JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Last Dance

Author Topic: The Official Playstation 3 Thread  (Read 55719 times)

Offline flipsy

The PlayStation 3
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2005, 08:41:29 PM »
as long as killzone is what it looks like in the trailer, xbox360 is gonna get pwned

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2005, 12:00:31 AM »
Sony fakes demos because they want people to wait PS3 after Xbox360 is already released. It doesn't matter if games aren't so good looking in the end as promised.
coot is ctz

Offline TheQuickening

• Watching from afar
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2005, 03:32:58 PM »
Only way to know for sure is to wait and see.  Let the products speak for themselves.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Barrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-be-cuuuuuuuuuuuuue

Offline Roary

• Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2005, 12:03:39 PM »
Let the games speak for themselves I really dont care about the machine's powers as long the games are good and fun to play.
I think I'll wait for revolution :D  And maybe get the ps3 too.

Do you want my candy?!?

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2005, 06:14:56 PM »
I'm not a console person, my last console was a 8bit Nintendo, but If I had to choose now, I probably end up having PS3, because of blu-ray.
coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2005, 07:21:48 PM »
I believe I read somewhere that Sony showed the capibalities of the PS2 by running the FFVIII FMV dance sequence, stating it was real time. To this day, I don't think I've seen the majority of PS2 games looking like that! Personally, I think it's too early for next-gen anyway. The potential for all 3 current consoles is still un-tapped.

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2005, 05:01:57 AM »
It's nice to have a high powered console, but there's no point if the games don't use the system to its potential.  I think I'll hold back on it to see how the games pan out.  From the list on ign.com, the only ones that look interesting are Devil May Cry 4 and The Getaway.  From the caps, the rest of the games look like crap.  Cheap backgrounds and character design.   :P  

Oh and I don't like the look of the new controller.  I'm also worried at how comfortable it would be to use. The old controllers were perfect for hours and hours of gaming.

Offline k3nn

• ecchi
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2005, 06:41:06 PM »
Aye, the new controller looks pretty poor I have to say. I've also read that the processor is pretty hard to code for - thoug hthat may be only when used in PCs. Sounds hella good though  :lol:

Offline Kenji

• Kyamei's Bitch
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2005, 09:13:28 AM »
It's been said that the controller isn't official, and could possibly change before the PS3's launch.

Offline Haonan

• 公認AKB48とNGT48アンバサダーです
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2005, 07:45:46 PM »
One thing for sure, the controllers are definitely going wireless, which is a good thing. I can't stress how much I hated the length of the cord, since I play in the living room.

There's been word that with the HDD add-on, the PS3 would be a supercomputer with the capability of powering multiple-OSes, but all these are still FUD or rumour for now, we will hav to see it with our own eyes. But one thing for sure, Linux would be bundled with the HDD-add on, which is wat Ken Kutaragi said himself.

Really can't wait for the PS3, which is like less than one year away from now.
♥【愛用ガジェット】♥
♪現役携帯電話: NEC MEDIAS W N-05E
♪現役イヤホン: DITA Audio Answer Truth Edition & Astell & Kern AKR02
♪現役DAPプレイヤー: Sony NW-ZX1/GD
♪現役デジタル一眼カメラ: Sony Alpha α6000

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2005, 09:31:39 PM »
I sure hope they change the controllers.  Wireless controllers is something they should have done that a long time ago.  I have my PS2 in my room and the cord is barely long enough to reach.  In the living room, forget it, I have to sit on the hardwood floor which isn't comfortable.  Less gaming makes me a grumpy person.  lol  :lol:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2005, 09:35:31 PM »
Quote from: ChocoMochaKei
I sure hope they change the controllers.  Wireless controllers is something they should have done that a long time ago.  

Well hopefully they'll also have the requisite battery technology in them too. Lithium Ion or some other rechargeable type.

If it needs stacks of AA's, I'm going to be cranky.

(Plus, even with a good battery, 12+ hour Final Fantasy marathon sessions will still be a thing of the past.  :cry: )

Offline ChocoMochaKei

• ecchi
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2005, 05:04:48 AM »
Quote from: Asmodai
Quote from: ChocoMochaKei
I sure hope they change the controllers.  Wireless controllers is something they should have done that a long time ago.  

Well hopefully they'll also have the requisite battery technology in them too. Lithium Ion or some other rechargeable type.

If it needs stacks of AA's, I'm going to be cranky.

(Plus, even with a good battery, 12+ hour Final Fantasy marathon sessions will still be a thing of the past.  :cry: )

You can get AAs that recharge in a half hour.  I have 8 of them for my digicam that I'm not using.  I'm thinking I'd use the other controller while I'm recharging the first one  :D  It would suck if you're in the middle of a major fight and the battery dies on you *shiver*

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2007, 11:38:50 AM »
So I think my PS2 broke today(hopefully I just need to clean it). It won't read any discs. Well the cd reader broke a couple years ago but that didn't really matter. But it won't read dvd's anymore either. I'm going to buy some cd player cleaner and see if it does the job, but if it doesn't I have a little dilema...

Should I actually get a PS3?

I was actually hoping to get one of the cheaper systems with the better games now and get a ps3 next year or something when better games are out. But now I can't play any of my ps2 games. It sucks cause it's actually the only system I use nowadays(and the dslite) and I still haven't beat FFXII!!

So here are my choices:

I buy another ps2 now for about 100 bucks and then buy the 60gb ps3 later on like I originally planned.

I get a ps3 now(though I don't really like any games out right now...)

Or get neither and never be able to play my ps2 games ever again...

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2007, 05:28:14 PM »
Is there a way to hook up PS1/2 controllers to the PS3 so someone could use an arcade stick?

Offline Ericks

• Mr. Doctor Love
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2007, 05:44:11 PM »
Quote from: StreakInTheSky;316822
So here are my choices:

I buy another ps2 now for about 100 bucks and then buy the 60gb ps3 later on like I originally planned.

I get a ps3 now(though I don't really like any games out right now...)

Or get neither and never be able to play my ps2 games ever again...

Or buy both and send me the PS3?
お願い ミスター・ドクター・ラブ

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2007, 05:52:17 PM »
If you buy PS3 now:
+ You can play your ps2 games right away.
+ Ps3's firmware can be upgraded, so it wouldn't matter even if you buy it right now.
- The price might drop if you wait, so buying it right now might not be the best choice money-wise.

So there, if you have no problem with money, getting the PS3 right now might be a good idea. Then when the good games come you're already set ^_^
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 05:54:42 PM by Rick-e »

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2007, 06:24:04 PM »
^ Not if you live in Europe:

Sony has changed the specification of the PlayStation 3 for Europe, raising doubts over the number of PlayStation 2 games that will be compatible with the next-gen machine.

"Rather than concentrate on PS2 backwards compatibility, in the future, company resources will be increasingly focused on developing new games and entertainment features exclusively for PS3," said David Reeves, president of SCEE.
Advertisement

Sony has said that 'a new combination of hardware and software emulation will enable the PS3 to be compatible with a broad range of original PlayStation titles, and a limited range of PS2 titles'.

So the Euro launch of the PS3 will now:

a) Be the most expensive
b) Be the last to launch
c) Have less features than US or Japan (the number of PS2 games compatible with the PS3 will be severely reduced due to 'a new combination of hardware and software emulation')

I don't like bashing of any kind, I think each console and their companies have strengths and weaknesses, but that's a pretty fucked up move by Sony.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2007, 10:40:48 PM »
Quote from: Rick-e;316977
If you buy PS3 now:
+ You can play your ps2 games right away.
+ Ps3's firmware can be upgraded, so it wouldn't matter even if you buy it right now.
- The price might drop if you wait, so buying it right now might not be the best choice money-wise.

So there, if you have no problem with money, getting the PS3 right now might be a good idea. Then when the good games come you're already set ^_^

The thing is I'm not too sure if they will drop the prices any time in the next year or two. The xbox360 has yet to have a price drop and I haven't heard any news of one coming anytime soon. Will Sony follow microsoft stance in not dropping the price I'm not too sure but I think it's more likely what's gonna happen.

And actually the reason I don't want to buy another ps2 now is because of the money. It will save me 100 bucks if I don't buy one. And if there is a price drop, they are not going to drop it more than 100 bucks. So in the end if I wait and they do drop it I'll end up flat even money wise.

Offline fullyinsane

• Fly Naked wif Me, t(-.-t)
  • Member+
The PlayStation 3
« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2007, 03:49:10 AM »
well...i got the same problem with u...the optical drive wont read any DVD games....this is the 2nd time i got the same problem...last repair cost half of the price of the console,,,dam...this time i dont think i can afford to repair it anymore,,,i think better wait for ps3..but the price.argh...hm..since i like all sony's console...

i think i will repair my current ps2 and buy the ps3 later when the price drop like when i bought my ps2

*and if i buy ps3..i dont think i can afford the games...hahaha...

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Base Ball Bear - Last Dance