JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Secret - Poison

Author Topic: [2010.07.01] AKB48 Official Guest of Honor of Anime Expo 2010 (GIRLS ANNOUNCED!)  (Read 61331 times)

Offline Melchizadek

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
It figures that, just when I think I might be able to get the money together to go, my general manager announces that nobody is getting any vacation time in the month of July.  :angry:

Offline devimon2k9

• Member+
does anyone know which members are gonna be there?

Offline Aa!rita

• みんなよろしくにゃん♪\(^o^)/
does anyone know which members are gonna be there?

we'll know soon. probably 2-3weeks before the AX

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
Right. You guys seem to know more than other about LAX so here is my question: Let's say I'm going (hypothetically). Since Im interested in AKB only, I buy a 2 day pass. Does that give the right to be in their concert or I have to buy a concert ticket besides the pass I already bought?

If i buy my 2 days pass online, do i have to pick it in LAX or they send it to me? Huh?

Yes, there is a small hope I can go. And with someone u may know from the old JPM times, daigong.

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline Swtme03

• *Ninja*
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I've found who I want to be :)
Right. You guys seem to know more than other about LAX so here is my question: Let's say I'm going (hypothetically). Since Im interested in AKB only, I buy a 2 day pass. Does that give the right to be in their concert or I have to buy a concert ticket besides the pass I already bought?

If i buy my 2 days pass online, do i have to pick it in LAX or they send it to me? Huh?

Yes, there is a small hope I can go. And with someone u may know from the old JPM times, daigong.

When you say "LAX" are you meaning "AX"??
lol cuz LAX is the airport  XD

But anyway, after you register your 2 day pass you can add the concert ticket right after. It's $50 for a 2 day pass and $15 dollars for the concert ticket. I don't think there's a limit to how many days you have to go to be able to go to the concert. I pretty sure some people are only going for that day. But besides that, everyone has to purchase their concert tickets after purchasing their pass.

You'll pick up your pass and concert ticket at AX, they don't send it to you.
If it's anything like last year, the seating depends on how early you get your tickets. It's like a first-come-first-serve kind of thing.

Hope this helps a little!  :thumbsup

~It'll cost you nothing to dream~and everything not to~
Love you some MM animated goodness?! Gifs by Swtme03

Offline Sayange

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
Yes, I mean AX, sorry. :P

I see. So, if I don`t have a day pass I can`t go to the concert, right? I can`t just buy the concert ticket and buy a day pass for the next day (Q&A) session?

If I go to LA, I`d arrive probably the same Thursday so I think it will be a bummer anyways (won`t get good seats).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 05:13:56 PM by Sayange »

Offline Swtme03

• *Ninja*
  • ecchi
  • Member+
I see. So, if I don`t have a day pass I can`t go to the concert, right? I can`t just buy the concert ticket and buy a day pass for the next day (Q&A) session?

Right, you have to be registered for that day to go. I just looked it up and if you only register for a 2 day pass, the concert ticket is $30 if you buy it online.
after you've registered you should get an email with a barcode, print that off and bring that and your ID to registration. after you've got your badge, RUN to the ticketing booth and hope you're there in time to get a good seat  :P
you can purchase the ticket that day, but like you said, you probably wont get good seats...  :thumbdown:

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
Yeah, all of the closer seats will be taken up on Day 0(day before the con, pre-reg pickup), hopefully one of those by me. :lol: Still, Nokia Theater is a real theater and to be honest I highly doubt it will be anywhere near full, so it should be an enjoyable experience for all those going.

I realllllllly wanna know who's going member-wise. I'm so anxious. I'll love it regardless, but I wanna know. 8) I'd also like to know if there will be more AKB events than the panel and such. I'm almost sure there will be, but it would be nice to have some specifics.

Offline Sayange

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
I think the attendant members should be the same ones than went to NY. This expo is big so the logic says they'd be sending the best of the best.

Tsk, tickets from Canada to LA are more expensive than I thought. Jesus. And the stupid miles I won with my trip to Japan are worthless. :banghead:

Offline littleteeeee

I had never paid for a concert seat. I had always gone to the stand-by line. Sure, the seat were not up front, but it was still a good seat. I don't have to be with the people who are pushing/jumping, if you know what I mean.

Some pointers for the fans who are going to the panel :thumbsup:

1. If you want to ask a question in the panel, sit near the microphone.
2. If you want to sit up front, go to the previous panel (maybe the panel before that, if there's even one) and find your preferred seat and stay there. Last time I went, they did not kick people out for every panel. So it's first come first serve. Don't wait until the panel starts to find a good seat.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
so, does anybody know where anybody is going to stay? I was hoping someone would pick me up and hopefully make it to the booths before the Mano mini-concert

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
THE MEMBERS GOING HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!

http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-10546541103.html

Team A: Kuramochi Asuka, Kojima Haruna, Sashihara Rino, Takajo Aki, Takahashi Minami, Maeda Atsuko, Maeda Ami
Team K: Akimoto Sayaka, Itano Tomomi, Oshima Yuko, Ono Erena, Nito Moeno, Fujie Reina, Minegishi Minami, Miyazawa Sae
Team B: Kitahara Rie

Think that's all right. XD

MAEDA AMI IS GOING HELL YES. :shocked I was hoping for a few more mid-level members since I seem to be more into those, but this line-up is more than alright. :w00t: Would have been nice to see a little more B representation, though. Still, if only one can go, I can live with Rie. :) Would have like to see Yukirin, tho. Anyway, I'll save my conjecture for later as I'll risk being late for work if I write any more. :lol:

This is awesome.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
^Sasshi and Rie are all you need to make a great expierence  :thumbup

I figured they wouldn't send Yuki, because her English is really bad  :nervous :lol:

Offline Swtme03

• *Ninja*
  • ecchi
  • Member+
^^
AWESOME!!!
I'm more than pleased with the line up!  :twothumbs

Tho, my poor brother was really looking forward to seeing Mayu...  :bigdeal:
He'll be sad when he finds out....  :rofl:  :twisted:
lol kidding, i'm not that evil  :roll:

CAN'T WAIT!!  :jphip:

Offline Sayange

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
Team K: Akimoto Sayaka, ..., Miyazawa Sae.

I knew it... But still... want to cry so...  :cry:

I need money, money , money!

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
^Sasshi and Rie are all you need to make a great expierence  :thumbup

I figured they wouldn't send Yuki, because her English is really bad  :nervous :lol:

Really? I don't recall a memory of Yuki speaking english bad, or.... at all. :nervous That would make it even more fun. "HEY YUKI WAZZZZZZUUUUUUUUUUP!" - ":shocked:"

And yeah, I love the line-up even if it is mostly just a bunch of front girls. Also, in the blog entry it seems to say that this list is not totally final, so it might change a bit. Still, Sasshi, Akicha, half of awesome Shin Team K, and Rie... more than enough for me. I didn't mean to sound like I was whining about it, I'm way past thrilled. Still, one could ponder all day, "If they brought Rena/Haachan/etc." :lol: It's going to be epic. I'm hoping that AKB48 will have more events than what Morning Musume did. In any case, the concert is my #1 priority. I'll do my best to get into whatever else they do, but as long as I got that, everything's gold. :thumbup

Offline atskv9

• ecchi
  • Member+
Mayuge is going... :panic:

:tama-mad:

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
Rie be representin team B  :thumbup
interesting lineup, hooray for sasshi

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
wonder why they will only have one Team B member..should at least have 2-3 members more

anyhoo, can't wait to see Tomo and Acchan :)

Offline atskv9

• ecchi
  • Member+
Team B held down the fort during NYC and will probably doing so again this time.

JPHiP Radio (24/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Secret - Poison