JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Matsu Takako - Hana no Youni

Author Topic: [News] Elder Club members graduating next year  (Read 41763 times)

Offline Saikami

• W O N K Y F I E D
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TEAM AIBUTT
Re: [News] Elder Club members graduating next year
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2008, 02:58:42 PM »
:O Gawd...I don't even know what to think of this x_____x;; my brain can't handle this kind of news in the morning. I just know in like, four hours or something, it'll really hit me and I'll freak out =_= :scared: :frustrated: :pleeease: :tantrum:

H!P is going to be screwed without some of them.
[All hail AiButt! Sig by Dinny!]

Offline Kuja

• Member+
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2008, 03:10:00 PM »
What a shock and yet not.
The only thing I'm worried of is whether or not we will hear much of the Gatas-Eggs anymore. It's interesting to see what are the activities that they will have after this (if they will have anything). I understand the need to kind of start anew, but if that means that I won't be hearing any more of my favorite Eggs, that's really sad. Of course seeing Konno and Mako (two of my favorite girls) go makes me sad too, but I have to admit, Mako's comeback didn't include much things for her to do, did it? I hope there would be more or at least as much chances to see her after this.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 03:22:13 PM by Kuja »

Graphics by Miichan and Yangstars@soompi

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2008, 03:32:08 PM »
GYAAAHH WHAT THE FUCK

I go offline for a few hours and I get back and half of H!P is graduating?! WTF?!?!? That's it, I'm never going offline again.

I guess I'm just gonna wait and see what happens, I'm too tired to start speculating 'n feeling like shit. lol

On the other hand, the majority of elder club were members that I didn't pay a lot of attention to anyway. But it's still crazy to see all the big names on a list of graduates. INSANITY

Then again as time has gone by, the age & maturity gap in H!P has started to feel weird and complicated to me and I think this will make things 'neater'...

I'll still stay with the bouncy happy joy joy kids, I guess... lol

A lot of recent H!P projects have been kind of un-tsunkuproduced anyway, mostly the anime stuff, so umm Idk, there might be work outside the H!P as we know it, guh guh, dabadiba
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2008, 03:35:28 PM »
My friend texted me and woke me up with this news a few minutes ago. Instead of freaking, I immediately started cracking up. Why?

Because I called it :wahaha:

Seriously, I predicted it as soon as I saw all those Mega Super Duper End of The World Best of Albums that were mysteriously all for Elder Club and dead units.

Now I'm betting at least some of them will move to this lovely agency that popped up pretty recently and has only four talent - Fujimoto Miki, Ogawa Makoto, Mano Erina, and Tokito Ami.

Offline Pharadox

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2008, 03:51:13 PM »
Now I'm betting at least some of them will move to this lovely agency that popped up pretty recently and has only four talent - Fujimoto Miki, Ogawa Makoto, Mano Erina, and Tokito Ami.

Huh. Yeah. Entirely possible.

Anyway, now that I'm finished having a brain aneurysm over this, all I can say is I'd better still see Yossie around. That's really the only one of all of them that I can't bear to see go out of the spotlight permanently. Would be nice to keep Ishikawa around too, for the ishiyoshi.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2008, 04:49:58 PM »
What a way to wake up and then see this.....
Actually, I feel indifferent about this whole announcement now, except in regards to MKB and Yuko-sama.

Hell, I haven't even listened to anything H!P in quite some time, but I do hope for the best for all who are graduating.

Que cera, cera........
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 05:32:45 PM by L-san »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline mr.niigaki

• is a female.
  • Member+
  • remember the noisy girls
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2008, 05:17:50 PM »
Okay wow, this was a shocker for me today. This is not at all what I expected to find upon coming here.  :'(

I vaguely had a sense of doom at the mega best releases but didn't think much into things cuz I didn't want to think about what it could mean.
Sure it's about time something was done for the poor Elder Club and their lack of anything at all really, but since it's the majority of H!P is leaving it is sad. I really hope that they'll start getting some actual releases or some kind of activities somewhere.

I'm quite sad about Makochin and KonKon going away. I wanted me Gokkies group...  :-\ Also Yossi and Rika.
Stupid groups I want that can never exist now and never would have happened anyway.

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2008, 05:23:17 PM »
WTF.

This had better turn out to be a cruel and sick joke. This is ridiculous... and there goes like 90% of my favorite H!P members. Ogawa, and really even Konno, just got back! Why graduate them again? And Rika, though I love her dearly, is a cash cow. And now it just seems like they were stringing people like Yuki, Kei, and Inaba along until they could pull this. Oh Inaba! D: Now our songs are going to lack awesome background vocals.

Looks like we were right about those Mega Bests.

And whoever was the mastermind behind this... here's a big middle finger from me.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2008, 06:18:54 PM »
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :gyaaah: :pleeease: :on speedy:
Whoever is responsible for this should be shot, really. I can't believe it!!! Why the hell would you do something like this?! H!P is gonna collapse soon, without some of our best artists. Where are they going to go?! :mon cry:

This sucks ass, really. I'm so pissed and sad right now. Stupid news ruined my entire day (it's 9:17 am) :mon whine:

Offline genericpaperdoll

• マスタ☆ピンク。
  • Member+
  • neverending.white.light
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2008, 06:29:54 PM »
H!P just died to me. I just lost a good 90% of who I loved in it...

But after having taken the time to read through the thread and calm down, I guessing it's for the best no matter how painful. They can be free to do things idols can't which makes me happy and hopfully they can find a label that doesn't push them to the back burner for a bunch of teenagers. But still, I'm sad that this includes like all but 5 of my favorite H!P members...
Dollie's GraphicsI'll Never Forget You ♦

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2008, 06:44:44 PM »
JP-R?? INTERESTING!!! ALMOND!

I wonder if they can at least sing their hits, I'm fuckin tired of Morning Musume classics getting raped at every concert. YOU CANT DO RIKA'S PEACE MONOLOGUE MUTHAFUCKAZ!!!!

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2008, 06:47:43 PM »
This is a sad day, a very sad day . . . . . . .

All the people that made me a fan is going!

Offline Gblue

• 流れ星
  • Member+
  • 流れ星
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2008, 06:51:09 PM »
YOU CANT DO RIKA'S PEACE MONOLOGUE MUTHAFUCKAZ!!!!

:lol:

honestly, this is pretty shitty. unless something EPIC is happening with all these girls.

Offline Sue

• Member+
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2008, 07:15:31 PM »
i just can say

WTF??!!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2008, 09:12:18 PM »
There's still 5 months left until the graduation, so UFA is probably going to antagonize the fans with releasing bits of info about them little by little.

It do think that most of the graduating H!P members will still be continuing on with their careers as entertainers, music or talento or idol-like.  Probably some will still stay with UFA, some will left the entertainment world. 

In a way, this maybe a release for most of the members, and are able to live a normal life, boyfriend, marraige, etc, do what they want.

I hope Yossy will still stay as she is, though...  She seems happy...

And i dunno about this, But I do have a feeling that if Matsuura Aya were to move to another label, she would be in Pony Canyon label. 
I do think H!P/UFA artists would have more probability of moving to either Pony Canyon or Sony, since their subsidary labels are under UFA.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2008, 09:23:44 PM »
Holy fuck people! And here I thought only the guys at JPM panicked like this.  SERIOUSLY! Get a grip!

In the end, everyone needs to remember that H!P is JUST A NAME used so that the girls have some type of connection/association with one another. "Hello! Project" isn't an actual business company, it's just a name, just a label. From what has been released so far, there's nothing that says that after the EC graduation, the graduating EC members will no longer be employed by UFA/UFW (all H!P members are employed by UFA/UFW). Just because they'll no longer have the H!P label associated with them doesn't mean that they'll stop working.

"Hello! Project" is known as being a group of "idols" (as Slack stated, focusing mainily on under-20 idols). In that sense, it's quite logical for the EC members to leave behind the "H!P" banner because none of them are really "idols" anymore. They've all grown up and no longer use nor fit the "idol image". Many of them are still releasing their own (more "grown-up") styles of songs/singles/albums, even if it's not on as frequent a basis as we may like. They're doing theatre and musicals, acting, modeling, hosting and appearing on other TV shows, and so forth.

Unless an new official statement emerges stating otherwise, the EC graduation will NOT be the last we see of all of them (i.e. they're NOT all going to completely disappear just because they're no longer under the H!P banner). It's like when you graduate from high school or university. Life still will go on even though you're no longer in that group/environment that you've gotten used to and that people have gotten used to seeing you in.

And someone in a previous post here in this thread that this will change things here at JPH!P. There's no reason why it would need to. Does the fact that they're graduating mean that we give up on them? Fuck no.  All that will need to be done is to create a new subforum for the graduating members/groups and call it something like "Formerly Hello!Project" .

EDIT:
Miki-sama's the "Godmother" of JP-R! Oh the fun that can be had!
:wahaha:
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:26:42 PM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Sazaki Ren

• Member+
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »
I just finished subtitling 3rd volume of Berryz and C-ute's solo event dvd... I come back to my pc, I open JPH!P and what do I see....
 :shock: Half of H!P is graduating... Now this is something major.... My first thoughts were WTF how could they do such a thing...  :frustrated: :grr: :scolding:  :pleeease: :fainted:

But now that I've calmed down - I can think this over properly. After all the thinking... Since I've started to be interested in H!P about two years ago - and I'm a big Berryz Koubou fan - I don't think that I will properly miss all the graduated members. It is though a pity that all of them graduate. But after all - Mari, which I like too, has her own tv program - as well as she didn't sing anything for past couple of years. Matsuura... I think she will be able to carry on without H!P. Miki - I think that she will also continue her career. As for the rest... I think they will be completely fine either carrying on their careers or living a completely normal life.

Now I'm looking forward to seeing next actions from UFA. I'm really interested in what will come after all the graduates.  

Thanks to PHARADOX for the sign :wub:
My own Art Corner
My H!P Blog

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2008, 09:41:30 PM »
AVEX is going to have a field day haha
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline Grisours

• Koi no Mega Lover
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • =3
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2008, 09:43:46 PM »
Oh wow. I don't even know what to say, I guess everything was said already.
I kinda saw it coming, what with the Mega best releases and stuff, and I'm also trying not to make a big deal out of it. I mean, there's this other company appearing already, and they're gonna do the same things they did before. Apparently, the only difference is that they won't be seen as H!P idols anymore, which is good for them.
Still, is kinda sad/weird to see all these graduations going on. I mean, Matsuura Aya graduating? Never saw it coming...

Offline doinkies

• Wotadoink
  • Member+
  • Reinadoinkies! <3
« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2008, 09:47:10 PM »
Holy fuck people! And here I thought only the guys at JPM panicked like this.  SERIOUSLY! Get a grip!

In the end, everyone needs to remember that H!P is JUST A NAME used so that the girls have some type of connection/association with one another. "Hello! Project" isn't an actual business company, it's just a name, just a label. From what has been released so far, there's nothing that says that after the EC graduation, the graduating EC members will no longer be employed by UFA/UFW (all H!P members are employed by UFA/UFW). Just because they'll no longer have the H!P label associated with them doesn't mean that they'll stop working.

"Hello! Project" is known as being a group of "idols" (as Slack stated, focusing mainily on under-20 idols). In that sense, it's quite logical for the EC members to leave behind the "H!P" banner because none of them are really "idols" anymore. They've all grown up and no longer use nor fit the "idol image". Many of them are still releasing their own (more "grown-up") styles of songs/singles/albums, even if it's not on as frequent a basis as we may like. They're doing theatre and musicals, acting, modeling, hosting and appearing on other TV shows, and so forth.

Unless an new official statement emerges stating otherwise, the EC graduation will NOT be the last we see of all of them (i.e. they're NOT all going to completely disappear just because they're no longer under the H!P banner). It's like when you graduate from high school or university. Life still will go on even though you're no longer in that group/environment that you've gotten used to and that people have gotten used to seeing you in.

And someone in a previous post here in this thread that this will change things here at JPH!P. There's no reason why it would need to. Does the fact that they're graduating mean that we give up on them? Fuck no.  All that will need to be done is to create a new subforum for the graduating members/groups and call it something like "Formerly Hello!Project" .

EDIT:
Miki-sama's the "Godmother" of JP-R! Oh the fun that can be had!
:wahaha:

JP-R sounds interesting...it seems to be UFA-affiliated too, and Miki and Makocchan are already on it. Perhaps some other EC members will be in JP-R like almond thinks.

And a big thumbs up to this post. I understand it's a shock to many people, it's a shock to Japanese fans too (the news was posted on mixi and has 787 comments, and it's the second most-accessed and first most-commented-on entertainment news article on mixi currently), and it shocked me, too. But I'm a pretty optimistic doink when it comes to some of these members - Nacchi, Yossie, Rika, Aya, Miki, Mai and Mari in particular I can see being more active outside of H!P (they were already the most active members of all in the EC, even if they did not sing much they had many other media appearances, plays, etc.). It can be a boost to their careers if everything is worked out properly.
I don't know about the less-active or less-popular members, though. Some might stay with UFA or a UFA-affiliated agency, but others might leave either UFA or the entertainment industry altogether.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone's plans will be...and I will still follow H!P, even though I like a lot of the EC members I still like MoMusu and the Kids groups and I want to see how Manoeri's solo career will develop and what they'll do with the Taiwan audition winners. I'll also follow whatever my favorite EC members will be doing.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:51:11 PM by doinkies »

Av and sig courtesy of genericpaperdoll! ~ H!P fangirl since 2001!
Click my dragons!

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Matsu Takako - Hana no Youni