JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Ni Kan-Bu-Jian Di Di-Fang ~ Places You Can`t See

Author Topic: The Konno Asami Thread (紺野あさ美)  (Read 363455 times)

Offline reyfer

• Member+
  • Sayumin's personal assistant
Re: The Konno Asami Thread 川o・-・)
« Reply #860 on: June 18, 2007, 11:50:54 PM »
Well, more info from Sanspo http://www.sanspo.com/geino/top/gt200706/gt2007061901.html

It says (I'm using my small knowledge of japanese and the Nifty online translation engine as an aid), that since her graduation there was a desire by her to remain in GATAS if her school schedule allowed it. So there were conversations between her and UFA about it, and once she saw she could manage both (giving priority to study when both activities overlap), they made the deal, and in the meantime Tsunku came up with the GATAS single idea (it will be the theme for the Cirque Du Soleil's "Dralion" in Japan), so it was decided that she returns to the stage as well, at least for this. They will present the single on the Nagoya concert on July 15th.

And the GATAS thing is 100% sure.

Offline ASSEMblerEX

• Miki x Ai
  • Member+
« Reply #861 on: June 18, 2007, 11:51:59 PM »
some good news for once...

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #862 on: June 19, 2007, 12:37:55 AM »
YAH Our prayers are answered. 

Offline Shug

• Member+
« Reply #863 on: June 19, 2007, 01:04:51 AM »
Great news, made my day.
Seemed like there was something missing from H!P after she left.
Makes me wonder if UF asked her back to steer the attention away from recent bad news.
Konkon coming back in any capacity should be a boost to H!P.
Welcome back Konkon

Offline Kamui

• Charmy Army Commander
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #864 on: June 19, 2007, 04:40:49 AM »
YES! :inlove: She's back! :otomerika:
Really, words can not express how awesome it is that she has returned.

Offline Maikeru86

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #865 on: June 19, 2007, 05:05:21 AM »
WORD...

Offline ayubon

• Shoujo A
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #866 on: June 19, 2007, 07:23:51 AM »
HELL YEAH!  :vv:

Offline MGStyle

• Member+
« Reply #867 on: June 19, 2007, 10:33:06 AM »
I always thought she was a stand out in her generation! It was such a big loss to lose her and to now get her back is so awesome!  :farofflook: I wish you great success dear Kon Kon! (l love that nickname!)

Offline data9999

« Reply #868 on: June 19, 2007, 05:14:54 PM »
Konkon is back!
Yeah---------!

\(^o^)/ :inlove:

Offline num2son

• Member+
  • Nice to be Important but more Important to be Nice
« Reply #869 on: June 19, 2007, 05:20:16 PM »

Designed by Miichan

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #870 on: June 20, 2007, 03:21:58 AM »
Sports and school shouldn't be too tough for Kon Kon to handle.  After all, she always was the strongest and smartest of the girls. 

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #871 on: June 20, 2007, 07:13:24 AM »
About 25 years ago, my dad taught English at Keio, and from what he tells me about Japan's university system, the actual studying and such isn't that hard.  The entrance exams are the real killer, then everything is coasting until graduation.  Apparently it was something along the lines of only needing to pass a fraction of your classes (like five out of thirteen) in order to go to the next year.  To paraphrase him, it's like an initiation followed by lots of joining clubs and the like.

I don't know how accurate that is nowadays, but from what I've heard, the entrance exams are still effing hard.  In that context, Konkon taking a sabbatical to focus on the exams makes sense.  Not knowing exactly how hard the curriculum would be would be reason enough to fully retire, just in case it was too hard to balance career and education.  The coursework might actually be pretty easy, but Konkon wouldn't have known that until she attended a semester.

I decided to watch Konno's grad memorial DVD again today, and when it got to the part about what she planned to do after college, she said "it's a secret".  Considering the litany of famous and influential people who graduated from Keio, one can only imagine what kind of career she has in mind with the connections she's sure to get.

Anyway, whether this is just a temporary summer job for her or a more permanent arrangement, YAY FOR US KONNO FANS.  Even after an entire year with only one public appearance, I must say that my love for the girl hasn't waned a bit.  I can't wait to see if she's really gone blonde, if she's going to mentor the younger goalkeepers, or how the Gatas will do.  Looks like I'm going to have to pay attention again.

Oh, and just to update:

3211/3 Days Left!

川o・-・)<3
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:14:45 AM by Slack »
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline MGStyle

• Member+
« Reply #872 on: June 20, 2007, 09:25:09 AM »
Lucky bird!!!! :imdead:

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #873 on: June 20, 2007, 06:12:14 PM »
Sports and school shouldn't be too tough for Kon Kon to handle.
And some people only go to college on sports scholarships!

It'd be fun if she gets fridayed now with the public release of her report card. :-)

Offline reyfer

• Member+
« Reply #874 on: June 20, 2007, 06:37:38 PM »
Message from Konno about her return to GATAS http://www.helloproject.com/gatas/message/070619-5.html

Basically, it says that she graduated from MM in July last year to pursue studies, and that since at that time it seemed difficult to keep both the studies and work on GATAS, graduation from H!P was decided as well. But she always wanted to play with GATAS, and after giving some thought to it and talking with people from the team, she decided she can balance both, giving of course priority to studies should both activities overlap. So after some talks and some more meditation, it was decided that she rejoins H!P to play with GATAS.

Take into account that my japanese is limited. But that's basically what it says. And it also makes clear to me that she is coming back for GATAS, not to perform on stage. And I kind of understand her: imagine juggling with university, GATAS' games and on top of that musical performances? Too much stress if she's serious about her studies. So at least until she can figure something else out, she is coming back only for GATAS (of course there will be appearances at shows, UFA cannot miss on that).

Offline genericpaperdoll

• マスタ☆ピンク。
  • Member+
  • neverending.white.light
« Reply #875 on: June 20, 2007, 06:49:25 PM »
^ Thanks for the summary reyfer!

Yeah, I wasn't expecting her to be going back to stage performances right now. (I hope she does after finishing school though :heart:) For now, I'm perfectly happy with seeing her back in H!P and Gatas, tutoring the younglings XD The fact that she's singing in a single is just a plus :heart: I wonder if she'll come back as a blond...
Dollie's GraphicsI'll Never Forget You ♦

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #876 on: June 20, 2007, 06:59:54 PM »
They need a goalie after Tsuji did a nono (Pun intended)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:00:34 PM by THUNDERDUCK »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #877 on: June 21, 2007, 12:40:54 AM »
They need a goalie after Tsuji did a nono (Pun intended)

Nice.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline reyfer

• Member+
« Reply #878 on: June 21, 2007, 12:46:33 AM »
And now I find out that she's in the Environment and Information Studies department of Keio University. Nice. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #879 on: June 21, 2007, 01:35:29 PM »
I wonder what that entails specifically?

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - Ni Kan-Bu-Jian Di Di-Fang ~ Places You Can`t See