JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Crazy Kanjou Style

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007343 times)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2520 on: July 02, 2013, 10:57:14 PM »
feck yeh just bought borderlands 2 for $9.99 on xbox live  :thumbup

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #2521 on: July 03, 2013, 04:40:08 AM »
Jeez reading that stuff makes me uneasy for some reason. :ph43r: Same feeling as that guy that made the mathematically perfect Sim City.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2522 on: July 03, 2013, 06:00:35 PM »

I'm definitely not getting this game.

I see this as being the Dead Souls game in the Yakuza series. If a SR 5 is ever announced, I do hope it goes back to its roots last seen in 2.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 08:10:32 PM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2523 on: July 08, 2013, 09:23:09 PM »
It's with a very heavy heart to say that Ryan Davis, editor at Giant Bomb.com, passed away last week. He was 34 and just married that weekend before.

I personally find it a huge loss. As podcast host and frequent contributor to the video content that GB posted daily, I've seen and heard from him week in, week out for 5 years. He and the rest of the GB crew have helped form my opinions on gaming and even shaped my own sense of humour. Despite never meeting him in person, it feels like I've lost a close friend and it is perhaps a tribute to him to read that I'm not the only one who feels that way. What I'll miss most from him is his infectious bellowing laugh and just how easy it was for him to dissect what makes our silly video games so easy to love. My condolences to his family and friends at this horrible time. :(

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #2524 on: July 08, 2013, 11:23:30 PM »
Fuck.  :(

Him and Vinnie were the ones I listened to the Bombcast for. He was the one guy that always brought the energy, positive angle and kept things rolling so I wonder how it will be from now on.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2525 on: July 09, 2013, 02:08:54 AM »
I became a fan of his back when he was working at Gamespot, and followed him to Giantbomb.

It's gonna be so weird. Rest in Paradise, Ryan Davis. You will be missed.

Edit: One of my favorite Ryan moments.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:46:55 AM by thatonezombie »
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2526 on: July 09, 2013, 09:47:30 AM »
^ Awww, sounds like he was a really good guy >_<
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2527 on: July 09, 2013, 08:39:05 PM »
Some of my favourite Ryan moments

Miss him so much already.

Offline xyish

• Masuda's bitch
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • :3
« Reply #2528 on: July 11, 2013, 10:33:46 PM »
Steam Summer Sales are upon us!

This time around, they are doing the whole trading cards badge crafting deal for the event badge (which I think is just a ridiculous waste of money).
However, those cards do come with some pretty cool summer-themed postcards instead of the usual larger image, so I thought I'd just share these for those who aren't intending to collect the cards. These are all HD wallpaper size too (click for big).

BioShock Infinite

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Dead Island Riptide

Football Manager 2013

Kerbal Space Program

Prison Architect

Reus

Skyrim

Tomb Raider

Torchlight II

(imgur album)

For anyone intending to collect the cards, good luck! You'll probably need it. I'll take any spares you don't want! I'll try to get at least a set just out of curiosity if not anything else. Hope it doesn't have 5 levels like every other STCards badge... the existence of foils even for this seems to indicate otherwise though...
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 10:46:45 PM by xyish »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2530 on: July 12, 2013, 11:51:09 PM »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2531 on: July 13, 2013, 12:53:06 PM »
^who needs enemies with friends like these XD

Finished episode 5 of the The Walking Dead last night.
Eventhough I had a good guess how the game would end (and that guess was pretty much cemented after ep.4) I cried like a baby at the end and I couldn't bring myself to make Clem shoot me, so I just send her away.

Played 400 Days right after. The characters and their story set ups are interesting, but it's really short. I'm looking forward to season 2 and how the characters of 400 Days will be integrated in the game.
I was a bit shocked at myself, when I realised how the experiences from season 1 affected my decisions in 400 Days. I tried to make the morally "good" choices, but was at the same time thinking how it will most probably fuck up everything anyway and how it would be strategically wiser to make the hard decision that would save me trouble.

Were there any statements made, when season 2 is coming out?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2532 on: July 13, 2013, 03:18:00 PM »
Gosh Walking Dead is so good. Such a strong, emotional story with such well realised characters. Very few games or even TV or film for that matter, affected me so much. For me..

*ENDING SPOILERS*

I let Clem shoot me. I figured I had been preparing her to be brave and to be prepared throughout the series and this was the final step. If she did this, she could be ready for anything. But you see the epilogue scene where Clem's all alone and your heart just breaks even further. Goddammit...

They said Season 2 will be out this year, definately. Not sure when though, maybe October to coincide with the show? The downside is that you'll have to brace yourself for dealing with an episode a month!
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 03:25:04 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2533 on: July 13, 2013, 10:21:07 PM »
*ENDING SPOILERS*

I let Clem shoot me. I figured I had been preparing her to be brave and to be prepared throughout the series and this was the final step. If she did this, she could be ready for anything. But you see the epilogue scene where Clem's all alone and your heart just breaks even further. Goddammit...

I too have been preparing Chem on how to take care of herself throughout all 5 episodes. Although I wish I hadn't let her kill The Stranger. Plus I didn't want her last memory of Lee is to see him turn.

Currently downloading 400 Days. Tempted to finish the whole DLC episode today, but that would make the wait for Season 2 much longer.

Well I do have Uncharted 2 lying around.....

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2534 on: July 14, 2013, 11:20:48 AM »
REGARDING THE ENDING
I knew shooting Lee was meant to be Clem's "final test" and probably the right thing to do, but still I couldn't let her do it. I wanted her to keep Lee in good memory and not with a bullet in the face. I doubt she will encounter his zombiefied form walking around because she will stay away from this city for the rest of her life.

What do you think, were the two people on the hill at the end Omide and Christy?
Also someone mentioned Christy was pregnant, I didn't even realise.

Man, this forum really needs a spoiler tag thingie.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2535 on: July 14, 2013, 05:57:03 PM »

Also someone mentioned Christy was pregnant, I didn't even realise.

Really!!!!? The first hint I got was when she threw up after Lee dug up the dead dog to get it's collar. The second was after Chem was kidnapped and the rest of the group was stuck in the attic. She paused before Kenny gave her the bottle of whiskey, looking down at her stomach. Kenny put two and two together and realized she was pregnant.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2536 on: July 14, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »
^
Really!!!!? The first hint I got was when she threw up after Lee dug up the dead dog to get it's collar. The second was after Chem was kidnapped and the rest of the group was stuck in the attic. She paused before Kenny gave her the bottle of whiskey, looking down at her stomach. Kenny put two and two together and realized she was pregnant.

*WALKING DEAD SPOILERS*

It was never explicitly said but was heavily implied. I had a suspicion as soon as I met them in Episode 3. As Lee climbs the ladder to meet them, Omid and Christa talk to each other and Omid says something like, "Yeh we're ok now, but what about when.." and then Christa cuts him off. Plus Omid looked way to excited to see Clementine, Christa's questioning of how Lee is raising Clementine and the reveal from Episode 4 on how she's throwing up a lot lately. I would say there's no doubt she is.

I don't think the two at the end are Omid and Christa, or walkers. They're two people we've probably yet to meet.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2537 on: July 14, 2013, 09:22:37 PM »
^ well I saw (some) of these hints, but I interpreted them differently and didn't make the connection  :nervous

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2538 on: July 15, 2013, 05:05:02 AM »
Back to 400 days. yeah, it was pretty short, like 2 hours.
It was fun, showing all the game mechanics and having their climatic scenes (Would've been a great demo). But didn't hang out long enough with the characters to get chummy with 'em.

I chose the boring good-guy options again. :sweatdrop:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2539 on: July 16, 2013, 09:12:11 PM »
Maybe someone who's played Yakuza 4 could help me, but is there a trick to it? Anytime I want to throw a dart, it ends up in completely the wrong place I want it to be. I've tried different strengths in pulling back the analog stick, aiming higher than usual, but I can never get a consistent result. It's a shame because the game plays a lot like Shenmue and I was hoping that the darts could just be a straight up carbon copy from Shenmue 1 and I would be more than content. Instead, that game is a big let down, especially when my ass is getting handed to me even in Beginner difficulty. Guess I'll just spend my time with pool, which looks to have kept the same physics as that from Shenmue 1 :lol:

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - Crazy Kanjou Style