JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - 1,2,3

Author Topic: E3 2014 (June 10-12)  (Read 5085 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
E3 2014 (June 10-12)
« on: June 05, 2014, 10:02:05 PM »
Time to get hyped! E3 is right around the corner and it's worth getting excited over. If last year was about introducing the new next-gen consoles, then this year will surely have to be on games. There hasn't been that many games out since launch and the big three need to come out and show everyone the good stuff in order to keep them interested. The big story last year was how Sony was able to outgun Microsoft in every aspect so what's to come this year? Will Sony unveil some important first party exclusives to keep the momentum going or will Microsoft come out with some title that will make the jaded hardcore finally take notice? What about Nintendo, do they have tricks to unveil? It's always a good time. Here's the current schedule on the big press conferences:

Microsoft    Monday June 9th at 5.30pm (GMT)   
EA  Monday, June 9th at 8pm (GMT)
Ubisoft  Monday, June 9th at 11pm (GMT)
Sony  Tuesday, June 10th at 2.00AM (GMT)
Nintendo  Tuesday, June 10th at 5pm (GMT)

The hype train has already started with the reveal of the E3 trailer for The Witcher 3, possibly my mostly anticipated game right now :drool:

What games are you looking forward to? In terms of confirmed games I'd really want to see more about:

- The Witcher 3
- Uncharted 4
- Batman : Arkham Knight
- Assassins Creed Unity
- Metal Gear Solid 5
- Final Fantasy XV
- Bayonetta 2

And in terms of games that aren't confirmed to be shown but are hinted at appearing and I can live in hope:

- New Zelda
- New Metroid
- Project Beast (a codename for a game strongly hinted to be Demons Souls 2)
- Mirrors Edge 2
- Dishonored 2
- Kingdom Hearts 3
- The Last Guardian (....what? I can hope.)

And games that aren't rumoured to show at all and will probably never appear at this show or future shows to come but goddammit Simon you still have to live in hope because the reality of it not coming out is too soul crushing to comprehend:

- Shenmue 3

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: E3 2014 (June 10-12)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 10:21:42 PM »
I marked this on my calendar, I'm just ready to geek out watching streams even if I probably won't be playing any of these games any time soon, if ever :lol: I have a weird relationship with video games.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 09:01:55 PM »
^ I think it's pretty cool Shi, just like you. :)

Well screw any chances of more footage of FFXV or Kingdom Hearts 3. Square Enix confirmed there won't be anything new to see with these two. Disappointing. With those out of the way, the stage is set for Xenoblade 2 for the Wii U to be the stand out JRPG of the show. Made by the same people who made the critically acclaimed Xenoblade for the Wii, this new game for the Wii U looks to achieve the same sense of scale, if not even grander than before with the power the Wii U provides. As you can see here, it looks stunning:

I have heard growing rumours of Fallout 4 to be shown there as well which would be very interesting to see a new Bethesda game on a next gen console.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 09:09:29 PM by Tuffty »

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 07:38:52 AM »
^ New next gen Fallout would be hnnnggggg (although I heard somewhere it probably won't be there) Also more No Man's Sky please!

Really my excitement for E3 is always pretty much composed of:

50% New Game announcements
50% Metal Gear Solid trailers

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 10:38:28 PM »
Just to make everyone aware, if you're interested, there will be activity in the JPH!P IRC tomorrow for the announcements where we can watch it together. We can gape at the games they show plus laugh at any awkward presentations (there's always one every year). Come along whenever you can, if you can. Should be a good laugh.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 05:37:36 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 08:22:18 PM »

Looks pretty damn good :thumbup

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 05:39:59 PM »

MY BODY IS READY!

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 06:12:40 PM »
To, me there's no news better than:
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 09:41:27 PM »
Well...fuck, where do I begin?! There's been quite a few reveals yesterday alone and the good news keeps on coming after Nintendo's conference today. New, exciting looking Zelda, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles. Something I've personally been anticipating for a long time now is the hope of Final Fantasy Type Zero coming out at all and it was just revealed today that it will be coming to Xbox One, PS4 and Vita as an HD Remaster!

About the press conferences yesterday, I think Sony took it for me. Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, No Mans Sky, Arkham Knight, Far Cry 4 all look great. MS absolutelyhad the better approach this year, and with an exclusive game made by Hideki Kamiya (DMC, Bayonetta...) called Scalebound, I just have to take notice of it now too. Ubisoft was good, I liked the Assassins Creed footage and Rainbow Six at the end was a cool reveal. EA though....pretty disappointing. They've gone no further with Battlefront or Mirrors Edge 2, just showing some very early proof of concept stuff, not even showing levels. A new Mass Effect game is coming...and that's about it. Maybe next year they'll be in a better position to show off something cool.

But gosh what else? I'll pick my best from the press conferences yesterday. Starting off with what might be my pick of the best, most exciting looking game to come out of E3. Sounds so ambitious I want to believe!

No Man's Sky

No Man's Sky is a science-fiction game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated universe.

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

Developed by Hello Games, the indie studio behind PS3 hit Joe Danger, No Man's Sky is a science-fiction game without limits. If you see a mountain, you can trek there. If you see a planet hanging on the horizon, it's a real place, with its own rich ecology of creatures and vegetation. You can get in your ship, fly into space and it's yours to explore. Not just that, but every star in the sky is just the light of a sun, with its own solar system waiting for you to discover and adventure in.]

The Witcher 3

Batman : Arkham Knight

Uncharted 4 (That's right this trailer is in-engine footage, 1080p, 60fps. Good lord this looks pretty)

Metal Gear Solid 5 : The Phantom Pain

Bloodborne (yeh I know, CG trailer, but made by Hidetaka Miyazaki (Demons/Dark Souls), I can't help but get excited by what they hint at here)

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:52:29 PM by Tuffty »

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 01:13:07 AM »
I was pretty underwhelmed by all of the big three this year, I don't even remember much about Microsoft, the good stuff at Sony was all 3rd party stuff and Nintendo had a few exciting games that stood out the most.

For a winner this year? hum.. maybe Nintendo, but overall I wasn't blown away by them either, it's kind of sad :(

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2014, 08:00:05 AM »
Man seems like every game is 2015. Overall not a lot of surprises but there are a lot of games I'm looking forward to.

Conference impressions that stuck in my head~

Microsoft
- I loved the no bullshit 100% games
- Dragon Age: a game I will play, didn't really stand out in this instance.
- Assassins Creed: co-op looks like it could be a blast
- Sunset Overdrive looks more and more fun every time I see it
- That 1920s cartoon looking game and Inside grabbed my attention.
- Witcher 3: Sort of reminded me of hunting Griffins in Dragons Dogma.
- The Division: I'm actually kinda really hyped about it. Gives me a bit of a co-op Freedom Fighters vibe.

Sony
- WTF was all that bullshit talking about statistics and TV shows and Movies for half an hour. Ugh get that shit out of here. :/
- Destiny: Like Dragon Age also a game I will play.
- Bloodborne: Eh CG trailer. Should be amazing though being of the Souls lineage.
- WHO THE FUCK WROTE THE LETTERS ASKING FOR MORE ZOMBIE GAMES! STAHP IT! Also man Let it Die and Mortal Kombat are gory as hell. lol
- No Mans Sky: Amazing as usual.
- Metal Gear V: DAT FUCKING PERFECT SONG. Can't wait to recruit an army of sheep to patrol my custom off shore Mother Base wooooo!

- GTA5: Reminds me I STILL have it sitting around and haven't beat it. :doh:
- Batman:

I haven't played any of the Batman games since AA but WOWEEE at that presentation.
- I gotta be honest when he said one last game that embodies the Playstation spirit. . . I got a little Last Guardian tingle. :lol: But it was just Uncharted 4.

Nintendo
- Easily the best put together show of the big 3. Probably helps a lot not doing it live.
- Man so much smash brothers. Never been into Smash Brothers much myself. The CEO fight and Robot Chicken stuff actually was pretty. lol
- Yoshi's Woolly World: OMG so soft!  : 3
- Zelda: Fuuuuuck that is one beautiful looking game
- Maker Mario: verrry interesting

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2014, 03:21:07 PM »
I unfortunately only got to watch Nintendo's presentation, but I'm pretty much excited for everything coming out (especially Zelda, Yoshi, and Smash Bros.)

I JUST started playing Dragon Age Origins, so DAI is something I'm totally interested in and it looks gorgeous!!! Same with the new Batman game, really. I don't own any next gen systems except the Wii U, but after this conference, I'm considering a PS4. I was telling Tuffty yesterday that these next couple of years for gaming look GREAT. I'm so excited to be a gamer, honestly.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2014, 10:56:57 PM »
Wasn't announced from Nintendo until the post-show, probably because it's been out in Europe earlier this year, but now will get a US release:

Still waiting for Capcom to finally work on the 2nd Miles Edgeworth game...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2014, 11:12:23 PM »
I was telling Tuffty yesterday that these next couple of years for gaming look GREAT. I'm so excited to be a gamer, honestly.

Hell yeah! Some really promising looking games coming out, across a variety of genres, at a time where they're more accessible than ever through physical or digital means. When you look at how things are, compared to even 5 years ago, we're pretty spoilt for choice.

They announced Pacman as a new character for Smash Bros Brawl!

Didn't think I would see all those classic characters in one game before!

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg Bayonetta!!! :heart: It's just a good business decision to include the first game within it as well. It's great that Nintendo players will finally get their chance to play one of the best action games ever. The sequel's looking pretty tasty too!

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2014, 01:12:32 PM »
^ Seeing Megaman in the new Super Smash Bros really did it for me.

The trailer didn't exactly show much gameplay at all, but damn, seeing that there'll be a new Star Wars Battlefront is exciting!! I still have Star Wars BF2 on PS2 and it's still one of my favourite games. Imagining that sort of gameplay with the graphics teased in the trailer is making my mouth water. I have to say I was also really impressed with the story of the campaign mode in BF2, so I'm looking forward to what they come up for this game.

I was a bit sad to see Insomniac Games making an Xbox One exclusive, considering how they started out with a PS1 exclusive and stuck with Sony for a good while. I guess Microsoft just made the better offer this time. Sunshine Overdrive looks like a ton of fun, so I'm probably just jealous, ha.

From the what I've seen of EA, I'd be looking at getting a WiiU if I were to go for any of the new consoles (even if Little Big Planet 3 is tempting).

Grim Fandango revamp. Huuuuuuu!!!!

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - 1,2,3