JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - Samba! Kobushi Janeiro

Author Topic: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2013 Thread  (Read 30946 times)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
Re: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2013 Thread
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2013, 06:39:51 PM »
yep it`s too plain. they may create models with color variations but still...

well, use what you feel comfortable with. remember you`ll have to walk a lot from one stage to another and that in this season it`s hot like hell. I would like to use my Asfi t-shirt signed by Sakichan (there`s nothing more hardcore wota than a signed t-shirt oh yeah) but I think I`ll go with some basketball or football uniform to help the body transpiration.  :)

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #41 on: May 29, 2013, 06:54:42 AM »
web updated again and they added several groups, the most relevant that i noticed

ERIBON <3 Especia <3 Bellring <3 and of course Afilia SAGA East  :cow:

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2013, 09:39:03 AM »
YAY! third announcement, more 23 groups (now 76 total) added and... NOW WE`RE TALKING!!

the list includes nothing less than:

ICT lovelies!!
Afilia Saga
usa usa girls club
Especia
Erepyon
Kaiketsu Tropical Maru
Gal Doll
KNU
Mai Kotone
Shizukaze & Kizuna
Naaboudoufu@Nana
9Nine
hy4_4yh
Band ja nai mon!
Rhymeberry
lyrical school

*still missing Alice Juban, Hime Kyun, LinQ, Denpa Gumi, Doki Doki, Party Rockets... and GEM is confirmed but still wasn`t added.

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #43 on: May 29, 2013, 09:53:00 AM »
My prediction of Erena Ono came true. But my prediction of Yui Matsushita didn't. 50% is pretty good though, that would be like an F... nothing wrong with that.

Glad 9nine and Afilia Saga will be there but still waiting for a surprise performer. Tsutomo promised Perfume and AKB48.

I remember Kaiketsu Tropical Maru from last year. I went to a stage to watch Party Rockets, but the schedule was off and they were there instead. They spent 10 minutes talking about how they begged to be invited to TIF. It was amusing.

^ I didn't notice GEM wasn't included in todays update until you mentioned it. *freaks out* I better call Yuki or Ranachin to confirm.

And Takokusekigun has a new logo, kawaaaiiiiiiiiiiii.

Shizukaze & Kizuna also has a new logo and new website. I didn't even recognize them in that pic.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 12:03:58 PM by qwiksXnd »

Offline xuinone

• Member+
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2013, 09:46:30 PM »
I remember Kaiketsu Tropical Maru from last year. I went to a stage to watch Party Rockets, but the schedule was off and they were there instead. They spent 10 minutes talking about how they begged to be invited to TIF. It was amusing.

They'll spend another 10 minutes this year too since they only have like 4 songs  :nervous

Some of them were there in the 2011 edition back when they're still the "AeLL.'s SUB Girls"... hmmm... maybe they sing AeLL's songs to fill up their set??

-whatthe... they have a bunch of members now   :O2

Guess CLEAR'S has not and likely, won't be invited,  :( too bad, but at least they didn't invite Nagoya CLEAR'S :p

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2013, 01:56:00 AM »
Mary Angel wasn't invited... yet so their label tweeted asking for help so maybe they can be invited... i certainly hope they recieve the invitation soon enough because those girls are good.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2013, 03:07:31 AM »
if they follow last year pattern, we shall see more announcements in the next few days. they added Ebichuu in the 4th announcement in 2012 so we may still see some "big" names added. I just realized that they are probably having some problems with certain agencies, since till now no sign of Alice Project groups or Finolia Factory groups...

and for the "surprise name" I`m fearing that Erepyon was that one.  :smhid damn, they could at least add someone like Aya Hirano to be the icing on the cake.  :bow: 

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2013, 09:33:42 AM »
4th announcement is out, guys! more 15 groups (91 in total):

HR
Otome Corporation
Kawasaki Junjou Komachi
Caramel Ribbon
Southern Cross
SIR
Supre Power
Diamond
Hime carat
Tsuribit
ManaMinoRisa
MelodyLien
Blue Chee's
Minami Momochi
Seiko Omori

yep, just a bunch of irrelevant groups.  :P (MelodyLien is nice, I must admit)

*edit: spelled wrong a name, sorry
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:38:55 AM by tsutomo »

Offline Daydreamer0Fly

• Crazed Fangirl
  • Member+
  • Crazed Fangirl
    • DaydreamerFly
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2013, 03:40:20 PM »
Otome Corporation and Caramel☆Ribbon have some nice stuff, I'd be interested in seeing them. (Depending who is performing at the same time, of course.)

I'd still really like an announcement of Party Rockets, Prizmmy☆, Fairies, Ebichu, Team Syachihoko, Chimo, Kamen Rider Girls, i☆Ris, Osaka BB Wave, and Osaka Show Gangs.

Don't expect one for Fairies, Ebichu, or Team Syachihoko. Ebichu and Syachihoko do have some other stuff going on, maybe stardust is trying to pull them out now :/ Fairies I think has the issue that, though they are considered idols, some tv shows and places they go announce them as "idols" but others call them a "dance and vocal group". Since TIF only wants 100% idols, this really messes with Fairies' chances ><

Really surprised to see no Party Rockets. REally hope it changes. I honestly just completely expected them.

Prizmmy☆, i☆Ris, and Kamen Rider Girls still hopefully have achance. Losing hope on Prizmmy, but here's to hoping. I want to see i☆Ris soooo bad.

Chimo, Osaka BB Wave, and Osaka Show Gangs are pretty indie, I think they could be announced up until pretty close to the festival.
Check out "idol BEATS Radio", the best place to listen to the idols of today, 24/7, worldwide!
http://www.idolbeatsradio.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/idolbeats
http://twitter.com/idolBEATSRadio

idol BEATS Radio is currently accepting votes for the 2014 New Years Coutndown, so please vote for your favorite idol songs of 2014! All idol fans should without a doubt vote. All voters will also be entered into a drawing for a free idol CD. (out of 26 choices)

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2013, 12:48:50 AM »
From the new ones i like

HR
Otome Corporation
Southern Cross
SIR
ManaMinoRisa
MelodyLien

Ans tsuribit are barely new, they have like 2 songs only but seems are winning fans pretty fast

ps: irrelevant today, major acts tomorrow... let me know when QunQun is added, i still have hopes
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:53:58 AM by shurastriker »

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2013, 01:09:09 AM »
for the Stardust groups, the chances of them appearing is slim to none. the producers of the festival are having issues with some agencies and Stardust is one of them.

since they already started adding only "low profile" groups, chances of seeing more famous ones (like Hime Kyun, Denpa Gumi and Fairies) are minimal too. unless they are holding their names to announce later as a "surprise".

the thing that bugs me is that they STILL didn't add Gem to the list, despite the group already confirmed presence weeks ago. they may have other groups in the same situation, confirmed but not announced. and HERE resides my hope to still see some famous group added. if they don't, I'll have to join the japs at 2ch and start calling this year edition a "owacon".  :thumbdown: clearly a big drop of contents from last year.

Since TIF only wants 100% idols

don't think this is true since they have for this year edition Mariko Gotou who is not an idol (never was. she was the vocalist of the rock band Midori in the past). also Band ja nai mon! is very borderline.

if they go adding in the next announcements only unknown groups, I really hope that at least they call Asfi, Chi Mamire Romantic, Natsuaki, Feam, Nato Kan and HachaMecha.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2013, 01:32:36 AM »
first festival lacked of relevant names, now there are too many... but what i like from TIF is that they promote smaller groups... what i don't like is that is too short lol, too many groups and so little time

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2013, 02:42:03 AM »
I hope update #5 includes some of the missing mid tier groups (E-Girls also please). I'm an eternal optimist though, so Nogizaka46 and SDN48 revival are definitely going to happen. I have a really good feeling about update #7 (female intuition). TIF just seems like it's missing something right now... pinkey maybe? Jk, I personally really want Chimo and please invite asfi - for tsutomo.

I think the GEM update will be resolved after 6.11 because that is when the group will be officially announced and the final lineup will be revealed. Not to sound like a nerd, but I'm super worried about my oshimen because she isn't the most popular GEMber (GEM member). I'm retiring from the internet if she doesn't make the final lineup.

^ After last year, I really hoped they would add Friday, so TIF would be 3 days long... but didn't happen.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 07:07:32 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2013, 05:09:18 AM »
LOL I would like to have a little of your optimism. actually, I think that since the one who has started the festival thread is ME, this year edition is doomed.  :panic:

I doubt they add a third day. unless they move the event to the summer holiday week, it would not be viable. but by doing so they would risk competing with other big festivals like Summersonic and A-nation (specially this one and it's special day, Idolnation). and if this year edition prove a commercial failure (that may happen, seeing how the wotas are bashing the producers, festival, lineup... plus that without a big name...), I think that even a new edition next year becomes in doubt. we have too many idol festivals nowadays (Idol Yokocho and Uta Musume ones being the more prominent), not everyone will survive. 
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 05:21:02 AM by tsutomo »

Offline eyeless

• Member+
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2013, 05:58:22 AM »
I'm bias to stardust groups, so the absence of Ebichu and Syachi (according to tsutomo) has dropped my interest level to 80%, then no LinQ, no dempagumi and no Party Rockets, it's down to 70%
Not as good as last year, but good enough to buy nico live streaming

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2013, 08:01:09 AM »
You're a good fan eyeless. If most of my top ten and #1 group was missing, my interest would be like 20%.

^ Lol, it's totally your fault! Although 13 is an unlucky number (at least where I'm from) so it's partly the universe's fault. Are you still in Japan? I've been reading your blog for a while and you are the most hardcore overseas fan ever.

IDOL Street just confirmed GEM will be there as well as all of the street-sei groups (Tokyo, Osaka, Fukuoka, Sapporo, and Nagoya). I figured they would be added, but its nice to see it confirmed. Definitely want to see all five of the groups and the new members.

http://idolstreet.jp/live/20130727.html

But I am starting to feel guilty because it seems like iDOL Street/avex has a really good relationship with the producers which happens to work out perfectly for me. And most of the indie groups I like have already been added. I just really wish tsutomo would stop messing everything else up. NMB48 would have been added by now if I started the thread.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2013, 02:44:15 AM »
you are the most hardcore overseas fan ever.

errrr I`ll take that as a praise.  :?  :lol:

yep, I`m living here. do you really read that shit?! wow, you are a brave soldier.  :D

I just really wish tsutomo would stop messing everything else up. NMB48 would have been added by now if I started the thread.

I think that if I didn`t start this thread, by now we would already have Momokuro, AKB48, Berryz Koubou, Perfume, SNSD and a special duet with Maki Goto and Atsuko Maeda all confirmed.  :O

my insterest has decreased too. I`m only going cuz... I already bought the fucking ticket. ROFL really, I could use that weekend to travel to Nagoya and see SKE there. no Denpa, Alice 10 and Hime Kyun... "That pisses me right off!"  :thumbdown:

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2013, 11:55:36 PM »
pft seems that the festival assistants expectations have changed too much... too bad

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2013, 12:48:06 AM »
^^ Yeah, that was a compliment. I want to be the most hardcore 8) I paid for my ticket also and I think its really cool they are sending the wristband directly this time.

I didn't mean to give the impression I was disappointed in the lineup. I keep bringing up "surprise" groups because I think its fun to predict these kind of things. Personally I'm not even a fan of the "surprise" groups, but it would still be cool because even though I'm not, others are.

TIF is going to be fine. There's still 7 weeks left and more groups will be added. And if not, this will be a great opportunity for everyone to be converted to iDOL Street fanboyism.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2013, 02:38:12 AM »
And if not, this will be a great opportunity for everyone to be converted to iDOL Street fanboyism.

oh no! you're not doing this with us, are you??? please, have some mercy!  :lol:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - Samba! Kobushi Janeiro