JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Cro-magnons - Sougen no Kagayaki

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009872 times)

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1760 on: December 31, 2011, 01:43:58 AM »
Watching Giant Bomb game of the year stuff I gotta say Vinny's giant extreme close up head gets me giggling every time I see it. :rofl:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1761 on: December 31, 2011, 02:15:36 AM »
"What up?" I wish Vinny was a disembodied head from now on :lol:

Good night of gaming. Completed MW3 campaign on Veteran and I cleared both challenge boss runs in Fist of the North Star : Kens Rage!! Turns out you just need Raoh and you can cheese your way through those bosses. Uploaded my times to the leaderboards and as it turns out, I'm in the Top 50 or so players for both times which is cool. Although there probably are about less than a thousand on the leaderboard so maybe it's not that great an achievement XD

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1762 on: December 31, 2011, 05:44:26 AM »
Seeing and hearing Drew for GOTY puts him in almost a monk-like status. He doesn't say much, but when he does, you pay attention.

I bought the Bastion DLC on 360 and due to me having a bit of extra MS points, I bought Bastion avatar items. You want anymore of my money Supergiant!?!?!?!?!
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
« Reply #1763 on: December 31, 2011, 08:55:09 AM »
My online rage is somewhat manifesting into ulcers in Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I know these guys are free yet I keep dropping combos and I go INSANE!!! Lol

Offline U.S.S. John E. Badass

• Café 俺
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Let them eat Québec
« Reply #1764 on: December 31, 2011, 06:33:02 PM »
Since it's a Daily Deal on Steam today, I want to take the opportunity to recommend SpaceChem if you have any interest in puzzle games.

The premise is that you have a machine that can manipulate atoms according to a limited set of instructions, a supply of some molecules, and a burning desire for some other molecules. Each level starts you up with a blank slate in which to implement a solution.

Image may contain spoilers if you look hard enough to remember it

If this looks like your idea of a good time you've probably played the game before, but picking it up is really fast. The game starts with a few tutorial levels and each new mechanic is introduced with a simple problem. The benefit of this is you can spend all your brainpower on solving, optimizing and re-solving the actual problems, which, later on, are anything from deceptively complex to just plain complex. Particularly interesting are the 'production' problems where you have to balance your intermediate outputs so that the system doesn't grind to a halt because you can't get more oxygen until you eat all your hydrogen, young man.

This is not a game for everyone, for exactly the same reason as it is a great game for some: the puzzles require real thought to solve at all and have a lot of potential for optimization. The game displays a graph of global high scores for each level, which compels you to get on the left side of the curve and shows that there must be some really clever non-obvious solutions because yours is still not close to the fastest.

Clearly there's a reason I haven't pursued a career in game reviewing, but if you enjoy logical problem-solving, try the demo. That should give you a good idea whether it's your game.

To summarize: We heard you liked programming, so we made a programming simulator so you can program while you take a break from programming.

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1765 on: January 01, 2012, 05:31:33 AM »
Anyone know about the steam calculator site? It calculates the worth of your steam account based on the games you own.

Here's my account:

http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/southstar411

I don't know if it's something to be proud of or ashamed of...

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1766 on: January 03, 2012, 03:41:12 AM »
lol when i turned on the ps3, i saw that there was a tomb raider game on my hd...tomb raider underworld is available for free to playstation play members ending today (also some marvel pinball game)  :thumbup

EDIT: decided to get the pinball game since it's free, got some wakeboarding game for a few bucks, and a section 8/section 8 predjudice bundle for under 8 bucks  :twothumbs

i am glad that i decided to join playstation play  :cow:

lol i meant playstation plus  :sweatdrop:  :doh:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:34:11 AM by john_hung »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1767 on: January 03, 2012, 04:29:16 AM »
I'm finally gonna play Skyrim tomorrow.  :twothumbs

Skyward Sword hasn't been completed, but I think I'm almost done. Gonna have to put it aside for now.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:55:09 AM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1768 on: January 03, 2012, 05:30:01 AM »
that marvel pinball game is pretty cool  :D i  think it's a tad better than pinball fx that i have on xbox...

also - what do you guys think about saving games online (cloud saves?) i think that's why ps3 takes so  long to auto-update - it's sending your save game data to the cloud i think (today it downloaded 1 patch for saints row 3rd and save game data for skate 2 and it took like moar than a half hour...)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:12:05 AM by john_hung »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1769 on: January 03, 2012, 09:58:41 AM »
i hate when friendly AI move into your sight picture then tell you to check your fire - don't step into my sight picture fux0r  :banghead:

if you don't want to be shot don't walk into my line of bullets  :doh:

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1770 on: January 04, 2012, 08:42:27 AM »

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1771 on: January 04, 2012, 01:29:07 PM »
Proud of myself yesterday.  Hadn't played Reach in a while, and got 3 achievements- Both Barrels, Return to Sender & Top Shot.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1772 on: January 06, 2012, 09:52:44 PM »
Giant Bomb just posted the funniest quick look in a while today. Vinny 'Two Pens' Carravella, Drew and Hardcore Dave take a look at Digital Combat Simulator : A-10c Warthog, a super hardcore PC flight combat sim. Let's put it this way, half an hour into this hour long quick look and they still haven't taken off. And what happens at 7:30 made me laugh so much :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1773 on: January 08, 2012, 02:34:51 AM »
got street fighter IV and left 4 dead 2 for xbox (street fighter was 8.99  :thumbup) and need for speed the run for ps3  :twothumbs

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1774 on: January 08, 2012, 03:38:01 AM »
I hate when I play some demos and think, "This is really fun! I gotta buy this." Then once I buy it and pass the section of the demo, I get frustrated or bored.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1775 on: January 08, 2012, 03:46:24 AM »
Finished HALO: CE Anniversary.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1776 on: January 08, 2012, 07:01:16 AM »
gonna murk some higs  :on asmo:

Offline paraspam

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1777 on: January 08, 2012, 09:30:09 AM »
I bought Eufloria today. It's a nice minimalistic RTS with a an ambient theme. I think it looks very beautiful yet so simple.

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1778 on: January 08, 2012, 09:39:34 PM »
HEhehe, been reading the posts in the Minecraft thread. Gonna check the rest of the posts tomorrow.
Anyway, I bought Minecraft two days ago. :w00t:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1779 on: January 09, 2012, 08:29:00 PM »
I got a £10 gift certificate from Amazon so I think I'll use it to get the limited edition of Final Fantasy XIII-2. That way I get all the extra stuff at the same price as a standard copy. It was either that or Catherine but I may give hints about that for my birthday which is also in Feb. I can wait a few weeks or so if I knew someone was gonna get it for me.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 08:49:52 PM by Tuffty »

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Cro-magnons - Sougen no Kagayaki