JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hoover`s Ooover - Igoushitsuno Kankei

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009816 times)

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2680 on: December 22, 2013, 08:19:33 AM »
Gotta love the winter Steam sale. I'm ODing on games rn. XD

Played through the Lockpick's Story in Monaco, and now chugging through Fez, grinding in Torchlight II, and getting disoriented in Shattered Horizon.  :dizzy:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2681 on: December 25, 2013, 12:08:39 AM »
There's a crazy January sale on the EU PS store right now. Of all the ones I've seen, I'm really tempted by Ni no Kuni. An 80+ hr long JRPG from Level 5 (Dragon Quest VIII) and Studio Ghibli for £6.59. Aw geez. Could also go for DMC HD Collection and Okami HD too. Crazy sale.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2682 on: December 26, 2013, 12:52:21 PM »
I had borrowed Journey from my friend and last night, before I went to bed, I set up the Ps3 and installed the game, so I'd be ready to play in the morning. But then I thought I'd take a tiny peek at the game and ended up playing it through til 3.30 a.am. (I started around midnight)
What can I say, that hasn't been said about this game before. It's a fucking amazing experience. I had goosebumps several times and at the end I cried!!!
People who play this and claim they aren't touched in some way, have no soul! So, I said it.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2683 on: December 28, 2013, 03:26:36 AM »
Finished up Walking Dead Season 2 Ep. 1 and The Wolf Amongst Us Ep. 1

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2684 on: December 31, 2013, 02:22:51 AM »
Also finished the first episode of The Wolf Among Us before I leave for Canada. Probably shouldn't have read the first 5 volumes of Fables. Slightly spoiled but not enough to ruin the experience.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2685 on: January 01, 2014, 04:21:31 PM »
Got a few games from the PSN January sale after all.

- Ni No Kuni: Gorgeous looking game and incredibly charming. Reminds me of one of the most underrated games, Dark Cloud 2, and it's not so surprising considering that Level 5 made both. It's essentially a Studio Ghibli story with Dragon Quest mechanics. Not particularly challenging, yet, I am only 7 hrs in what is a massive game, but still enjoying it a lot. Mr Drippy is great.

- Okami HD: Another gorgeous game, even better than I remember it. It's one of those games that feels timeless.

- DMC HD Collection: Bit disappointed in this one actually. Let's get this out of the way though, it is absolutely worth the money for DMC3 alone. I love that game and when I booted up the first mission again, I was back in the swing of it and loving it. It's a masterpiece. My disappointment lies in returning back to DMC1. It's less forgiving then I like and feels a lot more...rigid. The semi fixed camera can often lead to you getting hit outside of view by enemies throwing projectiles. There's fewer combos and the style ranking itself is really unforgiving. If you're not constantly on the attack then your A combo just goes and you're back to D ranking. It's hard to keep a good combo going. Also some really annoying enemy types like the Shadows or the Reapers which you have to rely on your guns to kill and in DMC1 especially, the guns were just never really that interesting or fun to use. I know it's an early PS2 game, the first in the series which has been refined since, it'll just take time for me to dial it down and get back in the swing of it. With the HD collection itself, they upped the resolution and made the gameplay widescreen but they didn't redo the textures so wide shots still look nice but if you pay close attention to the carpet or something it just doesn't look good in 1080p. Also they have no treatment to FMV or any of the original game menu's, which are stuck at 4:3, with these horrendous black borders covering most of the screen.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2686 on: January 05, 2014, 03:52:06 AM »
Watching the Gamecenter CX in Budokan SP.
We had girl idols playing janken there every year. Only needed time before a guy started playing video games there too. :P

Get it here:
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=search&cats=0_0&filter=0&term=%09Game+Center+CX

Or watch on youtube (The remaining parts 2-8 are on the same channel):

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2687 on: January 05, 2014, 01:39:15 PM »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2688 on: January 05, 2014, 06:47:54 PM »
Having a blast with Sleeping Dogs!!! I had thought about getting it for christmas, now I'm glad I've waited.
Usually I'm not a fan of GTA type games, too much to do, I get distracted at every corner, but Sleeping Dogs just hits the right nerve with me.

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #2689 on: January 06, 2014, 02:48:55 AM »
Having a blast with Sleeping Dogs!!! I had thought about getting it for christmas, now I'm glad I've waited.
Usually I'm not a fan of GTA type games, too much to do, I get distracted at every corner, but Sleeping Dogs just hits the right nerve with me.

It's sooooooo goooooooooood. XD I powered through that to finish the story.  Yet I haven't still beaten GTA IV...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2690 on: January 12, 2014, 11:38:26 AM »
Congratulations to those involved at the Amazing Games Done Quick event. By doing some incredible feats of gaming skill and speed running, they received donations of over $1m towards the prevent cancer foundation. A great achievement for sure. For me, of all the feats I've seen thus far, the most impressive has to be someone who not only attempts to play Mike Tysons Punch Out blindfolded, but also trying to complete it as quickly as possible. Insane.

These guys do a 2 controller world record speedrun of Goldeneye. SOLID BABY!

« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 07:15:30 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2691 on: January 18, 2014, 05:06:26 PM »
A clip of me playing GRID 2. Didn't feel so bad crashing my car when my racing opponent did this afterwards.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2692 on: January 18, 2014, 07:33:45 PM »
New dlc for The Last of Us, The Last of Us: Left Behind.

Tried to pre-order on the PSN but it I couldn't since I bought the season pass.  :?

On the bright side, I guess I know what I'll be doing on Valentines Day, yelling at Naughty Dog for playing with my emotions once again.  :lol:

Still need to read the comic, The Last of Us: American Dreams, though.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2693 on: January 20, 2014, 07:43:08 PM »
My favourite part in Skyrim is how I'm supposed to be a badass Mage, but whenever I have to battle another badass Mage I end up slashing and dicing them with a dagger like an idiot. :D (This is also how I became an arch mage.)
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2694 on: January 22, 2014, 10:42:15 PM »
In the most ridiculous piece of gaming news so far in 2014, possibly for the whole year, the makers of Candy Crush Saga have trademarked the word 'candy'. Ok, let's be fair there are some obvious Candy Crush clones out on the marketplace looking to cash in on the popularity of it (ignoring the fact that Candy Crush itself is a clone of Bejeweled but whatever), but this lawsuit doesn't go against just those clones but seemingly against any game that uses the words 'candy' 'crush' or 'saga'. I mean they've taken legal action against a new game The Banner Saga for use of the word saga!

A firm "Notice of Opposition" has been filed with the US Patent and Trademark Office on behalf of King suggesting that "The Banner Saga mark is confusingly and deceptively similar to Opposer's previously used Saga Marks."

It further adds "The use and registration by Applicant of the mark The Banner Saga for Applicant's goods is likely to cause confusion or to cause mistake or deception in the trade, and among purchasers and potential purchasers, with Opposer's Saga Marks, again resulting in damage to Opposer."

Yeh, except customers are hardly going to get confused when they see that one game is a turn-based strategy affair featuring Norse vikings while the other is a casual puzzler about using colourful sweets!

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2695 on: January 23, 2014, 04:53:33 AM »
^ SEGA board meeting: Hey. Maybe we should also join in on the fun. It's not like we're making games anymore. :P

Saga... Sega.. get it? :lol: (i'll go hide in a corner now...)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2696 on: January 26, 2014, 01:55:44 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnLJwa69xo-30jEw817bxWyTBZX3zv217

Finished my Bioshock 1 walkthrough!!!

Yes I know I do everything wrong and I suck.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2697 on: January 26, 2014, 08:45:15 PM »
Best way to describe this game is Lord of the Rings meets Assassins Creed. Sounds like it has a number of interesting systems on top of that too. Consider me interested.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2698 on: January 27, 2014, 10:53:25 PM »
I've been toying with the idea in my head for a while now, but I decided to write my thoughts on Spec Ops : The Line. A genuinely surprising game on a soldier's descent into madness which also works as a genre satire. Fascinating and at times incredibly dark which can only work by the nature of it being an interactive medium. Hope you enjoy.

Weathering the Storm - Spec Ops : The Line

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2699 on: January 31, 2014, 08:10:47 PM »
Cleaned out my email inbox and found a DLC code for Batman Arkham Origins for Ps3. I had totally forgotten about it.
I can't even remember what it's for, I think it was something Robin related, maybe a costume.
To make it short, I have no use for it, so if anyone wants it, pm me!

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hoover`s Ooover - Igoushitsuno Kankei