JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kamiki Aya - Ashita no Tame ni

Author Topic: The Obscure Band/Artist Thread  (Read 424807 times)

Offline Lotto

Re: The Obscure Band/Artist Thread
« Reply #480 on: October 20, 2008, 03:44:53 AM »
I wish I were in Japan right now.. I just ordered NATSUMEN's single from towerrecords.co.jp, ONExMORExSUMMERxSHIT!!! I am dying from anticipation! One more day! Q_Q

Also, is there anyone from Japan here that is actually going to their concert at Shibuya club QUATTRO? The show seems to have been just sold out D:!

http://natsumen.net/

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #481 on: October 20, 2008, 04:14:02 AM »
I'm in Japan at the moment, but I can't make it due to it being a Tuesday. Shit sucks. :/

Good to see they completely sold out, though.

Edit: Oh yeah, these are the confirmed members to appear:

AxSxE Guitar
山本達久 Drums
加藤雄一郎 Sax
柿沢健司 Cornet
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 04:28:00 AM by Ayabie »

Offline Lotto

« Reply #482 on: October 20, 2008, 05:39:36 AM »
Nice to see three returning members, but where's Ain? I kind of assumed she would be there since AxSxE and Ain were in BOaT together and went on to form NATSUMEN. Haven't heard of the drummer.. Sounds great though, thanks for the info.  :]

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #483 on: October 20, 2008, 11:57:26 AM »
I've only listened to it once as of now.

(2008.10.21) ONExMORExSUMMERxSHIT!!!

NATSUMEN - ONExMORExSUMMERxSHIT!!! / RESI-2015
¥1,000 / 2008/10/21

1. One Shit
2. No Reason Up To The Death
3. 080110
4. Live In The Waterfall
5. 070917
6. The Shit

Offline korei

« Reply #484 on: October 20, 2008, 12:09:12 PM »
Boring, absolute letdown.

Offline monoeits

« Reply #485 on: October 20, 2008, 12:31:17 PM »

Ironomi
website / myspace

Ironomi is a duo of musicians from Tokyo. They create minimal, scarce soundscapes dominated by slow piano melodies, accompanied by a gentle guitar.

downloads:

Ironomi - Ironomi (1st album) (2007)

Hello.. now i finally register to this forum :P  I'am found a lot interesting music in here... thx to you guys!!  :muffin:

err.. why i can;t download this Ironomi album ?  :?

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #486 on: October 20, 2008, 11:16:11 PM »

Ironomi
website / myspace

Ironomi is a duo of musicians from Tokyo. They create minimal, scarce soundscapes dominated by slow piano melodies, accompanied by a gentle guitar.

downloads:

Ironomi - Ironomi (1st album) (2007)

Hello.. now i finally register to this forum :P  I'am found a lot interesting music in here... thx to you guys!!  :muffin:

err.. why i can;t download this Ironomi album ?  :?

the DL link is in our download section of the forum. you need 175 posts to acces this section.

welcome to JPH!P

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #487 on: October 20, 2008, 11:29:57 PM »
Boring, absolute letdown.

I thought it was pretty good. Sounds like mostly improv jam sessions though, and if you don't like free jazz you might not like this. Not their best release, just doesn't have that trippiness of some of their past works. But it still makes me jealous of all the people who are gonna be able to see them live.

And 070917 almost destroyed my ears :lol: I don't advise people to listen to that with loud volume. Or fix your levels to low treble or something.

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #488 on: October 21, 2008, 12:26:19 AM »
And 070917 almost destroyed my ears :lol:

That track was nice. The high pitched stuff is actually pretty tame by most ambient/onkyo standards.

I've only listened to it once but it seems as good as anything else they've ever done. Which of course means it's really, really good.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #489 on: October 21, 2008, 01:57:32 AM »
It was okay at first and then got really intense in the later parts and I had to lower the volume as I could feel my ears starting to ring and my head felt as if it were going to explode. But I guess I have to keep in mind I was listening to it with the high treble macbook speakers on full blast.

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #490 on: October 21, 2008, 02:05:47 AM »
Supposedly, high pitched noises actually help massage the hairs in your ear and can improve your hearing.

That may be bullshit though.

Offline mackey

• Member+
« Reply #491 on: October 21, 2008, 02:29:29 AM »
I was just checking out HearJapan over the weekend and looked at their new releases, this one caught my eyes (and ears).  http://www.myspace.com/cromagarage  A bit on the pop side, but pretty nice from the samples I heard.  Seems like they only have a few singles out so far.  Maybe I'll wait for a full album before I consider buying.   :yep:

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #492 on: October 21, 2008, 02:38:05 AM »
not their best, but still very good. Live in the Waterfall was quite awesome

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #493 on: October 21, 2008, 02:57:04 AM »
My expectation were way too high so I'm actually pretty disappointed. :lol: I wasn't expecting three fucking interludes when I saw the tracklist.

And for 1000 yen I at least expected them to have a credit page...

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #494 on: October 21, 2008, 04:00:31 AM »
Decent, I guess. Tt still had the nice improv and freeform stuff, but I didn't think it was great or anything. Not disappointing either, though. Just kinda in the middle. I wasn't expecting those interludes either. That was kind of a downer.

Offline Lotto

« Reply #495 on: October 21, 2008, 04:43:20 AM »
I am slightly dissappointed in the interludes like Ayabie said. Still, No Reason up to the Death is an awesome track, it reminds me a bit of Septemujima. I'd have to agree with iacus though, it's just as good as anything they've ever done. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it~  :D

Offline korei

« Reply #496 on: October 21, 2008, 06:50:15 AM »
And 070917 almost destroyed my ears :lol: I don't advise people to listen to that with loud volume. Or fix your levels to low treble or something.
Try Sachiko M, you're gonna like it :lol:

(this one is actually pretty soft, sine waves in her solo work are more powerful)

Offline iacus

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #497 on: October 21, 2008, 07:34:41 AM »
Sachiko M

You wouldn't happen to have anything by her would you? I really like filament and I.S.O. but I've never listened to any of her solo albums. (or any of her duet albums either.)

Offline korei

« Reply #498 on: October 21, 2008, 08:35:29 AM »
I should have her entire disco. I'll upload it later today or tomorrow though because it's not on my PC right now ;)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #499 on: October 21, 2008, 09:46:34 AM »
Try Sachiko M, you're gonna like it :lol:

(this one is actually pretty soft, sine waves in her solo work are more powerful)

That actually wasn't as intense as the natsumen track. :lol: 070917 has this very ambient buzz that makes my eardrums rumble a little past halfway through the track when they add all the sounds. The frequency of that Sachiko M track might be higher but the intensity of natsumen track was higher with a lot more ambient noise. But Youtube might be the reason. I did try 070917 out again and they cut it right before I was gonna go nuts.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kamiki Aya - Ashita no Tame ni