JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Candy House

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007337 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2800 on: May 28, 2014, 12:34:42 AM »
Not sure if this belongs in the retro gaming thread or what, but whatever xD;

Every week now for the last month, me and my friends have been getting together to play old point and click adventure games. We've previously played through Maniac Mansion, Day of the Tentacle, and all of these classic LucasArts games - these last couple of weeks we played through Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers (easily one of my favourite adventure games, this was my third time playing through it). Finished it today, and it's just uuuugh. Such a good game.

If you haven't heard about it before, I would urge you to look it up, and if possible, give it a try. You can play it using dosbox and other tricks like that. The backstory and the voice acting in this game is just absolutely brilliant. Tim Curry as a smug as fuck writer/detective, the story is set in New Orleans, so he talks with a southern accent. So ridiculously fantastic, I just can't :D

Having recently been fangirling about True Detective, I kept spotting similarities all through the game, which made this playthrough feel fresh somehow :lol:

The second game in the series is a FMV game, which unfortunately makes it seem extremely dated and inaccessible, more so than the first game, I would say. I love the second game a lot too, though. FMV and all (IT'S THE FUTURE~~~~ .... shhh), but the main gripe is of course that Tim Curry is not there to reprise his role as Gabriel :( I'm not sure I'll be able to convince the rest of the group to give the second Gabriel Knight game a go, but I hope they'll go along with it.

Yay for adventure games~~~

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2801 on: May 28, 2014, 08:42:05 AM »
I used to go to my friends house in high school and we used to play games like day of the tenticle and monkey island and his mom sliced up some melons for us XD

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2802 on: May 28, 2014, 06:20:33 PM »

In other news, Wolfenstein should arrive today.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2803 on: May 29, 2014, 11:20:43 PM »
Bastion seems to be a bit buggy for me, both for and against my advantage.
First it didn't give me the achievement for doing 50% of the vigils.
Then on the training grounds for the shield, where you had to have max. 2 hits for first place, I got first place with 3 hits!

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2804 on: May 30, 2014, 02:26:03 AM »
Oo I have that game too on my steam list, but haven't played it yet!

I beat the 3rd season 2 ep of Walking Dead too and I didn't like it much or remember much about it ^^
Felt really short and pointless  :smhid

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2805 on: May 30, 2014, 06:04:40 AM »
Bought Bastion about 2 days ago during a sale on steam. Somewhat buggy while using the keyboard & mouse configuration. Sucks that it can't recognize my logitech controller.  :smhid

Do want to try Transistor. Too bad I can't play it on PS3.  :(

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2806 on: May 30, 2014, 09:37:30 AM »
Transistor is on Steam.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2807 on: May 30, 2014, 11:08:31 PM »
That sucks to hear about technical issues about Bastion. I hope they get sorted out because it's a great game. Plays well, looks great, sounds even better (that soundtrack is amazing btw) and tells this story unlike many other games. It doesn't grab you immediately but if you stick with it, I think it could surprise you. Hell it surprised me, I was in near tears at a certain point (people who have played it will testify). Absolutely worth a chance.

Playing Puppeteer as it was free on PS Plus this month and I've mixed feelings. On one hand it looks unlike most other games and something charming about it's simplistic platforming. But on the other, I really don't care that much for the story they're telling. I appreciate it's like an actual puppet show but the cutscenes go on for way too long at the beginning and end of every level and it's not really engaging me.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2808 on: May 31, 2014, 01:17:08 AM »
Transistor is on Steam.

Well I wish it was on PS3 instead of only PS4 and PC.  :(

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2809 on: May 31, 2014, 01:04:21 PM »
Well I wish it was on PS3 instead of only PS4 and PC.  :(

Me too  :(

Finished Bastion on NG+ and just found out that the vigill achievements aren't broken, but I'm too stupid. I didn't realise you had to click on each one of them to actually fullfill them, duh  :banghead:
« Last Edit: May 31, 2014, 10:34:01 PM by coachie »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2810 on: June 05, 2014, 09:32:16 PM »
As if my hype for The Witcher 3 wasn't high enough already. Good lord that is looking stunning and if it's anything like The Witcher 2, will be a great game to play too. :drool:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2812 on: June 16, 2014, 12:56:06 AM »
The game free this month on PS Plus is Lone Survivor, a 2D pixelart style survival horror game. Think of it like a 2D Silent Hill game. It has a few more added aspects to it not seen in Silent Hill (e.g. managing hunger and sleep levels), but it is a Silent Hill game in all but name as it focuses on psychological horror, strange monster designs and an eerie soundtrack. It's pretty cool so far, not necessarily that scary but more tense as I'm running low on resources and I have to manage them all. It's a cool throwback to those kinds of survival horror games.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2813 on: June 22, 2014, 09:35:49 PM »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2814 on: June 25, 2014, 09:01:40 PM »
Oh my god... YES PLEASE!!!!  :w00t:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2815 on: June 26, 2014, 02:06:48 AM »
^ nice idea XDD

The commentators are impersonating them really well XD

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #2816 on: June 26, 2014, 03:03:24 PM »
I went to Metropolis a couple of weekends ago and my boyfriend and I found some super cool Punchout! cosplayers!

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #2817 on: July 03, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »

Ah man this seems amazing... :lol:  ...and I want that soundtrack.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2818 on: July 06, 2014, 02:20:40 PM »
I did not realise that The World Ends With You is out on iOS and Android. So I bought it again. Bit pricey at £12 compared to other mobile games, but I know (because I played the original DS version), that has a ton of depth as a 20-30hr RPG compared to other mobile games of it's genre. Because the original version used the top screen for combat as well, you know the difference right away when you go into combat in one screen and have to manage between using Neku and his partner by making touch controls for each character, as opposed to using the d-pad on the DS. Takes a while to get used to, but I'm finding my rhythm with it again. It's highly recommended btw, it's a unique RPG with an interesting story told in modern Tokyo with a really unique combat system that rarely gets old. Plus it has ways to connect with other players, scalable difficulty at any time, mini games. It's so goddamn great, one of the most underrated JRPG's ever, and I hope the price doesn't put people off from playing it because if you're a JRPG fan, there's no excuse not to play this.

Offline Hart

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2819 on: July 07, 2014, 06:56:50 AM »
[In an old man's voice]Kids today are spoiled

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Thee Michelle Gun Elephant - Candy House