JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Sugar Baby Love

Author Topic: [News] AKB48 SHUFFLE 2012  (Read 64242 times)

Offline Crossing Crossroads

• Forever going to rainbow over the moon and across the stars..~
  • Member+
  • Hurro thur. I like (to) danso.
Re: [News] AKB48 SHUFFLE 2012
« Reply #120 on: August 25, 2012, 03:28:46 AM »
UOHHH. At last, I finally get to see everyone’s, including Takamina's and Mariko's, reaction about the two being Team A captain and overall leader, but for the others I don’t know. I’m glad to see that Yuko is happy about being captain!...

Somehow it feels like Sae is holding back her tears by smiling? It seems to me that she’s a bit confused about her feelings here... She’s probably enthusiastic about going/transferring but she feels that she’s really going to miss the others. I'm also glad that Akicha isn't too upset about transferring to JKT. (Or she's just really good about hiding her emotions..)

While some others are obvious here, Sayaka seems to have a really strong bond with a lot of the members and the fact about being a captain stuck to her, so she’s crying. I hope she and Yukirin aren’t thinking things like, "I’m not fit to be captain anymore." I don't think that's true? Once a captain, always a captain... right?

However, after reading everyone's posts regarding transfers and the shuffle in general, I feel much better about the transfers now, so I thank you all that have put things together logically. I guess I was just concerned about how Sae (and the transferred members) was(/were) going to interact with the SHN48/JKT48 members.

I've heard that come members are going to graduate in the fall though, I really hope this isn't true...  :-\
I AM A KINOSHITA ANDREA YUKIKO OSHI. ♥

-

All of you can call me Cross! (Honorifics are nice, but I'd rather not with too much formality. o w ob!)

You can try to contact me at my blog on tumblr, andreabutts. I also have another blog that you can try to contact me with if andreabutts is not replied within two days, callmeawota.

Offline negi08

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #121 on: August 25, 2012, 03:44:30 AM »
I already had a feeling that this might happen in AKB48 after Acchan's graduation but its a new beginning for akb48 to show the world how awesome they are as a team and a family in akb48, so i wish all the members the best of luck and show the world how AKB48 is so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! :rockon: :rockon: :japan: :japan:

Offline Flyp

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 12th gen supporter
« Reply #122 on: August 25, 2012, 05:31:44 AM »
I asked this before in IRC and wanted to get a more diverse opinion, but I honestly want to know:  Besides those changing to other groups, what's the big deal with what team someone's in?  Call me ignorant or whatever, but it doesn't seem to me to make ANY difference except for the theater stages, and those don't seem to be that important as far as overseas fans like myself and most of us here.  Singles aren't based in teams, TV shows aren't team-based.  If anything, talent agencies are MUCH more important than teams.  I couldn't tell you what teams half my favorite members were on BEFORE the shuffle because it has almost no impact in how I enjoy, consume, and how I'm exposed to AKB48. 

Am I missing something here?  I don't see the big deal.

Except for those being shipped off to China.  That sucks.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #123 on: August 25, 2012, 06:33:43 AM »
^ From what I can tell, the main thing about teams is that it forces team members to work together on a more regular basis than any other type of activity, except for maybe dramas. For example, Yukirin wasn't close to her French Kiss fellow members because they were in Team A and she was in Team B. Even being a senbatsu regular doesn't guarantee interactions, as they tend to do their promotional activities in smaller groups and pairs that are decided by available schedule of each girl. But teams have to go through the long process of learning a stage together, and then rehearsing and performing it every few days. That kind of long term interaction inevitably forges bonds and is the platform for many friendships.
That's why Mayu was crying so hard during the original shuffle when Rabutan got transferred to A, and you can see that they aren't as close anymore after the fact. It's similar to when girls were graduating from MM but staying in H!P. There's still a huge gap that opens up simply because they aren't working together as much anymore.

The other important thing about teams is the stages. A lot of stage songs are written specifically for the members in a stage unit, or the general temperament of the team, so having a particular combination of members in a team can make a particular kind of stage song possible. For example, K6's Uhho Uhhoho. No3b formed with the roster it has because they already saw that Kojiharu, Minegishi, and Takamina could work together really well in A4's Junai no Crescendo and H2's Bye Bye Bye.

Similarly, the general temperament of a team can define the image of the members in it. Team K was the house of crazy wild childs, Team A was meant to be more polished traditional idols, and Team B were the quirky girl-next-door types. After the first shuffle, the members had to change themselves to suit the team's image.

Of course, you're not wrong, because Teams don't play that big a role anymore, and it's completely possible to enjoy the fandom without caring about them. Unless you care about pairings, because my first paragraph still stands.

If you really want to know why teams matter, I'd recommend watching To Be Continued, as the girls themselves talk about how the shuffle affected them and how they feel about it. Kasai, Minegishi, and Itano's interviews, specifically.

• Member+
« Reply #124 on: August 25, 2012, 07:15:41 AM »
^ Where can you watch it? If it needs to be downloaded, is it possible to watch To Be Continued without downloading it? (My laptop seems to have a problem and disables me from downloading anything and everything.) Or do I have to buy the DVD? I haven't watched the documentary yet, and have only heard of tiny bits of it. They showed the subbed version once before for free near where I lived a long time ago, but unfortunately I didn't know the existence of AKB48 yet and I was too young to go alone even if I did...

-

All of you can call me Cross! (Honorifics are nice, but I'd rather not with too much formality. o w ob!)

You can try to contact me at my blog on tumblr, andreabutts. I also have another blog that you can try to contact me with if andreabutts is not replied within two days, callmeawota.

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 07:43:27 AM by muppet »

Offline oist

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • chiyuu~
« Reply #126 on: August 25, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »
I 'know' there's going to be an announcement like this, but I can't help but flip out when I saw it today.

Not pleased with the team shuffles, but I can't say that I disliked it either.

At first team shuffles felt like a really really big change, then I thought about it and turns out it's not that big of a deal (at least to me). Even with the shuffle, in major concerts (like Minogashita.., Setlist Best), stage songs are performed with its original members (unless it was a shuffled unit) or another team who also have the same stage. Unless there will be a new stage coupling the shuffle, we'll just have a messy lineup for the theater performances. Since I don't watch a lot of LODs, except for special ones like birthdays or senshuurakus, so I don't think fans who rarely watch theater perfs should worry too much about this.

Well, the management better come up with new stages to accommodate the new shuffles. I'm all for new stages. There NEEDS to be at least one after all this.

To be honest, there are still two days left for the concert, and I'm more worried about an SKE shuffle. KII had just gotten its original stage and all. To have its members moved around after working so hard for the stage isn't really fair. But on a side note, life isn't fair, and we might get Furukawa doing Kareha no Station  XD.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2012, 09:28:42 AM »
Did a special episode of basugasubakuhatsu! just for the shuffle :D

We discussed the shuffle with fellow JPHipstas jafeijai and Datalanche. Also got calls from JPHipsta OpsMonkey and our AKBro Hiro who are both in Japan and experienced the madness at Tokyo Dome.

Check it out if you have the time!

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2012, 10:11:18 AM »
As at August 24, 2012* with their election rankings

*note the date...still 2 days of TD to go  :panic:

Reaction pics

More vids

« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:57:11 PM by YKT »

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2012, 10:19:24 AM »
Man... I'm going to miss Sae so much. Like, I can't even describe.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

• Member+
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2012, 10:25:30 AM »
Ahhh... I'm so anxious to know what exactly the second day's news is next... it would be a miracle if TGSK didn't come out at all. But if he does, and it really IS an SKE shuffle... ... please just make it some good news (News that I and millions of others wouldn't have to adjust to) like a new sister group audition in Japan or something...

-

Offline kuronekosan

• Member+
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2012, 02:23:56 PM »
I bet that tons of people are stalking the boards now....Just waiting to see what happens next.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2012, 05:51:03 PM »
This is like the fastest non-scandal related thread.  I think Yuki will be happier not being Captain, since she always described herself as not the leader type.

Offline xAKawaiiB48x

• Member+
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2012, 06:43:09 PM »
Are there any full videos of the announcement and the reactions of the girls? I didn't check every single video in this topic so I'm sorry if they've already been posted

Offline yooshimen

• Member+
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2012, 07:14:24 PM »
I don't like this Team Shuffle very much but I like because Oshima Yuko is new captain of new Team K

Offline Serafis_CZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • serapiscz
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2012, 10:05:01 PM »
This way I'm never going to remember who is in which team :nervous  I finally managed to remember most of the old set-up.

How long will assignment to the foreign groups last? I'm going to miss seeing Sae :(

• Member+
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2012, 10:07:52 PM »
^ Who knows... but I'd be really happy or amazed if Sae came back speaking Chinese. AHAHA. :lol:

-

Offline yooshimen

• Member+
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2012, 10:12:18 PM »
And some girls moved to SHN48......are they singing in Chinese?

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2012, 10:19:56 PM »
We barely know anything about SHN48 at this point. We'll have to wait and see...

Offline alohellofan

• Member+
  • Aloha!!!<3
« Reply #139 on: August 26, 2012, 04:55:53 AM »

Wouldn't this transfer make Sae the Captain of SHN48 already... :lol:

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: WINK - Sugar Baby Love