JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - My World

Author Topic: SEARCH [ . C #28 + Epilogue ] 31 December 2011  (Read 44477 times)

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . C #14 ] 10 September 2011
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2011, 01:42:25 PM »
.  [ # C15 ]

Risa kept her eyes closed as she leaned the back of her head against the wall, seizing this little short period for a short rest. It took no longer than a while for Risa to fall into a light sleep. Though that, her mind was not. 'What can I do to help her? Why did Yoshizawa-senpai gave me this case file? What am I suppose to do? Reinvestigate the case? The alibis? The evidence. Wait, was there an evidence log in the folder? I don't remember seeing that? What should I do? … … ' A soft tap on Risa's shoulder had woke her up from her light sleep on the corridor chairs. Risa rubbed her eyes tiredly and looked up, only to see Aya standing before her.  "What happened? Did anything happened to Haru-chan?" Risa asked wearily.

Aya shook her head gently. "We just removed the ventilator from Haru-chan. She should be waking up from the effects of the anaesthesia in no longer while." Aya informed as she gave Risa an assuring smile.

"Thank goodness! " Risa whispered in relieve. Though that, she could not allow herself to let off her guard. After all, it was the second time she had heard the same set of words from Aya. There are still places for complications to occur up again and Risa had knew it clearly right from the bottom of her heart.

"If there's nothing else, I will make my move now. I will be back in my office." Aya bowed lightly and backed a step, turning an angle slightly away from Risa.

"Wait a minute, Matsuura sensei!" Risa called out softly.

Aya turned back and glanced curiously at Risa. "Is there anything else?"

"How's -" The concern lingered at Risa's lips, yet, had stopped before it was even expressed. She was lost. She wanted to say 'that thing', but she knew that Aya would not be able to understand who was she trying to refer to. Having yet to call Ai once by her name, Risa was lost for words. "How's . . . her. . . " Risa trailed off almost inaudibly.

"Her?"

"Yes. . . her. .  ." Came the soft affirmation.

"Ai-chan?" Aya guessed.

Risa nodded her head gently and cleared her throat before continuing. "She . .  .collapsed earlier in the afternoon. didn't she? Is she alright?"

"That Baka. . . " Aya muttered softly under her breath. "Ai-chan, she had ran away from her ward during the shift changes, without anyone noticing her departure. Baka." Aya scolded naturally.

"Eh- she - wouldn't she be -"

"That, I really don't know, Niigaki-san. I'm worried as well." Aya finished quietly while settling quietly beside Risa. 'Where on earth are you right now, Ai-chan?' Aya sighed worriedly and brushed away that thoughts. What she could do now, was only to pray that the strong headed stubborn friend of hers will be fine and safe. "Niigaki-san. . . "

"Hmmm?" Risa looked up from her fingers and at Aya.

"I heard from Kon-chan that you are a senior inspector in FID in MPD." Aya started off.

"Hai." Risa noted almost silently. "What about that?"

"Ai-chan told me that she's a colleague of yours. . . She's with the PD as well?"

"Not quite actually." Risa answered causing Aya to tilt her head queerly at Risa. "Tha- She's with the Investigation Labs."

Aya chuckled softly. "Ai-chan is just so Ai-chan. . .Forensics . . . She had never gave up, didn't she?"

"Eh?" It was Risa's turn to be confused this time round. "What do you- " Before Risa could finish her sentence, a rushed footsteps pacing down the quiet hallway had caused both women to look up from the conversation. 

"Gaki-san!" Eri called out quietly as she brisked down the hallway.

"You have a friend with you. I will make my move back to my office, Niigaki-san. Excuse me." Aya stood up politely and bowed slightly to Risa, then Eri. With that, Aya had left the two quietly.

"Gaki-san are you alright?" Eri rushed over to Risa and settled down at where Aya had sat previously.

Risa nodded her head in assurance.

"You had absolutely scared me to death when you called just now. The way you had cried in the phone, I thought . . ." Eri trailed off as she glanced into the small PICU room, watching the petite sized little girl lying on the bed, oxygen tubing attached to her nose, intravenous needles concentrated at the right hand.

"I almost did. . . " Risa whispered softly, causing Eri's attention to be return back to herself. "Being alone just made it worse. . . I don't know who I can call . . . . . Sorry to have to trouble you, Kame." Risa continued almost inaudibly.

"There's no need for such, Gaki-san. How long have we known each other?"Eri asked rhetorically.  "Haru-chan is all right for now, right?"

"She will."

Eri patted Risa on her shoulder encouragingly and rested her hand on Risa's shoulder. "Haru-chan is a strong little one. That's what you had always say. She's going to be alright, trust me. Have faith with the will Haru-chan's is carrying." Eri encouraged.

"Uh." Risa mumbled softly as she nodded her head.

"You looked tired. You should return back home and have a good rest. When was the last time you had return home to rest, Gaki-san?" Eri continued concerning.

"I'm okay. Haru-chan is going to wake up at anytime from now. . . I want to stay here with her. . . " Risa replied stubbornly.

"Being stubborn as usual." Eri should her head in disagreement. She sighed deeply and stood up from the seat, stopping before the glass window that separates the room from the patient ward. Eri stared at the unconscious figure lying in the ward. 'She's really Takahashi-san's child. . . Why did she do that? Takahashi-san does not look like a person who would do such cruel stuffs. Right, she's always harsh in her words, about the surroundings, towards Gaki-san. But . . . the ability of her being able to read the situation, caring for people in her own way tells me that she's not a person who had abandoned a barely hours old infant. Why? '

"Ne, Kame." Risa called out.

"Hmmm?" Eri responded and turned around, leaning her back slightly against the glass window.

"About. . . that thing . . . " Risa trailed off quietly. Maybe I should . . . start referring her by her name? that thing . . . it's mean to be labelling someone as a thing. . . especially someone who had experienced something so horrible in her life. . . And I  . . .

"Takahashi-san?" Eri raised her tone slightly in interest. "What about Takahashi-san?" 

"Yoshizawa-senpai had just passed me a sexual assault case from 8 years ago and . . . . " Risa stopped explaining. She could not find the right words to express her own self. Her guilt of impulsiveness. Her guilt of insensitiveness.

"And?"

"And . . . " Risa trailed off and kept quiet again.

"Don't tell me . . . Takahashi-san - "

"Hai." Risa cut off Eri's sentence. "She - she was the victim of the case, and . . . ."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ai kept her eyes closed tight, trying to get herself to fall asleep, but had ultimately failed to the very end. The primary trial is on in two days time . . . Probably that would be the day where my career ends. How long would I be sentence to, I wonder. . .

"Are you Takahashi Ai-san?" A sharp voice from below echoed loudly in the room of team 5 the moment Ai staggered her way into the police office. The reason for her in leaving the hospital at her own discretion was this - she has to report to the department in charge for a statement recording and preparation for the court appearance.

"Hai." Ai croaked softly as she nodded her head almost unnoticeably.

The inspector in charge was a women who was barely taller than the height of 145 cm. She guided Ai into the interview room and settled her in. "Takahashi Ai-san, I am Yaguchi Mari, the inspector in charge of your case. About the case of infant abandonment at the back alley of high street, I have a few questions to ask you. Can you please re narrate the situation 7 years ago? 

' Let this be a end. If this, could helps with this guilt I had felt these 7 years. . . Let the predicament come on . . ' Ai thought quietly in her mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eri had her eyes wide opened at Risa after Risa had finished recollecting the situation to Eri. "What can we do now? I mean . . . It's my fault that she's even . . . "

"I don't know. . . " Eri replied quietly.

"She had even escape away from the hospital just to get away from my offer to help her. .  ."

"Eh, wait. You mean Takahashi-san was admitted in this hospital? But I had actually met her in MPD office just now and had sent her home because . . . So that's why . . . "

"Huh?"

"I think I know what is Takahashi-san doing at the MPD office. " Eri came in conclusion.

"Hmmm?"

"I think team 5 is in charge of this case."

"Team 5?" Risa raised half a key in her tone. "Isn’t that where Yaguchi-senpai is in charge in? " Eri nodded her head in response to Risa. "If that's the case. . .  Maybe I can talk to Yaguchi-senpai about it. . . "

"You should, Gaki-san." Eri affirmed.

"Thank you Kame! You are such a saviour! " Risa jumped up from her seat and hugged Eri excitedly, resting her head on the taller girl's shoulder. She had finally figured out what she could do to help. It was until moments later then she had realised what she was doing. She pulled away from Eri and took a step back. "I'm sorry. . . I didn't mean to do that, and - "

"You don't have to apologise. It's just a normal hug between friends." Eri forced a  smile on her face.

The awkwardness stayed present between them for a long moments. It was only until Aya, who had came down from her office, where the silence of awkward was broken.

"Matsuura-sensei, what are you doing here?" Risa asked as she watched Aya sanitising her hand with the bottle of sanitiser placed outside the room and slide the door open.

"Haru-chan had regain her conscious." Aya replied hurriedly and entered the ward, sliding the door close after her.

"I'll make my move now, since Haru-chan is up, Gaki-san." Eri cleared her throat softly and spoke. "I will see you around the CILs then . . . Bye. .  ." With that, Eri turned away to leave, only to be stopped by Risa again.

"Kame." Risa called out. "I know. . . no matter how many 'thank you' that I had said to you, it will never be enough. . . But . . .thank you for coming down to accompany me . . . "

"You are welcome, Gaki-san. That's what friends are for, aren't that so?" Eri reassured with her back still facing Risa.

"Niigaki-san, Haru-chan is calling for you." Aya stuck her head out of the ward and call out.

"See, Haru-chan is calling for you, Gaki-san. I will see you around again."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Yaguchi-senpai!" Risa ran into the working space of team 5 the first thing in the morning without looking the way she was going, resulting the collision with the short senpai she wanted to talk to.

"Gaki-san, watch where you are going!" Mari reprimanded while standing up from the impact of the collision. "What are you doing at team 5 office? Looking for me?" Mari continued ranting.

"Are you in in-charge of Takahashi Ai's case?" Risa asked hurriedly, not allowing herself to catch her breath, nor answering the questions Mari raised for her.

"Takahashi Ai. . . What do you want to know?" Mari reverted back to her professional mode and away from her motherly figure to Risa. "I'm not allowed to tell you anything. . "

"I know what's about her. She's Haru-chan's Mama." Risa said unexpectedly. "I have something to talk to you about."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ai hid herself at the corner of the window and peeked into the room, only to find Haru waving her free hand at Ai, signalling Ai to enter the room. And Ai did.

"Haru saw Nee chan, Pretty Onee-chan don't have to hide."  That was the first sentence Haru said to Ai the moment Ai entered the ward. "Why is it that pretty nee-chan had to hide herself when she visits Haru?" Haru asked cutely as Ai settled down quietly beside the bed.

Ai had pressed her lips together, unable to come up with a answer to the tricky question the 7 year old had asked. "You face colour looks really fresh." Was all Ai had said to the young girl. I'm glad that you are all fine now . . .

"Haru wants to get well soon, so Haru must keep an positive attitude." Haru replied childishly. "That's what Mama had told me. Haru had promise Mama that Haru will never leave Mama. . . So Haru must get well soon. . . "

Ai forced the smile that was on the tip of her lips away as she nodded her head lightly and the cute actions of the younger girl.

"Why is it that pretty nee-chan likes to hide her smile. Haru likes nee-chan's smile. Pretty nee-chan should smile more. " Haru pouted as she saw the actions of Ai. The pouted lips of Haru cause Ai's mood to be lifted up for a moment, forgetting the pain on her arm and worries in her mind, and had really smile for once the first time in 8 years. "That's right!" Haru giggled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Risa sat awkwardly at the waiting area of the private clinic, where she waited patiently for her turn to visit the doctor she had in her mind. 'I wonder what are the reasons for these people to visit this doctor. . . ' Risa thought curiously in her mind. She pulled apart her backpack, checking the documents she would need for one last time before zipping up the bag again. She had decided to pay a visit to Tanaka Juncho, as part of her investigation. 'He's surely one popular doctor. . . and I wonder why. . . for that he had did such beastly action, I don't think he would be a good doctor in any way. . . ' Risa continued in her mind.

'She had really held her faith on justice. . . . Yet the system had failed her once and once again. . . . Had she gave up on seeking the truth and justice for herself?' Risa wondered in her mind. 'No! I can't let that to happen . . .I can't . . . to say about suffering.  . . I guessed she's the one who had suffered the most in all these years. . .  Haru-chan . . . she knew nothing of as such. . . she knew nothing of such sufferings. She had me .  . she had someone to rely on. . . .But it's different for her.  .. it . . '

"Niigaki-san!" Before Risa could further allow her mind to take in her conscious, a familiar high pitched voice broke her chains of thoughts.

Risa looked up from her fingers, only to catch Reina settling comfortably in beside her. "Tanaka-san?"

"What are you doing over here?" Reina asked curiously.

"What else can I be doing in a clinic, Tanaka-san? I'm visiting a doctor." Risa replied gracefully, knowing that Reina was the younger sister of the 'doctor' she had in her mind.

"Stressed about work?" Reina guessed. "That's the reason for majority of the people here to visit a physiatrist. The kind of competition and the workplace, for the economy, for the family, often drives people up the wall, isn't that so?" Reina reasoned.

"I guessed so." Risa replied shortly with a smile. She was unsure of what she should say or respond. That explained the short replies she had been giving Reina. "What is Tanaka-san visiting this clinic for as well? For the same reason?" Risa returned the question, hoping that that would reduce the limelight Reina had on her. She did not want to reveal her purpose of visit to the younger girl before her. Not after knowing the fact that she was the younger sister of Tanaka Juncho.

Reina shook her head gently at the question. "My elder brother is the owner of this clinic. I'm here for him to check on the stitches and healing of the wounds. Even though he's a physiatrist, he had finished the MD degree. So I guessed, he should be experienced enough to do the checking as well. It's quite a hassle for me to return to the hospital just to have the wound checked." Reina explained.

"Ah . . .so that's the case. . . "

"So, how's Haru-chan? Is she recovering well?"

"She's recovering well. " Risa replied with a smile. "Thank you for concerning about her, Tanaka-san. Thank you for giving her a chance to live again." Risa thanked honestly from the bottom of her heart. Though she was the younger sister of the bastard Risa deemed in her mind, Reina was too the saviour of her daughter, or rather, her adopted daughter. That was something that could not be erased off from Risa's mind. 

"Tanaka-sama, it's your turn." A nurse came beside to Reina and helped her up from the chair. Reina took a step forward before turning back to face Risa again. "I'm sorry for your lost, Niigaki-san."

Risa remained seated at where she was for the next half an hour, until her name was finally called. 'Finally. . . the moment of confrontation is here. . . ' Risa knocked against the door as an action of courtesy before the entry into the consultation room.

"Good afternoon, Niigaki-san." Came the polite greeting. "Have a seat, Niigaki-san."

'He sounded polite. . . What a wolf in a sheep dressing. . .
' Risa insulted in her mind. Risa closed herself to the desk and sat on the patient chair.

"I see. . . What is your reason for consultation? Are you feeling a little be tight up in the mind? Or? The paper had stated no reason for your consultation, Niigaki-san." Juncho spoke up.

"I'm not here for consultation, Tanaka-san." Risa blurted out curtly. 'Woah . . . I never knew I could speak in the same attitude like her . . . '

"Not here for consultation?" Juncho repeated.

Risa reached into her blazer and fished out her identification pass. "I am FID senior police inspector, Niigaki Risa. There are some questions about a sexual assault case 8 years ago that I would like to hear from you, Tanaka-san." Risa introduced herself and continued.

"Ah . . .that case . . .Wasn't it already close as there were evidence to proof my innocence?" Juncho asked as he feigned innocently.

"Well. . . there are new improvements to the case. Therefore, we are revisiting all the past witness to retake their statements, Tanaka-san." Risa explained. "So, Tanaka-san, can you briefly explain the situation 8 years ago?"

"Like I had said, it was the annual summer party for Keio Medical School students. We were all gathered at the bar down that street. I was present in the bar right when the party start until it had ended as I was one of the organisers. But I had not seen Takahashi-san that night. She wasn't present at the party at all. She's a weird person. She doesn't like alcohol and rejected the idea about partying and stuffs. There's no reason for her to be. All of us knew about it. Even her best friend knew about that as well. There are a couple of my colleagues now can be my alibis that I was at the venue all the while. There's no way, like Takahashi-san had claimed, that I had sexually assaulted her."

"So . . . if I would like to take a sample of DNA from you to prove your innocence, would you agree to do it, Tanaka-san?" Risa continued asking.

"I don't see a need for that! I am definitely innocent. Do you have a warrant for it? If not, I won't agree to give a sample of DNA to the police. And as how I see this case is going, I don't think I can further answer anymore of your questions until I had got my lawyer, Niigaki-san. I'm busy at this moment. I have queues of patient waiting out for their consultation with me, Niigaki-san. Please exit right now."

"Sure, Tanaka-san. I'm sure we will meet some day again." Risa challenged as she stood up from the chair and exited the consultation room. When she did, she returned back to the same seat she had sat in the waiting and began to observe her surroundings. 'She looks familiar to me . . . ' Risa realised as a lady brushed past her. 'The rape victim from district 16! She visits here ? Could it be? ' Risa realised a possible connection between the number of rape cases that were transferred to the FID. 'There are similarities to the couple of cases. . . The victims had all lost their conscious . . . which is same as . . . her as well. . . if all the victims visit this same physiatrist over here. . . it could mean that . . . '  Risa shot up from the seat as she pulled out her mobile phone from her pants pocket. She ran her fingers through the buttons and dialled a familiar number.

Before Risa could press the 'call' button, a white cloth attacked her from her back, covering her nose and mouth, stopping Risa from moving.  Risa dropped her phone, causing the disassembling of the mobile as the white flip phone hits the concrete ground. She struggled against her attacker as she lowered her right hand with her car key to the side of the door and her left hand, grabbing tightly on her attackers arm. Though her effort, she had lost the struggle - to the larger physique of her attacker and the chemicals present on the white cloth. Within moments, Risa had lost her conscious.

@ alwaysYou : Why am i receiving such treatments from you over here as well. *hides away from your glare* hahahahah

@ Kikk4r : Ai inflammation of her wounds because of standing in the rain for long hours and the lack of food, causing slight low blood sugar level :) hehehe Thank you for loving the chapter!! hehehe

@ kano-chan : I wonder . . . whether eri will fall in love with Sayu over here. . .i wonder. . .HAHAHAHA.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 02:07:42 PM by caiyunki »

Offline Kikk4r

• Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . C #15 ] 22 September 2011
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2011, 09:20:16 PM »
OMG it`s been a long time since you updated last and btw i think i new what you tolde me from before i just needed to check :P

So Haru is going to live *prays*

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2011, 06:48:08 AM »
I wonder how Haru is going to react, accept, and cope with the fact that Ai-chan is her real mother. :roll: Same goes for TakaGaki dating. :D

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #143 on: October 06, 2011, 03:26:23 PM »

.  [ # C16 ]

"Ne, Nee-chan, how did you met Mama?" Haru asked innocently, with a weak smile plastered on her face, determined to show everyone around her that she was absolutely fine and doing well from the previous complications she had met.

"Why do you want to know?" Ai asked in her usual tone, not knowing how to hush down her tone after portraying herself as the cool, emotionless self for the past 8 years.

"Haru wants to know more about Mama. Haru wants to know who's always around Mama." Haru beamed and winced at the same time, as the stitches on her abdomen twitched in pain.

"You alright?" Ai concerned, still in her usual tone. "I should leave soon so that you can get your rest." Ai concluded as she pushed the chair slightly backwards.

"Hmmm." Haru nodded her head stubbornly. "No, don't leave!" Haru bit her lower lips. "Haru. . . don't like to be alone now. . . I . . . "

"Alright. . . " Ai gave up, pulling the chair back closer to the bed, which had led to the return of the smile on Haru's face.

"Haru had heard a few things about Nee-chan from Mama." Haru continued with a smile, causing Ai to tilt her had in curiosity. "Mama had mentioned something like 'Trouble' and 'Something who likes to pop up in my daily life and ruin it.' when Haru had asked her about Nee-chan." Haru pouted. Ai chuckled for the first time at the sentence, causing Haru to direct her 100% attention to Ai. "What does all that meant, Nee-chan?" Haru asked childishly.

"I - " Ai was interrupted by the vibration of her phone even before she was able to reply Haru. "She pulled her mobile phone out from her handbag that was rested on her lap and glanced questionably at the caller identity. ' Reina-san?' Ai wondered in her mind. "Sorry, I will be out to answer the call. Will be back soon." Ai informed promptly as she stood up from the chair immediately, causing the chair to drag backwards for a few centimetres and exited the ward.

"Hai." Ai was in such a hurry, that she had missed the single response from Haru.

Haru glanced out from the room and watched  Ai from the small window. Though her vision was slightly impaired from the tiredness and medications she was taking, she could observed the change of Ai's facial expression from her position in the bed. Ai's eyes was widely opened the moment she placed the receiver towards her left ear and had hung the call immediately, rushing towards the direction of lift lobby, totally forgetting about the statement she had made to Haru just moments ago.

"Did something happened?" Haru asked to herself quietly as she sunk into silence and deep thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You are just way too nosey, dear Senior Inspector." Juncho grunted as he threw Risa onto the dirty white covers of the bed in the abandoned room and began to work his way through the buttons of Risa's blouse. "This should teach you a lesson." He continued, pulling the clothing away, revealing Risa's bare and smooth shoulders. Before he could continue removing the bra straps over that flawless shoulder, a loud sounding ringtone echoed from the pockets of his pants, causing him to pull his hands away from Risa. Juncho reached that hand into his pants and pulled out the latest model of the smart phone, bringing it to his ears in irritation.

"What's up Reina!" Juncho grunted.

"Onii-sama, I know what you are doing. You had abducted Niigaki-san, didn't you?" Reina replied offensively. "I saw that from the clinic."

"Stop poking your nose into my business, Reina. How did you even know her? Did she interviewed you about the incident from 8 years ago?"

"That's none of your business to know as well, Onii-sama." Reina refuted.

Juncho ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Then why are you poking yours in my business. I have not got back to you about the issue on the liver transplantation, Reina. By doing that, are you trying to tell the whole world that I had rape Takahashi 8 years ago?!" Juncho shouted into the phone.

"But isn't that the truth, and what, I know you are going to do the same thing right now as well, aren't you, Onii-sama?" Reina challenged.

"So what, are you going to go to the police and report against me, my dear beloved sister?" Juncho taunted, followed by a series of broken laughter.

"I did not called for the police. But I had called for someone else. She's on her way over there already. Onii-sama, please leave as soon as possible. I had too told Hayashi-san to prepare the private jet to bring you out of Tokyo for the moment. Please. Stop whatever you are trying to do." Reina pleaded across the phone, with as toned down voice. ' I don't want to see Papa Mama disappointed expression ever again. To them, Nii-sama is everything, of their pride and glory. Sorry for being such a selfish being, Niigaki-san. . . And . . . .Takahashi-san. It's my mission, to protect Papa Mama from being further traumatised by Nii-sama anymore. Forgive me please for my selfishness. . . ' Reina thought silently in her mind as she bit her lips, enduring the tears of guilt that were brimming at the edge of her eyelid.

"You are going to get it from me one day, Reina." With that, Juncho hit the red button and threw his phone across the room towards the furthest wall. "She irks me." Came the final comment from Juncho. He tracked his way towards his bag and pulled out a syringe. "You had knew too much, Senior Inspector." Juncho positioned the needle at Risa's abdomen and stabbed it into the flesh, ejecting the substances into Risa's circulation as he pushed the plunger down.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'It's here. . .' Ai reflected silently in her mind as she stood by her car and glanced up the old abandoned building. 'I never thought I will come back over here again.. . ever again. . .' Ai continued. But Reina-san had said that that bastard had got that brat. . . If there's something I can do, I will want to stop any of such thing from happening again. . . Ai, you have to do it.

Ai took a breath of courage and took a step away from her car, and a step nearer towards the said building. As she glanced up the badly illuminated stairway, haunting memories began to fill up her mind.

"Where . . . where are you. . . you  bringing . . . me . . .to? " The weak pleading from her younger years echoed in her mind causing Ai's leg to tremble in fear. 'You better be safe, Brat. '

As Ai made her way slowly up the stairway, a wave of fear washed within herself. As she reached the level, the ajar door increased the terrible feeling she felt in herself. Gently and carefully, Ai pushed the ajar door wide open, glancing her surrounding, checking whether if Juncho was present in the room as well. To her relief, Ai was glad that there was no presence of an opposite sex in the room. After deeming the room to be safe, Ai rushed towards the bed, only to see Risa, lying half nakedly on the dirty white covers, with her blouse dangled at the wrist.

"Oi, Brat!" Ai called out as she shook Risa by her shoulder roughly, checking for consciences of the said girl. She lifted Risa's closed lids, and felt her fingers by the side of Risa's neck for her pulse. 'That's crazy!' Ai was shocked by the arrhythmic of Risa's heartbeat. Her eyes caught the miniature blood spot by Risa's abdomen. 'She's being injected with something. I got to bring her to the hospital fast.'

With that, Ai pulled the blouse back to its position, covering Risa's exposed body and buttoned her up properly before pulling her limped body across her own shoulder. As she shoulder Risa's weight on her shoulder, Ai stumbled, totally forgotten about her weak physical state from the inflammation of her wounds. Though that, Ai bit on her lips stubbornly and took a step forward, refused to allow herself from collapsing from the sudden weights. 'You holds an irreplaceable position is that girls heart. So, stay alive.'

-------------------------------------------------------------------

A really short chapter this time round. so yupps! Want to reassure everyone that i'm still writing for this, so! maybe the week end or next week end, i will have something longer up. so :) Till then!!

Thanks for commenting anyway ^.^

Offline EriKan

• gakipon! <3
  • it's `Riz
Re: SEARCH [ . C #16 ] 07 October 2011
« Reply #144 on: October 06, 2011, 04:17:45 PM »
first comment on your fanfic..

and yes i'm a lurker  :lol:

i've read all of your fanfics too and it's really great.. a takagaki fan here  :wub:  <<--

even though you can't often see me here commenting, i'm just reading.. always..

thanks for the great fics so keep it coming!  :twothumbs  :yossi:

Offline Tchips

• Moshi moshi Kame yo. Kame-san yo.
« Reply #145 on: October 07, 2011, 12:31:39 AM »
You managed to out another lurker! You're really good at that cayunki :nervous

Just posting so you know that I'm still reading everything you write, I just don't really have time to comment...
And don't you dare save Haru-chan to kill Gaki!!!! :banghead:

Breaking them is a crime!

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #146 on: October 07, 2011, 12:57:03 AM »
When you saved Haru, I realized that you had changed the previous timeline drastically. A sense of foreboding fell over me, "What if," I said to myself, "Instead of Haru dying and the events coming together so that Risa was saved, what if no one is there to rescue Risa?" And while I'm glad that Ai did find the bean, will she have been too late? Will Reina have doomed Risa instead of helping her by saving her brother instead of calling the police like she should have? What exactly was Risa injected with? Will you kill Risa off and forgo Takagaki completely by focusing on Ai's relationship with her daughter? I hope you let Gaki live... But the drama will be greater if you didn't...

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #147 on: October 07, 2011, 01:47:28 AM »
 :panic: Be safe, be safe!  :panic: That %$*#@** must die! :angry:

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #148 on: October 14, 2011, 04:16:29 PM »
[# C17]

Ai strapped Risa safely onto the passenger seat in a recovery position, with her front facing the driver's seat, allowing Ai herself to be able to check on the conditions of Risa during the ride to the hospital. As she ensured that Risa was secured motionlessly on the passenger seat, Ai slammed the door close. As she tracked over towards the driver's seat by the front of the car, she felt a strong vibration on her thigh. Ai pulled out her mobile phone and stared at the screen, not stopping in her footwork. 'Yaguchi-san' Ai noted silently in her mind. 'There's no time for this'. Ai continued in her mind. Ignoring the call, Ai pulled the driver's door open and stuffed the mobile back into her pants pocket, settling heavily onto the driver's seat. After slamming in the door after herself, Ai started the car, buckled herself and released the handbrake in one single motion before stamping heavily on accelerator pedal.

A chocked cough echoed in the small space, causing Ai to direct her attention to the unconscious girl on her left, only find to find traces of white foam tracing down the corners of Risa's lip down her chin. "Gaki!" Ai called out, reaching her left hand towards Risa's nose to check for her breathing and kept her right firm on the steering wheel. When she felt the weak exhalation through the nostril, Ai moved her fingers down Risa's neck for the detection of any pulse. "This is bad." Ai cursed silently under her breath as she pulled her finger away from Risa and returned her hand back to the steering wheel. Without thinking twice, Ai increased the pressure on the acceleration petal before releasing it and stamped the clutch, switching over to the fifth gear, as she began to speed down the fast lane of the street, totally ignoring the ongoing vibration she felt on her thigh once again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on, Takahashi-san, Pick up the phone!" Mari mumbled repeatedly into the receiver of her mobile phone as she paced along sidewalk outside the courthouse. As the ringing tone went to the dead tone once again, Mari cursed lightly. "This is the fifth time!"

"Yaguchi-san." The court manager came over to Mari, hovering over the petite girl who is very much vertically challenged. "Where is Takahashi-san? She's due in for the next case."

"You should be able to see that I'm trying my very hard to get her as well, don't you?" Mari snapped angrily, still not getting over the fact that Ai was not there. The miss for the court hearing, will implicate things more trickily, especially with the fact that she had promised Risa to tail the hearing as long as possible, knowing that the latter was trying her best to get more evidence and information on Ai's case of sexual assault.

Mari pressed the green button again, bring the phone back to her ears as she waited impatiently for a pick up on the other end of the call. Unfortunately, nothing of as such had happened, bringing a deep frown on Mari's forehead. "Where are you?!" Mari grunted heavily.

Ai stumbled through the emergency gates, falling onto her knees while the unconscious Risa stumbled off her back.

"Miss, are you alright?" The nurse at the counter station rushed forward to Ai, kneeling down beside her as she checked the conditions of the unconscious girl.

"I'm alright. She's not." Ai replied curtly, while trying to regain her breath. "Suspected case of poisoning. Presence of white vomit. Point of entry." Ai explained simplistically as she pulled Risa's blouse up gently, revealing the barely 1mm needle mark.

"Alright, we will take over here." The nurse replied hurriedly and called out for assistance, where the stretcher was brought out, transferring Risa onto the bed and behind the curtains for emergency resuscitation. The, yet again, vibration of her mobile phone brought Ai into her irritation. She pulled the mobile phone roughly out of her pocket and answered it without checking the screen for the identity of the incoming call.

"Hi Takahashi-san." The words of scolding was stuck at her throat as the person on the other side of the line spoke.

"SIO Yaguchi Mari reporting over here." Mari stood at the witness stand and introduced herself before the judge. "Sorry Your Honour, We have an in absence for the case number 580293, the case regarding the abandonment of minor dated 7 years back, 2nd April 2004. "

"Miss." A soft tap on Ai's shoulder brought Ai out of her daze, her thoughts about the call she had received moments ago. Ai looked up and saw the same nurse, accompanied with a slightly older woman beside her. Ai stared at the slightly older women in astonishment. 'Goto-senpai?'

"Goto-sensei, this is the lady who had brought the patient in." The nurse informed quietly and left the two to be alone immediately after sensing the quiet staring between the two women.

Maki nodded her head lightly in acknowledgement, with her vision never leaving Ai. "Takahashi. . . " Maki mumbled softly.

"Goto-senpai." Ai returned the greeting as she broke the eye contact, looking away from Maki's eyes and to the ground in an awkward manner. Up till this day, Ai still felt uncomfortable meeting acquaintances from back in the days.

"It's been some time, Takahashi." Came the simple sentence from Maki.

Ai nodded her head lightly.

"Where have you been?"

"Is this really what we should talk about now, Goto-sensei." Came the crude and harsh reply from Ai. "How's that Gaki."

Maki looked away in slight shame, slightly forgetting the main affairs she was about to talk to the person who had brought Risa in. "That was what I had wanted to speak to you." Maki straighten herself up and spoke. " We had sent her blood sample to the haematology department to trace back the source of poisoning. We have placed her for on assisted ventilation and drip to cope with the symptoms before the result is out. I have called in the district police in for this case.  Since you are the person who had brought her in, I guess the police will want to speak to you about this case."

"Are you Goto-sensei?" A young promising male, dressed in police PC uniform, came over to the pair and asked.

"Hai. This is the Takahashi Ai, the one who brought the patient in."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Matsuura-sensei!" Haru called out softly to Aya who was standing at the end of the bed, holding onto the board with Haru's medical record, writing the conditions of Haru on the record sheets.

"Yes, Haru-chan?" Aya replied, without looking up from the notes.

"Will Haru be okay?" Haru asked timidly, causing Aya to look up from the papers in surprise.

"Of course!" Aya picked herself up, and returned the smile back onto her face as she leaned her elbow on the stand, chancing closer to Haru, who was seated upright on the bed. "Haru-chan is doing great right now. Looking at the conditions, Haru-chan can get out this ward and join many other little children in the common ward already."

"Really?" Haru spoke in a slightly a higher tone, showing her excitement about getting out of the PICU. She was getting a little bored and lonely, after staying in the ward alone for the past 2 days. Little girl had wished for more accompany.

"Yupps." Aya replied as she took a few steps closer to the side of the bed and ruffled Haru's hair playfully.

"Yatta!" Haru jumped a little, only find herself wincing slightly as she pulled the stitch slightly.

"But you mustn't get too excited or do something that will cause the wound over that to swell, do you know that?" Aya continued as she watch the little girl carelessly gotten herself some intense pain when jumping on the bed.

Haru nodded her head in anticipation. Though in slight pain, she had never allow herself to show it on her face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was around the knock off time when Hitomi had walked into the common working place. "Have you seen Gaki-san today?" Hitomi turned around and asked Makoto, when she realised the girl she was looking for was not in the room.

"Not really." Makoto answered as she brought the top of her pen to her lip, trying to remember the last time she saw Risa. "The last time I saw her was yesterday evening, where she came back hurriedly and begin to type a report. She didn't tell me what she was doing though."

"I see. . ." Hitomi trailed off. "When Gaki-san's back, call her to my office. I have something to talk to her about." Hitomi informed before tracing her steps out of the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Takahashi-san, do you know the patient, Niigaki Risa?" The police officer questioned, with the pen rested on the book he was holding in his hand.

"Yes." Came the short reply from Ai.

"Where did you knew Niigaki-san from?" The questioning continued, with Ai interlocking her fingers tightly, seemingly to be troubled about some stuffs as she answered the questions posted for her.

"We were colleagues from the MPD."

"Where about had you found Niigaki-san? Was she conscious at that point of time? Have you seen anyone suspicious around the area you had found Niigaki-san?"

Ai bit her lips nervously, contemplating on how she should answer the questions. It seemed like something was bothering her. Just at this moment, her phone rang again. Ai sneaked a view on the screen. "Sorry is it alright that I answer this call? It's an important call." Ai requested as she looked up at the police officer.

"Sure." The police officer gave a green sign.

Ai pressed the answer key and brought the phone to her ears.

"Takahashi-san! You had finally decided to pick up this damn phone!" Came the loud voice belonging to the relatively petite sized lady. "Had you forgotten that you are scheduled for a preliminary hearing of the case?" Came more ranting from Mari. "The court had wanted to make a default judgement for the hearing because of you absence! Why are you so silly? Gaki-san had told me about your case previously! There are a lot of things that we could do to keep that away, such that you will still be able to keep your license as a forensic scientist practitioner. But now . . ." Mari kept going, oblivious to the fact that Ai was not even listening to the contents of her rants at Ai's side.

"So just what was the final verdict?" Came Ai's only sentence, interrupting Mari's everlasting ranting about Ai's absence in the day's court appearance.

"We had managed to lodge an appeal for it. And I NEED you to get yourself down right now!" Came the main intention for Mari's call to Ai.

"I'll be there." Came Ai's simple sentence. After Ai hung up the call, She turned and look back at the police officer. "Can I give my statement to you at a later date. I have an legal appointment to go to."

"But-" Before the police officer can stopped Ai from leaving, Ai had interrupted him.

"Call the FID."

"Is this such an serious case?" The police officer pondered out loudly.

"That girl lying in there right now is their colleague." With that, Ai strode out of the A&E area back to where her car was. As she sat in her vehicle, the occupational habits as a forensic scientist came to her naturally. She had sat over here before. She would have came into contact with that bastard previously as well. Don't wash the car. In case. . . Just in case. .  .But Reina-san's request . . . ' Ai thought in her mind.

"MPD, FID, who are you looking for?" Makoto introduced her department swiftly the moment she picked up the call.

"Is there a police officer known as Niigaki Risa working over there ?"

"Yah, but she's not an police officer. She's a SIO, for your information. May I know who are you? She's currently not in the office."

"Ah, so what she said was true."

"Huh?" Makoto 'huh-ed' into the receiver, not getting the previous sentence the caller made. "

"Oh, Niigaki-san is currently admitted in Keio University Hospital for a suspected drug poisoning incident."

"WHAT?!" Came the shock scream into the receiver by Makoto.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Takahashi-san, what was your reason for no appearance today?" Mari asked the moment Ai settled down before her at the café the two had arranged to meet at.

"For some reasons." Ai replied ambiguously as she placed her handbag on her lap and looked seriously into Mari's eyes.

"What reasons? "

"Personal reasons."

That sentence left Mari speechless. Sensing that it would be like forcing a bull's face into the water trying to make Ai speak, Mari had decided to push that topic away. "I heard from Gaki-san last morning about your case. The rape case." 

"Why did she tell you that."

"She wanted to help you, can't you see that? With the rape case in hand, and maybe a report from a psychologist on human reactions, it can help you with your case, Takahashi-san." Came Mari's exasperated reply. "Don't you want to continue to be a forensic scientist?"

"Not really . . ." Ai lied.

'Where's Mama?' Haru thought emotionally in her mind as fixed her dark orbs at the ceiling of the PICU. 'Haru haven't seen Mama since the night Haru had woken up from the second operation. . . Where is Mama. . . Haru missed Mama. . . '  Haru thought sadly in her mind as she tighten her clutch on the corners of the brightly coloured blankets over her small body.  'Pretty Onee-chan as well ..  .she said she would stay with Haru . .. but she had left without telling Haru anything. . . ' Haru pouted sadly as she remembered the scene from slightly in the day. 'Haru don't like to be alone now . ..'

"Whether or not you do want to continue your profession as a forensic scientist, I had promised my beloved kouhai that I will help you with all the means I have. Whether you like it or not. So, I will make sure that I can see you 24/7 until the next hearing, before you decides to put me off again. " Mari came into a conclusion.

"I -"

"If you are not used in living in other's apartment, I will go to yours then. The next hearing is in three days time. It won't make any difference anyway."

"It was said that Niigaki-san was injected with an overdose of GHB/GBI, that had lead to her unconscious. The doctor had administered the required treatment for her, but she is still in a coma. " The nurse on duty informed Hitomi, who was at the nurse station asking for Risa's condition. 

"Yoshizawa-senpai!" Makoto called out from the other end of the corridor. Hitomi went over, where Makoto passed over the notebook of the police officer to Hitomi. "It's says Takahashi Ai over here. Is this the Takahashi Ai that we knew from CIL?" Makoto enquired.

"Takahashi Ai?" The name caught Hitomi's attention, which had caused Hitomi to continue reading it. 'I thought she had went missing. After being put off duty in CIL, no one knew the exact location where Takahashi-san was. Why was she with Gaki-san? ' Hitomi turned her attention to the police officer. "Where did this Takahashi Ai went?"

"She told me that she has an legal appointment to go to and asked me to inform the FID about Niigaki-san. About her exact location, I'm sorry that I know nothing about it."

Gaki-san . . . Hitomi stopped before the glass window and leaned her forearm against the cold glass. What on earth had exactly happened? How did you get yourself in such a situation. And you had met up with Takahashi-san? How? Have you knew her reason for suspension from work?

Hihi! back for another update, since the weekend is here, and too, the promised chapter is here as well. I realised I'm getting a little naggy about details over here. Hopefully after this chapter, I can get away from this drag over here. :) heheh

@ Erikan : HELLO! Thank you for taking your time to comment, though you are always lurking. :) I'm glad that you are enjoying the story :) heheheh.

@ Tchips : HAHAHAHA. I'm not that EVIL =X

@ rndmnwierd : Yupps, i had changed the timeline rather drastically, with some points to note that is Hitomi had nv knew about Ai being a mother, in this new storyline, as the dear Risa had ran out of the office without telling Hitomi anything. That would be a thing to note in mind when reading this arc. :) Well right now, I DO NOT have any intention of killing anyone in this arc (as this arc is to make up for something that I felt that it was real pity) :)

@ kano-chan : hehehe. Safe safe. . .

And now, because of somethingone, I am so tempted to start on the continuation arc before I finish the change arc. =X depending on my writing mood, I may or may not do that. . .so . . heheh :) may do want to keep a little lookout for it too as well :)

de wa,

until the next time then! :)

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . C #17 ] 15 October 2011
« Reply #149 on: October 14, 2011, 07:24:40 PM »
Ah, so Risa is safe, I'm glad. But, even with such little changes, like Yossiee not knowing about Ai and Yaguchi taking over the case, I'm really racking my brain to figure out how this is going to go. Your reply leads me to believe that everything will turn out fine in the end, but it might be even harder to get there now.

Poor Haru is all alone now, I wonder if anyone will think to check up on her? Ah, I don't want to have to wait so long to see the next chapter, hurry up! *is spoiled* :lol:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #150 on: October 16, 2011, 03:34:27 AM »
Mari would really need to prove herself by cracking this case. From the look of things she's putting in a lot of effort. If only Ai would make things easier by not saying things she don't mean. Can't she just admit that she would love to get her job back and clear her name.

Poor Haru all alone in the scary hospital. I wonder if she will find out that mama is not well =(

I never understood why people don't call for the ambulance but choose to send the fallen victim to the hospital themselves. Not everyone knows the recovery position and how not to aggravate the injuries. I guess this makes for better entertainment? I thought Ai would collapse after bringing Risa to the hospital ^^;

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2011, 04:35:38 PM »
[ . # C18 ]

"Nee, Haru-chan, do you want to get down from the bed and join us over at the playroom?"Miuna, a little girl of similar age to Haru, climbed onto the chair situated by Haru's bed and asked.

"Haru would like to. .  .but Matsuura-sensei said that Haru shouldn't be walking around." Haru explained with a pout.

"Matsuura-sensei is just bluffing you. I had an operation last week as well. She didn't tell me that." Miuna continued. " It's really bored staying over here all day. It's more fun over at the playroom." Miuna held onto the small hands of Haru with her equally small ones and gave them a little tug. "Let's go over!"

"But-"

"You don't have to be scared about Matsuura-sensei. . .She's not even scary at all!" Miuna attempted again, trying to get Haru out of her bed.

"Are you talking bad about me behind my back, Miuna-chan?" A third voice, less of an adolescence's character, came into the conversation, causing both Miuna and Haru to jump up in surprise.

Miuna popped down from the tall chair and stood beside Aya. "Nah. Why would I talk bad about you, Matsuura-sensei. You are the best sensei in this ward!" With that, Miuna slipped out of the ward, running away from Aya's questioning stares and back to the playroom she tried to get Haru to.

On the other hand, Haru glanced at the disappearing figure with envy in her black clear orbs. Aya came closer over to Haru's bed and messed up Haru's hair lovingly. "You don't have to be envious about that. You will be off the bed rest tomorrow. Haru-chan will be able to join the rest of the children at the playroom tomorrow as well." Aya comforted.

"Really?" Haru looked into Aya's eyes, with hope and delights covering over the tinge of envy in the orbs.

"Yupps!" Aya rubbed Haru's forehead again, causing Haru to back away a little and shone a honest smile to Aya. That smile, cause a nostalgia feeling to arouse with Aya. 'That looks like the smile Ai-chan has . . . '   However, that genuine smile of Haru did not last. The young girl was whirled into a mood of sadness, and it did not remain unspotted by Aya. "What's wrong?" Aya concerned.

. . .  . . .

Aya waited for a long moment, but gained no response from Haru. Aya sat herself on Haru's bed and snuggled close to her. "What's wrong?" Aya asked again.

"Has Matsuura-sensei seen Mama?"  Haru whispered almost inaudibly.

Now that Haru had asked this question, Aya had finally realised the lack of the presence of Risa for the past few days.  "Maybe your Mama is busy in her work, that's why she hasn't been visiting you much?"

Haru bit her lower lips and she glance up slightly at Aya. Determinedly, she nodded her head in agreement. "Mama's work is always busy." And immediately, the sadness was replaced by a smile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you really have to follow me to where I am going?" Ai turned around and looked down at the shorter women, who was keeping close behind her trails as Ai stepped into the lift that would bring her back to her apartment.

"This is to make sure that you will  not disappear from the court appearance tomorrow again." Mari replied as she crossed her arms. "You work in the legal department. You should know that not everyone has a second chance for a second preliminary hearing to be scheduled. The last thing I want to happen is YOU disappearing again." Mari refuted, not giving in to any single inch to Ai's request for Mari to step a little step back in her agreement set.

As the lift ding at the floor Ai stayed, Ai turned away from Mari, and began to stomp out of the lift. She reached her fingers for her keys and unlocked the door, standing aside to allow entry for Mari.

"You should sleep early today. We won't want to be late for the court." Mari suggested as she passed by Ai into the apartment and towards the living room, where she had slept on the couch for the past two nights.

"Alright." Ai complied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"When  will Gaki-san regain her consciousness? It's been two days." Makoto asked as she sat beside Hitomi, who looked downright troubled. The two were seated by Risa's bedside, with Makoto looking worriedly at the unconscious friend and colleague of hers.

"I don't know. There are so many things that I want to ask her. What had actually happened? Why is it that Takahashi-san was the person who had brought her in? What had happened? Who was the person who had attacked her?" Hitomi ratted out the questions that were bombarding her mind, causing Makoto to be caught unguarded and lost for words.

"I don't know. . . Senpai. . . The doctor mentioned that. . . the levels of the GHB/GBL are way higher than required to knock and kill a person. Who, had such hatred against Gaki-san, such that he or she wants to kill her? And why? I don't remember Gaki-san offending anyone really. . . " Makoto analysed.

'Would it be. . . but . . .how?' Hitomi anticipated in her mind. A light tap on her arm broke Hitomi's thought. "Yes?" Hitomi enquired.

"What are you thinking about, Yoshizawa-senpai? Do you know of anyone who might be the suspect?" Makoto asked curiously.

Hitomi shook her head lightly. "Not really." Glancing over at the watch on her right wrist, Hitomi then realised that it was already 11 past the late night. "Wow, it's getting late. Let me get you back home, there's still more work to be done in the office. . . " Hitomi offered to Makoto while standing up from her seat.

Makoto nodded her head in acknowledgement and stood up from the seat in suit, following after Hitomi who had just exited the ward. Before Makoto exited the ward, she turned around and glanced at Risa for the one last time. 'Wake up soon, Gaki-san. . . Don't leave us hanging so much in this mystery. . . I will make sure that I will get this person who had placed you in this state.'

Little to the two had knew that, not long after they had left the ward, the eyelids of Risa's had began to twitch and her fingers and moved. Moments after, Risa flipped her eyelids open, finding herself lying in a completely dark room. The only illumination in the room was the moonlight that had shone into the room from the uncovered window. 'Where am I ? What had happened to me? '

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ai made her way quietly through the silent hallway and into one of the brightly decorated room, though not very much noticeable due to the lack of illumination of the room. She paced softly, not wanting to awake any of the sleeping beings in the room. She glanced at the name tags that were slot in the metal strips attached to the wall. Her eyes stopped at the familiar name and Ai found herself stopped before the familiar girl. ' So she's fit enough to leave the PICU. I'm glad. . . Ai noted silently in her mind. Ai placed her handbag on the table without making a sound and slide onto the chair, where she sat and watched the sleeping figure.

Haru was sound asleep on her bed, with the blankets pulled up over her shoulders, on the right side of her body, facing directly towards Ai. "Mama. . . don't leave Haru alone . . ." Haru whined quietly in her sleep as she snuggled her face closer into the pillow and clutched the edge of the blanket, pulling it closer to her chest. "Don't leave Haru to be alone. . ." Haru cried again. A tear formed at the edge of the close eyes, and it had slide down the cheeks with no resistance.

Ai felt her numbed, from that one simple sentence. ' Mama . . . Don't leave Haru alone. . . ' The sentence echoed repeatedly in Ai's mind. The crying of a baby, in the dark alley on the night she had left her there had too, echoed in her mind repeatedly. Her heartstrings tugged tightly, just like the way it felt the night back in the days. Ai brought her right hand close to her heart as she felt her chest tightened. 'I'm sorry . . . I'm really sorry . . . I .  . . I had left you to be alone . . . I'm sorry. . . but . . . ' Ai brought her left hand to Haru's face and wiped away that lone tear at her cheeks, without realising that there were some on her own cheeks as well.

Haru flinched at the contact and slurred lightly in the sleep, causing Ai to pull her hand away in surprise. Haru struggled to had her opens. And when she did, she was too surprise to see Ai, sitting beside her on the bed. Haru sat up on the bed. "Onee-chan, why are you crying?"

Risa got up from her bed and went to the PICU, only to find the room Haru had laid previously to be empty. 'Where's Haru?' Risa panicked. Worriedly, she loitered around into the paediatrics' ward like a lost woman, only to find Haru, with a raised arm towards Ai's face, seemingly to be wiping off something from Ai's face. Risa hid slightly behind the walls, eavesdropping to  the quiet conversation between the pair.

"Onee-chan, why are you crying?" Haru asked again as she innocently wipe away the tears on Ai's face. Ai shook her head stubbornly, trying to tell the little girl that there were no particular reasons for her tears. There were just no way Ai could speak to the young girl, especially after what she had heard from her.  "Mama always tell Haru that girls who cry are no longer pretty. . . So Nee-chan shouldn't cry. Haru likes the always pretty Nee-chan. . . " Ai felt her waterworks worsening at those words, causing fresh flow of tears pouring down her cheeks. "Don't cry, Nee-chan. . . ' Haru tried to hoax again.

Haru heard shuffling from the wall behind, causing her to tilt slightly away from Ai and glance at the door. "Mama!" Haru cried out loud as soon as she saw the figure standing by the wall. That was when Risa herself had too realised that she had came out from behind the wall, when she realised that Ai was crying. That was one thing she could not deny. She was afraid of the tears of Ai. This almost ruthless and emotionless creature she had deemed to be, had cried. And it was these tears, together with the ones on the rooftop had made Risa weak.

Haru tried to get off the bed the moment she saw Risa, while Ai grabbed onto the handbag she had placed on the table. "Mama!" Haru ran over to Risa and hugged Risa on her legs. Risa bent down and carried Haru up, where Haru hugged Risa around her neck and snuggled into Risa's shoulder. "Haru missed Mama so much!" Haru cried loud in happiness in Risa's embrace, just as Ai had tried to brush pass them. She was stopped by Risa by the grip on her wrist. Haru turned around and look at Ai. "Nee-chan, you are leaving already? But you had just came?" Haru pouted.

Ai bit on her lips painfully. It was then she had realised, though she had always acted that she never care for her own daughter, just the difference between the addressing were killing her heart at that moment. 'You should have expected this don't you? Since the day you had decided to let her go. . . It's lucky that she had survived that night, what else more can you ask for. . . Remember Ai, you had never wanted her. . . ' Ai tried to self-hypnotise, hoping that it would stop the pain that's tightening within her chest. Instead, more tears was formed.

"Please excuse me." Ai requested in a choked voice as her hands trembled.

"Ah - " Before Risa could say anything, she had lost grip of Ai, who had flicked Risa's fingers away from her own wrist when Risa was flustered at the tears on Ai's face. Haru looked over Risa's shoulder, watching at the fleeting figure of Ai. "Mama?" Haru called out.

"Yes?" Risa turned over to face the quiet hallway where Ai had ran past previously. Haru too had turned around and looked at Risa with a pair of sad eyes. The delight of having to see her mother again was gone. "What happened to pretty Onee-chan? "

Hihi! I nv thought I can get the next chapter done so quickly! heheheh

@ rndmnwierd : By your request, this isn't a long wait, isn't that so? What do you think will happen next then? now that Risa's is finally up :)

@ lil_hamz : heheh. cos putting into context that Ai's a ex medical student, she should know all this emergency procedures and stuffs, and to Ai, there's a reason for her to not to call an ambulance instead. :) heheh

De wa,
Until the next time then ^.^
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:45:50 AM by caiyunki »

Offline alwaysYou

• Aigaki<3 and AiReina<3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Defeated by Aichan..Forever Lovely Aichan..<3
Re: SEARCH [ . C #18 ] 18 October 2011
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2011, 05:10:54 PM »
*pop out*

I feel like slapping Ai..Justcause it's reina request, she letting that bastard off?!
maybe i should slap the writer and ask her why!  XD

skip skip skip

@chp 18
the last part make me sad  :cry:
the fact is hitting Aichan hard huh..
She actually do care about the addressing huh..serve her right.. :lol:
i really wanna know how Haru will react when she know Aichan is her real mum..
How they gonna tell Haru..and can be quite sure Gakisan will be the one saying it, where Aichan might be the one who will stop Gakisan from doing so..
But it will be cool if Haru had a happy family in the end.. :lol:
Wanna see how their relationship grow here..AiGaki as well as AiHaru or maybe Ai*bastard..LOL

you can write the continuation arc ar..sadist you huh..evil.. :P

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
I'm hoping that risa will go after ai. Maybe, I dunno, does she even know her own feelings? What can she do, is the question here. In the other verse, as ive likened your previous version, risa could only realize her feelings after the death of haru forced her and ai closer. Now what, though? I'm curious to see where you'll take this.

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2011, 06:24:58 AM »
Awww~ I love how Ai-chan's tears made Risa weak. :wub: Just another sign that she's falling. :inlove:

This might be strange, but I think I know how Ai-chan feels.  :( :nervous lol... Not like I've been through it or anything. You wrote well. :twothumbs

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2011, 02:58:54 PM »
[ . # C19 ]

"Where have you went last night?" That was the first question Mari asked Ai the moment Ai stepped out of her room, dressed in the formal wear required for the court hearing. Ai, however, ignored Mari's question. Instead, she brushed passed the elf and went into the kitchen, where she began to make herself a cup of coffee for the start of her day. Mari trailed behind Ai into the kitchen, not ceasing the questions she had for Ai. "I checked this morning. Someone had opened and went out of the house last night. So, Where did you go?"

"Does it matters to you where I had went last night?" Instead of answering the question, Ai asked. She took 2 empty cups from the stand and place it before the brewer. " As long as I'm still standing before you right now, does it still matters?"

"That -" Mari was lost for words. Ai poured the pot of freshly brewed coffee into the cups and took one of them, leaving the other standing alone of the countertop. She then made her way to the dining room where she settled herself comfortably at the chair.

"How are you feeling?" Hitomi asked while seated by the bedside. "Can you remember anything? What had happened, Gaki-san? Why were you injected with GHB? Who was the one who did that? " Hitomi continued as she placed the brown folder she held in her possession on the soft mattress and took out a piece of statement paper from it, tapping her pen on the soft surface as she waited impatiently for Risa's response.

"Tanaka Juncho." Risa replied simplistically.

"Tanaka Juncho?" Hitomi repeated. "Isn't he the guy from . . .. "

"Yes. . . " Risa interrupted.

"Why are you . . . "

"I was looking into her case. . . "

"Takahashi-san?"

Risa nodded her head lightly in response. Before Risa could finish recounting her story, Hitomi had interrupted her once again.

"Takahashi-san was with you? How did you managed to find her?"

Risa looked blankly at Hitomi, not understanding fully what Hitomi had meant in her sentence. She, had never knew that Ai had disappeared in context of the rest of the MPD, except for team 5 who was in charge of the case, Eri who had managed to help Ai when she was about to collapse down the stairway, and lastly, Risa herself. Well, Risa was the only who had met Ai the most ever since her 'disappearance'.

"What do you mean by saying, how did I found that - Taka-" Risa stuttered over her words, before continuing in an almost inaudible voice. "hashi-san."

"She was with you, wasn't she?" Hitomi asked.

"She was?" Risa puzzled. From what she had remembered, she had not seen Ai on the day she had came into trouble. She only knew that she was rushing for time for Juncho's agreement in taking a DNA test in order to halt the court hearing. 'Court hearing?' The thought came to Risa's mind. 'What was the outcome? Did Yaguchi-senpai managed to help her out of it, since she was here in the hospital last night?' 

"Gaki-san are you listening?" Hitomi's voice pulled Risa out of her thoughts.

"Hmmm?" Risa sounded. "Sorry, I was thinking about other things."

"Why was she with you?" Hitomi continued her trail of unanswered questions. Risa pulled her hand up, stopping the bombarding of questions from Hitomi to her.

"She was with me?" Risa asked again.

"She was the one who brought you into the hospital. Didn't you knew about it?"Hitomi repeated herself again.

"She was?" Risa enquired and fell into silence. How did she knew that I were there? Wait, Where were I in the first place? Didn't she supposed to appear on court for the preliminary hearing on that day as well. . . If she was the one who had  brought me in,  wouldn't that meant that she had missed that hearing?' Risa probed in her mind. And as the reality hit her, she pulled the covers off her body and attempted to get down the bed, only to be stopped by Hitomi.

"What happened?" Hitomi stopped Risa.

"I need to make a call!" Risa panicked. 'What had happened? Did I caused her to miss her court hearing?' Risa worried in her mind.

"Why such a rush?" Hitomi questioned. "You had yet to tell me the details what had happened, and who do you need to call in such a rush?"

"This is ridiculous. I'm asking for an appeal." Mari grunted the moment she walked out of the court house and headed towards the administrative office.

"It's not ridiculous at all." Ai commented, as she place her hand on Mari's shoulder, stopping her for advancing towards the administrative office. "I'm satisfied with it. There's no need for appeal." Ai continued briefly as she pulled her hands back.

"But, the suspension of your forensic license. . . .That's too much! It's not that- " Mari was interrupted before she could finish her sentence.

"It's not." Ai debated.

"But it's because of the -"  Mari was interrupted once again, causing a frustrated expression to form on her face.

"Whether or not that had happened, it can never ever erased the fact that I had committed a crime." Ai explained coldly, knowing that Mari would understand what she had meant. The suspension of her license was inevitable and they all knew it clearly right from the bottom of their heart.

"But still-" Mari was interrupted again for the third time, though not by Ai this time round. It was the vibration of her mobile phone, indicating an incoming call, that had interrupted her this time round.

"Hello?" Mari answered the call in irritation, in irritation that she was always interrupted when she had something really important to pass on.

"Yaguchi-senpai?" The lovely voice of her beloved Kouhai echoed from the other side.

"Gaki-san?" Mari raised a tone. "Where have you been? I have been trying to contact you for the past few days!" Mari continued as she turned around, failing to notice that Ai had took this chance to slip away from the courthouse. Ai had understood the purpose of that call. After knowing that Risa had woken up from the coma the night before, Ai had already anticipated for this moment, though she was not very much prepared for it. Internal conflicts about gratitude and integrity had been eroding her soul for the past few nights.

"How did you know that she had missed the preliminary hearing?" Mari asked. "Eh? There's a new preliminary hearing scheduled for her, and it's over. Just today. Yes today. Yes, she's with me." Mari turned around to look for Ai, only to find the space Ai stood previously empty. "Where is she?" Mari mumbled into the phone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry but is Tanaka Juncho in?" Makoto stood by the gates of the humongous mansion and spoke into the intercom. She had arrived at the said mansion after Hitomi had gave her the call after the lunch break for her to do so.

"Onii-sama is currently out of the country. May I know who are you looking for my brother?" Came the reply.

"I'm IO, Ogawa Makoto from MPD, FID. Can I speak a few words with you? Is it alright that if you can come out?" Makoto requested. Moments later, a blond petite younger girl came walking out by the driveway and stopped before Makoto, with the gates separating them. "May I know what's your relationship to Tanaka Juncho?" Makoto questioned.

"He's my elder brother. He's currently not in the country. What are you looking for from my brother?" Reina returned the questioned.

"He's suspected to be involved in a multiple sexual assault case and illegal abduction and attempt murder of a civil servant." Makoto explained briefly. "May I know Where had he went to and when will your brother be back from overseas?  When did he get out of the country?" 

"Sorry but I can't help you with that. My brother had never had the habit to inform the family about his whereabouts." Reina apologised.

"Will you please contact me, when your brother is back, Tanaka-san?" Makoto asked as she handed over her business card to Reina.

"I will." Reina bowed and took over the card. Makoto turned around had made her leave, while Reina remained at where she was, watching the disappearing figure of Makoto. 'Does this means that Niigaki-san is out of danger? Since that person had just mentioned attempted murder. . . Did Takahashi-san . . . ' Thoughts of fear flashed passed her mind. 'Papa Mama should never know about this. . . I don't want them to be disappointed by Onii-sama again.'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Gaki-san, what are you doing over here?" That was the first question raised for the day by Makoto the moment she set her feet in the work room. It had been two days since Risa had woken up, and the former should be still on her medical leave period. "Shouldn't you be resting at home during your MC period?"

"I had talked to Yoshizawa-senpai about it already. I want to come back and handle this case by myself. . . And before that, I think I do have a lot of stuffs to update you about as well." Risa stood up from her seat and hung her arms around Makoto shoulder and dragged her into the conference room.

Ai turned around and checked her surroundings, ensuring that she had cleared her stuffs into the her baggage. 'It's time for me to leave this place forever. . . Ai decided firmly in her mind. Ai bent over and pulled the sling bag over her shoulder, and the other hand dragging the rollable luggage and head towards the door. As she pushed the door open, a long bang echoed. And there she saw, Risa, seated on the ground with her right hand rubbing at her forehead.

"What are you doing here?" Came the defensive sentence from Ai, obviously being caught unexpected.

"Where are you going?" Risa ignored the question raised by Ai as she got back onto her feet. She had noticed the amount of luggage Ai carried with her.

"It's none of your business." Ai reverted back to her usual attitude to Risa and took a step out of her apartment. Risa gripped tightly on Ai's wrist, stopping Ai from leaving.

"Can we talk? Peacefully, for once?" Risa looked sincerely into Ai's eyes.

"Speak then." Ai pulled her arm back to herself and dropped her sling bag onto the ground, crossing her arms in the process while she waited for Risa to speak.

"Inside?" Risa suggested as she picked up Ai's sling bag, snatching the other from Ai's possession and entering the apartment without waiting from any agreement from Ai. As Risa entered the apartment, she positioned the baggage at the corner of the hallway and settled herself comfortably at the sofa covered with white cloths. "Take a seat." Risa signalled Ai to come over, forgetting that who was the actual owner of the house.

"What do you want to talk about?" Ai asked in an offensive manner.

"How - " Risa took a deep breath before continuing her question. "How did you manage to find where I were?"  Risa looked directly into Ai's ask as she finished the question. Ai looked away immediately, refusing to allow Risa to read her.

"How did you know that I was there?" Risa asked again.

Ai took a deep breath as well. "I saw your vehicle around that district and remembered what had happened to me back then. Curiosity took over me and went up to check it out." Ai lied. The need for gratitude had won the race this time round.

Risa narrowed her eyes at Ai, half believing in what Ai had just said. Due to the character that Ai had presented herself to the surrounding people, Risa had chose to believe. Believing that Ai was being truthful at her words, being a woman of justice, where infringement of justice is not written in her dictionary at all.

"I - want - to - say -" Risa stuttered suddenly. "Thank you." She ended off almost inaudibly.

"You don't have to." Ai replied coldly. "If that's all, I will make my move." Ai stood up from her seat and headed towards where her luggage were.

"Wait! I still have one for thing for you!" Risa shot up from her seat and shouted, causing Ai to turn back and look queerly at her.

"What?"

@ alwaysYou : Why are you slapping ME O.O You are so MEAN! hahahahahha
Hahaha. of course you will want me to write the continuation arc. you and your sadistic mode =X hahahahahha

@ rndmnwierd : hehehehe. With Risa holding onto Haru, i don't think she has the ability to chase after Ai =X hehehe. I had it planned out already =) hehehe so read on :) thanks for that comments! :)

@ kano-chan : heheheh Maybe?? there could be a chance for that to happen ^.^ Thanks for that compliment :) you are making me blushing! I don't think i'm that good anyway. I'm not satisfied with it, to be truthful. But i'm glad that i had manage to get that emotion out well(?? I wonder. . .HMMM) Once again, Thanks for the comments :)

And I'm moving forward for this story (like finally!!) a new story (kinda?) or rather case and issue is coming up soon!!
And, I knew I'm gonna get silence for ending this chapter at such a post. (at least by something I knew of =X )
And, sadly, exams are coming soon as well :(
But as usual, I will try to write in between my free time.
Hopefully, the next chapter won't be too long to come :)

De wa . . .Until the next time then! :)

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: SEARCH [ . C #19 ] 25 October 2011
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2011, 09:07:08 PM »
So if Risa can't chase Ai and ai is planning to leave, I guess now I have to wonder, what will risa do to make her stay? And since you left us with this cliffhanger, don't make us wait too long for an answer, huh?

Offline kano-chan

• Member+
  • ~Angel Miya~
« Reply #157 on: October 26, 2011, 01:52:49 AM »
Risa should confess her love and give Ai-chan a kiss so she can stay. :inlove:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #158 on: October 27, 2011, 03:32:13 AM »
You're right about getting killed for ending the chapter here. But I guess your thing will tame care of that.

Risa is being too passive. I can't bear to watch it. I feel like shaking her hard and yelling "just tell Ai already!" And it's time to do something so she knows. Otherwise that hawt and sexy woman will forever be so moody and shut herself out.

I wonder what is the thing Risa has for Ai? The same thing you have? XD okay, that joke wasnt funny ^^;

Offline caiyunki

• Member+
« Reply #159 on: October 27, 2011, 04:29:53 PM »

[ . # C20 ]

"Alright, people I want you all to gather over." The voice of the chief echoed through the CIL office, gaining the attention of the members working in the room. When the workers gathered in a circle at the empty space right in the middle of the room, the chief spoke again. "As all have knew, Takahashi-san was on a temporary suspension since a week ago due to some personal reasons. From this day on, I have been informed that Takahashi-san had her forensic license suspended for life due to a criminal record, and therefore, she will not be coming back to CIL anymore." The chief paused.

The solemn silence in the office was broken the moment the chief mentioned the reason for Ai's license suspension. Mumblings among the colleagues were raised. "Eh, are you serious?" Sayumi whispered quietly, audible only to the two girls, Eri and Miki, who were standing right by her sides.

"Seems like so . . ." Came the equally quiet response from Miki.

Sayumi turned over and glanced at Eri as she waited for some response from the latter. However, that had never came. Instead of a shock expression, an usual 'Eri's ' daze was fixed on Eri's face. "Eririn, are you alright?"Sayumi concerned quietly as she patted Eri lightly on her forearm.

Eri woke up from her daze at the contact and look straight into Sayumi's eyes.

"Are you alright?" Sayumi mouthed again.

Eri nodded her head in assurance and signalled Sayumi to return her attention back to the chief as she herself did the same.

"And so, after discussing with Takahashi-san and the other higher ranks, we have decided to promote Kamei-san to as the new chief supervisor." The chief continued. That had earned more attention of Eri than the previous announcement.

"Eh- me?" Eri stuttered.

"Congratulations, Erinin!" Sayumi urged as she grabbed onto Eri's wrist and jumped up and down in excitement.

"I'll leave the team in your hands then, Kamei-san." The chief finished. With that, he strode out of the office, leaving the colleagues surrounding Eri, giving their wishes to Eri's sudden and unexpected promotion.

"Kamei-san, shall we all book a restaurant for lunch this afternoon as a means of celebration for you?"

"Kame-chan, Ometedou!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   

"Mama! You are finally here!" Haru chipped energetically as jumped on her bed, welcoming the familiar figure into the room.

"You shouldn't be jumping around, Risa scolded lovingly, in fear that the action would rupture any of the stitches there were still on the young girl's abdomen.

"Matsuura-sensei had told Haru that Haru is all well! Mama doesn't have to be so worried about Haru. . . " Haru pouted when Risa came over the bed and forced the young girl back on the bed properly.

"But still, you shouldn't be jumping around on these beds." Risa continued nagging.

"Onee-san!" Haru called out, obviously had finally noticed the shorter girl standing at a distance behind Risa and ignored Risa's previous nagging about the little girl's childish actions. A bright smile dawned upon Haru's face. "Onee-chan is here to visit Haru again?" Haru beamed.

Ai took little baby steps and got beside the bed, showing a small smile to Haru while trying to hide her expression from Risa.

"Haru's getting out of the hospital today and back home! Just like Nee-san had promised, Haru's all safe and healthy now!" Haru continued, with the smile never leaving the soft features. That sentence caused Risa to turn slightly and stare at Ai in surprise. Never had she thought that Ai would say such thing to children. 'When had she said that to Haru-chan in the first place?' Risa wondered. 

Ai kept her face straight as she felt Risa's questioning stare on her.

"This is the first time Haru had seen Nee-chan and Mama coming in together side by side. Did Nee-chan and Mama arranged up to pick Haru out of hospital?" Haru asked curiously.

Ai remained as silent as she was the moment she brought herself into the room. On the other hand, Risa sat down on the bed right beside Haru and gave Haru her serious expression. "Ne, Haru-chan, Mama has something to inform you." Risa soften her tone, in contrast to the serious expression she had on her face.

"Nani?" Haru tilted her head slightly as she look at Risa with her puppy eyes.

"Mama had gave a serious thought about it . . . Mama don't feel like allowing you to continue to commute to and forth your school via the school bus anymore." Risa started off.

"But-" Haru interrupted immediately, as she did not like the idea of having Risa to fetch and drop her off the school among the mist of her everlasting busy workload.

"But " Risa managed to get her authority to speak back from Haru. "Haru does not need to worry. Mama had gotten someone else to do the ferrying." Risa continued.

"Hmmm?" That had caught Haru's attention.

"Haven't Mama said that I have the intention about getting a caregiver to look after Haru-chan when Mama's at work?" Risa asked and reminded. Haru nodded her head lightly as she kept her attention straight on Risa. "Mama had gotten your this lady over here to look after you when Mama's busy at work." Risa finished.

"Really?"

Risa spoke no words. Instead she gave a gentle nod to Haru as her response.

"Really?" Haru turned over and look at Ai for double confirmation.

Ai looked away for a moment before nodding her head, in an almost unnoticeable way.

"Wait! I still have one for thing for you!" Risa shot up from her seat and shouted, causing Ai to turn back and look queerly at her.

"What?" Ai asked in a rather offensive tone.

"Rather than a thing, I have a proposal for you." Risa amended the words she used.

"Proposal?" Ai raised a tone, still not getting what Risa was trying to get across.

At the raised of the tone in Ai's previous response, Risa knew that she had successfully gotten Ai's attention on what she had to say. "Would you like to come over here as we talk about this seriously together?" Risa suggested.

Ai replaced her bag back onto the ground and walked slowly towards the couch where she took a seat away from Risa.

"I - I know you really cares for Haru-chan right from the bottom of your heart, even though you had denied it for umpteen times."

"I really don-"

"Don't assume that I will believe in that. I believe in what my eyes see rather than what you say." Risa interrupted, causing Ai to fall in silence once again.

"I always had the intention to tell Haru-chan that I'm not her biological mother. . . Seeing that she had grew such an attraction to you, I'm relieved. That's just something that I, as her foster mother, can never take over." Risa started off explaining, as heaviness settled in her.

"Don't tell her." Ai spoke lowly, shocking Risa a little. "Don't." Ai repeated again.

"It's not that I'm not telling her now." Risa argued.

"Don't ever."

"Let us just put that conversation on whether should we allow Haru-chan to know about the truth., shall we?" Risa suggested, knowing that if she continues with her argument, she would not be able to put across what she had intended, with Ai going to leave on impulse.

Ai said nothing, giving Risa a chance to continue on her 'proposal' .

"I heard from Yaguchi-senpai about your situation." Risa continued, causing Ai to twitch lightly at the mention of that. "I'm thinking. . . about having you to look after Haru-chan, fetching her home from school, and stay with her, until I return from work."

Ai frowned at the suggestion.

"I'm asking you for this is because, I'm not ease in allowing Haru-chan to be left alone at home, especially after so much things had happened. Nothing else more." Risa continued explaining. 'Though there's a third reason behind all these. . . is to allow you to build a relationship with Haru-chan. . . such that the situation will not turn ugly on the day I decide to let Haru-chan to know the truth. . . And I know, you do want to build a relationship with Haru-chan. ' Risa thought in her mind.

Ai sat still at the suggestion, neither giving a positive nor a negative response to Risa.

"Haru-chan is going to be discharge from the hospital in 2 days time. I will see you then." With that, Risa stood up from the white cloth and made her way towards the door.

"Niigaki-san!" Aya walked into the room and called out. "You're early today." Aya commented as she brush past the lady who had her back facing her, only to realised that it was Ai. "Ai-chan!" Aya exclaimed.

"Aya-chan" Ai acknowledged as she tried to twinge a slight smile at her corner of her lips. Aya returned Ai with a wide smile before stopping beside Haru.

"Are you excited that you are going home soon, Haru-chan?" Aya beamed as she patted the little girl on her forehead.

"Yupps!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Eririn, why are you so quiet today?" Sayumi asked as she linked her arm with Eri while strolling down the streets along the riverside, enjoying the light breeze of the autumn night. "Are you too excited about your promotion that you had nothing much to say?"

"Not really. . . "Eri trailed off quietly, allowing Sayumi to do all the talking once again.

"Fujimoto-san and I were talking about Takahashi-san this afternoon. She's such a weird person, always acting that she's a real person of justice and impartial right before us and now it turns out that she has a criminal record. How ironic is that, don't you think so, Eri? " Eri frowned at the statement made by Sayumi. "I think we are off better than her. Though we do not have a speciality degree like what she had nor have high authority level, at least we had better EQ as compared to her, and no criminal records." The frown on Eri's forehead deepened as Sayumi continued. "Fujimoto-san and I were wondering that if her transfer back from FSS was due to that criminal record. Too bad, it was exposed."

"Stop it, Sayu." Eri finally snapped, causing Sayumi to break the linkage by the arm.

"What's wrong, Eririn?" Sayumi looked confusingly at Eri, unable to understand Eri's sudden outbreak.

"Don't talk as if you knew what had really happened to Takahashi-san. She's a outstanding forensic investigator and scientist." Eri snapped. With that, Eri turned around, leaving Sayumi, standing frozen at the spot. 'It's all my fault. If I had never helped Gaki-san back then. . . If I had delayed the presentation. If  - there are so many if, and they will never going to happen. And Takahashi-san she . . . .despite knowing that I was one of the person who had caused her suspension, yet. . .  .How bad that person can get to? ' Eri thought confusingly in her mind.

@ rndmnwierd : Did you guess correctly what Risa did to make Ai stay? eheheheh

@ kano-chan : hehehe . . I don't think Risa had realised anything she had for Ai (yet) hehehheeh

@ lil_hamz : it's not my something. I think that something will too rather kill me too as well. hahahaha
hahhaha. it took me a while to understand that joke, but i was a good one. it got me there once i understood it =X heheheh
they are not the same thing. hahahahahha

alright., after this, i won't be sure when will be next time i will upload, since my exams are just 2 weeks away =X
but as usual, i will try to update as and when i can. ^.^

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - My World