JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Jackie Chan - Unforgettable

Author Topic: Official Nintendo Wii Thread  (Read 41769 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Wii is the Revolution! (price & launch date revealed)
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2006, 04:32:48 PM »
So, wow. I've always been a Nintendo fangirl, but this E3 beats all *blown away*

I watched the live stream of the Nintendo press briefing and I sat there in constant fangirl hysteria mode. From the moment Miyamoto walked onto the stage until the very end. My head has still not fully recovered, I think.

I love how Nintendo is always able to think differently. They dare to take these huge leaps with their consoles instead of doing minor upgrades from time to time (although they do the minor upgrades with their portable systems... but it's minor upgrades, you don't have to switch to a DS Lite if you don't want to, the old DS is still able to play all DS games fine.. etc). I love how their main focus has always been family entertainment too.

I'm sure you've all seen this, but no pictures in the thread, so.. here are the various add ons for the Wii-mote. The light gun is love. Love, love, love. I also adore the design of the normal controller that you can add on to it, it reminds me of a SNES controller. Mmm~ cuteness.

As for what I think of the games so far. I'm mostly excited about Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Super Smash Brothers (mostly because of Snake!). :D Also very excited about the prospect of a Trauma Centre sequel for the Wii! O_O; We get to cut people up with a remote! :O XD;;

Nintendo, you own my soul XDDD

Offline steven

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2006, 12:28:33 AM »
Wii looks reaaaaaaaal nice, and it really is a revolution in gaming.  i was watchin E3 on tv, they havent announced release date or price yet.  i love how they put a speaker in the controller tho so when you shoot arrows in legend of zelda you hear the twang of the bow.  and now i wont be the only douche that moves my body left when trying to make a left turn in games.

a lil offtopic but, ppl taht are complaining about the ps3 price, you have to understand that its comming with blu-ray and is basically a multimedia station.  blu-ray dvd player alone is going to retail at probably 1000 like the HDVD player. so really..if you want HD entertainment...buying a ps3 will save you money

Offline psymon

• ~裕ちゃんが好きです~
  • Member+
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2006, 02:01:09 AM »
i must say im not that impressed... all the trailer looked like i was watching footage from gamecube games. super mario galaxy looked like sm sunshine.
the controller may be 'different' but for me it is not all THAT revolutionary. It may be good for tennis games or so, but 1st: For "normal" games it might not be that confortable, when you movie around with your arm like wtf all the time with the remote and 2nd if i want to play tennis that feels real, i go out and play REAL tennis.

but im sure ill get it anyway, because i want to play zelda :D

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2006, 02:10:56 AM »
I'll probably end up getting a wii before a ps3. overall I'm not all that excited about the games that are coming out(though some of them look really nice) the gameplay innovations are enough to convince me that it will be worth it.

I love how people are excited about the speaker on the controller though. :lol: it's like the most useless feature of the system.

That gun attachment would rule for fps.

Offline amuse

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2006, 06:37:00 AM »
The speaker on the controller can be useful though since it produces a nice depth of sound without a surround sound system. And it's different than a surround system because instead of sounds beside or behind you, the Wii's sounds come right in your face (..... hehe). Whether this function is useful or not really depends on how the developers implement it into their games.
Quote from: hot_lilAzn
i named mine Man of steel becuz it\'s always hard as steel and hard lol :wink:

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2006, 07:09:23 AM »
i'll probably be getting one, probably on the 2nd shipment, or whatever. warioware convinced me enough to get one. its been a while since i played party games. it should be interesting with the wiimote. hopefully the price wont be too steep.

oh and possible trauma center for the wii? hell yeah.

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2006, 10:05:11 AM »
Quote from: psymon
i must say im not that impressed... all the trailer looked like i was watching footage from gamecube games. super mario galaxy looked like sm sunshine.
the controller may be 'different' but for me it is not all THAT revolutionary. It may be good for tennis games or so, but 1st: For "normal" games it might not be that confortable, when you movie around with your arm like wtf all the time with the remote and 2nd if i want to play tennis that feels real, i go out and play REAL tennis.

but im sure ill get it anyway, because i want to play zelda :D

the thing wit Wii is that i think most of their games will be made to fit the controllers.  however i read somewhere that there will be seperate controllers for action games like smash bro.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2006, 10:18:43 AM »
Here's a 7 minute long Super Mario Galaxy gameplay video:
(jacked from Yahoo Games)

http://rapidshare.de/files/20185031/169_supermariogalaxy_gp_wii_051006.mpg.html

I still don't know whether I like it or not. But one thing is for sure, I'm not blown away by Super Mario Galaxy. It's not bad but to be honest I'm way more excited about Super Paper Mario and New Super Mario Bros.

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2006, 06:46:36 PM »
I hope the new super mario bros. isn't a 3 minute game. cause It looks like it'll be my most favorite game ever. aNd  I heard the same thing about the seperate controllers.. it was a last minute thing i read at some sites as a rumor. some of the people in the irc said the controller was legit.
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #49 on: May 12, 2006, 07:24:50 PM »
Mario should never leave 2D. Neither should Sonic... or Castlevania... or Contra... or Donkey Kong... and on and on. The 3D versions of the games are fun, but they never have that kind of charm 2D games do.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2006, 08:57:08 PM »
Yesterday on G4 TechTV's E3 coverage, there was an interview with the head honcho of Nintendo of America. (Or something like that) He brought out a more traditional-style gamepad for the Wii that attaches to the remote-controller. (Or what he called the Wii-mote.)

As for Super Mario Galaxy, what they made a big deal about was the control.  They demonstrated a kind of on-screen pointer interface paired with the motion-sensing remote.  For controlling Mario and making him fly through space, I can imagine some pretty fun gaming situations.

I must say though, I'm more excited about trying out the Wii than the other consoles coming out, mainly to see how the controller works. (And the new Wario Ware, which looks like an absolute hoot.)
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline ayou099

• Member+
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2006, 12:01:10 AM »
Mario should never leave 2D. Neither should Sonic... or Castlevania... or Contra... or Donkey Kong... and on and on. The 3D versions of the games are fun, but they never have that kind of charm 2D games do.

AMEN! (I had to put the exclamation to extent the post length to 5 characters, which is the minimum amount in this forum ^^)

チャミいしかわでした、グッチャ~

"人間て悲しいね" Ishikawa R, バスが来るまで  2002

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2006, 06:24:42 AM »
Quote from: Amplifier

i never liked playing the 3D mario games. it just didnt appeal to me. i am glad they the new 2D mario game is coming out for DS next week. its gonna be great.

i wish 2D Donkey Kong will appear for DS. if so, its gonna be as good as mario.

Offline Tanier

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2006, 08:42:49 AM »
sonic 3d sonic games are only on the first level. after that they get boring... shadow. Sonic rush on the DS was the  best sonic game i played this millineum, although some of the bonus stages were like impossible!
I'm backkkkkkkk

Offline Kobasew

• Member+
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2006, 11:09:42 AM »
Well I just preorder a Wii at Toys 'R Us today.  The deposit was 50$ cdn and they're still referring to it as the Nintendo Revolution.  I initially asked if I could preorder the "Nintendo Wii" and they asked me what type of game that was.  It's just kind of weird that nobody knew what I was talking about even though I was in the electronics department...you would assume those guys would at least keep up to date with this kind of stuff.

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2006, 11:42:53 AM »
where did u preorder at? i mean which location?

i am also planning to go toys r us to get my deposit. u all ppl should actually go there to preorder because not many ppl actually go there for some reason. ppl actually think EB is the best place for games, but i never go there since toys r us and futureshop has better deals.

Offline Kobasew

• Member+
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2006, 07:10:14 PM »
Toys 'R Us in Markham, Ontario...inside Markville Mall if for some reason you knew the area.  I also asked about the PS3 but they said they weren't offering preordering for it yet...which is weird cause I was told they were from Future Shop (i.e. Canadian version of Best Buy).

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2006, 06:28:46 AM »
well i live in richmond vancouver. my local toys r us have ps3 preorder already.

Offline Kid Kash

• The Notorious K-I-D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2006, 12:35:35 AM »
Quote from: Amplifier
Mario should never leave 2D.

I don't know, I really liked Mario RPG for Super NES.

Offline ahcheungape

• Member+
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2006, 02:40:35 AM »
haha that game was the first rpg game i've ever beaten in my life!!

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Jackie Chan - Unforgettable