JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tomiko Van - again

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007453 times)

Offline CrisisReversed

• ecchi
  • Nothing to put here
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2460 on: May 10, 2013, 10:23:24 PM »
Sims 4 is rumored to be announced  Monday. You ready?
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a478920/the-sims-4-registered-by-ea-announcement-tipped-for-monday.html

I hope to dear god that EA doesn't continue to be a prick about DRM with this game like they were with SimCity.  I've lost all my faith in them as a company and I just hope they don't screw this up for longtime fans of the series.
EA announces it will be offline single-player. Most likely will still have 80 thousand DLCs/expansions, as per the normal case with Sims.

That makes me really happy to hear.  I didn't play Sims 3, but I played an insane amount of Sims 2 as a kid.  Just playing and messing around on that game was so much fun.  I'll probably pick it up just to see how the game has evolved since then ^__^!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2461 on: May 12, 2013, 12:38:39 PM »
There's a great game I found out about through Giant Bomb which I want to recommend here. It's called Papers, Please

You play as an immigration inspector for a fictional Eastern European country and as people come through you must check their documentation and ensure everything is in order before issuing them a pass. If you find anything that doesn't match to the rules of the game e.g. wrong passport number, missing documents, you must point it out before denying the applicant. And you must process through the line quickly as you get paid per person you process and the money goes at the end of each day towards paying for your family and the rent, food, heat etc and if you don't keep up, they could get sick and die. Wrongly letting people through or denying them gives you a penalty which a deductment from your pay. But some people can come up to you and present sob stories as well. For me, a guy had all his papers in order and told me to look out for his wife who was next in line, except she didn't have all her papers. So what do I do? Follow orders and deny her access even though her husband was let through? Or let her through to join with her husband but get deducted in pay which I need for my own family?

It's in beta and will take you about an hour or two to beat. But the best thing about the game? It's free and it's only 12MB. I highly recommend it, the game is awesome.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 03:01:55 PM by Tuffty »

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2462 on: May 12, 2013, 09:46:10 PM »
I didn't like it, makes you feel like an idiot, then your son dies.

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2463 on: May 13, 2013, 05:02:21 PM »
For all you Civ-a-holics out there. So hyped for Brave New World  :twothumbs

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2464 on: May 14, 2013, 07:32:45 PM »
After three years, I've returned to The Sims 3. I just feel so lost when I play though.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2465 on: May 18, 2013, 09:51:12 PM »
I react the same way when I make some sweet kills in online multiplayer :lol:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2466 on: May 22, 2013, 05:20:38 AM »
Hey hey hey hey hey!

I know Xbox One and all that jazz, but fuck all that.

PAX cancelled orders of people who bought a crap ton passes for PAX Prime to scalp then, and them resold them back to the public!

So I was able to get a Saturday and Sunday pass.

I'm there at PAX for the entire 4 day event! If you got any requests for me, send them here! http://selective-hearing.com/pax-prime-2013-it-just-got-better/
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2468 on: May 24, 2013, 01:16:18 PM »
^ haha, I was just about to post the same thing XD

A new ME would be super awesome and long overdue!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2469 on: May 27, 2013, 06:52:55 PM »
^ Even if ME2 doesn't come, fans might be sated with a new game, Dying Light, a first person parkour zombie game made by the same guys who did Dead Island.

I bought a PS3 today! Couple of reasons led to it, mainly the price drop (£199 for 500GB model? Hells yeh), the fact that I got a pay bonus this month and a lot of exclusive games that look awesome and that I really want to play. Right now I bought Uncharted 2 and Yakuza 4 to start with and will be buying a PS Plus subscription when I get it so I can get some free games. If it arrives this week then I can get DOA5 for free which would be nice but not essential. But June? Oh June. Next month, I'll get the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus HD collection for free. And? Demon's Motherfucking Souls!!! Should be plenty in those games to keep me going in the meantime, with my wry eye on MGS4, Gran Turismo 5, Ni No Kuni and The Last Of Us, as something to get excited for. Can't wait. Also gives me a good opportunity to play co-op with Shadowstar and I'm thinking of RE6 or possibly Portal 2. Anyone have other good co-op suggestions?

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2470 on: May 27, 2013, 07:51:09 PM »
^ Congratulations!
I'm still waiting for a good deal or bundle offer, but since I saw the blue Ps3 I can't get that out of my mind, but it's so expensive compared to the regular version.

I just discovered this upcoming download game for Ps360.
Looks interesting, I will keep an eye on that.

http://www.brothersthegame.com/

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2471 on: May 28, 2013, 08:56:15 PM »
The ending :lol: :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2472 on: May 29, 2013, 10:36:17 PM »
Apologies for the double post but just to make everyone aware, Amazon US are doing ridiculous, repeat, ridiculous deals for digital copies of PC games.. For example, you could get both Batman Arkham Asylum and City for $11.49. Both Bioshock 1 & 2 for $4.99. All 3 Fable games for $9.99. And that's just to name a few. It only lasts for May 30 & 31st thought so get looking.

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #2473 on: May 30, 2013, 10:03:01 PM »
The RNG of XCOM: Enemy Unknown cheats for its enemy AI more than the RNGs of any of the 13 Fire Emblem games do

Either that or XCOM: Enemy Unknown assigns arbitrary -X% aim to the player's soldiers

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2474 on: May 31, 2013, 12:20:06 AM »
Got my PS3 today! Sleek and sexy little machine, I like it. Downloading Demons Souls overnight. From the brief time I've played it, Yakuza 4 is tickling my Shenmue itch. Got a prize on the UFO machine on my first go! Wonder if I can give it to Rio?

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2475 on: May 31, 2013, 07:30:17 AM »
The RNG of XCOM: Enemy Unknown cheats for its enemy AI more than the RNGs of any of the 13 Fire Emblem games do

Either that or XCOM: Enemy Unknown assigns arbitrary -X% aim to the player's soldiers
I guess the scope item and the perks even up the playing field. You'know, you're humans fighting aliens. It sounds right for them to have an advantage, right?

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2476 on: June 02, 2013, 07:37:26 PM »
Check out those spells in the first mod. Don't know if I should label it as super-cool, beautiful, or most annoying thing ever. :sweatdrop: Actually I like them a lot. :)

@2:50

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2477 on: June 06, 2013, 09:40:06 PM »

I wasn't feeling this game, but this trailer is so ridiculous, I might just get it.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline DioBrando

• Bobby Digital
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SWAGSWAGSWAGSWAG
« Reply #2478 on: June 06, 2013, 10:28:27 PM »

I wasn't feeling this game, but this trailer is so ridiculous, I might just get it.
I loved SR3, so I'm definitely looking forward to this...even more of the same crazy shit is fine for me...

On another note, I've been all but obsessed with Dark Souls recently...I'll try to keep it short, but I can't say enough good things about this game. I had Demon's Souls on PS3, I wanted it really badly but I never got around to playing it. Partially because I was kind of intimidated....I knew I could manage to get over the frustration, but I wasn't sure I wanted to invest the time. Same deal with Dark Souls, had it for a while and never got around to it. So, after finishing Bioshock Infinite (which, btw, was also fantastic), I decided to give Dark Souls a spin. I'll just say it's one of the most rewarding gaming experiences ever. To go from where I started, that fear of the unknown, that first time I got killed and lost my souls, the first time I fought a boss and got murdered and thought to myself "how the hell am I supposed to do this?", to where I am now...it's ridiculous. There are so many smart little touches in this game, and that feeling of conquering an area and then going back to it and becoming either the guy who helps the less fortunate or the guy who tortures the less fortunate, is simply phenomenal. Now I'm deeper than I ever thought I'd be, considering different character "builds" for different purposes and trying to get in even deeper with the PvP aspects of the game. I've also got a couple friends to get it, so I get to play the role of co-op helper, haha

Needless to say, I'm going to pre-order Dark Souls 2 with the force of a thousand grossly incandescent suns.
No longer El Brandinator on Minus. No Longer all All T-ara all the time. All love tho.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2479 on: June 07, 2013, 12:24:50 AM »
^ A fellow sun-bro engaging in jolly co-operation! :D The beauty of Dark Souls is that it is one of the purest gameplay experiences this generation and when it's got it's hooks into you it doesn't let go. Seeing as you have Demon's Souls as well, maybe now is the best time to play it. That's what I'm doing! Getting that lovely feeling of seeing new environments, new enemies etc all over again. Gotta love it.

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tomiko Van - again