JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: pukkey - It`s little too late

Author Topic: [6/13] Morning Musume '18 65th Single -[Are you happy/A gonna]  (Read 213 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: [6/13] Morning Musume '18 65th Single -[Are you happy/A gonna]
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 08:11:03 PM »
The instrumental for A Gonna sounds a little.. void/empty at times? Other than that, cool stuff... Thanks!

Of course both vid stills are Maachan looking awesome xD
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
Re: [6/13] Morning Musume '18 65th Single -[Are you happy/A gonna]
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2018, 03:34:11 AM »
The instrumental for A Gonna sounds a little.. void/empty at times? Other than that, cool stuff... Thanks!
Concert fan recordings have a tendency to cut out certain frequencies so that might be what you're hearing.
I find that the high-end and mid-range frequencies are usually muted a bit, or are drowned out by audience noise.
In these songs, there's so many overlapping rhythms that missing a layer or two can make the arrangement sound sparse.

When I just heard the concert rip of Are you happy, I was underwhelmed by how repetitive it sounded.
After seeing both of these songs performed in concert last weekend, hearing all the parts clearly made a huge difference.

In the recording, it's unclear how the song slowly keeps adding layers and intensity.
From the quiet parts, it keeps building up and up until the end of the choruses when the entire arrangement drops out.
That's really the dramatic punch of the song, which you can't really tell from the recording.

As a side note, the dance around 1:45 of the recording reminded me of Maasai jumping dance.
That tribal context made that part of the song make so much more sense.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: pukkey - It`s little too late