JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinouchi Emi - Painful

Author Topic: (Group) The AKB48 Thread  (Read 710008 times)

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: (Group) The AKB48 Thread
« Reply #2240 on: March 01, 2009, 11:52:57 AM »
Yeah they definitely got their own style going on. I quite like the song too and the summer vibe.

Btw, completely unrelated, what's up with Itano's PB? It's quite expensive @ round 4800 yen  :-\

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2241 on: March 01, 2009, 04:04:19 PM »
The younger the more expensive XD

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2242 on: March 03, 2009, 01:14:37 AM »
I finally went to the AKB48 Theater yesterday.  No photos allowed in the lobby.  Sadly no tickets available either.

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
« Reply #2243 on: March 03, 2009, 01:49:41 AM »
No pix allowed in the lobby??? WTF that is strange. :O

And you gotta send an email to win a ticket, you cannot go and simply buy it. :sweatdrop:

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2244 on: March 03, 2009, 07:47:55 AM »
Yeah, I had emailed to get one, and no luck.... At the escalators there are signs with the no pics allowed.

Double Post.  This is the 2000 Yen, Team B Shirt.  It was the only available Large (probably wouldn't wear either).  Team A was Pink, K was baby blue.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2245 on: March 03, 2009, 06:39:15 PM »
I finally went to the AKB48 Theater yesterday.  No photos allowed in the lobby.  Sadly no tickets available either.
Try and hook up with Tatami, maybe he can help?

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2246 on: March 21, 2009, 12:33:54 AM »
It's so win that Kobayashi Kana is getting her own solo DVD. :heart: There's a whole side of AKB48 I've totally forgotten about. I used to be a fan of hers, Matsubara, and others, but they are so pushed in the back on stage, and the cast seems to have stopped rotating almost completely on AKBingo, that it's impossible to see them without going to the damn theater. :( But yay for this, I am going to try hard to buy it. I am also hopeful that Matsubara Natsumi will get this treatment, too. She has the right "stuff" to make a great DVD. ;D

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2247 on: March 23, 2009, 12:38:03 PM »
Great shirt, TDuck, wouldn't mind the pink one myself  :)

AKB48's close to breaking the 100k for 10nen sakura sales! How awesome is that.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2248 on: April 08, 2009, 06:29:37 PM »
Sucks to hear Naruru's going to be out and has a slipped disc of all things. @_@ Those are pretty, "fun"... When I was in high school a friend who played football got that condition, and it can be pretty painful. Luckily, though, the recovery rate for that is pretty high. It just requires an extended period of rest and medical observation. Come back soon Naruru, you're cool! :heart:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2249 on: April 10, 2009, 12:02:53 PM »
If anyone still wants a calendar.. most shops are selling them with 50% discount!! You can get Maeda's and Yuko's for cheap at cd-japan. Yuko's is even cheaper is you order through J-list, because they have cheaper shipping. Finally, last time I checked, Kasai's calendar was on sale at HMV!

Get 'em while they're still available! I'm ordering mine NOW! 

edit: I'll post some links for convenience:

Oshima Yuko: http://www.jbox.com/PRODUCT/CL64-09

Oshima Yuko: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=2009CL-64

Acchan: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=2009CL-57

Kasai: http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/2782288

Thank you for placing your order!

After 5 months I finally decided which one to get  :lol: Ironically, I ended up getting an Erika Tonooka one, who I've known since yesterday. :lol: :lol: Sorry AKB girls.. maybe next year if Haruna or Kashiwagi releases one. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 07:06:17 PM by BarrieV »

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2250 on: April 15, 2009, 01:02:34 PM »
Have no idea where to post this, so here will do..

DVDISO/4.15GB

Offline ichijoujirena

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2251 on: April 20, 2009, 12:40:26 AM »
B3 is (in my opinion) the best AKB stage so far.
However...this dvd was a bit over processed. I'm pretty sure Nacchan's pajamas aren't supposed to glow. XD It is a nice step up from the previous stage dvds, but..yeah..a bit too much saturation at points.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2252 on: April 20, 2009, 01:35:03 AM »
It seems like a rule of law that something has to be wrong with every AKB48 DVD. The contrast is really annoying too, because the editing is actually extremely well done for once.

Oh well, shouldn't bitch. It's not like I can easily buy it.

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2253 on: April 20, 2009, 09:36:29 AM »
I'm quite pleased with the DVD quality! It's great! Yeah, saturation is a bit over the top, but I also like that, it gives kinda a cozy mood. XD All in al something I'd buy, if were available on regular retailers. :/

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2254 on: April 20, 2009, 02:07:18 PM »
Just watched the B3 dvd! This is the first stage I watched in great quality (grabbed the iso of H!O) and I quite liked it.

Random thoughts:
1. I came to the conclusion I only know about three Team B members  :sweatdrop:
2. The first 4 or 5 songs sounded almost identical to me.. fortunately, there was more variation later on.
3. The camera work and editing seems to be much better than on the previous stages I've seen.
4. Why did they cut all the MCs?! It's not ike there wasn't space on the dvds for them or anything..
5. Overall the setlist was very nice, I only skipped one song. A happy songs I really liked was the team B song. I also liked the guitar based songs a lot. As tyou can tell, I don't know many of the song titles yet haha.
6. Too much lip syncing for my tastes. Even bad lip syncing in some parts, but that may be caused by the editing. I'd rather have them sing bad than not at all, but that's just a matter of opinion.

Conclusion, I enjoyed watching it and I'll definitely watch it again.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 09:51:14 PM by BarrieV »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2255 on: April 20, 2009, 06:53:12 PM »
4. Why did they cut all the MCs?! It's not ike there wasn't space on the dvds for them or anything..
MC's get repetative way faster then songs, unless they would include all of them done during the stage (on a seperate DVD?) which one would they choose? And as they do not record all shows, you would miss some anyway.
Also all stage DVD's I have seen are single sided, so about 4.5-5GB which because of the bit-rate they use means just one hour of video. Thisone at 3.72GB is actually rather small.
6. Too much lip syncing for my tastes. Even bad lip syncing in some parts, but that may be caused by the editing. I'd rather have them sing bad than not at all, but that's just a matter of opinion.
I still think a good recording is better then bad singing for listening multiple times...

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2256 on: April 20, 2009, 09:41:53 PM »
^I get that they can't include all of the MCs and that there is some variation between them, but MM and Ai Otsuka etc do include their MCs on the day of recording. If people don't want to see them or get bored by them they can just skip them. I would have prefered to see at least the into MC, because it would help me to get to know the girls a bit better.. I still don't know their names haha. Aw well, doesn't matter that much.

The lip syncing is a matter of taste. I agree that really bad vocals can be a major turn off for multiple viewings. For example, I felt that way with an out of breath Shokotan in the beginning of her singing career. On the other hand, It can also make me appreciate an artist more, which was the case with Idoling. Some of them sang pretty bad, but you could see them try their best and the crowd cheered them on, which in turn made them try even harder.

B3 is still awesome, I would've hoped to see more Yukirin though, but I guess everybody feels that way about their favorite members  :)

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2257 on: April 20, 2009, 10:11:02 PM »
I would have prefered to see at least the into MC, because it would help me to get to know the girls a bit better..

I think they left out the MC's simply for consistency. When AKB48 was formed, it was targeted specifically at super-otaku, and super-otaku like to have this deluded sense of closeness with idols, thus a lot of the "insider" things, including MC's, were stripped out to (possibly, what do I know :P ) leave it a theater-goer exclusive. Since then, Akimoto's thirst for more plain, overpriced suits has allowed others in through the on demand thing and other stuff. I think they are just being consistent in their format, and anyone who wants MC can subscribe to on-demand. Unless you are a fan overseas, then you don't really matter to AKS. *cough* Anyway...

In other news, it looks like AKB48 is getting another venue for performances that will hold somewhere around a thousand people. That's great, but uh, a thousand? No offense to AKB48, but that seem awfully high. Hopefully they'll do good.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2258 on: April 24, 2009, 10:01:23 AM »
Team A is coming to Paris!!

http://www.japan-expo.com/nws-371-en-akb48:_japan_expo_music_guest_of_honor.html

If this is true... than WOOOHH!!  :cow:  :welcome  :cow:

edit: ticket prices are reasonable too. Cheapest is 9 euro and the most expensive is 100 euro (4 days, VIP access  :P)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 10:08:09 AM by BarrieV »

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #2259 on: April 24, 2009, 10:39:47 AM »

woot thanks for the heads up !

don't know if they're going to perform each day and don't know if I'll go there tho =3

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Hinouchi Emi - Painful