JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: RIO - Say you love me

Author Topic: Battle Star Galactica  (Read 53152 times)

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Battle Star Galactica
« Reply #140 on: February 19, 2009, 02:50:53 AM »
^
All good things must come to an end, Wef.

I'm still hoping that Starbuck will get explained before it all ends.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Tyler_Wood_2005

• N.L.N.L (Nono Lover No Longer)
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #141 on: February 19, 2009, 09:03:19 PM »
Last episode was GREAT!, I'm curious as to how the crew of BSG is going to react to Boomer coming back *if she stays*. Mainly Chief Tyrol and Commander Adama :w00t: :w00t: . Will Tyrol and Boomer get back together?, I'm hoping for a long, tearful, happy reunion...*probably not*

Will Adama forgve and forget, throw her into the prison cell, or kill her outright because she shot him?? :wth :wth, just 1 more day and all will be found out. :w00t:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2009, 08:31:03 PM »
hmm, without doubt my least favourite episode of the series so far. Not to say that it was bad, it wasn't, but I realise Adama is concerned over Galactica already, I don't need 3 seperate scenes of him staring at the same piece of metal to figure it out. With 4 more episodes to go I really want the outstanding or the big questions to be wrapping up. Starbuck's origins, Daniel and for characters as pivotal to the series as Baltar/Head Six, Six/Head Baltar, Helo, Athena, Hera: they've been given short shrift when it comes to airtime. I gotta have faith in the writers, they've not let me down so far, and who knows, this could be the calm before the storm.

Offline e_lo05

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2009, 11:41:36 PM »
i agree.  i didn't really like the episode either.  if it was a regular midseason episode, i wouldn't mind it or think it's bad, but we have like 4 episodes left in the series so i'm expecting them to go out with a bang all the way through.  the gaeta mutiny episodes built up the intensity and stories a lot and these past couple episodes have been a little lacking.  i'm not saying that they need to be more action packed, but we do need more explanation about the other important characters.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2009, 11:58:57 PM »
Better episode than last week. See the fan reaction is largely negative deriding it for the lack of action. But then, this ain't your daddy's BSG. What's wrong with some character driven episodes if done well? (and they're done really well here, Grace Park was great). I guess we've now seen Daniel, Starbuck's origins are becoming slightly clearer, and guess we could take a guess at Cavil's plan. Get Boomer on the ship, use her relationship with the Chief to kidnap Hera and take her back. I would presume Cavil will now demand the final 5 to be handed over to him in exchange for Hera. Problem is with the BSG ship in the way it is, they can't go to Cavil, Cavil has to go to them...

Grace Park, what a hottie :drool:

Offline e_lo05

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2009, 03:24:38 AM »
yup i really liked this episode.  it started out kinda slow but it really picked up.  i felt really bad for athena and helo.  only 3 more episodes!!!!

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: March 07, 2009, 03:42:15 PM »
Man, I completely forgot about BSG last night.  :doh:

So, I'll just dl the HD ep today. :D
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »
Its bye bye BSG shortly (litterally)  :depressed:

Offline e_lo05

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2009, 01:03:39 AM »
i know...it's kinda sad, but cool.  i want to know how it ends already, but i don't want a good thing to end.  this past episode was pretty weak though.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #149 on: March 12, 2009, 09:13:16 PM »
3 hrs left :(

Good episode this week. Anyone else think that... they'll send off the Battlestar by loading it with nukes straight into Cavil's convoy?

And as it's approaching the end, any guesses on what the final line of the series will be? The obvious one would be "So say we all", but I think it would be funny if it was "Frak!" :D

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2009, 04:03:39 AM »
Nice ep tonight, and then the 2 hour series finale next week, with all the answers revealed.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2009, 09:32:24 AM »
^ Ah I knew I read somewhere '2 hours'.
This weeks ep is on the mediaplayer, ready for watching on the train in about an hour.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #152 on: March 21, 2009, 04:26:42 AM »
That was a very good finale, IMHO.
I also loved how the original BSG theme was worked into the finale.

Even though this series is now done, thats not really it for BSG.
There's Caprica, and a new one coming this fall called BSG: The Plan, telling the story from the Cylons pov.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2009, 08:36:12 PM »
Well if someone who haven't seen the last episodes is reading this thread for some reason, I had to say that there is some major spoilers in my post.

Sadly, the finale wasn't worth for the series.

First, why did they have the worst two episodes just before the finale? Thay should've built tension, not boredom!

The finale itself was kinda dull. They had this opera house vision thing and it was only getting Hera back to Galactica?! That's all?! I got an idea that the vision was about a race for finding Hera...  Three paths, destinies, something EPIC! Well, I can't imagine any different result, whoever from the three would've found her.

Okay, so that wasn't epic at all. How about the other mystery? How did Starbuck manage to come from the dead? Well... The answer they came up with was "Starbuck came back from the dead." Come on!

So, in the end, the final answer, the secret to be revealed, the truth was just "God did it." :(

coot is ctz

Offline e_lo05

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2009, 03:44:10 AM »
^ ok...so the plot endings weren't amazing, but the characters at the end were GREAT.  that's the best part of bsg anyway...it's all about the people in the story and i think it delivered.  if you look at the last three episodes and watch them for the characters, i think you'd be more satisfied.  i was initially upset with last three episodes but as i thought about them, i realized that they were a good close for the people in the world of bsg.  yea, maybe a crazy twist and reveal would've been nice, but honestly would it have been that much better to find out starbuck was a clone or another cylon no one knew about?  i think i'd like seeing the flashbacks into the characters lives (shout out to Lost!!!) more than if we were to see starbuck find out she was a cylon. 

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #155 on: March 25, 2009, 09:46:14 PM »
Perfect finale. Absolutely fantastic. I loved the ending, they named our planet Earth,helped civilisation grow and now we could be on the precipice of making the same mistakes again...or maybe not...

You know I do feel short-changed when shows or movies don't resolve certain plot threads neatly with a pretty bow on top, but regarding Kara's origins, I don't feel that way. Was she a higher power by an almighty third-party in the same vein as Head Six/Head Baltar? Certainly seems to be no Cylon. And yet, in the long term, such ambiguities will work in favour of Battlestar Galactica and enhance its legacy, in a similar vein to the Replicant related debates with Blade Runner.

The peace settlement between the fleet and Cavil's forces was stunning and it was good to see Tory getting justice. Though when the Cylons started pulling guns on each other, I thought a lot of people were gonna die right there and then.

The flashbacks actually worked out well in the end. They were an indication to show than most characters were pretty frakked up even before the attack on Caprica. Adama lost his job, Lee was a mess, Roslin lost her family, Kara was going to lose Zack pretty soon so her world would topple down. If anything, the characters grew stronger as a result. Adama was commander of the fleet, Lee became President, Kara discovered her purpose in life, and Roslin helped them get to Earth (though the cancer was a negative side effect).

No TV series can be perfect, but BSG had such huge scope, vision and production all round, I really find it hard to fault. There's thankfully more BSG goodness to come, maybe with more answers, but right now I already miss the show. Here's hoping it inspires shows with the same depth.

On another note, did anyone see The Last Frakkin Special? Good documentary, the major actors share some funny stories and talk about what Galactica means to them. My highlights:

- How hot was Grace Park? Yowza. The smile she gives when describing what's to come? :drool: :drool: :drool:
- Hotdog's actor, in real life, is Edward James Olmo's son?! :o Never knew that, what a cool dad he would be thinking of it! :lol:
- Rekha Sharma (Tory) talking about her father seeing her sex scene :lol:
- Lucy Lawless just being her usual hilarious self

Offline darkmars

• ecchi
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2012, 01:41:13 AM »
lol just looking through the entertainment section of this forum and keep finding post about shows i like, its been a while since i watched any BSG, really loved the show. i also liked the style of it.

number six was an awesome character, i think i might find out my box sets and rewatch them when i have time.

after reading some of the other comments i think that the best season was the first, the others had good episodes but i really like the first season, alot happened in the short amount of episodes and it was all important

Offline atika

« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2012, 01:41:04 AM »
I really like Gaius Balthar throughout the show but he was really amazing in the last two seasons (or was it only the last season) with his religious harem.

Offline kmoo

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2012, 09:00:54 AM »
I disliked the heavily religious episodes and mostly fast forwarded through them :P IMO some episodes needed to be better balanced with the political and social issues but overall BSG developed quite nicely. best sci fi series ever.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2012, 08:56:02 PM »
I love the classic show and so I really wanted to like this new version... but it never happened.
The only reason I managed to sit through all seasons was Grace Park and the hope maybe the next episode is the one turning it around for me. There were some good episodes but overall this show was disappointing for me.

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: RIO - Say you love me