JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cowpers - Shayou

Author Topic: The Lost Thread (ABC) - Season 6 Discussion  (Read 54919 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Lost Thread (ABC) - waiting for Season 4
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2008, 03:54:14 PM »
Omfg, I wasn't supposed to watch that trailer because I knew it'd spoil me stuff and I wanted to go ahead to the new season completely blind...

But omfg omfg I watched it and I can't wait! AGH!! O_O;;

And no spoilers for me, not when it comes to Lost :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2008, 10:23:18 PM »
Omfg, I wasn't supposed to watch that trailer because I knew it'd spoil me stuff and I wanted to go ahead to the new season completely blind...

That's my approach too. Lost is so much better when you don't know what's going to happen.

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2008, 03:57:05 PM »
This deserves a mention...Amazingly, the official Lost video game "Via Domus" is looking good so far.  I don't have high expectations for games licensed from TV shows, but this has the potential to not suck.

[youtube=425,350]Uwdl-gNPaN0[/youtube]

Previews:

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=91206&page=1
http://www.game.co.uk/PS3/Action/Adventure/~r333275/Lost/?cm_mmc=update-_-wk5207-_-general-_-lostps3/

It comes out 2/29 in EU and March in AU.  North American release is a tentative "Q1".

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2008, 07:09:01 PM »
Crysis is already very much in the theme of a Lost video game setting-wise.

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: January 28, 2008, 08:15:28 AM »

That's my approach too. Lost is so much better when you don't know what's going to happen.
i wish i could do it. i've been spoiled on some stuff cause im just too curious. i dont spoil myself on the huge stuff that's been leaked. it's only like 4 days til the premiere so i can stay unspoiled for that long. hopefully. it's gonna be really good though from what ive heard.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2008, 04:43:31 PM »
Lost premiere is tomorrow. Should be great.

In honour of that, 48 remaining questions about the show: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2008/01/lost-48-pending.html

48. Will the WGA strike permanently disrupt the original plan to end the series with three seasons of 16 episodes apiece?

47. What is Charles Widmore's association with the Dharma Initiative?

46. Who were those guys in the icebound monitoring station at the end of Season 2?

45. What is the significance of Claire's baby?

44. Will Rose's cancer return?

43. Will Sun survive her pregnancy?

42. What's the meaning behind that crazy mural painted inside the Swan Station?

41. Where exactly is the island located?

40. What gets worshipped at the temple Ben mentions near the end of the third season?

39. Who are the people on the rescue ship?

38. If Penny Widmore didn't send the ship, then where is her rescue crew?

37. Can Juliet really be trusted?

36. How did the Black Rock get on the island?

35. How many more Dharma stations are left to be found?

34. Will we learn more about Libby's connection to Hurley?

33. Are Nikki and Paulo gone for good?

32. What did Jack mean in the flash-forward when he made a reference to his supposedly dead father being upstairs?

31. Will the rest of the survivors learn about Hurley's fortune?

30. Will Jin learn about Sun's affair?

29. How did Locke's father get on the island?

28. Why do all pregnancies result in death on the island?

27. Is Alvar Hanso still involved with the island?

26. What is the sickness Rousseau talked about her crew getting in the first season?

25. How was Walt able to appear to Locke and Shannon?

24. What do the numbers -- 4 8 15 16 23 42 -- mean?

23. Why does the doctor in the Dharma Initiative-orientation films have different names in different films?

22. Who are the bodies dubbed Adam and Eve that were found in the caves?

21. What do the hieroglyphics on the machine inside Swan Station mean?

20. How did the Others get all the names of the survivors?

19. What are the whispers people hear in the jungle?

18. Will we see more of the Other known as Isabel (Diana Scarwid)?

17. Where have the children that the Others took been hiding?

16. Why do so many episodes start with the close-up of an eye?

15. Were the Others really having Sawyer and Kate help to build a runway?

14. What did the psychic that read Claire's future see?

13. Did Jack's dad really come back to life or is that an illusion?

12. Will Desmond retain his ability to see the future?

11. Who besides Kate and Jack got off the island?

10. Who is Kate's unseen mate in the post-island flash-forward?

9. What's the deal with that four-toed statue from the Season 2 finale?

8. In Jack's post-island flash-forward, who was in the coffin?

7. What happened to Michael and Walt after they left the island?

6. What is Walt's power?

5. How did Mikhail (the eye-patch guy) appear to come back from the dead?

4. Why doesn't Richard Alpert age?

3. What is Jacob?

2. What is the smoke monster?

1. What is that island?

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: January 31, 2008, 05:08:22 PM »
Tonight's the night!

8pm-10pm on ABC.

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: January 31, 2008, 06:30:38 PM »
Damn Pacific time zone, everything is staggered so we always get it a couple hours after everyone else >_>

In the past it's actually been faster for me to torrent the episode from the early Canadian broadcast than wait for it to air here :lol:

Yes, I really am that impatient.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: January 31, 2008, 07:22:55 PM »
I'll actually be seeing it on Saturday. I'm waiting to watch it with my family since I'll be home for a week anyway. So I won't be posting on this thread till then.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #69 on: February 01, 2008, 04:57:55 AM »
Season 4, ep 1 is now up for download..
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1142804

So is the recap of past seasons, but I'm not grabbing that..

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: February 01, 2008, 06:19:39 PM »
OMG!!! I saw the season 4 first ep!! I'M OBVIOUSLY GOING TO MENTION SOME SPOILERS!

It was the first new season premiere that didn't leave me thinking "wtf is this show!!" :lol: (the season 2 & 3 first eps left me kind of cold; it was too much new stuff too fast) I actually thoroughly enjoyed it and can't wait for more!

All I can say is, poor Hurley T__T (And yay for that actor from OZ & The Wire paying a visit. I'm slowly growing to like him)

Anyone else find it weird that Kate wants to leave the island?? She's a fugitive o_o;; Does surviving a plane crash make the police forget all charges against you?

Yay for Charlie's brief return.. n__n Of course, I develop a thing for Dominic Monaghan AFTER his character dies. And yes, I have a weird taste. :/

Somehow, can't think of more to say right now.

I thought that the fast-forwards would make the show clumsier and harder to follow, but it was actually quite easy and enjoyable (probably because they didn't confuse it further by using flash-backs, as well :lol: ). And yes, more juicy questions for us to wonder about.

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #71 on: February 01, 2008, 08:26:13 PM »
I thought that the fast-forwards would make the show clumsier and harder to follow, but it was actually quite easy and enjoyable

Yes!  For a while last season I kept think 'aren't they going to run out of flashbacks?  jesus, we already know EVERYTHING about these people!' :lol:  It was a very clever decision IMO, now they have the potential for basically infinite storylines while still preserving the format.

Now...

***SPOILERS FOR 401 BELOW***

Looking at Asmo's list, exactly none of the lingering questions were answered here, although I really didn't expect it either.  There were more revelations in the Missing Pieces mobisodes than in the premiere, I'm not at all disappointed with this though.

I still want to know whose funeral Jack was at in 'looking glass'!

Charlie...wtf?  An apparition?  Except one of the other patients also saw him.  A manifestation of the island?  Maybe...

Poor Hurley, looks like he's getting absolutely mindfucked.  Wonder why he denied knowing Ana-Lucia though?  And he can see Jacob?

More new characters?  Goddammit :P

*click* damn, jack was really gonna do it :O  can't say I blame him either, from the survivors' viewpoint Locke's been a troublesome antagonist since his 'epiphany' or whatever you'd call it.

Anyone else find it weird that Kate wants to leave the island?? She's a fugitive o_o;; Does surviving a plane crash make the police forget all charges against you?

wtf happened with that I wonder, because at the end of 'through the looking glass' she's free.  Acquitted?  Seems unlikely seeing as she confessed and all...maybe she got a sympathy vote.  Changed her identity?  Also unlikely, since the 'Oceanic Six' are all apparently celebrities now that might be hard to do.  Hmm...

*END SPOILERS*

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2008, 10:44:03 PM »
Poor Hurley, looks like he's getting absolutely mindfucked.  Wonder why he denied knowing Ana-Lucia though?  And he can see Jacob?
The Ana-Lucia thing, I think that when they left the island they were forced to promise that they wouldn't reveal anything that happened there. If Hurley had said that he met Ana-Lucia, the dude would've asked more questions, too (how, where, when, what happened to her)... Jack also asks him during the basketball scene something about if he's gonna... Tell?? Something like that, I forgot. But to me it seems like they've made some kind of a pact not to talk about it.

wtf happened with that I wonder, because at the end of 'through the looking glass' she's free.  Acquitted?  Seems unlikely seeing as she confessed and all...maybe she got a sympathy vote.  Changed her identity?  Also unlikely, since the 'Oceanic Six' are all apparently celebrities now that might be hard to do.  Hmm...
I read some discussion on another forum, and they were speculating that maybe not everyone got off the island the same way, that Kate might've got away somehow and changed identity/still been a fugitive... She might not be one of the 'Oceanic Six' at all o-o She certainly is the master of running. But I dunno :lol: If there was any time before being surrounded by officials and media (after the rescue), I could easily imagine Kate sneaking away at some point.

Uh why do I feel like nothing I'm writing makes sense... But maybe it's because I'm writing about Lost XD

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: February 02, 2008, 02:09:09 AM »
That would make sense, though if kate isn't O6 I need to rework my predictions again >_>

Guess all we can say for sure is, Jack and Hurley are obviously in, while Locke is almost certainly out (he doesn't want to be rescued).  Eliminating Kate and anyone that wasn't actually on the plane leaves:

Disclaimer: Fracture® brand prognostication consists mostly of me pulling stuff out of my ass :lol:

Sun/Jin (betting at least Sun will make it, the way they've built up her pregnancy)
Sawyer (wild card, no clue what they're going to do with this guy)
Claire (would they have the gall to kill off Aaron's mama?  I'm betting YES she's toast)
Rose/Bernard (betting they WON'T make it because there's not much else they can do with this storyline)
Sayid (I will be FREAKING AMAZED if Sayid doesn't make it back)

Micheal/Walt I guess could technically be included here, although they weren't exactly 'rescued' so I doubt they're considered O6.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2008, 06:31:55 AM by Fracture »

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2008, 02:46:38 PM »
Kate did get off the island because at the end of the last season, Jack told her they should not have left.  I guess she changed her identity because they promised not to see each other again.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2008, 03:40:06 PM »
I was sceptical about S4 by the end of S3. But without spoiling anything, i gotta say after ep1 i'm kinda getting my lost feeling back. This'll be a good season. I'm fuckin sure of it.

Looking forward to the next ep. Go Hurley! Snap out of it bro!
[/url]

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: February 03, 2008, 03:48:09 AM »
Yep. It was a good episode, it answered a couple questions about what's going on with the boat. It'll be interesting to see what happens next if the 'rescuers' arrive.

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2008, 06:55:54 AM »
The Ana-Lucia thing, I think that when they left the island they were forced to promise that they wouldn't reveal anything that happened there. If Hurley had said that he met Ana-Lucia, the dude would've asked more questions, too (how, where, when, what happened to her)... Jack also asks him during the basketball scene something about if he's gonna... Tell?? Something like that, I forgot. But to me it seems like they've made some kind of a pact not to talk about it.

yea...and in the last season finale jack said that he was sick of lying.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2008, 08:53:05 PM »
After a long Lost hiatus, it's finally back!! I agree this season looks great already, the flash forward premise has definately rekindled interest in the show, there's only so many flashbacks you can have that don't really add to the central story in any way. Was very interesting to see Jack being so steadfast in not wanting to return to the island. He told Hurley he was thinking of growing a beard so I presume it was before the first flashforward we all know of. So something definatley happened that made Jack change his mind. Another vision that Hurley had perhaps? So Jack/Kate/Hurley are 3 of the 6 (2 if Kate eludes them somehow), but don't forget, one of them dies, and judging by Kate's reaction in the first flashforward, he/she wasn't particularly popular.

The return of Charlie was also shocking. I don't think it was a Hurley mindfuck as Charlie was well-dressed and clean, and Hurley only knows Charlie's image from the island as a rough looking character with well worn clothes. Surely only that image would be present in Hurley's mind. Not to forget that another patient pointed him out to Hurley in the first place.

And what are the 6 hiding from everyone? :o And I wonder why Hurley told Jack he wished he had never gone with Locke? The mind boggles!!

Offline eglue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #79 on: February 05, 2008, 09:08:57 AM »
so there's word that the talks between the wga and amptp are going well. here's to hoping we get the full 16 episodes of lost this year as originally planned.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41655

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Cowpers - Shayou