JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sistar - Stay I Love You

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009827 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2360 on: February 28, 2013, 12:45:24 AM »
Now that I've put a good few hours into Crysis 3 multiplayer I have mixed feelings about it. On one hand it can be exciting and empowering but there are other frustrations I have had which make me second guess myself. The biggest gripe thus far seems to be with the servers, I keep blasting bullets into somebody and they practically turn around and kill me in one shot even with armor on. Watching the killcam shows me spraying bullets nowhere near the guy and the guy got an easy kill. Or even there are just occassions where killcams show people shooting into the ground next to me and yet that registers as a hit. It's inconsistent. On the other hand is the gameplay itself, aiming down the sights is practically pointless considering how much recoil the guns have when aiming down sights and everyone (and I really do mean everyone) is using sub machine guns to remain cloaked and run right up to people blasting them without aiming. So on one hand the multiplayer gameplay is very skillful, requiring you to multi task between armor and stealth, moving fast around the map etc, and then on the other, it's not skillful at all if people just run right up to you and press the RT button.

I dunno, I get frustrated by the fact that I've lost wayyy more team deathmatch/free for all games when I usually do good in say, Call of Duty. It's just a very different game I know, I'm not used to such fast paced multiplayer and I imagine the learning curve will be steep. I think I'll just adopt a casual approach to it, concede I won't get in the top 3 everytime and just hope I'll get better at it. Hoping the servers sort themselves out too.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2361 on: February 28, 2013, 04:02:05 AM »
Finally got my $10 voucher from Sony. Not sure why it took so long. Not sure what I want to spend it on though - haven't played much Vita lately.

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #2362 on: February 28, 2013, 11:12:31 PM »
Currently playing Crusader Kings II
A game where

in 1168, England does not exist

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2363 on: March 01, 2013, 01:47:11 AM »
Finally got my $10 voucher from Sony. Not sure why it took so long. Not sure what I want to spend it on though - haven't played much Vita lately.

The PSN store got discounts for the winners of their Gamers' Choice Awards.

Used my voucher to buy Journey. I'll admit I got a little teary-eyed towards the end.  :cry:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2364 on: March 02, 2013, 12:24:21 AM »
Currently playing Crusader Kings II
A game where

in 1168, England does not exist

FUCK YEAH

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2365 on: March 02, 2013, 01:53:08 AM »
I finally bought my own copy of Skyrim. I was gonna put that money towards GTA V but that got pushed back. I'll eventually get the Dragonborn DLC.

"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2366 on: March 02, 2013, 05:01:01 AM »
Money well spent. I'm at around 200+ hours played and unlikely to slow down soon.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2367 on: March 04, 2013, 04:46:09 PM »
Damn you amazon.uk, I want my Tomb Raider NOW!!!
I had hoped to get it for the release day, but it hasn't even shipped yet.
If it doesn't arrive for the weekend I*ll be really pissed, because this weekend ist the only one I have time to play this month, argh!
Hurry!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2368 on: March 07, 2013, 09:40:24 PM »
Doesn't this online-DRM sound like the worst shit ever? Happened to Diablo 3 and now the recently released Sim City has gotten so bad that they've had to turn 'non critical' gameplay features OFF so people can actually get out of queues and play the damn game. And that's even to play the single player game!! It's just a stupid practice, because you're never going to test it with that many users to be able to cope on Day One release, and you'll just hit problems like these.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #2369 on: March 08, 2013, 08:52:51 PM »
I want an Xbox just to play this game

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2370 on: March 10, 2013, 03:04:26 AM »
After all the server load shenanigans gets sorted out at EA does anyone wanna start a multiplayer region... or whatever its called where multiple people create cities next to eachother that can trade and stuff?

JPHiPLand would be pretty sweet.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2371 on: March 11, 2013, 04:02:06 AM »
Sleeping Dogs is $10 on Steam right now for the next 14 hours. It's good fun and well worth it for $10 if you we're holding off for a sale or on the fence in general.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2372 on: March 12, 2013, 04:56:18 PM »
I'm just pity posting so that Forth doesn't get 3 in a row.

SIMS RULE!

LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #2373 on: March 12, 2013, 07:25:30 PM »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2374 on: March 15, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »

What? :sweatdrop:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2375 on: March 16, 2013, 02:24:10 PM »
I finished Metal Gear Rising!! Its such a good game. My only gripes are the camera, which can absolutely go crazy at times, which messes up your parrying and the somewhat limited move set. Any sub weapons you get replaces your swords heavy attack when it might have been better to map the sub weapon to the unused B button so it gives you more options.

But that's it, the rest of the game is perfection. The campaign is short but I took my time with it. I wish there was more but only because it was that good. And those boss battles! It's definitely a Metal Gear game in that it has amazing boss battles, with the end boss being suitably epic. I've seen people complain about it, saying it's too hard but I dunno. I guess they're just bad at the game? I didn't find it that hard but it was suitably challenging and varied for an end boss fight.I loved it.

Not even finished either, still need to buy all enhancements, get S rank in missions, multiple difficulties, VR missions and collectibles to find. And not to forget the DLC with more missions and campaign stuff with a playable Jetstream Sam and Blade Wolf. God I love this game.

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2376 on: March 18, 2013, 05:40:31 AM »
I'm obviously the fairy looking girl. The other one's my childhood friend. And the game's Elsword! XD :peace:

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #2377 on: March 19, 2013, 07:18:39 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2378 on: March 20, 2013, 12:43:00 AM »
Supergiant Games, the developers of Bastion, one of my favourite games this gen, possibly ever, released a trailer for their new awaited game Transistor. I'm loving what I see (and hear) already. I can't wait.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2379 on: March 20, 2013, 04:22:20 AM »
^ You and me both. I am rarely a fan of whole development teams, but I am a big fan of Supergiant.

Also, Jen Zee, the art director, is super cute in person.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Sistar - Stay I Love You