JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rururu - &

Author Topic: SMTown Live '10 LA (Ticket Update p.8,13, Hotel/Ticket Info p.1)  (Read 139882 times)

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: SMTown Live '10 LA
« Reply #140 on: July 25, 2010, 01:43:20 PM »
I don't have internet at the moment so I'm posting this from my phone.

Just wanted so say I tried my best in securing floor seats for us, calling Staples Center and Powerhouse a day before to make sure I had a chance for those seats. I booked a $313 flight down to LA. Paid $45 to send my engineer back to his hotel after my meeting because I had no time to take him, then rush off to the airport.

T-back picked me up from the airport and we drove directly to the Staples Center to check the line. When we got there at about 8:30pm, there was about 16-20 people already camped out across the street, the first few where there since Thursday. Skipping dinner we settled down in line, busted out a sleeping bag and a chair.

It got really cold at night and T kindly offered me an extra jacket, but it was still fucking freezing. Anyways, after waiting over 13 hours in line and having dumb bitches attempt to cut the entire line, Staples Center checked right before tickets went on sale and said there were no floor seats, throwing the entire line into panic. Accusations were made and I was told by someone Powerhouse had reserved seats for fanclubs, SSF and SJWorld, the night before. I believe now that that wasn't the case.

Powerhouse, those lying bastards who promised to have the best seats evenly distributed between TM, PH, and SC, made floor seats only available through calling PH. It was also stated by them before on twitter that TM, PH, and SC would be selling different seats/draws. Because of this I believed SC would be the best bet without having to compete with TM sales, and this was the reason why I flew down to LA. They lied about this as well. By the time the first person got to the window they were barely able to get a hold of $180 seats. Someone managed to get $180 seats, but in less than 2 minutes, only $40 seats were left for us who camped long hours.

Bottom line is, we got fucked and still tried to get whatever tickets that were left for all JPHiP members. Floor seats were available only through Powerhouse, who I tried calling while in line but couldn't get through, and grats to SSF who snagged all 280 seats, legit. (Yes?)

I will be refunding all members who paid. I am deeply sorry for the disappointment and will pay for the non-$180 we managed to get from salvaging online.

Also. I am no longer attending this event. I am withdrawing but will continue helping JPHiPsters who are attending. Thank you for fucking people over, Powerhouse. I put in too much to go home without a floor ticket in my hands. T, Fen, and another member who worked his ass off online deserve better. And being a passionate SNSD fan, from the bottom of my bleeding heart, FUCK YOU.

Sincerely,
-dinny

« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 08:22:47 PM by rev2hd »

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #141 on: July 25, 2010, 03:40:21 PM »
Thanks to dinny,fen & t-back for the effort that they put into this thing. Like ops said it doesnt matter where we end up as long as we hang out later to talk story.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #142 on: July 25, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »
I'm gonna post some options now, fen might kill me for not waiting for Dinny but I think it's best to tell everyone now so they can decide what to do quickly.

Option 1: Dinny has $40 tickets for everybody on the list, these are in a group and if you want to take one just post and let them know. You don't have to take these tickets, however I suggest offering to buy at least one each out of courtesy because she did try her best to get them, they are worth more in heart and soul than any price tag. So please consider this.

Option 2: Dinny also has almost a dozen or so $80 tickets, some she bought herself and some that I bought online with her Tickemaster account. These are scattered around sections 209, 210, 206 just from memory most are single seats though. These are offered straight up to anyone at all how wants one, not just those on the list, just make a post and let us know. (there's no exact amount available at this point in time but there will be soon)

The story behind why we got these; Ticketmaster booking system is totally dodgy and random. Within the first 5min after 10am, the only tickets available to buy in groups more than 1 were $40 sections. This made us very worried that we'd not be able to get better seats so we just kept searching over and over online, we found that every now and then you could get one $80 single seat every 100 go's of trying. (that's what I spent the night doing anyway)
Come 12 hours later, I tried again and it seemed like entire $80 sections had been opened up to be able to buy from. *sigh* So I won't lie, right now you can go to Ticketmaster and buy 8x $80 tickets all in a group no problem at all. But we'll still be stuck with these ones so we haven't gone and done that.
Fenrir actually has 2x paired $80 seats, she will be offering one pair to differentstory12 because she already paid her money. The other pair is up to her but I think it will become available.

Option 3: Buy your own ticket. Don't feel guilty for choosing this option because there is actually better seats available now in groups up to 8 easily and possibly even better later on due to my theory that Ticketmaster is actually selling off the cheaper sections first and possibly making better sections available later. But please consider option 1 as well as this.

This all said, we're still waiting for someone to get through to Powerhouse to see if there's any good seats left. Honestly though I don't think they have anything left so don't rely on this at all.
Also that won't be till Monday and by then, you might find a good seats through Ticketmaster so I'd keep trying there.

These options may change as well but they're a rough idea to help you decide.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #143 on: July 25, 2010, 08:05:47 PM »
Wow dinny, I'm so sorry you guys got messed up.

I was just wondering is it still too late to buy tickets? cause I'm really thinking of going and I'm sorry if I waited this long. I know it's really so late on the verge of coming back from LA due to AX, but I really could use some planning. any help will be greatly appreciated..thanks!

Offline 0508

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #144 on: July 25, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »
What I have available.

$80 tickets (9):
Section PR8 Row 12 Seat 9
Section 206 Row 7 Seat 20
Section 206 Row 11 Seat 3
Section 206 Row 11 Seat 4
Section 207 Row 6  Seat 10
Section 209 Row 10 Seat 5
Section 209 Row 10 Seat 11
Section 209 Row 12 Seat 6
Section 209 Row 12 Seat 25

$40 tickets (4):
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 13 - K (Linna2040) (PAID)
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 14 - Dinny's friend (PAID)
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 15 - Dinny's friend (PAID)
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 16 - Dinny's friend (PAID)
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 20 - Dinny's friend (PAID)
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 21 - Dinny's friend (PAID)
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 22
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 1
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 2 - tenkei
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 3 - tenkei
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 4 - tenkei
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 5 - tenkei
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 6 - Ping
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 7 - Ping
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 8

If those who paid me are okay with these tickets, please say so. Post what ticket you would want. Whoever paid me via Paypal first for the $180 tickets will get dibs. If you were not on any of the lists, feel free to post too, I need to get rid of all these tickets. Refunds will happen within a few days, thanks for your patience.

Like Dave said, you can try to get better tickets yourself. You don't have to buy from me. Since I fucked up I'm not going to hold anyone responsible to taking the tickets. I'm actually...kind of numb and don't care about things right now to the point where I'll give these all away for free. I am...that angry at Powerhouse, and THAT disappointed at myself.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010, 10:21:23 AM by rev2hd »

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #145 on: July 25, 2010, 10:41:16 PM »
^ Look, don't punish yourself for this. You did your best and I'm thankful for the effort you and others have done in order to get these tickets.
I'll be glad to take one of them off your hands. So sorry you won't be able to join us though.  :(
Wish I could something to cheer you up in return.

I guess I'll take Section 207 Row 6 Seat 10.

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2010, 10:55:33 PM »
When i logged into ticketmaster they were selling the pr seats. Ill take a Section 311 Row 2W Seat 1. Meh, let me also grab Section 206 Row 11 Seat 3. A belated thanks to ebc for trying and helping out.
Hey dinny, just keep the rest of the $, alrite. :D
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:04:38 PM by alohellofan »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2010, 11:21:08 PM »
do we have a map of the seats at Staples? I hat to pay just by Paypal..

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #148 on: July 25, 2010, 11:22:58 PM »
First page. Thinking of going ckd?

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #149 on: July 25, 2010, 11:32:54 PM »
I like to..I'm a little strapped of money and have been tortured of going..

plus, i know mom is gonna say no, but she needs to understand that i'm old enough and she keeps feeding me the saving money BS..I wish she shut up and leave me alone. I wish I knew how to do this :cry:

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #150 on: July 25, 2010, 11:41:46 PM »
What is it the whole shebang like air/hotel or just the ticket to the show. Hmmm, my 100th post... :P

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #151 on: July 25, 2010, 11:48:32 PM »
both really, I know I won't be able to sit with any of you guys and get lost..

plus, trying to tell her and trying to have money before the trip and everything*starts into panic attack*

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #152 on: July 26, 2010, 12:02:35 AM »
Still got a month left to figga sumthin out.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #153 on: July 26, 2010, 12:37:00 AM »
Dinny <3

I don't want no refund. Don't YOU EVER blame yourself man, these kinds of shit happen that's out of your control. You just gotta make the best outta bad situation. Give it some time, I hope you gonna change your mind and consider the peeps coming down to get together. But yeah, it's too early to talk, please give it some thought. I wanna see you there. I love you dinbutt <3

FUCK POWERHOUSE and the powers that be. Shit. Ever since I learned about what happened like, an hour before Fen posted last nite.... shits been all kinds of speculation. Was SSF at the box office too? Whatever, what's done is done. Our goal is to get these tickets sorted.

While we were in bed, recovering from drugs and alcohol, Fen, T-Back, dinny were camped out in the cold. Thanks ebc, limit checking out ticketmaster frantically too. There really isn't a way to repay you, but as friends we gonna help you get asses to fill these seats, I'll even buy back the crap tickets so we can have groups of 8 sitting together in the $80 range. Beat up a scalper, or craigslist.

ALSO.

Then whoever is set to come, please holler so we can sort out the hotel situation too. There was a few on the bubble, maybe things changed since floor seats weren't available? Just say "HOTEL MOTEL" and we'll get shit booked.

And for fucksake ckd, not now. Goddammit. :tama-mad:

Offline OpsMonkey

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #154 on: July 26, 2010, 12:58:14 AM »
What I have available.

$80 tickets (12):
Section 206 Row 7 Seat 20
Section 206 Row 11 Seat 3
Section 206 Row 11 Seat 4
Section 207 Row 6  Seat 10
Section 209 Row 10 Seat 5
Section 209 Row 10 Seat 11
Section 209 Row 12 Seat 6
Section 209 Row 12 Seat 25
Fen got 4 more together, she'll post those tickets when she gets home later.

$40 tickets (15):
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 13
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 14
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 15
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 16
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 20
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 21
Section 308 Row 6 Seat 22
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 1
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 2
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 3
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 4
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 5
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 6
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 7
Section 311 Row 2W Seat 8

If those who paid me are okay with these tickets, please say so. Post what ticket you would want. Whoever paid me via Paypal first for the $180 tickets will get dibs. If you were not on any of the lists, feel free to post too, I need to get rid of all these tickets. Refunds will happen within a few days, thanks for your patience.

Don't worry about it Dinny. You, Fen & T.Back did your best to help us all out and I appreciate what you guys did.  Anyway, I will take the above bolded seats and you can keep what's leftover. No need for a refund here either.
Selective Hearing @ JPH!P Radio every Friday night/Saturday Morning starting at 00:00 MDT until 02:00 MDT.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #155 on: July 26, 2010, 02:15:08 AM »
Guys don't forget the concert is only one part of this experience. Regardless of where you sit, you're gonna be mere meters away from your favourite asses artists. There is so much more to it though. Its about bonding with all your jphip folk, and stalking the crap out of those K-idols you love so much. The concert will last a couple of hours, but the memories you make away from it, together, will last so much longer! Don't believe me? Check out all the epic stories from AX last year stalking MM, or KMF this year with hipsters got to see KARA in their pajamas in the same elevator as them. That beats any floor seat at a concert! Don't lose sight of the whole experience, the concert is just a part of the whole big picture.
Dinny, Fen, T-back & Dave love you guys for everything you've done, and you did everything you could!!! This is so far from your fault dinny, and we all know that and appreciate everything you've put into this. You gave your all, and I'm sure everyone would want to do all they can to thank you and the others. Don't lose sight of the bigger picture either. Fuck Powerhouse and their concert, but there is always something else to look forward to *hugs*

Was SSF at the box office too?

Nah, at least not the bulk buys. That was all done by phone (many people on the phone for hours)... I'm sure there were some SSF who didn't bulk buy who were at the center though.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #156 on: July 26, 2010, 02:24:06 AM »
sorry dai, you're right..i still got a month to do planning..

Offline Iamabowl

• Captain of the Inanimate Object Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #157 on: July 26, 2010, 03:25:37 AM »
I'm going with a couple of friends! Managed to get lower level seats (section 102), but the floor seats were sold out before I could even refresh :(

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #158 on: July 26, 2010, 03:25:37 AM »
So true, lollipopgirl, so true. Still be fun with the company we keep and the event itself. I'm gonna try the sheraton downtown if they still got rooms. Heard the alot of the ssf are going there.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #159 on: July 26, 2010, 03:28:28 AM »
which makes you wonder if the girls will be there..

maybe we can stalk them! just like how I stalked AKB48 ;)

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rururu - &