JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - I Am

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1004830 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1940 on: April 20, 2012, 11:03:40 PM »

Read what the secret dream is at 0:47 :lol:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1941 on: April 21, 2012, 12:12:56 AM »
^ haha, you beat me to it, I was just about to post this trailer XD
If this game is not going to be awesome then I don't know what is.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1942 on: April 21, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »
played thru the demo of sniper elite...seems like it might be pretty cool - i normally don't care for ww2 games but i liked this

also getting a bit better at skullgirls (it seems to be a bit more difficult than the streetfighter games (i think i really need to get a fight stick asap)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:45:24 PM by john_hung »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1943 on: April 21, 2012, 02:49:59 PM »
Always liked the idea of Skullgirls tutorial mode, wanted it to do well as a result. But then I heard that there is no moves list in the game? That it asks you to visit a URL for it? Why? Why? WHYYYYYYYYYYY?

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1944 on: April 21, 2012, 11:33:12 PM »
^ yeah you download a pdf with the moves and backstory of each girl...but tbh the moves are pretty standard sf move inputs...almost passed filia's story - the last girl is really difficult  :angry: peacock is really hard also

lol i finally bought snoopy flying ace - aside from having to get used to manuevering a plane, it seems pretty fun - some levels are races, some are little battles...pretty fun

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1945 on: April 22, 2012, 12:59:31 PM »
^ Tell me how the solo campaign in Snoopy is. I tried the demo once, but the online mode was unplayable for me, I had like 20 frames per minute(!), probably not enough bandwidth, don't know. I think solo campaign was not available in the demo as far as I remember.

Ok, just for the record, we played Burnout Revenge (Road Rage Mode), which is lame because you only have two cars and one track at the beginning and then Street FighterXTekken, which was fun and made me feel like I was a Beat'em Up Pro XD
The rental shop didn't have Rayman Origins for Xbox, we'll try it next time on Wii.
Next some Portal 2 Co-op, with four smoking brains we only managed two test chambers, a bit embarassing. maybe we weren't drunk enough.
Then finished with Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Beijing version) on Wii, it was surprisingly fun and exhausting, the only spear throw I managed to land in the field got me a new world record, harharhar.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1946 on: April 22, 2012, 10:29:19 PM »
right as i was starting to feel a tad bit confortable with the ps3 controls for future soldier beta, the server craps out  :doh:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1947 on: April 23, 2012, 12:29:37 AM »
Playing lots of Final Fantasy XIII today. I was turned off by the initial fanrage, but I'm quite enjoying it so far. Goal is to beat it before I go home at the beginning of June.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1948 on: April 23, 2012, 02:46:18 AM »

Cant believe he didn't have Shepard's "I'll relinquish one bullet" line.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1949 on: April 23, 2012, 04:44:16 PM »

Been playing Botanicula, the latest game from Amanita Design. In the usual Amanita style, it's a quirky point-n-click adventure, chock full of neat little animations and beautiful, wacky scenery. First I was bummed Tomas Dvorak (Machinarium) wouldn't be scoring this one, but the soundscape in Botanicula is hilarious and very fitting to the organic theme. The frog choir, one-plant-band... priceless stuff.

It's trippy and bizarre, and it's made me smile a whole damn lot. Heartily recommended, and a must-have for anyone who's into Amanita's earlier games.

--

I guess for now it's only available in the Humble Botanicula Bundle, still available for a while. It also has Machinarium, which I've gushed about before and a couple of other games, Samorost 2 and Windosill. One would assume they'll add another game to it before the deal is over.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1950 on: April 23, 2012, 06:58:47 PM »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1951 on: April 25, 2012, 08:52:05 PM »
me and my friend have been enjoying the snoopy game - the single player missions are pretty cool...one mission might be a ring race (you have to fly thru rings in the air), one will be a dogfight battle, and then there will be defend the   base type missions and you unlock different planes and weapons. i like it. but we've also been playing trials evolution - AWESOME game - even if you're not into motocross or any of that...very pleased with this game

Offline xyish

• Masuda's bitch
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • :3
« Reply #1952 on: April 29, 2012, 10:11:31 PM »
So I played some Guild Wars 2 Beta this weekend, and just remembered to take screenshots! Missed most of gaming, this is just me screwing around. Click for fullsize.

The new Lion's Arch is beautiful. Wish you were here!

Dem dark clouds.

Sure hope it doesn't rain... or do I?

This sure looks safe

I am prepared

Last couple spins before hitting the water

Omake

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:58:48 AM by xyish »

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1953 on: May 01, 2012, 07:06:49 PM »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #1954 on: May 02, 2012, 04:56:32 PM »

Best otome game ever! x3 I played it and I liked the story of it!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1955 on: May 03, 2012, 06:01:50 AM »
This sure looks safe
That just about made me spit my soda out my nose.  :lol:

I didn't even know Minecraft comes out for xbla next week. o_O I'm guessing it will shatter all the sales records there. Although I heard the world generation isn't endless and no texture packs, player skins or Mods. :( It's only the features up to beta 1.6. So no NPCs, improved Biomes, hunger, enchanting, Enderman, pistons and a million other things that came in the last year.

I'll probably buy it anyways because Minecraft owns me like that (plus it's got 4 player split screen co-op! and it runs 60fps on fancy, my laptop gets like 30-40 on simple if I'm lucky. :/)

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1956 on: May 03, 2012, 08:33:11 PM »
Finished Metal Gear Peace Walker. Turned out more fun than I expected. I don't think people would've mind if it was called MGS5, since it was on par with the main series.
And the story got a little touching by the end, with Big Boss's struggle to understand why The Boss defected.

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1957 on: May 05, 2012, 10:39:49 AM »
I set myself a challenge to gain one level per hour in Dofus today. Well, 20 minutes left and I haven't even started training yet :)

Offline qcumbird

• ecchi
« Reply #1958 on: May 05, 2012, 03:58:51 PM »

Camping for this game  XD

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #1959 on: May 05, 2012, 05:46:37 PM »

Happy 20th, Wolfenstein!

id software:
We'll be celebrating Wolf 3D's 20th birthday next week, with a full cache of presents you won't want to miss. Get Psyched!

https://www.facebook.com/idsoftware/posts/10150874648812090
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 09:24:29 PM by nimrod »
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hitomi - I Am