JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Run away Train

Author Topic: It Started With A Bet - Chapter 8 Part 2 03/08/15 (MaYuki fanfic)  (Read 66239 times)

Offline Konoe

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mayu Mayu Mayuyu
    • kibouteki48
Re: [Mayuki] It Started With A Bet Chapter 3 02/08/14 Replies
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2014, 08:48:19 AM »
What a coincidence gek geki. XD

I was really planning on editing the latest chapter today and post it but Kate-sama's update distracted me and can't stop fangirling until I ran out of time and needed to go to school. :P

I will edit this post later after I comment at Kate-sama's Unfortunate Love which was sooooo GOOD.

EDIT:

Replies:

@Kirozoro: The boss is very emotional that time. He had too much problems. I'm sorry if he had done that but at least it was not worst right? :(

@soolim: Yuki is not sincere with her confession because this is all a game to her. :( And I agree, Mayu is a great person.

@olive29: Oh, thanks. :shy1: All you said is right.

@Terragen: You are such a keen reader. Has anyone ever told you that? Yes, Mayu is a very hardworking girl

@MayuxMatsuixMusic: Ugh... I'm sorry. :kneelbow:

@Furumizawa: I hope you are patient enough for all the waiting since now I'm still trying to make way for Yuki.

@pattinium: I can't promise you not to hurt Mayu too much. I'm flattered. Thanks for reading. :shy1:

@gek geki: Yeah, :yep: yeah! :yep: Yeah! :yep: Eh? Second chance? :dunno:

@anakpanti: About not responding the mail.. Maybe she became like that because her deadline is approaching yet she had no great progress at Mayu's heart? :P
But well.... every bad things have a good meaning behind it. I hope it will make Yuki realize that she can't lose Mayu and she want to protect Mayu because she love Mayu.
Heh. I wonder when will that happen.

@hyoyoung: Mayu will.... just read the next chap. :P

@kurogumi: I agree. Those are not enough to move Mayu's heart.

@Zita: Thank you. :shy2:

@gek geki: You... you vanished for weeks and now you commented thrice in one chapter with the last one telling me to update. :lol:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 10:07:35 AM by Konoe »

Offline Konoe

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mayu Mayu Mayuyu
    • kibouteki48
Re: [Mayuki] It Started With A Bet Chapter 4 02/08/14
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2014, 10:23:00 AM »
Chapter 4

Silence enveloped between the two. Yuki's face was serious but Mayu felt that those 3 words lack something. She can't exactly pinpoint what it is because it's the first time she encounter a situation like this. Although her heart skipped a beat, the feeling of unbelief and suspicion was more powerful.

“I'm sorry but I know this is not the right time to confess because of what happened to you earlier but the thought of losing you scared me.” Yuki said. “I wanted to tell you what my feelings for you are. It's alright with me if you don't give an answer now. I understand it very well but... I want to tell that from now on I will try my best to win your heart.”

Mayu really can't believe what's going on. She is nothing compared to Yuki's past boyfriends or girlfriends. She is a nerd, not sociable, not cute or pretty, and out of sync with what teenagers do nowadays. She doesn't get why someone would get attracted to her unless they are planning to do something bad to her.

‘Yuki wouldn't do something bad to me, right?’ Mayu thought. Yuki has been a very good person to Mayu. “Uh.. Ano...” Mayu was obviously uncomfortable with the situation so Yuki decided take it easy for now and let the girl rest.

“Let's talk about it some other time. Just have a good rest tonight. You had a rough day and I'm sorry for making it rougher. See at school Mayu.” Yuki smiled and slowly walked away from Mayu.

Yuki was finally relieved. Now Mayu knows then Mayu might change her vision to Yuki since Mayu has been obviously looking at Yuki as a friend. It's time to go all out for the bet. Aside from winning the bet she also hoped that with this Mayu will forget about her bad experience this afternoon.

========================================================================================================

*The Next Day*

Since the two are not meeting up today for tutorial, Yuki woke up very early to be able to walk with Mayu to school. That is the only other time she can be with Mayu without being seen by other students.

“Ah! Mayu-chan ohayo!” Yuki greeted enthusiastically upon seeing Mayu.

“Y-yuki-chan!?” Mayu was surprised to see Yuki. She only saw Yuki this early once but after that she had never encountered her during this time of the day.

“Let's go to school together.”

“S-sure?”Yuki ignored Mayu's hesitant reply and linked their arms.

“!?” Yet again Mayu was surprised by Yuki's sudden closeness to her.

“Mayu-chan I already told my cousin about you and she said I should take you to her shop later.”

“Cousin?”

“Yeah. My relative who needs part-timers at the moment. She only has one employee at the moment since she just started her business so she badly needs workers. You are free later right?” Yuki said.

“Un...” Mayu doesn't seem to be getting used to the physical contact with Yuki. Every time Yuki would look at Mayu; Mayu will always look at the opposite direction.

“I just want to let you know that from now on I will wake up very early just to spend more time with you.” Yuki completely changed their topic and caught Mayu off guard.

“Uh...” Mayu wondered when she will get used to this. Yuki has been invading her space and she doesn't like it but she can't just refuse her because Yuki had saved her. A simple tutorial won't be a good thing to give to her savior. Yuki also helped her in finding a job.

“Mayu-chan are you still there?”

Mayu snapped out from her thoughts and unconsciously raised her free hand. “Hai. Present!”

Yuki laughed at Mayu's absentmindedness. “Classes will start after 55 minutes. Take it easy. Are you excited for classes to start?”

‘If it means to get some space away from you then why not.’ Mayu thought. “I love learning.” Mayu said.

“That explains why you are so smart. I wish I love learning just like you... I hope you will come to love me too.” Yuki whispered the last part but Mayu still heard it. After that the two hadn't said anything until they arrived at the school's vicinity.

“Yuki-chan you go inside first. I have something to do. See you after school.” Yuki wasn't able to reply back as Mayu immediately disappeared before her eyes.

“Is she going to the Botany club's garden? Should I follow her?...... Nah, I will wait for her to invite me there. I'm not interested anyway.” Yuki said to herself.

“Who are you talking to Kashiwagi-san?” A guy asked from Yuki's back.

“Whoa! Akimoto-sensei! I was just.. ugh. Saying my thoughts out loud...” Yuki admitted.

“Oh.” Akimoto-sensei looked at Yuki like she was the weirdest person in the world. “Anyway, are things going well in your tutorial? I didn't hear any complaints from Watanabe-san.” Akimoto-sensei this time looked at Yuki with suspicion.

“Everything is fine. I attended the tutorial without fail and I'm not bullying or blackmailing her or anything.”

“I didn't mention about you bullying or blackmailing her or anything.”

‘Duh, you are obviously suspicious of me.’ Yuki thought.

“I truly don't want Watanabe-san to be your tutor but that child needs to talk to people too.” Akimoto said.

“Sensei do you know something about Mayu's parents?” Yuki asked eagerly.

“Not really. All I know is that they died in a car accident that was set-up by a jealous business partner. Watanabe-san was fortunately not with them that time. She lost her parents when she was 2 years old, I guess.”

“2 years old..” Yuki mumbled. This was the first time she heard about how Mayu's parents died. The people whom she asked info about Mayu also didn't know how and when Mayu became an orphan.

“I don't know if this has a connection to Watanabe-san too but please stop playing with the feelings of other people or else you will regret it forever.” Akimoto said before walking away.

Yuki scoffed as Akimoto's figure was out of sight. “This is youth. You do everything that is fun for you to do. It just so happens I love playing with people and seeing their hurtful face from heartbreak.” Yuki, for the second time that day, said to herself.

========================================================================================================

Classes have ended and at the same time Mayu got a mail from Yuki that they will meet in the usual convenience store. Upon arriving Mayu saw Yuki outside the store.

“I'm sorry. Have you waited long?” Mayu asked.

“No, I just got here too. A few minutes earlier than you." Yuki replied and stand beside Mayu. "Let's go?”

“U-un.” Mayu was relieved that Yuki didn't cling to her just like this morning. Yuki thought it might be dangerous to cling on Mayu right now since many students might see them and would question her taste in girls.

Yuki kept the conversation alive and going while Mayu mostly accidentally replied that can make the conversations reach dead end. Yuki has been trying hard and she felt really exhausted just talking to Mayu. Yuki got lively again when they are nearing to their destination.

“Mayu-chan, my cousin's shop is right over there.” Yuki dragged Mayu inside a small pastry shop.

As they went inside they saw a long brown haired girl managing the cashier and Yuki continued to drag Mayu to towards the cashier. “Kojiharu, this is the friend I was talking about.”

“Ah, Yuki-chan you did came.”

“I want to help. Please hire her Cuz.”

“What I need now is someone who can give a hand at the kitchen. Can you bake?” Haruna asked Mayu.

“Um, I don't have any experience in baking but I'm willing to learn.” Mayu said with determination. Haruna smiled seeing Mayu's fighting spirit.

“Don't worry Kojiharu. She is a fast learner.” Yuki chimed in.

“Okay, I will trust you this time Yuki-chan. Since I don't have customers at the moment please take care of the cashier for me while I figure out if.. Uh.. Watanabe-san?”

“Yes, I'm Watanabe Mayu.” Mayu confirmed.

“By the way, I'm Kojima Haruna. And I will give Watanabe-san a test at the kitchen.”

Yuki saluted at Haruna. “Yes Ma'am. Good luck Mayu-chan!” Yuki gave Mayu a wink which made Mayu blush.

*At the Kitchen*

“Do you know how to crack a raw egg?” Mayu thought how idiotic Haruna's question was. “Yes, of course” Breaking an egg is easy for Mayu since she lives alone so there are times when she cooks if she has lots of free time and not lazy.

Haruna gave Mayu an egg, a utility bowl, and a fork. “Then demonstrate it.” Haruna told Mayu. The egg was cracked in a decent way which Haruna didn't expect from Yuki's friend. “You can surprisingly do it properly.” Haruna mumbled but Mayu didn't let that slip.

“What do you mean Kojima-san?” Mayu curiously asked.

“Yuki-chan is an idiot when it comes to the kitchen and you know what they say. Birds of the same feather flock together. So I thought you are an idiot in the kitchen too. But you are far way better to help me than Yuki-chan.”

“Really? Is she really that bad in the kitchen?” Mayu was amused to the new bit of information about Yuki.

“Yes she is. She is really hopeless in baking and cooking. It would really make you face palm at her idiocy. She couldn't understand a simple instruction and does something unbelievable. Her common sense fades away as she enters the kitchen.”

“Wow.”

“Is it not obvious from her looks?”

“A little from her image..” Mayu said.

“We're not here to talk about my stupid cousin who can't cook. Okay!” Haruna put her hands together to make a loud sound. “Next is the final test. I want you to follow these steps.” Haruna gave Mayu a paper with procedure to be done. “If you have any questions regarding the procedure, please feel free to ask.” Haruna smiled accommodatingly and then sat at a chair where she can see Mayu work.

Mayu quietly followed the instructions and had asked Haruna only once when she was hesitant on what to do. After placing the cake pan inside the oven, Haruna asked Mayu to go out of the kitchen with her.

“Ah! How was it Kojiharu? She passed the test right?” Yuki, who was munching a cake, asked as soon as she saw the two come out from the kitchen.

“I haven't even told Watanabe-san my verdict so why should I tell you first..” Haruna coldly said. “And why are you eating my products instead of keeping an eye on them? These are not free for a relative you know.” Haruna snatched the plate that Yuki was holding.

“Okay fine. I will pay for it.” Yuki rolled her eyes before placing her money in the counter. “There. Can I have my cake back?”

Haruna gave the cake with a big smile. “Of course.”

“Stingy.” Yuki grumbled but enough for Haruna to hear but Haruna ignored her.

“Watanabe-san.” Haruna said.

“Hai.” Mayu straighten up.

“You're hired. If you don't mind, can you start tomorrow?”

“Thank you very much! I will surely come here tomorrow.” Mayu bowed 90° full to show her gratitude.

“That's great Mayu-chan! Here. Have a piece of my cake.” Yuki readily sliced a piece from her cake and held her fork nearer to Mayu.

“Eh?” ‘Didn't she used that fork a while ago?! Wait... We are friends and normal friends do this without discomfort. But she said she loves me not as a friend. Is this her way to make me-‘ Mayu panicked. She was thinking too much that Yuki wondered why it took her too long to respond.

“Mayu-chan, do you dislike cakes or maybe you don't trust Kojiharu's skills?”

“Eh? Does my cakes don't look appetizing? The appearance should not fool you. I guarantee that they are delicious.” Haruna said.

“No no no. It's not like that, I just.. Uh, forget it.” ‘What am I thinking?’ Mayu hesitantly ate the piece of cake that was waiting for her. Yuki smirked for a second which didn't miss Mayu's eyes.

“It's delicious Kojima-san.”

“Hehe. I know. I'm the best after all.” Haruna proudly said. “Oh, since you might be a great help in the kitchen I will let you borrow a book about baking for beginners. I will get it now.” Haruna left the two and went to her office.

Mayu intended to steal just one glance at Yuki but she ended up staring at her. Yuki ate another piece of the cake and for some reason it was done in a sexy way. ‘Is it me or she's really tasting the fork?’ Mayu fixed her glasses in attempt to distract herself from the beauty in front of her.

“Ah. It's really sweet. I love it. Do you want another bite Mayu-chan?”

“No, I'm fine.” Mayu blushed at the thought of getting another indirect kiss with Yuki.

“You sure?”

“Yeah. I'm not craving for cakes right now so no.”

There was a long silence before Yuki sighed. “You noticed huh.”

“What?”

“That I'm trying to get more indirect kisses.”

‘Seriously?!’ Mayu blushed again at Yuki's revelation.

“Ne Mayu, exams are just a few weeks away right?”

‘Why did she change the subject? And she called me just Mayu. This feels serious.’ Mayu thought. “Yes. Are you not confident to pass?”

“No, I know I will pass it but do you think I can make it to the overall top 10?” Yuki asked.

‘Top 10? Yuki-chan is not that smart based from the tutorials. She is quite slow so getting inside the top 10 is impossible unless she tries 20 times harder.’ Mayu thought and told Yuki the truth. “No you can't.”

“Ouch. You're too frank.” Yuki touched her heart pretending that it hurts.

“I just don't want to get your hopes up if your way and view in studying won't change. You won't even get into the top 20 so I bet you won't ever get into the top 10. I'm very sure.”

“You bet? Then let's have a bet!” Yuki declared.

“Fine. What are the conditions?”

“If I get inside the overall top 10 then you will accept my confession and go out with me.”

Mayu was surprised to the condition. “What? Isn't that too much for a reward?”

“Are you afraid that I might win?” Yuki mockingly said.

“Wha-.. I'm sure you will not win. I accept the bet wholeheartedly.” Unknown to Mayu, she had completely fall to Yuki's trap.

‘I will surely win. I was just acting dumb in the tutorials.’ Yuki thought.

“What would I get if I win?” Mayu asked.

“Then I will stop having boyfriends and girlfriends until I graduate from high school.”

‘Her punishment lasts for 3 years and it seems harsh since I heard that she can only last 3 months without relationships.’ Mayu thought. “Okay, we will go with that.”

“Make more examples during the tutorial ne Mayu-chan.” Yuki happily said.

“Why should I help you win?” Mayu unbelievably asked.

“You have to tutor me or else I will tell Akimoto-sensei that you became lazy in teaching me.”

“Geh.” Mayu remembered that it's her obligation to teach Yuki and make sure she passes the exams with flying colors.

“Sorry for making you wait. This book had found a very good hiding place.” Haruna arrived and noticed Mayu's depressing aura. “What happen Watanabe-san?”

“It's nothing Kojima-san. I just felt Yuki-chan tricked me.” Haruna then turned her attention to Yuki who was happily eating the cake she bought.

TBC

Sorry if I took so long. School became busy. :sweatdrop:

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2014, 05:37:24 PM »
Oh dear Mayu feel in Yuki trap

I have the feelings that Yuki will get in top 10

please update soon

Offline soolim

« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2014, 12:00:55 AM »
Yuki seems pretty much confident about getting in the top 10...but will it be the case?!
I'm impatient to know  :P
I'm feeling guilty for Mayu-chan (which is weird since i'm not doing anything lol), Yuki playing like this with her is really bad.
And she enjoys it too much, wonder what could make Yuki like this.

Anyway,thank you for the update ^^

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 松井玲奈 looooooooooooooove~
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2014, 01:43:57 AM »
First yuki will surely get top 10

And then win her another bet

Ough how ugly the result will be come??

I'm sure after all that cruel bet,yuki never ever having mayu trust anymore,never!!!!

Oh mayuyu parent died cause some jealous bussiness?

Now im sure mayu is a rich person

Offline pattinium

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2014, 07:25:22 PM »
Thanks for the update !!  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

I'm kinda glad that Mayu didn't accept Yuki's confession in the first place  :twisted: :twisted:
But I hope Yuki will fall in love with Mayu, for real, really soon (or is she alr falling in love ?)
Anyway, Yuki will probably win the bet and they will become gf ! So excited ! Mayu will show her cuteness to Yukirin !! #Going crazy#

I enjoyed reading this chapter ! Thank youuuu  :heart: :heart: :heart:  :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline MayuxMatsuixMusic

• mayuyu oshi <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • oshiri~~!!!
« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2014, 05:19:07 AM »
An update!!!!!

Mayu gambatte!!!

mayuyu and rena is <3

mayuki and mayurena is my fav <3

Offline anakpanti

• anakpanti
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • プトゥリ
« Reply #67 on: February 13, 2014, 12:36:29 AM »
You know Konoe-san.... I'm really happy that you decided to became an author.  XD
You're an amazing author.... an awesome story-teller. Your fic is getting better and better!  :D

Well... it feels like forever to wait your update (again).  :lol:
But I didn't feel disappointed at all to wait it, because this chap was very-very-very interesting.

Based on my own thought, Mayu wasn't only smart in her study... but she was really smart in observing people as well.
I mean.... she always knew (or at least had a feeling) when Yuki began her sly trick. Wow.

Yuki.... Tch! She loves Mayu, she just didn't realize it.
But well.... every 'player' need some 'lessons', right?  :lol:
I must admitted that Yuki is an incredible player... woke up earlier to spend more time with Mayu, feeding Mayu with that fucking fork, looking for a job for Mayu, and THAT BET!!! She did 2 bets in the same time... grrrr!! *I'm growling here.  :lol:*
I'm sure Yuki will win, but.... it won't last too long because Mayu will do her revenge --> based on your prologue.  XD

I love how you make both characters... character's gap (rich-poor, ugly-pretty, bad-good, smart-dumb) is always make the story more interesting. :)

Okay.. lastly, please-please-please! Update the next chapter faster.  :lol:

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: February 13, 2014, 02:36:44 PM »
I love how you make both characters... character's gap (rich-poor, ugly-pretty, bad-good, smart-dumb) is always make the story more interesting. :)

OKAY~~~~~~~~!!! I AGREE MOST ALL PUTRI-SAMA SAID KHUKHUKHU   8) BUT....

RICH-POOR~~~REALLY??   :yawn:    I MEAN REALLY??? I DUNN THINK MAYU WAS THAT POOR

UGLY-PRETTY........OH C'MON WE KNOW THE BEAST ALWAYS END UP HANDSOME IN THE END...

BAD-GOOD.....WELL YUKI IS NOT THAT BAD YOU KNOW? SHE JUST HAVING FUN, AND DOING FUN THINK IS NOT BAD, SMILE IS GOOD FOR YOU  :cathappy:

SMART-DUMB.....NO ONES DUMB,LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

OK IT'S ALITTLE BIT MESSAGE FOR PUTRI

DEAR PUTRI SAN WHERE YOU PUT YOUR HAND ON KEYBOARD,WROTE YOUR UPDATE KEKEKEKE!!!!

KONO CHAAAAAAAAAAN!!! HEHE :thumbsup

Offline Konoe

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mayu Mayu Mayuyu
    • kibouteki48
Re: [Mayuki] It Started With A Bet Chapter 5 02/15/14
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2014, 03:38:49 AM »
Replies:

@Kirozoro: You think Yuki will win this new bet too? :D

@soolim: You are feeling guilty because you know Yuki's real intentions. :(

@gek geki:
I'm sure after all that cruel bet,yuki never ever having mayu trust anymore,never!!!!

Of course!

About Mayu's wealth. If you are talking about her family, yes they are wealthy. But if you are talking about Mayu who tries hard to live by herself without her family's wealth and her uncle's little help, she is between middle and lower class.

@pattinium: You will see a little hint in this chapter about what Yuki is starting to feel towards Mayu.

@MayuxMAtsuixMusic: LOL. Ganbatte Mayu! XD

@anakpanti: Stop it~ You're making me blush with your first three sentences. :shy1: You are amazing yourself Putri. I'm sorry for the longer gap in updating. :kneelbow:
Based on my own thought, Mayu wasn't only smart in her study... but she was really smart in observing people as well.
I mean.... she always knew (or at least had a feeling) when Yuki began her sly trick. Wow.

Yup, but she still need to improve her observation and trust her instinct more.

I must admitted that Yuki is an incredible player... woke up earlier to spend more time with Mayu, feeding Mayu with that fucking fork, looking for a job for Mayu, and THAT BET!!! She did 2 bets in the same time... grrrr!! *I'm growling here.  :lol:*

Karma will definitely go after Yuki. Yuki is hardworking in a wrong way and reason. 

Chapter 5

Yuki never failed to walk to school with Mayu everyday and since Mayu decided to work at Haruna's shop everyday because her condo is just near the shop. Yuki has also started to walk Mayu home. Mayu was usually given a work in the kitchen while Yuki was often forced to help in the cashier with sweets as a payment.

Today Haruna got an order to make a layered cake for a birthday party. Mayu was helping Haruna to make the layers of cake in the kitchen.

“Kojiharu-san?” Mayu is now calling Haruna Kojiharu-san because the other part-timer, which Mayu only saw once, annoyed her to call her boss at such familiarity. Haruna didn't dislike the idea and also helped in annoying Mayu to call her with her nickname.

“Yes?”

“I've been wondering... How come I only saw Takahashi-san here once?” Mayu asked as she never saw the small girl ever since.

“She has classes in the university from afternoon until the evening so she only works here in the morning.”

“I see.” But there was something else Mayu was curious about ever since she saw the small girl. “Kojiharu-san?”

“Yes?”

“How long have you known each other?” Mayu asked as she poured a batch of mixture in the cake pan.

“Ever since our university had a cake contest. I was a third year that time while Takamina was a first year.”

“So Takamina-san is 2 years younger..”

“Actually we are the same age.”

“Eh?”

“Takamina shifted from her first course after her second year.”

“Really?” Haruna only nodded and was focused on the cake. “Kojiharu-san?”

“Yes?” Haruna replied without any hint of annoyance. They were busy making some important cake yet Mayu kept on asking something unrelated to baking.

“Is she courting you?”

“Ah!” Haruna was surprised by Mayu's question and almost dropped the electric hand mixer. “What made you ask that?”

“Etou.. She was always looking at you and she had always tried to do something impressive but..” Mayu did not want to finish her sentence because she doesn't want to badmouth others but Haruna finished her sentence.

“She always fails and ends up looking funny.”

“Uh.”

“She is courting me and it started a year ago.” Haruna said sadly.

“You had known each other for a long time. Why are you not yet answering her?” Mayu wondered. Yuki was doing the same thing for her but she is not yet sure of Yuki's attitude and they had just recently really knew each other personally. Mayu was also not sure of her feelings. Meanwhile Haruna and Minami had known each other since college and now Haruna is already working. Haruna must have figured out her feelings. What is stopping her from answering Minami?

“Let's just say there is something lacking of what I feel for Takamina.”

“What is it?”

“I don't know.” Haruna said but Mayu felt that the older girl was lying. Mayu stopped her questioning as she felt that she was already prying too much with her boss' relationship when it's just only her first week in the shop.

“Is there something else bothering you Mayu-san?”

“I don't really understand those things. Love stuff.”

“How about your parents?” Haruna unknowingly made Mayu remember a lonely past.

“My parents died when I was around 2 years old so I...” Haruna immediately apologized for her careless question in which Mayu forgave. “Anyway, what I don't really understand is how will you know you like or love someone? I never liked someone romantically as far as I can remember.”

“You are still young. Even I haven't fell in love with someone during middle school. But since its feelings when you're in love is what you're asking. Hm, how should I put it?” Haruna turned the electric mixer off and tried to think clearly.

“From what I had experience, every time I'm near to that person I started to get nervous and my heart beats very fast but there are times when I feel very contented and comfortable with her. Just a simple physical contact can drive me crazy and think about it the whole night. She makes me want to hold and touch her more. My eyes will always look for her.  Not seeing her for the whole day can make my day depressing. She is my sunshine after all.” Haruna finished. The sparkling in Haruna's eyes was not missed by Mayu and she could tell that Haruna seems to love someone but it's definitely not Minami because Haruna made it sound like the person she loves is far from her.

“Mayu, once you feel that you're in love please do find a way to get it or else you will regret it.” Haruna said in a serious but painful tone, clearly speaking from experience.

“Hai.” Mayu said.

“Great. Oh, how many layers are still left?” Haruna change the subject with ease and they continued to focus on making the cake.

Yuki's POV

This week has been busy. Kojiharu's shop is getting more orders everyday. I guess it's because Valentine’s Day is today. I even saw Takamina yesterday. She skipped her classes just to help us. I really wanted help in the kitchen but they ordered me to stay at the counter. Geez, couldn't they just at least trust me a little in handling those mixing stuff.

“Yuki-chan, you can go ahead.” I snapped from my thoughts and looked at Mayu who was beside me. I successfully walked her to school today too.

“Ok.” I replied. This always happen everyday too. After arriving at school we always part ways at the entrance and then she would go to that garden. I really wonder of what could she be doing there and it's freezing outside! These gloves I'm wearing were useless because my hands are still cold. I remembered when I was a first year that garden looks very abandoned with withered plants. It also looks haunted to me. Maybe Mayu loves horror and she made it into a cemetery where she buries the people whose brain she had eaten!

*Smack*

Ow.. I say I pretty much smacked myself hard. I didn't get any sleep yesterday. Kojiharu was with me the whole night trying to teach me how to make chocolates for someone who is namely Mayu. Of course I didn't tell her who I will give the chocolates to. Well in the end Kojiharu ended up making it by herself because the kitchen became really dirty from the mess I made and I made a lot of failed chocolates. We spent more hours in cleaning rather than baking. Creating food is really bothersome.

Since it's too early I might as well take a nap at the classroom. My eyes felt heavy and I really tried hard to keep talking to Mayu a while ago. All my energy has been drained.

“Great..” My shoe locker is filled with letters. The guys must have noticed that I'm still single for a long time and now they're attacking. I can't play with them now. Mayu takes such a long time to crack. It feels that my confession didn't have that much effect on her and she has also started to get comfortable walking with me. She's still treating me as a friend.

As much as I want to make my brain work and find another strategy to get Mayu's heart, I'm too sleepy. This bet has been really exhausting me. I'm starting to doubt if I can win against Mocchi. Until now I'm still friend zoned by Mayu. This rarely happens to me. I guess I did the wrong strategy.

I'm starting to become negative. This won't do. “Come on Yuki! Nobody can resist you. Fight!” I must have looked like an idiot. Suddenly shouting early in the morning. Good thing it's too early that students would still want to sleep in their soft comfy bed in this cold weather. I really wish that my bed is here too. Never mind the classroom. I will go to the infirmary instead.

“Classes are finally finished. Now I can go to Mayu but before that.” I took out some band aids from my bag and stick them to my hands. “Got to show her how ‘much’ I had worked hard.” I calmly made my way to the library. I usually arrived there first and today Mayu was surprisingly there already.

“Mayu-chan, what topic will we discuss today.” I enthusiastically asked as I sat down beside her and placed my bag at the table.

“What happened to your hands?” Mayu worryingly asked. Heh. Okay Yuki. It's time to do some more acting in the whole duration of this tutorial. I have to act shy and nervous so that when I gave to her the chocolates Kojiharu made I will be able to give a more adorable image. I'm sure she will find it touching too.

“T-this is.. Nothing. I was just being careless and got burns and some cuts.” I said making sure that I sounded shy.

“I didn't notice those this morning.” Mayu mumbled.

“Silly. I was wearing gloves this morning so how will you see it?”

“You're right.” Mayu looked at my hands again. “That's quite a lot of band aids. Can you write without feeling any pain?” I can totally feel her concern towards me. I feel a little bad for putting too many band aids but wait... Maybe I can still make more use of this fake injury.

“Actually, it hurts a little but the pain is bearable.”

“I will be your hand today.” Mayu declared.

“Eh? I'm really fine. You don't have to do that.”

“I don't want your wounds to get worse and to prolong its stay so for you I will write anything you want to write. You are banned to use your hands, understand?” She is really a caring person. She's making me feel weird right now. Am I happy? If yes, maybe because she is showing more concern to me. That must be it. It's not because all my life everybody lets me do what I want and never cares of whatever I did whether it's good or bad.

“Yes ma'am.”

Mayu was truthful to her words. When she gave me the activity sheet she was the one who wrote my answers while I dictate it to her. She didn't say anything while filling my papers. Since I'm sitting at her right I couldn't see well what she's writing so I used this as an excuse to scoot closer to her.

“Wait. I want to change my answer in number 14 but I'm not sure.” I said while slowly moving my head closer to Mayu. Mayu confusingly looked at my direction since my answer to that number was surely right. Mayu was clueless to my moves and was surprised with our very close distance. Our faces were too near and Mayu seems like she froze.

It made me realize that this is the first time I was this near to her. I only now noticed the small mole under her right lower eyelid. I haven't got the chance to look at her beautiful eyes properly because her big eyeglasses are in the way. Her silk skin becomes nothing because of her big ugly glasses. Her hairstyle also makes her less pretty. If only she didn't part it in the middle with the two small bangs hanging at the edge of her glasses.

And her lips. Why is it glowing now? Or has it always been glowing? I move even closer to Mayu. I want to taste her lips. I'm curious to her taste. I don't care if she would slap me. She knew I don't intend to be her friend forever anyway. I closed my eyes anticipating for our lips to touch.

“Mnph.....” This is strange. What I'm kissing is definitely not a lip of a human. I slowly opened my eyes and saw a blushing Mayu in a fair distance away from me and my lips were in contact with her ballpen.

“I'm sorry. I got carried away.” I apologized. I'm really embarrassed with my failed attempt to kiss Mayu. I felt my face getting warmer despite the cold air produced by the aircon and the weather. My heart is also pumping more blood than the usual.

“W-what was it th-that you wanted to change?” It's been a while since Mayu stuttered. Hearing it now in this situation makes her stuttering cute.

“I was thinking... To uh. Nevermind. I think there is no need to change in my answer.” I really want to change my right answer into wrong so that Mayu will have more things to correct to me later but I lost the courage to say it. I'm feeling very nervous right now. I don't know why and my heart rate is not yet stable.

I think I'm doing a good job in being shy and nervous but the problem was that I was not acting. I don't know what happened to me today. Maybe it's still because of the lack of sleep... But I missed the morning subjects because I overslept at the infirmary... I don't want to think anymore!

“Yuki-chan are alright? You had this problematic face for a while now.” Mayu said. We are now heading to Kojiharu's shop.

“I'm fine.” I'm not fine! I was supposed to give the chocolates to her after the tutorial but my nervousness was still with me. Even now I'm still nervous. What is going on with my feelings today?! Why am I so nervous? The chocolate I'm bringing right now is purely made by Kojiharu yet why? Is it because this is the first time I will a chocolate to someone? But I feel that it's not because of that. I need to get over this and the only way is to give the chocolate to Mayu.

“Mayu-chan!” I accidentally shouted despite her just being next to me.

“Yes?!” Mayu was startled.

“Happy Valentine’s Day! Please accept this!” I presented to her the chocolates and I bowed down too.

“Eh? Ah. Thank you.” I felt the box slowly out from my grip. I got another chance to see Mayu blushing.

This is strange. The nervousness is still here with me. I give up. I'm going home! “Mayu-chan I have some stuff to do at home so I can't walk you home. See you tomorrow.” I didn't bother to listen to Mayu's respond. I'm too embarrassed so I dashed in going home.

End of Yuki's POV

Mayu entered the shop with disbelief. Yuki had done a lot of surprising stuff today and she was acting strange too.

“Mayu-san, Yuki is not with you?” Haruna asked Mayu.

“She said she had to do something at home.”

Haruna gave a smirk. “That kid must have given the chocolate to the one she likes.”

“You knew about it?”

“She asked for my help yesterday after she walked you home. I tried to teach her but she failed miserably. You see that box?” Haruna pointed to a box filled with strange shaped chocolates. “Those are made by Yuki. I suggest you shouldn't eat those. They are dangerous.” Haruna warned because Mayu looked like she wanted to try Yuki's creations.

“My teachings were useless. I ended up making the chocolate that she was about to give. That kid is really hopeless in the kitchen. Whoever it is that receives her chocolate is very lucky that he didn't get to eat Yuki’s real handmade chocolates.” Haruna said before entering the kitchen.

“Then the one Yuki-chan gave to me was not made by her but by Kojiharu-san.” Mayu open the box which truly contained Yuki's handmade chocolates.

“Guh! Why is this chocolate too bitter? And this one is sour. This is too sweet.” Mayu commented as she tasted Yuki's creations. “You are truly hopeless in the kitchen Yuki-chan. But at least I tasted your hard work.” Mayu blushed remembering Yuki being extremely adorable today, fidgeting in her chair while Mayu was teaching her. “I will not let your injuries go to waste. I will eat all these… chocolates.” Mayu gulped hard.

“What should I give to Yuki-chan on White Day?” Mayu smiled at the thought.

TBC

Offline chichay12

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • atsumina for life....
« Reply #70 on: February 15, 2014, 04:02:45 AM »

A KISS please  :on hypto:

update soon :on gay:

Offline MayuxMatsuixMusic

• mayuyu oshi <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • oshiri~~!!!
« Reply #71 on: February 15, 2014, 08:23:48 AM »
yuki is falling in love with mayu now~~

mayu sounds like a boy there XD

i hope yukirin will make a make-over at mayu

update
mayuyu and rena is <3

mayuki and mayurena is my fav <3

Offline soolim

« Reply #72 on: February 15, 2014, 01:04:28 PM »
WOW that's a change, Yuki beginning to feel things she can't understand!!
I'm quite happy about that even if i know there is still along way to go ;)
I'm afraid Mayu will have a stomach problem if she really eat all the chocolates made by Yuki xD

Offline Kirozoro

• Member+
  • WMatsui, Atsumina, Mayuki couple forever!!
« Reply #73 on: February 15, 2014, 01:51:31 PM »
Wah~ Yuki so cute...I'm curios what Mayu going to give Yuki on White Day

Please update soon

Offline gek geki

• 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈 松井玲奈
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2014, 07:36:35 AM »
Maybe she will give yuki a kisa on the xxxx plus another give

And yuki heart going to be doki2 like hell!!!!

Offline chiqinna

• Member+
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2014, 07:41:42 AM »

A KISS please  :on hypto:

update soon :on gay:

YESH PLEASE~~~~~  :luvluv2:

Sorry Konoe-san~ I could not comment often~  :sweatdrop:
being so lazy nowadays~  :fainted:
anyway~ its seem Mayu is always being secured nee~
and yah! Yuki~~ she's starting to feel...ermm...you know~~ LOVE~!  :heart: :heart: :heart:
I will be waiting for your next update ~!  :twothumbs :twothumbs :twothumbs

Offline FNK23

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [MaYuki] It Started With A Bet Chapter 5 02/15/14
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2014, 01:54:52 PM »
i'm waiting for the day that someone will notice Mayu's beauty and do some makeover towards her. :whistle:

Offline pattinium

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: February 17, 2014, 05:54:14 PM »
Yukirin !!!!!!!!! Please wake up and figure out your feeling alr !!!

I wanna see fluff and romantic stuff   :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I kind of wonder who is the person Haruna thinking of... Poor Takamina....  :cry: :cry: :cry:

Anyway... Looking forward to White day chapter now !! (If there's gonna be one)  :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Thanks for update as always :)

Offline Haruto Lee

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Nothing to do
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2014, 11:28:48 AM »
 :glasses: Yuki started to fall in love with Mayu! B-but she still haven't realize it.

It is really romantic when Yuki gave Mayu her baked chocolate but is it save to eat? I don't want Mayu to die because of food poisoning!

:hiakhiakhiak: :hiakhiakhiak: :hiakhiakhiak:

Just kidding!

Anyway thx for updating and I am waiting for your new update!

Offline kurogumi

• X&Y
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • WMATSUI, MAYUKI, GEKIBLACK, RENAIRIN, JURIMAYU
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2014, 01:24:34 PM »
dont tell me you will update the brand new update on the white day?? god that was too long LOL
RENA-SAMA!!!

YUKI-SAMA!!!

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Arashi - Run away Train