JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Irony

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007393 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1900 on: April 02, 2012, 08:13:21 PM »
I like the sound ofDragon's Dogma lately. It apparently has the open world structure of Skyrim but with the combat of Dark Souls, with a little bit of Shadow of the Colossus creature climbing thrown in there for good measure. It's come a long way since it was first announced and when you throw all that together then it sounds like many people's dream game. Including me.

I really do like the sound of how they're approaching the change from day into night in this game. Rather than just a colour palette swap and maybe a few harder enemies emerging, it literally gets pitch black. If you're not in a city and out in the wilderness then you're not going to be able to see the environment in front of you unless you have torches or something but apparently that only lets you see so far. And of course, all the worse enemies come out at night wanting to kill you. I think it's cool that the gameplay almost switches entirely into this survival horror esque game at night. Where there was once light and safety and reason, now turns into night, the antithesis of that, where everything is against you and you must struggle to survive.

Of course, it all sounds a little too good to be true at this point. Will be happy to be proved wrong though. Anyways, the spells look pretty sweet:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1901 on: April 02, 2012, 09:52:18 PM »
playstation plus is offereing a few old school games for free  :twothumbs  got a sly cooper game (never played them before), altered beast, fatal inertia, golden axe, super street fighter 2 turbo, um jammer lammy ( XD ) and they're offering a hueg discount on several tom clancy games (splinter cell and rainbox six vegas)  :cow:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1902 on: April 03, 2012, 09:54:17 PM »
The Devil May Cry HD Collections is out now?! That sneaked up on me! Will be getting that for sure.

I can't decide whether this is the best or worst thing on Star Wars Kinect or just the Kinect in general :lol:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1903 on: April 03, 2012, 11:11:39 PM »
 :fainted: WHYYYYYYYYYY

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1904 on: April 04, 2012, 12:21:41 AM »

XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1905 on: April 04, 2012, 11:45:03 PM »
Looking up some of the other songs you can dance to on Star Wars Kinect are just hilarious. Hologram Girl (Hollaback Girl), Empire Today (YMCA) or the really tenuously titled Princess in a Battle (Genie in a Bottle). Just....really bad :lol:

Begrudged gamers show their rage once again, by voting EA as the Worst Company of 2012. Worse than Bank of America? Really? I think illegally foreclosing on people's homes is somehow just a tiny bit worse than too much DLC. But still, it's an Internet poll, and despite how much they complain, they still end up buying EA's goods and services anyway so more fool them.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1906 on: April 04, 2012, 11:56:10 PM »
i lent rainbow six vegas 2 and left 4 dead 2 to my friend, and he let me borrow skate 3  :twothumbs

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1907 on: April 05, 2012, 10:57:23 PM »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #1908 on: April 06, 2012, 04:00:12 AM »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1909 on: April 06, 2012, 11:12:22 AM »
^ lol...i'm seriously thinking about getting one of those game capture devices...me & my friend were talking about playing skate 3 in freeskate or whatever, and just record our playing sessions, and then going back and making our own little skating videos from what we recorded, with music and everything  XD since we both used to skateboard in high school we used to watch those skating videos (on vhs even lol) all the time, and i thought it would be pretty cool to make our own from the game footage, since neither of us were very good skaters in real life lol plus video cameras were still pretty expensive so we never really got to film ourselves skating back then lol

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1910 on: April 08, 2012, 01:51:09 AM »
Got LA Noire the complete edition for $19.99.  Pretty good so far.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1911 on: April 08, 2012, 02:02:18 AM »
I've got FF-XIII and XIII-2 sitting on my table. Not sure when I'll be able to find time for them though.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1912 on: April 08, 2012, 02:32:57 PM »
This is cool. A screenshot from Mirror's Edge right?

Nope, it's from Minecraft.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1913 on: April 08, 2012, 02:40:16 PM »
Finally bought a PSP. An old, pre-owned PSP 1000 for about $54 after using store credit from trading in a few games. Other than planning to get Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep I have no other games to consider getting.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1914 on: April 08, 2012, 04:02:39 PM »
Nice one Hart! The PSP is a really underrated system you know, especially if you want to find some good JRPG's. I'll throw a few games out there that you may want to consider:

- Persona 3 Portable (it's Persona 3, with all the battle adjustments from 4. Can't go wrong)

- FFVII : Crisis Core (a must play if you're a FFVII fan. Delves deeper into the story of Zach and has a great combat system with a staggering number of challenges and unlockables to collect. Also full of nostalgic moments with a great story.)

- Dissidia Duodecim (a must if you're a FF fan period. Packed to the disc with FF fanservice and even more unlockables and content.)

- Tactics Ogre : Let Us Cling Together (an incredibly hardcore yet accessible strategy RPG with a story that's as rich and complex as something like A Game of Thrones.)

- Lumines (one of the best puzzle games ever made)

There are demos for these (I think) on the PSN so I would recommend you try and play them, if not look up a few reviews on Youtube or something. Also don't forget that as you have access to the PSN and assuming you have a big enough memory stick, you can also buy PS1 games and download them to your memory stick. I have FFVII and FFVIII on mine but also looking at even getting Resident Evil 2 or 3 on it as well.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #1915 on: April 08, 2012, 05:25:36 PM »
^ There's also the possibility of getting a custom firmware so I can play some ISOs or homebrew games. But I don't want to risk getting a bricked PSP early on.

Already thought about getting Dissidia, maybe either Persona 1 or 2, and FFVII: Crisis Core (with the original if I download it). Also thought about getting Chrono Trigger.

But before I start buy/downloading these games, I need to save up for a 3DS and a copy of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. Since I got my old GBA SP running again, I don't need my DS to play Chain of Memories. Might as well trade that in to help pay for the 3DS.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1916 on: April 10, 2012, 07:54:51 AM »
changing all my clantags to RIKA  :rikabunny :rikabunny :rikabunny :rikabunny :rikabunny :rockon: :cool1: :on asmo:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1917 on: April 10, 2012, 11:28:16 AM »
Kinect Star Wars is the No.1 game this week on the UK multiformat chart. The first Kinect game to do so. Have to laugh :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1918 on: April 11, 2012, 02:28:02 PM »
Here's a really sweet short film on a kid building a cardboard arcade

changing all my clantags to RIKA  :rikabunny :rikabunny :rikabunny :rikabunny :rikabunny :rockon: :cool1: :on asmo:

I may play about and change mine to ACKY! Or YUMA! Or S1!

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1919 on: April 11, 2012, 11:54:30 PM »
just changed mine to AIRI to celebrate her birthday  :cow:

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Irony