JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nananine - Face to Face

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009884 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2660 on: November 24, 2013, 06:22:55 PM »
That's amazeballs 8)
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2661 on: November 25, 2013, 07:57:59 AM »
That's so neat and tidy!!!! .. mine are 2 rows deep and all over the place ;___;

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2662 on: November 26, 2013, 05:33:11 PM »
Finally sacked myself a Ps3 during amazon's Cyber Monday  :twothumbs
It's the ugly Super Slim, which I'm not a big fan of, but the price was unbeatable and in the end I stare at the TV while playing and not the console.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2663 on: November 29, 2013, 08:12:47 AM »
Bought a couple of games from the Steam sale. I finished Gone Home and thought it was great. So satisfied by the ending.

Next up, Stanley Parable.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2664 on: December 01, 2013, 12:31:33 AM »
I was playing Metal Gear Rising earlier and after many tries (so many..) I was playing as Sam and was able to beat Sen Armstrong, on Hard, without getting hit once! :w00t: It's incredibly hard to do so I was pretty excited about that. It's inspired me to beat him again, as Raiden, as well as defeat Monsoon without getting hit on Hard, another tall order that could be the death of me.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2665 on: December 01, 2013, 05:54:30 PM »
Here's my brand new Geek Station featuring SNES, N64, GC, Wii, WiiU & PS3:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2666 on: December 01, 2013, 06:01:05 PM »
nice!!!

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #2667 on: December 01, 2013, 06:53:29 PM »
Since Barrie and Masa are showing some of their stuff, here's some low quality phone photos of my messy non-tidied-up stuff :P

Crap I have under my telly:

PS3slim, Xbox360+HD-DVD drive, Wii, Dreamcast sitting on a fat PS2 (my slim one broke), Sega Saturn, turntable. Sitting underneath is an N64 and PC Engine. Asian version Xbox360 slim on the left as no room, and yes that is a walkman I have sitting there to occasionally listen to some tapes.
And the other pic is of my Mushihime-sama Futari arcade stick for the 360

Game shelves:

All my Cave games are sitting somewhere else and the shelves above are normal DVDs/blurays. Random old anime figures still there. One row current gen, next row PS2/Wii, three rows Dreamcast and bottom row other crap. My old MegaDrive is in a box at my mums, but those boxes would take up a lot of space. And that's a Guitar Hero: Metallica plastic guitar sitting there.

Portables:

Keep these on a different shelving unit. A few more PSP games are sitting somewhere else as ran out of room. I still love the still of the Game Boy Micro Famicon Edition and those BitGeneration games.

Chihiro

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2668 on: December 01, 2013, 08:00:43 PM »
...you have a spookily similar amount of consoles and even the exact same games as I have  :lol:

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #2669 on: December 01, 2013, 11:27:20 PM »
^ share your stuff then, pika!

There was this great videogame documentary on Channel 4 in the UK yesterday, I watched it on 4OD: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/charlie-brooker-videogames-changed-the-world/4od
That probably doesn't work outside the UK, but this YT vid might:

Charlie Brooker's How Videogames Changed the World

Chihiro

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2670 on: December 02, 2013, 07:25:56 PM »
Watched that too, it really was a great documentary. Covered pretty much all the important games that has shaped the industry. Granted there are a few exceptions, (Zelda got a brief mention, but stuff like Final Fantasy, Resident Evil etc didn't) but it was totally fine and could agree with all of the choices.

PS4 launched in Germany last week and...well...see for yourself how crazy it got :lol:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2671 on: December 03, 2013, 06:36:28 PM »
Jul, I will, but it's all messy right now, needs to be sorted out :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2672 on: December 06, 2013, 09:03:24 PM »
The continuing Battlefield 4 issues sounds really messed up. Game crashes, sound audio bugs, single player save files being deleted, 'small' patches of 600MB being released? They've even halted any development on DLC just to get the issues fixed. To have a AAA game such as this being released in such a state is, rather unfortunately, indicative of a wider problem in the industry where games that are released aren't properly finished or tested thoroughly. Yes it's great to live in an age now where identified bugs or performance of a game can be resolved with a patch that can be downloaded, it's a fantastic addition from the most recent generation. But sadly it seems like publishers rely on that a bit too much lately in an effort for games to meet release dates.

I'm convinced now that Yakuza 4 has the best mini games of any game I've ever played. Tried my hand at the Japanese gambling games and I thought I was gonna get lost like I was with Mahjong (I seriously need extra research before playing Mahjong cause I just dunno how to play it and the game doesn't do a great job at it). So I tried out a game called Oicho Kabu for a laugh and I ended up playing it for about an hour. It's the sickest mini game! Pretty much like Blackjack essentially (also in Yakuza 4) but I had a blast playing it.

It got me thinking about what it would be like if Yakuza took maybe the next logical step and added online multiplayer to it. You can create a character and enter the city as an upcoming Yakuza member of a family of your choosing and go around on missions and even team up with other players. You can maybe choose which martial arts style to use and unlock moves for as you gain XP. You can even initiate fights with other players for cash or XP. Everything you do can feed back into your own personal reputation level (which also acts as your character level) which will allow you to buy more items from stores and work your way up the Yakuza rankings. Everything you do can also adjust the reputation of the family you choose to side with and gain control over that area which will give you certain benefits like discounts off items or XP bonuses. Families can look to initiate control of the whole city, area by area, as more players within that family complete missions, defeat other players, buy businesses etc and have the families compete against each area for more control over the city, feeding into a collective effort. Plus you can play all the mini games with and against other players for fun, for money or to get your name up there on the online leaderboards.

Now try and tell me that doesn't sound cool?!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:46:10 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2673 on: December 13, 2013, 12:49:37 AM »
Decided to make a go of it and get up in the online leaderboards with Bull Hunter, a specific challenge for the Darts mini game in Yakuza 4. As you may have guessed, the idea is to get as many bulls eyes in a row as you can. Turns out, I've done well enough to be in the Overall Top 10!

Think I will keep trying to go even higher. I mean, a couple more darts and I can be in top 5 at least. Trying to get No.1 will be tough but I'm determined enough to go for it!

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2674 on: December 14, 2013, 03:25:51 AM »

Clem..... :cry:

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2675 on: December 18, 2013, 01:36:53 AM »
Bought and downloaded the first episode of The Walking Dead: Season 2. About 10-15 minutes into the game. Nice improvement to the game mechanics. More action-oriented than last season.

But the start of the episode......

FUCK YOU, TELLTALE GAMES!!!  :angry:

Not even 5 minutes into the game and I had to pause to calm down.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2676 on: December 18, 2013, 10:19:14 AM »

http://kotaku.com/36-years-of-console-prices-adjusted-for-inflation-1485353267 

Interesting stuff. Although was N64 really that much cheaper than PS1 & Saturn?  :confused:

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #2677 on: December 18, 2013, 09:58:28 PM »
Interesting stuff. Although was N64 really that much cheaper than PS1 & Saturn?  :confused:

Yeah, the Saturn was fucking expensive. I think within a month or two they dropped the price by about 100 quid. Not that I bought any of those three consoles, but I remember the N64 being dirt cheap compared to the other two - pretty much it was because of the CD drive, which is why Nintendo stuck to cartridges.

And wow - the PS3 and that new Xbox thing are expensive!!!

Chihiro

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2678 on: December 18, 2013, 10:24:09 PM »
Bought and downloaded the first episode of The Walking Dead: Season 2. About 10-15 minutes into the game. Nice improvement to the game mechanics. More action-oriented than last season.

But the start of the episode......

FUCK YOU, TELLTALE GAMES!!!  :angry:

Not even 5 minutes into the game and I had to pause to calm down.

Yeah seriously. 5 mins in and something like that happens. Fuck. :(

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2679 on: December 18, 2013, 11:19:07 PM »
Well, I'm done with 'All That Remains', episode 1 of The Walking Dead: Season 2. Another emotional roller-coaster ride.

To anyone else that's played or completed the first episode, what direction do you want Clementine to take? Do you want her to still be the little girl hiding in the tree house when Lee and her first met? Do you want her to follow what Lee has taught her? Or do you want her to be completely different?

And now I wait for episode 2 to be released next year.....

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nananine - Face to Face