JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyuna - Wolf (Feat. Hanhae)

Author Topic: The Konno Asami Thread (紺野あさ美)  (Read 363447 times)

Offline Shinora

• konkonism: the path to enlightenment
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Konno Asami Thread 川o・-・)
« Reply #800 on: May 22, 2007, 01:30:11 AM »
shes the loveable one of course!!
[
For us Konno fans, logic and evidence can't explain why we love her, or why every day is Konno Day. - Slack

Offline Kamui

• Charmy Army Commander
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #801 on: May 22, 2007, 03:17:40 AM »
She's the one everyone loves to hug.

Offline genericpaperdoll

• マスタ☆ピンク。
  • Member+
  • neverending.white.light
« Reply #802 on: May 22, 2007, 06:06:49 AM »
shes the loveable one of course!!
She's the one everyone loves to hug.

Both sound right to me :heart:

I was so happy when I watched the H!P Eggs DVD thing and saw goalkeeper Konno :heart: Even if it was only for like 3 seconds...

Dollie's GraphicsI'll Never Forget You ♦

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #803 on: May 23, 2007, 05:46:44 PM »
i wonder.... what was Konno's role in MoMusu?  i know she is the tensai and eat-a-lot girl(so adorable when she eats), but is there anything else?

btw.  in the beginning, when i joined the MoMusu fandom in the H!P world, i thought konno looked mixed, even now, she looks a lil mixed to me.  i'm just curious, is she?  anyone knows?

Well to start with, you have Konno fulfilling Momusu's lovable & cuddly roles. Konkon's incredible cuddle-reflex-inducing power is even scientifically proven!  That took a while to develop, though.
Back when she started, she was "the spacey one", probably even moreso than Iida.
Then you have Konno as the karate girl of Momusu.

But if you ask me, Konno's strength and appeal is that she was not usually the main focus.  She was perhaps their greatest underdog, which is a term used to describe her frequently.  Watching performances, she's almost always positioned in one of the outside corners (usually the right), which strikes me as a place that is nearly as important as the center, but nowhere near as glamorous.  To watch her plugging away was to watch someone not necessarily with the most talent, but perhaps the most quiet strength and competence.

Looking at my momusu group pics, it strikes me that Konno provided a softness that the other super-genki girls don't. Always serious, soft-spoken, and never overtly angry, Konno presented an extremely non-threatening quality. If you ask me, I'd say that drafting Mittsi was an attempt (failed?) to recover some of that gentle quality.  Unfortunately, none of them can present the same type of non-threatening atmosphere as Konkon.

In short, Konno was Momusu's Yamato Nadeshiko.

Addressing your second question, to my knowledge, she is not mixed.  One thing that H!P has taught me is the very diverse range of looks that Japanese girls can have.  For example, you have Takahashi (who my roommate thinks looks a bit Vietnamese) and Iida (who was once rumored to be part Ainu). Some people I know think Konno has a very "anime-girl" look with her head shape/size and huge eyes, which undoubedly adds another dimension to her appeal for some.  If you still want to believe she's mixed (like some do with Risako's rumored 1/4 Canadian heritage), far be it for me to convince you otherwise.  The question I would ask you then would be, "Mixed with what?"

349 Days!

川o・-・)<3
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #804 on: May 23, 2007, 06:45:13 PM »
^ The professor has spoken! XD

[cough cough]...[returns to lurker mode]

Jabronisaur

« Reply #805 on: May 23, 2007, 07:33:57 PM »
If you still want to believe she's mixed (like some do with Risako's rumored 1/4 Canadian heritage), far be it for me to convince you otherwise.  The question I would ask you then would be, "Mixed with what?"

Honey? Sugar? Grenadine maybe? She's definately mixed with love, I know that for sure.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #806 on: May 23, 2007, 11:46:31 PM »
Slack, what a great way to describe konkon, u put my thoughts into words way better than i can, i never been able to fully explain my feelings and thought the way i want to.  kinda lost in translation, hahaha. 
anywayz back to the subject, i totally agree about konkon softness of the group, and everything else u said. for me, i would say she is kind, gentle, cute, adorable, quiet,etc. but i like the way u said it better.  konkon's persona has been a quiet and calm nature, but i heard that during Gatas, she completely change, as told by Yossie herself, she gets serious, and her expression completely change from her usual persona.  it intrigues me so...

btw, about the mixed thing, i just said that she looked mixed, but i dunno what the hell i'm talking about, sometimes, i say stupid things that i regret lata, only cuz i don't know how to observe and describe  things well. its maybe i thought she looked mixed cuz she didn't look quite like the other japanese girls are. 
After Slack mentions that she looks the anime-type.  i realized that's is what i'm kinda thinking. she her eyes and facial features may look a lil bit difference from the other japanese girls in general.  like i said, i'm not good with words, either when talking or typing...
To me, she's definitely the most adorable Momusu...gaki's second. :wahaha:

Offline genericpaperdoll

• マスタ☆ピンク。
  • Member+
« Reply #807 on: May 24, 2007, 12:19:05 AM »
Ah, Slack. Always putting into words what us Konno fans feel :heart: :heart:

She was perhaps their greatest underdog, which is a term used to describe her frequently.

That's so true in so many ways. Whenever I watch MM performances, I almost never look at the people in the center (I don't really care about them :-[), but I watch the corners, where they always end up sticking Konno (or Mako).

Looking at my momusu group pics, it strikes me that Konno provided a softness that the other super-genki girls don't. Always serious, soft-spoken, and never overtly angry, Konno presented an extremely non-threatening quality. If you ask me, I'd say that drafting Mittsi was an attempt (failed?) to recover some of that gentle quality.  Unfortunately, none of them can present the same type of non-threatening atmosphere as Konkon.

She's definitly the "quietest" looking one in their pics. As opposed to say Reina or Koharu or Sayu with their more in-your-face-ness. I always see those "super-genki" girls as almost trying to force people to like them, but Konkon never did that and I love her more for it. I don't think I've ever seen Konkon get angry (be intensely serious, yes, but not angry). And I agree, sometimes I look at Aika and think Tsunku is using her like a combined Konkon-Mako replacement. I love Mittsi, but she can't replace Konno.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #808 on: May 24, 2007, 02:25:21 AM »
maybe it's too early to say, but i think no one can replace konno in momusu.  she's an important part of Momusu, had been and always will to me.
 even though i haven't known her prior to her graduation, or H!P in general, ever since becoming a fan, i'd watched the early vids and stuff and know how important konno is, to me and to Momusu. that's why then i would feel really sad as too i missed out so much on her. and only have the memories.  i would kick myself many times as to why i haven't notice MM before konkon grad.  if only i could turn back time, get to know them better before hand and live the moment.  before i watched konkon grad concert without knowing what's happening, now whenever i watch it again, emotions hit me like a brick wall...

Jabronisaur

« Reply #809 on: May 26, 2007, 07:43:01 PM »
I think Kon was something altogether unique in MM. While the majority of the members flashed and sparked during their time in the group, Konno maintained her quiet strength and calming influence. I can't think of a single member before or now that had/has the same subtle courage as Konkon. Although, Chun Li has a similar quiet style. It would be nice to see a member with the same sublime grace as Kon.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #810 on: May 26, 2007, 10:34:37 PM »
i'm sorry to post this but umm.......
no Konkon countdown for the last 3 days!?  thought u gonna keep this up for.... i dunno know how long. 
so if i could, allow me to continue the countdown...

346 Days!
sorry bout the pics, i don't have a big or an official picture of her.  it's the best i could do...

oh and slack when u mentioned she is like a yamato nadeshiko, she is just like that: gentle, kind, looks weak, but is strong.  like a perfect match... just my type.  all the reason to love her more...

Offline genericpaperdoll

• マスタ☆ピンク。
  • Member+
« Reply #811 on: May 27, 2007, 03:09:12 AM »
Random Konno picspam because she looked so cute in this apperance ^_^
(okay she always looks cute...)

and I totally agree, Slack's Yamato Nadeshiko desciption fit Konkon to a T :heart:

Offline vergil83

• Member+
« Reply #812 on: May 27, 2007, 12:07:44 PM »
Random Konno picspam because she looked so cute in this apperance ^_^
(okay she always looks cute...)

and I totally agree, Slack's Yamato Nadeshiko desciption fit Konkon to a T :heart:

Kon Kon has always been lovable and cute.  :heart:

Offline Since1983

• Miki Fujimoto's Sex Slave
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #813 on: May 28, 2007, 03:55:19 AM »
lol I always like how her head is bigger than her body. Doesn't seem proportional but cute nonetheless.
I'll show you mine if you show me yours. ;)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #814 on: May 28, 2007, 04:02:34 AM »
^head bigger than body.... :grr:.... ohhh :hehehe: well....bigger than most girls.  but, who cares... :bigdeal:... she is absolutely adorable... :luvluv2:

Offline polidread

• slowpoke
  • Member+
« Reply #815 on: May 29, 2007, 04:55:28 AM »
round faced and cheeky, and her hair is alway styled to frame her face, which emphasizes the roundness :)

konno is pinchy cheeks paradise !

Offline genericpaperdoll

• マスタ☆ピンク。
  • Member+
« Reply #816 on: May 30, 2007, 12:04:06 AM »
lol I always like how her head is bigger than her body. Doesn't seem proportional but cute nonetheless.
It needs to be bigger to fit her brain XD

and before I forget...

1000th post dedicated to Konno, 'cause she's the reason I got interested in H!P :)

Jabronisaur

« Reply #817 on: May 30, 2007, 07:59:48 PM »
Gongratz there GPD! Way to dedicate that post to the most huggable musume eber <3

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #818 on: May 30, 2007, 11:53:47 PM »
KONNO  :pleeease:  ......Oh HoW i MiSs U sO  :gyaaah:

:mon inluv: Come Back to Me  :mon hanky:   :mon innocent:

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #819 on: May 31, 2007, 02:42:18 AM »
Happy Konno Day

Namida ga tomarani houkago (yureru houkago ver.) in mpeg4 to take with you

http://download.yousendit.com/2EFFD80F7FD1E57F

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hyuna - Wolf (Feat. Hanhae)