JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Samayoeru Aoi Dangan-

Author Topic: Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 47: Our Final Promise][COMPLETE]  (Read 132592 times)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Re: Our Cursed Gift
« Reply #860 on: April 05, 2007, 02:00:45 AM »
4 more comments to continue the story, y'all xD

Offline Ren

• ワーイε=ヾ(*・∀・)/
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I'm a girl!
« Reply #861 on: April 05, 2007, 02:13:02 AM »
Does another comment from the same user count? XD

Just as Reina have to work hard to open Maki's door so Maki can tell Reina about her father, we need to work hard to open Yuuyami's door so she can post the new chapter for us :heart:.
*gets kicked* XD

Offline Sakura Momusu

• TakaGaki minion, rank E.R.I.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Penguins are our friends, turtles are fine too. ^^
« Reply #862 on: April 07, 2007, 09:32:41 AM »
hmmm...how must a Yuuyami-demand comment look like?

Maki's Past: Right now I'm expecting something rather gruesome, then again it may just make Reina love Maki more.

Taka-Gaki: Love it...simply loving it.  ;D :heart:

Miki & Maki: They're starting to seem like hyperactive sisters who exaggerate actions to each other. Then again, so do the other Orochi heads... ::)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #863 on: April 07, 2007, 01:18:48 PM »
Yeah, that sort of comment is pretty much a good basis. Though, Youkaichica's comment from the previous page is the rolemodel of what I want my comments to look like xD Basically, I don't want a comment where all it says is "Good job" or "___ and ___ is <3. Write more" or anything like that which makes me think that you don't even bother trying to figure out the story at all. So as a result, it makes me think that you only read the story for the couplings, and that's a nono xD I want people to get involved with the story and try to piece everything together since all of my chapters in the past are ALWAYS significant to future chapters. Even now, if you piece together certain chapters in the past, anyone could figure out the situation with Maki and her Father.

Anywho, 3 more comments to go :3...!

Offline glcorps2002

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Rina Akiyama: Booty Beauty
« Reply #864 on: April 07, 2007, 03:05:25 PM »
My turn! First I'd like to say that it's nice to see Miki is being more caring to the others. Is this a sign of her curse fading away/being lifted? Second, I feel Maki had something to do with her father's death, but after reading YoukaiChica's post I'm starting to think Rika has had some hand in it. Finally,(pardon the geek-out) the law of the conservation of energy says that all that Orochi demon energy had to go somewhere. Did it go into Rika? Or Yossie? And would Rika's demigod powers fade like the Demons did?

Offline Snoopy

« Reply #865 on: April 07, 2007, 03:42:49 PM »
ok comments on the chapter
Its nice to see into Maki and Miki's relationship more
with them both in a way jealous and envious of each other
qualities.Sharing a rivalry mixed with a bond of friendship down inside.

Miki is becoming nicer probaby due to the fact
that she and Aya are officially dating and
Miki as a person has grown and matured since the begining and it is
showing though her being more caring and nicer towards the other members

Maki and her father im thinking that it is probably not really maki's fault,
but she related to the incident so she places the blame on herself.
Some people like rika have been saying that it is her fault that her father died.
Since maki probably already does blame herself this is just embedded more in her,
and Rika wanting all the orochi to be with her shoves this in her face constantly
which is probably why Maki isolates herself from people

Sometimes people need to have some sense or advice beaten into them
which Miki does literally  :D. Miki gave reina a painful wake up call *wonder how maki will react when she
sees the damage*  for her to cast her insecurities aside and summon the courage to give Maki some loving  ::)
first time I typed so much that wasn't study related thats all for now
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 03:43:42 PM by Snoopy »

Offline black velvet

• Smut!Slut
  • Member+
  • yoonyul <3
« Reply #866 on: April 08, 2007, 11:33:23 PM »
Oops. I read this before, but never got around to commenting. Stupid school. :P

I really want Maki and Reina to go ahead and confess to one another. It's extremely obvious, but the only thing that has really held them back is the curse and Maki's secret. The curse has held some of the others back a little, but everyone else has eventually confessed. Now, it's their turn . . . I hope it turns out well, yet I'm afraid that something bad will happen. :<

Maki and Miki chemisty is too funny and cute. I love it. Also, the idea of Ai-chan writing romance novels made me giggle. I can see her doing that, too. xD

And, haha, you said "ya'll". ::)

Offline ~Psychotic~o_o~

« Reply #867 on: April 12, 2007, 12:10:44 AM »
I've finally caught up with the reading...and now comment time...god I suck at this but I'll try giving it a shot if it means to have the next chapter up...first off,Rika's starting to bug me but i feel sorry for her at the same time...and secondly..ooo Maki's finally going to open up the door to Reina. Could it be she had feelings for her dad and didn't open up?...somewhat resulting in his death because Rika found out and thought that was how to break the curse...o god that's quite a disturbing thought.. or could it be that she had to choose between rika and her family....Maki was too stubborn to leave her family and Rika killed Maki's father(sounds like something a psycho would do)...yes a psycho>_>.OMG could Rika actually be mentally unbalanced??...MAKI CONFESS YOUR UNDYING LOVE FOR REINA ALREADY!!

Before I make anymore dim-witted yet slightly(verrrryyy slightly)possible assumptions, let me move onto what I liked in the previous chapter
1. Miki going on her slapping spree ^-^
2. Reina sneaking up on Ai
3. Basically the whole thing

That's all for now...holy crap longest comment ever..oh one question...the curse makes them sacrifice something right?..relationships..happiness..MAKI'S FATHER maybe??

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #868 on: April 13, 2007, 01:34:02 AM »
From now on, I'm just going to address the major concerns of the comments, since OCG is ending soon xD

Regarding Maki and her Father: A lot of you have many interesting theories, but like I said before, I actually laid all the clues out in the past (and early) chapters so it's pretty easy to put together xD

Regarding Reina's reaction towards Maki: Hmm, a lot of you are saying that she will accept Maki regardless, we'll see what happens xD

Regarding Miki's Development: Glad to know it's been recognized. I've worked hard on her character <3

I have to warn you all though, the next few chapters are going to seem a little AU xD

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #869 on: April 13, 2007, 01:41:20 AM »
Warning: This chapter is REALLY short compared to others. That and some parts might not make sense o_o;

Chapter 43: Soliloquy: Hitorijime

It was raining rather hard today. But here she was, enticed by the falling drops of one of the gods, the god she was supposedly descended from. Rika had both of her palms flat on the glass balcony door, leaning heavily against it. The glass was very cold to her touch, but she didn’t mind. After all, she did happen to descend from a god whose element is the storm and wind.

“Ojou-sama?” Yui called out almost silently as she opened the door. “Is there something that bothers you?”

“…Yeah,” Rika turned her head slightly sideways to look at the younger with the corner of her eye.

“What is it?”

Rika curled her fingers against the glass, head tilting forward in a depressed manner. “I changed, didn’t I?”

Yui shut the door behind her and stood near Rika, staring at her back, listening for more intently.

“Didn’t I used to be nicer? Wasn’t I kind once? So much that they had even called me ‘motherly’ because of my kindness?” Rika lowered her eyelids slightly. “That woman… Shibata… Her words hurt me very much…”

Hitomi too…Back then, she was so kind… So sweet to me… Something about her changed… But what had caused her change? Why is she always acting like everything is a play-thing for her? Is she expecting a certain answer from me for something? I don’t like this… I don’t like this at all… Why can’t we go back to those days?

“Is that when my world began to collapse…?” Rika’s fingers enclosed themselves into fists against the balcony door. She began to reminiscence all the times she had thought herself to contradict the image given by her fellow companions in the past.

From there…

“I hear rumors now… I think Ruru and Kaorin are dating... Are you going to allow that, Ojou-sama?”

That world was distorting…

Rika felt a piece of her soul tear itself away from her… She clasped onto her heart tightly, panicking at the sudden departure. “No… Yui…”

Desperately reaching out…

“Why are you so obsessed with this damn bond that you share?! Can’t you see that your supposedly ‘loyal’ Hitomi preferred me over you?! That experience was intoxicating! You’re definitely no good for her, you bitch! I can see why she left you for me!”

Trying to hold it together…

“What’s bothering me, you ask, Ojou-sama? Hmm… I thought I saw Ai and Risa being intimate with each other earlier… I wonder if that is supposed to suggest something…”

No matter how much I was being betrayed…

Rika glared at the sorrowful atmosphere before her. She glared very contemptuously towards the cityscape below from where she stood, cursing everything with her narrow eyes which could possibly kill if given the feature to do so.

Then she came… That lonewolf…

“I thought bonds could never be broken… I was mistaken… I was mistaken but kept praying…I will never be free because I have the blood… I’m condemned… I kept restraining everyone like a real curse… Because I felt like I would die if I didn’t do so…”

The corners of Yui’s mouth sank further into the frown she had on previously, unable to speak for she knew no words of consolation. Instead, she continued listening intently to her Ojou-sama.

“But already, it’s useless…” Rika backed away from the door, now simply staring at the outside scenery with saddened eyes, “Everyone is leaving me…”

Risa backed Rika into the glass wall. Yui could not stop Risa’s flying fist in time. There was a loud crashing noise when Risa’s punch connected. Yui and Rika were both shocked at the outcome. Risa had hit the glass door, shattering the glass she had hit, leaving her hand bloody from the shards. She had narrowly missed Rika, for her extended arm rested on the head’s shoulder.

Everyone is betraying me…

“About those weeks ago… Things had changed. I have various things to consider ever since that day. What I… I only… Erm… I tried to work out the origins. I have thought about it constantly, but there wasn’t anything useful from it… However, I can tell you one thing… I can’t stay by your side forever. I can’t do it. You can’t bind me anymo—”

Everyone is leaving me behind…

There was a loud door slam much to the surprise of the fourth head and the demi-goddess. They both whirled around to find out who had just intruded.

It was Ayumi, and in the door frame was her manager and the Viyuuden manager, gasping for breath.

“Shibata!” her manager held the other manager by the shoulder to support himself.

“I was struck by realization…” Ayumi panted, “Someone had to stop you… And everything’s clear now…I should have done this from the beginning…” she glared at Rika, grasping the knife in her hand tighter.

Rika kept on a calm front, analyzing her once best friend’s state of emotion as the frightened managers looked on. “That’s very low of you to do that…”

“That box… I know of it…” Ayumi growled, “Your ‘loyal dog’ told me that it has something very precious to you in it... Something of mine I heard… Anything that belongs to me deserves to be returned to me at once! I can’t stand the thought of having such a bitch holding it…”

This woman… I promised myself that I wouldn’t lose to her…

Rika reached inside of her drawers and pulled out the aforementioned object, that dark marble designed box. “I’ll give you want you want then!” Rika glared with animosity as she smiled, “You want it?!” and then she threw the box at the older.

Ayumi caught the box and threw the knife away, too desperately caught up with what was inside of the box like a carnivorous animal gorging itself on its prey. She tore open the box and gazed at what was inside.

There was a bright silver chain necklace inside of it. A broken silver chain necklace which was in pieces was Rika’s most precious item?

“What is the meaning of this!?”

Rika winced at the comprehension of the words Ayumi spat at her. “You forgot didn’t you…? When we had that fight about Hitomi, you ripped that necklace from your neck, claiming that our friendship ties were over…I collected the pieces and kept them…”

“That friendship necklace? Why would you do such a thing?!”

“Because I thought one day… I thought maybe one day you’ll come back to me as the best friend I treasured...”

“What madness do you speak of, Ishikawa-san? You lack common sense! This woman who supposedly was your best friend had wielded a weapon with ill intention of killing you! Do you really think something like that furthers your ideal image of her returning to you as a best friend?!” Rika’s manager shouted at her.

“Yeah…” Rika crouched down to pick up the knife that had landed near her feet,  “I guess that day will never come, eh?”

When Ayumi looked up from the box, she saw the demi-goddess towering over her, with the knife raised over her head.

But the one broken… Is me…

“But I’m not going to fall down to your level…” Rika said as she walked past Ayumi, knife at a less conspicuous level. “Take her home,” she said to the corresponding manager as she walked off into the hallway. The managers and the older woman were left speechless as they watched Yui chase after the Viyuuden leader.

Yui had found Rika standing in the rain near the front of the building. Immediately, she ran out and stood near her. She knew that Rika was aware of her presence by the way Rika lifted her head to look straight.

“I was… I was still torn about the box… A part of me believed that she would come back as the best friend I knew… A part of me believed that the woman I remembered was gone forever… But keeping that necklace furthers my belief that she would come back… So I kept it with me,” Rika turned around to face Yui, a few tears escaped from the demi-goddess’s eyes from restraining those tears before. “Is my common sense so bad? Why did no one teach me otherwise? How am I supposed to know what I don’t know? If anyone else’s common sense is so obvious, how come I was not taught?!”

Yui pulled the older into a hug, allowing her someone to cry on.

“Unknown experiences and understanding…” Yui began, “From here on, you can learn from this. Shall we change, Ojou-sama? If you continue thinking as you are with these bonds… They will tear you apart and you will never be satisfied…”

“Why didn’t you tell me from the beginning…?” Rika almost growled in Yui’s embrace. “Why didn’t you push me away that time? Why didn’t you abandon me from the beginning? Did you pity me?”

“That…” Yui fought for words to say.

“You just keep talking…”

Yui felt a sharp pain in her lower back. She struggled with breathing and trying to maintain her consciousness as she realized what had just happened—Rika had just stabbed her with the knife.

“Half-trying to abandon me… Half-trying to help me…Your kindness has been killing me…” Rika backed away, pulling the knife out of Yui’s back as she did so. “All this time! ‘It was a mistake’ won’t help you! Take responsibility! Atone! Die and atone!” Rika shouted as she turned to run into the empty night streets.

Yui did not have the energy to run after the older. She was slowly losing consciousness as well…

She heard a gasp behind her. She used all of her strength to turn around, grasping her wound as she did so. “Oh… You’re the bodyguard that gave me the key…” she weakly said.

“Okada-san! You’re bleeding! We have to get you to a hospital!” the female guard said in a frantic worry.

“Don’t worry about me…” Yui was now panting, “Just… go find her… Go after her…” and with that, the fourth head collapsed onto the ground, no longer conscious.

Everything falls apart…

Erika looked at the sight before her. She was holding an umbrella amidst the now light rain, walking around the neighborhood of her parent’s house. At her feet was a dead garden snake, lying lifeless on the ground.

“I wonder what happened to you?” Erika said sadly as she crouched, looking closer. “Did a bird get to you?” she stood up again, still looking at the dead snake.

“I wonder what Yui is doing now…”

And then death comes…

Rika was soaking wet, but not that it mattered. She looked at her hands which were once stained with the blood of the woman she had stabbed earlier.

“Because it’s Yui’s fault… It’s her responsibility to atone…” she said grimly, clinging to herself in the cold, for the rain was now just a slight drizzle. But that wasn’t the case… Rika knew Yui better than that…

“Are you nervous for our first Viyuuden tour?” Yui asked as she opened the curtains, letting the night illuminate the room. “Come, you should breathe fresh air from the night, it will make you sleep easier, I promise,” the younger turned around and smiled kindly at the older.

“Does it matter how much time passes when it’s someone else’s fault…?” Rika tilted her head upwards, looking at the clouded sky.  “So I’m to blame…?”

She then glared at the empty direction in front of her, “So I’m to blame for everything’s that’s happened?” She gripped the knife tighter, “But if I’m just a fragment like this…”

Where will the Orochi go?

Regardless of chapter length, there's A LOT of things to comment on here, so I still want fifteen reviews. If I see very 7 nice long and efficient reviews/critiques, I'll post the next chapter by that too.

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #870 on: April 13, 2007, 02:36:23 AM »
I was right, Rika is just lonely, disturbed and mildly(?) psychotic. XD Great evil can spring from the smallest seeds. It's quite interesting to see her splinter into tinier pieces. If she can no longer even distinguish friend from foe (assuming she has any friends left really), it should be entertaining to see to what lengths she would go to lay blame on everyone but herself. Even if that last part has her thinking that it might be her fault, I highly doubt that she'll accept it on her own that easily. She probably won't learn on her own. If she did, things wouldn't be this way in the first place.

Hmm, the symbolism of Erika and that dead snake is fascinating. I want her to help too! ^^ My brain is addled (XD) now, so I can't think of much. ^^

This satisfies the requirements, yes? ^_^

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #871 on: April 13, 2007, 05:05:20 AM »
I can't believe it! No, I really can. Rika just keeps pushing away everyone close to her. And if Yui dies, I hope Erika finds out and kills Rika...

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
« Reply #872 on: April 13, 2007, 02:46:57 PM »
O___________________________O;;

Rika...STABBED...Yui?!?! FTW?

For some reason, I'm actually finding this whole thing not very shocking. .__.

Like Estrea pointed out, Rika is just lonely and disturbed. :x But more than just mildly psychotic. xD After all, Yui seemed to be the only one that was really there for her, yet she went and broke that connection. (Quite harshly too.) Then, /after/ killing her, she went and started to realize that it was, indeed, her fault.

Good (and sad) chapter! Write more >:C
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
Re: Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 43: Soliloquy: Hitorijime]
« Reply #873 on: April 13, 2007, 04:52:26 PM »
At first I thought it was a mistake for me to think that Yui turned back into a snake because she was stabbed (and being stabbed as an animal/human turns you  back into an animal , yadda yadda).... But then I remembered that it can't be possible (or can it? haha) and reading Estrea's comment I realized the symbolism.

Wow, I can't beleive that there was something precious in that box, I really thought that Ayumi just trying to get Ai into more trouble. Heh, I guess there really was something important in there. Don't tell me it was Yossui who told her that.... Sigh, oh Yossui.

Yui, shank'd? That's messed up man.

-Owaranai_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline Shoko

• Member+
« Reply #874 on: April 14, 2007, 08:37:51 AM »
Argh, evil Rika is evil! She had no right to do that to Yui! Damn Rika! Damn her!

And I don't know whether to love or hate Ayumi. I mean, the whole box thing was interesting, but still.. :<

I can't wait for the next chapter! Hopefully more on Maki's past, but the Yui-Rika relationship is interesting too :)

*Hopes that's a long enough comment :P*
Having a hard day? Send me a PM and I'll create a parody of something! It's my policy to make you laugh. If you don't, I will do it again. Until you crack a smile :)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #875 on: April 14, 2007, 10:55:28 PM »
The whole necklace thing with Shiba-chan...that's just heartwrenching.  :k-sad:

Yui's been the most loyal to Oujo-sama. That fact that she stabbed her shows how messed up Rika has gotten.  :scared:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Brat-san

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ̣̣̣̣̣
« Reply #876 on: April 15, 2007, 12:39:00 AM »
NO! YUI!

Rika...you mislead me! ;_;

Offline stefy

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #877 on: April 15, 2007, 12:13:06 PM »
Rika killed YUI?.... Rika killed YUI.... wait YUI isn't dead yet right? she just unconscious.. right? I wonder, since Rika refuse to blame herself or get pass the recent changes.. will she go around killing those who's curse were broken until no one is by her side?

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #878 on: April 15, 2007, 01:49:50 PM »
Damn, Rika's insane, stabbing the only person who was loyal and cared for her even after the curse was lifted. Don't let her be dead. (that scene with Erika and the snake, I hope that's not Yui)

Offline YoukaiChica

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #879 on: April 15, 2007, 03:06:31 PM »
Jeez. Rika has finally lost it. Why would you stab the one person who has been loyal to you? Who has given up love and living their own life just to watch over you??? Oh Rika.

And where is she going with that knife?!?! I think, and this is just me guessing, that she'll go to Reina's apartment/living place and try to get rid of her. Maki would save her BUT Rika will reveal Maki's past and Reina will feel betrayed blah blah blah! But who knows? You're the genius not me. And one more thing: that snake Erika finds isn't Yui is it?? I'll be so sad if it is...

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: B`z - Samayoeru Aoi Dangan-