JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kimura Kaela - Level 42 (Album Version)

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009860 times)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1740 on: December 15, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »
25min interview/documentary on why Metal Gear Rising switched to Platinum Games. :nervous

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1741 on: December 16, 2011, 12:35:49 AM »
Ain't tech cool. Everything's wireless. :D

Just saying. check the top of the 1st controller and see if it says sixaxis. Bought mine years ago, dunno if they still bundle those with PS3's now.
If it does, it doesn't have vibration.
And even if you have little need for 2 players/recharging, you can still use one for a PC game controller with the mini-usb and some drivers (like motionjoy).

Reminds me of a time when I played LittleBigPlanet alone with 3 controllers at the same time to do one of the puzzles. :nervous

They're all Dual-Shock now. They stopped making the original Six-Axis years ago (long before any of the slim models came into production).

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1742 on: December 19, 2011, 09:48:14 PM »
Absolutely delighted to see Skyrim taking the Christmas No.1 spot. Although I like MW3, I'm glad to see it's position wasn't all but certain as it has been for the past few years. I just think in general that the CoD series has run its course. Granted, having the same game released at the same time for 5 years now creates that shooter fatigue, and it is still the best in it's genre, but I think everyone could do with a break. Otherwise, it should be multiplayer only, download only, so that the loyal can get their fix every time an iteration is released. Activision won't make as much cash off it, so it's never going to happen. As such, expect maybe another year or two of CoD releases until it goes the way of Guitar Hero.

Skyrim is massive. Even a month in, people are only just scraping the surface of what's in there. It's probably the best value game of the year, even at full price - I've spoken to people who are put off playing it due to its size! It's one of the best games this year that captures the imagination and interest of the gaming public more than a rehashed game.

Also it's a huge fuck you to publishers like EA for coming up with 'single player is dead, every game needs multiplayer. Facebook games are the future'. Suck it. This goes to show that if you invest in some quality single player games without shoehorning in a multiplayer aspect then people will still buy.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1743 on: December 20, 2011, 04:02:37 AM »
traded in battlefield 3 and got 31 buck credit, so i got marvel vs. capcom 3 fate of 2 worlds  :twothumbs

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1744 on: December 20, 2011, 04:58:12 AM »
Also it's a huge fuck you to publishers like EA for coming up with 'single player is dead, every game needs multiplayer.
Just saying, yesterday I saw on Nexus a 'Skyrim Online' mod. XD
Since it's user-made and so early, its probably pretty useless and breaks the single-player game. but yeah, there's a mod for that. :P

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1745 on: December 20, 2011, 05:09:56 AM »
just noticed that RAAM's shadow dlc is available for gears 3 so i'm downloading it - 2 gigs  :O2

EDIT: played a bit of it - pretty sick being a heug monster dude thing dressed like a member of a black metal band  XD

had to re-charge the batteries for my headphones  :sweatdrop:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:26:59 AM by john_hung »

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1746 on: December 20, 2011, 09:15:51 PM »
Yay Steam sales (and new PC).

Got Portal 2, Civ 5, Arkham City, Skyrim and Metro 2033 loaded up to play when I get a chance. :)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1747 on: December 22, 2011, 09:33:41 PM »
I've been playing GTA IV: TBOGT, and right now I'm doing the drug wars. I'm surprised I skipped this on my other previous playthroughs of the game. They're quite fun.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1748 on: December 23, 2011, 11:00:33 AM »
Was curious to see what gameplay would be like for the next SSX game and I can now officially say, I am hyped! :w00t:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1749 on: December 23, 2011, 07:18:14 PM »
I'm trying to locate my copy of the first Harry Potter game for the PC. I watched gameplay of it the other day, and it really brought the laughs.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1750 on: December 24, 2011, 06:37:54 PM »
This needs to be a game at any time of year:

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1751 on: December 25, 2011, 04:18:24 AM »
I really want to play Terraria but I don't know, is it worth it? Looks pretty fun.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1752 on: December 27, 2011, 02:25:37 AM »
Playing through my new Zelda game, but all I can think about is Skyrim. :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1753 on: December 27, 2011, 02:38:46 AM »
Is it because they both have 'Sky' in their name? :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1754 on: December 27, 2011, 03:17:42 PM »
I made a tweet saying that Bastion was my favourite game this year and included Supergiant games in the tweet and they responded to me! :w00t:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1755 on: December 28, 2011, 03:18:10 AM »
Friend says she'll let me borrow Skyrim when she gets back from outta town. :w00t: She's gonna focus on Saints Row 3, Arkham City, and my copy of Revelations.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1756 on: December 28, 2011, 02:30:08 PM »
Well I finally got every achievement in Fist of the North Star : Ken's Rage. Easy game to get all achievements though as none of them are skill based, but are more 'Defeat 1000 enemies with a signature move' or 'Complete Legend mode with Rei'. So really it's just a question of time and commitment to get them all. Took me 78 hrs of gametime to do it. Only one thing left to do and that's to complete the Boss run challenges, which is more difficult than it is because the each bosses health, attack and defense are all buffed up considerably compared to when you fight them in the story. And you only have one health bar that's meant to last throughout the whole course. I have trouble enough with Jagi, the first boss. He's undoubtedly the weakest character in the manga but in game he's perhaps the hardest. His rocket combo is so unbelieveably cheap, it's homing and it can take away half your life bar easy as that. Dear only knows what characters like Raoh or Thouzer will be like :bleed eyes:

Offline paraspam

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1757 on: December 29, 2011, 03:03:30 AM »
Resubbed my EVE Online accounts. Was going to do this on the 31st, the day my Warcraft sub wont be getting renewed but I couldn't wait.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1758 on: December 29, 2011, 11:15:56 AM »
finally got past one section of crysis 2 that i wasn't able to pass only to reach another part that i can't pass lol (at least now i'm fighting against the alien duders)...also played a bit of skate (tuffty's games of 2011 thread made me take notice of all the games i actually have, and haven't been playing cuz of mw3  :sweatdrop:)...i have skate 2 also but wanna play thru part 1 first.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1759 on: December 29, 2011, 05:52:57 PM »

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kimura Kaela - Level 42 (Album Version)