JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Geskia - Were Saw

Author Topic: (Band) Gacharic Spin / DOLL$BOXX  (Read 175865 times)

Offline mikeymike

Re: (Band) Gacharic Spin
« Reply #120 on: June 18, 2011, 05:53:02 AM »
well I would do that but I don't have a facebook :(

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2011, 06:05:56 AM »
Ohh, I'll try and pass on your question. Maybe you could hassle a friend or two to ask on the facebook? xDDD

Offline mikeymike

« Reply #122 on: June 18, 2011, 06:42:39 AM »
Okay I will do ^_^ :thumbsup

Offline Lars Tang

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2011, 12:42:27 AM »
hope that  we can see Live concert in Taiwan !~

enjoy Gacharic Spin 's music wave so much

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2011, 12:52:12 PM »
I love these girls XD

Offline dark-san

« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2011, 10:53:01 AM »

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #126 on: October 15, 2011, 06:24:46 PM »
The final show of Gachapin's 2nd Anniversary Tour are in 13 days... their facebook page currently has 889 fans... let's mobilise and help them reach 1000 fans for their final show! Spread the word, and remember to click like! ;D

https://www.facebook.com/gacharicspin

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2011, 09:55:58 PM »
Those of you following me on LiveJournal and Google+ know this already, but it seems appropriate to share here as well (I swear I meant to do this a lot earlier).

As you may or may not know, I help run the official Gachapin facebook. It was a simple fanmade page at first, but their management contacted me, and they wanted me to keep doing what I was doing (though, admittedly, I'm not contributing much at the moment). I was floored by this, as I was sure they would tell me to GTFO if they ever found it. So I felt humbled and thankful.

Then earlier this summer, I went to Tokyo for my (much needed) summer vacation. There had been talk of getting me in to see a Gachapin show, and I was very excited. I was, however, not at all prepared for the fact that I would get to meet them as well.

But I did.
And I was not prepared. Hahahha. I ended up sitting backstage in their dressing room just staring at them, being a complete creeper 8| but it was fun. They all shook my hand and thanked me for spreading the word. Hana pointed at me and told me she remembered me from last year (I attended her DVD release event). It was all a bit overwhelming, really. I'm the one who should be thanking them. I felt in the way and like I was a bother, because they were preparing to go on stage (!!!), but yeah. It was awesome getting to see them prepare for the show, listening in on the pre-show discussions and just generally soaking in the backstage atmosphere. It was incredibly cool to be able to be a part of that (they had brand spanking new costumes for this show, and they were all walking around worrying if it looked good/would we uncomfortable on stage, haha!).

I rushed downstairs so that I'd be able to actually see the show as well. I was blown away.

Their music videos are great and all, but they don't really capture the energy of Gachapin. It's completely wild, and kind of unexpected. I mean, they do look like just another anime-music band, but that's so not what they are on stage. Armmy was really working the crowd, she even jumped into the audience at one point during the absolutely epic Ben Jan Dan to dance with us. It was amazing. We all linked arms and jumped from side to side.
Tomo-zo was adorable. Weird though, she was on "my" side of the stage, but I never really noticed her? Hhaha. I was jumping around like crazy, though.
KOGA did an epic MC, and I'm told that this is how she does all her MCs. No microphone, standing on top of a feedback monitor, screaming out a long ass speech to the audience. I seem to remember she talked about their second anniversary tour, which is what they're doing currently, and everything they've achieved as a band along the way. Memories from her old band, and such...

Hana? Well, this is her new costume. You tell me that isn't just the most awesome thing ever

(they totally went over this move with her after the show, I got to see her do it over and over 8D)

This is KOGA's new stage costume;

(that picture was taken in the dressing room while I was there 8D)

Armmy's new costume;

(..... it's so fitting that she does a song called I'M SEXY~ and yeah, that's from the show I went to)

So... yeah. It was epic. Over way too fast, but awesome.

I saw them again after the show, took a picture with them in their dressing room;

Showing off their new t-shirts. The girls have their own colours now! (as shown by the shirts). They also gave me a shirt of my choice (I chose Hana's colour). KOGA handed it to me going "PRESENT FROM HANA~". XDDDD It felt so wrong. I was all "..... no, no let me pay for merchandise, omggggg" (I didn't actually say that, but I wanted to D:). And then later, Hana gave me one of her headbands o___o;;; I'LL TREASURE IT, OMG.

I also met their manager, he also shook my hand and thanked me. I was completely speechless.

So... yeah. It was an awesome experience, but I still look back and facepalm of my inability to TALK. I did not manage to say anything at all... though thinking it over, I'm not quite sure what I would have wanted to tell them, so I guess it all worked out. Even though they probably think I'm the biggest weirdo, but whatever. XD;;; I should get them some silly souvenirs and send them to them. To make up for my awkwardness!

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2011, 02:24:06 AM »
Wow!! Twissie san, thank you for your great post, and for your constant support of Gacharic Spin. I really never took the time to check them out, and now I want to kick myself!!
It is so rare to find this combination of musicianship, stage prescence, abundant kawaiiness, individuality, and gol' dang joie de vivre (元気な人です) in one band.

For newbies like me to this wonderful band, this was a good clip, posted by willy740924:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2011, 06:48:55 PM »
Thank you! The band has an official youtube account where you can check out all their music videos :]

Spreading some fanart love over here~ Someone posted this to the official facebook page. I'm just completely floored by it. The details! The cuteness! The awesomeness!

Also THE FACEBOOK PAGE HAS JUST OVER 950 FANS NOW. WE'RE SO FUCKING CLOSE, OH MY GOD. PLEASE HELP OUT, 2 DAYS LEFT! AAAAAAH

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2011, 06:56:34 PM »
WE MADE IT! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP!

Here's a bonus picture from the actual final one-man show XD; Armmy's hat looks super cuddly~ :3

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2011, 06:48:44 PM »
Official website updated with a graphic to thank all the fans for a lovely 2nd anniversary :heart:

and one more picture from the final one-man show ;D

Rumour has it there's a big announcement coming up~!

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #132 on: November 02, 2011, 10:01:50 PM »
Could this be part of the big announcement? I don't know... but Tomo-zo's old bandmate Reona (EU PHORIA) joined Gachapin as a keyboardist for their 2nd anniversary tour~

Here she is in action;

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #133 on: November 04, 2011, 02:27:14 PM »
though thinking it over, I'm not quite sure what I would have wanted to tell them, so I guess it all worked out.

Once again, awesomeness  :bow:

I've been on a quest to find out the brand and model of Tomo-Zo's natural strat guitar (the one she used in most of the eu*phoria stuff), so I would've asked her about that  :lol: It's prolly a Tokai of some sorts, but I never managed to pin down the exact model. I asked on some guitar fora too.
I even mailed Gachapin in English and Japanese using the email on their site, but I never got a response lol.

And Reona in Gachapin  :O2 mixed feelings... Not sure if her keyboard sounds match the energy level of Gachapin. She even made some Eu*phoria songs sound a bit funny.. Aw well, let's give her a chance.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #134 on: November 05, 2011, 11:05:59 PM »
^
You should ask on the facebook. There's been talk about the equipment there before! :o

Haha, well I have no clue if they're planning on adding her in as a permanent member, but she seems to still be helping them out at live gigs. They've been doing some music fair and Roland events lately, and Reona is still with them for all of that.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2011, 05:18:50 AM »

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2011, 05:45:49 AM »
Wow!!! that was nice, I caught about 20 mintues, Gacharic Spin is great live! Twissie san, thanks for the alert!

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2011, 12:54:33 AM »
NEWS~ HAPPENINGS~

Gacharic Spin are in a video game! Koga, Tomo-zo, and Hana did motion capture work for Hatsune Miku -Project DIVA- extend, the latest instalment of the Project DIVA games. PSP games are region free, so go get your copy! ;D

Official site

Also a heads up that Gacharic Spin will be doing a live ustream broadcast tomorrow night (Friday 25th). It starts 8PM Japan time (6AM EST, 11AM GMT). The page admin on the official facebook page will be available for live translations, to check it out!

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2011, 07:47:16 AM »
Here's the link to today's ustream. It starts in about four hours (8PM Japan time (6AM EST, 11AM GMT)). Someone please record it for me, I'll be at work, lol! 8D;;;

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/gacharic-spin-%E9%87%8D%E5%A4%A7%E7%99%BA%E8%A1%A8%E3%82%92%E7%94%9F%E9%85%8D%E4%BF%A1

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2011, 12:11:04 AM »
So, I managed to sneakily listen in on the live ustream broadcast while at work last Friday. The big announcement was that Gacharic Spin are getting their own music experiment variety show on Music Air! It'll air every Saturday, starting sometime in December.

They showcased what was meant by "music experiment" variety by holding a little contest where the girls put on headphones and moved around to the music they listened to, the viewers were then asked to guess what genre of music they were listening to via the social stream on ustream.

The show was interspersed with clips from their live dvd and various "Teach yourself ____" dvds, but they also performed an acoustic set, and it was wonderful. If someone recorded this, please share! The girls are set to do some acoustic shows in the future.

Anyone else catch the stream? What did you think?

Gachapin did an outdoors gig at Odaiba in Tokyo yesterday. This picture popped up on Armmy's blog, and I love it.

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Geskia - Were Saw