JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Hadashi no Megami

Author Topic: (Artist) ANNA & OLIVIA  (Read 64916 times)

Offline aedon

• Member+
NANA anime OP/ED singers: ANNA & OLIVIA
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2006, 11:11:50 AM »
^ Olivia still needs help translating her lyrics to Japanese :o Her Japanese improved greatly in these years of obscurity though... but I guess the public doesn't like halfie's that don't speak Japanese all that well (unlike let's say, Kimura Kaela and Tsuchiya Anna). I'm not really sure why her rock stuff isn't that popular, Wish/Starless Night is watered down compared to her indie releases, so basically people just prefer pop songs in general? So I guess I'll have to agree with you, wakaba :D

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #101 on: October 28, 2006, 03:33:43 PM »
=Tsuchiya Anna=
Yukata Daisuki Magazine 夏/2006

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2006, 06:59:50 PM »
Anna in kimono=pretty!^^ I really liked her song Rose (although of her solo, non-NANA releases, I have to say I like SLAP THAT NAUGHTY BODY best :P LOL That's such a fun song! LOL) Has she done anything else for the NANA anime, though? I would have thought they would let her do another song, too, since Olivia seems to be dominating with her music for the anime^^  

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2006, 08:58:27 AM »
OLIVIA @ Pacific Media Expo 2006/10/28

Video: Yahoo! 300k

:w00t:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2006, 09:00:09 AM »
Quote from: aedon;224663
:w00t:

Tris-chan WAS THERE!! :bounceblob: :bounceblob: :bounceblob:

Offline DroolBoy

• ~PingMoogSev (PMS) Fan~
  • Member+
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2006, 09:03:43 AM »
Quote from: SunshineSlayer;928586
Just got back from PMX (literally^_^)
a
The little bit of news that Olivia gave out is that she is still working on her upcoming mini album and that now it will be released in early 2007.

Overall the show was great.  Both of the opening bands were very good.  I had never heard of either Dig Jelly or UchiSentai NOIZ, but I am now a new fan of both bands.
Olivia didn't take the stage until about 10pm because both opening bands played pretty long sets. She has an amazing live voice.  So perfect that one would almost think she is lip synching but she isn't, which was proven when her mike went out for a little bit in Alone in Our Castle.  I really don't think her tv show performances that I have seen do her voice justice - I always thought her voice sounded just a little bit thin and weak on tv lives, but hearing her in person it doesn't sound that way. :shrug

I do think that she lacks a bit in stage presence and didn't have much audience interaction but I pretty much knew that going in from the performances I had watched on video, so I wasn't suprised. You can tell that even when she is talking she just seems very timid and shy. What makes it worthwhile though is her voice and the music. She also seemed to loosen up and get into it more as the set went on.

The only real disappointments were the following:
1. She only played for an hour (one of the opening bands played longer than that) and for tickets that cost as much as $70, that is really short - makes me wonder if that is the reason why they added two other bands at the last minute.
2. She didn't play any songs from the Synchonicity album, which is where most of her hits are.

I suppose Avex was probably thinking that this audience would only know the Nana songs and that it would be best to have the rest of the set filled with songs from her second album?(which is mostly in English) But durring the encore, you could tell people were dissapointed not to hear Dekinai, My Dear Angel, Dress Me Up, ReAct etc.  Someone even shouted for Into the Stars to be played.  I DID like the songs that were played, I just would have liked to hear some of the old favorites too. :)

Set list to the best of my recollection:
1. Sea Me
2. Fake Flowers
3. A Little Pain
4. Tears and Rainbows
5. Alone in Our Castle
6. Celestial Delinquent
7. Blind Unicorn
8. Starless Night
9. I forget which song was played here (it may have been butterfly)
10. Wish (she incorrectly introduced this as Spider Spins)
11. Spider Spins (I really think she should open w/ this song since it is always the one she gets into the most)
Encore -
12. Devil in Me.

Source: sunshineslayer @AHS/jph!p :D
she's my fire, my desire...

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2006, 02:57:03 PM »
^ Too freakin cool!!^^ I wish I could have been there! It's great to hear that her mini-album hasn't been totally scrapped and will still be released, though :kgreat: I'm really happy avex is still giving her a chance, outside of her NANA stuff :heart:

Also, I've read before that Olivia has said herself that she is really shy... So maybe the response she received from the fans at PMX just overwhelmed her and that's why she seemed to "lack stage presence"? It would be interesting to see how she acts in a smaller venue versus a bigger one like PMX. Just speculating^^  LOL

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #107 on: October 30, 2006, 06:42:58 PM »
Quote from: aedon;224663

Video: Yahoo! 300k

Pic:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/38318/
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20061030-00000019-oric-ent
:ONluvluv1:

Offline DroolBoy

• Member+
« Reply #108 on: November 06, 2006, 08:13:29 AM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kzUrULmE884
OLIVIA's latest song, Dream Catcher, to be featured on her new mini album, "The Cloudy Dreamer," set to released 1.17.07.

From Jigoku Shoujo, an NTV dorama [very pretty ED.]
VERY nice song. :)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ob8rn6
http://www.twitter.com/?d=3IM4HODG
MP3 rip.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 08:21:20 AM by DroolBoy »

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #109 on: November 06, 2006, 10:56:51 AM »
THANKS DB! <3

I didn't like the intro and was about to go all "blah" and then... SUPERB :pen_shocked:

Offline DroolBoy

• Member+
« Reply #110 on: November 07, 2006, 06:55:02 AM »
DONDON.

ANNA inspi' BLACKSTONES has a new single announced that is untitled..

to release the same day as OLIVIA's next minialbum [1.17.07.]~
I wonder if the OP/ED will switch..

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #111 on: November 07, 2006, 05:00:35 PM »
Quote from: aedon;229730
THANKS DB! <3

I didn't like the intro and was about to go all "blah" and then... SUPERB :pen_shocked:

I so agree!! LOL It actually took me a couple of listens before I started to like it, but it's hard NOT to like Olivia's voice, ne? I'm really looking forward to her mini-album in January! :heart:

Quote from: DroolBoy;230237
DONDON.

ANNA inspi' BLACKSTONES has a new single announced that is untitled..

to release the same day as OLIVIA's next minialbum [1.17.07.]~
I wonder if the OP/ED will switch..

Wow, that's great news for Anna! :heart: I was starting to wonder if she had somehow fallen in the cracks with all the music Olivia's been putting out for the anime... It'll be interesting to see how her numbers (sales and such) will stack up against Olivia's since they will be releasing on the same day!

As for the OP/ED switch... I'm sure they'll make the switch once the BLACKSTONES single is aired in the show^^ After all, it's only fair, since the anime is called NANA and Anna is the singing voice for one of the lead characters! :heart: LOL

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #112 on: November 07, 2006, 06:11:14 PM »
rose sold 28,603 copies on 1st week [#6] and a little pain only 20,162 [#8]. Overall, I'm not sure if Anna has beat Livi, because in 3 weeks Anna sold 44,305 copies while Olivia just 31,392 but rose stayed on the chart for 9 weeks while a little pain for whole 14 :o
a little pain http://www.oricon.co.jp/music/release/d/655234/1/
rose http://www.oricon.co.jp/music/release/d/655231/1/

So I'm not that happy about Anna's another single for Nana >_>

Offline dnangel

• Member+
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2006, 09:28:41 AM »
wow... olivia is so beautiful. I don't think i've seen any girl as pretty as she is. There are lots of pretty girls that are mixed, but i think olivia is the top of them all

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2006, 10:40:47 AM »

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2006, 02:34:50 PM »
^ I *LOVE* the Dear Nana website!! :heart: Thank you for sharing the link to that interview, aedon... I hadn't actually been on the wesbite in a while, so I hadn't seen it yet! Love the pics of Anna and Olivia together... Kawaii ne~! :heart:

And btw, I think Olivia is really similar to Reira's character, too :D

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2006, 07:04:28 PM »
According to its official site, NANA anime has a new ending song since 11/8 episode, it's the new Tsuchiya Anna song entitled 黒い涙 [Kuroi Namida = Black Tear(s)]. However, they state that 'the release date is pending and the details will be announced' (gotta love the auto-translators, rofl), so maybe they'll set a different date, who knows... but I guess the Nana vs. Reira chart war helps the sales, so probably it's January 17th after all :/ It's on j00tube already ->
&
OLIVIA's mini-album is already on pre-order at several stores, and here're the details they give out so far:
The Cloudy Dreamer
2007.01.17 on sale
CD+DVD CTCR-14510 ¥2,381 (tax out)
CD only CTCR-14511 ¥1,905 (tax out)
CDJapan's description:
New mini-album from OLIVIA with the track "Dream Catcher (theme song to anime series "Jigoku Shojo") and more. This edition includes bonus DVD with music videos and live footage from OLIVIA's July 25 concert at the O-West.
Bonus Extra (included while First Press is still available): special feature/bonus available

Looks like they've just copied it from the old page, so I wouldn't be so sure about the dvd content :| I'll pre-order it as soon as I'll be able anyway though XD

Offline wakaba_doll

• kakkoi☆
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • forever...
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2006, 07:47:49 PM »
^ Thanks for the info on the mini-album, aedon! :heart: I'm *SO* going to pre-order this once I get some more money... I can't get paid fast enough XD LOL

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2006, 11:04:31 AM »
Tsuchiya Anna's single release date has been confirmed, it's indeed 2007/01/17 :/ CDJapan claims it to include the new Nana ending theme (Kuroi Namida, I suppose) and 1 b-side. BUT! There's one more release from Anna on the same day, and it's a LIVE DVD! Yay! The price is rather reasonable too (3,800 yen). No details about the concert length or anything, but it says it'll include off-shot footage. Pre-order @ CDJapan.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #119 on: November 11, 2006, 03:51:47 PM »

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Hadashi no Megami