JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - More More More

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009849 times)

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2380 on: March 21, 2013, 12:42:43 AM »
OKAY I don't like this. I played PvP for 3 hours and kept losing, I was very very surprised every time I lost, because cough I'm good cough. Now finally after running dungeons for an hour I finally rrealised I WASN'T WEARING ANY WEAPON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADKFjsdöfjsödjfsö :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: everyone on my team laughed at me :( And even though I lost ranking points worth of 3 hours I'm happy to realise that it wasn't about me being bad at hitting these buttons ! :)

on other akibahabarabu (wtf...ahh..WTF....AKIBA, akihabara) news my windows 8 is being a bitch with paint :catglare:

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #2381 on: March 21, 2013, 03:38:07 AM »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2382 on: March 21, 2013, 09:34:46 PM »
bought facebreaker the other day. the first few opponents aren't all that hard, then when you go against the voodoo guy it's like wtf how do you beat him?  :banghead:

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #2383 on: March 22, 2013, 07:50:33 PM »
Uhm, so this is apparently a thing that is happening.

I am not too keen on the 3D effect in the graphics, but hey. This looks like it could be good fun! WayForward has had some good stuff, so yeah. Definitely worth checking out!

Offline Assman

• aka 大光
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2384 on: March 24, 2013, 08:55:23 AM »
SHIT!! looks amazin' tho I never played the OG game. I gotta check WayForward out!

I'm kinda iffy on these remakes, I love 2D scrollin beat em ups but with today's graphics seem so slick and precise, there isn't that raw cheapness that you can just mash mash mash to get thru levels. Reminds me of the TMNT remastered they did. looked weird lol

but i still wanna play it XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2385 on: March 24, 2013, 03:55:41 PM »
Think it's fair to say that I carried my team to victory on this Team Deathmatch on Crysis 3.  :twothumbs

I love the multiplayer. I see a lot decrying it for being too hard but really it just takes a while to get in the learning curve. Once you know when to cloak/decloak, put on armor etc it's so much fun to play and it can really make you feel like a badass to kill other players so fast through so many options.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2386 on: March 26, 2013, 03:41:47 AM »
Here's a fun thought. Combine your two favorite games and see what you come up with.

Legend of Shenmue: A Ryo to the Past.

WANT.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2387 on: March 26, 2013, 05:32:53 AM »
God of War.craft
Just add some camera zoom Night elf-on-Orc fatality-kill action.

Pokemon 1/251: I Choose You!!
OK. so you date your Pokemon. And if you do really great, there's a confession scene in the end where they might kiss you.
Paid DLC to evolve, buy stickers for their portraits, and berries to increase friendship.

Sleeping Dogs Creed
Assassinate high-profile enemies in the shadows of a busy modern HK landscape. What's not to like?
Might be hard finding a haystack to jump into though.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2388 on: March 26, 2013, 06:04:24 AM »
^ Good ones

To elaborate on mine like you did, Legend of Shenmue: A Ryo to the Past would just be like.. switching Ganon with Lan Di, Link with Ryo, and Zelda with Nozomi then having it all take place in Shenmue-like 3d sandbox world with Zelda gadgets and Shenmue fighting.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2389 on: March 26, 2013, 10:26:09 PM »
Went ahead and bought my first Ps3 game (Mugen Souls).
Now I'm only lacking a system to play it on  :lol:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2390 on: March 26, 2013, 11:18:20 PM »
^ make sure you get  a ps3 with a large hd - I wish I had  :doh:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2391 on: March 27, 2013, 12:28:11 AM »
Here's a fun thought. Combine your two favorite games and see what you come up with.

Metroid Souls - There are similarities between the two, a seamless, interconnected world, that sense of isolation and adventure, the storytelling being sparse and indirect, often asking you to piece the story together for yourself through text logs. I guess my game would have that and maybe be a Metroid game with Samus Aran but with Dark Souls approach to levelling up Samus Aran freely, in any way you see fit, with RPG mechanics that you haven't seen in a Metroid game before. The online aspect from Dark Souls can be taken too by other players leaving messages in the form of fallen bounty hunters/soldiers pointing to secrets. Or alternatively, my game would be Dark Souls but take Metroid's approach to having hidden areas unavailable until you acquire the right item/skill.

Square Enix boss leaves as company announces 'extraordinary loss' and 'major restructuring'

I like how some commentators on the SE news are like "SE should be the forefront of innovation of JRPG's again and try something brave and daring!" usually follow it up with "They should remake FF7!"

Listen, I doubt it will happen. Christ they can't even get FF Versus XIII out of the door. A FF7 'remake' would kill the company. It's not a remake when you have to completely rebuild the game from the ground up, hire voice actors and make FMVs a kin or not better then what you got to Advent Children. They are so not going to risk everything on that when people aren't willing to buy the other 'remakes'.

Why do you think they are 'remaking' Kingdom Hearts and FFX/FFX-2, it's just an easier job to re-skin, add fresh voice work where they can if needed, and ship the 'Final Mix' versions of all the games the west didn't have. Most of the work is already done as the game assets are there, as said unlike FF7.

My only worry is that part of this restructuring means the loss of IP's which I hope to see more of in the future i.e. The World Ends With You

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2392 on: March 27, 2013, 12:38:44 AM »
Cool game idea. Loved Metroid growing up on SNES. I LOVED FFX so I'd purchase that in a heartbeat.

Here's another one.. World of Falloutcraft. Frankly, I just want a Fallout MMO. Maybe I shouldn't because it might ruin what I love about Fallout games. I have my fingers crossed about Elder Scrolls Online hoping it's going to be amazing. I haven't played a MMO since whatever tier Sinestra was in WoW and I was so burnt out by the end of raiding that tier and from raiding since vanilla that I'd had enough with MMO's for awhile. If Elder Scrolls Online is any good then I'm definitely playing it.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2393 on: March 27, 2013, 08:34:26 PM »
Here's a love message sent straight to me over a bit of Crysis 3 multiplayer. Rather sweet really.

So in news that surprises absolutely nobody, The Phantom Pain and Ground Zeroes is Metal Gear Solid 5 after all. Looks incredible.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 11:23:48 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2394 on: March 28, 2013, 02:50:48 AM »
"You play small girl."

He sure told you...

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #2395 on: March 28, 2013, 02:57:18 AM »

I really loved Persona 4...and I really love GG/BlazBlue....I'd combine these and call it "Persona 4 Arena".

Really though...I'd probably stick with... Bayonetta..Star...Online...? Or something like this. If somehow they could take the gameplay of a game like Bayonetta and throw that into an MMO environment, preferably with some competitive elements...that'd be perfect...

Anarchy Reigns was ok, and I got my eye on Blade & Soul, but this dream has yet to be fulfilled...
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2396 on: March 29, 2013, 04:50:59 PM »
Sims Effect

Well, I'd just have even more alien babies 8) And I could breed like. Biotics who save the earth

Also forget building houses, how about space stations and interior decorating a space craft
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2397 on: March 30, 2013, 05:50:01 PM »
^ will we be able to make Miranda's ass larger in character creation? or should we not mess with perfection? hhahah

Video game realism takes another leap forward with Activision's new engine. These facial expressions are really convincing!

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #2398 on: March 30, 2013, 09:18:19 PM »
Fun side note, my little cousins were killing me in Black Ops 2 (you know, because I never play these games), so I had to resort to insults...I told them, in my best accent: "You are no man...you are very small girl, you PLAY small girl."

Unfortunately they're impressionable, so they've been here telling each other they play small girl in an accent for the last 30 minutes. Good times.
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2399 on: March 30, 2013, 11:24:39 PM »
^ That's brilliant! :lol: More Xbox Live haters for me. How come I'm the nerd?! You're playing Xbox too you know! XD

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Elva Hsiao - More More More