JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - All Hands Together

Author Topic: (Group) The AKB48 Thread  (Read 710179 times)

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) The AKB48 Thread
« Reply #2520 on: November 21, 2009, 09:49:58 PM »
^ Seeing members of Kara and 4Minute watching AKB48 perform is like... worlds colliding. XD

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #2521 on: November 22, 2009, 01:09:54 AM »
AKB48's dancing and singing is so...messy compared to the Kpop standard(needs moar butt-dance), but there's undeniable energy and charisma that makes them such great idols. 

Too bad SM boycotted, then we could have destroyed the universe by having Sayaka and Amber meet up.  :twisted: Oh snap I went there!

I also hope Acchan got to meet the DBSK boys. After the shit she went through with antis, she deserves to get to rub it in their faces more. (Oops, she praised Yunho, right? So not quite the specific guy was there...)

But wtf where did the award come from? It's not like, oh I don't know, they had auditions or a concert in Korea or anything...*whistles* There wasn't even a nominee list. Aki-P, thy connections must be great indeed.

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #2522 on: November 22, 2009, 01:48:02 AM »
erm akb48 were in japan so no meeting the koreans
It kinda states this clearly in the video having japan above the akb48 video and korea above the other one with the people watching them on a screen.

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2523 on: November 23, 2009, 08:40:19 AM »
The Kouhaku teams are out!
http://www9.nhk.or.jp/kouhaku/artists/index.html

Congrats, AKB! :twothumbs

Offline kahmshi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2524 on: November 23, 2009, 09:41:51 AM »
so yay!
akb in kouhaku is freakin' awesome,they're gonna kick ass =D

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2525 on: November 23, 2009, 10:06:33 AM »
Woohoo! I hope they get more time than last year and that they won't perform river  :nervous but anyway, glad to see them on the list again!

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #2526 on: November 23, 2009, 10:24:54 AM »
woooooooooooooooooo~
AKB...............48!!!! *doon*

They're pretty likely to be part of a medley I'm afraid barrie cuz that seems to be how kouhaku works...I want them to do something like hikoukigumo...or maybe a medley of RIVER, knkgsd an d hikoukigumo but they'll probably be put with other artists...:(
BUT we can't complain, wooooooooooooop

set made by me

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2527 on: November 26, 2009, 03:31:24 PM »
Here's a news clip about the success of AKB48:

DOWNLOAD

Whoa, their fans actually look pretty normal XD

Offline kahmshi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2528 on: November 26, 2009, 03:40:33 PM »
they have normal fans and THIS is AWESOME!
plus the part when they learn about kohaku is so touching :')

ps:even kaori mochida likes akb48? whao  XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2529 on: November 28, 2009, 09:27:18 AM »
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 05:35:40 PM by Masa »

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #2530 on: November 28, 2009, 06:25:41 PM »
I think the best were takamina and lovetan(how does she do it????)
followed by...yuko I think.

set made by me

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2531 on: December 02, 2009, 02:56:50 PM »
Info by Jasey:

8th Generation Remaining: Imai Yurie, Ueki Asaka, Sano Yuriko
8th Generation Rejected: Asai Madoka, Ishii Ayaka, Ishibe Aya, Kaku Grace, Komizu Nanami, Sakamoto Rio, Tomite Ami, Miki Nicole, Muranaka Satomi, Sugiyama Miku

9th Generation: Ishiguro Atsuki, Ito Ayaka, Oba Mina, Kinumoto Momoko, Shimazaki Haruka, Shimada Haruka, Takamatsu Eri, Takeuchi Miyu, Nakamura Mariko, Nagao Mariya, Fujimoto Sara, Mori Anna, Yamauchi Suzuran and Yokoyama Yui.

-------------

1. !!! OMG almost an entire generation gone! All their threads will remain empty forever!
2. Yurihamu survived! YES!
3. The new ones look really plain, based on their pics... but then again, we know that profile pics aren't the most flattering.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2532 on: December 02, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »
I didn't really know most of them very well at all, but dayum that's a lot of rejected girls. I guess it can't be too terribly surprising as AKB48's teams are quite packed right now. I'm glad to see Yuriko is still in. She has a nice look to her.

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2533 on: December 02, 2009, 07:50:43 PM »
Casting finally means also graduations. - So away with the castings!

Offline ichijoujirena

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2534 on: December 02, 2009, 11:29:35 PM »
 :smhid Poor Muranaka Satomi, she was a RS for a long time, only to get kicked out, join again and get kicked out again. She doesn't really fit the idol look, but, damn, gotta give her credit for trying so hard.  :heart:

I am glad that Yurie made it, though! It will also be interesting to see Sara back in action.

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #2535 on: December 08, 2009, 08:10:04 AM »
You guys have probably read this, but I thought it was pretty interesting nonetheless.

But the irony of idols’ appeal that fans invest time and money into getting to know them, yet what they want to get to know is the persona, not the person.

Sad, but true.

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #2536 on: December 08, 2009, 04:44:43 PM »
^ I don't agree, but... It's probably me only.

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2537 on: December 08, 2009, 05:51:36 PM »
Hmm... yeah, that's an interesting one. For some of the girls it's probably true. They put an mask or an act and may be completely different IRL. However, I'm convinced that it's not true for some of the other girls. Sure, you'll never get to know them up close and stuff, but in some cases the persona and the real personality may not differ very much at all.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #2538 on: December 08, 2009, 06:07:19 PM »
You guys have probably read this, but I thought it was pretty interesting nonetheless.
It was a good read. Definitely raised some good points from a outside point of view. Nice find mal!

But the irony of idols’ appeal that fans invest time and money into getting to know them, yet what they want to get to know is the persona, not the person.

Sad, but true.
^ I don't agree, but... It's probably me only.
I don't agree either; I'd love to get to know the girls as themselves rather than as a part of AKB (Though the idea of doing both isn't exactly bad either :P). However I can understand where the statement is coming from; there are people who can't seem to see past the on-stage characters and when they're forced to, they can't deal with it. I'll refrain from going too in-depth with this though.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2539 on: December 08, 2009, 07:42:14 PM »
I could write a whole thesis on the concept and execution of idols. I have a lot of opinions and thoughts on every aspect of it.

The article makes a valid point in that idols are indeed a manufactured product. I have heard over and over again from press who go to anime conventions and such that have to interview Japanese idols talent often say it is such a teeth-pulling experience because they are coached to have absolutely ZERO opinion on anything. Have you ever noticed how rarely AKB48's MC's talk about anything beyond the weather, their backstage antics, or something between the members? When I was at Anime Expo to see Morning Musume, someone from Hello! Online asked a fairly interesting, but red-flagged question. "What do you like most and least about being an entertainer?" The handler/translator didn't even ask the "least" part of the question. They are not supposed to talk about what sucks. They aren't supposed to be rude or short. They're idols, they're suppose to be fun and bubbly and cute and appealing because that's what the whole act is about. Yes, it is an act to at least some degree. As Barrie said, I am sure that many are fairly close to what they are like in real life on stage. It takes a lot of skill to pull off an entirely fake persona every single time a camera turns on.

I don't mean to doodie on anyone's parade, but I think the people here are cool/connected with reality enough to realize this, but AKB48 is a corporate entity trying to sell products. Obviously we're all here because we enjoy the product. That's all there is to it as far as I'm concerned. I am almost positive that every single AKB48 member is probably a generally good person, mild-mannered, and boringly normal in real life. :lol: I obviously have more to say but that's all that is relevant to the article mentioned. It is a good read and I think it puts a very realistic face on what idols are. Personally, I find the image very entertaining. It's fun to watch these girls on their TV shows eating spicy foods, getting pie-faced, or whatever silly antics they come up with. It's a fun distraction from reality, and in my opinion that's all the idol stuff should be: a fun hobby.

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - All Hands Together