JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Silver Ring

Author Topic: Finding Bliss - Chapter 12 - updated 3/7  (Read 8890 times)

Offline FaqU

• Member+
Finding Bliss - Chapter 12 - updated 3/7
« on: October 15, 2010, 04:12:00 PM »
Prologue

“Please don’t go” I grabbed onto your hand with so much fear running through me.  You stopped but you didn’t turn to face me “Please hear me out, it’s not how you think it is”

“How did you think I would think it was? There is no explanation for what I saw, for what we saw.  I will not be played a fool anymore” you spat out at me so harshly I could feel the dagger shredding my heart into a million pieces.

“Just hear me out, please? You owe it to me”

You spun and glared at me “I owe it to you? I owe it to you?! Those are such funny words coming out of your mouth Suzuki, do pray tell me how I owe you anything when I am not the one being caught cheating!!!”

“If you weren’t spending all your time with Captain, then we wouldn’t have felt the need to be suspicious and turn to each other for comfort” I flared out the thoughts that had been running through my mind over the last few months.

Your eyes went wide at first then they narrowed into slits as you flung my hand away from you “That’s low, Suzuki, too low for you to throw at me.  We should be the ones to blame for your suspicions when you have the same kind of relationship with who you were cheating with?” She gave off a laugh of disbelief “So we are the reason why you had to cheat on us? That’s just a beautiful reason” you turned to look at me with tears in your eyes “I never knew I couldn’t be trusted after everything we’ve gone through, after everything you knew about me, I never knew that it wasn’t enough to show you how much I love…loved you.  We’re through!” you walked off as I stood dead on the spot at the hurt and anger in your eyes, watching your faded back go around the corner in a daze.

I didn’t snap back to reality when I heard the screech of tires and screams as I realized those sounds were coming from where you turned “No, no, no this can’t be happening” I ran towards your direction to see people gathered around.

“Call the ambulance”

“Is she awake?”

“There’s so much blood”

I shoved past the spectators and was shocked to see your limp body surrounded by blood “No! No! This can’t be happening, this is all a bad, bad dream!!!” I crouched down and cradled your body “You can’t leave me here, I’m sorry!!!! I’m really, really sorry! You can’t leave me when you haven’t heard my side of the story.  You can’t just leave without hearing my sincere apology! I didn’t mean for things to be this way.  Maimi, please wake up, please stay with me, don’t leave me” I hollered out to your body

I saw your chest move up and down faintly and I knew that time was limited so I tried waking you up “Maimi….Maimi, wake up, look at me, please…please open your eyes to look at me” I tried gently patting her face but nothing worked.  I grabbed onto your hand, “Maimi, I know you can hear me, regardless if you are upset at me now, please just wake up and listen to me.  I know it was wrong of us and it was a mistake, it wasn’t out of the same kind of love that I had for you.  I am begging you to stay strong and give me a chance to prove to you that I didn’t play you for a fool” I felt droplets falling down on me as I looked up to the sky, it had started to rain and with each passing moment the rain was getting heavier and heavier.

I turned back down to you to see your fingers moving against my hand, grabbing onto it “Maimi, I’m here, can you hear me?”

Your hand was struggling to get out of my grasp which I loosened up, dejected that even in this situation you weren’t going to listen to me as I slowly moved my hand away.  Before I got even a centimetre away, your finger was scratching at the palm of my hand.  I couldn’t really understand but I realized that your finger was going in the same motion over and over in mid-air as I placed my palm under your finger again and concentrated as much as I could.  It was getting difficult because my mind was just praying that the ambulance would get here quickly and that you’ll be okay but I managed to understand that you were writing something.  Just as I comprehended what you had written, I watched slowly as your hand dropped to the floor with a thud and your chest stopped moving.  “NO!!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!” I cried there recalling everything that had happened from when we started going out to when I started doubting you to me cheating on you and to when we just broke up and finally to this moment where you spent your last breath to give me your final message ~I.F.O.R.G.I.V.E.Y.O.U~
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 03:41:54 PM by FaqU »

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • C-ute, Berryz and Morning Musume forever
Re: Finding Bliss - Prologue - updated 10/15
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 05:11:02 PM »
new fic from you!!! :on woohoo: :on woohoo: :on woohoo: i want to be the first one to comment..... :kekeke: :kekeke:

so, Airi is cheating on Maimi because she thought that Maimi was cheating on her with Captain???!!! :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

Maimi ran and had an accident!!! :on blackhole: :on blackhole: :on blackhole: oh my god!!!you've kill Maimi!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

now i can't wait to read the next chapter cause i don't know what to think anymore..... :err: :err: :err:

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 07:27:18 PM »
Wow...    :welcome
it´s amazing i´m curious, so curious...

I hope you write a great romance between Maimi and Airi, in your previous fic (Colour of Truth) almost no romantic moments between them both   
the beginning was great!!  :heart:   :heart:

I hope you don´t kill Maimi!! you´re evil !!! damn...

luck!!!    :heart:
" a look can say more than words" and " a look can even denude the heart"

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 12:39:32 AM »
Kids fic? But dang, you killed off Maimi pretty quickly. Is this going to replay, ala Groundhog's Day?

Offline fallenxangel24952

• TakaGaki Supporter 4 LIFE!!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaGaki=Forever Love
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 08:33:11 AM »
~Oh my god~

you just killed Maimi...in the Prologues? :shocked

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »
@ abok: Congradulations on being the first to comment!!!!!  :thumbsup

Unfortunately I did kill Maimi off, sorry but it gives it the dramatic effects  :kneelbow:

@ Maimi_Yajima: I'll have to see what I can think up of....I am not much of a romantic or fluff writer so gomene in advance  :kneelbow:

@ Her Awesome Holiness: I know, I know I killed Maimi... is she going to replay????  :roll: I think the first chapter explains what I am doing so I doubt I have to answer the question

@ fallenxangel24952: Gomene, gomene is all I can say, but the facts are set is that Maimi is dead....in the Prologue

Chapter 1

Airi POV

“Airin, I’m just so excited”

A familiar voice rang through my ears causing me to chuckle “Miya, now why are you excited” I decided to humour the girl

“We will be outta here going to university soon!” she sang through the phone

I chuckled at the naïve Miya, my best friend since we were kids, a girl that has an extremely tough exterior look but actually had a warm heart and could be quite childish.  I glanced at my wrist watch and my eyes literally popped out “Miya we’ll never make it to university if we’re late.  We’ve managed to destroy our attendance over the last few weeks because of your excitement.  I’ll see you at the usual place” ~CLICK~ I didn’t even wait for a response before hanging up as I gathered my things quickly and rushed out the door.

Running my way to school, I would consistently be checking my watch making sure I still had time.  Looking across the street at the front gates stood Miya waiting for me.  Picking up speed, I ran across the street to meet up with her when I heard horns blaring which made me turn my head to the right to see an oncoming car blinking their headlights and honking their horn.  I froze on the spot and could faintly hear Miya’s voice hollering for me to watch out and to move out of the way.

I felt a weight pushing me to the ground as the car’s honking sounds died down.  Footsteps could be heard approaching me “Airin!  Are you okay?”

I felt the weight being lifted off me as I blinked to see a shadow of a person getting up and holding a hand out for me to take “Miss, are you alright?”

Because of the sun behind the person, I couldn’t see the person’s face but groggily reached out to take the outstretched hand “I…I’m fine…I think”

The person easily lifted me to my feet “Airin, I’m so glad you’re okay” I turned to Miya and smiled to reassure here that I was fine.  When I turned back to get a better look at my saviour I had found that the person was already across the street walking off with someone else, arm over the other’s shoulder “Airin?...AIRIN?” Miya waved a hand in front of me snapping me back to reality

“Sorry what?”

“I asked if you were okay” Miya looked me up and down then turned me around for a thorough check

“Yeah Miya, I’m fine” I couldn’t help but look towards where my saviour was last seen, pity that I didn’t get the chance to see her face…or thank her either.

Throughout the day, I couldn’t really concentrate because my thoughts would always drift back to the events in the morning.

“Earth to Suzuki Airi, earth to Suzuki Airi” I jolted from my seat to catch Miya and our other friends giggling at me.

“Seriously this is the first I’ve seen Airin not paying attention in class” a squeaky voice laughed, hand covering her mouth, pinky sticking up in the air

“I know and I was hoping to copy her notes, damn it, just my luck the day I need to copy notes is the day Airin decides not to take any” a deep-voiced chimed in dressed in more of a boyish-style.

“Seriously, Airin did you hurt yourself from the tackle this morning?” Miya’s question killed the laughter as our friends looked at me more seriously

“What tackle?” the one who had a squeaky-voice quipped

“This morning Airin almost got run over by a car”

“How is she? Did she get hurt? Did she survive?” Miya rolled her eyes and smacked the squeaky one on the back of her head

“Momo, for someone who is older, you sure are dumb, Airin is in front of you isn’t she? I would like to believe she is very much alive however” Miya turned to face me again “I don’t know if she has any brain damage or anything internal”

“Mou, Miya did you have to hit me that hard? So if Airin got out of the way…hmmm….tackle…”Momo put a finger to her temple in deep thought

“Momo, you’re so slow” A new voice entered the group coming forward and used her index finger to push Momo’s forehead “Someone saved Airin in the nick of time right?”

“Honestly Momo-chan, how come you got a smart girlfriend who is smarter than you? And you are older?” the boyish one rolled their eyes.

Momo hugged her girlfriend “Chisa, 1) Quick thinking doesn’t mean smarter and 2) one of the reasons I love Risako-chan is because she is a quick thinker” Momo stuck her tongue out at Chisa

Rii-chan just rolled her eyes “So who’s the saviour?” she inquired getting the attention of the bickering duo

“I…I…don’t know, the sun was in my eyes so I didn’t get to see their faces properly” everyone then looked at Miya

“I was so concerned with Airin’s well-being that I didn’t pay attention as to where this person came from or anything” the group let out a sigh

“Well, baseball tryouts start today, is anyone joining?” Chisa piped up

“I think I will” we all turned to Miya with eyes wide “What? I’ll let you know I like baseball”

I couldn’t help but giggle “Sorry Miya but in the amount of time I’ve known you, you aren’t much of an athlete”

Miya knocked me on the top of my head, in which I rubbed pouting at her “Listen runt, just because I can’t run doesn’t mean I can’t play on a team sport that requires joint efforts.  I mean look at these muscles” Miya flexed her arms

We all laughed “That makes it sound that you’re going to rely on the whole team to cover for your mistakes” Chisa laughed ducking her head from a swing heading in her direction “That’s worse than having you on the team to begin with”

“Mou, guys I thought you were my back up? Why you dissin’ me like dat?” Miya’s yankii character came out but only caused more giggling when she pouted and crossed her arms across her chest

“Hehe, Miya you’ve got your girls, we are just teasing and besides if we don’t, you probably wouldn’t work as hard, but now you would work hard to make the team to prove all of us wrong right Chisa?”

“Don’t worry” Chisa placed her arm over Miya’s shoulders “I’m going to try out and make sure Miya makes it too”

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaGaki=Forever Love
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 1 - updated 10/19
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 09:07:58 PM »
The prologue is something near the end? or what?

I felt a weight pushing me to the ground as the car’s honking sounds died down.  Footsteps could be heard approaching me “Airin!  Are you okay?”

I felt the weight being lifted off me as I blinked to see a shadow of a person getting up and holding a hand out for me to take “Miss, are you alright?”

Because of the sun behind the person, I couldn’t see the person’s face but groggily reached out to take the outstretched hand “I…I’m fine…I think”

The person easily lifted me to my feet “Airin, I’m so glad you’re okay” I turned to Miya and smiled to reassure here that I was fine.  When I turned back to get a better look at my saviour I had found that the person was already across the street walking off with someone else, arm over the other’s shoulder “Airin?...AIRIN?” Miya waved a hand in front of me snapping me back to reality
The beginning of Maimi and Airin?

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 02:14:13 PM »
correct me if i'm wrong here, but i'm guessing that the prologue is actually somewhere near the ending and this story will be focusing on the flashback right???

so, Miya and Airi are best friends in this story..... :smoke: :smoke: i starting to wonder how they will end up cheating on Maimi and Saki..... :err: :err: :err:

Momo and Rii are together???!!! :shock: :shock: that is just so cute!!! :wriggly: :wriggly: :wriggly:

I'm curious about the person that save Airi now.... :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: and i really hope that the person is Maimi.... :ding: :ding: :ding:

Miya and baseball..... :hehehe: :hehehe: what will happen??? :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 04:13:22 PM »
Three guesses who the savior is and I don't think I'll need the other two. You're turning into a regular Hammy prodigy here.

is she going to replay????  :roll:
What? :lol: Why the eye roll, it's a perfectly valid question. Groundhog's Day was a good movie... :lol:

Offline Maimi_Yajima

• Member+
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 08:49:10 PM »
The prologue is something near the end? or what?

The beginning of Maimi and Airin?

I have those same questions.
good chapter Faqu and  have a bit of intrigue ...
" a look can say more than words" and " a look can even denude the heart"

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 04:24:16 PM »
@ fallenxangel24952: ahhh~~~ The joys of writing is to have the reader linger on and read till the end....I think with this you will find out the answer  ;)

@ abok: how did Airi and Miya cheat on Maimi and Saki???!!! Well if I tell you that, then I won't be able to have any fun right???  :twisted:

@ Her Awesome Holiness: Well I am studying in Hammy College  :lol: although I doubt I'll graduate with honours  :D

Yes, it is a valid question....I think  :lol:

@ Maimi_Yajima: the response is the same, you'll see

Chapter 2
??? POV

“Slick Maimi, slick.  You know you can be viewed as a player if I didn’t know you well enough” I looked at my best friend of most of my life.

“If it wasn’t because she caught your fancy, I wouldn’t have saved her, so think of it as me doing you a favour as opposed to me being a player”  she retorted with a smug look, while I was embarrassed that she caught me looking at her.

I whacked her across the arm “OI!” before we continued walking whereas Maimi just shrugged her shoulders and all I could do was shake at her.  As we were walking to school, I couldn’t help but worry about Maimi though, a habit I have had since we moved into town.

Yajima Maimi was no ordinary person, she was an orphan, but was adopted by very cruel people.  We were neighbours in our hometown so I was practically there when things were happening in Maimi’s life.  It is because of her childhood that I tend to worry about Maimi even though she puts on a strong front.  Fortunately now Maimi’s life is getting on the right track but at times I’ve heard Maimi mumble in her sleep, crying out for help.  I never told Maimi this because she is trying so hard to conceal her pain and all I could do is invite her to sleep over at my house where my parents are there, she can have a home cooked meal and not be alone in her apartment.

“Saki! Saki!” A hand was waving in front of my face snapping me out of my thoughts

“Huh?! What?”

“I said I’ve got baseball tryouts later so I was wondering if you were going to stay and wait”

“Sure, it’s nice out today, I could do my homework while you monitor the tryouts” Maimi smiled and I couldn’t help but smile back, a trait that Maimi has.  Not many people get to see this side of her, but I was sure that others would be affected by her smile that gave off warmth and comfort, another reason I concluded that if she did it more often, she would be labelled a player. 

“I’ll see you later okay?” Maimi patted me on the head and then ran off

“Mou!! I told you to stop that!!! Just because you’re taller doesn’t mean I can’t kick your ass!” I hollered out playfully, looking at Maimi’s back getting further and further away I felt pain running through my body.  I know I shouldn’t but it just becomes natural for me to think that she won’t come back, like she barely did at a younger age.

I sat down in class and my thoughts went back to when Maimi and I were younger, in our hometown, the images of Maimi almost dying or of her reaching out for help has been etched in my memories and although it has been awhile now, I couldn’t erase them not when I was the cause of her painful experiences.  I was maybe 8 or 9 at the time…

Flashback

“Nee nee Maimi, come play with me” I went into Maimi’s backyard to see her cutting the grass

Maimi stopped the contraption and wiped the sweat on her forehead with her towel “Sorry Saki, I’ve got lots to do today”

“Awwww come on Maimi, you never have time to play with me anymore” I knew Maimi was weak if I started to whine and give her puppy dog eyes

“Sorry Saki, really I can’t” her answer startled me because her resolve was strong this time around

“Oh I see, now your too busy to be my friend” I faked my anger and pouted

Instantaneously, Maimi ran over to me “No, no that’s not it…I…I…just have…”

“No, no I get it, you’re tired of being my friend” I sent her on a guilt trip, secretly smiling when I turned my back on her

“No, no…fine let’s go play” Maimi huffed out in defeat

“No, no, YOU’VE got things to do, wouldn’t want to stop you”

Maimi turned me around and smiled “What do you want to play?”

We went to my house and played random things from board games to sports to watching TV and by the time we were exhausted it was evening and the sun was setting

“Uh oh!!!” Maimi shot up from the couch while we were watching a movie

“What’s wrong Maimi?”

Maimi frantically put on her shoes “N-nothing Saki but I’ve got to go” she dashed out the door and I followed only to see her adopted father out in the backyard

“Where the hell were you?” His arms flailed up in the air and I could see Maimi bowing and apologizing.  Her adopted father looked in my direction in which I quickly ducked inside and closed the door behind me.

I knew what was to happen but I didn’t think much about it because it was the same things over and over again whenever Maimi’s parents were upset.  Maimi would show up again but she’ll have these coloured spots over her arms, in which I asked her before what they were and she just told me that she was playing with her parents and got clumsy most of the time, bumping into things, leaving marks.  Recently however, new things appeared beside the funny coloured dots, red lines would appear.  I didn’t notice them much because Maimi was wearing long sleeves and long pants most of the time but one day we were washing our hands and when Maimi rolled up her sleeves I noticed them.  I asked her about those too and she said that her room door is old and cracked, having pieces of wood sticking out and sometimes she’ll be too tired she forgets about them, giving her marks, in which again I didn’t doubt her.

Late that night, it was raining very hard with lightning and thunder when I woke up.  At first I thought it was my imagination but I heard footsteps outside my door so I decided to check what was going on.  I saw mama and papa putting on a robe over their pyjamas and heard the doorbell ring with raps against the door

“Who is it at this hour?” papa was a tad bit grumpy as my mother reached the door

When mama opened the door, a small figure fell onto the floor in front of her causing everyone to shriek.  The person lifted their face towards us and we gasped “H-h-help me” before fainting.

“Quick get her inside dear while I call the police” papa got onto the phone while I watched mama pick Maimi up and placed her on the couch.  I ran forward to see fresh blood coming out of Maimi’s mouth, and from her forehead while she was drenched.

“Honey, quick she’s got a fever” mama turned towards me “Saki-chan, I need you to get some of your clothes for Maimi to change into as well as a damp cloth” I nodded and ran, freaked out at the view of Maimi’s state.

End of Flashback

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 2 - updated 10/25
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 06:01:10 PM »
Holy crap! Poor Maimi! :shocked

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 06:21:56 PM »
oh no!!! :on blackhole: :on blackhole: :on blackhole: Maimi was an orphan and she was abused by her adopted parent?? :OMG: :OMG: :OMG:

i really hate them right now.... :on voodoo: :on voodoo: :on voodoo:

Maimi save Airi right??? :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: does that mean Airi is the one that Saki fancy??? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Saki really nice to Maimi and care about her a lot, Maimi's very lucky to have her.... :wriggly: :wriggly: :wriggly:

??? POV
if you are trying to be mysterious here, i think you just failed..... :kekeke: :kekeke: :kekeke:

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaGaki=Forever Love
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 05:51:24 AM »
OMG :shocked :shocked :shocked

How can you do it do maimi? :? :? :?

Little Maimi was so strong and didn't lets little Saki know the pain she had :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2010, 03:51:14 AM »
Hah~?? So Maimi isn't in a relationship with Saki, right? Cuz' Maimi said Saki fancied Airi...but then there's Mairi... :panic:

Is there going to be MiyAiri or MiyaSaki? Cuz' Maimi is going to die, right? Gah! Confusing! :panic:

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2010, 02:57:29 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness: I can only say that I am evil  :twisted: and sadistic?  :nervous

@ abok: Yes Saki likes Airi and there are reasons for why Saki cares about Maimi.  I knew that the POV would be known but just for fun why not right???

@ fallenxangel24952: Sorry if it offends but it adds to the dramatic effect and explanation about Maimi's character...trust me  ;)

@ kano-chan: sorry for the confusion but there will be explanations to all of this.  As of the moment Saki does fancy Airi and Maimi is unknown

Chapter 3

Saki POV

We got her to the hospital and mama called Maimi’s parents as well.  I wasn’t fully aware of the situation then but I figured out later that Maimi was getting abused at home but the funny thing is that Maimi would always lie about her injuries, saying she either tripped or that she was robbed, just like that night when the officers asked her how she sustained the injuries.

It was actually my fault that Maimi got beaten up so badly because I told her to leave her chores most of the time and play with me instead.  I don’t even recall how long Maimi stayed with those people before my parents caught on and decided to talk to Maimi about it.

Flashback

“Maimi-chan, would you like to come in for some cookies? I bought this new brand and was wondering if you would like to share some” mama called out to Maimi, who looked like she was debating about something “You can just come in, take one and go back to what you were doing”

Maimi walked over and I could see that with each step she took, her face looked like she was in pain but when she saw us waiting, Maim would smile at us.  Mama held the door for her revealing a cast on her arm, in which Maimi claimed that she fell from a tree, breaking her arm.  Mama carefully sat Maimi down and gave her a glass of juice, whereas Maimi looked around for the said cookies.  Mama caught on to what Maimi was looking for before going to the cupboard and pulling out a box of cookies.

Instantly, one could see a smile on Maimi’s face, something I haven’t seen in a while from the girl.  Mama placed the cookies on a plate and moved it in front of Maimi, whereas Maimi looked up at mama as if she wasn’t sure if she could have one “Go ahead dear, take one” Slowly, Maimi’s good hand crept up to the plate and I noticed that one of her fingers was a different colour.

“Maimi how did you get black all over your finger?” Maimi’s eyes went wide and hid her hand underneath the table

I watched mama sit down beside her “Maimi-chan, can you show auntie Shimizu your finger?” Maimi didn’t budge but when mama placed her hand over Maimi’s own hand, slowly mama was able to pull out the said finger and examine it “Maimi-chan, how did this happen?” Maimi looked away back down to her lap

“It’s paint, only paint” she mumbled

Mama patted her lap, in which Maimi only stared in confusion “Come sit here and let me take a closer look at it”

Again Maimi didn’t budge so I nudged her diverting her gaze from mama.  I gave her a light push towards mama “Don’t worry Maimi, mama is probably thinking of how to clean it off for you”

Maimi sat on mama’s lap and slowly mama picked up Maimi’s hand for close inspection, brushing it and every time she did, Maimi would scrunch up her face and her arm would twitch “Maimi-chan, tell auntie Shimizu the truth, what happened to your broken arm and this finger”  Maimi stared into mama’s eyes and didn’t say anything “did  they do this to you?” again no response.  Mama then lifted the back of Maimi’s shirt and gasped snapping Maimi out of her thoughts, tugging her shirt back down “Maimi-chan you have to tell me what is going on”

Maimi shook her head “I can’t help you if you don’t” still Maimi kept quiet but I saw droplets fall from Maimi’s face

I walked up to Maimi “Don’t cry Maimi” I then looked at mama “Mama, is Maimi not feeling well? Why is she crying?”

“Saki dear, go to your room first, I need to talk to Maimi-chan”

“But I don’t want to, I wanna play with Maimi” I whined, it was hard to get the chance to play with Maimi

“Saki…” mama stopped when she felt a tug at her shirt by Maimi

“I…I want a mommy and daddy…I don’t want to be alone again” Maimi choked out in which made me confused, I mean her mommy and daddy are next door aren’t they?

Mama turned Maimi to face her “But Maimi-chan, they shouldn’t do this to you, you need to get help” mama wiped Maimi’s tears with her thumb

Maimi shook her head “I only want a mommy and daddy, they aren’t doing anything wrong, it is only because Maimi was bad and didn’t listen”

“Maimi-chan…”

“BRAT!! WHERE ARE YOU? Sneaking off from your chores again” at the voice Maimi’s eyes went wide, body tense and face went pale as she scrambled away from mama’s lap and hurried out the door

Later that evening I had woken up from my nap to hear mama and papa talking in whispers outside my door “Something has to be done”

“We can’t help her if she doesn’t let us”

“But she’ll die… you should have seen the gashes she had…we need to help her get away…let’s…let’s take her in”

There was silence after that before papa spoke up again “Honey, grab my coat and an umbrella, I’ll be back” I ran to the window when I heard the front door open and close to see papa walk over to Maimi’s house.  I saw papa arguing with Maimi’s father so I ran to tell mama

“Mama!!!”

Mama was pacing in the kitchen “What’s wrong Saki-chan?”

“Why is papa yelling at Maimi’s daddy?”

Mama embraced me ina hug and we just sat there before the doorbell rang to reveal papa holding Maimi in his arms and she looked really bad.  One of her eyes were red, puffy and swollen, blood coming out from above her eye, her lips and from her head

“Honey what happened?” mama quickly rushed up to papa

“Call the cops and get an ambulance, they were hurting this poor child because we knew about it.  They were both drunk and were about to hurt me too if Maimi-chan didn’t stop them.  Maimi-chan used everything she had and swung a baseball bat randomly, knocking down the mother while the father was ready to throw a beer bottle at me.  Maimi-chan rushed up and was about to hit him but he smashed it on her head”  papa looked down at Maimi in his arms “she didn’t faint right away but had enough energy to swing at his head knocking him cold before fainting”

End of Flashback

Maimi was admitted to the hospital and my parents helped the police get rid of Maimi’s parents.  When Maimi first found out that she had no parents again she was devastated but it didn’t last long because mama and papa told us she was going to live with us and I couldn’t be happier having someone to play with all the time.  Over the years, Maimi was living with us, I would catch her looking next door at the empty house and she would suddenly clutch onto her head.  Soon, she went off track, her smile faded slowly when she was faced with someone foreign and at school and she even did things that I couldn’t imagine she would be doing.  She even secluded herself to her room, going out with a bad crowd, behaviour getting worse and worse.  It took us a while to straighten her up, in which eventually she did but it was a long process and due to this behaviour we thought it was best that we move so that she didn’t have to think back at the past and even go back to her old ways.

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Finding Bliss - Chapter 3 - updated 11/04
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2010, 05:05:04 PM »
Again, poor Maimi!! God, and then you kill her in the end? Yeah, I know I shouldn't, but I'm laughing. Does that make me a bad person? :lol:

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaGaki=Forever Love
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 08:40:02 PM »
yeah I know it too...

but if I imagine it.....poor maimi :cry: :cry: :cry:

Offline abok

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2010, 08:39:50 PM »
poor Maimi..... :fainted: :fainted: :fainted:

she has suffered to much.... :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

thank god that Saki parent save her and took her in.... :farofflook: :farofflook: :farofflook:

love Saki parent.... :luvluv2: :luvluv2: :luvluv2: hate Maimi parent so much..... :on voodoo: :on voodoo: :on voodoo:

Offline FaqU

• Member+
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 03:37:00 PM »
@ Her Awesome Holiness: It doesn't make you a bad person but it makes me wonder what and why you were laughing??

@ fallenxangel24952: I'll try to minimize the damage on Maimi (no promises though  :nervous)

@ abok: Maimi's adopted parents actually, because Maimi is an orphan.

Chapter 4

Airi POV

Miya was especially anxious today because of the tryouts and I was surprised because I honestly didn’t think Miya was the sporty type.  When the bell rang at the end of the day, we all went to our respective lockers before meeting at Miya’s like we agreed to.

“Yo! Miya!” Maasa-chan high-fived Miya, giving me a nod, while Chinami-chan and Kumai-san did the same “you ready?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be” I took a look at our mini group and I’ve got to admit we were a big group that was supportive of each other

“Maasa-chan!!” I turned to see Chisa and Nakky hand in hand, followed by Rii-chan and Momo “You going for tryouts too?”

“Yep, was talked into it by a classmate earlier in the year” Chisa and Maasa-chan exchanged high-fives. 

“We should start heading there or we will be late” Kumai-san commented as she looked at her watch, before tugging Chinami-chan with her.

Those that were trying out, in particular, Maasa-chan, Chisa, Miya and Kumai-san, went to get changed whereas the rest of us went to the bleachers to watch with the exception of one who put on a baseball cap and ran to the fields as well

“Nee, nee Rii-chan, where is your girlfriend going?” I asked watching Momo run, butt sticking out, pinkies in the air

“Oh, she’s going to persuade the captain and coach to be the manager of the team” Rii-chan replied nonchantedly in which we nodded

There was a moment of silence for all of us to register what Rii-chan just told us before our eyes popped out and we did a double take “EH?!!~~~”

Rii-chan looked at us and just shrugged “I don’t know why but that’s what Momochi said she’s going to do”

Chinami snorted “I doubt she’ll make it, I mean no offense Risako-chan but the team will probably go downhill with Momo as manager because she’ll probably mess things up somewhere”

“None taken, that’s exactly what I told Momochi”

“I rephrase Chisa’s statement, how did you ever hook up with Momo?” Nakky chimed in

“Well Momochi said she had a high chance of it happening so I didn’t say anything”

“How?”

“Momochi kinda knows the captain of the team from knowing the captain of the dance club or something”

“Oh! I think I know who she is referring to” Chinami-chan declared with a finger in the air like ‘I’ve got it’ “The short and tall combo” The girls and I gave Chinami-chan a confused look “You know the duet, one older and one my age”

“Chinami-chan you’re going to have to be more specific” I was still unsure who she was referring to and by the faces of the others, they don’t have a darn clue either

“Come! It’s easier for you to see than for me to describe them.  If I’m not mistaken then one should be sitting in the stands too” Chinami-chan went ahead while we followed until she stopped all of a sudden causing a bit of a crumpling effect “See that’s one half of the duet” Chinami-chan pointed at a girl sitting on the bleachers absorbed with something, homework? I presume “And that” she pointed to a girl stretching “is the other one”

We watched as Momo skipped right up to the stretching one and tapped her shoulder.  We all watched as she pointed at the one on the bleachers before reverting our gaze back to see how Momo was going to make it as manager.  We could clearly see that Momo was pleading and begging before she made it because Momo jumped up and down grinning while the girl that was stretching just walked off towards the other players and the coach.

We were all taking a seat expecting Momo to come back but the girl seemed to have said something to Momo in which Momo disappeared but minutes later Momo was slowly walking out dragging this bag behind her.  I was curious as to what was inside the bad that Momo was struggling with.  I watched the girl look in Momo’s direction before jogging over and lifted the bag over her shoulder with such ease I couldn’t help but giggle at the look on Momo’s face

“Did you guys see that?” Chinami-chan’s voice rang amongst us

“Yeah, that girl totally just owned Momo, picking up that bag with ease” commented Rii-chan

Moments later the girl put the bag down and unzipped it to reveal baseball helmets, gloves, some wooden bats and catcher gear.  My jaw dropped at how much that bag could have weighed.  I watched as Miya went over to grab a glove with Maasa-chan and Chisa while the girls were still in awe.  Maasa-chan exchanged some words to the girl, who bore no real expression but did a light bow before walking off.

We stayed and watched our girls throwing, batting and catching, cheering them on when it was their turn and yelling out words of encouragement when they messed up.  Before long they were leaving to get changed which is our cue to wait for them by the locker room.  Unexpectedly, my eyes landed on the stretching girl who was walking over to the bleachers and clearly I could see the shorter one was right down at the border separated by a fence where they were talking

“Nee, nee Chinami-chan, are the duets dating?” I could hear Rii-chan wondering, I guess she noticed it too

“Those 2 are a mystery to most of us, a lot of us assumed they were because they were practically joined at the hips but I don’t think anyone really knows the relationship between the two”

“They do act like it though” I turned to see Momo there beaming at us

“I guess you are manager now?”

“Not yet Airin, I have to go through a trial or something”

“Looks like they don’t really need you though because that one girl totally could handle everything” Nakky teased earning her a glare

“For your information, that was the captain of the team and she can’t manage if she’s training and playing”

“So what made you convince her to give you a chance?” Rii-chan asked on behalf of all of us

“Captain” we all looked at each other, not really understanding her one word answer “Captain” Momo pointed at the girls separated by a fence “The one not on the baseball team but in the dance club has a nickname, that being Captain”

“Let’s walk over to wait for the girls but Momo I still don’t understand, this Captain isn’t the captain on the baseball team so how does that work?” I walked ahead of everyone else heading towards the change rooms

“Well Airin, I asked the dance captain about asking the baseball captain if I could get a chance during one of my classes.  Captain told me the baseball team was looking for a manager and you know me, I’m not sportive but it’ll look good for me to be actively participating in a school team”

“Some manager” Chisa snorted walking towards us

“Hey, it was only my first try, you can’t say I won’t get better” Momo retorted pleading with her eyes for Rii-chan to back her up

“Yabai!!! That was harsh” Miya walked out fanning herself, dragging her feet

“If you thought that was bad, I can’t imagine how you’ll survive going forward” Maasa-chan patted Miyabi on the shoulder chuckling “If I’m not mistake it will only get tougher”

Miya groaned causing a round of laughter “Kami-sama, please save me before I die young and beautiful”

Laughter could be heard from behind us, directing all of our attention to see the duet, taller one’s arm around the shoulders of the shorter one.  They notice our group and gave us a smile and a nod, well more like the shorter one gave us a smile whereas the taller one only gave us a nod, before heading towards the change room together.  I was about to turn to the group once again but I noticed that Miya hasn’t stopped staring at the closed change room doors.  A smile crept up on my face as I whispered to her “Someone caught your fancy? Tall or short?”

Miya jolted a bit as I giggled “I-I don’t know what your talking about, but I find the tall one oddly familiar”

“Duh! She’s your captain”

“No, I mean from somewhere else” I rolled my eyes totally not believing her

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Silver Ring