JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Secret Garden

Author Topic: Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 47: Our Final Promise][COMPLETE]  (Read 131650 times)

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Prance. Do it. Now. N.O.W.
Re: Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 44: Inerasable Sin]
« Reply #900 on: April 24, 2007, 02:25:50 AM »
<3

Chapter 45: Soliloquy: Indigo Blue Love

There are chains that bind.

“Ishikawa-san…” Reina’s eyes flared in its reflection of fear.

“It’s ending… The end is coming…” Rika said in a small voice as she walked towards Reina, the younger stepping back with each step the demi-goddess took.

Reina couldn’t register what was going on in her present time. She was too busy replaying the flashback of her time with Maki before Rika had come to her prescence.

“Your love is an illusion…”

But that time…Maki… When I asked you if you loved me, the expression you gave to me when I asked that question.

That expression.

It pained me.

It pained me very much.

Because instead of the singer I had idolized, I saw Sorrow possessing your body. I saw Grief making you become so pale. I saw Sadness watching me through your lifeless eyes. I heard Suffering escape your lips when you told me that my love was an illusion.

I saw Death flash by my eyes when you said that.

There are bonds that cannot chain.

The feeling of being left behind…

Reina realized that she had backed up behind some shrubbery and was now standing on a wet hilltop which overlooked the city she dwelled in.

The feeling of you leaving me behind…

Rika knew this place somehow, but it was very vague. This was the place Aya and Miki seem to frequent a lot in the past, she recalled. She then stood still, to which the younger also stopped in her tracks.

It’s like you have the power to reach into the darkness and grab my heart

Reina looked at the descendant of Susanoo with tears still falling out of them.

The power to take my heart and then tear it apart…

“You must be very happy now…You’ve won. You’ve taken my place. Everyone is leaving me just to see you. You must be feeling well… Thanks to you, I have mistakenly become the bad guy. Thanks to you, my world has been shattered…” Rika said in a low and controlled voice, as if refusing to let tears escape her mourning eyes.

“I hate people like you most of all…” Rika took a few more steps towards Reina, to which Reina looked behind her to find that the hill ended in a slight cliff due to erosion a few meters from her.

“I hate people that break the worlds of others and then to still be able to stay ‘clean…’ Those people are the filthiest among us all.”

Ishikawa-san… I think… I think I understand a little bit now…

Reina walked forward to gain a firm stance against Rika, however, the demi-goddess lashed and managed to give Reina a light scar on her left arm, just a bit above the elbow. The younger winced in pain, gripping the now bleeding arm and staggering backwards slightly. The rain washed Reina’s blood from the knife quickly afterwards.

“Don’t come near me, you make me sick!” Rika shouted aloud to the other, keeping her knife at an offensive stance.

She hated her own shallowness.

All this time…

“You were lonely, but all this time, you‘ve pretended to strong.”

From the very start…You were special to the Orochi—special to the others.

You had a line drawn around you.

You weren’t a part of the circle.

You had stood higher than that.

Treating and being treated…

That’s no different from being left behind.

“You believed that your eternity will never change because if you didn’t have that belief…”

Rika continued to listen.

“You would have been frightened.”

“Shut up…” Rika’s eyes were slowly betraying her will, and released a few drops of tears with the rain sliding down her face.

“It’s frightening because you have no choice—”

“Shut up!” Rika grabbed her own head with her empty hand, feeling that she would lash out again if she didn’t. “Speaking like you know everything… I have no desire to be preached to by someone as filthy as you, taking everything away from me!”

“It’s true.”

Rika looked up, tears enveloping her eyes.

“I was wishing for an eternity while denying your wish for the everlasting.”

“Well then you must be happy, right?!” Rika shouted at the other, “My dream of the everlasting was shattered!”

“You can’t always assume that you’re the only one suffering, Ishikawa-san,” Reina nearly choked on her tears saying that. “While you dreams of the everlasting shattered, my dream of eternity also fell apart!”

Why didn’t you grant my selfish wish?

Why didn’t you say “I love you” in return?

Why did you have to become the object of my darkness?

Why was my eternity snatched away when you said “Your love is an illusion” to me?

If ‘changing’ is a part of life…

Then why must life be gentle and cruel?

Even if there are many difficulties…

Even if I’m told that my love is an illusion…

Even if I want to tell myself over and over again that I hate Maki as a good luck charm…

I am still in love with her.

Even if she doesn’t return my feelings.

I don’t intend to dwell in the past any longer.

I’m not a rock in a stream.

I have to move on with the painful stream.

Until eventually, I am lead to the ocean.

“Neither people or feelings could be bound to things like promises or eternities… Ishikawa-san, you realized this, didn’t you? That’s why you have always been regretful, unhappy, hurt, and lonely?”

Rika felt the tears return to her eyes again, “Stop it! Why… Why did you have to go and empathize with me?! I hate this fear! I hate this! I hate this world! I hate it that no one needs me! I don’t own this world!”

“Ishikawa-san…”

“I’ve had enough! It’s not supposed to be my fault! I hate this world now,” Rika dropped the knife and held Reina’s shoulders with both hands for support, “Living in this world where ‘bond’ and ‘eternity’ doesn’t exist… Living in this world where I am not needed… Living in this world… It’s so scary…” Rika backed away from the other, now crying into her own hands. “Living in this world where no one is here for me…”

“That’s not true. I’m here. I’m here for you.”

“Liar!” Rika glared at Reina, “If I start to cry, you’ll quickly get annoyed. If I make a fuss, you’ll quickly get angry. You’ll hate me… And then you’ll abandon me…”

“I’m not that kind of person.”

Rika felt her expression soften.

“You were right there for me all this time… Weren’t you?” Rika looked at the ground which lay beneath her. “We both had that line drawn around us… And because of that, we’re both lonely…right? We’re the same, right?” Rika then looked up at the wonky-eyed teenager.

“You betcha’ ” Reina grinned, not noticing that she had slipped into her Fukuoka accent, much to Rika’s amusement.

Rika smiled.

It’s been so long since I’ve seen her smile so genuinely…Reina thought to herself.

I’ll go on my word… I guess I can’t really mope around in the past, sad that she rejected me…

The terms for love’s color…

It seems we weren’t able to satisfy it.

Reina felt her weight shift slightly beneath her feet. She looked down to find that the ground was crumbling. Before she could issue the command to move her legs for her nerves, it was too late.

Reina fell with the landslide, watching Rika’s shocked expression as she plummeted towards the ground with the dirt.

She landed.

It was painful.

It was very painful.

But Maki’s rejection was worse.

So this pain isn’t that much.

Not that much compared to that rejection.

“Your love is an illusion.”

That was the last thing she heard from Maki.

“Reina!”

That was the last thing she heard from Rika before passing out.

Rika panicked. She ran as fast as she could. Her asthma’s limits didn’t matter to her, she had to get help. And she needed to get help quickly. She managed to find her way into the apartment and almost stumbled into the entrance.

That is, if she wasn’t caught by the unsuspecting Morning Musume leader and the Sub-leader behind her.

“You surprised me, bursting in like that,” Yossie raised a brow.

“You have to help!” Rika panted in Yossie’s chest, “She fell from… the cliff…” the older gasped in between breaths. “She’s not… She’s not moving at all… She fell with… the landslide…!”

“Calm down, Ojou-sama,” Yossie straightened Rika out by her shoulders, “Who fell?”

Rika attempted to calm down, but to no avail, her voice still sounded very exhausted, “Reina… She fell…”

Miki did not have time to react. She immediately ran, reaching out for her cellphone as she did so.

“I’m calling the ambulance! Where is she?!”

“She has fallen from the hill that you and Matsuura visit often!” Rika called out to the fifth head, watching as the Gatas member nearly broke the door slamming it so hard  as she had opened it.

“Did you have something to do with this?” Yossie looked back on the older, her hands still gripping Rika’s arms loosely.

“The cliff below her crumbled, and she fell with it before I could react… But… I was the one who stabbed Yui… Was she taken to the hospital? Where is she now?”

“Yes, she’s been taken by a bodyguard to the hospital. I don’t know the full details, and would like it if you were to tell me later. However, right now, my concern…” leader ushered into Rika into her room, “Is your well-being.”

“Forget me at the moment, do you have your cellphone on you?”

“Yes I do.”

“Call Maki. I have to speak to her.”

This indigo blue love…

Maki ran to the sight right after Rika called her and told her what had happened. The first wave that hit her was of fear as soon as she realized what her Ojou-sama had just said. Immediately, she ran as fast as her legs were capable of, fearing what sight she will be met with.

When she arrived, Miki was kneeling next to Reina’s body. The seventh head stopped running and slowly walked up to the sight—the sight she was afraid of witnessing. Miki noticed Maki’s presence and stood up, walking a few meters away, as if giving Maki a private moment.

Maki collapsed to her knees next to Reina.

Her mind was in a complete maelstrom now.

The situation…

It had reminded her of that horrid past.

It had reminded her too much of that horrid past.

Why was fate toying with her?

Maki placed her hand under Reina’s head.

The rain made the scene all the more eerie than usual.

“Reina…!”

No response.

“Don’t touch her. She landed on her head pretty hard,” Maki heard Miki say.

Maki slowly removed her hand, and on her hand was blood.

“No…”

As he landed on the ground, Maki heard a noise she never wanted to hear again. She saw a sight that would always haunt her. There her father was, sprawled out on the bloody ground like a thrown away marionette.

“Not again…” Fear crawled up Maki’s face, “This wasn’t supposed to happen! Reina!”

Don’t cry.

Maki… There’s something I have to tell her…

Maki, the most precious person to me… I’m so glad that I’ve joined Hello! Project. So glad to have met you because of it…

It might have been painful for you, but I’m glad to have met you…

Your awkward kindness made me happy.

Your embarrassed face.

Your smiling face.

They made me so happy.

Maki felt tears coming from her eyes, that maelstrom unleashing itself in small tears. She supported herself by her left hand on the other side of Reina, and the right hand on the side closest to her, trying to prevent herself from falling on the younger.

These things, this happiness, little by little, they turned to love.

I love you more than anything else.

Maki…

Don’t cry anymore.

Happiness and Eternity eventually come to an end.

However, Fear and Sadness also come to their end.

Even if you don’t believe it…

Don’t give up.

Live.

I want you to live.

Even if it’s supposedly ‘immoral.’

Even if it burdens you so.

I want you to live.

Weakly, Reina opened her eyes halfway, reaching out her hand to carress Maki’s cheek.

Even if I’m not by your side.

“It’s alright…” Reina said weakly, almost a whisper. “I’m okay… You don’t have to worry anymore…”

Did my words reach you?

Reina slipped into unconsciousness yet again, her hand falling at her side.

“This isn’t fair…” Maki watched as her tears fell on Reina’s face along with the rain. “Why is fate being so unfair to me…” she leaned down further.

"Reina... You can't hear me now but..."

Maki leaned ever closer.

"I love you too..."

With that, she confirmed the truth of her words by pressing her lips onto Reina, a short and brief kiss.

Before Miki realized the familiar noise, there was a silver snake crying on Reina’s chest.

Did I reach you?

7 Lovely comments or 15 half-assed ones!

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 44: Inerasable Sin]
« Reply #901 on: April 24, 2007, 02:26:23 AM »
Dibs!~ XD

Well, Rika returned to sanity rather quickly. o_o;

But I fully understand what Reina was talking about to Rika. Isolation comes in many forms. Being put on a pedestal can be as difficult as being ignored and left behind. Though Rika's sudden change of mind still unsettles me haha. She recovered a little too quickly in my opinion, but eh, it's your story to do as you will. XD

And oh Reina! Gah! First she saves Rika from destroying herself and other people around her, then she falls into a pit! *shakes fist at you* And on her head no less. >_> You sure know how to add angst into a story. XD

Well at least Maki came running the moment she heard of the news. The girl is so stubborn. It takes Reina nearly having a fatal accident for her to confess?! And I say nearly fatal because if you murder Reina right now, I won't need to call for help from the others to come and murder you in return. They'll all come after you. XD

x_x Although Reina's "final words" sound too final. x_X "I want you to live". Bah! *smacks head against wall*

Now update soon! *waves a chopper at you*
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 03:06:09 AM by Estrea »

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline orangesocks

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 45: Soliloquy: Indigo Blue Love]
« Reply #902 on: April 24, 2007, 03:29:37 AM »
Oooh yeah, I'm glad Reina was able to reach Rika pretty fast.

Though now that Rika's aware of how she's hurt others, I wonder if Yocchan will still carry out her plan to exact revenge on Rika, and if maybe Maki will lash out at Rika when she finds out that her keeper was coming at Reina with a knife... :eek:

Perhaps when Rika realizes she doesn't need to be a "master" to her servants to have loyal friends, then the curse will be automatically broken(?)

And...

FINALLY! Maki gives her heartfelt reply! :farofflook:

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
« Reply #903 on: April 24, 2007, 03:42:59 AM »
First, I gotta say, props for using the best Morning Musume song in a LONG ASS TIME. Never forget that performance either *tear*

HOLY SHIZNITE, Miki to the rescue! She's so cool >.> going right away and all.

Okay, that's it. I'm a sucker for those moments. I teared up. Damn you. Even had to pause my KARA music (too up beat for the moment). *sniffle* Argh, I feel really crappy now!
And like Estra said, I will murder you. I gots a Geometry test tomorrow, and now this totally erased everything I learned. So saying that, if Reina dies, you die as well.

Oh Gotou~ Dammit. She's still cursed. Booo >=^

-Owaranai_sLaVe
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 03:43:38 AM by Owaranai_sLaVe »
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #904 on: April 24, 2007, 04:38:46 AM »
I find myself not hating Rika anymore, but I was a little disappointed that I saw the cliff cliche coming a mile away. I also just realized how much this is like a soap opera... In a good way, I promise!

I knew Maki wouldn't be able to deny her feelings for Reina for very long but I was incredibly surprised that her rejection lasted only one chapter. Then again, I feel kinda smart for predicting the outcome of this chapter.

Still hoping for a sweet resolution for the ErikaxYui plotline of this story though. I know you won't disappoint in the end.

Or will you...?

Offline YoukaiChica

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #905 on: April 24, 2007, 01:31:41 PM »
You beat the hell out my expectations. Seriously, to me, this chapter was a piece of art. All the emotions from all the characters were beautifully written out.

So it seems that Rika is through with her crazy strike. Maybe. I'm glad that Reina could bring her back to reality in such a short time. That was much better than dragging it out. And the concern Rika showed for Reina by running for help was kind of a confirmation that she was going to change.

And Reina!! Once again I didn't expect her to fall! I started to read it and I was like NO!! But that was written so well I just had to keep going. And THEN, when Maki came I was in awe of that scene and Reina's thoughts. So beautiful. The  last couple of lines got me. SO AMAZING!! Now excuse me while I go reread it again...

Offline len.chan

• Po pooo
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • coming back to life
« Reply #906 on: April 24, 2007, 08:17:08 PM »
well, my comment probably means nothing 'cause the people before me said it everything already and, as you know, I'm not someone who use to post long reviews... but, anyway, great chapter. Finally we have Rika giving up and finding some common sense and then the accident and Maki confronting her feelings and her past. I smell the end near...

Offline Brat-san

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ̣̣̣̣̣
« Reply #907 on: April 24, 2007, 11:11:26 PM »
OHMYGOD

I cried in this chapter, and believe me, I'm not a normal fanfiction cryer.
Reina, we all love her, the way she talks, so outgoing and different. :D You seriously get  that awesome part of her personality in this fanfiction.  Rika, she was never really my favorite in anything, but I love her now, almost instantly. I just hope Maki isn't heartbroken again, and that just everything turns out alright.  By alright I mean Reina and Maki, Risa and Ai, and Miki and Aya.  Otherwise I might go insane. D:

Offline Shoko

• Member+
« Reply #908 on: April 25, 2007, 12:02:44 AM »
OHSHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII----

This chapter is really sad. I didn't cry, but it made me go "NODON'TDIEREINA D:" I love Reina now. Reina is awesome. And I agree with Brat-san, I love Rika now too. And damn, Maki, this is all kinda your fault XD Then she goes back and is all "omfg Reina I love youuu". Wtf is up with that? XD I mean, it's good that she came back for Reina, but still.. XD I dunno that's just me.
Having a hard day? Send me a PM and I'll create a parody of something! It's my policy to make you laugh. If you don't, I will do it again. Until you crack a smile :)

Offline Sakura Momusu

• TakaGaki minion, rank E.R.I.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Penguins are our friends, turtles are fine too. ^^
« Reply #909 on: April 25, 2007, 01:06:13 AM »
Lol...I hope you don't mind me saying this, but Rika's return from insanity was a bit too quick...wasn't it?  :farofflook: I was kinda expecting her to lash out a bit more.  :kekeke:

As for Reina's condition... :prayers:

Based on this new chapter, I have a strange feeling that if there'll be any more curse-breaking, Maki and Yossi will be next. ^^ Though a better question would be if this story has a foreseen ending yet. Hehehe...~

Offline 00HB

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #910 on: April 25, 2007, 04:04:50 AM »
Hum.... just like Len-sama said, everyone already commented on this chapter... little hard to express something new...
Still, I must agree with Shoko (-kun? -chan?) on this one...
If you look a little closer, reina's almost-death experience was almost all becouse of Maki....
And even if it makes her understand Rika a little bit more.... I'm somehow a bit angry with Maki....
But, truth to be said, you just give value to something if you miss it. As Goto experienced herself....  -_-
Actualy it was a very nice chapter. You went very in deep the characters and it showed us a lot about them (not to say that you also showed us a lot of control on your writing stile).
ok... so Rika is not insane about Reina anymore now.... Good point.
It's left to her to realize that even not being a goddess anymore she will not be alone. Hum.... somehow I predict Yossie will have a mayor role on this topic...   ._.
now, now... Yuu-sama most not "break" Maki about this accident... Reina already said good word to her....
Even if she dies (no, I don' t want to, but it would make total scence) there is no need to her be traumatized. She's not her father and it's not the same thing.  O.o
Oh, god. Oh, god.... about what? two or three more chapters to the expected-but-not-completely-wanted end?
What surprises Yuu-sama hold's to us? ^___^

[ I'm still asking myself about Melodies PV... ¬¬ ]
I needed to put al least four letters... ¬¬'

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #911 on: April 25, 2007, 05:17:54 AM »
Soliloquies kick all sorts of ass. ;D

So now Rika has found a kindred spirit in Reina. Both were painfully lonely, Reina trying to end that by being with Maki, and Oujo-sama trying to end it with the Orochi members.  For Rika especially, the lonliness must have been particularly difficult to deal with. It's like the curse was brought upon her by her lonliness, which thus brought forth the Orochi members, whose purpose was to devote themselves to their Oujo-sama. However, deep down Rika must have known that the Orochi didn't really give her what she needed. It wasn't attention that she really wanted. It wasn't proclamations of love and devotion. She wanted someone to whom she could truely relate; someone who could really understand what she's feeling and going through.  None of the Orochi members, no matter how hard they tried nor how hard they may have wanted to be able to, could do that. Only Reina was able to know what Rika knew and feel what she felt.  And now with Reina's fall, only now is Rika truely scared of losing what she so desperately wanted. Losing the Orochi wasn't really important, they didn't really know nor understand her anyway. She may lose a kindred spirit, and it's scaring the life out of her.

Now I have NO idea if any of that makes sense. It's like, midnight as I'm typing this. Yeah, I know, catching up on fanfics before bed isn't exactly the smartest thing to do when you have so many stories going on like we have here. Still, I gots to get my fix. ;D

Oh, and one more thing...REINA NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!  :frustrated:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Blizzard

• 雪の天使
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #912 on: April 29, 2007, 03:41:12 AM »
See?  I knew some compassion on Reina's part would go a long way!  Even if my other speculations were wrong (and I know you like to do that to us, Yuu-chan  :P (is it ok if I call you that?)), I still got something right!  I too was a little surprised at how fast Rika went from being angry at Reina to helping her.  I just viewed it as her being in shock from Reina's words.  And hopefully this situation doesn't go to waste for Reina and Maki.  It seems as though Rika will be more openminded about their relationship now, maybe. 

Sorry for the half-assed comment this time, but I think I fried my brain today.  It just doesn't want to work anymore. 

Anyways, can't wait for the next chapter! 

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #913 on: April 30, 2007, 02:15:27 AM »
Essy: -dodges chopper- O__O; Yeah, I realize Rika came around quickly, but yeah... xD

Orange: yay Maki! <3

Slave: Indeed, gotta love Miki's coolness at that time xD Yeah, that song = <3

rndmn: Will I disappoint? It's kinda short >__>;

Youkai: Aww! Thank you! This following chapter is better in my opinion xD

Len: What a keen nose you have there :]

Brat-san: You cried too? Aww! <3333

Shoko: -shrug- It's Maki xD

Sakura: Yeah, I thought so too, but JFC kinda put the nail on Rika's train of thought :]

00HB: Your english is so cute xD Anywho, read this chapter to find out those surprises? xD

JFC: I freaking love you, man. Pinpointing Rika's feelings exactly xD

Blizzard: Woo! it wasn't half-assed xD And you don't have to wait! :]

LONGASS CHAPTER xD

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #914 on: April 30, 2007, 02:21:44 AM »
<3

Chapter 46: Reconciliation

I hate those kinds of people.

Miki caught herself nearly dosing off in spite of patience as she sat in the small waiting room of the clinic. Wiping her mouth to make sure there was not any drool, she took a quick glance to see if anything had changed in her absence of focus. There was nothing new at all. Ai and Risa sitting across from her probably whispering words of love to each other in a rather repetitive fashion, Yossie reading a sports magazine to her left, and surprisingly, empty seats on the other side of the leader. She looked to the right to find Megumi locked in a stare at her. Why was that stoic third head staring at her like that?!

“What the hell’s up with you?” Miki raised a brow.

“Ah… The megane girl found it amusing that the badass Fujimoto looks like a helpless and defenseless uke when she doses off.”

“What the hell?! I do not! And what’s with the third person speech?! You’re too old to call yourself a girl!” Miki spat back in a consecutive machine-gun-like execution for her tsukkomi.

“And you’re a pedophile, groping girls with years much younger than your own,” the Morning Musume leader next to the sub-leader patted on her shoulder with a distant sigh, as if acting melodramatic towards Miki’s form of communication.

“Why am I the one being teased today?” Miki rested her forehead on her hand in an ‘ugh’ sort of manner. “And are Eri and Sayu done with their little visit yet?” the groping demon asked, trying to divert the conversation away from the teasing of her quirks.

“They left a while ago, remember the kids and adults sitting next to me?” Yossie answered, yet asked at the same time.

“Pfft, those annoying brats?”

“Yeah, those were Reina’s relatives. They are seeing her right now.”

“How does she put up with them? Jeez…” Miki sank back in her seat, sighing exasperatedly.

“Why are you so upset about them?” Risa looked up amidst her chattering with Ai (which did not involve lovey-dovey words of repetition like Miki thought).

“Ah, I can answer that,” Megumi raised her hand at eye level, “earlier, before you and Takahashi-chan came, Mikitty tried playing with the kids, but one of them exclaimed ‘I don’t want to play with Mrs. Scaryface!’ and ran away crying.”

“Bah, kids…” the sub-leader uttered under her breath.

“Don’t let it get to you, Mikitty,” Yossie teased, “after all, your whole body is equally scary.”

“I don’t need to take abuse from you two!” Miki smacked Yossie lightly upside the head.

“Ah… And so they come out…” Megumi looked at the exiting relatives.

Just before the kids exited, their mother, Reina’s aunt, stopped them, pointing to the waiting room, “Say goodbye to the pretty ladies that work with Reina!”

All the kids lined up and bowed to the H!P members, earning remarks of their cuteness by the others. After the bow, the smallest kid, looking no more than 4 years old, waved at Miki, to which the older found herself forcing a smile and waving back.

“Goodbye Mrs. Scaryface!” the little child waved energetically before exiting with her siblings and mother out the door.

You’re going to be smacked, kid… Miki twitched the corner of her mouth when she realized what the kid had said to her as a farewell. The other members also realized the meaning of Miki’s sudden twitch and giggled profusely at the woman whose lucky day is apparently not this one.

The me who works hard, but the people who barely try and then they get all the attention… I hate them…

“Oh, are you Fujimoto-san?” a hand rested itself on Miki’s shoulder.

Miki turned her head from the attention of Reina’s sleeping face to find herself facing the father of the wonky-eyed teenager. “Ah?”

“The others have already left. Thank you for visiting my daughter today, you can go home now, we’ll take care of the rest,” the father smiled.

“I’ll be back in the morning, I need to give you details,” Miki waved her hand lazily, getting up to stretch.

“Oh, there’s no need for that. We know idols are very busy,” the father chuckled.

“Speaking of which, did the others already leave?”

“Indeed, when we arrived, the waiting room was empty.”

“I see…” Miki found herself looking at the bedridden Reina again. “Well I must be going then. Farewell,” the sub-leader bowed to the man and left the room. She was almost out of the small clinic when she heard his voice call for her again.

“Wait, does Goto-san know about this? Has she visited her already?”

Miki stood at the open door, looking up at the sky to think. She didn’t recall seeing Maki at all in the waiting room, and surprisingly, Miki was the first to arrive to check up on Reina, therefore, Maki had never visited…

“Ugh… She’s such an idiot…” Miki leaned against the door, “She panics and lets Reina cry… But despite that, she’s more capable than anyone… More than me. Yet she’s so stupidly oblivious…” Miki nearly gritted her teeth on the last sentence.

“I see, that must be frustrating,” the man placed his hand behind his head in a smile. “If that’s the case, I think you should tell her straight up.”

Yet, I admire them…

“Ah… Welcome back,” Megumi tilted her head backwards from where she was, sitting on the floor while watching TV boredly.

“What are you doing in my room?” Miki lifted a brow as she shut the door behind her.

“Ah… I locked myself out of my room… Masae has a spare key, but she’s out having dinner with her family at the moment…”

“…What are you doing in my room?” Miki asked again. Then she realized how it was possible for the Melon Kinenbi member to get in, “Damn, did I forget to lock my door?”

“Ah… To be able to get in so easily…”

“That’s not cool!” Miki smacked Megumi lightly.

“So yeah, you were the last one to see Reina-chan, right? Did you cry?”

“Like hell I did, I’m not that much of a sappy sub-leader,” Miki snapped back at the older. “So, is Maki here?”

“Ah… She’s upstairs. But the poor girl looks like she’s lost her soul. She didn’t visit Reina?” Megumi looked up at Miki to find the younger shaking her head, “Ah… How unfortunate… Maki is really suffering from this.”

Megumi looked over to find a rather strange demonic glint on the demon’s eyes. She could have sworn a dark aura hovered about the said demon too. “That sort of thing isn’t important right now…” Miki could have frightened the true devil with her agitated and inhuman voice which growled the words calmly. And with that, she stomped back out of her room, with full intent—which seemed murderous—of finding the seventh head.

“I’m home!” came a singsong voice from the hallway. Yossie’s welcome was then drowned out by a blackened demonic presence walking past her. The leader could have sworn a cold wind blew in from the direction of the touching demon. “Er…” Yossie fought for words as she saw the evil aura flair out worse than usual as Miki walked up the stairs, “What’s going on?”

“Welcome home,” a shifty-eyed Megumi greeted Yossie from Miki’s door.

This is the person I’ve admired?

Miki slammed the door open, stepping into the room with her fists clenched. The inhabitant of the room didn’t seem to notice the demonic presence which had barged in so suddenly. The said inhabitant was sitting on the floor behind the open balcony door, wasting precious life away staring at the sky with such a vacant expression.

It sickened her.

Miki couldn’t bear such repulsive behavior.

“Why didn’t you go visit her?” the demon gritted her teeth. With the silence that came from Maki, the sub-leader felt obligated to speak further, “Oh, so you have the time to sit around on your ass doing nothing? That’s very low of you.”

“Say what you want,” Maki looked down, “Even if I was there, I would only hurt her. I can’t protect her. I think it would be better if you were with her.”

Miki stood in front of the sitting Maki, who was blinded by her grief to even notice a demonic shadow looming over her.

She did the first thing that came to mind.

She did the first thing that came to her mind when Reina’s father said ‘I think you should tell her straight up.’

She grabbed Maki by the collar and punched her hard in the face despite the fact that who she punched was a well-known idol. Before Maki could recover from the hit, the older lifted her up in the air and punched her yet again, causing her to stagger and hit the wall behind her.

Can’t protect her?” Miki mocked Maki’s previous words before letting loose a fury of punches again, “What the hell is that, I can’t protect her ?!” Miki backed off after her barrage of punches and kicks, feeling that enough sense was bruising the younger. “So would you be satisfied if you could wonderfully rescue people from falling off cliffs? That’d be something, wouldn’t it?! Just who do you think you are? Did you think you’re some kind of super hero…?! You’re just a stupid snake!”

“Shut the hell up!” Maki immediately responded to the last statement, not able to bear such an insult, “I’m not that sort of person! That’s your job, isn’t it?! Always rescuing people before the final blow is dealt, right?! I’d be more like you if I could!”

“Hey, Yankii, why is Maki your idol?”

“I thought I told you a long time ago, she’s a cool person. She’s calm and collective most of the time and she’s a great singer and whatnot.”

“So, ‘cool’ eh?” Miki said as she switched sides so that she now faced the wall of the sofa.

“Something wrong with that?”

“Don’t get me wrong, it’s not like I hate Maki or anything. I just hate it how she barely has to try and people already look up to her.”

“I want to be you!” Maki shouted at the older again.

“She’s really ‘cool’ and in anything she does, she can do really well. And there’s me, the lazy ass who has to work really hard to try and be on par with her… But my efforts aren’t noticed, people still look up to her, and I’m the anger management idiot next to her…”

“Shut up…!” Miki landed an upper cut, “Shut up!” she punched the other hard again, causing blood to trickle down the younger’s lips, “Shut up!!!!” She directed the final punch towards Maki’s stomach, sending her collapsing on the ground yet again. “That was supposed to be me!” Miki grabbed onto the collar of Maki’s shirt again, bending over since Maki was still on the ground, “I was the one who wanted to be you!”

Maki’s eyes widened.

“I see… Yeah… Miki’s good at that kind of thing. Good with people…”

“But you’re good with people too, right? I mean, you’re ‘cool’ and all…”

“You too? Haha, honestly speaking, I don’t find myself particularly special.”

“But you exceed at everything, everyone says you are kind and cool,” Reina said as she looked at Maki.

“Yet, you say it first so easily!” Miki released her grip on Maki, letting her fall slightly to the floor.

“Well… I only appear that way just so people could like me… In truth, I think I’m a pretty boring person… As opposed to Miki. Although she may have her flaws, I think she’s the kind that could attract people more naturally, you know? She doesn’t have to act a certain way to get people to like her. She’s the kind of person who would have many friends because of who she is…”

“But… You are you, and I am who I am, we can’t change at all…” Maki finally said as she wiped away the small amount of blood that leaked from her mouth.

“I argue what you said before,” Miki turned around, crossing her arms, “You’ve been protecting her! Quite damn well, might I add! She was happy and content! They may be small trivial things that even I wouldn’t find myself getting all giggly over, but to her, you were her damn hero! You didn’t have to have super powers for her to fall in love with you! Your powers were to make her smile and laugh right?! Did you really think it would be the same if I was beside her?! You oblivious idiot, you should realize that there are some things that only you can do! So don’t make her cry ever again! Be a damn strong woman for her!”

After Miki finished yelling the final sentence, Maki heard her panting from all that screaming.

But that wasn’t the only thing Maki heard.

She heard a few sniffles.

She heard a few breathes irregular from panting.

She heard something she thought she would never hear.

Miki was crying.

Or rather, trying to sob silently.

“Why the hell are you still on your ass? This is me, the one you wanted to be, telling you as much… Stupid 7th head…”

Maki did not need to be told twice, she got up, cleaned herself up, and left.

“Damn it…” Miki punched the wall, “I didn’t think I would actually cry at this…” She supported herself against the wall with that arm, and with her other hand, wiped away the tears that came. Feeling normal now, Miki used Maki’s sink to make sure that her red eyes would go unnoticed by anyone else.

Then she exited Maki’s room to go lounge around in the main lobby with Megumi and Yossie.

“Did you really have to make so much noise? The apartment was seriously shaking!” Yossie waved her hand dismissively, “You didn’t murder the Goto Maki, did you?”

“Nah. Just punched some sense into her is all…” Miki mumbled as she sat at the low table instead of the couch.

“Ah… So what happened to Maki anyway?” Megumi asked.

“Probably at the hospital…”

“But visiting times are over…” Yossie raised a brow.

“Yeah? What of it?” Miki mumbled as she rested her arms on the table and laid her head on it.

“You knew this, but didn’t tell Maki?” Megumi mused.

There was a silence.

“Normally, people know that sort of thing…” the demonic voice returned, “ Stupid… She really is stupid…” the aura flared out yet again, making the other two feel like they were swept away by the cold evil wind that blew from the demon.

And thus…

Maki wanted to scream.

Maki wanted to cry.

Maki wanted to tear her hair out.

“She got me…” She nearly did all of the above when she saw the ‘visiting times are over’ sign.

“Gotta calm down…” Maki twitched. “Gotta calm down…”

The reconciliation is done.

“How is she?” was the first thing that came out of Erika’s mouth as soon as Rika stepped out of the door. The poor Viyuuden member had waited all morning to see her fellow wounded comrade.

“She’s fine, just give her a few days for her to be able to walk, and maybe a few more days for the wound to patch up.”

“Thank goodness,” Erika clutched her heart at the relief of the news. Then, she felt a hand on top of her own.

“I think you put a lid on your feelings for too long. I think Yui deserves to hear those three words from you. I know she’ll accept it,” Rika patted Erika’s shoulder and left.

“…Am I really that obvious to read?” Erika turned around, watching Rika leave the clinic. “Eh… I might as well…” Erika ignored the slight blush that came to her face and opened the door, putting together what words she could think of to converse with the younger.

Yui was standing in behind the balcony door, supported by a single crutch, staring at the sky above.

“Have I worried you?” the younger said, aware of Erika walking towards her.

“What did you think, you idiot…” Erika looked elsewhere, trying to hide the blush that was crawling up her face.

“Haha, I guess I did worry you,” Yui chuckled, smiling as she did so.

“Don’t joke about that…”

Yui looked over to Erika, who was still facing the other direction.

“You were hurt badly, and that makes me seem like an idiot too, when you laugh about it like that…”

“Standing here with me, is that hurting you too?”

“…Yeah…” Erika turned to look at the younger, to find that Yui was still smiling like an airhead. “What the… I just told you not to joke around!”

“Yet, you still act like yourself,” Yui smiled with amusement.

“No I’m not! I’m pissed! I’m really pissed!” Erika tried to act angry, but failed.

“That, and you’re obviously blushing,” Yui brushed aside Erika’s bangs behind her ear.

“I’m not blushing! I seriously am not!” Erika fumed yet again.

“But you are,” Yui placed her hand on the older’s cheek, forcing her to look at her, “And you don’t have to try and hide it. I think it’s cute when you blush.”

“What are you saying, the last time you pulled this move on me, all you did was walk away…” Erika frowned, obviously still mad and unforgiving from that time.

“If it bothers you that much…” Yui edged closer, causing the older to blush further, “If I were to kiss you right now, would you forgive me?”

“Yes.”

Yui smiled and brought the older closer, “then you should forgive me,” and with that, their lips met.

-Continued for next post o-o

Offline Yuuyami

• Hardhat? ( ¯ロ¯ );;
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #915 on: April 30, 2007, 02:24:19 AM »
And then it comes…

“The first thing she’ll do when she sees you is run away.”

“What the hell?” Maki turned to look at Miki.

“No seriously, she will, knowing her,” Miki waved her hand lazily from the sofa. “Have fun chasing her!”

“…Whatever…” Maki sighed before putting on her long coat and leaving the apartment.

“It’s been three days since she beat the crap out of me, and it still hurts…” Maki rubbed her belly as she walked, “It didn’t help that I wear piercings there too…”

But she was glad.

She was glad Miki told her straight up.

Even if she had the living hell beaten out of her when Miki told her.

She was glad Miki talked to her.

And now, all that’s left was to take Reina home (Today was when she was supposed to leave the hospital) and then apologize for her rudeness.

Good plan, right?

Nothing bad will happen, right?

When she arrived at the clinic, she thought fate was messing with her head again, because Reina just happened to choose that time to leave as well.

The two locked gazes for a brief time.

It was very brief.

Extremely brief.

Because what Miki said was true, and Reina immediately bolted in a different direction away from the older.

“Miki… I hate it when you’re right…”

So soon…

This is weird… Reina thought as she ran, My legs instinctively ran away from Maki… I never planned for this to happen…

She stopped in her tracks when Maki somehow managed to run fast enough to get in front of her. Both panted heavily as they had another staredown.

“Reina…” Maki began, but was cut off when Reina simply turned around and ran again, this time, running faster than her normal pace, cutting through alleyways and street blocks in hopes of not having to see Maki’s face again.

No good…

This isn’t good at all…

Everything is over…

There’s nothing I could do.

My chest hurts…

It hurts just seeing her face.

Even hearing her name is like feeling heart being stabbed a million times…

I hate this.

I hate this feeling.

But I have to let this go…

The least I can do is at least try to still be friends with her…

Reina gave up running.

She tottered over to the bench, venting out her exhaustion in hard gasps of air. She never thought she could run that fast in her life.

Neither did she think would end up in the park too.

She heard Maki slow her running to a jog, and eventually to a walk until finally, she sat on the floor in front of Reina, trying to regain her energy from all that running.

I’m a failure…

I can’t do this at all.

I can’t go on just thinking of her as a friend.

I can’t let go of that feeling.

Reina felt a few tears come from her eyes again.

But I don’t want her to think even more badly of me than she already has…

“I was only thinking of myself, selfishly reflecting on only myself…” Maki both of her hands on Reina’s. “I was only saying what I wanted to say, and I completely ignored your feelings… And I should have known that it could happen. To never be able to see eachother again… To never have the chance to apologize… That it could happen… I should have known… For me to repeat the same mistakes again and again… It’s as if I had never known…”

“But—” Reina began, but was cut off by Maki.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry for making you cry, I’ve hurt you a lot. But… This is the last time. This will be the last time. I won’t need a second chance. Just give me one more chance…”

Reina looked at Maki’s face, seeing the desperation with every syllable she uttered.

“Just give me another chance with you. I want us to be together… I hate not being with you, Reina, I love you…”

Reina felt those words echo endlessly in her head. “That being with you… It’s okay? Hand in hand, being together is okay…?”

Maki chuckled, “It’s all okay with me… See? We’re already holding hands,” Maki smiled, lifting their hands which somehow entwined during their conversation.

Tens of times…

Hundreds of times…

Thousands of times…

This feels like a dream…

Maki stood up, yanking Reina’s hands upwards so that she too, stood up with her.

“Is it okay for me to kiss you?” Maki nearly hesitated in asking, “Although I’ll quickly lose my human body… Being together… Means this strange body will be the cause of suffering at times…”

“Don’t be silly,” Reina smirked, “You think that kind of thing will get in the way? I love Maki very much. I love you so much, you know?” Reina looked up at the older, smiling.

“Heh…” Maki can’t help but smile along with the wonky-eyed teenager, “Well, in that case, I’m also not to be beat. There’s nothing for me to be afraid of either…” Maki placed her thumb beneath Reina’s chin, and the rest of her fingers on her cheek, “especially when you’re with me.”

Both of their heads move instinctively closer.

It almost drove them insane with the anticipation.

They even closed their eyes to savor the feeling.

Finally.

Finally, their lips met.

Even for that brief moment.

Even for that brief touch.

Even for that brief time.

Their feelings were conveyed.

But that moment lingered longer than usual.

But that touch lingered longer than usual.

But that time lingered longer than usual.

They both opened their eyes at the lack of the moment that was supposed to come.

Maki pulled away, her fingers touching her lips, still in awe of what had not happened.

Maki realized what had just happened.

Reina too, realized it.

Oh how easily it comes…

Rika leaned on the balcony rails of her room, looking at the sky in a reminiscent gaze.

She knew it was coming.

She knew this was the final coming.

She let out a sigh.

And then a few tears escaped when she felt it no longer exist anymore.

Goodbye.

<3

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
Re: Our Cursed Gift [Chapter 46: Reconciliation]
« Reply #916 on: April 30, 2007, 02:29:50 AM »
Dibs~

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

So tempted to fangirl...

But first! The coherent reply.

Miki's insecurity is so eerily reminiscent of myself. >< Even though yes, she does have people looking up to her, deep down she is still uncertain, unsure, always second guessing herself and imagining that her efforts are not appreciated despite everything she does. (well that might be partly true in some cases) Her outward cynicism and harsh exterior to most of the rest of the world is simply a defensive wall to prevent others from seeing her crumbling insecurity inside. This is even more obvious when Megumi points out how "helpless and defenseless" Miki looks in her sleep, and Miki immediately takes offense, not liking how any kind of vulnerability is shown to the outside world. Deep down she is as weak as she is strong, akin to incorrectly tempered steel, stern and unbending, yet flawed and prone to cracking if you put enough pressure in the right place.

I look forward to how you resolve her character development. What Miki really needs is someone who can console her, provide reassurance when she is uncertain, and just simply be there for the weaker self to emerge and rely on without fear. Miki hates showing her weaker side to others, so she needs someone she trusts enough to leave herself open. I wonder if Aya can handle that...? Sometimes even a GAM fan like me wonders...(OTN1's excellent character introspective stories notwithstanding...)

/endseriouscomment
/startfangirling

Yay Maki and Reina are together at again~ And the curse is gone~ Yay~

But poor Rika at the end. T_T She really is alone, and I feel bad for her. Will she get her own forgiveness and her own resolution in the end? She needs to heal also, not just all the Orochi heads. I hope you give her a satisfactory end.

And the kids calling Miki "Mrs Scaryface" XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Erika/Yui <3333333333333333333333333333

It's almost over, isn't it? Can't wait to see how you wrap this up. Ganbatte ne Yuu!

-gives you cookies-
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 02:57:59 AM by Estrea »

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Blizzard

• 雪の天使
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #917 on: April 30, 2007, 02:59:09 AM »
Wow!  Just wow!  We're finally settling some of the angst! 

After reading Estrea's comments on Miki's character, I spent some time thinking about that same question:  If Aya can be what Miki needs.  I think if Miki is able to show her weaker persona to Aya, who in return is able to help Miki feel more secure about herself, it's possible that Miki's harsh persona could tone down some.  And since Miki has been getting nicer (with a minor exception for the violence with Maki), I think that yes, Aya can (and probably is). 

Finally, Maki and Reina have figured things out between them.  Took them long enough, huh?  And I knew as soon as Maki asked for a kiss that her curse was broken.  Then I got to thinking that overcoming their personal demons might have something to do with when the curse breaks too.  But as soon as I thought that, I realized that Maki is the only one that could support that, so maybe not.  I know you said time was what was breaking it, but I thought there might be other factors involved.  I think I think too much.

I'm really curious about who's curse is going to be the next to break (and so on).  I'm not gonna speculate anything right now because I've spent too much time just thinking about things already.  That said, I'm looking forward to the next chapter very much! 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 04:16:15 AM by Blizzard »

Offline Sakura Momusu

• TakaGaki minion, rank E.R.I.
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Penguins are our friends, turtles are fine too. ^^
« Reply #918 on: April 30, 2007, 09:21:16 AM »
hmmm...ok so I guessed right. Maki was the next to lose the curse...so that leaves...

1 - Yossi
3 - Megumi
5 - Miki
6 - Kaori
8 - Risa

erm...are the numbers right? I forget... :hee:

Glad Maki and Reina are ok though...but my thoughts reside on whether Yossi and Miki will ever lose it. Can't see an angle where they will yet. *waits for next chapter*

Offline 00HB

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #919 on: April 30, 2007, 06:16:16 PM »
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea! Yuu-sama wrote a very nice "oh-my-god-this-was-awesome" chapter!
And I must say, the biggest winner of this chapter was Miki-san.
She beat the hell out of Maki, had a devil aura, was said to be scary... but oh god.... SHE WAS SO DAMN SWEET! xD
The first quarter of this chapter was so hilarious. The interaction between Miki and the other girls was craking me up.
everyone makes fun of her, she then stand up to Maki, tells her everything she is feeling, beat Maki up (and she deserved a good punching, five more points to her), cry for the first fime in front another person and can still look and act soooooooooooooo cool! total of 10 points to her!
This was priceless! ^_^
What to say about Maki-san? After she got all love Miki had to give (hey... it's just her way to express her feelings xD), she is lead to act like dumb and has to endure a very acurate prediction about her lover... hilarious! yet, after all her problems, she has the ultimate courage to declare herself. Ten deserved points to her
And Reina! She was able to forgive Maki for being such an idiot and oh..... they make such a nice couple together! Another ten points to her!
The same amount of points to V-U-den members...
Rika is now a better person.... check!
Erika declares her love.... check!
Yui forgives Rika for almost killing her, acts like nothing is ever wrong and still kiss Erika in the ending.... double check with three little hears drawn next! =]
So... to sum it up... one of the best (not to say most heart-warming) chapters so far! Very super-duper-hiper-nice work!
oh.... I'm so looking up for the next one! ^____^

[And yei! Another 20 points to Yossie-sama for just being there...]
I needed to put al least four letters... ¬¬'

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: A Pink - Secret Garden