JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Endless Story

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007334 times)

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1660 on: November 11, 2011, 03:06:41 PM »

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #1661 on: November 12, 2011, 05:50:20 PM »
I played today Sonic Generations and was totally flashed by this game! *_*

You know, the Planet Wisp from Sonic Colours is in Sonic Generations too! You can not only play as classic Sonic and modern Sonic, no... You can even transform to 2 of the six Wisps during both Acts! *____*
In Act 1 (classic Sonic), you can transform to Spikes and in Act 2 (modern Sonic), you can transform to Rocket! :3

Oh and the music is so awesome! They kinda failed on the classic Sonic ver. but the modern Sonic version is really good arranged!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1662 on: November 13, 2011, 03:47:53 AM »

Last chance to grab the latest humble bundle! The deal closes after the weekend.

http://www.humblebundle.com/

The base bundle now has Voxatron Alpha, Gish and a bunch of mini-games. Voxatron's a lot of fun and so is Gish, but, if you top the average amount (currently a bit over five bucks) you get two more games: Blocks That Matter and the awesome The Binding of Isaac, which is alone easily worth shelling out that much.

It's like a twisted bastard kid of Nethack and Zelda. Tons of replayability and evil fun. And art by the Super Meat Boy dude. You can even build a meat boy in the game, in fact.  :P

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1663 on: November 13, 2011, 10:21:06 PM »
I like to read game wikis, and lately I've been stalking the Saints Row one. But unfortunately,I gotta stop myself from reading anymore, cuz with the game's close release, ppl will start to edit and add more to the pages, aka, spoilers.  This is gonna be tough.  :sweatdrop:

"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #1664 on: November 13, 2011, 11:31:42 PM »
Recently passed the 100 hour mark on Xenoblade but there is still LOTS of playability in the game. I'm just currently doing quests that I ignored earlier on and gradually grinding up to max level. Storyline is impressive and graphics are best on the Wii easily.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1665 on: November 14, 2011, 10:49:22 PM »
Definitely getting Saints Row tomorrow. I actually wanna get it at midnight, but I don't think it'll be possible. I can't have my mother calling the cops on me for taking her car without approval.  :nervous

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1666 on: November 15, 2011, 12:41:29 AM »
My copy of Saints Row 3 shipped today!

Should be here in about 10-20 days.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1667 on: November 15, 2011, 12:50:35 AM »
i was gonna buy 4 mountain dews for the double xp, but when i got to the counter i noticed only one bottle had the xp  :doh:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1668 on: November 15, 2011, 04:07:39 PM »
I got SR at midnight, but I believe a majority of the ppl were there for AC, except for one guy, who got both.

AC Rev, Skyward Sword, WWE 12, and then I'm done.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1669 on: November 15, 2011, 11:57:22 PM »
gonna play some forza today  :thumbup if i do play mw3 i'll play the campaign

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1670 on: November 16, 2011, 05:47:04 AM »
I got SR at midnight, but I believe a majority of the ppl were there for AC, except for one guy, who got both.

AC Rev, Skyward Sword, WWE 12, and then I'm done.

Man..... I think I'm gonna miss all these great games coming out this year. Zelda, Arkham City, AC Rev, Uncharted, Sonic, Saints Row, MW3 ect. I've already put 30 hours into Skyrim and haven't even done much in the first two cities, let alone much of the main quest. Although I did get married and am currently trying to get my wife to put on some better clothes than her raggy apron. :doh: I do love her though, she runs the store and gives me the profits, cooks me meals while I'm off adventuring, tells me how wonderful I am. She does disappear at like 2 in the morning sometimes...... I just hope she isn't off sleeping with someone else. I could take her with me but she would probably get killed since she won't put on the armor I give her. Oh God what is this game doing to me...

Anyways by the time I have had my fill of that Mass Effect will be out. Oh well. On the bright side hopefully I can get some good deals when I do get around to playing them.

I kinda wonder if Skyrim will do huge sales like COD or GTA. When I went to pick it up at midnight I didn't want to wait so I avoided gamestop and Best Buy and just went to Meijer. But to my shock there was a line of 30 people there in line. People at a freaking supermarket lined up for a game. O_O

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1671 on: November 16, 2011, 07:04:40 PM »
^ For a bit I thought the wife was part of your real life. I was like " damn, you must work a hardcore job if your spouse would need armor around that place."  XD

I think I'm gonna knock off WWE 12 off my list. Not feeling it anymore.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1672 on: November 16, 2011, 08:20:12 PM »
^ If the Giant Bombcast is anything to go by then, oddly, Saints Row 3 is the best wrestling game that THQ has done. Seriously. So I guess you'll scratch that wrestling itch at some point? XD

I kinda wonder if Skyrim will do huge sales like COD or GTA.

You'll be happy to know that it sold over 3.5 million copies in 48 hours alone.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1673 on: November 18, 2011, 01:27:51 PM »

Not coming out in the US. DAMMIT!!!

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1674 on: November 18, 2011, 07:07:25 PM »
^ If the Giant Bombcast is anything to go by then, oddly, Saints Row 3 is the best wrestling game that THQ has done. Seriously. So I guess you'll scratch that wrestling itch at some point?
So true. XD

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1675 on: November 19, 2011, 05:39:38 AM »
Just pre-ordered Skyward Sword, only have to wait a week until it ships home which is perfect for my Thanksgiving break.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1676 on: November 21, 2011, 01:17:07 AM »
I guess I'm gonna attempt to go for Revelations on B. Friday. Best Buy better have 500 copies of the game. :lol:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1677 on: November 22, 2011, 10:03:18 PM »
i hate when the batteries in my headset die during online play  :doh:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1678 on: November 22, 2011, 11:13:11 PM »
I gotta get out of this flamewar argument on Skyrim on another forum I visit. Haters say the game looks ugly and that it's only successful because of marketing hype. Thought I could school these haters but they're just relentless with the same damn argument. I'm not going to win.

They did raise an argument that for all the glitches that Skyrim has, then they think it's wrong that it's somehow 'acceptable' because it's from an established IP. Whereas if a new IP had the same glitches and bugs then it would get bad review scores. I can see where they're coming from. It's certainly a more valid argument than 'the tigers look plastic'. But my argument is that these new IP's like Two Worlds or Era of Draconis didn't get average review scores because of those bugs alone. Regardless of whether they're just as ambitious as an Elder Scrolls game, they ultimately need to be good games too, maybe even better ones if they need a decent fanbase and get word of mouth going amongst the community. Those games had other issues beyond technical issues which made them get average review scores. They're maybe good games, but just not great ones. For all the glitches you can throw at Skyrim, there's no denying that it is a great game that plays well, otherwise it simply wouldn't have the massive following that it does. The fact that it is massive in scale and ambitious is why it's loved by the fans, not because out of some sense of brand loyalty.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1679 on: November 23, 2011, 12:48:44 AM »
Has Bethesda ever released a game without significant glitches? If the game is fun, people will tolerate them so long as they're not game-breaking. A boring game that runs perfectly will get mediocre reviews regardless of its stability.

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ito Yuna - Endless Story