JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Lee Hyori - Dear Boy

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007510 times)

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1720 on: December 13, 2011, 06:30:30 AM »
I think I've spent most of this month playing Skyward Sword, I don't really remember much of anything else.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1721 on: December 13, 2011, 06:42:37 AM »
crysis 2 multiplayer is pretty sick  :thumbup

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #1722 on: December 13, 2011, 07:01:11 AM »
I would have to say my most recent favorite game is Saints Row: The Third.  Even though it may look and play like a Rockstar game, it certainly got me hooked enough to finish the main quests and so some of the other activities (it's pretty easy to max out respect).  Even my brother, who has played some of the GTA games, says SR3 is actually better.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1723 on: December 13, 2011, 07:12:49 AM »
Metal Gear Rising finally made a reappearance at the VGA Awards and holy crap!

It's also come with the accouncement that Platinum games (Bayonetta, Vanquish) are the main developers. Count me very excited!

Looks pretty awesome. The style kind reminds me of Robocop for some reason. As long as I can cut everything (watermelons) I'm in. But Ninja Raiden and Vamp? :smhid Where is my Grey Fox in futuristic 80s Detroit Kojima?

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #1724 on: December 13, 2011, 07:21:42 AM »
I can divide my friends into two kinds of people: those who like Skyrim and those who live Skyrim.

Sometimes they'll just be talking to each other, talking about how they just go outside their house to watch the beautiful, starry night sky. Then someone comments on how great a thing that is to do, assuming they were referring to reality. But no, it's stargazing in Skyrim :lol: No doubt, it's a beautiful game with some wonderful playability, but sometimes people concern me with their level of involvement.

On a side note, the 'arrow to the knee' meme cracks me up.

Bastion on Chrome isn't working for me :(

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1725 on: December 13, 2011, 07:43:22 AM »
I can divide my friends into two kinds of people: those who like Skyrim and those who live Skyrim.

Sometimes they'll just be talking to each other, talking about how they just go outside their house to watch the beautiful, starry night sky. Then someone comments on how great a thing that is to do, assuming they were referring to reality. But no, it's stargazing in Skyrim :lol: No doubt, it's a beautiful game with some wonderful playability, but sometimes people concern me with their level of involvement.

I always use the clear sky shout whenever it gets cloudy so I can see the stars. :3

I've also spent hours arranging giant toes and jars of butterflies on shelves. . . . be concerned.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1726 on: December 13, 2011, 07:47:38 AM »
Bastion on Chrome isn't working for me :(

Try it on steam? Then you would have to buy the game again. Unless you are just trying the demo, in which case, buy it on steam  :lol:

Late to the party but I beat Portal 2.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1727 on: December 13, 2011, 08:17:57 AM »
I'm super late to the party as I haven't even got Portal 2. Should clear that up soon.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1728 on: December 13, 2011, 08:23:44 AM »
i just got GRID (or race driver grid depending on where you live lol) for ps3 (i once had it for 360)...my team name is TEAM ECCHI  :shakeit:  and the paint scheme is  :jphip: pinku (it looks like eddie van halen's guitar from the 'hot for teacher' video but pink instead of red  :twothumbs )
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 08:35:19 AM by john_hung »

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #1729 on: December 13, 2011, 12:57:34 PM »
For some reason, even though I've been intending to get into the Uncharted series for a while and even more-so with the release of Uncharted 3, now the main motivation seems to be because my cousin watched every single cutscene without trying to skip any. Considering that he has always tried skipping cinematics whenever he could, that's some serious business. I did play it for a couple of hours at his house with him, and it's fun, but I just didn't feel anywhere near as impressed as I feel I should have. That's why I'm hesitating to fork out money for it.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1730 on: December 14, 2011, 01:19:06 AM »
 :doh: i just bought a wireless controller for the ps3 because i thought the one it came with was wired :? turns out it's not, (do they even make wired ones for ps3 lol) the wire in it is one of those mini usb ones to charge it lol  :doh:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1731 on: December 14, 2011, 03:44:57 AM »
^For PS3 controllers, not officially... i think XD
My PS3 came with a sixaxis (no dualshock), in the end I still had to buy 2 dualshocks afterwards.

But whatever, it's always good to have an extra controller. Like when one needs recharging.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1732 on: December 14, 2011, 04:48:01 AM »
i just assumed it was wired and since it was the only controller i didn't want to try to remove it lol...i felt so dumb when i found out  :rofl:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1733 on: December 14, 2011, 04:56:25 AM »
:doh: i just bought a wireless controller for the ps3 because i thought the one it came with was wired :? turns out it's not, (do they even make wired ones for ps3 lol) the wire in it is one of those mini usb ones to charge it lol  :doh:

All PS3 controllers are wireless. As a general rule, all the stuff that you need to pay extra for with the 360 (hard drive, wifi, wireless controllers, etc.) comes included.

That said, extra controllers are key so you don't need to stop in the middle of a game to recharge.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1734 on: December 14, 2011, 06:49:09 AM »
lol @ me  :rofl:

downloading the back to karkland or whatever pack for bf3 (i think i've played one online match since mw3 came out lol, but my friend only has bf3 ...it's like 2 gigs  :O2 )

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1735 on: December 14, 2011, 06:56:55 AM »
Ain't tech cool. Everything's wireless. :D

Just saying. check the top of the 1st controller and see if it says sixaxis. Bought mine years ago, dunno if they still bundle those with PS3's now.
If it does, it doesn't have vibration.
And even if you have little need for 2 players/recharging, you can still use one for a PC game controller with the mini-usb and some drivers (like motionjoy).

Reminds me of a time when I played LittleBigPlanet alone with 3 controllers at the same time to do one of the puzzles. :nervous

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1736 on: December 14, 2011, 07:01:57 AM »
yeah, they're both six axis dual  shock (my shock  XD )...in other words i didn't need to buy that extra controller lol but i'd rather have too many than not enough so  :otomerika:  :yossi:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1737 on: December 14, 2011, 06:57:40 PM »
They reposted one of their classics. No game theme.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1738 on: December 14, 2011, 07:42:50 PM »
I loved that one xD

Offline shurastriker