JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - gift

Author Topic: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2013 Thread  (Read 31348 times)

Offline Daydreamer0Fly

• Crazed Fangirl
  • Member+
  • Crazed Fangirl
    • DaydreamerFly
Re: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2013 Thread
« Reply #100 on: July 13, 2013, 05:41:16 PM »
Are we allowed to leave while a group is performing, or is that not allowed/super rude? Most of the schedule works REALLY well for me, but there is this one area Day 1 with a LOT of groups I like, but all slightly overlapping to the point where I'd have to pick one and then have nothing to do lol

Similarly, during those performances with multiple groups, am I able to go in after one group finishes but it's technically still one live going?
Check out "idol BEATS Radio", the best place to listen to the idols of today, 24/7, worldwide!
http://www.idolbeatsradio.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/idolbeats
http://twitter.com/idolBEATSRadio

idol BEATS Radio is currently accepting votes for the 2014 New Years Coutndown, so please vote for your favorite idol songs of 2014! All idol fans should without a doubt vote. All voters will also be entered into a drawing for a free idol CD. (out of 26 choices)

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #101 on: July 13, 2013, 08:34:22 PM »
leaving while group is performing is kinda rude for me but hey is a festival so try to enjoy a bit of everything, i would do that if i was there... OK NO i would check Negicco, LinQ and Afilia lives completely then move around to whatever XD and that sounds even more rude.

and Shura, they are too... manly!  :bleed eyes: I don't understand how you can like all the groups known. is there some group that you actually dislike? at least a single bit??? c'mon you can't be this DD.  :lol:
Well thing is i don't really dislike a group but have no interest... the group i really i really consider a fan (a bad one but a fan anyways) is afilia saga (obviously) and Negicco too... and group relevant for me are LinQ and Passpo and Dempa and BiS and maybe QunQun... the rest not that much for now
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:55:54 AM by shurastriker »

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2013, 03:47:16 AM »
Shura, take Negicco off your list and we can become "best friends forever".  :lol:

I only try to avoid leaving during a song is playing, cuz well... it sucks for the people trying to watch it, you know. but after that, I see no problem. unless of course you play a rat and stay in the first line right in front of the stage and try to get out passing through the whole audience.  :lol:

I`ll put my feelings about the time table and all later. (rage post incoming. take the kids out of the room, please)  :P

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2013, 07:10:59 AM »
Shura, take Negicco off your list and we can become "best friends forever".  :lol:
one bad word about negicco and i kill you... i mean or maybe you can add negicco to your list XD

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2013, 07:54:39 PM »
Already received my 2-day bracelet last week. I don't know that you're not allowed to remove the bracelet after wearing it and what's worse is that they made it pink. I'd hate to be wearing something pink on my hand for two days without being able to remove it. Anyone knows whether the staff really checks whether if we are wearing the bracelet properly?

Been shying away going to TIF for three straight years since I hate being outside during Japanese summer so this is going to be my first TIF.

I would probably be watching Idoling!!! along with Sakura Gakuin with a little bit of Tokyo Joshiryuu and their collaboration. I'll avoid the main stage since they will probably be aired on either Nicovideo or CS, so I'll get to see them either way when I get home.

Offline Daydreamer0Fly

• Crazed Fangirl
  • Member+
  • Crazed Fangirl
    • DaydreamerFly
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2013, 08:11:39 PM »
Already received my 2-day bracelet last week. I don't know that you're not allowed to remove the bracelet after wearing it and what's worse is that they made it pink. I'd hate to be wearing something pink on my hand for two days without being able to remove it. Anyone knows whether the staff really checks whether if we are wearing the bracelet properly?

Been shying away going to TIF for three straight years since I hate being outside during Japanese summer so this is going to be my first TIF.

I would probably be watching Idoling!!! along with Sakura Gakuin with a little bit of Tokyo Joshiryuu and their collaboration. I'll avoid the main stage since they will probably be aired on either Nicovideo or CS, so I'll get to see them either way when I get home.

You are definitely NOT supposed to take them off. I mean, you can go ahead and try and then try to tie it back on somehow, but I would suggest just not doing it. xD
Check out "idol BEATS Radio", the best place to listen to the idols of today, 24/7, worldwide!

idol BEATS Radio is currently accepting votes for the 2014 New Years Coutndown, so please vote for your favorite idol songs of 2014! All idol fans should without a doubt vote. All voters will also be entered into a drawing for a free idol CD. (out of 26 choices)

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2013, 10:07:10 PM »
^^ Last year I took the wristband off after the first day. I tried to reattach it the next day but it kept falling off and I almost lost it several times. If the staff was smart they would give each wristband a slight pull every time you enter a venue, just to make sure it's on properly. Fortunately for me they never did. The most scrutiny you'll get is at the main stage where they check a little closer. I'm sure you would be fine if you removed it, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's possible they smartened up this year and realized that during day two people could easily swap them out.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2013, 12:20:48 AM »
yeah man, better stay with it. c`mon, it`s not such a big deal, is it? since it`s plastic you can easily take a shower with it and so on...

[rant]
about the stages and time table, I just HATED it. even if I try to go through the absences of this year festival, the time table does nothing to help it. the Idol Club Night which was supposed to give the option to stay the whole night there, is pointless now that it ends at ten o`clock. why bother making it? they continue having those group slots like "Fresh girls", "Colorful idols"... why not give them separate appearances? there's time slot for it! and they continue using very badly the time, like making shows one right after another, without time to let people come in or out, while some stages stop being used way before the others (look at the Church stage. it stops being used almost FOUR HOURS before the others!) and while some groups are performing only once a day (Afilia at 28th) there are groups appearing like FOUR times! WTF! of course as expected they put several groups that I liked to see in the same hours, as well.  :banghead:

and the stages... they changed from DiverCity to the old Zepp. I have no real problem with the place, but it`s considerably more distant than the previous one. you could easily access the Gundam stage and have a great sight there, but the Church stage on the other hand... not only you`ll have to enter the shopping mall and walk through its labyrinth of paths, but the Church stage is really tiny and unless you get there way before to guarantee a place, you`ll stay back the portal and will have a shitty view (I know well cuz I already saw a Smileage event there). don`t get me wrong, the church is beautiful and all but in a crowded event like this, your experience won`t probably be the best one. I see no reason to make these changes unless they are counting with a rainy weekend, so it would make sense to have shows in a protected area. either way, I fail to understand why they are not using the MegaWeb stage, since it would give more reasoning to leave the Fuji TV area if there were more attractions around Zepp. it really sucks having to walk ten minutes or more just to see a single performance and walk all the way back.
[/rant]

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2013, 02:36:36 AM »
i totally agree with that they should give a break between each performance... Also Afilia show should be 45 mins at least lol so they can do a decent MC lol the best part of their introductions is when Shukure gets mad

Offline Daydreamer0Fly

• Crazed Fangirl
  • Member+
  • Crazed Fangirl
    • DaydreamerFly
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2013, 03:30:36 AM »
I have 2 questions for anyone who thinks they could help ><;

1. Someone said they think the Info Centre is just for talk, not performances....is that true?? O.O

2. For Enjoy Studium, Info Centre, and Doll Factory...they are on floors 2 and 3 of that building, it looks like? It won't be a one-elevator thing like the Sky Stage last year do you think, will it? I mean, will there be more elevators or escalators or stairs?

3. When do you think they will announce when each group is at the greeting square? i know you usually find out what's available for each group day of (whether they are offering handshakes or chekis or whatever it may be) but shouldn't they put who is there when so we can plan it into our schedules?

4. If I want to see GEM at Hot Stage, how much beforehand do you think I'd need to arrive to get a decent spot?

Also, considering the location of Venus Church, I'm feeling pretty glad I don't really have anything i wanna see there much xD
Also gotta say I'm with you on the Venus Church thing...in general, I just wish the filled spaces with more groups. I want more chances to see everyone I like xD
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 03:40:14 AM by Daydreamer0Fly »

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2013, 05:10:20 AM »
Also Afilia show should be 45 mins at least lol so they can do a decent MC lol the best part of their introductions is when Shukure gets mad

THIS. with so little time, they have two options: do the introductions and sing like four songs or go without a proper introduction and sing one more. if they plan an MC to talk about releases and incoming shows, its done. no more time for anything.

hey Daydreamer, you asked four questions not two.  :P where you heard about the Info Centre thing? I know they'll do some talk shows there, but ALL the performances will be only talking? I really hope not. about the stages in the Fuji TV building, last year Doll Factory was located in a studio in the first floor, that you had to access by going through the backside of the building. dunno if it will be different this year. I'm guessing the "enjoy stadium" is the new "fantastic theater"? if so, it will be located in a corridor in the first floor.

about GEM... well it's not a so hyped group... it depends on what you consider a "decent spot". I'm pretty sure even if arrive after it started you'll be able to walk till the middle of the floor. if you want to grab a spot near the stage, come a few minutes before, like before the previous act finishes. but if you're talking about being in the first lane, well... it will cost you seeing one or two previous performances to steal the place, probably.

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #111 on: July 15, 2013, 05:52:12 AM »
yeah man, better stay with it. c`mon, it`s not such a big deal, is it? since it`s plastic you can easily take a shower with it and so on...

Don't get me wrong, I just don't want to be seen with a pink bracelet on my hand on the train back home.
I guess I'll just wear a wristwatch or wristband over it then :lol:

This year's Info Centre will probably be similar to last year's Welcome Marquee where they did short interviews with lesser known idol groups.
I just noticed it really is spelled Enjoy Studium :lol:

Offline Daydreamer0Fly

• Crazed Fangirl
  • Member+
  • Crazed Fangirl
    • DaydreamerFly
« Reply #112 on: July 15, 2013, 05:54:20 AM »
hey Daydreamer, you asked four questions not two.  :P where you heard about the Info Centre thing? I know they'll do some talk shows there, but ALL the performances will be only talking? I really hope not. about the stages in the Fuji TV building, last year Doll Factory was located in a studio in the first floor, that you had to access by going through the backside of the building. dunno if it will be different this year. I'm guessing the "enjoy stadium" is the new "fantastic theater"? if so, it will be located in a corridor in the first floor.

about GEM... well it's not a so hyped group... it depends on what you consider a "decent spot". I'm pretty sure even if arrive after it started you'll be able to walk till the middle of the floor. if you want to grab a spot near the stage, come a few minutes before, like before the previous act finishes. but if you're talking about being in the first lane, well... it will cost you seeing one or two previous performances to steal the place, probably.

Yeah...it WAS two, but then I thought of more XDDD Anyway, I'm hoping not, too. I think they are probably wrong, since groups like Weather Girls have one or two performances and one is listed there....so I feel like it's gotta be a perf, not a talk session? I hope, at least.
Thanks for all the info ^_^ The day I arrive or maybe on the 26th I think I'm just gonna go explore and try to find where everything is going to be xD

Thanks for the GEM info. My main worry is that I'd like to be at Sunmyu's performance at the Azure Stage before GEM. It ends an hour before GEM starts, but I hear getting up and down from the stage can be rough... :/ Then again, Sunmyu doesn't seem all that popular, and after them is RYUist who I never hear a ton about, so I'm hoping the elevator isn't gonna have a big line. I don't need to be front row, but I'd like to be able to see the girls well enough ^_^ Anyway, worst comes to worse, I don't even mind leaving Sunmyu a bit early, despite it being a short-ish performance. I'm not hardcore about the group, but I AM getting pretty interested at a kind of fast rate, so more than anything I wanna see them a bit, and I just don't want them to become one of my favorite idol groups some time and regret having not see them perform while I had the chance.

Anyway, so long as last-minute changes and such aren't drastic and delays aren't awful and I can keep to my schedule pretty well, it seems I'm going to see everyone I was interested in except for one at LEAST once. So, I'm feeling pretty dang happy xD

This year's Info Centre will probably be similar to last year's Welcome Marquee where they did short interviews with lesser known idol groups.
I just noticed it really is spelled Enjoy Studium :lol:

Agh, so you really think it's going to be interviews and stuff, not performances? D: That's going to seriously mess with my schedule if so....hm...
Seems strange for a group like Weather Girls to be there, then, just for an interview. They are only there one day, and I can only even see them listed on the schedule one time...and that's for the Info Centre. Would they really go just for a interview and not perform at all?? D:

If groups are actually performing there, I have 6 scheduled to go see, two of which I REALLY wanna go to. It's gonna suck if you're right >< Though if they had something like it last year, I suppose that's likely how it'll be.... :/
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 05:59:41 AM by Daydreamer0Fly »

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #113 on: July 15, 2013, 06:31:26 AM »
Agh, so you really think it's going to be interviews and stuff, not performances? D: That's going to seriously mess with my schedule if so....hm...
Seems strange for a group like Weather Girls to be there, then, just for an interview. They are only there one day, and I can only even see them listed on the schedule one time...and that's for the Info Centre. Would they really go just for a interview and not perform at all?? D:

If groups are actually performing there, I have 6 scheduled to go see, two of which I REALLY wanna go to. It's gonna suck if you're right >< Though if they had something like it last year, I suppose that's likely how it'll be.... :/

Weather Girls are listed for performances under Power Push Live in Doll Factory (12:10-13:40) and in Azure Stage (19:30-19:50). You must've missed it :)

Offline Daydreamer0Fly

• Crazed Fangirl
  • Member+
  • Crazed Fangirl
    • DaydreamerFly
« Reply #114 on: July 15, 2013, 04:25:37 PM »

Weather Girls are listed for performances under Power Push Live in Doll Factory (12:10-13:40) and in Azure Stage (19:30-19:50). You must've missed it :)

I do that a lot :P xD I'm awful with Japanese so all the names in Romaji I gotta really focus to recognize xD Not surprising I missed some xD

Well thank you ^_^ I messed with my schedule a bit. Due to some decisions I made yesterday, taking out the Info Centre stuff that I thought were performances didn't actually mess with anything, really. So I'm really happy. I feel like I have a really good schedule *__* Only acts I'd like to see that it seems I won't catch are Bakusute Sotokanda Icchome (Will probably visit their cafe a lot during my trip though, anyway xD), Predia, and Weather Girls. And none of those were at all "must sees", just very much "their music is kinda cool, wouldn't mind catching them."

So things turned out very well  :D Now just gotta pray for not minimal schedule changes and no delays that mess with my plans ;-;

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2013, 01:16:01 AM »
hmmm makes sense, cuz this year we don`t have the "Welcome Marquee"... damn, my schedule is turning even worse.  :angry:

saw some guys at 2ch talking that the Church stage will have free attendance, like the Gundam one last year. if it's true, that stage must REALLY be skipped, folks. it'll be crowded all day and you'll see nothing. well, either way it's not that bad since the only group that I would like to see there was Up Up but there'll be other opportunities. the group that should perform there is Afilia. it would fit perfectly, the scenario and their uniforms (the original ones). I hope someday they make an release event there...

Daydreamer, only stay aware that RYUTist has considerably more fans than those other groups you named. after two editions, this year will hopefully be my first time in that sky stage. I so fucking want to see how it is to watch a concert there... I'll try to see Lucky Color's and Pre-dia there.  :twothumbs

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2013, 09:06:36 AM »
How realistic is it to expect to be able to see two shows in a row at the Hot Stage? I really want to see Sakura Gakuin after Dream5 on 7/28 and I don't really mind seeing from the back row. We have to re-queue after a show had finished right?

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2013, 12:05:48 PM »
You can camp out at any stage for as long as you want. With each change in performers you should be able to get a lot closer to the front as other fans leave. I plan on being at the main stage most of the day during day 1 in order to achieve my lifelong dream of being in the front row of a SUPER GiRLS concert.

I did just notice that they already made a change in the lineup: Dorothy Little Happy and Tokyo Girls Style swapped time-slots. I can't get upset because I knew they would make updates (it was obvious with all the gaps in some of the stages), but I figured the main stage would be set. Although the Main Stage changed a lot last year a few days before. So I guess everything that is currently listed on the timetable can potentially change. Good thing I haven't spent 30+ hours planning my schedule, that would be lame XD

Offline Daydreamer0Fly

• Crazed Fangirl
  • Member+
  • Crazed Fangirl
    • DaydreamerFly
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2013, 11:12:10 PM »
I'm so fearing changes. I hope they starts tweeting about changes. Once it gets closer to the date I'll start checking everything I planned on just in case regardless, though. I'm really nervous my schedule will get ruined somehow xD

Offline Daydreamer0Fly

• Crazed Fangirl
  • Member+
  • Crazed Fangirl
    • DaydreamerFly
« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2013, 04:24:58 PM »
When will we know what groups are at the greeting square at what times? Where will this be posted??

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - gift