JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EvoL - We Are a Bit Different

Author Topic: Hello!Japan  (Read 6238 times)

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« on: July 13, 2006, 09:34:50 PM »
Okay guys, here's the fanfic(which hopefully will be updated daily and hopefully people post). Also, if you have any titles for it, let me know too.

Chapter 1

Japan. The city that is like New York, it never sleeps. Phil was one of those people who would like to stay up all night. Right now, he had just check out into a hotel after leaving the airport. he was on the plane for almost 24 hours. He entered his hotel room with two suitcases, one for his clothes and the other for personal stuff. He was too tired to unpack, even to take a shower. He plopped himself onto the bed and went to sleep in an instant.

He began to dream on how he made the trip to Japan. he had saved money over for a period of time and knew that it would be the time to go. unfortunately, his job had ended and he had nothing else left.He had an apartment of course, but that was it. He knew that going to Japan would ease his problems just a bit. He slept through the night and woke up late in the morning.

He woke up feeling relaxed and went to take a shower. After that, he unpacked his clothes suitcase and began to get dressed. He wasn't going to stay in a hotel the entire time he was there. He sat down on the bed for a minute and then began to cry a little. He had done it the day before the trip. After a few minutes, he calmed down and went to check out to see the city.

Before he walked out, he saw two buses pass by him. He didn't know what was going on until two locals began to follow the bus to an unknown location. Phil couldn't speak Japanese, but luckily the locals knew what he was saying. "What's going on?" he asked.

"You don't know?" the male local asked. "That's Morning Musume."

"They're on the bus?"

"Yeah! Follow us," the female local told Phil.

Phil went with the locals to the unknown location, which was a TV station. Phil had the money to buy a ticket, even though they were free. He had changed his currency to yen before leaving the airport the night before. The locals, as well as the ticket person helped him out just in case. When he got there, he almost immediately knew the stage. It was Hello!Morning.

Phil couldn't believe it. He wanted to think it was a dream, buthe was glad it wasn't. He sat next to the locals, who were named Ryuichi(Ryu) and Misono. They began to tell Phil stories on how they met Morning Musume and how they got to meet them in concert. As he heard their stories, Phil wished he could meet them. He knew that he had to get together with his newfound friends and go with them.

"When did you come here?" Misono asked.

"Last night," Phil answered.

"You can stay with us if you want," Ryu replied. "We have some extra space in our apartment."

"Thanks," Phil said. "Do you guys realy know Morning Musume?"

"Well, actually..." Misono began to say before Morning Musume came out onto the H!M stage to begin the show.

As the show began, Phil was still in shock over seeing them. After a few minutes, Phil wore off the shock and was laughing and having a good time. The skit that was playing was from the train station. Then, they had a performance from Viyuden performing their new single. Afetr seeming like forever, the show finally ended and the audience made their way to the exits.

"That was some show," Phil smiled.

"We thought you might like it," Ryu said. "Let's go see them."

"You mean meet them?" Phil asked.

"Yeah," Misono relied. "I was going to tell you we know them personally."

They went to the stage and talked for a few minutes before the group came back onto the stage. They were chatting away with each other when they saw Ryu and Misono. The group greeted the two with hugs as Phil watched. He was in a trance before Misono shook him out of it.

"Girls, I like you all to meet Phil," Misono replied. "Phil, meet Morning Musume."

"Hi, Phil." The group said to Phil. He was in a state of shock, he felt that he was going to faint right in front of everyone. Luckily, he maintained his composure long enough to wave at the group. Yossie, the leader of the group, made her way to Phil.

"He looks like he just seen a ghost," Ryu said to Misono about Phil.

"He still can't believe it's Morning Musume," Misono replied.

Yossie made sure about that comment by pinching Phil on the arm, real hard. Phil screamed and jumped. "What was that for?" he asked.

"Do what?" she asked. "I'm not the one standing in a daze."

"Oh, sorry," Phil replied while rubbing his arm. "I didn't know that Ryu and Misono knew you guys."

"Yeah, we know them for quite a while now." Miki replied.

"Is there anything else I need to know?" Phil asked Ryu and Misono.

"Well, we need another person for our club," Ryu said.

"What club?"

"The only club that knows H!P in and out."

"What do you mean?"

"We'll tell you later," Misono said. "Let's just say that you're our person."

"For what?" Phil still couldn't understand what they were talking about until Rika, the show's host, came up behind him.

"They're talking about you joining us," Rika said with a smile. "You, along with Misono and Ryuichi will be the only people who will know us personally."

"Oh, why didn't you say so?" Phil asked.

The group laughed, knowing they could have told Phil about it five minutes ago. They also knew that Phil would be the perfect person for their club. "Maybe I should have known that before Yossie pinched me," Phil said. "If I wasn't in a daze, of course."

"Why don't you go ahead with Ryu and Misono?" Rika asked. "I'll come by later on."

"Deal," Phil agreed.

The trio said their goodbyes to the group and made their way to the hotel to get Phil's belongings before making their way to their apartment. It looked like, from the sound of things, Phil was going to fit well in Japan and with Morning Musume.

Phil went with Ryu and Misono to their apartment with each person carrying one of Phil's suitcases. Their apartment wasn't far from the TV station or the hotel that Phil walked out of just a couple of hours ago. It was a normal-sized apartment that had the space of a regular house. After they showed Phil his new room, they left him to unpack his belongings. The room already had a bed and a closet, but that was about it. After Phil unpacked, he laid down and breathed a sigh of relief. He was glad to enjoy his new life in Japan.

He rested for a few minutes. He couldn't wait for Rika to come over. However, he didn't dream of Rika, he dreamed of something else. He woke up quick from it and began to breathe rapidly. Then, just like he did at the hotel, he began to cry. He couldn't understand why he did it, maybe it had to do with something at home or the dream he just had. Before he could think of a reason, Misono entered the room.

"You hungry?" she asked.

"Yeah, haven't had anything today," Phil said.

"You okay? You look like you've been crying." she said.

"I'm fine," Phil replied. "Nothing to worry about."

Misono wanted to say something else, but she did. She didn't want to pry into Phil's life unless he told her to. It was probably no big deal anyway. She went with Phil to the kitchen where Ryu was.

"Just in time Phil," he said. "I hope you're hungry."

The trio ate for awhile as they continued to talk about H!P among other things(how Ryu and Misono met, favorite MM songs, favorite girl, etc) They talked for quite a while until the doorbell rang. They went to see who it was, which turned out to be Rika. "Did I miss dinner?" she asked.

The trio hugged Rika and invited her for dinner. They began to talk for a few minutes until Ryu and Misono left Phil with Rika. He didn't know why they left him with Rika, but he didn't care. "Looks like you're not shy anymore." Rika said.

"Not anymore," Phil replied. "Why'd you come?"

"The reason I came by was, I wanted to invite you to my radio show," Rika smiled.

"You have your own radio show?" Phil asked.

"Yep, it's called Chanchaka Charmy. It's mostly all about me."

"Oh, okay. Anything else?"

"Nothing yet, just a few surprises."

"What time?"

"It'll be late, say 10:00 tonight?"

"All right, luckily it's not far from here."

They talked for a few more minutes before Misono and Ryu came back to the kitchen. They both had a look in their eye knowing that Phil was going with Rika. They had already done that before. They had been with H!P club for quite a while and also had first-class souvenirs from the group as well.

"So, what's going on?" Ryu asked.

"Nothing," Rika said. "Just inviting Phil to my show tonight."

"Cool! We've done that before," Misono said.

"Don't tell him about it," Ryu said. "You'll ruin it for him."

The group laughed, knowing that Phil would be in for a treat. A half an hour later, the group made their way outside. Rika got something out of their car and gave it to Phil. It was a cd from her group Viyuden. She also gave him some H!P stuff as well.

"So, I'll pick you up around 9:30?" she asked.

"All right," Phil answered.

Rika hugged him before leaving in her car as Misono and Ryu waved goodbye to her. The trio made their way back into the house as Phil put his new stuff up in his room. It seemed like, for a moment, all of his problems before coming to Japan had finally washed away.

"You're going to be in for a long night," Ryu smiled.

"It'll be worth it," Phil smiled back.

"I know it will," Ryu said.

Over the next few hours, the gang sat around and watched television. Even though Phil couldn't understand what was being said, he could figure out what was going on. Ryu translated to Phil what was being said while Misono cleaned the dishes in the kitchen. She told Phil they would teach him Japanese in a few days.

An hour before Rika was supposed to pick him up, Phil was already picking out what he was going to wear. He would have to get a new set of clothes later as soon as he got settled. After he picked out his clothes, he began to worry. He quickly shrugged it out, it was probably butterflies. He continued to get dressed and sat down to listen to the CD that Rika gave him. A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. Misono answered the door, while Phil checked to see as well. It was Rika, but Phil couldn't believe it. He checked his clock in his room that said 8:30.

"Hi Phil," Rika smiled. "Ready to go?"

"You've come early," Phil said.

Rika laughed. "What was you expecting? I come in much later?"

The duo got in the car as Ryu and Misono said their goodbyes. Phil and Rika waved back to them as they left. The couple drove to the radio station(part of the TV station, but a different building next to it) and got out of the car. Phil noticed Rika getting something out of the car to put on. It was a pink hat, which she called her 'Charmy' hat.

As they made their way inside, there was another radio show going on. It was Miki's DokiMiki Night. Miki waved to the couple as they walked by. Rika's show was a few doors away from Miki's. As they went inside, there were two other girls waiting for them.

"Surprise!" the two girls exclaimed.

"Who are you?" Phil asked.

"Phil, these are my bandmates," Rika explained. "Erika and Yui, this is my friend Phil. He just moved here today."

"Cool!" Yui said. "Do you like it here so far?"

"So far," Phil agreed.

"Rika's told us about you," Erika said.

"What did she say? Except me being totally shocked?" Phil asked.

"Yeah, that's about it," Erika laughed.

"Don't worry," Yui said. "Rika won't do anything to you. Not yet anyway." She winked at Rika as she said that.

The gang talked for awhile before it was time for Rika's show to air. Rika turned on her mike to welcome her fans to her show. She stopped to take the time to answer a few letters as well. Phil diodn't know what to expect, until Rika welcomed him to the show. "I would like to welcome a friend of mine that I just met today, Phil." Phil was stunned and didn't know what to say. He didn't have much time to think of anything before Rika turned Phil's mike on.

"Uh...hello," Phil replied.

"Don't worry guys. Phil's got butterflies," Rika winked at him.

Five minutes later, Phil got the nerve to talk on the radio as Miki(who had just finished her show), Erika and Yui began to talk about Viyuden's new album. Miki helped translate to Phil their questions. Phil talked about how he met Morning Musume and how Yossie pinched him which got the group to start lauguing. After about two hours, the show was winding down as Rika played her group's new single before saying goodbye to her fans until next week.

After the show, Rika and Phil got in the car as Miki, Erika, and Yui said their goodbyes to the duo. Phil and Rika headed back to the apartment as Phil tried to stay awake. It was already 1:00 in the morning.

As they were driving home, Phil was nearly asleep before Rika nudged him out of it. They were getting close to the apartment and she wanted to talk to Phil some more. Phil looked over at Rika, who had the cutest smile he had ever seen. Could there be something more? Phil didn't think so, at least not yet. It was just the first night, and he was too tired to flirt.

"So, did you like the show?" Rika asked.

"I enjoyed it," Phil answered.

"I figured you would," Rika said. "That's just a taste of what you get when you're with us."

"I'm glad I joined," Phil said. "You said there were a few more surprises."

"Meeting Viyuden was one of them," Rika said. "They'll be more tomorrow."

The car made its way to the apartment as Rika put the car in park. They got out as Phil was still trying to keep his eyes open for a few minutes. He made his way to the door with Rika following close behind. He made it to the door before falling in Rika's arms. She propped him by the door as Phil was yawning.

"From the looks of things, I won't get much sleep," Phil replied.

"Yep, but it was worth it," Rika laughed.

"Thanks again," Phil answered.

He hugged Rika before he opened the door to go in. Before he could go inside, Rika stopped Phil and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He smiled as Rika was leaving. She smiled back at Phil as she got into her car.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Rika said.

"See you then," Phil answered.

He closed the door as he went inside. He found his way to his new bedroom and instantly fell asleep. He fell asleep with a smile on his face for the first time in a long while. He didn't know what would happen tomorrow, but he was ready for whatever happened then.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 01:50:58 PM by cool_kickin_dude »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Hello!Japan
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 03:39:18 AM »
Cool fic, but couldn't you come up with a more creative title?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 03:28:33 PM »
Chapter 2

The next morning, Phil woke up to the sound of loud morning which had to be Morning Musume. He exited his bedroom, to see his new friends, Ryuichi and Misono dancing to the song. Phil couldn't help but laugh, knowing he had a night of his own just hours earlier. He went to the bathroom to take a shower. A few minutes later, he joined his friends for some breakfast.

"So, what happened last night?" Ryu asked.

"I was on the radio," Phil announced.

"Cool!" Misono exclaimed. "We were on the radio last time, only we were on DokiMiki Night."

"I saw Miki last night," Phil explained. "She came by on Rika's show along with Viyuden."

"Anything else happen?" Ryu asked.

"No, that was about it," Phil replied. "She did say there were a few more surprises for me."

"Wonder what they are?" Misono asked.

"Beats me," Phil answered. "Guesss we'll have to see her to find out."

The trio continued to eat breakfast before it was time to go to the TV station. Phil knew that they were supposed to meet Morning Musume on their TV show before their taping, but that was about it. Of course, with the band, it could mean anything. When the trio got there, the band was already waiting for them. However, Sayumi and Kusumi(who had already established themselves the cutest in the group) were already in costume.

"What's witht the costumes?" Phil asked.

"We're doing our song Rainbow Pink on the show today," Sayumi said with a cute smile. Both Sayu and Kusumi, at the same time, said "Usa-chan peace!" putting two fingers on each side of their heads.

"Where's Rika?" Misono asked.

"She'll be there in a few minutes," Miki answered. "Still tired, Phil?"

"I'm fine now," Phil laughed.

"Least you're more awake than you were yesterday," Yossie laughed.

"You can watch our show backstage today," Miki replied. "We'll come see you guys after the show."

The trio went backstage where Rika was already waiting for them. She hugged all three, including Phil. "I'm glad you guys came to see the show today," she said.

"Phil said you had some surprises left," Ryu said.

"I still do," Rika said. "But they'll have to wait until the end of the show. I'll see you then."

She waved the group goodbye, and just like last night, winked at Phil. He couldn't understand why, maybe it was because she was glad to see him. Either way, he was glad to see her too. He sat alongside Ryu and Misono and watched as H!M went on the air.

The show started off with the performance of Rainbow Pink by Sayumi and Kusumi. They were especially cute in their pink outfits. Then, the show started off with the train station skit. It was how Yossie(the kiosk lady) was once again at odds with Eri(the pigeon). Then, the show shifted to Magic Restaurant, where a magician would come on and show numerous tricks to the girls. Then, there would be a prize for the girl that would get the trick right.

Afterwards, there was a skit that Phil had not seen. It was sayumi from the performance and it had Eri, dressed as a business person. There was also another person who was bullying the two of them. Phil could not help but laugh at the bullying lady. During the skit, Phil figured out that it was also some type of news segment. They were promoting stuff just like they did when they taped a different show yesterday. Before the skit was over, Eri led Sayumi and the lady into a dance.

Meanwhile backstage, Phil asked, "That's a funny skit. What is it?"

"That's Maido arii," Misono answered. "One of the funniest skits on H!M. It's the fan's favorite skit."

The show ended with scenes from next week's episode, which included more people joining Morning Musume. It almost seemed like a reunion show between members. After the show was over, the trio met with Morning Musume and hugged each member. Before Phil could go to the group, he felt a tap on the shoulder. It was Rika, who pulled him away from the group momentarily.

"Did you enjoy the show?" she asked.

"Sure did," Phil answered.

"Did you see me?" Rika asked. "I was on Magic Restaurant."

"I almost didn't recognize you," Phil replied. "You look different from last night."

Rika laughed, "I know. I had changed my hair from last night. I had it put up today."

Phil felt another tap on the shoulder, more like a slap. He turned around to see the same girl who was on Maido arii. Phil knew she looked older than the rest of the group. "You know I'm keeping an eye on you right?" she asked. "Just because you're new and part of the group doesn't mean anything."

"Don't worry," Rika replied. "That's her way of saying hello and welcoming you."

"I'm not causing trouble," Phil told the lady.

"I know," the lady smiled.

"Phil," Rika said, "this is Yuko Nakazawa. She's been a part of Morning Musume since the beginning."

"Not that long," Yuko laughed. "I graduated remember?'

"You still look young to join again," Rika joked.

"Don't even start..." Yuko gave Rika a mean look. Phil saw that same look from the skit. She gave the same look to Sayumi and Eri as well.

"That's why I'm keeping my mouth shut," phil smiled.

"You better," Yuko smiled. "I'm the last person you don't want to make mad."

"Don't worry, I'll choose my words," Phil replied.

"The only thing I ask is not to say anything that would tick me off," Yuko replied.

"What should I not say?" Phil asked.

"I'll let you know," Yuko smiled.

"What are we going to do today?" Misono asked.

"First, we gotta get ready to make our new video," Miki replied. "You all are invited to watch."

"Really?" Misono was shocked to hear that. "That's so cool!"

"When do we get to go?" Ryu asked.

"Couple of hours," Miki replied.

While Misono and ryu were talking to the group, Phil decided to go out to stage and walk around. As he walked to various parts of the stage, he felt a certain touch of happiness in him that he hadn't had since he came to Japan. Then, almost suddenly, something inside took over him and he was nearly on the verge of tears. This time, he kept them inside and felt better again. Before he could walk again, he heard a voice call from the other side of the stage.

"There you are, Phil!" Rika said while running toward Phil. "We were wondering where you were."

"I just wanted to look around the set, that's all," Phil replied before Rika noticed he was sad.

"You all right?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Phil answered. "Why?'

"Nothing," Rika said. "I'll show you more of the set before the gang shows up."

The two began touring around the set, checking out the various places. They went through the train station skit, the Maido arii set, and other various places. While Phil was walking through the Maido arii set, he saw Rika motioning him to the other side of the set. He saw that Rika had the same pink hat(known as her Charmy hat) that she had on the night before.

"What is it?" Phil asked.

"Come on," Rika replied. "I'll show you something."

Phil went with Rika to the other side of the set to see that there was a news set already set up. Phil didn't know what was going on, but decided to go with the gig. "What are we going to do?" he asked.

"We're going to have our own newscast," Rika answered.

"What do I say?" Phil asked.

"Don't worry," Rika said with a wink. "Just be yourself."

Rika started off the newscast by singing about Hello Pro News. Afterwards, she introduced as Charmy and introduced Phil(who was laughing when she also credited Phil for the continuation of the news) to the newscast. "So, how do feel about being on Hello! Pro News?" she asked.

"Way nervous," Phil replied. "How do you do it?"

"Being cool and sexy," Rika smiled. "Just like me."

"So, what do we talk about?" Phil asked.

"First, we talk about Morning Musume's new single," Rika said. "The video for the single will be shot with only a few people invited to watch."

"Wish I was one of the people to see it," Phil replied.

"You are," Rika laughed. "I told you, remember."

"Oh. I forgot," Phil said. "What else?'

"Well, apart from welcoming Phil to Japan," Rika said. "I also want to say that he will be joining me again on my radio show next week."

"I thought we were promoting stuff," Phil replied.

"We are, aren't we?" Rika laughed.

"Then, where's the stuff?" Phil asked.

"Okay, they went off with it," Rika said. "We must have left it in the back."

"So, now what do we do?"

"We dance."

"Wait, I can't dance."

"Doesn't matter. Music start!" Rika got out a small boombox and pushed play. She then began to dance to the beat while Phil just smiled. He was entranced to her dancing that he didn't realize the music stopped for a short time. "Now, your turn," she said.

Phil knew he couldn't get away without at least dancing, so he decided to dance anyway. "All right," he said.

"Music start!" she exclaimed as she pushed play. Within seconds, Phil began to dance just like Rika as she laughed and applauded. After the music stopped, Phil motioned her to play more music before Rika motioned him back to the newsdesk.

"You know, I have no regrets," she said.

"Did you enjoy it?" Phil asked.

"Yes, it's great doing Hello!Pro news again. We have to do it again sometime."

"We should. Maybe we'll have more to talk about."

"Well then, for Hello!Pro News, Guccha!"

"Guccha!" Phil exclaimed. "That was fun."

"Told you so," Rika said.

"Hey!" someone shouted from the other side of the set. It was Yuko, along with another person Phil hadn't met before. "What are you two doing sneaking off?"

"We were doing our news show," Phil explained.

"I bet," Yuko smiled.

"Let them have their fun," the woman said. Turning to Phil, she said, "You must be Phil, right?"

"Yep," he replied. "Who are you?"

"I'm Abe Natsumi, people call me Nacchi."

"Nice to meet you," Phil replied.

"How long have you been here?" Nacchi asked.

"Just yesterday."

"So, I've heard you was on Rika's show last night."

"Yep, I loved the show too."

Misono and Ryu walked over to where the group was talking. Also, there was another girl with them. "Is that Nacchi?" Ryu asked.

"That would be me," Nacchi said as she turned toward Ryu. She saw that her friend was there as well. She was almost taller than the entire group and had long, dark brown hair.

"Who's that?" Phil asked.

"That's Kaori," Nacchi said. "Kaori, this is Phil. He just moved here yesterday."

"Nice to meet you Phil," Kaori said. "You're almost as tall as me."

"Finally, someone is," Yuko said.

Everybody laughed for a few minutes before Phil checked his watch. "What time are you guys supposed to be at the video shoot?"

Yossie checked at her watch. "Actually, right now," she said.

"Let's go then," Miki said.

The entire group made their way outside where a bus took the group to the video shoot. It was a few miles from the TV station and the apartment. As the gang made their way inside to the video shoot, the director told Phil, Ryu, and Misono that they would be the only people to see the finished product. As Morning Musume got changed for the video, Phil went towards the bathroom. As he looked in the mirror, he saw a reflection of himself in a different way which made him began to cry. He cried for a few minutes before he heard a knock on the door.

"Phil? Are you all right?" Nacchi asked.

"I'll be out in a minute," Phil answered. He cleaned his face and checked the mirror again to see the same face that was in front of him. He exited the bathroom to join the rest of the gang for the video shoot. As he watched Morning Musume perform their video, he looked to see that Rika was smiling at him. Phil nodded, knowing that she would be someone to talk to later on. But for right now, he wanted to enjoy what was in front of him.

Within a few hours, the video shoot was over. Phil and the gang began to watch Morning Musume's new video. The director told them that the video would be released in the next two weeks. The director then thanked Phil's group for coming out. As Ryu and Misono was talking to Morning Musume, Phil went outside for a moment. As he stopped to look around the city, he began to shake for no reason. However, he took control of himself in a few seconds. He knew that something got inside of him which made him shake. He then went back inside where Rika was coming to him.

"You all right?" Rika asked.

"I am now," Phil answered.

"That's good," Rika said. "I was getting worried about you."

"You was?"

"Of course, I don't want anything to happen to you."

"I'll be all right. Don't worry about me."

"You know I can't do that," Rika smiled.

The two made their way to where Yossie was talking to Kaori and Nacchi. "We was about ready to go," she said.

"Sorry, just stepped out for a minute," Phil said.

"We was going to celebrate finishing the new video," Yossie said. "We just gotta wait for the others to finish changing."

As the rest of Morning Musume came out to join the others, they went on the bus to travel to one of their favorite restaurants. Phil looked out the window and watch the city go by. he never saw a city that had so much to give to the people. Maybe Phil would be able to give himself to the city in a few days as well.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Hello!Japan
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2006, 10:56:42 AM »
Good Job! :thumbsup
The story gets even better if you replace Phil with yourself :D

By the way, you really should give your fanfic a name.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2006, 08:03:44 PM »
Chapter 3

The tour bus made its way deep into Tokyo for a few minutes before it made its way to the restaurant near the end of town. Phil looked outside and saw that the restaurant was empty, with only the people running the place. He had never eaten at a Japanese restaurant, but he knew that there was a first time for everything. As he went in, there was a huge buffet in the middle of the restaurant. the manager told the group to get anything they want.

The buffet had so many things for Phil to try out. It had various meats, soups, and sweets. Phil decided to try out a few things before getting a huge plate like the others were doing. As he made his way around the bar, a few members of Morning Musume were telling Phil to try out various foods. After getting a plate filled, he went to sit down. Unfortunately, all the tables were full. He finally found a table that was near the restrooms. Phil didn't mind it, but he would rather eat with the others instead of by himself.

"Where's Phil?" Rika asked.

"Is that him?" Konno asked.

Nacchi and Kaori looked over to see Phil eating alone near the other side of the restaurant. "Is there a chair that we could get him?" Nacchi asked.

"No, we used them all," Misono said.

Rika looked over to see Phil eating and it made her sad. She, along with the rest of the group, wanted to know more about Phil. Suddenly, she saw Phil run to the restrooms. "I wonder what's wrong?" she asked.

"Probably ate the wrong food,' Makoto replied.

"Maybe," Rika said.

Meanwhile, Phil was on the brink of tears in the bathroom. Once again, it had came suddenly with no warning at all. He knew he had to get away before the group suspected something wrong. He knew he had to tell them sometime, but right now wasn't the best time. After a few minutes, Phil took a deep breath and went back outside where someone just came out of the ladie's bathroom as well.

"You all right?" the person asked.

Phil was startled by the person. It was another girl, who had wavy hair and it was a little shorter than Kaori's. however, her hair was dyed light brown. "How long have you been here?" he asked.

"I just got here," she said. "Though I might surprise the group."

"Well, you sure surprised me," Phil replied.

"You all right?" she asked again.

"I'm not sure," Phil replied sadly.

"I know," she said. "Meeting Morning musume for the first time does that to people."

"I just met them yesterday," Phil said. "Must be getting over the shock."

"We've had that happen to people too," she laughed.

"I'm sorry," Phil replied. "I just moved here yesterday and I'm already a mess."

"You look fine," she said. "A bit nervous, but fine."

"I hope I didn't embarrass them."

"No, I'm sure they'll forgive you. Name's Mari Yaguchi."

"Nice to meet you. You're right, they probably will."

They both made their way back to where the group were still eating where they noticed Phil an unknown girl who they knew almost immediately. "Guess who I found?" Mari asked.

"Mari!" Yuko shouted loudly. She ran over to Yuko and hugged her, as well as a few members. Phil looked over and saw that Rika had already got a chair for him. Phil sat down and sighed, as he watched the members welcome Mari. "You all right?" Rika asked.

"Yeah, for right now," Phil answered. "I'm not hungry anymore. Sorry for what happened."

"It's not your fault," Rika said to him. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Not right now, maybe later." Phil said, knowing that it was the wrong answer for right now.

"Lucky you," Rika said, changing the subject. "You got to talk to Mari first."

"I just left the restroom and there she was," Phil commented. "She gave me quite a scare."

"She really is a nice person," Rika said while looking over at Mari.

"So are you," Phil replied.

Rika blushed at the remark. "Well, I am charming."

"That's true," Phil chuckled.

"Don't worry," Rika said, patting his hand. "Everything will be fine."

"I sure hope so," Phil replied sadly.

After dinner, the group made their back to the bus. Phil found his two newfound friends, Ryu and Misono, chatting with Kaori and Nacchi. He made his way toward them as they were about to enter the bus. "Where are we going next?" he asked.

"I'm not sure," Ryu answered.

"Guess you have to wait and see," Nacchi smiled.

"Hopefully, we won't have to wait long," Misono laughed.

Within a few minutes, everybody made their way inside the bus and sat down. Phil took one last look at the restaurant before stepping on the bus. All the seats were filled, except for one in the back. As he made his way to the back, he heard someone call his name. He looked to see that Rika had saved a seat for him. She smiled as Phil sat down next to her. I was wondering when you would show up," she replied.

"I didn't expect to be sitting in the back," Phil said.

"I did it to get away from everybody."

"Why? Can't stand company?"

"No, just to give us time to talk."

"What about?"

"About getting you guys on the show," Rika smiled. "I want to get you guys on TV full-time."

"How long's it been since Ryu and Misono were on H!M?" Phil asked.

"About 6 months."

"Guess that means another surprise for me."

"I don't want you to tell them yet," Rika said. "I want them to be completely surprised."

"Not a word," Phil promised.

The bus continued to its unknown destination as Phil looked out the window. He ahd a worried look on his face which Rika noticed. "Don't worry, it will be okay," she said.

"I know," Phil said sadly. "I just wish I could be happy like you guys all the time."

"You will be," Rika replied. "Just talk to me if you feel bad."

"I will " he answered. "Do you know where are we going?"

"Nope," she smiled. "It's a surprise."

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2006, 04:02:09 PM »
A few minutes fater the conversation, the bus finally made its way toward an indoor stadium. The parking lot was starting to fill up with cars, but there was no big line of cars waiting to get inside the stadium just yet. The bus drove to the back of the stadium where it stopped just inside the back entrance. Everybody got out as Ryu, Misono and Phil try to figure out what was going on.

"Any ideas guys?" Phil asked.

"Beats me," Ryu answered. "Guess we're not at a concert."

"They would have said something on the bus if they did," Misono agreed. "I wonder what's going to happen?"

The three kept guessing on the surprise for a few minutes until Mari came up to them. "Can't figure it out yet?" she asked. "From the people coming in, you would have guessed it by now."

"What? What is it?" Misono asked.

"You guys ever been to one of our soccer games?" Miki asked. She, along with Yossie came up to the group carrying sports bags.

"Would have never guessed it," Ryu replied.

"Why didn't you tell us sooner?" Misono asked.

"You never asked," Yossie laughed.

Phil had watched soccer before, he was a fan of it. However, when he got to the stadium, he saw that the field was much smaller than a regulation sized field, it was cut down to almost half. Even the goal nets were smaller than regulation size. As Phil was looking at the people in the stadium coming in to fill up the seats, he felt something fall on his shoulder. Yossie had come from behind giving Phil a orange jersey.

"Wear this," she said.

"What for," Phil asked.

"Not only that you're a part of us, you're also a part of our soccer team," Yossie said. "It's only right that you and your friends wear our jerseys."

Phil put on his jersey which had Yosssie's name and number on the back. He saw that Misono had Miki's jersey and that Ryu had Reina's jersey. The three were almost speechless before Miki took a picture of the three in their jerseys. "The surprises just keep coming, don't they?" Phil asked.

"I got a feeling there's more to come," Ryu began to smile.

"You're probably right," Misono agreed.

Mari and Yuko led the three to where the group was going to sit for the game. As they were waiting for the group to come out for pratice, Mari tapped Phil on the shoulder and motioned him to the mini stage  that was set up near one of the soccer goal posts. Phil saw two girls which he instantly knew before they came up to him.

"We thought that was him coming off the bus," Yui told Erika.

"You know them," Mari asked Phil.

"Yep, I was on their show last night," Phil told her.

"Should have told you about the soccer game last night," Erika said.

"I can tell you guys are going to do a concert," Phil replied.

"Yep, and we're not through with you yet," Yui smiled.

"Have you guys done this with Ryu and Misono?" Phil asked.

"Yep, we just like you better," Erika replied. Looks like they are about ready for the game."

Phil looked to see that Morning Musume(in their orange jerseys) were entering the stadiium to cheers. Mari and Phil went back to their seats just in time for player introductions. Phil now knew that Viyuden was going to perform after the game, but he then began to wonder if Rika liked him more than just a friend. It seemed that Yui and Erika were saying the same thing. Before he could think of the situation(which brought a small smile to his face), the game was set to begin.

The game started off slowly for about ten minutes before Yossie kicked in the opening goal. They were playing a tem called Red Rose. Not much else happened in the first half, except for Konno making save after save. However, the pace changed quickly in the second half when Red Rose scored with a goal of their own. However, minutes later, Yossie scored another goal as well as Miki and Risa to put the game out of reach. After the game, Morning Musume(which was also known as Gatas Brilhantas H.P. in the game), celebrated their win. As they left, the P.A. announcer said that there would be a mini concert in the center of the soccer stage.

Within a few minutes, Viyuden came out and performed their new song to the crowd. It was the same song that they performed on H!M yesterday. They played a few more songs before Rika thanked the crowd. "I would like to dedicate this next song to a very special friend of mine," she said.

Phil was stunned, he knew that Rika was talking to him. He couldn't believe someone would dedicate a song, or anything for that matter, to him. He knew he did mean something to Rika, maybe even Morning musume for that matter. As he heard the song, he began to cry. However, it was not the same tears he had been crying by himself, it was a different set. He wished he could say something to Rika then, but he could tell her later. When the song ended, all he could do was wave to Rika. She saw Phil from afar and waved back.

After the concert was over, Phil and his friends backstage to the bus which would take them home. Ryu and Misono was talking to the group while Phil was stil stunned over what happened. Rika and her group made their way towards Phil. "Took you by surprise, did we?" Yui smiled.

"I'm speechless," Phil answered.

"I meant every word," Rika told him. "That's your song."

"I don't know what to say," Phil said. "Nobody's ever done that for me before."

"You're special to all of us," Erika replied.

The gang talked for awhile before it was time to go. It was already dark and a little rain was falling. The gang got on the bus and made their way back to their homes. Phil was looking at the window and had a slight smile on his face. He wished he had the same look on his face every day. Maybe now, with Morning Musume with him, it could finally break him from what he left back home. He turned to Rika, who had finished talking to her bandmates and tapped on her shoulder.

"Rika?" he asked.

"What is it?" she asked Phil.

"I just wanted to say thank you for tonight, and for the song."

"Aww, you're welcome." Rika said as he hugged him which she then kissed him on the cheek, just like the night before. Phil almost blushed as she did that as he turned to look out the window again. As the bus got close to the apartment, Phil saw that Rika had laid her head on his shoulder. He smiled as he wished that moment could stay this way for an eternity.

The bus finally stopped at Ryu and Misono's apartment, which meant Phil had to go. Even though he wished he couldn't, he knew that he would see Rika tomorrow. He had to go to bed anyway, he was tired from the entire day. Phil stepped off the bus with Ryu and Misono as Rika, Yossie, and Mari got off as well.

"What a day," Misono said.

"You're not kidding," Ryu agreed.

"All set for tomorrow?" Mari asked.

"Looks like we're not going to get a day off anytime soon," Ryu commented.

"Thank your friend Phil," Yuko said from the bus.

"At least he's enjoying it," Yossie replied.

"Don't worry, you guys will get a day off or two," Mari replied. "I'll see you guys tomorrow morniing."

"See you then," Misono replied.

Meanwhile, Phil was talking to Rika about tomorrow. He didn't want her to leave, but he knew that she had to get some sleep as well. Phil didn't know it, but being with her made him feell at peace with himself. He wanted to tell her what was bothering him, but he couldn't find himself to say it.

"Well, looks like I'll see you tomorrow," Rika said.

"I'll see you then," Phil replied.

"Before you go, let me give you something." Rika had gotten out a pen and a piece of paper and had written something down. She gave it to Phil and closed his hand. She kissed Phil on the forehead and hugged him. Phil noticed from the back of the bus, Erika and Yui motioning to do something. Phil couldn't make it out, but he let go of Rika and joined his friends inside the apartment. He waved at the group before he closed the door.

"Man, that was some day," Ryu finally said.

"You're telling me," Phil agreed.

"I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to take a long, hot bath." Misono replied, "I'll put some songs on the stereo."

"I could use a hot bath myself," Phil replied.

"There's another bathroom near your room," Ryu answered. "You're free to use that."

Phil obliged and went to the spare bathroom. He turned on the water, got undressed, and sat in the tub. He laid there, wondering if it could get any better than this. He heard the radio playing in the living room and rested his eyes for a few minutes. The music, as well as the water, relaxed him. He laid there, for what seemingly like hours before he before he got out of the tub and got ready for bed. He said goodnight to Ryu and Misono and went to bed. He could still hear the radio playing as he put his dirty clothes in the clothes basket. He put his new Gatas jersey in the closet and went to bed. He fell asleep a few minutes later as the DJ was about to sign off for the night.

He drifted off to sleep where he dreamed he was back home. He opened the door and saw that there was nobody home. He went to his old room and saw that there was nothing there of him, not even a picture. He looked around the house to see that everything else was in order. All the rooms had something in them, except for his. He didn't know what was going on, but he knew that it had something to do with him leaving. He decided to go go ahead and just leave, knowing that it would be the best way to leave everything in its place.

Suddenly, he heard the door open and stood a man wondering why there was another person in his house."You know, you're not allowed here anymore, do you?" the man asked. "You're dead to everybody."

"That's not true," Phil said. "I'm still alive."

"No you're not," the man said angrily. "You're nothing to us. You should have died on the plane."

"You always was like that, wasn't you?" Phil asked.

"You caused this yourself," the man said. He pulled out a gun and pointed it at Phil. "Let us save both of us the trouble," he said.

Before the gun fired, Phil woke up and screamed. He began to panic if Ryu or Misono heard him scream. Phil listened for a few minutes before they realized they were still asleep. Phi sat up on the bed and began to sob uncontrollably. He wondered why all of this was happening to him. He couldn't figure it out. Suddenly, he remembered that Rika had given something to him hours earlier. He went through his jeans pocket and found the piece of paper. He opened it to reveal that it had Rika's phone number on it. Phil sat down and read the number for a few minutes before he put it next to the alarm clock. He got back up and looked out the window to see the rain falling. He looked at it with a tear in his eye.

"Rika? Where are you?" he asked sadly.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Hello!Japan
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 08:17:04 PM »
WTF? :shocked: At first I was wondering if Phil was always crying because he was a manic-depressive or something.  But now what's this about a gun, and he's supposed to be dead?  :confused:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 02:58:49 PM »
Chapter 4

The next morning, Phil got out of bed and got dressed for the day. He noticed that the house was oddly quiet than it was the past couple of days. He also noticed that his friends Ryu and Misono were not here. He began to wonder if they had left him to fend for himself. He walked into the kitchen where he found a note on the table which read:

Hey Phil! Mari called us early this morning. Don't worry, it's not about you. She said something about a surprise for both of us. Also, Rika called asking you to call her today. Anyway, be back soon to tell you everything! Ryu and Misono

Phil remembered that he still had Rika's number from the night before. He decided to go ahead and call her while everybody was gone. He got the number from his room and began to call. Unfortunately, he couldn't get the number to work for some reason. He knew that Rika wouldn't give him a bogus number. Phil gave up after a few tries and decided to go out and do some clothes shopping. He needed to anyway, since his clothes were out of style with the Japanese public.

He got his wallet from the bedroom(which he put Rika's number in it) wrote a note to Ryu and Misono that he went out clothes shopping and left his apartment to check the city. As he made his way walking toward the city, once again he never saw a city that had so much to give to its people. Phil went to the first clothes store he spotted and looked around.The store clerks were helpful in picking out the clothes that fit Phil's style. Phil left the store with a couple of bags and a new look for the city.

Phil checked his wallet and saw that he didn't have much left to spend on. He had some extra money he saved up in one of his suitcases back at the apartment, but that was his emergency money. He had enough to buy hum something to eat, but that was about it. He went to the nearest restaurant, not realizing that someone was looking at him. He sat outside to eat and watch the city. Little did he realize that the same person that was looking at him was coming toward him.

Phil finished eating and began to sigh. He wished he could call Rika, only if he knew how to operate the phone system in Japan. Suddenly, someone was talking to him in some language that he couldn't understand. He was in a trance for about a minute, before the person shook him out of it. Phil turned to see a woman, who was about the same age as Phil, maybe a little older. She had short, light brown hair, and had red glasses which stood out. She had a smile that made Phil at ease about what was going on.

"May I sit down?" she asked.

"Um, yeah sure," Phil answered.

She sat down beside Phil and began to read the paper, just like she did before Phil entered the restaurant. Phil looked at the paper, and couldn't understand the small print. To him, it was just symbols and pictures. "Wish I knew how to understand Japanese," he said.

"It's really not that hard," the woman said. "It just take practice, patience and time."

"If I'm gonna stay here, I'm gonna have to learn," Phil replied.

"You look familiar," the woman said. "Do you know Yuko Nakazawa?"

"How did you know?"

"Because, she was telling me about you last night."

"I'm sorry, but I forgot to ask your name."

"My name is Megumi Murata. I'm from the group Melon Kinenbi."

"I've never heard of the group before."

"I know," Megumi smiled. "You will soon though. I called the rest of my bandmates over. They'll be there in a few minutes."

"I'm still surprised you know me."

"Thank your friend Yuko. I heard you just got here recently."

"Yeah, I love it here so far."

"I'm glad you are. You've made quite a few friends here."

"When are your friends coming?"

"Here they are now."

Phil looked over and saw three girls that were about the same age as Phil. One girl had her hair dyed blue. Another girl had her hair wavy, like Mari's. The other girl had her black hair pulled up, just like Rika's hair was in the skit yesterday. Megumi motioned the three over to where she and Phil were. She hugged her bandmates as Phil watched. "Phil, these are my bandmates," Megumi said. "Girls, this is Phil."

"I'm Ayumi," the black-haired girl said. "Please to meet you."

"I'm Masae," the blue-haired girl said. "Nice to meet you."

"I'm the leader Hitomi," the wavy-haired girl said. "How long have you been here?"

"Just the other day," Phil answered. "Hopefully, I can stay here for a while."

"We hope so too," Masae replied. "Do you have a place to stay?"

"I'm with a couple of freinds at an apartment right now," Phil said.

"They wouldn't be Ryu and Misono, would they?" Ayumi asked.

"You know them too?" Phil asked.

"We introduced ourselves to them, along with Yuko last year," Hitomi explained. "That's how they started their H!P club."

"You doing anything right now?" Megumi asked.

"No, probaly go home and check to see if Ryu and Misono came yet," Phil replied. "I overslept and missed meeting Morning Musume today."

"I'm sure you'll see them today," Masae said. "Why don't you call them?"

"I don't have a phone," Phil answered. "Plus, I don't know how to call someone."

"Come on," Hitomi said. "We'll get you a phone, our treat."

Phil got into Hitomi's car along with the rest of the band and went to the nearest phone shop to buy him a phone. Within a few minutes, Megumi showed Phil how to operate his new phone. As Phil and Melon Kinenbi left the phone store, Phil saw a bus which had Morning Musume inside. They saw Phil and the band and waved to them. Phi, waved back, knowing that Ryu, Misono and Mari were on the bus as well. "Can you guys get me back to the apartment quick?" Phil asked.

"Sure," Hitomi answered. "Hop in."

A few minutes later, Phil was back at the apartment. Before they left, Melon Kinenbi gave Phil their phone numbers and told them that they would call them tonight. When they left, Phil quickly called Rika and hoped that she would answer. After a few rings, he got Rika's answering machine. Phil left a text message on her cell phone:

It's Phil. Ryu and Misono told me to call you. Call me back when you get this, Phil.

Hopefully, Rika would call Phil back soon. He decided to sit down in the living room and watched a J-drama for awhile. He hoped Rika would call him during that time. A few minutes later, Ryu and Misono came inside to see their friend Phil with a new phone. "I saw you guys earlier today," phil said.

"Yossie told us you were with Melon Kinenbi," Misono replied.

"They were talking about you too," Phil said.

"Did they tell you that Yuko and Melon Kinenbi introduced up to H!P?" Ryu asked.

"They said that too," phil answered. "They got me a phone too."

"Did you call Rika?" Ryu asked.

"Few minutes ago," Phil answered. "Got her answering machine. I left her a text message."

"She'll call soon," Misono replied.

"You're right," Phil said. "I know she will."

The gang sat down and watched television for a few minutes before they were interrupted by a knock on the door. Ryu got up and answered the door, which turned out to be Mari.She greeted the three friends with hugs and sat down beside them. "We missed you today Phil," Mari said. "What happened? Did you overslept?"

"You could say that," Phil answered.

"Phil got to see Melon Kinenbi today," Ryu commented.

"How did you do that?" Mari asked.

"I was getting some new clothes, and when I went to get something to eat, there they were." Phil comented, "I saw Megumi first, before her bandmates came over."

"That was what Yossie was telling me," Mari said. "I didn't believe her at first."

Suddenly, a phone rang from one of the group's phones. Everybody checked to see whose phone was ringing before they realized it was Phil's. Phil rushed outside to see if it was Rika on the other line. He hoped it was.

"Rika?" he asked.

"Nope, just Megumi."

"Sorry, got a little excited there. I was hoping it was her."

"Don't worry, I bet she'll call soon."

"So, what's up?"

"Well, me and the band was wondering if you wanted to hang out with us tonight."

"Sure, what time?"

"8:30 sound all right?"

"Sure, see you then. Tell your friends I said hi."

"No problem."

Phil hung up the phone and went back inside. As he went in, he heard a loud commotion. Ryu and Misono were celebrating in the living room. Mari went over to Phil, ready to tell him the good news. "You guys are going to be on the show in the next couple of weeks," she said.

"I had a feeling we would," Phil replied.

"How did you know?" Ryu asked.

"Me and Rika were alking about it yesterday," Phil explained. "She told me not to say anything."

"Probably that was the reason why Rika wanted to call you," Misono replied.

"Maybe," Ryu said. "Was that her on the phone?"

"No, it was Megumi," Phil answered. "I'm hanging out with her and the band tonight."

"You'll have fun with them," Mari said. "Well, I gotta go. I'll call you guys later."

Before she left, Mari gave Phil her phone number. As they said goodbye to Mari, all three had a smile on their faces."Can you believe were going to be on H!M in a couple of weeks?" Ryu asked.

"I still can't believe it," Misono answered. "Phil, you're gonna love being on the show."

"Hopefully, we'll be regulars," Ryu commented.

"That would be cool if we were," Phil replied.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 04:20:44 PM by cool_kickin_dude »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2006, 03:47:46 PM »
The three went back inside to put on some Morning Musume songs on the radio. During the next hour, they all were singing and dancing to no end. For Ryu and Misono, it was no big deal to appear on H!M, they have been on the show a few times before. For Phil, it was new territory for him. He had been on stage with Rika after the show, but that was about it. He didn't know what to expect when he would step onto the stage, but he knew that he would be in for an experience he would never forget.

An hour later(the end of the music playing), one of the friend's phones began to ring. Phil checked his phone, which only rung once, but that was it. He looked to see who called, which turned out to be Rika. She left a message on his phone which read:

Phil, it's Rika. Call me back when you get this.

Phil remembered that he sent Rika a message a couple of hours earlier. Phil went outside and called Rika back as fast as he could. She wanted Phil to call back from this past morning. He nearly dialed the wrong number a few tims before he remembered the call back button on his phone. It rang a few times like before, and for a moment, Phil wondered if she would pick up. He breathed a sigh of relief when she picked up on the next ring.

"Hello?" she asked.

"It's Phil."

"I've been waiting for you to call all day today. I got your message."

"Mari told Ryu and Misono our secret."

"She just called me a few minutes ago. Thanks for keeping our secret."

"You're welcome. So, how are you?"

"I'm fine..just wishing you were here."

"Why's that?

"Because, nothing's fun without you. You doing anything tonight?"

"Yeah, gonna hang out with Melon Kinenbi. Just saw them today."

"You'll like them, they're cool. What about tomorrow night?"

"No, let's do something then."

"All right, say around 7:00?"

"See you then?"

"Phil?" Rika asked before hanging up. "I wanted to say something."

"What is it?" Phil asked.

"Nothing, I'll call you later tonight." Rika wanted to say something which meant something to her, but couldn't bring herself to do it. At least, not right then anyway. "I'll see you tomorrow night."

"All right," Phil replied, hoping she would have said what was on her mind. "Just call me later tonight."

"I will," Rika said sweetly. "I promise."

Phil hung up his phone and was already laughing and smiling. Even though he wished he could hang out with Rika tonight, he knew it would be well worth the wait. Just then, Ryu and Misono came outside wondering what was going on. "Looks like Rika finally called you," Ryu said.

"Yep, we're going out tomorrow night," Phil said.

"Is it a date?" Misono asked, smiling.

"No, I wish it was," Phil agreed.

"You and Rika make quite a team, don't you?" Ryu asked.

"Yep," Phil replied. "I hope something comes out of it."

Later that evening, the trio watched episodes of Hello!Morning without end(Morning Musume had given copies of the show to Ryu and Misono for keeps). The group was having so much fun watching the show that they forgot the time. When they heard a knock at the door, Phil ran to his room and got changed quickly. Misono answered the door to find Melon Kinenbi waiting at the door. "Is Phil ready to go?" Hitomi asked.

"It'll take a few minutes," Misono answered.

"That's alright, we can wait," Ayumi replied. The band went inside and sat down in the living room with Ryu and Misono and talked about their upcoming concert, among other things. Then, they began to talk about their new video which would be shot in a few weeks. The group talked for ten minutes before Phil came out his room, ready to go. He was wearing the clothes that he had bought earlier this morning.

"Sorry to keep you guys waiting," Phil replied.

"No problem," Masae said. "Ready to go?"

"Let's go." Phil and the band began to make their way to the door as Ryu and Misono waved them goodbye. As they left, Megumi put in one of the band's cd's to listen to along the way. "We should tell that we're shooting a video in the next coule of weeks and you guys are welcome to attend," she said.

"Thanks," Phil replied. "So, where are we going?"

"Probably just an amusement park," Hitomi said. "You don't mind, do you?"

"No, not at all," Phil said.

It was a long drive to the amusement park, almost as long as the trip to the sports stadium. Before they got there, Phil saw a huge ferris wheel that was basically in the middle of the park. By the time the car got closer to the park, Phil could see the lights that made the park look almost recognizable. Within a few minutes, the group went inside the park to begin their night of fun.

First, they made their way to the game booths and tried their luck at the skill games. Everyone won at least one big prize before they made their way to the rides. They tried the bumper cars, the paddle boats, and the scrambler before they went inside the huge ferris wheel. As the ferris wheel began to turn, Melon Kinenbi began to chat with Phil.

"So, what do you do?" Hitomi asked.

"What do you mean?" Phil asked.

"What work do you do?"

"I used to be a security guard before I left," Phil explained. "I had some money saved up before our contract wasn't renewed with the company we was working for."

"I'm sorry for you," Masae replied.

"Too bad my new group doesn't get paid," Phil replied sadly.

"You might me surprised," Megumi said. "What about your family?"

The question made Phil's lower lip tremble. He had to hold it together since he couldn't escape the ferris wheel car. He had to say something, but he had to make it truthful. "I don't want to talk about my family right now," he said.

"Is it bad?" Ayumi asked.

"You could say that," Phil answered.

"You can tell us later," Megumi replied.

Nothing was said about Phil's family after that. The gang continued to have fun for another couple of hours before the girls drove Phil home. Phil wanted to tell the girls what was wrong, but he couldn't find the words to say it. One thing was for sure, at least he wasn't crying like he had been doing. When the car pulled up to Phil's apartment, Phil and Megumi got out and walked to the front door.

"Thanks for tonight," Phil said.

"You're welcome," Megumi replied. "Sorry for bringing your parents up."

"Don't worry," Phil said. "I'll tell you guys about it later."

Megumi hugged Phil before he went inside as Megumi made her way back to the car. Phil went to his room and fell asleep almost immediatley. He didn't mean to, but he was worn out from hanging out with the band. He began to dream that he was at, of all things, a cemetary. He didn't know what was going on, but as he made his way into the cemetary, he saw that a group of people were leaving.

He walked to the end of the cemetary where he saw a lone grave that a few people were still looking at. Phil went up to the grave where a few people were talking about the person that had died. "It's sad to see that it had to end like that," one person said.

"I know, but maybe it was for the best," another person said.

"I don't think anybody really liked him at all," the first person replied.

"No, I believe his family didn't want him alive," the second person said. "Least he died without causing anymore trouble."

Phil noticed that the two people were talking about the person on the grave site. He took one look and saw that they were talking about him. Phil's name was on the grave site. His mouth dropped and a shocked look appeared on his face. The people were talking about him and didn't cared if he lived or died. He had to tell the two people that he was still alive.

"What are you guys talking about?" Phil asked. "I'm still alive."

"Did you hear something?" the second person asked.

"No, did you?" the first person said.

"I"m still alive!" Phil explained, "I'm not dead!"

The people began to leave as Phil ran up to them, trying to explain that he was still alive. However, the people kept walking, unaware of what was going on. Phil went back to the grave site and saw that the site had no coffin, just Phil's own self dirt. Phil began to scream and cry before he woke up nearly screaming. He checked the clock which read 1:30 AM. As he laid back down, the phone rang. It was Rika on the other line, as Phil answered it quickly.

"Hello?"

"It's Rika. Everything go all right tonight?"

"Yeah, everything went fine.

"Sorry if I woke you up late, I couldn't sleep."

"No, that's fine." Phil began to start shaking as he finally began to cry from the dream he just had. He wished that Rika didn't hear him crying.

"Are you all right?" Rika asked. "I can hear you crying."

"I'll be all right," Phil answered. "I'll tell you everything tomorrow night."

"OK, you can tell me then," Rika said. "Don't worry, I'll always be there for you."

"I know you will," Phil answered before hanging up.

Phil didn't sleep much after that. Maybe because he would have another nightmare as worse as the previous one. He had to tell Ryu and Misono as well as everyone else about his past. He knew had to tell them soon before all of his worst fears would finally come true. He just hoped that Rika would save him before everything would come crashing down on Phil's life
« Last Edit: November 22, 2006, 04:22:06 PM by cool_kickin_dude »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 04:49:09 PM »
Chapter 5

Phil watched the sunrise from his window while he listened to Viyuden's album. He had put it on minutes prior to the sunrise and had it to some of the slower songs on the album. Between the songs and the album, it was the only peace he had to himself since he moved to Japan. He had a long day ahead of him, so he went to his bathroom and took a long, hot bath.

A few minutes later, he heard Ryu and Misono move around the house and began to make breakfast. Phil got out of the tub, got dressed and joined his friends in the kitchen. He had to tell them about what happened the night before and the bad dreams that had been plaguing him recently. He wanted to get everything out in the open before meeting with Rika later that night.

"Morning," Ryu said. "Did you have fun last night?"

"Yep," Phil replied. "Didn't get much sleep last night."

"Probably from all the fun you guys had," Misono said.

"Well, it was more that that," Phil replied sadly.

"What do you mean?" Ryu asked.

"Actually, it has something to do with me before coming here." Phil started to shake a little, but kept it under control. "I haven't been fully honest with you guys."

"You mean about your parents?" Misono asked. Phil was in shock, he didn't realize his friends could have the same problems as he did. "We've had the same problems with our parents, but they've accepted it."

"Not like this," Phil answered.

"How bad?" Ryu asked.

"How about them wishing you were dead before coming here?" Phil answered.

"Now that's real bad," Ryu replied. "What happened?"

Phil took a deep breath and explained everything. "A week prior to me leaving, my job was cut from the place I was supposed to be working for. That caused a lot of friction between me and my parents. My parents and I had a huge argument over it, saying I was worthless and a lot of other names. Of course, my sister left because she couldn't stand my parents either. So I saved up my money and I bought a ticket to get away from them."

"I'm so sorry," Misono said.

"Where does the death part come into play, if I don't mind asking?" Ryu asked.

"I had a couple of dreams the past few nights about it," Phil said. "It was like I never existed. That was one of the reasons I would run somewhere and cry."

"I've had many arguments with my parents, but not like this," Ryu said.

"Don't worry," Misono said. "You can stay with us as long as you want."

"Thanks guys," Phil said. "But I don't have much money though."

"Actually, we get paid in a few days for appearing on H!M," Ryu said. "We'll have money then."

"I'm gonna walk around town for awhile," Phil said. "Gotta get Rika something for tonight."

"Good idea," Misono said. "I would tell Rika everything, just like you told us."

"I will," Phil replied. "She called me early this morning. Hope she will understand."

"Don't worry," Ryu said. "She likes you for being yourself."

After breakfast, Phil got his phone out of his room and headed out to town. He told Ryu and Misono that he wouldn't be out for long. They told Phil that to take as much time as he wanted and to call them if he needed anything. Phil had taken money out of his emergency savings just in case he found something that he wanted to have right away. He knew his top priority was to give Rika something for their date that night.

He walked into towan, hoping that he would find something that would catch his eye that he could give to Rika. He went to every place he could find, hoping to find that special gift. He was about to give up, until he saw two girls that were looking at the same things Phil was looking at. "You're not going to find anything good here," one girl said. "Rika likes things that come from the heart."

Phil turned around and saw Rika's friends, Erika and Yui, smiling at him. Phil hugged the two and joined them in looking for a gift. They went shopping for an hour before Phil found something that Rika would like. He had the item gift-wrapped and joined Erika and Yui for some lunch. Phil enjoyed thier company, knowing that he could see why Rika had such good friends in Yui and Erika. "Did Rika tell you we were going out tonight?" Phil asked.

"Yep," Erika said. "She was just as nervous as you are."

"You guys should have done something the night before," Yui replied.

"We wanted you guys to do something," Yui said. "I know it's silly, but you guys would make a great couple."

"You guys think so?" Phil wondered.

"We know you do," Erika answered. "Rika said you were sad last night."

"I was," Phil explained. "I'll tell her tonight. I hope she understands."

"She will," Yui replied. "She loves you too much to see you this way."

"Do you love her Phil?" Erika asked.

Phil thought about the question for a few minutes before knowing the answer. It should have came to him right away, but that was his worriness coming to him. He knew that Ryu and Misono wanted him to be with Rika as well as Erika and Yui. He never had so many friends, even when he was back home. At that moment, he knew what he had to do. "Yes I do," Phil replied. "More than anything."

"Then hold onto her," Erika said. "Don't ever let her go."

"Don't worry about what anybody would say," Yui replied. "We'll stand by you no matter what."

Phil smiled at the two, knowing that his friends were right. The three walked around the city for awhile before they walked back toward Phil's apartment. Erika and Yui gave Phil their phone numbers and told him to call if he needed them. "Let us know about tonight," Erika said.

"I will," Phil said. "Thanks again."

Phil watched the two leave as Phil held the gift that he bought to Rika in his hand He kissed it and hoped that Rika would love it. He thought about calling her, but he decided to wait until she came over tonight. Phil knew that Erika and Yui were right, knowing that he and Rika would make a couple. He went inside and saw Ryu and Misono sitting on the couch, watching a Morning Musume concert.

"Did you get Rika anything?" Misono asked.

"Yep," Phil answered. "I just saw Erika and Yui in town."

"Rika just called five minutes ago," Ryu said. "I told her for you to call her back."

"I was about to anyway," Phil said. "I'll join you guys in a minute."

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 03:55:34 PM »
Phil went to his room and shut the door. He began to call Rika from his phone as he put his present to Rika on the bed. He put on some of Viyuden's music on the radio, the same music he was listening to earlier this morning. He sat down on the edge of the bed as he heard Rika pick up the phone. To Phil, it was good to hear her voice. "Hello?" she asked.

"Hi, just got back from town."

"I would have called you earlier, but I was a little busy."

"No problem. Just saw Erika and Yui today."

"They know about our date, don't they?"

"When did it become a date?"

"Do you mind it being a date?" Rika said sweetly. Phil's face turned red when she said the word 'date'.

"No, not at all. We set for tonight?"

"Of course. I'll pick you up around 7:30."

"OK, just making sure then."

"I gotta go right now. I'll see you then."

Phil wanted to say something to Rika, but he couldn't because it would take him too long to say it. Besides, he would have time to tell Rika tonight. "I'll see you then," he said.

"You will be surprised, I'll tell you that."

"What's that mean?"

"You'll find out tonight," Rika flirted to Phil before she hung up. Phil was puzzled over the remark. He left his room to rejoin Ryu and Misono, who was watching the police station skit on H!M. Phil sat down with his friends, still puzzled over the remark. "What did she say?" Ryu asked.

"We're still going out tonight," Phil said. "She said it's now a date."

"I figured it would," Misono replied. "What are you guys going to do?"

"I have no clue," Phil said. "She didn't tell me."

"Don't worry," Ryu said. "She'll tell you soon enough."

"I have a feeling that I'm beginning to like her," Phil said as he started to blush.

"We know you are," Misono grinned.

The three watched television for a couple of hours until it was time for everybody to get ready to go out for the night. Ryu and Misono told Phil that they were going out with Nacchi and Yuko for the night. Phil hung around the living room and watched television as Ryu and Misono were getting ready for tonight's engagements.

Phil kept looking at his watch for about the next hour until Ryu and Misono were about to leave. They gave Phil a key to the house, in case he got home early. After they left, Phil began to walk around in the house at a frantic pace. He decided to put on some Morning musume music on the stereo to calm his nerves. He went to the bathroom to take a shower, then to pick out the clothes he would wear for his date that night.

Suddenly, he heard a knock on the door. Phil turned the stereo down and looked at the clock which read 7:00 PM. Thinking that Rika would have come early like she did the first night, Phil left the house and sat on the front porch steps. He didn't see Rika's car outside as he sat down. He was trying to figure out if it he heard someone knocking at the door, when suddenly, he heard the sound again. Phil stood up and walked around the house, trying to find the sound. After a few minutes, Phil went back to the front of the house only to see Rika smiling at him.

From head to toe, she was dressed in pink. She had a pink sweater, pink skirt, pink shoes and her pink Charmy hat. She walked over to Phil, hugged him and gave him another kiss on the cheek. "I would have come to the front door, but I thought I'd surprise you," she said.

"Where's your car?" Phil asked.

"I though we would walk around town for tonight," Rika said. "How do I look?"

Phil was speechless. Seeing Rika all dressed in pink made PHil's clothes seem like the clothes he would wear back home. "You look beautiful," he finally said.

"Thank you," Rika smiled. "You look handsome yourself."

"Well, these are just regular clothes," Phil replied.

"I don't mind," Rika assured Phil. "You ready to go?"

"Hold on, gotta get something form the house." Phil remembered the small box in his bedroom. He ran back in the house, got the box, his wallet and his phone. He locked the front door and joined Rika outside. He took a deep breath and walked with Rika toward town. Rika put an arm on Phil's shoulder as Phil's head touched Rika's. "Do you think anybody will spot us?" he asked.

"Don't worry," Rika said. "I know some places where nobody will see us."

They made their way into a marketplace where there weren't many people, except for the vendors. They got some fruit bowls and walked over to a nearby restaurant. After they ordered, Phil and Rika sat near a corner table so they wouldn't be bothered. During dinner, they were looking at each other's eyes and smiling at each other. They didn't want anything more than to be with each other the entire night.

After dinner, they walked out of the restaurant, clinging to themselves as before. As they began to leave the town, Phil felt his hand being squeezed by Rika. He looked over to see her smile and blush, almost like giving him a sign. Phil squeezed Rika's hand as he finally summoned up the courage to kiss her on the cheek. Rika blushed red even more and broke off into a run with Phil following. Both were laughing as they ran for a few miles befor ethey made their way into a deserted field with two trees overlooking the town.

When they made it to the trees, both were out of breath. Phil sat down beside one of the trees as Rika took off her sweater to reveal her pink skirt top. She sat down beside Phil as they watched the stars. Phil had his head on Rika's shoulder and began to think to himself over what he should tell Rika about his personal life. He had already told Ryu and Misono about it this morning. He knew he had to tell Rika before anything could go on between the two of them. For the first time in a while, Phil had a good feeling that he may finally had something to look forward to. He took his head off Rika's shoulder and looked at her face, who was still smiling at him.

"Rika, I have to tell you something," Phil started to say.

"Before you do, I want to give you something," Rika said. She pulled out a box, almost the same size of Phil's box. She gave it to Phil to open. Phil opened the box, which revealed a small chain and a ring inside. Phil took the chain out, which had a Japanese symbol on it. He took the ring out, which was gold and had a different Japanese symbol on it. Phil put the ring on, as Rika put the necklace on him. He was speechless, as he fumbled in his pocket for his present to Rika.

He finally took the package out and gave it to Rika. She opened it and was in shock as well. It was a small ring, almost like a promise ring. She took the ring out of the box and put it on her pinky finger. She kissed Phil on the cheek when she saw him crying. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Rika..I'm sorry," Phil tried to speak between crying.

"For what?" Rika asked. "You didn't do anything wrong."

"I never told you about me," Phil cried. "I left to get away from my family.. My dad din't want me to be alive, I don't have a job now, and I'm afraid that they'll find me here. I don't want to lose you, but I..I.."

He finally broke down and sobbed uncontrollably as Rika consoled him. Phil had finally done what he thought he would never could do. He had told his darkest secret to not only a person he had known for a few days, but someone he could be falling in love with. Rika took Phil's head and looked into his eyes. The sight of Phil crying made Rika almost cry as well.

"That's why you have been crying," Rika finally said. "I can understand why you couldn't tell me earlier."

"I'm sorry for not telling you earlier," Phil replied. "I couldn't say it in front of anybody because you guys were happy all the time."

"We're not all happy sometimes," Rika said. "We sometimes have the same problems too."

"I had to tell you sooner or later," Phil said. "I don't want to be hurt anymore."

"You're not going to be," Rika replied. "You have a job with us, you have the best friends in the world, and you're a part of our family." She stroked Phil's hair as she told him, "I promise you, nobody will ever hurt you again."

She put one hand on Phil's face to wipe the tears from his eyes. She took the other hand and put it on Phil's heart. Her nose nearly touched Phil's and her breath was only inches away. She kissed Phil lightly on the lips before she deepened the kiss. Phil could smell her perfume between kisses.It was the most sweetes, breathtaking kiss he had ever experienced. Phil returned the kiss as he held Rika in his arms.

They stopped the kiss as they at each other for a few seconds. Phil blinked to see if he was dreaming the whole date. He saw Rika's face and finally smiled. He began to realize that being with Rika was meant to be. He knew that as long as he was with Rika and her friends, he would be all right.

"I love you Rika," Phil finally said.

"I love you too," Rika smiled.

They kissed for quite a while as they sat beneath one of the trees watching the city lights go out, one by one. They held each other as the sun began to rise. Phil and Rika got up and made the long walk back to Phil's apartment. They held hands as they smiled at each other. Rika got on Phil's back as Phil carried her into town. They took a shortcut, so they wouldn't be noticed by anybody. When they got to Phil's apartment, Rika said that she would call Phil later in the day. She kissed Phil before walking herself home. Phil went inside and went to his room. He closed the door and played Viyuden's cd. He smiled as he fell asleep.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 08:05:14 PM by cool_kickin_dude »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2006, 04:44:39 AM »
Chapter 6

Phil was standing in the field, almost the same field where he was hours ago. He looked in the distance and saw Rika from afar. He ran a good ways toward her, before he walked the rest of the way. She was turned away from Phil, but knew that it was him. She turned and smiled at him, motioning Phil to come close. The wind picked up just a little, just enough for Rika's hair to flow. She put her arms around Phil's neck and kissed him. Phil wanted nothing more than to be with her always. Suddenly, he heard a voice calling him..."Phil, are you there?" the voice asked.

Phil woke up from the dream and wished that he hadn't. He knew the voice was coming from the house, but he had no clue who it was. He got dressed and went into the kitchen to find a girl looking around the house. It was Nacchi, even though Phil couldn't recognize her immediately because she was wearing a hat. "Nacchi, what are you doing?" Phil asked.

"Oh! Hi Phil!" Nacchi said before running up to Phil and hugged him. "Come on, we're gonna be late."

"For what?" Phil asked. "How did you get in?"

"Well, Ryu and Misono gave me one of their keys," Nacchi replied.

"Well, that makes sense," Phil smiled.

"Come on," Nacchi said, pulling his arm. "We gotta go."

"Okay, okay, give me a minute." Phil went and got changed in less than five minutes. Then he went outside, locked the door with his apartment key and joined Nacchi in her car. "Where are we going?" he asked.

"To the studio, silly," Nacchi smiled. "We're gonna get you guys on the show today."

"I thought we would be on in the next couple of weeks," Phil said.

"You are," Nacchi explained. "We're going to introduce you guys first."

"Oh, okay." Phil looked out the window and smiled. He would have told Nacchi about his night with Rika, but he kept it to himself. He knew they would find out sooner or later, but he wanted them to be in the dark. Nacchi's car made it to the TV station in little time, as Phil and Nacchi got out of the car and started running inside. They made it to the group and the H!M set, 10 minutes before the show was supposed to air.

"Phil! What happened?" Ryu asked.

"Sorry guys," Phil was panting. "You could have told me."

"Yeah, but you were so out of it from last night, we couldn't wake you up," Misono explained.

"What happened last night?" Nacchi asked.

"I'll tell you later," Phil smiled.

"Just in time, Phil!" It was Yossie who came up Phil. "We was wondering if you wouldn't make it."

"I didn't know that we were going to be on the show today," Phil said.

"That was Yuko's idea," Ryu explained. "We was talking about it last night."

"We're gonna get ready for the show," Miki said. "We'll bring you guys out later on the show."

Morning Musume left the trio backstage as they prepared for today's show. Phil looked and saw Rika talking to a few other girls. He didn't mind, knowing that she would see him today. Suddenly his phone rang, again only one ring. Phil checked his message which read:

It's Rika. See you in a few minutes.

Phil knew that Rika had saw him prior to him entering the studio. He sat down alongside Ryu and Misono as they waited for H!M to start. "So, what happened last night?" Ryu asked.

"I'm not telling you," Phil smiled.

"Come on, what happened?" Misono begged Phil to know.

"Nope," Phil laughed. "You guys will find out soon enough."

The show kicked off with a performance by W. Their number was a catchy song and had numerous dance steps. Then, Yuko welcomed Morning Musume on their show and talked about the game that would be played. The game was about the band being blindfolded and had to guess the object by only using their heads to touch it. As Phil, Ryu, and Misono were watching the game, they were nearly on the floor laughing.

Next was a brand new skit that Phil hadn't seen before. It had Yuko, Sayumi and Ai as policewomen. It also had Risa being bullied by two other girls that were dressed as young kids. Nacchi appeared as a schoolteacher and was being bullied as well. Then, Yossie and Rika apperared as a husband and wife duo. Phil saw that Rika was bringing out a table, which Yossie tipped over and started hitting everybody.

"That's Ganko Ittetsu," Ryu said to Phil. "One of the funniest skit characters here."

"You're not kidding," Phil replied. He was laughing throughout the whole skit.

After the skit, it went back toward the game's conclusion. The stage manager came up to Ryu and Misono and motioned them to a different part of the stage. Phil followed the group, knowing that it was about time to make their official debut(for Phil's debut anyway). He saw that Ryu and Misono were just as nervous as Phil was. Phil heard Yuko say something that he couldn't understand. To him, it was Yuko introducing Phil and his friends to be on H!M full-time.

Suddenly, the stage doors opened up as Phil and friends walked down the steps to meet Morning Musume and their friends on Maido arii. Phil didn't know what to do, but he saw Ryu and Misono hug Yuko and a mystery woman. Without warning, Phil was turned around and was hugged by Rika. "Just be yourself," she smiled. Phil then began to hug Yuko, Nacchi, Kaori, and the rest of his new friends. Yuko then said some stuff about how Phil and his friends would be on H!M in the next two weeks.

After the show, Phil was met by two girls that Phil could recognize from the song. "You must be Phil, right?" the red-haired girl asked.

"Yeah," Phil answered. "I take it you girls are W, right?

"Yep, I'm Tsuji Nozomi." Tsuji said, "I'm nicknamed Nono by my friends. This is my friend Ai Kago."

"Hello," Kago replied.

Moments later, Phil saw another girl that came toward him. It was the same person that Ryu and Misono were hugging a few minutes earlier. "Hi, Phil. My name's Kei Yasuda."

"Hello," Phil replied.

"Looks like you met Kemeko, eh?" Yuko said as she came up to Phil's group.

"If you're talking about Kei, yeah," Phil said.

"So, are you going to see Rika?" Yuko asked.

"Yeah, I gotta find her," Phil said.

Phil headed backstage to hopefully find Rika. He thought he found her in one of the dressing rooms, instead he found a totally different girl. Her hair was darker than Rika's and she was a little shorter than Rika as well. The girl turned around and saw Phil, who was about to leave the room. "Don't leave," the girl said. "You must be Phil, right?"

"Yeah," Phil said. "I didn't see you on the show."

"I was on," the girl said. "I couldn't find you."

The two hugged each other and Phil knew that she was another friend of Rika's. They both sat down as the girl put something on the stereo. It was a different kind of music Phil had not heard before. "That's one of my albums playing," the girl replied. "My name's Maki Goto. I was a member of Morning Musume."

"I had a feeling you was," Phil said. "Everybody was a member once, right?"

"Yep, exactly." Maki replied. "I come on the show every now and then."

Phil and Maki talked for a few minutes before Rika finally found Phil. She went over to Phil and hugged him, for what seemed to be an eternity. Maki smiled at the two as she looked out to see if anybody was looking. "You know you're gonna get in trouble for this, right?" Maki said.

"So?" Rika smirked. "I don't care."

"You might want to watch out with Rika," Maki said to Phil. "Once she gets something, she never lets go of it."

"I believe I know that," Phil smiled at Rika. "I'm in good hands."

"There you guys are!" Mari had popped her head into the dressing room. "Let's go guys, we're having a party for Phil and the gang."

"I'll meet you guys outside," Maki said as she left with Mari.

Phil and Rika hugged again as they glanced to see if nobody else was spying on them. They kissed for a few seconds before they left the dressing room. "Are we doing anything tonight?" she asked with a wink.

"Anything you want," Phil said as he winked back.

"Let's get going before anybody finds us together," Rika said before she left the room. Phil waited a few seconds before he left the room to join his friends who were waiting outside. The entire group got on a bus to go to a restaurant in the center of town. As the bus was leaving the TV studio, Phil began to smile and laugh. For the first time since he came to Japan, he wished he really wanted to live here for the rest of his life.

Within minutes, the bus pulled into a high-class restaurant in the city's biggest district. Everybody began to get off the bus to go inside, talking about what was about to happen in the next few minutes. As Phil went inside the restaurant, he saw that a large table was already prepared in the center of the building. There was a huge buffet bar like the previous restaurant, but this time, there were already people waiting for Phil and the group. Melon Kinenbi, and Erika and Yui from Viyuden already was preparing the table themselves.
Phil sat down at the table as Erika and Yui sat between him.

"So..?" Yui asked.

"What?" Phil asked.

"You know what," Erika smiled. "What happened last night?"

"I'm not telling," Phil smiled. "Rika's not talking either."

"I know," Erika replied. "She didn't tell us anything."

"Anything about what?" Hitomi asked from behind Erika.

"Nothing important," Phil said. "I'm hungry."

He made his way to where the food bar was and met Konno, who had already filled her plate up to the brim of food. "Too bad I can't eat that much food," he said to Konno.

"Don't worry," she laughed. "There's plenty for everybody."

Everybody began to fill their plates with food(except for Konno who couldn't get anymore food on her plate, to which everybody was laughing about). Fifteen minutes later, everybody was sitting down as Yuko chimed in her glass. "I would like to make a toast to our new friends," she said. "To Ryu, Misono and Phil, here's to the future for you three."

"I would like to make a toast to our friend Phil," Ryu said. "Phil, welcome to not only the best club around, but also the best group of friends you'll ever meet." As the group began the toast, Phil stopped them with his own toast. "I would like to make a toast too," he said.

"First of all, I don't know where to start. To Ryu and Misono, you guys have been so good to me since I came here, it's just unbelievable. To the gang, I just can't thank you enough how you guys have took me into your world and made me one of your own. I truly appreciate it. There's been a lot of things that have happened before I got here, but I'll tell you all that soon. Right now, I'm looking forward to being here for a long time."

The gang cheered and toasted to Phil as they began to eat. Phil shedded another tear, just like at the sports stadium when Rika dedicated a song to him. He grinned, knowing that everything would be all right in the days ahead. He looked over to Rika, who smiled and winked at him. Phil smiled at her and winked back.

After the celebratory lunch, Phil went outside for a few minutes. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply, taking in what had happened the past few days. Never in a million years that he would be able to do the things that he would only dream of. Just then, he was shook by someone. Phil opened his eyes to see his friend Megumi smiling at him.

"What are you thinking about?" Megumi asked.

"I have no idea," Phil said happily.

"You must have some idea," Megumi said.

"Well, there is something I do need to tell you," Phil explained. "You remember the ferris wheel from the other night?"

"Yes?" Megumi asked.

"Well, my parents didn't really wanted me to leave home," Phil said. "My dad hated me a lot and I had some bad dreams the past few days."

"Did he try to hurt you?" Megumi asked.

"Yeah, me and my sister," Phil answered. "My sister was smart, leaving the house and go with her boyfriend. I was pretty much a sitting duck."

"Phil, I am so sorry," Megumi said. "I didn't realize that it would be traumatic to you."

"I'll be okay now," Phil said. "I got you guys with me, I'll be all right."

"We know you will," Megumi said. "Let's go back inside."

Phil and Megumi went back into the restaurant where Yuko and Mari met them at the table. "Am I gonna have to watch you all the time?" she said.

"Maybe," Phil smirked.

"Don't get cocky," Yuko said. "I can kick you out, you know."

"I bet you would," Mari said to Yuko.

"Where's Ryu and Misono?" Phil asked.

"Talking to Rika," Mari answered.

Phil went to where Rika and his friends were talking. She motioned Phil's friends to keep quiet as Phil came close. "What's going on?" Phil asked.

"Nothing really," Misono winked at Ryu.

"Nothing at all," Ryu winked back to Misono.

Phil could tell they were keeping something from him. Probably because of the secret he kept from Ryu and Misono yesterday. He decided to play along with the plan. "All right," Phil said.

"We might tell you later," Rika winked at Phil.

The entire group met back at the table, preparing to leave the restaurant. Nothing much else was going to happen today, because Morning Musume had the day off. For a group that hadn't had one in a few weeks, this was a welcome to site to them. The group was talking to each other about what they were going to do on their big day off.

The entire group got back on the bus to leave. Phil went to the back and sat down. Suddenly, he heard someone call him to the front. It was Nacchi, who motioned him over. Phil went over to her and sat down next to her as the bus was starting up. "So, how do you feel about being on H!M in the next couple of weeks?" Nacchi asked.

"Way nervous," Phil answered.

"Don't worry," Nacchi said. "You guys are going to have a lot of fun being on the show."

Phil looked toward the back and saw Rika talking to her friends, Erika and Yui. The two were trying to make Rika talk about what happened last night. The two knew that they couldn't get anything out of Phil. "Are you going to tell us or not?" Erika asked.

"Yeah, tell us," Yui agreed.

"I told you, we went out to dinner and that was it," Rika said before she started to blush. She tried to hide it from her friends but could not do it in time. Erika and Yui smiled, knowing that something more happened than just dinner. "Did you guys kiss?" Yui asked.

"Yes, we did kiss," Rika smiled. "He is so sweet."

"I know he is," Erika said. "You two make a great couple."

"I know," Rika replied. "I'm doing something with him tonight."

"What are you going to do?" Yui asked.

"I'm gonna surprise him," Rika flirted.

"You mean.." Erika began to say.

"No! Not that!" Rika laughed. "But he is going to love me even more."

"I know he will," Yui smiled. "Why can't we have someone like Phil as our dates?"

"I'm thinking the same thing," Erika laughed.

The three laughed for awhile before the bus stopped as Phil's apartment. Phil got out with his friends Ryu and Misono and waved goodbye to the group. Rika and her friends waved goodbye to Phil as he was walking toward the front door. Suddenly, Phil's phone rang again with a message:

Pick you up around 7:30. See you tonight.

Phil knew he would be in for another long night ahead.

A few hours later, Rika picked Phil up as Ryu and Misono left to go to the radio station with Miki. Phil saw that Rika was wearing almost the same pink clothing that she had on the night before. She had a basket that she carried with her as Phil locked the door and went with Rika to the place they went to the night before.

They took the shortcut to their place and were there in literally minutes. They went to the two trees that overlooked the city and sat down. Rika got something out of the picnic basket, which were two candles. She lit them as Phil looked in the basket. Phil took out various foods that were just like what he had to eat at the restaurant earlier. They began to eat for awhile before they walked hand in hand to the field.

"This is almost exactly the dream that I had last night," Phil said.

"Really? What happened?" Rika asked.

"Well, I'm standing in the field and I see you motioning me," Phil said. "I come over to you and we kiss for awhile. That was before Nacchi woke me up this morning."

"I would hate that," Rika smiled. ""But, that was a nice dream."

"Yeah," Phil replied. "I just can't believe it's happening right now."

"I can," Rika said as she kissed Phil.

Suddenly, Phil felt something touch his face. It was a raindrop, which then several raindrops fell from the sky. Both Rika and Phil looked at each other and laughed. This was unexpected of their date, but they didn't mind. Nobody was there to spoil it and nobody was going to break Phil and Rika apart. "I wish I had brought an umbrella if I knew," Rika said.

"Don't worry," Phil replied. "Sometimes I like to walk in the rain. It helps calm me down."

"I didn't know that," Rika said. "I need to try it sometime."

"We might as well go back to your place," Rika said. "Sorry it didn't work out like I wanted to."

"No, this works out fine," Phil said. "Just like my dream."

He pulled Rika close to him and stroked her hair, which was already wet. He kissed her passionately as the rain kept falling. Right now, he could care less about what was going on with him. He had Rika and her friends and that was all he needed. He knew that he couldn't stay happy like this forever. Sooner or later, he would have to confront his past. He knew his friends would be able to help him get rid of his past once and for all.

Offline glcorps2002

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Rina Akiyama: Booty Beauty
Hello!Japan
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 06:14:37 AM »
Hot damn I am so jealous of Phil right now!!!

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2006, 07:43:19 PM »
Chapter 7

Two weeks later...

The day of the H!M shoot, Phil and his friends Ryu and Misono, were nervous and tired. The three had not slept a wink the night before. They had sat up the entire night watching and listening to H!P stuff. The three could not keep their eyes open, knowing that they have to be ready when one of the girls would show up. Phil decided that they should have breakfast to wake themselves up. Ryu went to the bathroom to take a shower to get himself woke up.

"So, how are you and Rika getting along?" Misono asked.

"Doing really good," Phil said.

"I'm glad you guys are," Misono replied. "What are you guys going to do today?"

"Well, after the show," Phil explained. "I gotta meet with Melon Kinenbi on their video shoot. Then, I gotta meet Rika for the radio show tonight."

"You got a long day ahead of you," Misono said.

"What about you guys?"

"Well, nothing yet. I bet we'll be hanging out with you guys tonight."

"I'll ask Rika about it. She'll probably let you guys on."

"That would be cool. All three of us on her show."

Ryu left the bathroom, fully awake, to join his friends for breakfast. "I got a call from Nacchi just now," he said. "She'll be here in half an hour."

"I'm taking a shower after breakfast," Phil announced.

"Me too," Misono replied. "I haven't even picked out my clothes yet."

After breakfast, Phil and Misono went to take a shower while Ryu picked up around the house. Everyone was running at full-speed for the next 15 minutes as they got prepared for Nacchi's arrival. Phil and Misono got dressed and met Ryu in the living room with 5 minutes to spare. The three sat and waited impatiently. They were so nervous, that when the doorbell rang, they all jumped and wondered if the house was going to be raided. Phil opened the door to see Nacchi, Kaori, Kei and Yuko standing outside waiting for Phil and his friends.

"Hi Phil," Nacchi said. "You guys ready to go?"

The group went onto the bus which would take the TV studio. Phil and his friends were told that the show would be taped and then shown to the people in a few days. Kaori told them if they had any ideas for the show, she would take it under consideration. Right away, the three started thinking of some ideas for their parts on the show.

"Can we do the bus station skit?" Misono asked.

"Sure," said Kei.

"I like to do the karaoke game," Ryu replied.

"I believe we're doing that today," Nacchi replied.

"What about you, Phil?" Kaori asked. "What do you like to do today?"

"Well.." Phil thought about what he would like to do. He remembered the tour that he and Rika had the first time he saw H!M. Then, he remembered the newscast that he and Rika did. A smile formed on his face when he knew exactly what he wanted to do. "How about Hello! Pro News?"

"That?" Yuko asked. "We haven't done that one in years."

"I remembered you guys doing that," Nacchi said. "You guys were good. I bet Rika would like that."

"You can't wait to see her, can you?" Yuko joked.

"Well," Phil said. "She is charming, you know."

The group laughed as the bus stopped at the TV station. Everybody got out and made their way to the H!M set. Morning Musume met them as Phil and friends walked onto the set. Ryu and Misono saw that the bus station skit was already put up. Phil saw a pedastal and a microphone on top. He knew that would be the karaoke game that everybody would playing. He also saw something in the back, but he couldn't figure it out. He joined Yossie and saw that she was looking at the same thing Phil was looking at.

"We're gonna have another Ganko skit as well," Yossie said. "We're planning to have you in the skit."

"I figured you would," Phil grinned. "I love that skit."

"Wonder what that thing in the back is?"

"Beats me."

"You'll find out soon," Rika said with a wink. She had come from the mystery skit in the back.

"Does that have something to do with Phil?" Yossie asked.

"Maybe," Rika smiled.

"You guys ready?" Kaori asked. She was with Ryu and Misono.

"No," Ryu said. "Too nervous."

"Don't worry," Nacchi replied. "Just relax and be yourselves. Everything else will fall in place."

"Good thing I know Japanese now," Phil said.

"Don't worry," Yossie said. "We would help you guys anyway."

"Come on guys," Rika said. "Let's get the show started."

The show started off with a performance by Melon Kinenbi. They were promoting their new song which Phil would be seeing the video for later in the day. Then the show began with Yuko welcoming Phil, Ryu and Misono to H!M as full-time members. The group began to play the karaoke game, just as Ryu requested. Everybody was laughing as each person tried to sing their line before they got sprayed with air. Then, they played a round in which they had to omit one of the words and still sing the line.

Next came the bus station skit, which was Misono's idea. She, along with Ryu and Phil, played the students. They were being harrassed by Kei and Nacchi's character. The three were caught in the middle of a friendly argument over which friends belonged to who. Makoto came in as the fisherman whose mouth was puckered up. It got a lot of laughs from the fellow castmates. Then, the skit ended with more arguing from Kei and Nacchi trying to pick which students were theirs.

Finally came the Maido arii skit. The people on for this week were Yuko, Reina and Ai. Suddenly, Eri came out as her character Eric Kamezo and Sayumi came out as her character Princess Sayumi(secretary of H!P merchandise). They talked about the products that were on sale(new MM single, new concert video, etc.) before they brought back out Phil, Ryu and Misono onto the skit. Finally, they showed the promo for the upcoming perofrmance from their play that was opening in a few weeks.

After the show was over, the three got hugs from the group. The three thought that they were finished with the shooting for the day, but nothing prepared them for what was about to happen. "We got to shoot another show for next week," Rika said.

"You mean right now?" Misono asked.

"Yep," Rika answered.

"Now this is a dream come true," Ryu said.

"Anybody seen Phil?" Nacchi asked.

"I know where he is," Yossie winked at Rika.

Phil wasn't far from the others. He was trying to look at the mystery skit that had plagued him since he came to the stage. He got close to the what the skit was when suddenly, someone put their hands over his eyes. Rika made sure that Phil couldn't see what the skit was for a little while longer. "Not yet," she said sweetly. "You'll be on there soon."

"While you're waiting, have this." Yossie came with Reina with a small, dark brown hat. She had a hat that was similar as well. Phil took the hat and put it on. "It's only a small taste of what will happen in the next few minutes," Yossie said.

Nacchi came to where Phil was and saw that Phil was still trying to peek onto the mystery skit. "We gotta get ready for our skit soon," she said.

"I almost forgot," Yossie said. "We have another Ganko skit for this episode."

"You'll love the skit," Nacchi said.

Phil went with Yossie and Nacchi to the dressing room to get changed. Phil couldn't wait to do the skit, he knew he was going to be threatened by Yossie's Ganko character, but that was part of the fun. He turned once to see Rika waving at Phil. He nodded at Rika, knowing he would see her soon.

Next week's episode started off with another song by W as their new video was diplayed with the song as well. Then, Rika introduced the gang to a game in which they had to make their own phrases and memorize the other member's phrases. They had gotten to near the end of the game before they messed up their chance to eat the grand prize of mishima beef.

Then, the Ganko skit started with Tsuji and Kago as Ganko's kids, harrassing Risa's character. Nacchi's character as a schoolteacher tried to stop the kids before she got bullied as well. Finally Phil's character came as Nacchi's fellow schoolperson to stop the bullying as well. Suddenly there was a shout from the other side of the stage which was from Yossie's character, Ganko Ittetsu. Rika's character, Ganko Tomeko, brought out a table, which Ittestu toppled over and started smacking everybody. First the kids, then Nacchi and Rika. Phil tried to stop Ittetsu, before he got smacked as well. He smiled as he fell to the floor beside Rika and Nacchi.

As Phil was getting changed for the mystery skit, he was spun from behind and got a kiss on the lips from Rika. "You did great," she said.

"Thanks," Phil answered. "You ready?"

"Of course," Rika said as she kissed him again.

She led Phil to the skit as the stage people were putting it on stage. Rika ran backstage to get ready. She came back on stage in her Charmy attire, almost the same clothing she wore on their date two weeks prior. Phil saw Rika and blushed, knowing that something more would happen tonight. Rika started off the the news skit singing about Phil and Hello!Pro News. She introduced herself to her friends as Phil started of the news, which then brought W to the news skit. They began to talk about their new video and started to dance on stage as Phil and Rika watched and laughed.

Nono and Kago led Phil and Rika onto the stage and played their music, which Rika and Phil tried to dance to and were laughing. As Phil and Rika went back to their booth, Nono and Kago began to see something in Rika and Phil were smiling at each other. "You know I have no regrets," Rika said.

"Me either," Phil said. "I love being on here."

"Well, that's why we're the casters on here," Rika smiled.

"I knew that," Phil laughed.

"Well then, for Hello!Pro News, Guccha!"

"Guccha!" The four exclaimed to end the show. The four went backstage to get changed. As Phil got changed, Nono and Kago went to Rika and were smiling. Rika saw that they might have already found out what was going on between the two. "OK, you know, don't you?" Rika asked.

"Are you guys a couple?" Nono asked.

"You could say that," Rika said. "I just don't want anybody to know, not right now."

"Don't worry," Nono replied. "We won't say anything."

"He's cute," Kago replied. "Wish I could date him."

"Aren't you going to see him?" Nono asked.

"Yes," Rika said. "Watch out for me, will you?"

"Sure," Kago said. "Tell him we said hi."

Rika went to the dressing rooms and looked behind every door. She finally found Phil at the end of the corridor, getting ready to meet Melon Kinenbi. They had already called Phil minutes earlier. Rika closed the door and hugged him from behind. The two kissed for a few seconds before they sat down. Rika began to kiss Phil again before he put a finger to her lips. "Not yet," he flirted. "You can wait a few hours."

"I know," Rika said. "Nono and Kago know about us."

"So? What did they say?"

"They asked if we were a couple. I said we were."

"We've been a couple for a couple of weeks now. They gotta know sometime."

"You're right." Rika kissed Phil before there was a knock at the door. Phil knew that it was Megumi, waiting for him. Rika hid in the closet as Phil opened the door. "You guys ready?" Phil asked.

"Yep, just waiting for you." Megumi said.

The two left as Rika came out of Phil's dressing room to see if nobody was looking. She went back to her dressing room and began to message Phil on her cell phone. Meanwhile, Phil heard his cell phone ring and checked the message which read:

Meet me at the radio station when you get finished. Rika

"Who was that?" Megumi asked. "Your friends calling you?"

Phil smiled. "You could say that."

He got in the car with Megumi as they drove to the video shoot. Phil almost recognized it to be the same place as Morning Musume shot their video. He saw Megumi's friends at the door as he and Megumi got out of the car. The group went in the studio as Phil talked to the director about the video. The video shoot took almost as long as the video shoot with Morning Musume. After it was over, the group got into Megumi's car and went to get a bite to eat before Phil had to go to the radio station. As they were eating, Phil heard his cell phone ring again. This time it read:

Hey Phil! Just checking up on you. See you at the radio station, can't wait to see you! Erika and Yui.

"Who's that?" Masae asked.

"Just Erika and Yui," Phil said.

"You guys have been getting along pretty good, have you?" Hitomi asked.

"Yeah, but there's one that's real close to me," Phil said.

"I bet it's Rika," Ayumi said. "Everybody seems to like her."

"You're right," Phil replied.

"I bet you guys are real close too," Megumi smiled.

"How do you know that?" Phil asked.

"From the way you guys have been hanging around each other since you got here," Megumi said. "Are you guys dating?"

"Well...yeah it's true," Phil said. "I didn't want to tell you guys yet."

"No problem," Hitomi said. "Your secret's safe with us."

"We gotta get Phil to the radio station," Masae said.

They all got in Megumi's car as they drove Phil to the radio station. The girls said their goodbyes to Phil as he went inside. He found Erika and Yui waiting for him as Phil hugged the two. "Rika's been waiting for you," Erika said.

"I know," Phil said. "What about you guys?"

"We're glad to see you too," Yui smiled.

The three went to where Rika was getting ready for Viyuden's radio show. Phil knew that Viyuden's show was different from Rika's show, knowing that Rika's show was all about her. Phil got something to drink and sat down. He saw Rika smiling at him as she sat down next to him. The radio program started with Erika and Yui talking about their new single and their upcoming mini-tour.

Then, Rika began to talk about what was going with the band over the past week. During the talk, Phil looked over at Erika and Yui. They were motioning Phil to do something, just like the night before their first date. Phil looked over as Rika continued to talk, he then grabbed her hand. Rika looked over and began to blush. She then played their new song as she looked at Phil and kissed him. Erika and Yui smiled, knowing that they were the first people to know that Phil and Rika would be a couple.

After the radio show was over, the gang walked out to where Rika's car was. Phil was trying to keep his eyes open, just like the first night he came to Japan. He got in the car, thinking that Rika would take him back to his house. However, outside, the three were talking and smiling. "Wait," Erika said. "Are you taking him back home?"

"I know where they're going," Yui smiled.

"Yep, I'm gonna take him to my house," Rika smiled back.

Rika got in the car and drove Phil back to her apartment. Her apartment was almost on the other side of town. When they got there, Rika nudged Phil awake. Phil saw that he wasn't back at his apartment. It was a different apartment than Ryu and Misono's apartment. It was a bigger and had more rooms than Phil's apartment. Rika led Phil inside her apartment and turned the lights on. She went to her room and got changed as Phil went to the stereo. He searched through the songs on the stereo until he found the song that he put on. It was the song that Rika and Viyuden sang to him at the sports game. Rika came out of her room and smiled at Phil. She went over to Phil and started dancing with him.

"Do you like your song?" Rika asked.

"Yep, you're a good dancer too," Phil replied.

They laughed as the song played to the end. Rika went over to the stereo and played another song. It was a little slower than Phil's song. The couple danced for a few minutes until Phil saw a tear on Rika's cheek. He brushed it off Rika's face and kissed her. "Don't cry," he said. "I hate to see anybody cry, even if it's me."

"I'm not," Rika said. "I'm just glad I have you. I love you."

"I love you too," Phil said. "Just don't leave me."

"I won't," Rika smiled. "We'll never leave you."

She led Phil to her room and shut the door.

Offline glcorps2002

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Rina Akiyama: Booty Beauty
Hello!Japan
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2006, 08:38:32 PM »
Now I must kill Phil and live his life!!!

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 09:01:03 PM »
Chapter 8

"What happened last night?" Ryu asked Phil.

"Well, you didn't call us last night," Misono replied. "Rika took you home a few minutes ago."

"Oh, that." Phil smiled, knowing that his friends already knew the truth.

"You spent the night with her last night, did you?" Misono asked.

"Yeah," Phil sighed. "I thought I was going home after the radio station."

"What happened?"

"Well, I was tired and I got into her car. Next thing I knew, I was at her house."

"Did anything happen?"

"Of course not! What are you talking about?"

"Nothing," Ryu laughed. "But I wasn't there."

"You guys already know that me and Rika are a couple right?" Phil asked.

"Yeah, we know that already," Ryu said.

"Anybody else know?" Misono asked.

"Melon Kinenbi, W, Yui and Erika," Phil replied.

Before anybody could say anything else, the doorbell rang. Misono opened it to see Maki behind the door. She came in and welcomed her friends as she sat down. She gave the three friends what appeared to be tickets in her hand. They were tickets to her upcoming concert. As they were chatting away, Phil's cell phone rang. He went to his room to answer it. A few minutes later, he saw that his friends and Maki were smiling. Phil knew that Ryu and Misono had already told Maki about him and Rika.

"Looks like everyone's gonna find out," Phil chuckled.

"I told you before," Maki said. "Once Rika gets something, she won't let go."

"I know," Phil said. "I gotta go to town for a minute."

"Wait," Ryu replied. "Aren't you forgetting something?"

"I got the tickets," Phil said.

"No, this." Misono gave Phil an envelope, which Ryu and Misono also had as well. Phil looked at his friends and Maki, who were smiling. He looked inside and saw a number that he thought was only in his mind. He looked at the number again and the zeroes on the number. He couldn't say a word, much less breathe. He fell on the floor with the check still clutched to his hands.

They went over to Phil, who had fainted on the floor. Ryu and Misono helped him up as Maki tried to fan him awake. Phil awoke and looked at the check again, knowing that he wasn't seeing things. The check was enough for Phil to last for awhile. Now that he was working for H!P(also with Ryu and Misono), he knew that he would be set for a long time to come. He sat down in the kitchen as Ryu got him something to drink.

"I don't think that's happened before," Misono said.

"We've had it close," Ryu answered.

"Now what do I do?" Phil asked.

"You spend it, silly," Maki replied. "Of course, you'll have to put most of it in the bank."

"We know a place," Misono said. "We'll show you in a few minutes."

"Looks like I won't have to worry about money now," Phil replied.

A few minutes later, Phil went with Ryu and Misono to their bank to deposit Phil's money(along with his emergency money from back home). Phil kept enough money to buy him a new car, some new clothes, and some other items. He went to the flower shop and bought some flowers for Rika. He drove to her house and rang the doorbell. He saw her car, but he didn't see Rika anywhere. He stuck the flowers in the doorslot and went back home.

As he got out of the car, he saw Yuko, Kaori and Nacchi talking to Maki. The girls turned around and saw Phil's new car. Their mouths dropped as he walked over to them. "Was Rika there?" Maki asked.

"No, I just left from there," Phil said. "Wait, you told them, didn't you?"

"Told them what?" Nacchi asked.

"Phil and Rika are dating now," Maki smiled.

"You're dating Rika?" Kaori asked.

Phil blushed, knowing that everybody would know in a few days. He was worried that his friends would want him to break up with Rika. He hoped that it wouldn't come to that. He also knew that his friends would trust him if he and Rika were dating. He looked at the girls and nodded. "Yes I am," he said. "We're in love with each other."

Nacchi went over to Phil and hugged him. "We're proud of you."

"You guys don't mind?" Phil asked.

"Not at all," Kaori replied. "You'll probably have to keep it a secret for awhile."

"Least you can keep an eye on her," Yuko smiled. "You'll have to be serious with her."

"We have a serious relationship," Phil said. "I love being with her."

Mari pulled up in her car alongside the group. Ryu and Misono got out of the car with Mari. Mari had picked the two up in town after Phil bought his new car. "Who's the lucky guy?" she asked. "Who's dating?"

"You're looking at him" Phil replied.

"Your friends told me you're dating Rika," Mari said. "You guys will have to keep your relationship a secret."

"Speaking of secrets," Phil said. "I have to tell you guys something about me."

He led his friends inside the apartment and told them about his past. They were shocked and didn't realize that their new friend had a troubled past with his family. The girls told Phil that they would be on their side, no matter what. The group hugged Phil as the apartment phone rang. Ryu answered it, not realizing it was Rika. "Hello?" he answered.

"Hi, is Phil there?" Rika asked.

"Phil, I think it's for you." Ryu gave the phone to Phil. Phil looked at his phone and found out that he had accidentally shut it off. "I'll call from my phone," he said.

"Phil gets more calls on his phone than I do," Yuko smirked.

"I wonder why," Nacchi smiled.

Phil went to his room and called Rika. He hoped that no one would be able to hear him, even though his relationship with Rika was out in the open. He turned on the radio just to make sure. "Hello, Rika?" he asked. "Did you get my flowers?"

"I did. Thank you so much."

"I would have written something on the card, but I couldn't find the words."

"Don't worry. Just having you with me is big enough."

"You doing anything tonight?"

"No, just being with you."

"I'll be over around 8. Is that all right?"

"Sure, I'll be waiting for you."

"All right. I'll see you then."

"Phil?" Rika asked Phil before hanging up. She wished Phil was with her right now, but she would be with him and have a night equal to the previous night. "Before you go, I just want to say I love you," she smiled sweetly.

"I love you too Rika," Phil answered.

Phil turned the radio off and left his room to see the group waiting for him and smiling. He wondered if the group was waiting behind the door and listening to the conversation. He turned on the radio for a reason. He had already told his friends about himself and Rika, but he didn't care. "You guys going out tonight?" Nacchi asked.

"Yeah," Phil said. "I gotta pick her up tonight."

"You look so happy when you're with Rika," Kaori replied.

"I am," Phil said. "I am so glad I came to Japan. I could never do stuff like this back home."

"You'll never find anyone who loves you more than Rika," Maki said.

Phil went outside with Ryu and Misono and said their goodbyes to the girls. As the girls left, Phil began to realize what Kaori and Maki said. He knew that they were right. For him, Rika was the one thing that kept Phil going and made him feel happy than anything that had happened back home. He wanted this to stay the way it was for the rest of his life.

Hours passed by as the three friends watched television and ate dinner. Ryu and Misono were chatting away as Phil listened to Melon Kinenbi's new single(they have given Phil a copy during the video shoot). He looked at his watch, knowing that he would have to leave soon. He went to his bedroom and picked out his clothes before going to the bathroom to take a shower. As he got out, he saw his friends becoming closer than before. Phil didn't think much of it, knowing probably that was what friends do.

"I'll see you guys later," Phil said before leaving.

"We'll see you tomorrow," Ryu smiled. "Tell Rika we said hello."

Phil left in his car to drive to Rika's house. He knew that Ryu was right. He probably would be spending the night there. He thought about getting another set of flowers or buying her dinner, but he decided seeing her was just as good as anything. He drove as fast he could, but decided to slow down because he didn't know the police system that well. It took him nearly a half hour to get to Rika's house, since he was awake long enough to see how he got home from there. He went to the door and knocked. He was nervous, even though he shouldn't be. He was meeting his girlfriend, something he probably would never be able to do back home.

She opened the door and kissed Phil before inviting him in. She was wearing all pink, almost like their first date except for her Charmy hat. "Thanks for the flowers," she smiled. "I hope you're hungry."

"I can manage something," Phil replied.

They went to the kitchen as Phil sat down. He heard the radio playing some of Morning Musume's earlier songs. Ten minutes passed by and Rika finally brought out their dinner. As they began to eat, they began to look at each other, just like on their date. Rika was about to bring her lips toward Phil's before he pulled away briefly. "Something's missing," he said.

"What is it?" Rika asked.

"You have any candles?"

"I got a few somewhere, let me get them." She went to the kitchen as Phil turned most of the lights off. When he came back, he heard that song again. The same song that was played the night before. Rika lit the candles as Phil sat down. Rika sat next to Phil and smiled. "Where did you think of this romantic idea?" she asked.

"I saw it on TV once," Phil said

Rika laughed, "I never thought you was this romantic until today."

"What's the song playing?"

"Don't worry, it's our song." She held out her fork of food to Phil, which he ate. He did the same for Rika, until they were both out of food. They looked at each other as their faces drew closer. They kissed lighty for a few seconds before they began to make their way to the couch to make out. Nobody was able to see what was going on because there were no lights. Nothing was beyond the imagination of the two.

Back at the apartment, Ryu and Misono were watching television. They had just finished dinner and were going over things that they had written out on the planner board. It was a board that had various projects that they were doing with H!P. Ryu wrote down about the Maki concert that was occuring in a few days. Misono was watching one of Miki's first concerts on television. Nothing much was happening since Phil left to go to Rika's house. Ryu sat down beside Misono and watched the concert.

"I wonder if Phil gets worried sometimes," Ryu said.

"What do you mean?" Misono asked.

"About his parents, do you think they would ever come to Japan and find him?"

"I doubt it, they wouldn't know their way around."

"Still, I'm worried. I hate to see anything happen to him."

"Yeah, I know what you mean."

Meanwhile, in an apartment barely lit, Rika and Phil were nearly asleep on the couch. The television was on, which was the only light in the house. Phil had his arms around Rika's waist as she tried to stay awake to watch a movie. She turned it off and turned over to see Phil nearly asleep. She put her arms around his neck and kissed him goodnight. Phil woke up and saw Rika's face smiling at him. His nose was barely touching Rika's as he pulled her close.

"I love you," Rika said as she fell asleep.

"I love you too," Phil answered.

Phil didn't dream that night. He felt that he was dreaming alongside Rika. He was glad that what was happening to him now wasn't a dream. He hadn't had any nightmares since he went on his first date. He thought about how things would have been different if he didn't have his friends with him. He immediately squished the thought, knowing that things would have been the same as it always would back home.

The next morning, Phil awoke to music. He looked over to the kitchen to see Rika making breakfast. She was wearing a pink robe and was singing. Phil went over to Rika, who kissed him. "Good morning," she said sweetly. "Did you sleep well?"

"I sure did," Phil replied. "I slept good with you."

The couple sat down and had breakfast. Phil could smell Rika's perfume as it entranced him to put a hand on Rika's leg. Then, just like last night, he held out a fork of food to Rika which she ate. She put the fork down and looked at him seductively. "You're trying the same thing as last night, are you?"

"Maybe," Phil said slyly before he kissed her.

The two ran into Rika's room and shut the door. Nothing could stop them from their passion for each other.

Hours later, Phil drove back home. He hated to, knowing that Rika begged him to stay. Their relationship had taken a serious turn in the past few weeks. If nothing else, Rika would have asked Phil to move in with her. It wouldn't work, because there was still the paparazzi roaming around to start rumors. That was the last thing either two wanted to happen.

As Phil pulled up to the driveway, he thought he had seen the front door open. He thought that Ryu or Misono opened the door for some air. He went to the door and found it locked. He opened it and looked around the house to see if Ryu or Misono were there. He checked the kitchen to see if there was a note. No note or message left anywhere. He looked at the blackboard in the living room and realized that wasn't there before. He also didn't hear another car that had pulled up on the driveway.

He walked over to the blackboard and looked at what was written. There was something else written on the blackboard. Everything else was erased and only one sentence was written in big letters:

I'm coming to get you

Phil started to walk backwards, wondering if it was really true. He began to wonder if his parents had broken into the apartment. He didn't hear the door being opened, he was still looking at the message. Someone shook Phil out of the trance and he pulled away, almost ready to fight. "Hey Phil, it's us!" Ryu said.

Phil was breathing rapidly. "Did you see that?" he asked.

"See what?" Misono asked.

"The message on the wall."

Ryu and Misono looked at the blackboard and saw that it had the same stuff that Ryu put down last night. "No," Ryu replied. "Don't see a message."

"I swore I saw one," Phil replied. "It said they were coming to get me."

"Don't worry," Misono said. "If they were, we'll help you get rid of them."

"Sorry about the blackboard," Ryu explained. "We bought it yesterday so we could keep track of the stuff we were going to do."

"I didn't know," Phil said. "I just saw it."

"We know you're worried," Misono said. "But like we said, they won't hurt you."

Phil began to wonder if they were right. He wondered if his parents really would get him.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 07:42:11 PM »
Chapter 9

Nothing happened much for the next few days. Even though the message Phil saw days earlier wasn't talked about much, it didn't leave Phil's mind. He didn't want to worry about it, but he knew that he had to do something to ensure his safety. He would have to tell his friends about what he saw. He knew that this would all come to a head sooner or later.

For right now, the message wasn't on his mind. He was on the H!M set with his friends and Morning Musume, going over this week's show. Everything was going fine as they got ready to tape the show. As Phil went to his dressing room, he found a note pinned on the door. Instantly, his heart began to drop, knowing that the worst was about to come. He shut the door, but couldn't lock it for some reason. He opened the letter, which revealed only one sentence:

I know about you..We're going to get you.

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Phil began to shake, knowing that his parents would come to find him any minute. He looked around the room, hoping for a place to hide. He heard the knock again, hoping that someone would take him out of his newfound misery. He heard a familiar voice from behind the door.

"Phil, can I come in?" the voice asked. It was Nacchi.

"Yeah, sure." Phil said, trying to stop himself from shaking.

"Are you all right?' Nacchi asked. "You should be happy. I got you some tickets for my show tonight."

"What are you talking about?"

"Look inside."

Phil looked in the envelope, which had a ticket to Nacchi's concert. He looked at the note again which was longer this time:

Here's a ticket to my concert tonight. You'll be able to hear my music from my solo work as well as some Morning Musume songs. See you tonight! Nacchi

"Oh, thanks." Phil was still looking over the letter, knowing that he saw something else written on there minutes earlier.

"Are you all right?" Nacchi asked.

"No, not really." Phil looked at Nacchi and was on the verge of tears for the first time in almost a month. Nacchi consoled him as he began to weep silently. "I knew it was going to come to this sooner or later," Phil said.

"What's wrong?" Nacchi asked. She had the same worried look as Phil's.

"I need to tell you something," Phil said.

They talked for a few minutes as Phil went in detail about his life back home. Nacchi was the only person who knew what had happened the past few days. Even though she knew about him and Rika being together, Nacchi knew nothing about Phil's present situation. As Phil continued to talk, he started to feel better and he wasn't shaking anymore. He glanced a few times to see if anybody would come in uninvited. Nacchi could tell that Phil was getting worried about people finding out.

There was another knock on the door a few minutes later. Phil jumped up, fearing the worst. "Relax," Nacchi said. "It's probably Kaori." She opened the door, which was Kaori. "Can you give us a few minutes?" Nacchi asked.

"Sure," Kaori said. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything's fine," Nacchi replied. "Just talking with Phil."

"All right," Kaori smiled. "See you guys in a few."

Phil saw Kaori, who waved at him. He forced a smile and waved back, realizing that Nacchi would tell Kaori soon. He didn't mind that, he just wished that he had time to enjoy a few more weeks of calmness. Nacchi looked to see if anybody else was looking and closed the door again.

"So, nobody will know about this?" Phil asked.

"Not unless you tell me to tell them," Nacchi promised.

"I gotta tell Rika soon," Phil replied. "I hate to keep it a secret."

"Just don't wait to tell her though. She'll get worried about you."

"I know. I just wish this didn't happen to me."

"Don't worry, we always take care of our friends in need." Nacchi patted Phil's head and hugged him before the two left the dressing room. Phil began to breathe a little easier as he left the studio. Maybe Nacchi was right. Maybe he would be all right with his friends after all.

Phil called Ryu and Misono and told them he would be out for awhile. He went with Nacchi outside where Kaori was getting in her car. As Kaori was driving, Nacchi gave Phil one of CD's as a present. Phil looked at the booklet and began to hear the radio. It wasn't playing Nacchi's music, but a different sound that he liked. "Whose music is that?" he asked.

"That's mine," Kaori answered.

"It's nice."

"Thanks. I'll give you one of my CD's before you leave tonight."

Phil sat back and closed his eyes. He didn't know where he was going, but he didn't mind. He heard Nacchi and Kaori talk about stuff. He drifted off to sleep for a brief moment before he woke up suddenly. He breathed rapidly as the car stopped at a red light. The girls looked at Phil, worried. "You all right?" Nacchi asked.

"Yeah," Phil lied. "Actually, no."

"What's wrong?" Kaori asked.

Phil looked at Nacchi, who smiled and nodded. He had to tell Kaori, even though he wished he told Rika sooner about his situation. "I just had another one of those dreams," he told Kaori. "It was about my parents."

"Have you been having them for awhile?" Kaori asked.

"Well, I've had them when I came to Japan," Phil explained. "This is the first one I've had in almost a month."

"What happened?" Nacchi asked.

"I just drifted off and I saw my parents. It looked like I was going to be chased by them."

"Does this have to do with you leaving?" asked Kaori.

"It does," Nacchi told her. "His parents didn't want him around, but they didn't want him to leave either."

"It's almost like they just want him around as a doormat."

"Exactly."

"Right now, let's drop it." Phil said. "I'll tell Rika tonight and hopefully, it'll be all right."

"It will," Kaori said. "We're not going to let anything happen to you."

Nothing much was said after that as Kaori drove her friends to her house. A slight rain had fallen since the three left the studio. It had since picked up as the three went in the house. As Phil was looking around the house, he heard his cell phone ring. He checked it, hoping it would be Rika. He had not seen her all day. Instead, it was from Megumi. He knew he could get some help from her. He answered the phone, hoping to hear some advice.

Hi Megumi."

"Hi Phil, everything okay?"

"Actually, no. I'm glad you called actually."

"What's wrong? Is it your parents?"

"I've been seeing things and just had a bad dream about them."

"I can tell you're scared right now."

"Wish I could tell you right now, but I gotta tell Rika first."

"I would too. Why don't I come over tomorrow and we'll talk."

"Sounds good."

"Anything else happens, call me."

"I will." Phil turned of his phone and began to join Kaori and Nacchi, who were having tea. He got himself some tea and sat down. He began to drink it down quickly before deciding to pace himself. He looked over at the two girls who smiled a comforting smile. "Who was that who called?" Kaori asked.

"It was Megumi," Phil answered.

"Did you tell her?" Nacchi asked.

"I told her," Phil said. "I going to see her tomorrow."

"Something's bound to happen soon," Kaori replied.

As Phil went to get another cup of tea, he thought he saw something at the window. Phil went over to the window and looked out. Suddenly, he heard a noise which made him nearly drop his tea. He saw that Kaori and Nacchi were going over to the door, before he heard another noise. Phil could see from the opening door that there was someone tall outside the door. Fearing the worst, Phil jumped out the window and started running. He had to get away as quickly as possible.

Meanwhile, the tall person turned out to be no other than Tsuji. She had to get her coat off, as it was still raining outside. "Sorry I'm late guys," she said.

"That's all right," Nacchi replied. "Phil's here too."

"Where is he?" Nono asked.

"He was here a second ago," Kaori said. "Where is he?"

The three girls looked towards the kitchen and the open window. They began to realize that Phil was scared of Nono's coat making her almost look like Phil's dad. "Looks like I scared him away," Nono said sadly.

"Wonder where he went?" Kaori asked.

"All we gotta do is call him and see," Nacchi replied.

"Wait," Tsuji said. "I know where he is."

Meanwhile, at a subway station, Phil sat down. Out of breath and on the verge of tears, he laid down on the bench and closed his eyes. It had stopped raining as Phil got to the subway station. Luckily, there wasn't anybody there to watch him began to cry for the first time in more than a month. He began to feel a hand on his shoulder, which had a soft, sweet voice to match.

"Can I sit down?" she asked.

Phil looked up and saw the girl. He realized who it was instantly. It was Tsuji's best friend and fellow W partner, Ai Kago.

Phil let Aibon sit down next to him as they watch the subway cars pass by. The rain had picked up again, but not heavy as it was an hour ago. It was a steady rain that had matched Phil's tears flowing from his face. Aibon embraced Phil as he couldn't control his crying. "Let it all out," she told Phil. "Nobody's watching."

"I'm so sorry," Phil said.

"Don't be."

"This isn't supposed to happen to me now. Just when everything was finally back to normal."

"What are you talking about?"

Phil told Aibon about his parents and his situation with them. He wished that he had brought the entire H!P unit into a big room and told them when he first met them. After he told Aibon his story, Phil felt another hug from her. He felt that he could feel the entire H!P unit hug him too. "I wish I had friends like you guys back home," he finally said.

"Where are your friends from back home?" Aibon asked.

"Other than high school, I didn't have many," Phil replied. "Not any that I could tell my problems."

"You do now," Aibon said. "Let's go. I gotta meet Nono at Nacchi's."

The two left the subway as the rain continued to fall. Aibon offered her umbrella to Phil, but he didn't want it. He didn't mind if he was drenched, however he wasn't the one being worried like Aibon was. "You're gonna catch a cold," Aibon said.

"I like to walk in the rain," Phil replied. "It calms me down."

"It does?"

"Just stand in it." He took Aibon's umbrella as she began to walk in the rain. Within a few seconds, she began to dance in the rain. Phil began to smile, knowing that his advice worked. Aibon hugged Phil as they began to walk again. "I need to try that sometime," Aibon said.

"Told you so," Phil said. "Thanks for making me smile again."

"You're welcome," Aibon said. "Just call us if you feel bad." She handed Phil her number as well as Tsuji's number as well. "Wonder what time it is?"

"That reminds me, Nacchi's concert is tonight! Come on!" Phil took Aibon's hand and ran toward Nacchi's house. They were both out of breath as they went inside. Nacchi went to the front door and saw two people drenched from the rain. Tsuji went over to Aibon and hugged her. "You knew where he was, didn't you?" she asked.

"I didn't know it was him until I saw him close," Aibon replied. "I didn't realize you guys were looking for him."

"Phil, I'm sorry for scaring you away," Nono said.

"I should be apologizing to you guys," Phil replied. "I'm sorry I ran away."

"Don't worry," Kaori said. "Just tell us next time, ok?"

"I'll do that," Phil promised.

"You guys get changed, we're leaving in a few minutes." Nacchi led Phil and Aibon each to one of the rooms to get changed. It became clear to Phil that he had to tell Rika tonight. He knew things were about to get worse in the days, if not weeks ahead.

Rika began to dial on her phone to call Phil. She had not talked to him since this morning. She was with her friends Erika and Yui at her house. She wanted to invite Phil over. After a few rings, she hung up her phone. Erika and Yui saw that their friend wasn't her happy self as they knew her.

"What's wrong?" Yui asked.

"I thought Phil would answer the phone," Rika said sadly.

"I'm sure he'll call back," Erika replied.

"I hope nothing happened to him," Rika said.

Meanwhile backstage, Phil was with Nono and Aibon waiting for Nacchi and Kaori. They came out to meet Phil and his friends a few minutes later. The group walked to one side of the stage as Nacchi and Kaori left Phil and W to their seats. The girls on stage welcomed their fans as they began to sing past Morning Musume songs as well as their solo songs. Near the end of the concert, Nacchi and Kaori talked about a friend that they met just a month ago. Phil realized that the girls were talking about him.

"Before we go, we like to dedicate a song to him," Nacchi said. She winked at Phil before singing.

As Nacchi and Kaori sung, Phil had another tear in his eye. It was the same tears that he cried when Rika and Viyuden sung to him at the Gatas game weeks earlier. He felt a warm grip from his hand by someone. He looked and saw Tsuji smile at him. She kissed Phil as he felt another grip from his hand. He saw that Aibon had gripped his hand and kissed him as well. Phil could do nothing but look at Nacchi and Kaori, who were smiling as they finished their song to him.

After the concert, Phil looked at his cell phone. He looked at his phone and saw that he missed a call from Rika. He felt bad that he didn't get a chance to call her tonight. He called Rika and all he got was a busy signal. He called Erika and Yui with the same outcome, a busy signal. Nacchi walked over to Phil, who was still trying to call Rika again.

"Everything ok?" Nacchi asked.

"Not really," Phil said. "I gotta call Rika."

"I'm sure she'll call back soon," Nacchi said.

Phil walked outside and tried to call Rika again. He saw a message on his cell phone that he hadn't seen earlier. It read:

We will get you. We're going to take everything you love. That's what you get for leaving us.

Phil began to panic. He was about to go back inside the stadium when he saw a tall person looking at him. For a moment, Phil almost knew who that person was. The person began to walk toward Phil. Phil screamed as he began to run away from the person. Nacchi went outside and saw Phil running. She turned to the lady. "You scared him off, Aya," she said.

"Sorry," Aya said. "I should have taken my hat off before I walked to him."

"What happened?" Miki asked. She and Aya had been at the concert as well.

"I believe I met your friend Phil," Aya said.

It was raining again as Phil began to run as fast as he could toward Rika's house. He found a taxi, which left him a few blocks from her house. Phil waited until the taxi got a little ways away from Phil before he ran toward Rika's house. He finally made it to her house and knocked on the door profusively. He sat down near the door and began to cry. He wished that he had called Rika earlier in the day. Suddenly, he saw the lights come on from the outside. The door opened, and Rika saw her boyfriend, drenched from the rain and crying at her front door.

"Phil? What's wrong?" Rika asked.

"I'm sorry," Phil said as he hugged Rika. "It's happening again."

Rika said nothing, she led Phil inside the house and shut the door. The lights were off again as the rain kept pouring.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 02:35:13 PM by cool_kickin_dude »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Hello!Japan
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2007, 02:48:08 PM »
Chapter 10

Phil was laying down on the couch, shaking from the cold rain. It was the second time today that he was soaking wet from the rain. Rika had gotten him a blanket and laid down next to him. She knew what was going on, but she didn't expect him to be like this. When Phil told her about his past on their first date, she knew that she would be affected as well. She just held him as her breath touched Phil's face. Phil lightly kissed Rika's lips as he finally stopped crying.

"Sorry I didn't call you," Phil said.

"Don't worry," Rika replied. "I'm glad you're here. We'll talk tomorrow."

Phil wanted nothing more than this moment to wash all his troubles away.

Meanwhile, back at the apartment, Ryu and Misono had just got back from seeing Gocchin(Maki Goto's nickname by Morning Musume) in concert. They didn't see Phil in the house, assuming that he would be at Rika's house. They got a call from Nacchi earlier in the morning that Phil was going with her. They both went into their rooms to take a shower. A few minutes later, they got a knock on the door. Ryu went to the door and saw a girl that they have seen before. He opened the door and the girl went inside and sat down. Both he and Misono knew who it was. It was the same girl that Miki and Nacchi was talking to at Nacchi's concert a few hours ago. That girl was Aya Matsuura.

"Sorry if it's late," Aya said. "I was wondering if your friend came home."

"You mean Phil?" Ryu asked. "I believe he's at Rika's."

"They've been going out for awhile," Misono replied.

"The reason I came by was I wanted to apologize," Aya said.

"For what?"

"I scared him away. I was with Miki and we were at Nacchi's concert. I think he saw what I was wearing and it scared him off."

"You mean your coat?" Ryu asked. "It shouldn't have done that."

The three didn't say anything for a few minutes until Ryu and Misono finally remembered the reason why. They remembered that Phil had saw something on the blackboard days earlier. Ryu looked back at the blackboard which had numerous H!P stuff on there. "I believe we know the reason why," Ryu said.

"What is it?" Aya asked.

"If you have an hour or two, you might want to hear this," Misono said. "We were shocked at some of the things he told us too."

"Does Morning Musume know about this?" Aya asked.

"I don't think he told them yet," Ryu said. "He's told a few people."

"You might want to tell me then," Aya said. "I can't help knowing what kind of pain he's feeling right now."

The next morning, Phil woke up to find that Rika was gone. Feeling worried, he went to the kitchen where he found a note by Rika saying that she would be back soon. Phil thought that she was getting breakfast for the both of them. He decided to look around the house while Rika was gone. He went to a room where it had various H!P stuff, one in particular, had a binder on the desk. He picked it up and started to look at it.

It had various pictures of Rika being a member of Morning Musume. It had pics of her starting out on H!M, pics of her in the skits, pics of her being Charmy on HPN, and among others. As Phil looked at the pics, he couldn't help but smile about how funny and beautiful Rika was. The last few pages had Rika before her graduation with the band. Phil looked at the last page where it had Rika with the band after her graduation concert. Phil couldn't read Japanese, but he could understand what it was trying to say to him. He didn't realize that Rika was looking over his shoulder.

"Hard to believe it's been that long," she said.

"I know," Phil replied. "It don't seem the same."

Rika had some breakfast for her and Phil to eat. As they sat and ate, Rika told Phil more about the craziness that was H!P. Phil was glad that he was with them because it was a job that he liked. Of course, if something like that happened back home, he knew that it would have never come to pass. Phil looked at his cell phone to see if the message was still there from last night. Unfortunately, it wasn't. He was expecting a call from Megumi this morning and he wanted to show her the message as well.

"What's wrong?" Rika asked.

"I know I'm not crazy," Phil said. "I knew I had a message from last night. Now it's gone."

"What did it say?"

"It said that they were going to take everything I had away because I left them."

"I believe you. I think people need to know about this."

"Then, last night, I saw a person outside the stadium. I didn't know what to do, so I ran over here."

Rika saw that Phil was about to cry again, so she just held him. She was on the verge of tears as well, but they were angry tears. Angry because someone wanted to take the one person she loves away from her. She just held him tight and whisperd to him, "Nobody's going to take you away from me. I promise you that."

"Now I'm beginning to realize what Maki said," Phil replied.

"They have no idea what they've just done either," Rika said.

Phil's phone rang as Rika watched him answer it. Phil nodded to her that it was all right. It was Megumi on the other line. After a few minutes, Phil got up and was ready to leave. He made it outside before Rika stopped him. "You going home?" she asked.

"Yeah, Megumi's already there," Phil said. "I gotta talk to her anyway."

"Call me when you get done, ok?"

"I promise." He kissed Rika before he started walking home. To Phil, it would be a long walk home. It would give him time to think out his next move, or see if anybody was watching him. He turned around and saw Rika running up toward him.

"Hold on," Rika said. "I'll drive you."

The drive back to Phil's apartment wasn't long since Rika was driving. They arrived in no time at all when they saw Ryu, Misono, Miki and another girl with them. Phil thought the girl was another person in H!P. He got out of the car and saw the girl coming toward him and hugged him. Phil didn't know what was going on, but right now he didn't sem to mind. He saw that Ryu and Misono nodded, telling Phil that they told the girl.

"I'm sorry about you," the girl said. "I just want you to know that I'm on your side."

"Thanks," Phil replied. "I believe you know my friends, don't you?"

"That's right. My name is Aya Matsuura. I was at the concert last night."

"You mean, you were the person from last night?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry I scared you off."

"It's not your fault. I've just been on edge lately."

"Ryu and Misono told us all about it last night," Miki said. "I could see why you couldn't tell us earlier."

"Sorry to keep it a secret from you guys," Phil said.

"Don't worry about it," Miki replied. "If they try anything, they'll get knocked down courtesy of my foot to their face." The group laughed at the remark, knowing Miki was one of the best Gatas players on the team and that she could kick a mean soccer ball.

Another car had pulled up alongside Rika's. It was Megumi from Melon Kinenbi. She got out of the car and greeted the gang. "Hi Phil," she said. "Wanna ride around for a little while?"

"Sure, why not?" Phil said. "I just got home anyway." Another round of laughter from the group ensued.

"I gotta go meet Sayumi at the TV station anyway," Rika said. "I'll call you later today."

"Yeah," Ryu said. "If anything happens before then, we'll call you immediately."

"We'll all do something later tonight," Misono said. "That should get our mind off of what's been going on."

As Phil and Megumi left, Ryu and Misono began to wonder if anything could happen to them too. They were Phil's friends and they would be caught in the crossfire as well. "Well," Miki said, "do you think we should tell them?"

"I'll tell the group," Rika said. "I don't think Phil would mind, but I don't want to leave anybody else in the dark either. They gotta know too."

As Miki and Aya left with Rika and said goodbye to Ryu and Misono, the two began to wonder what could happen next. "Now everyone knows," Ryu said.

"Yep," Misono said. "But this time, Phil has us to run to."

The drive toward Megumi's apartment was almost as far as the drive to the amusement park weeks earlier. As they made thier way inside, Phil noticed several pictures of Melon Kinenbi during their early days. He sat down on the couch as Megumi came into the living room with some tea. Phil looked and saw that Megumi was not wearing her red glasses. "I don't wear them much when I'm at home," she said.

Phil looked at his cell phone and went to his messages. He knew that he wouldn't be able to find the message from last night, or any other message that he could only see for that matter. He began to realize that Megumi would believe him anyway, just like his friends would. After going through his messages and not finding anything, Phil sighed as Megumi kissed the top of his head and hugged him.

Meanwhile, at the TV station, Sayumi was waiting for Rika. She was in her blue Ecomoni suit and was talking to Eri. Rika rushed into the station and met with the duo. "You're late," Sayumi smiled.

"Sorry," Rika said. "Where's Yossie?"

"Talking to Miki," Eri said. "Something wrong with Phil?"

"You could say that," Rika said before going to find Yossie.

Yossie had just finished talking to Miki. Little did she know that Miki had already told Yossie about Phil's past life. Rika looked over at Yossie, who had a serious look, almost as serious as Miki's. "Sorry I didn't tell you guys sooner," Rika said.

"Don't worry about it," Yossie said. "They're not going to hurt Phil if I have anything to say about it."

'You go on ahead with Sayumi," Miki replied. "We'll talk with the group about this."

"All right," Rika replied. "Just make sure no one else knows, ok?"

"About you and Phil dating?" Yossie smiled. "We already know that."

"I don't think that's what she meant," Miki smiled.

Rika smiled and went to her dressing room and got changed. She came out a few minutes in a green Ecomoni suit. She met with Sayumi and the two began to leave the TV station. Sayumi could see that Rika was getting worried about Phil. "Is Phil going to be alright?" she asked Rika.

"I hope so," Rika said. "I sure hope so."

Meanwhile, Yossie and Miki put notes under the girl's dressing rooms. The message was the same for all. It read: Secret emergency meeting on H!M stage in 1 hour.

The rest of the girls knew that the meeting was about Phil. They had heard some of the bits about him. They were sad because one of their friends were hurt and that affected the whole group. Meanwhile Yossie had called up a few people and was waiting for them.

There was somebody already on the H!M stage waiting for the meeting, that girl was Aya. She was already feeling bad about what was going on with Phil and wished that there was something she could do. She realized that once the group heard about Phil's past, she knew that Phil would not be alone for much longer.

Aya saw a few more people come onto the stage. They were Nacchi, Kaori, Kei and Yuko. They too got the call from Miki and Yossie about the meeting. A few minutes later, Yossie and the band went onto the stage as well as Tsuji and Kago. From the looks on everybody's faces, they could sense that the atmosphere was already low.

"I guess everybody's here," Yossie said. "Where's Sayu?"

"She's with Rika," Eri said. "I bet Rika will tell her too."

"I think so too. I called this meeting because Phil needs our help."

"Is Phil going to be okay?" Kei asked.

"I'm not sure," Miki said. "I told Yossie about it this morning."

"Just exactly what is going on?" Yuko asked. "He should be happy he's here with us."

"You don't know what he had to do to get out, do you?" Aya asked.

Over the next hour, the group shared stories. All of the stories from each member had a link to Phil's past. There was shock, anger, surprise and even tears from almost every member. For Yuko, she had never cried for someone, except for when she graduated from the band a few years back. "They made a mistake in trying to hurt Phil," she finally said. "I'm not going to let someone who is a friend of mine."

"He's a friend to all of us," Nacchi said.

"We can't stand around and do nothing," Kaori replied. "He's already hurting."

"But they're not even here yet," Tsuji replied.

"Even though they're not, they're making an impact on him," Kei said.

"That's why we're going to save him," Erika said. She, along with Yui came onto the H!M set and wanted heir input on the meeting. Not only they showed up, but Hitomi, Masae and Ayumi showed up as well.

"I believe I know how we can do that too," Yui smiled.

"What's that?" Yossie asked.

"Let's write to him and tell him that we support him," Yui said.

"I got a better idea, let's call him," Miki said. "Anybody know where he is?"

"Rika said he would be over at Megumi's," Hitomi said. "I'll call her."

She called Megumi and asked if she could bring Phil to the TV studio. Megumi said she would in a few minutes. "OK, he's coming over," she said.

"Once we tell him, he'll be fine," Erika said. "I hope he will."

"Like I said," Yuko said. "They picked the wrong people to mess around with."

Meanwhile, Megumi was driving Phil to the TV station. Phil wasn't told about the phone call that Megumi received from Hitomi. He didn't know where Megumi was taking him, he thought they were driving around for an hour or two. As they made their way to the TV station, Phil had second thoughts.

"Can you stop here for a few minutes?" Phil asked. They stopped next to the radio station part of the TV station.

"You're going to come inside, right?" Megumi asked.

"Yeah," Phil said. "Give me a few minutes."

"I'll be waiting inside," Megumi smiled.

Phil walked himself near the entrance of the radio station. He was beginning to shake, but he knew that he couldn't hide from his parents forever. For the first time in his life, he had people who would stand by him no matter what. He looked at the city and closed his eyes. As he closed his eyes, he may have saw Rika smiling at him. He knew then, that he had to make a crucial decision.

"You will not stop me," Phil said. "I love Rika and my friends. I will make sure that you will never see me again. I swear you will never hurt me again."

He went inside the studio and went inside Rika's dressing room. She wasn't there, but there was a note that was for him. The note was simple. Go out on stage. We'll be waiting.

He went out on stage and saw everybody in H!P waiting for him. They were smiling at him as they motioned him to come over. Phil did, as everybody began to hug him. He saw that some of the girls began to cry. The sight of that made Phil began to cry. They were tears of comfort and support. Phil finally smiled, knowing that H!P would keep him safe. Mari, Rika and Sayumi came over to where the group was and also began to hug Phil.

"We heard everything about you," Mari said to Phil. "We want you to know that we're not going to leave you."

"You're a part of us," Yossie said. "Nobody's going to take you away as long as we have anything to say about it."

"We're going to fight for you as long as it takes," Yuko said.

"We want you to come to us anytime you feel bad," Megumi replied.

"We want you to know that we love you," Rika said. "But not only that, but I love you too."

Rika hugged Phil as tight as she could. Phil saw that she was beginning to cry. He wiped the tears away from her face. "I love you too," Phil said. "I love you all guys."

Phil looked at Miki, who gave him not only H!P stuff, but also written notes and letters from everybody. He saw that Ryu and Misono also showed up as well. They went over to Phil and hugged him. "Now, you're fully a member of H!P club," he said.

"Like we said, you can stay with us as long as you want," Misono replied.

"I'm so glad I moved here," Phil said between tears. "Hopefully, I can start a new life here."

The group was talking and hugging the trio as the hours ticked away. Phil was in the middle with Rika and was hugging her. He knew now that he was going to stay in Japan. Even if it meant staying for the rest of his life, it would be worth it. It was already worth it now, being with Rika and with H!P.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 07:06:39 PM by cool_kickin_dude »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Re: Hello!Japan
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2007, 07:22:30 PM »
Chapter 11

2 months later...

Phil was at the Gatas practice field at the stadium. He was wearing his Yossie Gatas jersey, waiting for the practice to end. Since the group meeting 2 months earlier, Phil was feeling better than he was. In fact, he was beginning to believe that he was going to be all right. He watched Rika and the Gatas group practice for a while before the practice ended.

There wasn't a lot of people for the practice, mainly because that there would be a Morning Musume concert later this evening. As Phil went onto the practice field, he saw Yossie and Miki waving to him. He waved back to the girls, knowing that they would see him shortly. As he turned around, he saw his girlfriend Rika, smiling as she kissed him. "You need to change that jersey," she smiled.

"What's wrong with it?" Phil asked.

"It's not my jersey you're wearing," Rika laughed.

They held hands as Rika went into her sports bag and gave Phil one of her jerseys. As they went near the dressing rooms, Phil waited for her as he spotted Rika's friends, Erika and Yui. They were smiling at Phil as Rika went inside and got changed. "Well, there's our couple," Erika said.

"You guys doing anything tonight?" Yui asked.

"I'm not sure," Phil said. "You guys going to be at the concert tonight?"

"Yep," Erika smiled. "We'll all be performing."

"Are you guys going to do another song for me?" Phil asked.

"Would you like us to?" Yui asked.

Before Phil could answer, Rika came out and kissed Phil. Erika and Yui both smiled at each other and the couple. "We was just talking about you," Phil said.

"About what?" asked Rika.

"About what we going to do tonight after the concert," replied Phil.

Rika winked at Phil. "You'll see," she said.

Phil was about to leave the stadium before Yossie ran up to him. She saw that Phil wearing Rika's jersey instead of the jersey that Yossie gave him months ago. "I can't believe she made you take off my jersey," she smiled. "Wanna go to the Gatas cafe?"

"Sure, where is it?" Phil asked.

"It's about a block away," Yossie said. "Besides, I want to talk to you anyway."

The Gatas cafe was a place that had everything that was Gatas. Jerseys, posters, and all sorts of programs and player cards from each player. They had monitors that had the players talk about their favorite drinks. Phil and Yossie sat at the bar and had a few drinks.

"What do you want to talk about?" Phil asked.

"Let's first talk about how we'll take care of your situation," Yossie replied.

"How do we do that?"

"Our management knows a few police.."

"No, I don't want to go to the police, yet."

"Why not? They could help you too."

"I'm sorry, I just don't want them to know right now."

"They could tell you when your parents step down in Japan." Yossie said. "Just promise me, you'll go to them soon, ok?"

"I will," Phil promised.

"So," Yossie smiled, changing the subject. "Are you and Rika serious?"

"You can say that," Phil smiled. "I love her too much to lose her."

"Just think of her, then. That's a good enough reason to go to the police."

"That's about the main reason I can think of to do it."

"So, where's your girlfiend?" Miki asked, coming up from behind Phil. "I though she would be with you."

"No," Phil said. "She's with Erika and Yui right now."

"You know they'll going to figure it out soon," Miki replied.

"I hope they won't mind," Phil said.

"Don't worry," Miki said. "We'll tell them it's all rubbish." About that time, Phil's phone rang, amidst of all the loud commotion in the cafe. He checked to see that it was Erika and Yui on the cell phone.

Phil went outside to turn his phone on, he wanted to make sure he heard his friends. He saw Reina, Eri and Sayumi coming into the cafe as Phil was beginning to talk to Erika and Yui on the phone. The three friends waved at Phil as he heard the phone answer. "Hello?" Erika asked.

"Everything okay?" Phil asked.

"Of course," Erika said. "Just wanted to ask what you're doing right now."

"I'm at the Gatas cafe right now."

"You want us to pick you up?" Yui asked.

"I don't mind," Phil answered. "Is Rika with you?"

"No, we was going to ask you."

"Just stay where you at," Erika replied. "We'll pick you up in a few minutes."

Phil turned off his phone and saw two people come up to him, then another two people. Phil knew who they were, as they waved to him. He went over to the quartet and hugged them. It was the quartet Melon Kinenbi. "You coming to the show tonight?" Hitomi asked.

"Of course," Phil answered. "Is this a big H!P concert?"

"Yep," Ayumi said. "It will have us, Morning Musume, Viyuden and W. That's what we have so far."

"Wonder if Maki and Aya are going to be at the concert tonight?" Phil asked.

"They probably will," Megumi said. "Can we talk for a minute?"

Phil went with Megumi to her car, knowing he would probably hear the same thing that Yossie told him about. "I believe I know what you're going to say," he said.

"You do?" Megumi asked.

"Yossie told me, she wanted me to go to the police."

"It wouldn't be a bad idea."

"I tried going to them last year and it didn't work."

"What do you mean?"

Before Phil could continue, Erika and Yui went over to the duo. Phil motioned the two girls to wait for him. "I'll tell you about it tonight after the concert," Phil promised Megumi.

"It got worse before this?" Megumi asked.

"You could say that," Phil said.

He got in the car with Erika and Yui as they drove around for a while. He didn't want to blow Megumi off, but he knew he was going to have to tell her sooner or later. After telling her that there was more to his story, he knew that he had to tell everybody now. He had only told them the main reasons he left. Now, as he was in the car, he began to wonder if Yossie and Megumi were right. Perhaps it would be a good idea to go to the police after all.

"You called Rika yet?" Yui asked Phil, which broke him out of his train of thought.

"No," Phil said. "You guys want me to?"

"Of course, why wouldn't you?"

Phil began to dial on his cell phone before Erika saw someone familiar from afar. "Wait, is that her?" The girl was talking to a few friends. Phil looked out and knew that it was Rika. He smiled as she got in the car. "Was you waiting for me, sweetie?" Rika smiled as she kissed Phil.

"I told Phil to call you so we could all do something before the concert," Erika replied.

"So, what are we going to do?" Yui asked.

"Phil?" Rika asked. "Any ideas?"

"Not really," Phil shrugged. "Anything is fine with me."

As they continued driving, Phil saw that Rika had her head on Phil's shoulder. He kissed her forehead, which she returned the favor. He hugged Rika, wishing he would never let her go. "There's so much I have to tell you soon," he whispered.

"You can tell me later," Rika whispered back.

"Hate to tell you," Phil explained. "It got worse before I left."

"How bad?"

"With the police not even helping, it was like the whole city was against me."

"I wouldn't say that, did you have any friends during this?"

"If they only knew what I went through."

"What do you mean?"

"It got worse than this, especially last year."

"What happened?"

"I kept a journal of everything from last year up to my flight." Phil's lip began to tremble as he said that. He was glad that Erika and Yui weren't hearing what was being said. They were still talking about the concert, among other things. "I bought another journal when I came here after I met you."

"Why didn't you tell me about the journal?" Rika asked.

"I didn't think about it until just now," Phil answered. "Of course, I didn't want anybody to read it."

"Why not?"

"Because, I didn't want you to get involved."

"We have to be involved. We're in this together remember?"

"I know," Phil sighed.

"Then let me read it," Rika begged. "Please."

"All right," Phil said, sounding defeated.

"I'll come by tomorrow morning," Rika said. "Hopefully, nobody will disturb us."

The car drove into the driveway of Erika and Yui's apartment. The three girls got out as Phil wanted to call Megumi. He let it wait, knowing that she would know as well as the rest of the gang in the next few days. He knew that he would have to face his own dark secrets as well. He went inside with the girls and closed the door. The concert was almost six hours away.

Six hours later...

The stadium at Budokan was packed to the brim. There wasn't an empty seat to be found. Phil was with his friends Ryu and Misono, who were spending the day with Mari. The three inside waited for Morning Musume to come out from one of the dressing rooms. Nobody knew what was going on, but they didn't seem to mind. They saw a group of young girls that were about to go onstage.

"Wonder who are they?" Phil asked.

"That's Berryz Kobou," Ryu said. "Go ahead and introduce yourself to them."

"You sure they won't mind?"

"Don't worry," Misono replied. "We'll cover you."

As Phil introduced himself to Berryz Kobou and was talking to them, Morning Musume came out of the dressing room. They saw Phil talking to Berryz as Ryu and Misono went with Mari and the group. "You haven't met them before, have you?" Mari asked Phil about Berryz.

"First time," Phil replied. "Anybody seen Rika?"

"She's been waiting for you," Mari smiled. "In the dressing room."

Phil looked and saw Rika, who was talking to someone. He waited until the person left before he went over to her. Erika and Yui weren't there yet, but he knew they would be there soon. He kissed Rika as he watched the person leave. "Wonder who was that?" he asked Rika.

"Don't worry," Rika smiled. "It's not about you."

"Are you gonna leave her alone?" Yuko asked. She had came with Kaori, Nacchi and Kei. "We know you're dating her, but she does have a life you know."

"I know that," Phil joked. "You would do the same if I was dating you."

The girls laughed as Yuko gave Phil her trademark death-stare. "Don't even think about it," Yuko said. "You know it would be completely different if we were dating. I would be controlling you."

"There's the reason why," Phil smiled.

The whole group went to where Berryz was standing and prepared to get ready. Phil, Ryu and Misono waited out by the dressing room until it was time for the concert to start. Phil was about to enjoy what could be the last good thing for a long while. Tomorrow would start a completely different road ahead of him.

As the concert began, the crowd was in a frenzy. Berryz Koubou started off the concert with their new single. Then, W came out and started singing for a while before Melon Kinenbi came out on stage. Meanwhile backstage, Ryu and Misono were talking to Rika as Phil was watching the concert. He was too involved in the concert to hear what Rika was saying to his friends.

"Do you think we should tell him?" Ryu asked.

"No, I'll tell him," Rika answered.

"I didn't realize you guys would do this," Misono said.

"I didn't realize he had a journal either until he told me this morning," Rika replied.

"Well, at least he'll get a heads-up on this," Ryu said. "He's helped us before."

"He always takes care of his people," Rika said. "He's got some friends too, you know."

"Let's just take it one step at a time," Misono replied.

"I agree," Ryu said.

An hour after the conversation, the concert was going through its final stages. Morning Musume came out and thanked the crowd before dedicating a song to their three friends. They would have done the easy thing and brought them out on stage, but they wanted to keep it a secret for a while longer. After the concert had ended, the entire H!P cast came out and thanked the crowd before leaving. Phil waited for the group to come out before he went on the bus, which would take him back home. Luckily, Aya came on the bus and sat with Phil for a few minutes.

"You going home already?" Aya laughed.

"Yeah," Phil replied. "I need some sleep."

"I don't believe I gave you my phone number, have I?"

"I don't think so."

She gave Phil her phone number and kissed him on the cheek before leaving Phil. Phil knew that his friends would be going out tonight. He wanted to hang out with them, but he was too tired to do anything. He took a small nap as the bus took off. A half hour later, the bus stopped at the apartment. Phil got off and went inside. All he wanted to do right now was to go to bed. When he turned the light on, he saw Rika standing in his room.

"Rika? What are you doing here?"

"I got the key from your friends," she smiled. "Can I read your journal?"

"All right," Phil replied. He was tired, but he wasn't tired enough to keep away from Rika. "I have to tell you, you will probably be crying before it's over."

"I don't care," Rika said. "I want to know the old you before you met me."

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
Re: Hello!Japan
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2007, 07:41:44 PM »
Chapter 12

Phil went in to his closet and got his one of his suitcases out. He started looking through it until he fouund his journals. They were two regular-sized journals that he kept for a while. They were also beat up from the wear and tear of writing. He gave them to Rika as he began to leave for the shower.

"You're not going to read them with me?" Rika asked.

"Not right now," Phil answered. "Maybe later." He went into the bathroom and closed the door. Seconds later, Rika could hear the water being turned on.

She opened one of Phil's journals and beagn reading. She skimmed through some of the pages as she tried to piece out Phil's former life. She noticed that one date had a very large entry which lasted several pages. She went back to the beginning of the journal to find it. As she was reading it, it almost felt like she was there with him.

This will probably be my first and last post in this journal. I don't know how long this will last. I have caused so much trouble and grief to this whole family that it shames me that I was even born. I know I will probably never be able to leave this house, but at the same time I can't just stay here either. This is where you come in.

I bought this journal in hopes that I can finally pour everything that I've been through in here. I've been told that this does work, so I hope it does. I waited until they left before I started writing. If for some reason this does work, I'll write to you a lot more, but to be honest, I know they will find it and either burn it or ask me about it.

First, I should tell you who I am. My name is Phil and I've been living in this house for about 10 years. They finally got it paid off last year. Both of my parents work and that is about the only time I have peace in the house. My sister is about to leave in a few weeks to move out with her fiance. To be honest, I guess they treat him better than me, just because I'm not like him. I've been relegated to living in the garage the past two years, prior to that, my bedroom was in the basement. During that time, at least I had room to move around. Now it looks like I'll be stuck living in my sister's bedroom after she leaves.

My mom's fine, of course when nothing is going on. A few weeks ago, she began to see what was going on with me, but not the way I'm telling you now. I should have kept it to myself, but she somehow found out. In the old days, she would have not said anything, but now she will tell anybody about what is going on and make it like no big deal. She told him before dad left and he said never to say something silly like that again, When I told him I wasn't making it up, he hit me. Then they both left, leaving me to wonder what part of my life I lived wrong. To be honest, it was them that triggered my depression.

They are also the people that triggered another part of it. I've been suicidal the last year or so.

Rika's face was in a state of shock. She couldn't believe her boyfriend had a tormented past inside of him. To Rika, that was probably the reason why Phil couldn't tell her. She kept thumbing through the journal until she saw another passage that made her nearly cry.

I decided to bring my journal here to work so I can write some more. Funny, I've never had anything that's really 'mine'. I'm not posessive or anything like that, I just never had anything that means anything to me before. The place I'm working isn't much, but the more time away from the house, the better. Of course, they've been arguing about me trying to make me be like them. The problem with that is they don't want me to tell them about my personal life.

My sister's gone for the past week or two and it doesn't seem long at all. At least she hates them as much as I do, that's really the only reason why she left. Now that she's gone, I'm pretty much stuck with them all the time. I just hope I stay at this job long enough so I can get the money to move out. The hours and the pay are both cruddy. I'm surprised I have this job, knowing that my parents want me to find work in a factory or a trade.

I've been looking around for a place to stay for the past few weeks, that was until yesterday. Mom and dad found out and destroyed it right in front of me. Then, they yelled at me some more and dad knocked me down again. I told him not to hit me again, which was exactly what he did the next time. I had finally had enough and I hit him in the face. After he knocked me down, he screamed at mom to call the cops because he wanted to charge me with assault. I guess this is what I get for being stuck in this town, everybody believes them.

Before I came to work, I went online at the library. I have a couple of friends online that are into this thing called J-pop. I've never heard of it before, but I'm already falling in love with it. I've downloaded some songs off and took them to work with me. Right now, it is the only thing that's keeping me going. Hopefully, I'll talk to them tomorrow. They said they had a few other things about J-pop that I need to know.

I better stop now, the rain is coming down. I feel tired, I need some sleep. Stupid third-shift job and stupid pay.

I really need to talk to somebody about me.

Rika didn't know what to think. There wasn't anything that could have been done at the time. She looked to see if Phil was there, but he wasn't. Rika looked to see him laying down, listening to the radio. She wished Phil was with her right now. It was probably best for Phil not to talk about his life to her. He didn't mind Rika reading the journal, it gave him some time off to relax anyway.

Rika went back in Phil's room and read another passage of Phil's journal. "Phil, why did they do this to you?" she asked sadly.

Nothing much happened today, thank goodness. Everybody's out of the house and I can finally have some peace and quiet. At least this time, there wasn't a fight or anything like that.

There's been two things that have been going on recently for me. One is the J-pop that I've been talking about for awhile now. My online friends have told me of so many groups and singers that I can't keep track of them all. The only thing is, I wish I had my own computer so we could talk about them every night. All that I have at home is some stupid TV shows that everybody likes and I have to watch them. They don't make any sense to me anyway.

There is one show that a couple of friends told me about. It's a show called Hello!Morning. They have this group(I forget what the name is) that does all these crazy skits and games. They even have music from various people. I watched one show yesterday and it was hilarious. I believe it's the first time in a long time that I've felt this good. I'm hoping somebody will tape some shows for me soon.

The other thing that's been going on is the fact of me saving my money to get out. I've been looking in the papers recently for apartments, but none of them come cheap. Too bad all my friends are gone as well, they did the smart thing of leaving this town. I've been putting money in the bank for awhile and hoping something will come out of it soon. I've seen my sister's house and it is beautiful. I probably won't have a house like her's but any house is better than the one I'm living in.

I've been listening to the music more and more nowadays. It gives me some solace and peace. I'll have to listen to it when there's no one around. Knowing them, they probably will destroy it like everything else. If there's one thing I want to do, it's meet this H!M group before I die. I don't know if they're telling me to keep going or they're telling me something else. Whatever it is, I just feel something every time I listen to the music. My only wish is that I wish I had friends like them, they could understand me better.

I'll stop writing now, besides I'm running out of paper. I never thought I would be done with one book. I'll buy another one tomorrow.

Besides, I have a feeling something worse is bound to happen soon

Rika took out the second journal and began reading. She knew she was getting near the end of Phil's past and his life back home. She kept looking from outside Phil's room to see if anything was happening. Phil was still on the couch, nearly asleep listening to the radio. She found another passage and starting reading.

It happened again. The same as last night.

I don't know how it started, but I know it was probably for something stupid and probably for no reason whatsoever. I do know that it had something to do with my descent into my new passion. I guess most of it is my fault, because I didn't hide them like I should have. All I know is when I came home from work tonight and I've seen my DVD's and CD's, that I've grown to love now, were all destroyed. I turned around and was blindsided from a hit by the old man.

The only thing I could remember from that argument was all the yelling and the degrading from the parents. I can't tell you how long it lasted, but I can tell you that the last thing I remembered before going to bed was crying my eyes out, looking at the damage that was caused. I don't know if I ever will recover what was being broke. I tried to think of the music, the skits, anything I could try to remember, but to no avail.

If there was a reason for me to buy a journal, this is the reason. During this whole time, I kept a razor in one of my hiding spaces. I'm surprised they didn't find it and could have used it on me. It wouldn't have surprised me if they have used it on me. I began to put the razor near my arm and just as I was about to use it, I didn't have the courage to do it. I was crying so much that my arm with the razor was shaking. I went to bed crying, wishing I had the music to calm me down. I couldn't dream at all, basically all i could think of was me being stuck in this town and being yelled at all the time by the whole town.

With everybody gone this morning, I finally got a chance to write to you. Before I did, I got the razor out again and attempted to try again. Unfortunately, I got the same result. I started screaming "Why? Why do I have to put up with this?" I was hoping that someone would answer me, but again I got nothing. If I had my way, I would run away and never come back. Of course, it would be up to the town if they want to find me or not.

I wish I was free.

I wish I was someone else.

I wish I was happy.

I wish...wait, the telephone's ringing. I'll talk to you later.

"My darling Phil," Rika wept silently. "Why didn't you tell me? I would have believed you from the beginning."

She cried for a few minutes until she read at least one more passage. It was already 1:30 in the morning. Meanwhile, Phil began to wake up from the couch and went to the kitchen to get something to eat. If he could have listened closely, he might have heard Rika reading silently. If he listened real closely, he could have heard her crying out to him.

The more I look at it, I'm so glad I started writing in this journal. If I had at least a week and a very strong hand, I could tell every exact thing that has happened to me. I've started to bring my journals with me all the time now. Every now and then, I'll read them back to myself. It has me crying, but I have to tell the truth to you, knowing nobody else will.

A few days ago, I got the call that I knew was coming for awhile now. They were not going to renew our contract for our security at the plant. I don't know what to do, but I really wish that I have this job for a lot longer now. Even though it doesn't pay much, at least it's a way out for me all the time. These days, I don't go out except for work.

What really hurt was the fact that I just found an apartment, days before. I should have told you that in my last writing but I was too distressed over what has been going on recently. Luckily, the landlord would help me out with the moving. I'm surprised that at least one person had understanding for me. For the past few days, I've been moving stuff out of my house, except for the bed to my new apartment. These days I have to be real careful, for this move could mean suicide for me, which means I will probably be locked in the house for good.

Two major things have happened during this time as well. One is the only few friends I have here have now moved away. I even cried and begged them to take me with them, but they turned and walked away. Once upon a time, we used to be close until high school graduation, now we all seem so far away. The other reason is that dad wants me to join the military. He knows a few people who say that I need it to become a real man. I believe that's all a lie. I know my parents would love me to be like them or be dead as a soldier.

I tried to get in touch with my online friends so they could give me some extra J-pop stuff, but I've not heard from them in almost a month. I'm beginning to believe they've left me as well. I'm staring to think Japan is becoming a really good place to leave to now. I've started to look online and they have cheap rates for the trip at this time of the season. If for some reason, they cancel the contract before then, I might just make it. I almost got enough money to go and I just got my passport this morning after work.

I'm writing to you from my new apartment, which means the final writings will be one of the three options: I will leave for Japan, I will be in my apartment leaving for Japan, or I'll be caught and I'll probably be dead. I am praying for a miracle, but I doubt that wil be answered. Sometimes, you do have to take the biggest leaps and risks in order to make it. You do only live once, right?

I have to go home now, if anybody is listening, please hope that I somehow make it out alive.

Phil listened beside his bedroom door as Rika was reading. He began to cry, knowing that all the memories came back in a flood. He heard Rika cry as well, knowing that it was hurting her too. "I'm so sorry Rika," Phil wept. "I told you that you would be crying as well."

Rika couldn't hear Phil from outside. She got to the last page of Phil's second journal and started reading. Phil began to remember his third journal that he still had in his suitcase. He had to get it out and show it to Rika. He wanted to wait until Rika was done reading until he went back to his room.

Today is the day.

It is early morning right now and I just got the money out of the bank the day before. I know that by leaving, I will probably never be able to come back home again. Right now, it doesn't matter to me, as long as I'm away from them, I'll be fine. I told the landlord about the current situation and he helped me out with a small contribution. I guess you can say that was a blessing in disguise. I also give thanks that I bought my ticket in advance as well.

A military recruiter stopped me yesterday before I went home, trying to get me to come with him. I told him that I refused and I would never be someone that I wasn't. He called me a coward and said that I was making a big mistake. He's right, I've stayed here for far too long. I went home and heard about it from Dad. Mom wanted me to reconsider, not caring about what I thought. When I refused, Dad flew into a rage and started beating me up really bad. Mom just looked at me and walked away. I believe all this time she couldn't say anything because of him, even though they are both to blame for this. I'm surprised that I don't have any broken bones from all the bruises that I have right now. If that beating was my escape, I hate to say that it was worth it.

I've packed up a week earlier, the same time my job's contract had expired. I woke up early and walked the few miles to my apartment. I took the long way, knowing that my feet will be hurting the entire time. It was raining midway through my journey. It not only eased my worries for awhile, but it almost brought me back to the days that I listened to J-pop. When I got there, the landlord thought I had swam in the lake near the apartments. He gave me spare set of clothes and drove me to the bus stop. If there was anybody from the city I've left behind that has helped me most during this time, even for one extremely brief moment, it would be him.

I'm beginning to run out of space, but I would like to thank you so much for letting me write to you. Hopefully, by the time I get to Japan, I'll buy another journal and hope that I find the group or the show Hello!Morning for that matter. They would probably know what I am talking about. Of course, if I could speak Japanese and had some music, it would be easier.

I can't wait to start my new life, but I would have to change my whole identity. If that's the sacrifice that I have to make, it will all be worth it in the end. I hope that it's not too late to be someone new, someone more happy and carefree. I will be so scared to death when I get there, but I know that I will be fine.

Thank you so much again, I feel so much better now that I've been able to talk to you. I know you're not real, but you are about the one person I could trust during this whole ordeal.

Goodbye life. Hello Japan.

Phil could hear his journal book being closed by Rika. He went inside and saw Rika crying. She had just read his journal in less than a few hours. He went to Rika and hugged her. He kissed the top of head as he heard her breathing slowly. Rika looked at Phil and kissed him slowly. It was as touching and heartfelt as their very first kiss.

"I'm so sorry," Rika said.

"I know," Phil replied. "I wish my life didn't have to be like this."

"I'm glad you're here with me."

"You have no idea."

They kissed again for a few minutes until Phil went to one of his suitcases and got something out. Rika didn't know what it was until Phil gave it to her. "There is one more thing you need to read," he said.

"What is it?" Rika asked.

"My third journal. I started it when I met you."

"Why didn't you tell me eariler?" Rika asked.

"I wanted to wait until you were finished," Phil answered. "Read it."

Rika opened the journal and saw another long passage, but not as long as the very first post in the first journal. She thumbed through the other pages, which were blank. She saw that the one passage was the only passage in the journal.

I'm finally here in Japan.

I had enough money to buy a journal at the airport before I went to the hotel for the night. Already, the people here are so nice. They know how to treat someone like me as a part of their family. I apologize if I haven't written to you sooner, but there have been so many things happening to me that I couldn't wait to tell you any longer.

First, remember when I told you that I was going to be scared to come here? It began to happen when i got up this morning. I cried for a few minutes before realizing that I had to move on. I don't know how long this will last, but I hope it's over real soon.

Next, I met two people who had been more nice to me than any friend I ever had back home. I guess you can say they are as nice as the landlord who got me out of here the day before. I'm not sure if they are from around here or not, but they offered me a place to stay with them. Their names are Ryuichi(Ryu) and Misono. They were following a bus to a TV station, which I then joined the two in the pursuit. When I got there, I knew where I was then. I was on the set of Hello!Morning. The same set that I was watching on TV just weeks earlier. All the memories of that set began to click in my mind. I watched the show with the two and I couldn't stop laughing. I couldn't believe what happened after that, the memory is still in my head even as we speak.

We went on the stage and I wanted so much to meet the people on the set, maybe they were the people on the bus. I was told that they were and they actually knew the people as well. When the group came out and introduced themselves as Morning Musume, I couldn't say a word. I was actually meeting a J-pop band. I didn't know what to expect, until their band's leader Yossie, pinched me in the arm to assure that I wasn't dreaming.

Then I met this girl, who is the host of the show. Her name is Rika and I can't think of a more beautiful person to be around with. She has the most beautiful smile, her hair is just lovely and her voice takes my breath away. She told me that I was in a club called the H!P club. It's the only club that knows Morning Musume personally. She also said that she would come over by the house, which she did just now. She said that she wanted me to come with her onto her radio show tonight. She also said that she had a few friends that I should meet.

She's the most beautiful person I've ever met. What I wouldn't give to be with her always. I hope something happens tonight. I love being in Japan, I love my new friends, I love Morning Musume.

More importantly, I'm falling in love with Rika. I wish I could say "I love you" to her.

Rika put down the journal and looked at Phil. She smiled at Phil and kissed him. She saw a different person in Phil before she read his journal. What she saw in Phil was a tortured, and hurt person in her boyfriend. She was glad to finally know the real person in Phil before he met her. Phil hugged her as he started to cry. "You're the only person who's ever read this," he said.

"I'm glad I did," Rika said. "I love you and I'll never leave you."

"I know you won't," Phil kissed Rika and laid on her lap.

They laid there for quite awhile before Phil decided to go to bed. He turned off the light and laid down on the bed. Rika laid beside him and began to kiss him fiercely. Phil never had anybody who knew him well and knew his darkest secrets than Rika. He was glad that he had her now and he knew he was going to have to rely on her in the days, if not weeks ahead.

"I wish I was with you back home," Rika said.

"I know," Phil replied. "We could have ran away together."

"You're running away now. We just got to get rid of your parents."

"I know. I wish that it was all over right now."

"Don't worry, it will be."

"Right now, you're the only thing on my mind." Phil kissed Rika as they made out for quite awhile before they went to sleep. Neither of the two dreamed, but for Phil and Rika, being together was like a dream come true. The only thing stopping them was Phil's parents. Now it was time to show them that Phil would not be pushed around anymore.

The next morning, Ryu and Misono knocked on Phil's bedroom door. They didn't hear anything, so they decided to open the door. When they saw Phil and Rika sleeping, the two friends smiled. They closed the door, so they wouldn't be disturbed. They decided to take a little nap themselves. It was already 7:30 in the morning, but no deal. Today was a new day, and new happenings to look forward to. Of course, there will be worry and misfortunes, but at the end of the day, Phil knew that he would be able to side with his friends for his troubles ahead.

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: EvoL - We Are a Bit Different