JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dempagumi.inc - MACHIBOUKE GINGA STATION

Author Topic: (Group) The AKB48 Thread  (Read 708444 times)

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: (Group) The AKB48 Thread
« Reply #2220 on: February 15, 2009, 08:05:21 PM »
thanks Samurai! XXD

I think Kojiharu looks best there! 100% my type! Also the age fits now! :O  :lol:

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2221 on: February 16, 2009, 05:24:07 AM »
^ You're welcome.  :D
So now that you know, have there been any surprises?
Personally, I'd agree that Yukirin looks the least like her usual self.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2222 on: February 16, 2009, 07:40:01 AM »
Here's a mirror for those who have trouble with streaming / those who save EVERYTHING.  :P
http://www.mediafire.com/?gvn2dn9bljw
Thank you!

She sure looks a bit lost still :) I think the Tomochins and MaiMai will help her with that  :rofl:

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #2223 on: February 17, 2009, 03:19:47 AM »
Kojima looks SO like Kaori Iida in the cover. It's almost scary  :shocked:

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2224 on: February 17, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »
Nope, she doesn't!  :P

Offline Sayange

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #2225 on: February 18, 2009, 12:57:27 AM »
Yes, she does. If I hadn't deleted my 1000+ pix of Kaori from my computer I'd show you proofs.

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2226 on: February 18, 2009, 05:08:17 AM »
Kojima looks SO like Kaori Iida in the cover. It's almost scary  :shocked:

ummm.... maybe the post but I don't see the resemblance just like TB did.
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2227 on: February 18, 2009, 11:56:34 AM »
aside from the pose I don't see the resemblance either..

Another noobish question, what is the title of the song that goes something like:

"bla bla AKB
bla bla MAX"

and was it ever released?

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2228 on: February 18, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »
^ Do you mean AKB Sanjou! (AKB参上!   -  enough results on YouTube if you use this)?
That's from A5 and therefore not released yet, unless you count the live CD from the NHK Hall concert last November.

As for Haruna looking like Kaori, I can imagine how someone might see a resemblance but I fail to see it here....

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2229 on: February 18, 2009, 02:19:08 PM »
Ah that's the one, thanks! Guess I'll keep an eye out for A5 when it's released  :) Any idea when the dvd for A5 will be out? Might put it on my birthday wish list.

Talking about stages, which one(s) are generally considered the best ones? I've only seen a couple of them, and I must say I wasn't that impressed by them. Mostly because of the mediocre montage, short length and overall quality. I was expecting a bit more, because they are priced the same as a normal Morning Musume DVD.

It's difficult choosing a favorite team. Most of my favs girls are in Team A, but their sound is a bit soft. Team K probably has the most powerful sound (Sayaka!). I'm beginning to like Team B more and more too, they're pretty energetic.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 02:50:31 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2230 on: February 18, 2009, 03:36:07 PM »
A5 is still running. Don't expect a DVD any time soon.
I'd say that quite a lot of people consider the original A4 to be the best stage. But of course it depends on who you ask. Look at the ranking thread (S48).
Yeah, quality is so-so, but you can't really compare the stage DVDs to Morning Musume releases. They don't have a theater. If they had, stage videos would probably look similar and the prices would still be the same because they are almost standard.
As for teams, nobody forces you to pick a favorite one. Just stick to members.  ;)

Offline Sayange

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #2231 on: February 19, 2009, 01:40:42 AM »
Damn. Just, lately no one agrees with me, nowhere.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2232 on: February 19, 2009, 02:49:29 AM »
Talking about stages, which one(s) are generally considered the best ones? I've only seen a couple of them, and I must say I wasn't that impressed by them. Mostly because of the mediocre montage, short length and overall quality. I was expecting a bit more, because they are priced the same as a normal Morning Musume DVD.

This is hard to explain. If you mean good as in someone who is not into AKB48 can watch and enjoy, it's a tough tough call. None of the stages are mind blowing in that way. You have to be drawn into the group or a member to truly be "into" it. Sae got me into Team K. MaiMai got me into Team A. All of Team B got me into Team B. :P My personal favorites are K2, A4, and B3 for each team.

And as for the DVD's, the production quality is just bad and that's a sad reality. Earlier stage DVD's suffer from bad sync issues, later ones from really sloppy cuts(watch Umeda Ayaka's hair and the audience magically transform all throughout MARIA in K3). And yes, the prices charged for AKB48 stuff is absolutely absurd. Especially with some of them being such low quality. At least with an H!P concert, the lips move with the sound and it doesn't look like it was all rendered in Windows Movie Maker.

As for what you should try, try them all. I personally recommend my favorites, and if I were overzealous I'd tell you to avoid K4 and A5, but you may think they are the best things ever, so I say go for it. stage48 has a track listing for the stages. Just hit up youtube and check them out. It may sound like I'm bashing them here, but the group itself is pretty cool and while I wonder if a "general jpop fan" could get into them, I'd still recommend one to try them. Their management and quality of releases needs work, though. :)

Offline Shumatsu Samurai

• もっちぃ
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2233 on: February 19, 2009, 03:14:33 PM »
BarrieV:
Maybe watch some AKBingo (and previous shows), Nemousu TV and AKB40 +10! episodes to see other sides of them. It can help you find favorites. I think watching stages is more fun / interesting if you have someone to look / wait for or to focus on. But that depends on preferences / how you like to watch concerts.
I'm completely biased towards the stages I've seen live (A4, H2, B3, K4) so I will not recommend any.

Ange:
Sayaka is great, I think we can agree on that. :)  Cheer up!

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2234 on: February 19, 2009, 04:39:26 PM »
Oh yeah, how could I forget the shows? Durrrr. Yeah, check them out. They are posted regularly to Hello! Online's tracker. AKB48+10 is tons of fun even if it's only one episode a month. Sometimes I wish they would dump AKBingo and just do a +10 for each team, but I do enjoy it most of the time. It's just really repetitive. At least now they are sticking with the more interesting games. Boss burger ftw. <3

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #2235 on: February 19, 2009, 05:27:39 PM »
About Haruna looking like Kaori in the cover? I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but I see what you mean. I always thought Haruna kinda looked like Kaori, too.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2236 on: February 19, 2009, 10:38:38 PM »
And as for the DVD's, the production quality is just bad and that's a sad reality. Earlier stage DVD's suffer from bad sync issues, later ones from really sloppy cuts(watch Umeda Ayaka's hair and the audience magically transform all throughout MARIA in K3). And yes, the prices charged for AKB48 stuff is absolutely absurd. Especially with some of them being such low quality. At least with an H!P concert, the lips move with the sound and it doesn't look like it was all rendered in Windows Movie Maker.

Yes, that's why I meant. Overpriced for the quality you get. That's a pity.

It's kinda of strange, because their (recent) PVs are great. Complete with storylines and everything.

As for teams, nobody forces you to pick a favorite one. Just stick to members.  ;)

I know, but I was trying to generate some discussion. See what everybody's opinion is on the various teams.

Look at the ranking thread (S48).

Even though I check out S48 from time to time, sometimes it's really insider based if you know what I mean. So many abbreviations, tons of nicknames and references to various appearances that I get lost. But that's ok, I haven't been a fan that long. I'll catch up.

BarrieV:
Maybe watch some AKBingo (and previous shows). It can help you find favorites.

Don't get me wrong I have plenty of favorites. I keep discovering new interesting girls. I have all AKBingos on my external HD (both low and high resolution  :lol:) and some episodes of the previous shows.

Guess I'll re-watch some of the stages I have and give them an honest chance and not focus on the downsides of them, which I may have done in the past  :)

The thing about AKB48 is, sometimes I get really into them and then not at all. It really changes. I really enjoy the recent stuff (starting from Sakura '08 up to 10nen) and the early stuff (skirt hirari/aitakatta era).

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 11:08:41 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Sayange

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #2237 on: February 20, 2009, 02:08:29 AM »
It's ok, Shuma. Just that it feels I'm thinking wrongly lately @___@

About Haruna looking like Kaori in the cover? I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but I see what you mean. I always thought Haruna kinda looked like Kaori, too.

Yay!!!! :twothumbs

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2238 on: February 28, 2009, 12:00:54 PM »
The new No3b PV is out: "Tane"

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2239 on: February 28, 2009, 09:31:43 PM »
ZOMG! It's like the first one!  :lol: Maybe a bit better, there's no poodle!  :P

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Dempagumi.inc - MACHIBOUKE GINGA STATION