JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miimi - Kuuhaku

Author Topic: (Group) T-ara (티아라)  (Read 796545 times)

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: (Group) T-ara (티아라)
« Reply #1660 on: August 27, 2012, 03:11:03 PM »
Damn, here I thought the situation was slowly getting back to normal. We'd need something like all the girls, including Hwayoung, on some big-ass talk show to discuss this shit through. Something very open and conclusive. And no, statements by KKS don't count, they're worth shit. Anyway, one would think they could do something like that instead of the futile and misguided "please don't ask me about that" bullshit. Squash the rumours or own the fuck up.

Instead they're staying quiet, hoping it all blows over, meanwhile focusing on places that might not care so much about the whole fiasco. Well, good luck with that.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1661 on: August 28, 2012, 12:18:32 AM »
Dunno if anybody here has watched we got married, but Eunjung's last episode was pretty sad :(

Unfortunately, it doesn't get to be sad in the way all the other last episodes have been said. It's mostly sad because of everything else going on and these poor girls getting dropped out and edited out of everything they're involved with. Hell, they didn't even ALMOST get the usual treatment couples get on their last episode...it was a 15 minute bullshit abrupt ending :P

I'm with everybody else...it sorta seemed like it would just go away and it would get back to normal, but they seem to be listening to the haters (cuz it's not ex T-ara fans and it's not Hwayoung supporters anymore, just haters) and taking them off everything. I mean, if people don't even want to see them ACTING in a drama or watch an old recording of them on a variety show, how can we expect them to go out there and perform? It fucking sucks, I miss my group XD
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1662 on: August 28, 2012, 12:41:08 AM »
This group needs Oprah.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1663 on: August 28, 2012, 03:50:18 AM »
Damn, here I thought the situation was slowly getting back to normal. We'd need something like all the girls, including Hwayoung, on some big-ass talk show to discuss this shit through. Something very open and conclusive. And no, statements by KKS don't count, they're worth shit. Anyway, one would think they could do something like that instead of the futile and misguided "please don't ask me about that" bullshit. Squash the rumours or own the fuck up.

Instead they're staying quiet, hoping it all blows over, meanwhile focusing on places that might not care so much about the whole fiasco. Well, good luck with that.

Absolutely agree. I dunno if it's too naive of me considering that it's a business I know nothing about, but I believe that even in this case the only way to solve any misunderstanding is with absolute open face-to-face honesty. I think the only way this can finally go away is what you said, discussing the issue in public. I don't see how it could be so difficult to do a controlled interview (rather than a press conference in which the girls would just be harrassed by the press) in which they displayed full honesty in telling what happened. Take responsibility for what you did and clarify what you didn't do. Apologize to the fans and sponsors for irresponsibly starting this mess with those public tweets. Say that you've been meditating on your mistakes and the lessons you've learned from this. Owning to your mistakes shows growth and I think people may understand that and let them move on.

So far, all that CCM has given to T-ara's fans and sponsors is lies and half-assed statements. That's unacceptable regardless of whether the bullying was true or not. It's been disrespectful and they need to make it right once and for all.

++    Ongaku! Project   ++

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1664 on: August 28, 2012, 05:24:10 AM »
Staying quiet might have worked if they just dropped their acting gigs and stayed out of the publics view for awhile. Going on hiatus is what any other group or individual would do when they have a big scandal. Whenever people see one of these girls on TV it's just a reminder of the controversy so how can they expect the 'haters/antis' to forget about it?
I think as long as T-ara is under CCM no one is really going to believe them anyway if they decided to speak up. Everyone will just be saying 'oh, KKS told them to say that'.

Anyway...T-ara is going to be performing next weekend...you can see their name on the poster

Also...sexy love comeback rumored to be sometime in September, we'll see what happens!

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1665 on: August 28, 2012, 05:58:47 AM »
If they actually do end up performing and making a comeback, I sincerely hope they get incredibly strong support from their fans and people get over this and move on already :P
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 09:50:21 AM by DioBrando »
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1666 on: August 28, 2012, 07:45:01 AM »
Let's stay positive. We would like the truth, but odds are that we weren't get the full story. But, let's not let that cloud the fact that T-ara has been putting out some good music in recent memory. Let's move to the next one.

One love ya'll.

I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1667 on: August 28, 2012, 08:34:18 AM »
Well Hwayoung is doing her part to help T-ara's situation:

Quote from: Allkpop
After keeping her silence for nearly a month, T-ara‘s former member, Hwayoung, has tweeted in response to the controversy and the way the situation has been unfolding.

Hwayoung wrote,

“Having come across articles about Eunjung unni’s leave from her drama, my heart felt uneasy. It is true that there were confrontations due to differences in opinions with the T-ara members while I was promoting as part of T-ara. However, with the stories about bullying going around and the situation growing worse, my heart was in pain. I was also really upset and hurt by the distorted facts [that have come out].

However, there were times when I was happy while we were all under one roof, so I want to forget about the past and want us to cheer each other on with smiles on our faces. You all showed so much love, care, and attention to T-ara, so I’m very sorry for having caused concern and worry through this incident to everyone.”

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1668 on: August 28, 2012, 09:30:07 AM »
I wanted to do a supporting movement thing where T-ara fans buy T-ara merchandise on a certain day to show their support for T-ara, I suggested 29th because it was supposed to be their comeback. But the tumblr post I made has only got 8 notes and there's no way it'll get enough attention by 29th so I guess that failed.

Is anyone here actually in any way familiar with a greater audience and could get people to know about a project like this :? It's too late for 29th now probably, but there could be another date decided on. Anyone go to Diadem or another big T-ara site? DioBrando, you think your minus gallery could be used to spread word? Mang I have no idea what to do.

I think that voting with our wallets is what would work better than anything to show advertisers and other scared little pussies that T-ara is still good to work with, and that they are fucking losers for cancelling relations with them. It'd be good to get Korean fans in on it too, to not watch the shows that cut T-ara members out, to not buy products from advertisers that have cut relations with them, and to buy products from those that still work with T-ara. But clearly I'm not the right person to organize anything because I have no friends outside Jphip LOL.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1669 on: August 28, 2012, 06:10:09 PM »
YEAH DOUBLE POST, SUCK IT

http://www.t-araworld.net/2012/08/t-ara-sexy-love-release-august-30.html

THIS SAYS MIRAGE WILL BE RELEASED IN 2 DAYS?!?

FUCK YEAH!! MY WALLET IS READY!!! Finally I feel like I can do something useful to help T-ara LOL

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #1670 on: August 28, 2012, 06:46:04 PM »
^awesome! That'll be the first thing I buy with my next paycheck :D

I used to be on Diadem but it's been almost 2 years since I've been active there.  I was looking at their Projects page and they've had several projects including raising money for a food support for Eunjung's drama which is now being used for her birthday project instead. They've also exceeded their goal of raising $500 each (with T-aradotcom who will also raise $500) for a food support for the Sexy Love comeback. So fan support still seems to be going strong.

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #1671 on: August 28, 2012, 08:45:24 PM »
DioBrando, you think your minus gallery could be used to spread word? Mang I have no idea what to do.

I doubt the gallery has any significant amount of pull for something like this XD. Looking at it now, it has about 4 million total views with an average of around 30k views per gallery, give or take--IF it gets shared on reddit. Otherwise they typically hover just under 10k views, with only like 300-400 followers for the account. Best I'd be able to do is share an image advertising some kinda project, but in the end the majority of the views come from shares on places like reddit, so it'd be second hand at best XD

Though, if we really wanted to try to organize something like this, I think the best ways would be to set it up and forward it to certain people on twitter/tumblr (like love t-ara) to help spread the word. Though if the album release really is on the 30th then I would hope all the fans know it's THEIR DUTY TO BUY THIS DAMN THING :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1672 on: August 28, 2012, 09:56:10 PM »
Yeah, I think the focus now is on supporting Mirage. :lol: It's more efficient to focus on one product anyway.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1673 on: August 29, 2012, 02:27:37 AM »
I could support Love of a Sexy persuasion. We got this. Let's ride.

(Now I'm just looking for an excuse to post this gif.)
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Rei-chan

• Caribbean Queen
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #1674 on: August 29, 2012, 05:05:35 PM »
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! T-ara has released a letter of apology:

“We’ve written this after a lot of thought. The past month has felt much longer than our trainee days and the days we’ve promoted receiving our fans’ love. First of all, we sincerely apologize for causing concern and disappointing so many people. We feel that it was very foolish of us to not have resolved differences of opinion between the members and to have aired our personal issues in a public space. We’re reflecting deeply on our actions.”

“We sincerely apologize for acting thoughtlessly. We’ve been troubled every day by the thought that all of this could’ve been avoided if we had understood each other and compromised more and if we had acted more maturely. When we look back, we all worked hard together for the same dream and overcame obstacles, and it was really painful to see all the good times we’ve had together being cast in a negative light.”

“We also think that Hwayoung has been going through a very hard time after being misunderstood as [ostracized]. We were surprised by the outcome, which no one thought of or wanted, and we’re disappointed that we can’t all be together now. We only hope that Hwayoung will no longer face [hurtful things like this].”

“We apologize to everyone for causing concern with this recent issue and disappointing those who’ve loved our music. We feel that this hard time has been a lesson for us. We’re supposed to give people strength, and we’ve now learned how much responsibility is on our shoulders. We’ve also realized that we must act responsibly and seriously.”

“For our parents who live for us, for our fans who’ve continued to stay by our side, for the people who listen to our music… and for those who we’ve worried and disappointed, we’ll work harder to receive your forgiveness instead of being frustrated. We genuinely apologize. We also hope that you give your support and love to Hwayoung, who must be having a harder time than we are. We too will always support Hwayoung. From all of T-ara.”

http://www.allkpop.com/2012/08/breakingt-ara-releases-handwritten-apology-letter-to-fans

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #1675 on: August 29, 2012, 05:09:42 PM »
That's a great start. Hope the Korean fans will think so too.

--

Another translation, pretty much the same:

"We write this letter after much deliberation. The past month has felt longer than the time it took us to debut and the time we've promoted under all of your love. First, we would like to honestly apologize for making so many concerned. We admit that we were immature in not being able to resolve our differences in opinions within the group and letting it out publicly, and we are all reflecting on it together.

We deeply apologize for acting without thought. If we had understood each other, shared, and acted more maturely, none of this would have happened. We think that thought every day in misery. Looking back, we've always overcome any hardships together while chasing the same dream, and it breaks our heart to think that all of those good memories are being seen in a bad light.

We also think that Hwayoung must have gone through a hard time for being misunderstood as being ostracized. We were all surprised at a result none of us thought or wanted and feel upset that we can no longer be together again. We hope that Hwayoung no longer has to face any pain again.

We apologize to everyone for concerning everyone with this issue and disappointing those that loved our music. This hardship was an opportunity of learning for us. We are supposed to be the strength of many, and have now learned how much responsibility we have on our shoulders, as well as how responsibly we must act.

To our parents, who live for us, and our fans, who will remain by us until the end to love our music... And to everyone we disappointed, we want to work hard so that our apology will be accepted. We are genuinely sorry. We ask that you also give your everlasting support and love to Hwayoung, who must have had a harder time than us. We will always support Hwayoung no matter what. From all of T-ara."
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:47:39 PM by Stryfe »

Offline tyshyayu

• ecchi
« Reply #1676 on: August 29, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »
So much Drama in T-ara... I really liked HwaYoung :(

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1677 on: August 29, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
LLOL I'm currently trying to defend them on reddit, it's probably hopeless because people are so bitter, they REALLY believe that T-ara isn't sorry at all about what's happened, and I just think... Who are these people? Have they never made a mistake? Do they not know what it's like to grow from one's mistake? Do they not know what it's like to make a mistake that hurts other people, and feel terribly sorry about it?

They really seem to think that T-ara are somewhere giggling at all the drama going on. But all I can think of how T-ara's hearts must be aching from all this. It feels like a hopeless situation for them.

They apologize like people have wanted them to, but then their apology is considered a lie. What can they do about that?
People demand "the truth" from them. But what if the truth is that there was no bullying? Are they supposed to lie just to satisfy the antis?

I really hate that people are so willing to believe the worst from people and ignore all the good. It's sickening, really.

So basically yeah. There is already a backlash over this. And it's FUCKING RIDICULOUS.

Offline DO Me DO Me

• °Erien Godmother
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • K-M-E-I Kamei! K-A-M-E Kyamei!
« Reply #1678 on: August 29, 2012, 09:53:50 PM »
^I know right? There were many times I wanted to defend them but realized it's not worth it, this is the internet. Those people probably do the same things in their real lives and then come on here and be like "oh, that's bad! They should be punished." It's really hypocritical. When you read some of these comments from people you can really sense just how evil people can be inside. While they would never physically lash out or even say those words with their mouths, reading their "thoughts" online does just as much damage as if they were physical blows. Sure, it may just be their "opinion" but when you say it like that it can really kill someone inside. It is easier to blame others than to forgive them. But the thing is, what did T-ara do to THEM (netizens, antis etc)? I'd understand if they took our money and gave us a crappy album or something and not give us refunds, then that's something we can be mad about at them. But to get mad at them for something that has nothing to do with US, that's just ridiculous. This incident would've long been over if netizens would just shut up and mind their own business. If T-ara falls, let them fall on their own. If they can redeem themselves, then leave them alone. But think about it, what if it wasn't T-ara? What if this happened to SNSD or even 2NE1? Oh, God forbid that would happen! I'm sure those same people would still say the same things to them, or worse...actually defend them! After all, they are just humans and we all make mistakes. *gasp* :roll: The logics of netizens never made sense to me. Even if T-ara have to go around to each individual netizen's house and apologize to them personally, would they be satisfied? No, because there's always something in the back of their minds that are going "this is fake." "this is a publicity stunt." "they're just trying to make themselves look good." Then what's the point of apologizing if they're not going to accept it anyway? To me that just shows that some people just like seeing others fail. Maybe seeing others fail makes up for some failure in their own lives, so they get satisfaction from that. I know I'm being too deep and technical about this, but when you think about it, all these feelings that stem up from inside you are not caused by the other (ex. T-ara) but from your own self. Like I said it's easier to blame others when in reality it's your own self. Denial, denial. :roll:

And I'm done with that! *phew*

As for me and the rest of us who still care, I'm sure we've forgiven them a long time ago. It's nice to see the apology letter although we already know they're sorry for what they've done. We know it's gonna take a long time but we just want to see these girls happy and united again. I hope the Mirage release is real. Be sure to posts any links where it's available! I might buy multiples of it. hehe

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #1679 on: August 29, 2012, 11:03:28 PM »
I'm so happy to read the apology letter not because I needed an apology, but now I at least know they are alive! It's a relief just to hear that there is some healing happening at least. I love that they took the time to sit back and reflect, even if it was at the expensive of my blood pressure XD. As for the cliche netizen hater shit, I believe the letter of apology is totally genuine and I'm impressed, and proud really, of the apparent personal/group growth taking place. When things have hit rock bottom there's nowhere to go but up, right people! Also, I'm lucky enough to have found my way to a fansite that isn't filled with nutjobs. Thank you girls and guys for being reasonable and respectable people. T-ara fighting! :heart: :heart:

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Miimi - Kuuhaku