JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - AMARYLLIS

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007515 times)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2140 on: October 03, 2012, 10:19:15 PM »
passed the dlc campaign - it was very uneventful, to the point of seeming like there's still more to come (hopefully in a future dlc pack)...it was like that's it? lol so i've just been playing guerilla mode

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #2141 on: October 03, 2012, 11:32:20 PM »
I submitted a question to the 4PlayerPodcast and it got read out on the latest podcast! It's right at 90 mins if you want to hear. My question was:

Are there any games from this current generation that you would consider to be the best in its genre or could even be considered as one of the best games of all time?

I suggested Bayonetta to sort of get the ball rolling and on what they should think of. Nice enough question right? The other guys seemed to think so too, but I had a hunch Brad would have an issue with it because...he's a dickhead.

And I was right! "Best in it's genre, what does that even mean?" Um...exactly what it says Brad, no more, no less. Don't know why he has to over analyse or be pedantic about everything. He tried to defend himself by going on about how games these days sort of blend genres and that my question avoided PC games. It didn't, but I had hoped they would all understand my question was all encompassing for them to include any game released between the launch of the 360/PS3/Wii to now. Besides, his answers of great PC games this gen were FEAR and Half Life 2. Both great games, just not released in this current gen. Silly Brad. Other answers like Red Dead Redemption or COD4 were answers I could agree with.

Also Nick pronounced Ballymena wrong :lol:

Guess I may as well extend the question out to you guys as well. Are there any recent games you've played this gen that you would consider to be one of the greatest ever games?

I would say

-Mario Galaxy 1&2 are easily the best 3D platformers of all time. So beautiful, such joy, creativity and variety in gameplay. Rayman Origins is also up there with the best 2D platformers :heart:
-Bioshock and Orange Box/Ep.2/Portal/TF2 are also the pinnacle of their genres imo
-Then there are some that are pretty flawed by nature but still tops for me like The Fallout games, Mass Effect and Dragon Age
-Some games that kind of created their own genre like Minecraft with the sandbox/survival/building, Mirrors Edge with first person platforming/free running

Edit: wow just saw Cliffy B is leaving Epic. Finally going to the dark side and joining id? : (

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 12:08:16 AM by zoolander »

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2142 on: October 04, 2012, 07:57:45 PM »
Why can't game companies just do a pre-order deal with season passes? Like include them with the game and make it like 70 bucks.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2143 on: October 06, 2012, 10:05:53 PM »
MOH warfighter beta is pretty cool

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2144 on: October 07, 2012, 11:57:47 AM »

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2145 on: October 07, 2012, 03:14:14 PM »
Are there any games from this current generation that you would consider to be the best in its genre or could even be considered as one of the best games of all time?
Werd, Borderlands 2 is surely the pinnacle of the Futuristic Diablo FPS - genre! :P

Hahahaa, Gaige the Mechromancer, the upcoming playable character in BL2, has a twitter account now. :lol:

Anyone else completely mesmerized by Borderlands 2?
Aye, this shit is BL1 on steroids... an improved experience in every possible way.

Oh man I felt so rewarded after doing the side-quest for this amazing weapon...  XD
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:27:08 PM by Stryfe »

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #2146 on: October 07, 2012, 07:10:06 PM »
Mang, I loved the original Borderlands, but I gotta admit it wore a little thin towards the end... It had some difficulty keeping my interest. Borderlands 2 though is a whole different beast. Or to put it more accurately, as Kobe Bryant would say, it's the same animal, but a different beast :P

It really is one of the best examples in recent memory of a developer taking everything that was good about the original and polishing it up to near perfection--Uncharted 2 being the other immediate example that comes to mind.

There are so many little things about this game they did better, but for me it all really stems from the originality of the dialog and the narrative and the way it keeps me interested in what I'm doing, beyond just doing it for the loot. I've put more time into Borderlands 2 than I expected. I'm nearly done with the main story on 360 and I still have the PC version, which I plan to run through, probably a few times.

On a slightly less positive note... I've been playing Resident Evil 6. Yikes. I'm a little uncertain about this game. My initial impression was terrible. I'd go on and on about this game's flaws, but I'm sure one of the many negative reviews already got this covered. In a nutshell it's just a bit of a sloppy clunky over ambitious mess. The weird part, though, is how much fun I've had with it these last few days (possibly at the game's expense). The difference in enjoyment when playing alone vs playing with a friend as well as with infinite Magnum ammo equipped was monumental :lol:.

Many of the game's problems are at a fundamental level, problems with the AI dragging you from stun animation to stun animation, responding badly to your attacks and just ignoring your actions and taking control away from you to give you one QTE zombie beating after another. Most of this is remedied with a slightly overpowered infinite ammo gun :P. Some call it cheating or ruining the experience, I call it turning a shitty experience into a decent one XD. A human co-op partner is also way more useful than the AI, but the REAL fun comes from having someone to laugh at all the broken moments with :lol:
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2147 on: October 07, 2012, 08:06:39 PM »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2148 on: October 08, 2012, 03:40:42 AM »
Played a little bit of resident evil 6.  Lot of reviewer complaints is that it doesn't feel like resident evil anymore and its just an action game now.

I don't mind one bit.  I'm having a blast.

Btw, anyone have a bitgamer account who wants to send me an invite?

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2149 on: October 08, 2012, 06:07:50 AM »
Ep. 2 of The Walking Dead was intense!

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2150 on: October 08, 2012, 02:19:11 PM »
Made a horde character today. There's still 18 levels for the ally to grind tho. XD

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #2151 on: October 08, 2012, 09:37:59 PM »
Btw, anyone have a bitgamer account who wants to send me an invite?

I've got one that I most likely will not make use of. Just gimme the email to send it to and I'd gladly hook you up :P
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2152 on: October 08, 2012, 10:13:08 PM »
Ep. 2 of The Walking Dead was intense!

They just announced that episode 4 comes out this week. On the 10th I believe.

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #2153 on: October 09, 2012, 01:41:36 AM »
Just some fruits of my labor in BL2:

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:50:41 PM by Stryfe »
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2154 on: October 09, 2012, 06:29:21 PM »
I can't wait for the Mechromancer next week. She's going to be absolutely aw- OH FUCK IT'S OUT

:cow:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2155 on: October 10, 2012, 09:44:34 AM »
i think i shall try the frag fx shark with moh warfighter....

it seems i've sung moh's praises much too early - it's starting to feel exactly like mw3 but without the perks which makes it even worse...i think i'm cancelling my pre-orders for this and black ops - fuck this shit i'd rather airsoft where i can actually shoot the other person for real this is bullshit
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 10:58:45 AM by john_hung »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2156 on: October 10, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »
The world will end when john_hung is no longer entertained by shooters :o

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2157 on: October 10, 2012, 10:49:46 PM »
omg.... o__o what's bl2 :shocked: (no, must not look into it! :grin: )

yesss now for the dungeons to raise reputation with Kirin Tor :twisted:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2158 on: October 10, 2012, 11:57:50 PM »
the thing that is pissing me off with moh is the fact that i'll get the drop on someone, start lighting him up, and of course he's not dying, then he turns around and kills me with like only a few shots...and it happenes A LOT...if that's how the multiplayer will be in the final version then i'm not gonna bother with it. i don't bother with the multiplayer in future soldier, but i've been playing the guerilla mode, and they've been releasing more maps for guerrila mode so the game still holds my interest. if moh doesn't have anything like that then i'm not sure it's worth the full 60 bucks.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #2159 on: October 12, 2012, 03:14:54 AM »
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - AMARYLLIS