JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Joyo Joyo

Author Topic: (Artist) ANNA & OLIVIA  (Read 64440 times)

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
NANA anime OP/ED singers: ANNA & OLIVIA
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2006, 04:58:30 PM »
^ Yes, I have known about Olivia since way back in 1998!^^ LOL I was able to snag D&D's one and only album from CD Japan some years ago... I don't even think they sell it anymore! I definitely prefer her solo stuff, though... Synchronicity was a great album and for me, The Lost Lolli only got better for her^^ I don't know why, I like her really dark stuff... I have all four of her mini-albums too :heart:

Anyway, I agree with your theory about what was supposed to be her new mini-album... I'm just glad that although Olivia was never a HUGE artist in terms of popularity, avex didn't drop her... She's just so incredibly talented and has an amazing voice, I can't say it enough! :heart: I do hope they will give her an album at some point, though, even if it is under the "inspi REIRA" name. So far, the songs on both singles she has done for the NANA anime are amazing, and I think her own personal style shines through a lot^^

Now, if only they could get Olivia to actually play Reira in the next NANA live-action movie... I think she fits the character so much better than Yuna Ito, personally :P LOL

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2006, 05:29:01 PM »
I only own Livi's synchronicity album (regular press without the bonus track -"-) & a little pain cd+dvd, and I'm waiting for Wish/Starless Night cd+dvd in the mail weee~ I want to buy The Lost Lolli one day too, but she's not the only artist I like and I prefer dvds to cds, so yeah, one day (I can't afford her mini-albums because TowerRecords shipping rate for my country is like $60 O_O).

It seems that some fans are disappointed in Livi with her anime deal, like as if she "sold out" and stuff. Personally I liked all her new songs, and I think she deserves recognition that NANA gave her. And Livi herself said her music became mellower, so I guess she sort of grown out of her agressive indie period... sigh, even great musicians can't please everyone.

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2006, 06:02:43 PM »
^ Yes, she has definitely grown out of her darker period... She's stated in various interviews that she was going through a bad time when she was composing the second of the four mini-albums and then The Lost Lolli, which is a compliation of the "best" material from her mini-albums and a couple of other tracks. If you like dark, haunting music, you will definitely love The Lost Lolli^^ I wouldn't worry too much about not getting the mini-albums because most of the songs are on The Lost Lolli. I just got them because I freakin ADORE Olivia and wanted to own every piece of her^^ LOL

I think it's sad that people would say she's "sold out" by tying in with the NANA anime, when looking at it, it was probably the best move for her career, since it seems she wants to continue releasing music in the Japanese industry (all of the songs on The Lost Lolli and the four mini-albums are completely in English^^) As a loyal fan, I will continue to support her no matter what, but there isn't any denying that the work she has done for the anime is standout on its own :heart:

Btw, I really like Wish, just because it has an edgier, more rock style to it, and I miss that about Olivia^^ LOL But a little pain is probably one of the BEST songs I have ever heard, both in J-pop and elsewhere... It's brilliant, in my book :heart:

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2006, 06:42:34 PM »
^ I already love The Lost Lolli, I just listed the real cds I own, I have complete Livi's discography in mp3 lol But I'd like to support her more, and buying newest releases is the best thing to do, imho. Not sure if I mentioned it here already, but I'm an Olivia fan since 2002 so you don't have to explain how awesome she is to me XD Hopefully some other people will read that and get curious heh. Actually, I had a site dedicated to Livi, but it's been dead since TLL release and I haven't found time to revive it, but you can check it out anyway -> Dear Angel ~ Olivia Lufkin Clique

Haters

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2006, 06:54:02 PM »
Quote from: aedon
^  Not sure if I mentioned it here already, but I'm an Olivia fan since 2002 so you don't have to explain how awesome she is to me XD Hopefully some other people will read that and get curious heh.

Well that was a little... mean? LOL

I wasn't trying to come off "know-it-all" or offend you, if that's what you were thinking XD The forum is about sharing knowledge, ne? I was just sharing mine

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2006, 07:10:37 PM »
I wouldn't use a smiley if I wanted to be mean :o Sorry if it really sounded so. I admit it kinda hurt my pride that you considered me a newbie lol Livi's "synchronicity" was my first Japanese cd ever, so I might've gotten a little uptight with my Livi fandom XD Sorry again.

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2006, 08:20:05 PM »
^ *hugs* It's okay! I just thought maybe I offended you or something, which I never mean to do! XD LOL I'm probably the most non-confrontational person alive, so it bothers me if I ever ruffle anyone's feathers :heart:

Good choice on Synchronicity being your first CD ever, though!^^ And also, I had run across your website before in the past... That's really cool to kind of know who it belongs to now! :heart:

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #87 on: October 17, 2006, 02:51:10 PM »
=OLIVIA Oricon Update=
Wish/Starless Night
1st week (10/10~10/16)
Daily:
#6 - #6 - #4 - #5 - #8 - #8 - #7
Weekly:
#7 14,062 copies

2nd single in Top 10, congrats, Livi!!! :w00t:

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #88 on: October 18, 2006, 06:45:20 PM »
Saw this on CD Japan today...

a girl meets bossanova 2 (Title subject to change)
OLIVIA
  Catalog No.: SSDI-9218
Format: CD
Number of discs (or other units): 1
Release Date: 2006/11/22
Price: 2381yen (US$ 20.23/ 2500yen Tax incl.)
F.S. Points: 71 points
Item weight: 120 g

Availability:
Usually ships on the release date

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tell a Friend About This Item  

Description
New album release from OLIVIA has the artist singing refresshing acoustic versions of her original tracks and covers. Album includes 12 tracks total.

(All product details, including availability, images, language(s), special features, and bonus extras, are subject to change without prior notice. Actual item weight may be different from the one indicated above.)

Is this really by Olivia?? If so, I can't wait!! :heart:

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #89 on: October 18, 2006, 06:49:05 PM »
No, it's a trap, it's by different Olivia, her full name is Olivia Ong.

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2006, 08:34:31 PM »
*grr* Should have known it was too good to be true... XD LOL

I wish they wouldn't have put her name in all caps, because that's Olivia's signature!

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2006, 09:32:40 PM »
I finally got my copy of Wish/Starless Night today!!^^ :heart: I haven't listened to it yet, but it came with a cell phone strap, which is so cool! LOL It didn't say on yesasia that it came with any bonus extras, so that was a really cool surprise! :heart:

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #92 on: October 21, 2006, 06:23:12 PM »
=OLIVIA Oricon Update=
Wish/Starless Night

2nd week
Daily:
(10/17~)
* * #19 #18 #20 #16

1st week (2006.10.23)
#7 14,062 copies
Daily:
(10/10~10/16)
#6 #6 #4 #5 #8 #8 #7

(If anyone could help me to find Livi's rankings on 10/17 and 10/18 when she was out of Top20, I'd be really grateful.)

Edit: Updated with 10/21 & 10/22 rankings (in plum color).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 08:55:54 PM by aedon »

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #93 on: October 23, 2006, 09:01:15 PM »
Quote from: wakaba_doll
I finally got my copy of Wish/Starless Night today!!^^ :heart: I haven't listened to it yet, but it came with a cell phone strap, which is so cool! LOL It didn't say on yesasia that it came with any bonus extras, so that was a really cool surprise! :heart:

WTF and I got just another stupid logo sticker! :evil: At least I liked the color roffle
I should've just ordered CD only edition too, I haet avex now -_-

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2006, 05:24:46 PM »
^ Aww, I'm sure you can still get it!^^

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2006, 06:13:50 PM »
^ It's actually sold out at CDJapan already, and I'm not messing with Yesasia again, since they don't even tell if it'll be first press or not, and their shipping is SLOW. Oh well. My cellphone is too ancicent for cool accessories anyways XD

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2006, 12:24:44 AM »
^ Wow... CD Japan is sold out! XD That's really amazing to me, since last time I checked, yesasia still had in stock the a little pain single, ready to ship in 1-2 business days (which says to me not a lot of people bought it XD)

I don't blame you for not wanting to try yesasia, though, just because of their track record, but if you or anyone else ever still want to get it, I'm sure they will probably have copies with the cell phone strap available^^  

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2006, 11:46:52 AM »
^ roffle it's not completely sold out at CDJapan, it's the first press that is sold out, with the phone strap/sticker bonus :D

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2006, 05:15:54 PM »
=OLIVIA Oricon Update=
Wish/Starless Night
Total: 19,319 copies

2nd week (2006.10.30)
#20 5,257 copies
Daily:
(10/17~10/24)
* * #19 #18 #20 #16 #20 *

1st week (2006.10.23)
#7 14,062 copies
Daily:
(10/10~10/16)
#6 #6 #4 #5 #8 #8 #7

So far it's selling slightly worse than a little pain, which sold 26,849 in 2 weeks :(

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #99 on: October 26, 2006, 08:58:22 PM »
^ Hmm... It seems to me that with Olivia, the Japanese public doesn't care too much for her more "rock" stuff XD LOL For instance, her first two idol singles, I.L.Y. ~yokoubou and reACT (both done with Tetsuya Komuro), sold really well in comparison with the other singles she released under her own direction, ne? And when she was getting ready to release a little pain, I remember reading that she thought the single suited a Japanese audience much better (apparently she had written the lyrics first in English, which came out a bit "dark" and then she changed it when she re-wrote them in Japanese.) I don't know, though...

What do you guys think? aedon?^^ :heart:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Joyo Joyo