JPHiP Radio (34/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Salyu - Uee

Author Topic: Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Short hiatus (likely to end after March)]  (Read 33126 times)

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
Re: Eccentric (TechiNeru, OzeUemu+) [Rest-stop (Aug. 30, 2018)]
« Reply #160 on: September 02, 2018, 10:59:04 PM »
Same as the previous couple surprised me and liked me a lot. This couple doesn't appeal to me.
Thanks for the chapter, I imagine it will be important for the development of the main story.
See you!

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [TEMP HIATUS]
« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2018, 05:30:38 AM »
@Minami-chan: Thank you for always reading and commenting! Your comments mean a lot to me (comments are like the fuel for my soul). The last two weeks, I've been pretty busy so I haven't had a chance to update.

I'll be taking a short hiatus (lol, somehow this happens a lot, doesn't it?) because school has started up and I have to deal with college applications. My first batch of applications is due November 1st, but hopefully I get the stuff done before then. For now, I probably won't be able to update Eccentric much.

See you later! I hope you'll continue reading Eccentric when I can finally update again.

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
Re: Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [TEMP HIATUS (possibly until Nov. 1?)]
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2018, 11:43:12 PM »
I hope you do well in the exams.
Give it all!

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
Eccentric (TechiNeru, Yuichanzu+) [Checkpoint 40 (Jan. 1, 2019)]
« Reply #163 on: January 02, 2019, 04:07:42 AM »
Happy New Year! I'm alive! And I'm very sorry for the long wait!! With a lot of things happening in 2018 and a lot of busy-ness for college applications on my part, I wasn't able to pull myself together to write Eccentric. But, alas, I love this story. And I want to keep writing, for Yuichanzu, for Manaka, and for Keyakizaka. (And of course, everyone who reads this fic. I love you all)

@Minami-chan: Thank you! I've finished up my college applications, so now what's left is to wait. But, finally... finally, the wait for Eccentric... is over (as far as I can see). Thank you for waiting.

Checkpoint 40

A school cultural festival was all that it should have been. Yet, her heart went cold at the silence around her as that person’s bitter sneer and that cracked phone screen revealed everything that she had been trying to bury away.

—It was all your fault.

—Did you really think you of all people could believe in friendship?

—Not when you-

She stumbled back a moment, her breath catching in her throat. The pain of that time back then seemed to come back like a ghost; it hurt inside and out. She wondered what she would see when she met their eyes. What she didn’t want to see was that so-familiar contempt.

This time, even if she hid behind a fringe, she wouldn’t be able to escape, but she still ran away.

For a moment, she caught her friend’s distracted eyes. At least one person would be too preoccupied with something else.

—Not yet.

The class had just finished voting on what activity to do for the upcoming cultural festival. Amidst the flurry of suggested plays, games, haunted houses, and more, the ultimate winner of their vote turned out to be a butler themed cafe.

The event was four days long, two for just students and staff, two for guests of varying statuses as well. Within the event, there were a myriad of smaller events.

It was break time. No matter the upcoming event, the Keyaki class still had classes, albeit shortened classes in the morning until one week before the festival.

Kobayashi Yui sat on a desk with her partner Imaizumi Yui. The Yuichanz pair had just signed up for the performing talent festival on day two of the cultural festival. Whether or not they would make a new song for the event, they hadn’t decided yet, but without thinking, the pair had begun humming a song to themselves.

Kobayashi Yui tapped her fingers to the rhythm of the song as she watched the smile on Imaizumi’s face. Of course, by now, nearly no one in the class called the two Yuis by their family names, the short Imaizumi getting oddly worked up over nicknames.

Imaizumi called out to Kobayashi, placing her chin on the taller Yui’s shoulder, “Yuipon.”

Yuipon responded, “What is it, Zuumin?” She had been so entranced by Zuumin’s smile that she had nearly failed to hear her name be called.

“I just wanted to call your name.”

Yuipon’s words found themselves lost on her tongue before she quickly got herself together and asked another question. “Do you want to brainstorm about our song together after school?”

“Sure.”

“KobaYui, Zuumin!” A cheerful voice broke through the two Yui’s conversation. Before Yuipon could even turn, Manaka dragged the usually cool Watanabe Risa over and smugly asked as if stating a fact, “Risa’s blushing, isn’t she?”

Risa sputtered, covering her face with the hand that she wasn’t letting Manaka hold onto, “Wait, why are you asking them?” The pink dusting her cheeks betrayed her affections for her girlfriend.

Manaka stated as she peered into Risa’s eyes, causing the blush to redden just a tad more, “I want to win.”

At that, Yuipon figured out that the cool pair had likely been playing the aishiteru game or some variation. Their friend group always got so rowdy playing games after all, and she had gotten wrapped in not few times along with other classmates like Nijika.

Yuipon glanced over to Zuumin for the judgement call. “So, what do you think?”

“Well, I don’t know…” The short Yui made a thinking noise, a small smile cracking through her feigned pondering expression.

Risa bluffed, “I’m not blushing.”

Zuumin turned back to Yuipon. “‘Aishiteru?’”

Yuipon blinked. “Huh?” Her cheeks reddened at the sudden word, her heart clenching as she saw Zuumin’s bright smile and laughter quickly after. She must have made a strange face.

“The verdict is Manaka’s victory!” Zuumin clapped her hands together as she proclaimed her decision.

Her smile appeared so open, yet Yuipon couldn’t decipher what the small girl who was her partner was thinking at all. Yuipon simply followed suit and clapped as well, “O-Oh. Congratulations on winning the game.”

Happily accepting the claps, Manaka commented to herself,  “One hit KO from our class’s Imaizumi.”

Risa nodded. “Yes, yes.” She said to Yuichanz before dragging Manaka off, “We’ll stop bothering you two now.”

Just as quickly as the pair had rushed over, they returned to their usual corner of the classroom with their friend group, which had started getting excited over some other topic. That let Yuipon and Zuumin come back to their conversations with just the two of them until their break ended.

Humming a quick tune, Zuumin met Yuipon’s eyes. “What were we talking about before?” Due to the sudden interruption, it seemed their talk had darted away from her mind.

Yuipon replied generally, “The cultural festival.”

“It is coming up soon after all. We’re doing a butler cafe, huh. Yuipon, you’d look good in a suit.”

“Really?”

Zuumin nodded earnestly. The short Yui looked around the room to check who else would look good in suits, seeing Hirate in one corner, Habu in the next, and then a gathering of tall people with Manaka and friends. Finally, she grumbled, “Rina-chan is my only comrade as a short person.”

The taller Yui responded with a wry chuckle, “You’ll keep growing probably. I think Zuumin will look good as a butler too.”

Light hearted chatting filled the rest of their break. Soon the bell rang, signalling the start of class.

Yuipon slipped off the desk, standing and thinking that she had to return to her seat when class started. She turned to Zuumin who had also gotten off the desk and lifted a hand to wave a see you later.

“Let’s brainstorm our song together after school.” Zuumin said as the two Yuis waved.

In the end, she had remembered what they had been talking about.

Class soon started. Sitting in her seat, Kobayashi Yui let the words of the lecturer enter one ear and exit the other. Her eyelids grew heavy. When she saw a slip of white paper on her desk, she opened it up sleepily.

Reading it, she realized that it was a note from her roommate Oda Nana. Although everyone in the class with a phone had each other’s LINE and, despite the disciplinary failures of this attitude, it wasn’t particularly hard to secretly use their phones to chat during class, Oda wanted to have fun with some old fashioned note passing.

Yuipon dug out a pen and scribbled a little with it to make sure there was still ink. Then, she replied to the note, passing it back to Oda Nana.

The note went delivered to Suzumoto next. Soon enough, it was back to Yuipon and then to Oda and Suzumoto. As the small paper filled up, they replaced it with a new slip or sometimes a sticky note.

When Yuipon looked toward where their short haired friend was, she spotted Hirate Yurina sleeping. Neru who sat close by gestured with a finger in front of her mouth not to wake up Yurina.

Yuipon silently mouthed an affirmative.

A part of her wished that she could have a bond like the two roommates appeared to share. Another part felt surprised at that sudden thought. Yet another part began to think about a girl who had placed a new melody of the sun into her life. She shook away those thoughts.

Yuipon mused quietly, “I wonder what sort of dreams she’s having.”

« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 01:26:24 AM by Shinoki »

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
Re: Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Checkpoint 40 (Jan. 1, 2019)] THANK YOU FOR WAITING
« Reply #164 on: January 06, 2019, 11:35:08 PM »
Great!
I'm very happy to have you back.
This new chapter seems to open another story arc with new characters (the two Yuis).
We will see the outcome of it.

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Checkpoint 41 (Jan. 8, 2019)]
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2019, 01:25:20 AM »
I'm going to do my best and maintain weekly updates for this arc. While I'm not super satisfied with this checkpoint, I hope you enjoy! Entering the Yuichanzu arc, these peaceful days too will start to crack once more.

@ Minami-chan: Thanks! This is the Yuichanzu arc.

Checkpoint 41

Hirate Yurina couldn’t remember what she had been dreaming. As lunch rolled around, the groups within the class moving their desks together, the short haired girl offhandedly thought upon looking at Kobayashi Yui that the taller Yui in the class seemed to have been the main character for a first half of the dream. What the dream had been, she could not remember. Yet, she had slept more sweetly than expected on the hard desk.

Still groggy at having just woken up, at the slightest prompting from Neru, she opened her mouth and found a small homemade omelette be placed in her mouth.

Neru asked teasingly, “Yurina-chan, did you sleep well?”

The short haired girl nodded, chewing on the omelette that melted in her mouth with a sweetness not just from the flavor of the food.

Neru filled Yurina in, noting that her roommate and girlfriend had filtered out the beginning parts of the group’s conversation, “We were just talking about the cultural festival.”

“Like Yuipon’s performance with Zuumin.” Oda Nana piped up.

“It’s going to be a surprise for the talent show.” Kobayashi Yui said in response to Oda Nana’s statement. “Though we haven’t made our song for it yet.”

Taking in the information, Yurina said, “I’m looking forward to it.”

If the short haired girl had to comment, she would say that she liked hearing the two Yuis sing, something that had become a routine for the class whenever the pair was in the mood.

Offhandedly, the short haired girl noted that Yuipon was sitting with them today and Zuumin with Yuuka’s group. Yuichanz had been active, and Oda Nana had been lonely according to Oda Nana herself lately.

“Yuichanz’s first live performance at Sakamichi.” Neru stated as if tasting a phrase of words. She giggled, “We should record it so when you two become big hits in the future, we can brag about seeing it.”

Yuipon choked on her drink halfway through a sip.

Yurina added onto the joke that Neru started, “Yuichanz’s first single with the title track their first song Shibuyagawa.” She thought that it sounded quite doable.

“Ah, next is Yuichanz’s first Music Station?” Suzumoto wondered aloud.

“Yuichanz’s first photobook-” Oda Nana started.

Yuipon cut them off, embarrassed, “You’re all getting carried away!”

Oda Nana proclaimed, “I’m ready to be the official photographer any time now.”

“Aren’t you alread-” Suzumoto furrowed her brows in thought as she trailed herself off.

Neru quickly reached the same realization as Suzumoto, “Oh, that fansite…”

Letting out an exasperated sigh, Yuipon took a bite of her lunch. She pretended as if she hadn’t just heard what her friends had mentioned, not needing an exploration of her roommate’s usual antics.

Yurina shifted the topic, “By the way, what do you think the butler cafe will be like?” Happy to continue eating the bento made for her by Neru, the short haired girl waited for the conversation to move.

—Icarus fell when he flew too close to the sun.

—Blindly.

—You haven’t forgotten, have you?

When lunch ended, the Keyaki class began the first stages of the cultural festival’s preparations. Along with explanations on the schedule, the rules on inviting guests and whatnot, as well as a Keyaki class specific reminder on points gained from the event, Sugai Yuuka and Sato Shiori went up to the front of the classroom to organize the group into committees in charge of the various parts of the preparations.

The event was a large one of four days. Day one was just for students and staff to enjoy like a test run. Day two was for guests of important people related to the school, and organized events were held on that day. Day three was for all guests invited. The final day was for students again with other miscellaneous events that did not require signing up.

Although the long explanation came from Sato’s mouth one way or another, the class ultimately decided to tack the handout with the information they received from a teacher somewhere on the wall in the classroom as a reminder.

Kobayashi Yui found herself in the group in charge of the crossdressing committee for the class’ butler cafe. Her short singing partner had found her way to the food committee. The third committee was the cafe layout organization committee with the artistic Sato and surprisingly skilled calligrapher Ozeki.

The crossdressing committee took over one corner of the classroom for their first discussion.

Nijika raised her hand to inquire as they started, “What does the crossdressing committee do?”

The group paused, silent. No one actually had a response beyond a rough idea that they were in charge of the crossdressing part of the butler cafe, and the name of their committee didn’t elaborate.

“Costumes, right?” Yuipon hesitantly put out, an awkward smile at the silence.

Koike then wondered aloud, “Characterization too?”

Habu clapped her hands together, understanding what her roommate meant, “Like a maid cafe where the maids have phrases and characters!”

“Like stage names?” Nijika asked as well.

“Let’s figure out what we’re going to do and how we’re going to do it first and go from there.” Yurina interrupted before the group got carried away, causing everyone to turn to the short haired girl.

“This looks like it’ll be fun.” Watanabe Rika softly said, causing Yuipon who hadn’t noticed her quiet classmate beside her to jump.

Yuipon nodded, “Yea.”

Peeking out the corner of her eye to where the food committee had gathered, she saw that Zuumin looked to be having fun as well, a bright smile fluttering across that girl’s expression. Yet, for some reason, she felt a little miffed upon seeing Oda Nana suddenly hug the short Yui from behind.

Zuumin noticed Yuipon and waved, mouthing almost indecipherably, “Let’s make this a success.”

Yuipon waved back, mouthing her own set of words and feeling silly that she had been so obvious as to be noticed. Then she tore her eyes away from the food committee’s corner, knowing she would watch entranced forever if she didn’t.

“Let’s make this a success.” Yuipon repeated her partner’s words aloud to no one in particular, Zuumin’s smile contagious, and looked toward Yurina who the team had entrusted leadership to.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 04:47:22 AM by Shinoki »

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
Re: Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Checkpoint 41 (Jan. 8, 2019)]
« Reply #166 on: January 10, 2019, 01:22:38 PM »
Thanks for the new chapter
waiting to see what happens in the "Butler Cafe" that the girls are going to do in the school cultural festival..

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Checkpoint 42 (Jan. 20, 2019)]
« Reply #167 on: January 21, 2019, 04:46:23 AM »
I thought I would get a Checkpoint .5 in as well tonight, but let's treat it as something for tonight in a different time zone then. This Checkpoint is more dialogue than I expected, but I hope you enjoy.

@Minami-chan: Thanks for reading as always! Before the butler cafe really comes into play, Yuichanzu will be dealing with their plans for the talent show event.

Checkpoint 42

After school, their time together finally arrived. The moments between had dissipated into a distant memory.

Fingers on the strings of the guitar, Kobayashi Yui absentmindedly watched her partner Imaizumi Yui narrate how the first day of preparations for the food committee part of the class had gone. They were alone in an unused music room to practice for the cultural festival.

With the afternoon sun filtering in through the drawn curtains, Zuumin’s smile seemed dazzling to the eyes. Lyrics fluttered through Yuipon’s head. The windows felt like they had opened, curtains blowing with the wind, sheets of music blowing away, and then it cut off.

Zuumin’s face was right in front of Yuipon’s. The shorter Yui asked, curiously, noticing that Yuipon’s hand on the guitar had fallen to side and that Yuipon was gazing off somewhere else. “Yuipon, are you listening?”

“Ah, sorry. I zoned out.” Yuipon sheepishly replied.

“That’s unexpected.” Zuumin giggled. “Should we move onto writing our song then?”

“That sounds good. Do you have a genre in mind?”

“I don’t know, but I like the song you were just playing on your guitar.”

The taller Yui paused in surprise. She murmured questioningly to herself, “I was playing something…?”

“Yea?”

Yuipon’s fingers settled firmly on the guitar and began to play the song that she had not been aware she had been playing before. The notes, she had imagined them in a moment of boredom while waiting for something fun to come. “Do you mean this?”

“That’s right.” Zuumin nodded.

“I think it’s not quite right though.”

“If you change the chord during that second part, then maybe-”

“Because it’s supposed to be a duet. It’s missing the other part still.” Yuipon blurted out, interrupting Zuumin. “Let’s write the other part now.”

A little surprised at first, the shorter girl clapped her hands together with a big grin and cheered, “Let’s do it!”

The two of them, sitting cross legged on the ground, a little haphazardly, made their song together. This chord, that note, this melody that would match, the essence that was Yuichanz melded together before they realized.

“Should I write it down?” Yuipon wondered aloud.

Zuumin responded, “Eh, Yuipon, you know I’m terrible at reading sheet music.”

“Just the chords. Just the chords then.” The taller Yui said as she searched for a pen and paper to write. Shaking the pen before starting, she jotted down what they had created so far.

Zuumin who had been watching then suggested, “Maybe also the sheet music.”

“Why?”

“I like Yuipon’s handwriting.”

Yuipon lightly retorted, “Music notes are just music notes.” She didn’t see how a line and a circle and maybe a bar would be pretty enough to be liked. Yet she still dug out a sheet and began to outline the notes, digging into her brain to remember what they had been playing.

Zuumin pointed to the a place on the paper, knowing that Yuipon was writing despite her remark, “We can write the lyrics here.”

Yuipon hummed, “We need to write the lyrics first then.”

"Yuipon’s killing dreams here.”

“We’re not done with writing the song either though.”

“It’s okay.” The short girl stated with an odd confidence and sang a quick line, “For example, doesn’t ‘The stars in the sky are beautiful because we can’t ever reach them’ sound good with here?”

“Isn’t that sad?”

“Just a little.”

“It’s like a love that won’t come true.”

“The tune is already melancholic.” Zuumin said. “But, wouldn’t it be nice to write a love song?”

“Love, huh? Have you ever fallen in love before, Zuumin?”

“Not really. Maybe there was that boy back in elementary school, but…” Zuumin trailed off, furrowing her brows, glancing at Yuipon’s eyes almost sparkling. “What about Yuipon?”

“N-” Yuipon wanted to answer, but she couldn’t. Instead she looked away and said, “Probably not anything that can become love.”

“I’ll cheer you on.”

“How about marriage? Do you want to get married one day?” Yuipon gulped, feeling sweaty palms, as she added on abruptly.

Zuumin didn’t notice Yuipon’s near stutter at the beginning of her sentence, instead saying, “It would be nice to. If I got married, I would want to get married to someone who can deal with my occasional unreasonable requests. If there’s marriage, I guess there’s kids? I think having two kids would be good since having an odd number would be lonely.”

“You’ve really thought far ahead.”

“What about Yuipon?”

Yuipon paused, her mouth feeling oddly dry, “I don’t know. I guess, maybe something like I’d want to keep my own family name for convenience?” She didn’t know what words were coming out

“I’m the opposite. Rather than Zuumin or Imaizumi,” Zuumin shook her head. “I want to be called Yui by the person I marry.”

“What a lucky person.” Yuipon said. Tapping the pen in her hand to the rhythm of their song, she pondered upon a sudden idea, “How about ‘Please marry me’ for a line? No, it doesn’t really fit.”

‘Please marry someone better than me’ maybe.”

“And ‘please forget about our good memories.’”

“This is too heartrending!”

“Isn’t it?”

“Let’s get back to writing the song. And make it a happier one!”

“Love isn’t all bitter or sweet. It’s bittersweet, right?”

“A sweet song would be nice though. I want to sing a happy song.”

Yuipon’s heart stung. “Yea, you really fit smiling.”

Zuumin replied, “That’s my line, Yuipon. I like Yuipon’s smile.”

“By the way, we’re performing this for the cultural festival, right?”

“Yes?”

“This is really heartrending.”

“Like I said!”

“But it seems like a good song.”

“True. It really is.”

“It’s a little embarrassing to say this about something we wrote ourselves.” Yuipon noted after both of them had said their self-praises.

Zuumin laughed. Pumping her fists into the air, the short girl proclaimed, “Well, let’s make it an even better song then!”

Agreeing, the two of them returned to working on their song. Singing, playing the guitar, writing down notes, almost mixing up the papers, time passed. The afternoon sun began to redden outside the window, and before they knew it, the day had begun to end.

While Zuumin sang a section that they had decided to have the shorter Yui sing solo, Yuipon’s hands on the guitar that were playing a still barebones accompaniment unintentionally stopped. Zuumin’s acapella captured her ears.

The short girl finished her singing. She had noticed Yuipon’s hands stop. Looking toward the window, she said, “It’s already this late? Maybe we should stop for today.”

“Yui-chan.” Yuipon said in the start of an answer, words slipping off her tongue distractedly before her eyes widened with alarm that she had called Zuumin Yui aloud. “Sorry, Zuumin. I-”

Zuumin placed a finger on Yuipon’s lips. “Yuipon, keep calling me that?” Her mouth curved upward only slightly. “Just for now.”

“Sure.” Yuipon couldn’t say anything else to the heartbeats ringing in her ears.

She didn’t know why she heard the song they had just been playing in that smile when neither’s hand was on the strings of their guitars. Perhaps it was the sound of her own pulse. Nonetheless, their practice stopped for the day.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:29:31 AM by Shinoki »

Offline MaYukiIsLife

• Starting to become addicted to Keyakizaka46.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • If Neru's my sugar fix, Nen's my guilty pleasure
    • FuruyanagiOshi
    • taengoosone
Re: Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Checkpoint 42 (Jan. 20, 2019)]
« Reply #168 on: January 21, 2019, 12:43:24 PM »
I thought I would get a Checkpoint .5 in as well tonight, but let's treat it as something for tonight in a different time zone then. This Checkpoint is more dialogue than I expected, but I hope you enjoy.

Lol probably tonight here I guess XD

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Checkpoint 42.5 (Jan. 21, 2019)]
« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2019, 03:28:44 AM »
As I messed up and didn't manage to double update properly, don't forget to check out the previous Checkpoint posted yesterday. Well, i-i-it's the same day in some time zone out there. Haha.

@MaYukiIsLife: So close! But this penguin was not fast enough.

Checkpoint 42.5

Discussing the matters of the cultural festival that was coming up in less than two weeks at this point, Moriya Akane and Sugai Yuuka stretched their legs by wandering around the classroom. All around, they could spot decorations set up to the side for when their class cafe would actually be done.

Offhandedly remembering about a form for the cultural festival, Yuuka asked her roommate Akane, “Who are you going to invite to the cultural festival?”

“I haven’t decided yet.” Akane responded. “How about you?”

“My father’s been getting better recently, so maybe my parents can come.” Yuuka said. “I’d invite my sister, but she’s too busy.”

“I’m glad he’s getting better. Is she busy with work?”

“Since my ‘cousin’ is a missing person, after his company tore itself apart with internal rivalries, the shareholders asked her to become the CEO, so right now she’s cleaning things up.”

“That’s amazing.” Akane spoke with respect, making a face at the thought of the filthy excuse for a cousin Yuuka had mentioned.

“Right?” Yuuka agreed. “I wonder who the others will invite.”

“Tecchan and Neru said that they aren’t inviting anyone they know.”

The horse loving girl reasoned on the roommates’ decision, “Aichi and Nagasaki are both a little far away.”

“I wonder if Tecchan doesn’t want people she knows to see her dressed up as a butler.” Akane suggested, remembering the shadow falling on their short haired classmate’s expression when they had first tried out their crossdressing get-ups.

“It is a little awkward.”

“Yukio-kun.”

“Don’t remind me of that please.”

Akane laughed and took Yuuka’s hand, intertwining her fingers with her girlfriend’s. “You look beautiful in whatever clothes though.”

“So you say.” Yuuka pouted as she tugged on Akane’s hand.

“Hello Kitty underwear is another issue.”

“They’re not that bad.”

“No, Hello Kitty underwear is no good.” Akane shook her head. “Why don’t I pick out some underwear for you next time?”

“This is too much to talk about like this.” Yuuka squeezed Akane’s hand, hiding her flustered face in Akane’s shoulder.

“It’s nothing I haven’t seen before.”

Smacking Akane on the shoulder, Yuuka stumbled over her words before she found a diversion. “Anyways, let’s ask Fuu-chan and Nijika about who they’re inviting to the cultural festival.” Yuuka dragged Akane over to the pair that she had spotted out the corner of her eye.

Fuyuka was sitting intimately with Nijika. The former watched as the latter went through her phone’s gallery, showing pictures of her pet dog excitedly.

“Yo, who are you going to invite to the cultural festival?” Yuuka lamely greeted.

“Haha, what’s with the ‘yo’ greeting?” Fuyuka snickered. “I think I’ll randomly pick a family member. The form is due soon, right?”

Akane said, “Now that I think about it, the student council president Sasaki-san asked me recently if the Keyaki class still needed to submit.”

“I don’t think many people have yet.” Fuyuka looked around the room before turning to the girl beside her. “How about you, Nijika?”

Nijika replied, “I haven’t decided either. I wish I could invite Lady here.”

Yuuka repeated the name, “Lady?”

“My pet dog,” explained Nijika.

Fuyuka let out a satisfied sigh, placing a hand on top of Nijika’s head, “That’s super cute.”

Akane joined in, followed by Yuuka, with patting Nijika on the head, leaving Nijika perplexed before she realized that they were treating her like a dumb little kid. Then, Nijika swatted their hands away to sulk by herself for a moment before getting consoled by Fuyuka that it was okay to miss her dog.

Enjoying a short chat with Fuyuka and Nijika, Akane and Yuuka decided to leave the pair alone. They seemed to be getting along.

Another set of roommates was doing their own thing, catching Akane and Yuuka’s eyes. Suzumoto was passed out on her desk, asleep without a care for the world. Yuipon was tapping a rhythm of her desk while quietly humming out a song, not paying attention to the rest of the class. Oda Nana was, while sneaking glances at her musically inclined roommate, filling out a piece of paper.

Akane asked, “Dani, are you filling out the form right now?”

“Yea.” Oda Nana nodded.

“Who are you inviting?”

“My little sister.”

“I wonder if she’s like you.”

Oda Nana opened her mouth to say nothing as if that answered the question. Then, she shrugged. “Our classroom’s a little separated from the rest of the school, so I don’t know she’ll even be able to find our cafe.”

“How about Yuipon?” Yuuka inquired about the Yui sitting right next to them.

Yuipon, hearing her name called, choked on air.

After a bout of Oda Nana’s panic, Akane smacking Yuipon’s back, and Yuuka fumbling about confused, Akane asked, “What were you so distracted with?”

To that, Yuipon answered, “What’s it like to fall in love?”

Needless to say, Oda Nana choked.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:04:02 AM by Shinoki »

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
Re: Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Checkpoint 42.5 (Jan. 21, 2019)]
« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2019, 01:18:55 PM »
Thank you very much for these new two parts of the new episode.
I see that some things are still missing before it is the cultural event.
I still look forward to seeing Techi and Neru as a couple, since they started dating, almost no interactions have been seen between them.

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Checkpoint 43 (Feb 10, 2019)]
« Reply #171 on: February 11, 2019, 03:03:13 AM »
For the nth time, I have to tell myself not to promise anything about update dates. I didn't expect to be so delayed by various in real life things and translation related things (to any Shida oshi who are using jphip, check out Depressing Subs' site for Manaka blog translations because there's no way I'm letting my oshimen's history disappear).

Anyhow, thank you for the wait.

@Minami-chan: Thank you for reading! I hope I can get some more TechiNeru in here. If I can't find a good place for TechiNeru interactions during Yuichanzu's part of the arc, there's still the second half that Techi's story begins to hijack.

Checkpoint 43

Love, a year, a month, a week, however long it had fermented in her heart, she hadn’t realized, or perhaps she had. Thinking to herself, she had noticed when she lifted her head that simply a week remained before the start of the time when she would-

“Yuipon.” Zuumin’s voice interrupted Yuipon’s thoughts. “How do I look?” Twirling around, dressed in a suit, hair in a boyish ponytail rather than under a wig, the short girl asked her partner for her opinion.

Without thinking, Yuipon replied, “Beautiful.”

In response, Zuumin smiled bashfully. Even to such a simply description from Yuipon, Zuumin appeared utterly happy.

Thus they cut a picturesque scene under the sunlight filtering through the classroom windows now decorated with lace window curtains. The chatter of their classmates became their background music. The paper scripts in their hands went forgotten.

Until another broke through their moment, Yuipon had thought only a few words.

—Such as I love you.

Only a week remained before the first day of the cultural festival. Most preparations had completed. With the classroom decorated from windows to seating, desks replaced with quaint little cafe-style tables, the Keyaki class girls were just finishing up the last touches.

The group in charge of the food was setting up a small kitchen area, really a kitchen in name only. Everyone else had changed into their outfits to practice the butler roleplay that would be the crux of their cafe.

Yuipon had been in the middle of chatting with Zuumin when Neru approached with Yurina.

“Yuichi-kun, Yuisuke-kun.” Neru teasingly greeted Yuipon and Zuumin with their butler names respectively. Lightly squeezing her girlfriend’s hand, Neru also said, “Yurio-chan,” before wondering aloud, “We have a lot of classmates whose names start with ‘yu,’ don’t we?”

Zuumin nodded her head sagely at Neru’s observation, “It must’ve been hard to think up good names.”

Yuipon smiled wryly as she thought about the state of affairs with some of the stage names that had been made. For example, Yuuka was Yukio, Habu was Mizunosuke, and Oda Nana was Sebastian.

“Maybe.” Yurina exchanged glances with Yuipon.

Yuipon nodded. “Yea, maybe.”

Neru then said, “Oh, by the way, I came over to bother you two because I wanted to asked Zuumin about something. Let me just steal Zuumin from Yuipon for a second.”

With Neru dragging Zuumin away, Yuipon found herself alone with Yurina. As they usually sat together for lunch, Yuipon hadn't particularly thought much about how they interacted, but she realized that she rarely talked one on one with the short haired girl.

Noticing Yurina fiddle with her outfit, Yuipon inquired, “Is the size off?” They still had time to adjust the outfits.

Yurina shook her head. “It's just strange wearing male clothes.”

“We don't really wear this type of outfit often.” Yuipon agreed. Pausing before she spoke, Yuipon noted, “I guess it feels like we're someone else.”

Yurina hesitated over an one word reply, “Yea.”

“Disagree?”

“No. Rather that hit right on.”

“But in the end, we’re still us. We have to deal with our own issues. Don’t you think?”

“That’s right.”

“I wonder if it’d be easier as a guy.” Yuipon couldn’t help but murmur as she thought of her partner, Zuumin. She knew that as Kobayashi Yui, she couldn’t stay by the girl Imaizumi Yui’s side in the future Zuumin envisioned.

“Huh?”

“Never mind.”

“Being a guy. It might be easier, but in the end, we’re who we are, like you said.”

“Do you think you would be seen differently being a guy?”

“No.” Yurina shook her head.

“I can see that. You and Neru are still lovey-dovey when dressed as guys after all.”

The short haired girl was thrown off by the sudden tease. “Wa-”

“I’m a little jealous.” Yuipon joked. “Even if both of you were men, you two just click.”

“Are you?”

“It seems nice to be in love.”

Just as Yuipon spoke, a pair of hands went over Yurina’s eyes, cutting off her line of sight. The owner of those hands asked, “Yurina-chan, who am I?” The answer was obvious.

“Neru.” The short haired girl removed the hands and addressed her girlfriend who had tried to prank her to no avail.

Zuumin had also returned along with Neru, the pair finished with their conversation. She curiously asked Yuipon, “What were you two talking about?”

“Being guys.” Yuipon responded. Her mouth went dry as if she expected Zuumin to read her thoughts about that matter in disgust. Zuumin wouldn’t.

Yuipon heard Yurina say, “It’s not easy to become a man.”

She heard Neru’s whisper, “I like Yurina-chan the way you are.”

More than anything, she heard the contrast between those words and Zuumin’s innocuous statement, “You two look handsome dressed in suits.”

Yuipon took Zuumin’s praise, but at the same time, she couldn’t help but wish again now that the words were in her mind. She couldn’t help but wish to be someone who could be able to be by Zuumin’s side. To be a guy, to be someone else, those empty desires seemed so easy to ask for.

She realized she was making excuses in her heart. Yet, almost too simply, she found that she had fallen in love with the short girl beside her. It was terrifying because she couldn’t say anything.

What were the words? The lyrics that they had written together?
“Please marry someone else.”

As the day came to an end, everyone had changed out of their butler outfits. Cheerfully heading to the dorms, Zuumin couldn’t help but walk with a hop in her steps. Yuipon watched; her partner was too adorable. Unexpectedly, Zuumin took Yuipon’s hand as she skipped along.

Yuipon, dragged along, inquired, “What are you so giddy about?”

Zuumin told Yuipon, “I just realized that we’ll be performing in a week.”

“Excited?”

Zuumin nodded rapidly, “Yea. I’m nervous and excited. Really excited and nervous.”

Yuipon squeezed Zuumin’s hand reassuringly, “We still have a week.”

“What if something goes wrong?”

“Let’s practice tonight then.”

“Would that be okay?”

“Of course.”

“Thank you, Yuipon!”

“Also, do you want to sleepover?” Yuipon added. “Oda Nana and Suzumoto said that they were going to be bugging Manaka and Risa until pretty late.”

Zuumin smiled, “That sounds like fun. Just like summer break.”

Like the sun, she smiled, and Yuipon was glad for that smile. Yuipon felt Zuumin’s anxiety dissipate, and she felt the smaller girl’s fingers slip away from her hand, no longer pulling her forward.

They were still walking together, Yuipon told herself.

I love you, she couldn’t tell the one who she wanted to tell.

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
Re: Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Checkpoint 43 (Feb 10, 2019)]
« Reply #172 on: February 14, 2019, 11:49:03 PM »
Thank you very much for the update.

Yuipon is very disoriented with her feelings towards Zuumin.

See you in the next update. Hopefully it will be soon. (or not very far)

A greeting!

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Short hiatus]
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2019, 03:28:34 AM »
Thank you for reading! I apologize for not updating at all recently. It's been pretty busy, and even though I want to keep writing Eccentric, one way or another, things keep getting in the way. I hope I can finish this fic somehow.

For March, I know I likely won't be able to get much writing done. Between school, other projects, and of course translating KEYAKI HOUSE (I'm pretty sure most fans would probably put fansubbing before fanfic writing, haha), there might not be much time at all, so I'll just say it now that I won't be able to update in March.

Again, thank you for reading! I hope you keep on reading despite my lack of updates.

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
Re: Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Short hiatus (likely to end after March)]
« Reply #174 on: March 10, 2019, 06:53:50 PM »
I am totally devastated with this announcement.

I do not even have the strength to listen to songs from my favorite group right now because everything reminds me that Neru is leaving.

We read later.

Offline Keyaki--Otaku

• Keyakizaka46 and Hinatazaka46 fan
Re: Eccentric (TechiNeru+) [Short hiatus (likely to end after March)]
« Reply #175 on: November 03, 2019, 04:11:25 PM »
I know this is very late but thank you for the update!  :) I'll patiently wait for the next update!
I ship Yuichanzu, TechiNeru and, Kyoko and Ayaka

JPHiP Radio (34/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Salyu - Uee