JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Complete

Author Topic: Official Nintendo Wii Thread  (Read 41768 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Wii is the Revolution! (price & launch date revealed)
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2006, 02:03:34 AM »
They decided to rename it "Wii", because that's the sound everyone makes when they realize they're having fun playing games with that ridiculous controller. :P

It is a silly name true or not, but Nintendo will make some sweet games, regardless of the console's name o_O

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2006, 04:26:01 AM »
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

Offline Mayo

• 真夜中
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2006, 05:44:07 AM »
Oh God. I am *not* calling my Revolution a "Wii". I'll stick to the original name. kthxbye.

ava by PlusQ (over at mm-bbs); ueda sig by Pinkosa | #1 drifoy, Tanaka Reina, and Murakami Megumi fangirl

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 11:54:18 AM »
But Will I be able to play Pokemon Coloseum on it?

Offline romi

• マキ命
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2006, 09:13:09 AM »
I like the concept actually..^^
Looking forward to getting my hands on it.
Gocchin.com

"私は、はっきりいって、冷めてないよ。クールでもないよ。セクシーでもないよ。子供なんだよ。" 後藤真希

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2006, 08:44:59 PM »
Quote from: Mayonaise
Oh God. I am *not* calling my Revolution a "Wii". I'll stick to the original name. kthxbye.

DENIAL!
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 02:46:14 AM »
IIRC the development of the system was titled "Project Revolution" and it was never announced that the actual system would be called "Revolution" (which imo is such a cliche, corny name). It's like the situation with the Gamecube, everyone thought it was going to be called "Dolphin" because that's what its codename was in the development phase.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 04:41:54 AM »
Quote from: StreakInTheSky
IIRC the development of the system was titled "Project Revolution" and it was never announced that the actual system would be called "Revolution" (which imo is such a cliche, corny name). It's like the situation with the Gamecube, everyone thought it was going to be called "Dolphin" because that's what its codename was in the development phase.

True. It just seems that most people were hoping for something a step above from the past: Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Gamecube. Basic, uncreative names.

Even Xbox and Playstation are rather bland names for consoles. "Revolution" is somewhat generic, but has a certain zing the others lack. Wii is seemingly random though, falling in line with prior names.

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2006, 05:22:59 PM »
after checking out the gameplay from this game called, RedSteel, i think ill buy this console when it launches. the cost should is suppose to be low too rite? i think the innovative controls will be fun as hell. anyone checked out the the other gameplays such as , tennis and what seems to be Warioware? they look fun as hell.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2006, 06:47:58 PM »
^
Yeah, i've decided that i'm getting one now. All the videos and demos look amazing. If that clip of a guy playing the drums with two of the controllers is an actual game, my head will explode. Twillight Princess and the new Mario game only make it better. :drool:
Since the development kit for the Wii is only $2000, roughly 1/100000 of kits for PS3 or 360, the Wii itself should be real cheap: I've read $ around 150-250, and that is a damned steal.

Decent E3 coverage: http://www.kotaku.com/

Offline Kobasew

• Member+
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2006, 08:20:39 PM »
^ Wait, wasn't the Wii's price announced at 259$ US??

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2006, 09:05:07 PM »
http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/05/10/nintendo/index.php
http://e3.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3150566
edit: http://revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706173p1.html

They haven't announced the price or release date yet. They're keeping that, along with more about Wii features quiet for now apparently. :sweatdrop: Couple days for E3 yet though, I imagine that they'll announce it soon if they're trying for a release this fall.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:11:18 PM by Amplifier »

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2006, 09:16:19 PM »
The new controller looks nice. Especially in RedSteel. Too bad lazy nerds have to start working out, because you can't play only with your thumbs anymore :D
coot is ctz

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2006, 12:40:28 AM »
ps3 seems pretty nice graphic-wise. but it is way to expensive. same for xbox. so i guess ill stick to Wii for now. Anyone of u guys seen the Zelda demo at E3? the guy showed how u fight in the game and plus there this part where u have to shoot arrows wit a bow. it was fucking amazing. also apparently, there is a mic in the controller where it reacts to the button u pressed so that if feels like ur actually doing the activity.

Offline Kobasew

• Member+
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2006, 01:43:42 AM »
The thing I read about Red Steel was the motion sensing wasn't all that sensitive.  This means that the game just recognizes the general motion that you make and not the exact movements.  I.e. if you want to execute a move in the game that slashes like a "7" movement, you just do the general motion and the computer will execute the move.

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say cause I don't think I worded it quite right.

Offline tedsuism

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2006, 03:51:56 AM »
now this console is the real revolution ... damn nice inovations hope its cheap so i can this instead of ps3 garhh so expensive

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2006, 04:10:48 AM »
Quote from: Kobasew
The thing I read about Red Steel was the motion sensing wasn't all that sensitive.  This means that the game just recognizes the general motion that you make and not the exact movements.  I.e. if you want to execute a move in the game that slashes like a "7" movement, you just do the general motion and the computer will execute the move.

I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say cause I don't think I worded it quite right.

Yeah, we probably won't be slicing people up like Zorro, at least in Red Steel. Taking the swordplay idea though, it would be amazing if Squarenix would make a new Bushido Blade for the Wii. That game would be unbelievable if you had precise control over your weapon with the Wii's controller. :drool:

New Super Smash Bros ftw! http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/super-smash-bros-brawl/super-smash-brothers-brawl-announced-173004.php

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2006, 07:11:04 AM »
sth i am really interested in knowing is, how are action games be played? for games like smash bro, are we gonna have to move the controllers?

oh yea, and lastly, are the graphics gonna be an upgrade over the cube?

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2006, 08:30:57 AM »
Red Steel looks awesome, that game could change the whole FPS genre :yep:

I gotta admit that Super Mario Galaxy looks kinda disappointing. It looks nothing more than an updated version of Sunshine. But I guess it's more about the gameplay than fancy graphics. I haven't seen any high res videos of Mario and Zelda yet, so I can't say much about the graphics.

Quote from: Amplifier
New Super Smash Bros ftw! http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/super-smash-bros-brawl/super-smash-brothers-brawl-announced-173004.php
Awesome :thumbsup
Smash Bros Melee is my most played GC game so I'm pretty excited about Brawl.

Quote from: ahcheungape
oh yea, and lastly, are the graphics gonna be an upgrade over the cube?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:34:52 AM by Masa »

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2006, 09:52:22 AM »
well thats not gameplay graphics, so cant really judge. although i am not strict about graphics since gameplay is always number one, it would be nice if the graphics are an upgrade over the cube.

about the SSBB, i checked out the trailer and it was funny in the end where Snake showed up. it ends up he is one of the new characters in the game. Strange but it also draws more interest to eveyrone about the game.

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: So Nyuh Shi Dae - Complete