JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Oh Niku

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007417 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2200 on: November 12, 2012, 11:54:53 PM »
Got Forza Horizon today. Pretty cool game even in single player, haven't tried out multiplayer yet. But the 'story' though? Ughhhhh. Hipster douchebag rivals that are just uninteresting and actually rather cliched and annoying. However, it does make me want to beat them at races so maybe it's working? :lol:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2201 on: November 13, 2012, 08:10:36 PM »
Just finished Resonance of Fate 100%, 1000 GS kaching!!!  :lol:
I dumped 159 h into this thing plus at least 10 h more that aren't showing, because I was loading a save file instead of making a new try on a battle ingame. Only during the last five hours or so, when I was making my way through the bonus dungeon, I realised that I could have saved so much time and spared my nerves, if I only had used special ammo and granades more often. I only started using granades towards the end of the game and the special ammo I never used at all during the main playthrough. Also I just realised that the special bonus battles that appeared in each chapter actually stay on the map til the end of the game! The whole time I thought, I had to do them in the chapter that they appeared on the map, and that they would vanish if I moved on to the next chapter. So I could have spared those fights til the end of the game, when I had a much higher level.
Well at least I feel accomplished and had a good time, it's not that I'm regretting the time I spent, I just feel a bit stupid XD

Did you have similar experiences with a game? You only realised at the end, that you could have had a much easier time, if only you used the game mechanics right?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2202 on: November 13, 2012, 09:07:53 PM »
Did you have similar experiences with a game? You only realised at the end, that you could have had a much easier time, if only you used the game mechanics right?

Yes, just right now with RoF! Those bonus battles don't disappear?! So relieved to hear that, I thought I was crazy underlevelled for those fights or that I was really missing out on a particular game mechanic or something.

Congrats on beating it! I still have yet to do so even though I got it before you XD Should get back into it someday. And Tales of Vesperia. And XIII-2...

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2203 on: November 14, 2012, 08:12:49 AM »
^ yeah, only the ones marked as sidequests disappear when you go to the next chapter, so them you have to do within the chapter if you want to do all the sidequests. But the normal ones without an exclamation mark stay on the map.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2204 on: November 16, 2012, 08:11:01 PM »
^ That's it, this weekend, I'm gonna play it again :D

The more I read and see about the new rebooted Devil May Cry, the more I die a little inside. I mean, have you ever seen an easier SSS ranking in your life?

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2205 on: November 16, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »
Assassin's Creed 3 for $35 on Black Friday (Best Buy).  I'll definitely stand in line for an hour again.

Dead or Alive 5 is going for $30 at Gamestop.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2206 on: November 16, 2012, 11:02:39 PM »
Got my copy of DOA5 today, four hours later finished the storymode.
If anyone is looking for a easy victim to wipe the floor with in an online match, just give a shout out XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2207 on: November 17, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »
Was surprised to find that the demo for Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed was really good! Getting great reviews too, looks like it's a really nice bit of fanservice for Sega fans. Apparently, the producer of Skies of Arcadia saw the SoA track and was moved to tears by how awesome it was. Apparently, in the final lap, the track gives way so that everyone is flying in and dodging airships. That sounds great! :w00t: There's no Ryo from Shenmue though  :thumbdown:

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #2208 on: November 19, 2012, 03:37:36 AM »
Been watching ProJared's livestream of Wii U gameplay and I'm pretty much wanting a Wii U now, too bad it's waaaaay out of my buying range. :nervous

So far, NintendoLand and ZombiU are pretty great games.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #2209 on: November 20, 2012, 09:19:04 PM »

Offline paraspam

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2210 on: November 21, 2012, 03:07:35 AM »
I've been playing a bit of PlanetSide 2 but I don't even know what I'm doing.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2211 on: November 21, 2012, 08:54:34 PM »
"Mirror's Edge 2 is in production at DICE"

HELLZ YEAH!  XD

Finally a real confirmation

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2212 on: November 21, 2012, 09:36:29 PM »
Tried the demo for the new Devil May Cry reboot. Everythings seems that it suggest it would be a compotent action game, but it's just not a Devil May Cry game that I know and love. The gameplay might resemble it, but if I'm playing as a hipster meth-head, then it's just not the experience I'm going for. The old DMC gameplay is fantastic, and one of the main draws of the series, of course, but it's only part of an overall experience. Cut out the other important elements and replace them with something completely different, and that appeal diminishes.

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2213 on: November 22, 2012, 12:12:49 AM »
Concidering buying DS and doubutsu no mori or whatever it's called, the new game. XD
Also dammit miss my GTA san andreas which I left in Finland :(
Playing Runescape again XDDDDD omg so many nice games :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #2214 on: November 23, 2012, 09:33:58 AM »
Been slowly trying to get into playing Guild Wars 2 for my brother's sake (he bought the game for me via his credit card reward points).  All I have to say is that it feels like an F2P MMO.  It's much different than its predecessor in both graphics and mechanics.  The server system isn't so bad except for the fact that my brother is playing on a server that's always FULL and he really wants me to transfer over.

In other news, I just finished the new Borderlands 2 DLC.  After playing for an explosive few hours, I'm starting to incorporate "Torgue-isms" into my daily vernacular.  GET ON MY LEVEL, SON!!!!
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2215 on: November 23, 2012, 10:03:13 AM »
Due to this Steam sale, I bought FTL, Hotline Miami, and the Gods and Kings expansion for Civ 5.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2216 on: November 23, 2012, 06:41:40 PM »
^ holler at me in Steam if you wanna play Civ.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2217 on: November 23, 2012, 11:34:18 PM »
Very, very excited to see the rave reviews Far Cry 3 has been getting. An expansive, open world shooter set on a tropical island, which you can approach in any way you see fit with XP to earn and sidequests to achieve? Sign me up. This sounds amazing.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2218 on: November 23, 2012, 11:41:54 PM »
Very, very excited to see the rave reviews Far Cry 3 has been getting. An expansive, open world shooter set on a tropical island, which you can approach in any way you see fit with XP to earn and sidequests to achieve? Sign me up. This sounds amazing.

Yep! It's at the top of my list to buy when I get a new PC. :)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2219 on: November 24, 2012, 12:01:01 AM »
Got Saints Row the Third Full Package for $25, courtesy of Black Friday

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - Oh Niku