JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Romans - Sexy Night ~Wasurenai Kare~

Author Topic: Runaway from the Past  (Read 317253 times)

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
Re: Runaway from the Past
« Reply #140 on: May 31, 2008, 05:27:45 PM »
an update  :w00t: ...*goes to read* hmmm very intriguing

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #141 on: May 31, 2008, 05:35:55 PM »
^good to see you online...

update...

Rika waited patiently for Hitomi on the couch but she could not forget her best friend’s warning. … If you’re going to fall for that one, be careful…

Rika was still lost in thought when she heard the sound of keys outside the door, she sprang up and ran to the door to greet Hitomi. Hitomi was in a bad mood. She didn’t even notice Rika excited to greet her. Although Rika wanted to see Hitomi from all angles, perspectives, moods and emotions, Hitomi in a bad mood was something Rika didn’t want to see again.

While Hitomi was taking off her shoes by the door, Rika walked back to the living room and got her sketchpad. Should I still use this? If I speak now, how would it change our relationship? It’s easier for both of us to stay like this. Sorry, Hicchan. She then made a new sign just for today. Just for Hitomi. I’m sorry, Hicchan.

As Hitomi walked into the living room, Rika held out the sign she just made with a big smile on her face hoping it could change Hitomi’s mood although she wasn’t confident that it was the appropriate greeting. “Welcome home, Hicchan! I missed you.”

Hitomi almost instantly forgot her encounter with her father downstairs at Rika’s sweet welcome. Hicchan… Hitomi gave out a small chuckle. She really does remind me of Mama… She wanted to follow Mai’s advice then and there but her inexpressiveness got the better of her.

She smiled as she took the sign from Rika’s hands. “I’m glad to be home. I missed you, too Rika-chan…”

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #142 on: May 31, 2008, 05:56:44 PM »
We're more than happy to see you online

I knew it, Rika won't use her voice... the question is, until when   O0

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #143 on: May 31, 2008, 06:07:02 PM »
last update for today. tomorrow will be another long day for Hitomi and Rika!!! thanks to all readers!!!

continue commenting... They're really good for brainstorming!!!

In her room, Hitomi tossed and turned on her bed. She can’t sleep. For some reason, she can’t get Rika off her mind. Hitomi got up and walked out. The house was quiet. Rika was sleeping soundly.

Hitomi proceeded to a room she hasn’t shown Rika yet. She hasn’t used the room for two years.  She stepped into the music room and found everything the way she left them the last time she used the room. She approached the baby grand in the middle of the room. Opening it and pressing down on some keys revealed that it was in perfect pitch. Thank Mai for that. Turning away from the piano, she looked at the instrument of her preference. Her violin. She’s had it since forever. She hoped her violin was still okay.Seeing it now brings back a lot of memories from her very distant past..

“You’re just jealous that she’s playing a grown-up’s violin!”

Hitomi stopped thinking about it and just began tuning her violin. It’s still in great shape.

She stood right beside the piano and just started playing Canon in D by Pachelbel. After years of playing this particular piece, Hitomi has memorized it. Whenever she was lonely or just sad, she played it and then she wouldn’t feel so lonely anymore. But tonight, she didn’t play the piece because she was lonely—Rika already took care of that loneliness. Hitomi was just being nostalgic.

The Eyes should have found her by now… Why can’t they find her? … Chimu… We made a promise, remember?

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #144 on: May 31, 2008, 06:21:20 PM »
chimu...

Have a great night

And I'd like you to know that you're now one of my fav fan fic writers, next to Kata my number one as always, I know it's not important but yeah, goodnight tru_harmony  :)

Offline sweeety

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #145 on: May 31, 2008, 07:06:41 PM »
and Im glad to be reading an update! Aww sweet! She is protecting her. Though I am curious about Miki and Yoshi I'd rather read more about what will happen next. It's just an interesting point and I hope the eyes come in soon. Lol, make the fourth gen can be the eyes, cause Makoto knows like everything....or maybe Nakazawa who actually knows everything and has the powah!!~

GJ, keep it up, I can't wait for Morning update XD mwah g'night!

edit, lol, you beat me to it again! Ok, reading the last chapter for tonight and...

chimu? hmm, interesting,  I will think on that. I hope I understand soon. Loved it. It was sweet and sort of angstsy. I hope Rika walks in and they have an intimate moment and Yoshi shares some of her past and Rika starts talking to her. awww that would be sooo sweet! <3 <3

have a nice night!!~ Don't let the bed bugs biite!
I have a porcupine called zazoom, he leaves his scent on peoples' graves.

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: May 31, 2008, 07:46:43 PM »
I want Rika to speak to Yossui!
lol I love your story

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2008, 12:02:27 AM »
Hitomi and Rika have just finished enjoying breakfast when the phone rang.

“Moshi, moshi…”

“Mm… Ayaka… what’s up?”

“Well, I got the feeling that you and Rika were having such a good time together that you might forget to come to the office today... so I’m just reminding you… go to work…”

“… Really, now…”

“I’m pretty sure she woke up ahead of you again and cooked you up some delicious breakfast like a responsible wife.”

“Yes, she did. Now what’s your point… if you had any?”

Ayaka’s tone changed. “We have some very important matters to talk about regarding Rika… We need to talk to you at the office.” Ayaka hung up. Hitomi was puzzled by Ayaka’s serious tone in conversing with her but she had important matters at hand at home too… at the sink.

Rika was washing the dishes when Hitomi snuck up behind her. Hitomi wrapped an arm around Rika’s waist. Rika froze. She almost dropped the teacup she was washing. Good thing Hitomi caught it with her free hand.

“Rika-chan… thanks for waking up early again this morning… and for another wonderful breakfast.” She held Rika closer as she planted a kiss behind Rika’s ear.

“I’ll see you later, Rika-chan… I’ll come home early… I promise.”

Offline heyyouhiya

• Yossisexual
  • Member+
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2008, 12:12:08 AM »
Rika was washing the dishes when Hitomi snuck up behind her. Hitomi wrapped an arm around Rika’s waist. Rika froze. She almost dropped the teacup she was washing. Good thing Hitomi caught it with her free hand.

“Rika-chan… thanks for waking up early again this morning… and for another wonderful breakfast.” She held Rika closer as she planted a kiss behind Rika’s ear.

Sooooo CUTE
Yossui is such a sweety

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #149 on: June 01, 2008, 01:26:50 AM »

it's getting hot  :drool:  okay maybe it's just me :grin:

Offline wings4dreams

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2008, 02:08:24 AM »
the scenes between Rika and Hitomi are so sweet  :mon lovelaff: *fangirl squeal* 

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2008, 02:45:05 AM »
Why is Rika-chan meeting up with Yoshizawa-san? Is Ishikawa CorPrint (Corporate Printers)  making a comeback?
Oh great...Rika's ordeal was probably business-related, wasn't it?

[bgcolor=#000000]Conspiracy theorist in me wants to say that it was actually Yossi's dad that organized it in order to force Ishikawa CorPrint to agreeing to some type of hostile takeover/buyout that Yossi did not know about. <_<[/bgcolor]

“Oh my… She is kawaii indeed… Ayaka wasn’t lying… Yoshiko, you are so lucky to have a super kawaii girlf— ITAI!“ Hitomi stepped on her toe. “— girl… staying with you at home. She must have been filling your flat with pure kawaiiness …”
Yossi must have been talking about Rika quite a bit at the office. :lol:

“Okay, President Yoshizawa Yoshiko… I promise I won’t exhaust her…” Mai teased Hitomi.
:twisted:

“Come along now, Rika-chan… … … You’re so kawaii…” Mai walked ahead and Rika followed her to the office.
Mai = :wriggly:
Rika = :shy1:

Rika barely read the titles until a thick one with a red stamp at the corner got her attention. The folder had “Ishikawa CorPrint – Yoshizawa PubCom Merger Ad written in bold letters in front. CorPrint was a known name to her because her family owned it until it fell into bankruptcy in 2002.
I KNEW IT!!!  :shocked:

Ayumi just nodded along, confused. The company president just called my best friend ‘Rika-chan  in the office… PERFECT MATCH!?!?!
Shiba-chan = :dizzy:

Ayumi faced Ayaka, “… In our senior year, Rika’s father committed suicide because their business crashed into bankruptcy… After our graduation, she just disappeared. That was around five years ago. She didn’t even tell me where she went. I was really worried about her and tried to find her in Japan even while I was studying in the university. After asking around, I heard that her stepmother might have taken her to the Philippines. That’s why I decided to work for the company when the main office was moved here. I figured that I could find her. I planned to resign and go back to Japan because I thought she wasn’t here. I’ve spent three years in this country looking for her.”
Time to investigate what step-mom's been up to.

Ayumi was silent. She felt strange seeing Rika like that, not speaking and being all buddy-buddy and sweet with three of the most important young people in the world economy. Kawaii!? They’ve said that about Rika for the nth time!  She just gazed at Rika who didn’t seem to notice.
Shiba-chan jealous? :P

Hitomi noticed her gazing at Rika “Ayumi, if you want to spend time with Rika tonight, you can sleep over at our place”

Rika was surprised. Our place?

Ayumi was surprised at the offer and was pleased that it was made but she declined “I’m sorry but I can’t tonight, I have to do something at home tonight” she lied.

“Aww, don’t you want to have a heart to heart talk with Rika?” Ayaka said, quite disappointed.
Well, having Yossi there would make things a bit awkward.  :sweatdrop:

Ayaka unlocked the doors her car “Yoshiko, don’t forget. Tomorrow is a Sunday. The office is closed. Okay?” Ayaka reminded Hitomi who sometimes forgets that Sunday is the company rest day. “Only Mai has work on Sundays.” Ayaka added poking at Mai.

“Don’t remind me…” Mai said, annoyed.
Ouch.   :-X

Her Auntie was her best bud here for the first four years. But in the fifth… …Why did she change? Didn’t she hear me scream? Didn’t she hear me say no? Didn’t she see what he did to me? What he did to me…

Rika closed her eyes tighter hoping to block the images of a man he once trusted. She remembered it all. The smell of alcohol and smoke in the room . She sat up not wanting to feel his weight on her again and that strong punch he gave her at the stomach that left her unconscious. She tried to block her ears with her hands. She didn’t want to hear Auntie Mayumi’s voice. Puta ka talaga! Napakalandi mo! Pati Tito Dan mo, pinatos mo! Dapat pagkakitaan mo na lang ‘yang kalandian mo imbes na mang-agaw ka! (You are such a whore. You’re such a flirt! You even seduced your Uncle Dan! Why don’t you try earning a living with your flirtatiousness instead of stealing someone else’s man?)

Rika wept silently. She didn’t want to wake Hitomi with her sobs. I didn’t seduce him! I was sleeping! Didn’t you see? She bit a finger to keep herself from screamin
Oh FUCK! :OMG:

Hitomi woke up to a strange smell. Is that… garlic? She walked to the dining table where Rika was sitting, waiting for her.

Rika took out the sketchbook “Good morning”

“Good morning, Rika… What did you cook for breakfast?”

“Tapsilog”
It's good stuff, it is.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...tapsilog.  :stuffed:

*RIKA'S STORY*
:cry:

“Yoshiko. It’s Mai”

“What’s up?”

“I’m here at the office. Your father just called.”

“What did he say?”

“He called to tell me that he and Matsuura-san are about to board the plane to here.”

“Nani?! Isn’t he in Hong Kong?”

“Yes. It seems he already met up with Matsuura-san in Hong Kong.”

“When did he call?”

“Just before I called you. The plane will arrive in about one and a half hour…
Oh boy...:O

and I think I might have found something of interest to you… I’ll tell you later…”
Something about Rika?

“… Okay… Bring your van. Meet me here. I’ll call Ayaka. Bye.” Hitomi hung up and dialed Ayaka’s number.

“Moshi moshi…”

“Ayaka, it’s me. Make reservations at the Peninsula Hotel for Matsuura Aya. Ask for the best suite, a double room and a conference room. Also make reservations for a single room at the Bayview Hotel. Bring your car and meet us at the airport.”

What on earth is he thinking?
Wait, the "Matsuura-san" here is AYA??? :o

And what's the deal with the second hotel room? Who's going to be staying there? :?

Rika hasn’t seen this side of Hitomi yet. She seemed so uptight. So tense. So anxious. So nervous.
This undoubtedly must be a really big, really important business deal.

Luckily, it’s a Sunday. Driving in EdSA was a breeze. Mai’s Toyota Grandia sped through the highway.
In case anyone didn't know what EDSA was or what a Gradia looked like.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edsa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Grandia

“Ayaka, we’re at the airport. Where are you?”

“I’m right behind you. Literally.”

Hitomi looked back to see Ayaka waving at her from her Toyota Camry. She waved back.
Yeah, Toyota's are pretty popular back home.  :grin:

“Anyway. Have you made the reservations?”

“Yes.”

“You know what to do.”

“Don’t worry, Yoshiko, I’ll take care of him”
By "him"...I take it Yossi's referring to her father?

The two vehicles drove to the arrivals area of NAIA (formerly Manila International Airport or MIA). Hitomi immediately saw the familiar faces of her father, Fujimoto Miki and Matsuura Aya standing right beside him.
Ah, so THAT's why she had a double-room booked. Miki-sama's there too.  O0

Fujimoto and Matsuura boarded the van. Hitomi followed them quickly, closing and locking the door. The van quickly drove off to the Pen. When Ayaka drove off in the same direction, Yoshizawa Jin felt relieved. But the feeling of relief was shattered when Ayaka pulled over at the Bayview Hotel at Roxas Boulevard as the van drove past them.

“Sumimasen, Yoshizawa-san… this is as far as you can go… I have made reservations for you.”
Hopefully Miki and Aya won't find it too strange that Yossi's dad isn't joining them.

“It is a pleasure to meet all of you. But Yossui, formalities like these are not necessary.” Smiles suddenly cracked from Hitomi and Aya’s faces.

“Well, Ayaya, you know me. I’m all for formality.”

“But to re-introduce me to Mai-chan and Ayaka-chan? That’s too much.”

“You did get to meet fresh faces, ne?”
Ah, so they already know each other? Wonder if Yossi's dad was aware of that?

“Yeah… but I didn’t know you were the type to get a personal assistant.”

“… Well… I needed company at home.”
:shy2:

“… Well… I needed company at home.”

“Well, if you put it that way, you could call Mikitty my personal assistant too.” 
Yossi should have made that reservation for a "double-bed", instead of a "double room".  :pimp:

Laughter broke out from Ayaya, Ayaka and Mai.

“Hey, I didn’t mean it like that!” Hitomi went on defensive mode. Rika caught Aya’s drift and blushed after recalling how Aya and Miki held hands in the van.
Awwwwwwwww...Rika noticed.  :oops:

“Kabutomushi, You are still a sneaky devil…” Miki butted in.

“Well, well, well… Look who’s talking!” Hitomi talked back. “I suddenly remembered a certain somebody called Kuwagata who studied engineering even though she didn’t like engineering just to work for a certain somebody who happens to own a motors company named Matsuura Motors!”
She did??? :rofl:

That must have made Aya happy, or at least flattered.  :heart:

“Anyway, I chose to come here unannounced so that my father couldn’t bug me, in more ways than one. He’s the one thing that kept me from signing into the merger. You know I’ve always wanted to do business with you.”

“I know. But won’t you get into trouble with your father because of this? I heard he hates my guts.”
Somehow I get the feeling that it's PubCom that he's got issues with, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if a lot of that had to do with stuff that Yossi's dad (and not Yossi herself) did.

“He can’t do anything about it now. It’s not my fault too. I didn’t elect me to be president.”
Score one for Ayaya. :rockon:

Does my father know about the two of you being… together?”

“I don’t know… Well, he did try mentioning you to Mikitty a couple of times right in front of me. If you know what I mean.”

“Good thing you got Kuwagata’s full attention…” Hitomi smiled.
So dad knows about Yossi "playing for the other team?" And he tried to set her up with Miki? XD

Miki rolled her eyes at the two who were indiscreetly talking about her “… Anyway, can we go ahead to our hotel room? I’m tired.”

“Oh, sure… I sense that you two would go to bed right away.” Hitomi teased Ayaya who blushed.

“Shut up, Yoshizawa!” Miki shouted at Hitomi
Miki =  :mon exhaust:
Yossi =  :mon misch:
Aya =  :gmon sweet:
Miki =  :scolding:

Yossi said EXACTLY what I was thinking too. :on lol:

“Ayaka, can you drive Ayumi and Rika home? Mai and I have something else to discuss.”

“I brought my car with me…” Ayumi suddenly said. “… um… can I drive Rika–chan home?”
“Okay, Ayumi, Please drive safely,” Hitomi then turned to Rika “Here is your key to the flat” handing her a key.
Now Shiba-chan and Rika can have that talk. :yep:

Not paying attention to Ayaka, she bade the best friends goodbye “Take care, both of you.” The two nodded and left the room.

“Well, since you two need some privacy—“

“Ayaka, stay. I need to talk to both you and Mai.”

Mai laughed out loud. “Ayaka… is this what I think it is?”

“I don’t know Mai… Yoshiko sure is acting strange talking in gibberish like that.” Ayaka rolled her eyes at Hitomi.

“All right, all right! I might be falling for her.” Hitomi said sounding defeated.
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE~!  :tama-laff:

Mai said “My, my… Yoshiko…  I’ve never heard you say that before…”

Hitomi just looked down. “Yeah… I know…I’m scared”

Ayaka took Hitomi’s hand “Yoshiko, sit down…”

Hitomi sat down beside Ayaka.

“Are you sure about what you feel about her?”

“Yoshiko… you found her with bruises and her clothes torn with a violent man...” Ayaka hinted at a memory only the three of them knew.
Uh-oh.  :gmon blonde:

Hitomi caught on fast. “No… it’s not that… … … I have to admit she does remind me of Mama sometimes but seeing how hard she tries to keep on smiling just so we wouldn’t worry about her also reminds me that she isn’t Mama… Rika didn’t give up…” Mama did…
:hip aww:

“Yoshiko… give yourselves more time.” Ayaka advised her friend

Mai shook her head “No… I think you should tell her how you feel right away.”
Differing opinions. Why am I not surprised?  :banghead:

“but Yoshiko… just be sure that you don’t go playing around like before… Rika is also our friend… I wouldn’t want to see her go through what you did to Miki… even if that one wasn’t for real… ”

Hitomi went defensive “… You guys know I just did that because Miki and I needed a pretext to “break up”… … ”
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH???
:mon scare:

Does Aya know about this?

“Oh!” Mai exclaimed after she suddenly remembered the interesting artifact she found in her office “… speaking of Rika… I found this in my office,” handing Hitomi the folder Rika dropped on the floor the other day.

Hitomi read the title “Ishikawa CorPrint – Yoshizawa PubCom Merger Ad…?”
Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!

“… Yoshiko… Ayumi told us that Rika’s father committed suicide in 2003 when their business crashed… ” Ayaka took the folder from Hitomi’s hands.

“… To-san never mentioned this merger to me when he handed me the company… … … … never… … … keep that folder for tonight. Bring it to the office on tomorrow.”

“Will you mention this to Rika?”

“… I seriously don’t know… I wish I won’t have to…”
So Yossi didn't know about this then? Looks like she's going to have to spend a lot of time cleaning up the messes her dad has made.

In the car, Ayumi looked at Rika who was watching the other cars drive by “You wanna hang out at my place before going home?”

Rika took out her sketchbook. “Yes, it’s been a long while since we last talked. I really missed you.” She  showed Ayumi the message while the traffic light was red. Just to be safe
You know that a car in The Philippines is being driven by someone who's NOT a Filipino if they're actually STOPPED at a red traffic light.

*RIKA'S MOVING STORY*
Hmmmmmmmmmmm...interesting.

Ayumi took a serious tone “…but Charmy, if you’re going to fall for that one, be careful… ”

“Nani?!~”
Hey, when you're best friends with someone, they learn to read you like a book.  :cow:

Wait a sec...did Rika just speak??? 
:hip blink:

While walking from the parking lot to the elevator, Hitomi thought of the folder Mai showed her. Why didn’t To-san mention that to me? Ishikawa CorPrint…Rika’s father committed suicide… … She was in the Philippines five years ago…  Hitomi’s trail of thought was broken when she bumped into somebody.

“I’m sorr-- ” She realized that somebody was in fact her most hated nobody—her father.

“Hicchan, I’ve been waiting for you… I asked the receptionist where your flat was but she wouldn’t tell me. So I decided to wait for you here.” Again, attempting to warm up to his daughter.
If he's done some of the things that we're thinking he's done...he'll be lucky Yossi doesn't knock him flat on his ass.  :angry:

“Well, I also did notice that pretty girl seated in Satoda’s van a while ago. Who is she? Is she your friend? Does she work for the company?”

Hitomi was shocked that his old man noticed Rika. He really has sharp eyes. “She’s nobody you know… and she’s none of your business”
It'll be interesting to see how he reacts when he finds out who Rika is (because you know that someone in his position, sooner or later he'll find out).

Hitomi proceeded to a room she hasn’t shown Rika yet. She hasn’t used the room for two years.  She stepped into the music room and found everything the way she left them the last time she used the room. She approached the baby grand in the middle of the room. Opening it and pressing down on some keys revealed that it was in perfect pitch. Thank Mai for that. Turning away from the piano, she looked at the instrument of her preference. Her violin. She’s had it since forever. She hoped her violin was still okay.Seeing it now brings back a lot of memories from her very distant past..
Probably remembering her mom, huh?

The Eyes should have found her by now… Why can’t they find her? … Chimu… We made a promise, remember?
OMGASS YOSSI AND RIKA WERE CHILDHOOD FRIENDS?!?!!?!?   
:mon wtf:

“Well, I got the feeling that you and Rika were having such a good time together that you might forget to come to the office today... so I’m just reminding you… go to work…”

“… Really, now…”

“I’m pretty sure she woke up ahead of you again and cooked you up some delicious breakfast like a responsible wife.”
Yeah...breakfast.  :twisted:

This sounds SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much like a bad Pinoy drama.  :mon evillaff:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2008, 03:15:15 AM »
^woah!!! that's a super comment...

... i hope the bad pinoy drama tune to the fic is a good thing...

Hitomi got to her office with a huge smile on her face. Pushing open the doors revealed Ayaka, Ayumi and Mai sitting in her office.

“Well, Yoshiko, you took your time getting here…” Mai crossed her arms. “It took you 25 minutes to get here since we hung up. Now what does that say?”

“um… that I took 25 minutes to get here from home…?”

“No. It takes only 20 minutes from your house to here, even with heavy traffic. We measured! That means you spent 5 minutes in your house after our call before leaving! You spent 5 minutes saying goodbye to Rika-chan!”

“So… ?”

Ayaka noticing Hitomi’s huge smile, patted Mai on the shoulder “Just let her be… she won’t tell us anything anyway…”

Hitomi placed her briefcase on her desk. “You said we needed to discuss something about Rika.”

“Yes… we have good news and bad news…”

“Please tell me the good news first.”

“I called the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) this morning. I looked up Rika’s immigration status. Her visa had expired four years ago.”

“So she’s an illegal alien now… How can that be good news?’

Mai butted in “Well, let’s just say that my father pulled some strings. Like Mai, you and me, she’s got diplomat status now. Good thing dad has good friends there. I heard your father tried looking up immigration files from Japan.”

“Is that the bad news?”

“No, my dad warned them against giving papers to a man named Yoshizawa Jin. Hopefully, though highly unlikely, he won’t able to pay his way to Rika’s papers. Anyway, at least that could buy us some time in case he tries to do anything stupid. But our bad news also has something to do with you father…”

Ayaka handed a piece of paper to Hitomi. “Keep that for the mean time. That’s Rika’s temporary passport. I called the Japanese embassy and explained Rika’s situation to them. I told them that is mute therefore temporarily disabled and that she was in your custody. That was enough for them to issue her a new passport and to arrange her status here with the DFA. The actual passport should be here by tomorrow.”

Ayumi looked at Hitomi who was listening intently to them. Ayumi’s mind was still absorbing the fact that Rika can already speak again. Ayumi did not say anything to Mai and Ayaka about it either. Rika made me promise not to tell you. I’m sorry, Yoshizawa-san. After all that I just found out with these papers, I just can’t break that promise.

Offline gloopip

• e c o m o n i s t
  • Member+
  • ♥rika♥
« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2008, 04:18:43 AM »
“Well, Yoshiko, you took your time getting here…” Mai crossed her arms. “It took you 25 minutes to get here since we hung up. Now what does that say?”

“um… that I took 25 minutes to get here from home…?”

“No. It takes only 20 minutes from your house to here, even with heavy traffic. We measured! That means you spent 5 minutes in your house after our call before leaving! You spent 5 minutes saying goodbye to Rika-chan!”
they actually timed her!? lol  XD XD XD

Offline Yukari

• SNSD & Nogizaka46 ♥
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2008, 05:16:19 AM »
they are madly friends i think  :mon sweat:

nice chapter... i want that rika talk to yossy!!!  :mon pissed:

and yomiki please!! i want to know what happened  :mon cry:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2008, 08:13:22 AM »
^woah!!! that's a super comment...
Actually, it's not that unusual for me. :P

... i hope the bad pinoy drama tune to the fic is a good thing...
That depends on how many predictable, overly dramatic plot devices that are WAY too commonly used in Pinoy dramas end up getting used here. :P

So...as long as Rika remains a mute her passport situation shouldn't be a problem? Shiba-chan had best let her know that ASAP.

And as if we didn't have enough reason to distrust Yossi's dad. :banghead:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2008, 08:41:06 AM »
hmmm... *waits for the next update*

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2008, 08:52:39 AM »
for those waiting for an update, thank you for waiting...

At home, Rika was doing the laundry.

“Hicchan…” She has said the name over a million times this morning. Right after Hitomi left. She was still getting used to the sound of her voice again. Would Hicchan like how my voice sounds? After almost a month of not being able to speak, her voice does sound strange.

Ayumi said it still sounded very kawaii. Would Hicchan find it kawaii?

Rika was glad Hitomi had an automatic washing machine. You just put your clothes in, press some buttons then come back later to get everything out. Although Hitomi didn’t ask Rika to do the laundry, Rika had nothing else to do. She missed Hitomi. She felt behind her ear where Hitomi planted a kiss. Her face reddened.

After getting the washing machine started, Rika walked back to the living room. The fact that there was nothing else to do struck her again. “Why didn’t I do the laundry by hand?!”

Rika giggled. It’s really been a while since she heard herself speak. But she was still stumped. There was nothing to do. Absolutely nothing. She decided to look around the condo in the hope of a great discovery of some sort.

It didn’t take her long to see a door she hasn’t opened before. It was the door right beside the door to Hitomi’s room. At first look, one would think that the door to Hitomi’s room were double doors but after being in and out of that room, Rika knew the other door led to another room. She held on to the knob but hesitated. What if there was something in here that I wasn’t supposed to see? Like some deep dark secret, or a torture chamber? Rika laughed at herself. Silly, it’s not like Hicchan would have a torture chamber here.

She breathed in deep and opened the room. It was dark so she felt by the wall for a light switch. Rika flipped it on and gasped at what the light revealed to her. It was a big room with a baby grand piano right in the middle. She looked around the room. It was a beautiful room. The walls and the ceiling were lined with special material for acoustics. Rika looked to one side. There was a violin on a stand. Rika examined it closely and remembered a dear friend. Well she can’t really call that person a friend anymore. Rika has forgotten her name. All that Rika remembered was a promise they made and that kawaii name her friend called her.

Offline tito

• Gomattou love <3
  • Member+
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2008, 08:55:52 AM »
(You updated while I'm posting :D ) :P Yossi is kinda hostile to her father and I really want to know what happened between them... Rika is illegal immigrant? There are still so many mysteries  :O Hope that nothing bad will happen between Yossi and Rika even after Yossi finds out about more about her background *pray* (I'm quite sure something will happen though )

I've a feeling they are long lost childhood friends and that if Yossi sees Rika in the room without her permission, she won't be very happy. RIKA TALK TO YOSSI!!!!!! :OMG:

'Separation is the beginning of a meeting. Fear not of it.'

Offline tru_harmony

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2008, 09:07:58 AM »
thank you all for sticking around... i don't know if i 'm going to be updating again soon because i caught the flu and everybody at home is about to separate me from my computer.  i hope you continue to stick around...

UPDATE!!!!

Ayumi stood up from her seat and walked to Hitomi’s side, not wanting to have to look Hitomi in the eye. “We decided to come here early to check out old documents in the vault. The marketing portfolio was not the only document we have of that aborted merger. Here are financial reports of Ishikawa CorPrint and some of our own board meeting minutes and some joint board meetings with CorPrint’s directors.”

Ayaka handed some of the folders to Hitomi “Ayumi and I studied them before you arrived and we found that since it was opened in 1990 until 2001, CorPrint was doing well financially, actually being able to topple the older, more established Ichii Printers. That was when a new company, PubCom offered a merger to CorPrint. It seems that CorPrint rejected the offer at first. But in 2002, for some reason we still haven’t seen yet, CorPrint seemed to have lost a lot of money. That was when the issue of a merger was raised again. In this board meeting minutes, dated October 2002, the contracts were already being drafted.”

“What happened? Why didn’t the merger push through?”

“The contracts have been finalized. Only one signature was left missing…… …Yoshiko…” Ayaka looked down on the floor not wanting to have to tell Hitomi whose.

“… …Let me guess… my father’s…”

“Yes…”

Hitomi closed her fist tight. “…He planned this… I can feel it… He crushed Ishikawa CorPrint… and nobody saw how it happened…”

Ayumi sadly said. “The contracts were supposed to be signed January 16. Just in time to save CorPrint from foreclosure… It seems that CorPrint had gambled everything they had into the merger… Uncle Yoichi committed suicide three days later…”

Hitomi’s eyes started to redden with tears. “… January 19… Rika’s birthday... … that BASTARD!!!” Hitomi slammed her fist on the desk.

Ayaka took Hitomi’s fist. “Yoshiko… don’t hurt yourself”

“He fucked up Rika’s life even worse than how he did mine!!!” Hitomi cried. “The company that I brought up from almost nothing is the same company that took Rika’s life away from her! I strengthened a company built upon the ashes of Rika’s life!”

Mai grabbed Hitomi by the shoulders. “Yoshiko, it wasn’t you. It’s that old man.”

Ayumi took out a small paper bag. “If it makes you feel any better, all I can say is, you’ve been making up for what your father did without even knowing it…. You gave her a new home and a new family. She wouldn’t be happy to see you like this… even if it was because of her… We understand how you feel… We’re also part of this company… but we’re all just doing what we’re supposed to do…”

Ayaka hugged Hitomi. “Yoshiko, remember that you brought up this company from nothing for Ken, not for you father.”

Ayumi took out a jersey from the paper bag, “What you can do now is to take good care of her… but not because of guilt over what your father has done but because you love her… We all know how much do… you love her…”

She handed the motionless Hitomi the jersey, “That’s Rika’s uniform. She wore that when we won the national tournament, doubles division in high school... whenever she felt like giving up on anything, she would wear that… even when we’re not playing tennis… When her father died, she stopped playing but she still wore this jersey… she accidentally left it when she slept over at my house a week before graduation … I’ve had it for five years… for a while, it was also a source of strength for me when I felt like giving up in my search for her.. I held on because thought I should return this to her… but after seeing how she pulled through five years without it … it seems to  me that she doesn’t need it anymore… I hope that it can give you strength to pull through this.”

Hitomi looked at the jersey. It had Ca+ embroidered on it’s sleeve. Ayumi smiled at seeing the symbol. “No other player from our school had any embroidery on the sleeve. Just Rika. That means Positive Charmy. Charmy’s her nickname in the court and she’s always thinking positive.” Ayumi felt nostalgic describing Rika like that.

Hitomi felt weak on the knees, she fell on her chair and held on tight to the jersey, “I… I want to come home to her…” Hitomi weakly said.

“We’ve taken care of all your appointments, President Yoshizawa, we will see you tomorrow…” the three bowed to her.

Ayumi took her hand “… just spend the day with her. Make her happy.”

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Romans - Sexy Night ~Wasurenai Kare~