JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - My Heart Draws a Dream

Author Topic: The Obscure Band/Artist Thread  (Read 424803 times)

Offline ytreza

• Member+
Re: The Obscure Band/Artist Thread
« Reply #940 on: May 04, 2011, 08:05:22 AM »
Various Artists - 36.5°C (2011-01-19)

1. 無題(amazarashi)
2. 少年の掌(ハイスイノナサ)
3. orange juice(dry as dust)
4. きたない世界(秀吉)    Listen
5. shoegazer<t.d.b.b DEMO>(SuiseiNoboAz)
6. HE ISMINE(クリープハイプ)
7. バケツの中でも(踊ってばかりの国)
8. 黒猫のコーラ(0.8秒の衝撃。)
9. ベートーヴェンを聴きながら(THE UNIQUE STAR)
10. Stay tune(today is the day)
11. 白昼夢(caroline rocks)
12. Stranger(WHITE ASH)
13. Annie(カフカ)
14. バー(wooderd chiarie)
15. 夢遊病(Antelope)

http://www.mediafire.com/?320c969cq2792q3

Offline ytreza

• Member+
« Reply #941 on: May 09, 2011, 10:06:25 PM »
Usotsuki Barbie - ni ni ni ni (2011-04-06)

1. 魅惑のマジカルチョコレーツ
2. バビブベ以外人間
3. 音楽ずるり
4. イワとイイ関係
5. 新しい化学
6. ねこ子
7. ペテン師は空気男
8. ファンタ
9. ひざにペット

http://www.mediafire.com/?qvqj6z31sw6b2sq

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #942 on: May 16, 2011, 11:49:59 PM »

samey? kinda.. still urges a listen

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #943 on: May 29, 2011, 01:41:09 AM »

toddle
The Shimmer
Release Date : 2011.05.11
Tracklist:
1. shimmer
2. thorn
3. madrigal
4. melancholic blvd.
5. chase it
6. barley-break
7. arpeggio
8. cast away
9. wagtails
10. eraser
11. ghost
12. minimal

download: hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?rdy3pciap5ivu53

Offline grai

« Reply #944 on: June 06, 2011, 11:21:46 PM »
hey there. it's been a long time.
i've been wondering whether anybody has the latest album of Veni Vidi Vicious ? "9 stories" it's called. i've been looking everywhere but couldn't get ahold of it yet.

anyways, apart from them here's some more bands to check out, i believe most of them should have at least some of their songs on youtube and the like. anyway, here goes:

stan
psysalia psysalis psyche (same here, if anybody finds some stuff of theirs to download it would be more than appreciated if shared)

ledy joe

czecho no republic (apparantly they are put together by some of the band members of veni vidi vicious, which by the way have a split ep with the mirraz, and one dude of quattro or something)

Offline grai

« Reply #945 on: June 06, 2011, 11:36:22 PM »
ah yeah. and while i'm at it - just found this:

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #946 on: June 11, 2011, 03:20:50 PM »
FUCK YEAH, MY BODY IS READY

2nd album
『mudy in squall』
残響record ZNR-111
2,300yen (tax in)
2011.8.10 on Sale

01.PERSON! PERSON!!
02.ユアイヘ
03.BEA
04.秘密
05.Your entrails and laughter.
06.lookilus
07.Wes.
08.gellar / sun / flight
09.メッセージとは
10.this squall

http://sakuban.com/discography/

They played 3 new songs at naga-ame '11 today. Shit was so epic.

Offline WawanBlackStar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • BL★CK
« Reply #947 on: June 21, 2011, 09:36:46 AM »

I love the PV :)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #948 on: June 25, 2011, 03:03:51 AM »
YES. :w00t:

NATSUMENの5年振りとなるフルアルバム「Fracture」9/28に発売決定しました!AxSxEが設立したレーベル「Zommer」からの第1弾リリースです! natsumen.net

http://natsumen.net/

Offline wearefuckyou

« Reply #949 on: July 01, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »

Hey, does anybody have 緋と陽's (Hitohi) 1st Mini-Album "燃えて泣く鳴る"?
I remember somebody posting a video but not the album...
山本昌史 from Natsumen is playing in this band.

Offline Aion

• Japanese musiclover from the Netherlands
« Reply #950 on: July 02, 2011, 07:59:53 PM »
Time for another one :)

Best of Aionline.eu 2011.1
A personal best of indie music from January-June 2011

01. merpeoples – メトロポリス
Let’s start of with one of the bigger and upcoming bands of this compilation. merpeoples released their second mini-album this year, and are ready to get acknowledged all over the world. Later this year they are featured in the Next Music From Tokyo-tour in Canada. Though I liked their first mini somewhat more, this release might be more for the public as they used a more poppy approach on メトロポリス.

02. ザ・シャロウズ – フローラー
Garage rock seems to be growing hot in Japan. THE SHALLOWS started activities back in 2008 already, but it wasn’t untill early this year they released something besides some demos. They have a very typical punk-garage sound with a lot of distortion and broken vocals in it, and although it nowhere sounds unique, it’s catchy as fuck.

03. folk enough – mario
It’s not folk, it’s not disco, it’s not on a tape, but yet I can’t get enough. folk enough has a pretty cool unique alternative pop-style that isn’t coherent in any way. All songs on their album DISCO TAPE is different from the next one, but overall it sounds really addicting. Mario might not be my most favorite on the album (Bach is 10 minutes of awesomeness) but it is their most approachable one.

04. Little Go – Selfish Song
I do not actually have a CD by Little Go, but on a free sampler I got by ordering something from the Kore Records label, I discovered this addicting band. The quality of the song may be low, and the track itself may be short, it all just fits with the overall sound of this sweet little song.

5. THEラブ人間 – 砂男
My favorite discovery of 2010 and they keep on owning in 2011. They released a new single in early May, and even announced they got signed and are going major in August this year. Untill then I will keep playing their small discography over and over again.

06. Maria Hato – Troubled Mind
Sometimes you just know when a release is going to be awesome. This certainly goes for Maria Hato’s debut release. Maria Hato is a project, comparable with 王舟 (oh shu). It’s a session band featured around the talented singer/songwriter mmm. She is assisted by multiple artists of the CGCG-label (like oh shu). Troubled Mind shows of perfectly what the band is capable of, with catchy rhythms, slow paced sequences and a mesmerizing vocalist to top it off. I wouldn’t be surprised if THE LATTER HALF OF ALOHA turned out to be my personal best release of 2011 in six months.

07. Toru Matsumoto – On My Way To Hiroshima
To be honest, I never really cared that much for Psysalia Psysalis Psyche, but for some reason this solo-release by Toru Matsumoto (PPP’s vocalist) really caught me by surprised. A little bit of electronica, a little bit of folk, a little bit of pop, but most of all, one experimental compilation of three songs.

08. 洞 – 矢野
I already featured them before on a previous sampler, but this duo released something even more eargasming this year. 洞 (SHIBATA) just adjusted their sound a little bit more to the mellow sound but keeping it really great. I only wish the best for them and that they might just be as succesfull as the band is that I compare them with all the time (OGRE YOU ASSHOLE).

09. GELLERS – Guatemala
Ah, GELLERS is back. mostly known for their member Shugo Tokumaru this band shows again what their capable of with Guatemala. Four years after their debut, and after Shugo Tokumaru has visited about every country in the world the band is back with another catchy experimental song. Especially after watching the mind-blowing videoclip of this song, it really shows their weird view on the world.

10. sundelay – itzaes
<from: stray light [2011.01.19]
What once started of as a project of five individuals soon worked out in a real full-fledged band. Sundelay is an instrumental post-rock band with some electronical influences. Just close your eyes and let the music take you to an alternative world.

11. ナオミーポコ – ものまね茶会
One of my favorite releases of 2009 was by pezite, a relatively unknown jazz-pop band that is still around, but hasn’t released anything in over 2.5 years. The band is currently working on a new album (according to the guitarist of the band) but in the meantime the vocalist has released her debut-album in March. Naomi-poco, as she calls herself is a sweet pop-album that would get no attention as it nowhere really stands out, but I am just in love with her voice.

12. オトハネコモレビ – 冒険心
To stay in the sweet pop-section, I discovered otohanekomorebi in this year. Judging the pictures from this band, you would expect a high-pitched vocalist and sweet, sugarfull music. This however is completely different. Kiku has a more mature voice than she looks, and the sweet bassline featured with an good use of the piano makes this a better release than you would’ve suspected.

13. レコライド – サンデーサンディ
And now for something completely different here’s Recoride. A fairly new electro-band that released a first album last year. Just a month ago they released a digital only-single of which this is the first song. Again addictive with a sweet influence of electronic dance music.

14. KETTLES – つまんないから
Though it’s originally a digital album from 2010, it got a physical release just a few weeks, and thus I got it in my possession. KETTLES is a very experimental band with every song jumping all over the place. Especially when halfway throught the album your being treated with a hiphop-track, you know this is something else.

15. THE DECEMBER – 種
No, it’s only July, but I’m already looking forward to THE DECEMBER. I came across this band on accident, but fell in love with them immediatly. It may not be the most talented or unique band out there, but they have some kind of flair, mostly thanks to the typical voice of the vocalist, which makes me think of THE JUNEJULYAUGUST’s release earlier this year.

16. 8otto – Generation888
On to some more hard guitars. Generation888 was already distributed some time earlier by this band, but was very hard to obtain. Luckily the track was featured on their latest album. They are also one of the few bands that already have a pretty large share of fans outside of Japan, but they remain quite under the radar. Time to put them in a small spotlight on this compilation.

17. the DARARS – ベストオブ匿名
The same goes for the DARARS. In April they already released their third album, but somehow they just won’t get noticed by the larger audience. This release however is somewhat more approachable than their previous releases, and this track even features a metal breakdown. Just showing how versatile these awesome guys are.

18. 緋と陽 – 風がつよく吹いた翡
Awesome post-rock. These guys just don’t need more introduction. Just sit back, relax and let the music take you elsewhere.

19. 甲殻類 – 円
Koukakurui is kind of hard to really get intoo, especially on a first listen, but the more and more you listen to it, the more and more it reaches the satisfaction-point. Relaxing pop-rock with two sax-players, resulting in a sweet summerbreeze feeling most of the time.

20. Your Last Chicken – Out Of The Woods
Yes, they are Japanese, though you would not expect it to be with such fluent English. Really one of my personal discoveries of this year. Sweet, catchy folk-pop, and even this time I can sing along with it without problems and even know what I am singing.

http://aionline.eu/?p=1476

Offline Lotto

« Reply #951 on: July 03, 2011, 06:27:00 AM »
YES. :w00t:

NATSUMENの5年振りとなるフルアルバム「Fracture」9/28に発売決定しました!AxSxEが設立したレーベル「Zommer」からの第1弾リリースです! natsumen.net

http://natsumen.net/

OH GOD YES. I cannot wait for this! :D

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #952 on: July 04, 2011, 10:06:50 PM »
old and not really obscure.

KIMONOS in FACTORY (2011.03.06)

http://www.fileserve.com/file/BYEb4kM

Offline ncncncx

« Reply #953 on: July 05, 2011, 08:44:07 AM »
FUCK YEAH, MY BODY IS READY

2nd album
『mudy in squall』
残響record ZNR-111
2,300yen (tax in)
2011.8.10 on Sale

Are they called mudy in squall because they consist of members from muddy in the water or something?  :huhuh

Offline Deno

« Reply #954 on: July 06, 2011, 11:25:05 PM »

Perhaps somewhat Lite and Toe influenced?

Offline atskv9

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #955 on: July 08, 2011, 06:27:41 AM »
Time for another one :)

Best of Aionline.eu 2011.1
A personal best of indie music from January-June 2011

Thanks again for the work you put into this! I listened to your last compil. and I gotta say that this one had only a few tracks I didn't care for. I think my favs have gotta be from 8otto, レコライド, Maria Hato, and ザ・シャロウズ :)

Offline Aion

• Japanese musiclover from the Netherlands
« Reply #956 on: July 09, 2011, 12:15:04 AM »
I always try to be so diverse as I can be with the material I obtained in that period. I could've included some more bands, but this bunch was imo the best compilation of indie stuff I bought the last 6 months...

I already got some stuff for my next comp in January 2012 though :)

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #957 on: July 20, 2011, 09:36:32 AM »

lol

Offline MyHeartSpits

« Reply #958 on: July 21, 2011, 08:21:01 AM »
Hey all! Been exploring this thread the last few days and thought I'd contribute something. Odds are no one has heard of this band...

http://www.myspace.com/joshuacomeback

I've been a fan for a while - here's their latest album if anyone wants!

ヨシュアカムバック - 組曲「明日」

#01 カッパーフィールドの嘘
#02 明日を忘れた女
#03 悪いのは全部
#04 美味しい日々

http://www.mediafire.com/?vlfrinxywb14ki2

Also... a long shot, but does anyone know of AND have a band called Beryneck? I'm desperately looking for their album, Trio Ensemble. I actually have a corrupted version of it where all of my favorite songs are screwed to fuck ; ;

A taste: http://www.mediafire.com/?3ncz1m7tv9v55cq

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #959 on: July 23, 2011, 03:24:41 AM »

not usually my kind of vocals, but the playing is quite good. flashes of te' , mirror or pirokalpin

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - My Heart Draws a Dream