JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toe - After Image

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1004884 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1780 on: January 10, 2012, 01:34:04 AM »
Started playing Dead Island.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1781 on: January 10, 2012, 07:17:52 AM »
just passed campaign for killzone 3  :thumbup

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1782 on: January 10, 2012, 12:17:57 PM »
The demo for Asura's Wrath is available over XBL/PSN.
I know how I'll be spending my relaxation RRRAAAAAAGGEE time this evening  XD

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1783 on: January 11, 2012, 02:05:27 AM »
Beat Skyrim. Not sure what to play next - either continue Saints Row 3, or start Arkham City of Deus Ex.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1784 on: January 11, 2012, 07:52:02 AM »
^Well...

Arkham City - We can swap stories about flying head-first into walls. :banghead:
Deus Ex - We can swap stories about stacking boxes and our cool sunglasses. 8)

Honestly, methinks Arkham City is more fun. :D

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1785 on: January 11, 2012, 01:22:28 PM »
ms. splosion man is pretty fun  :grin:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1786 on: January 11, 2012, 09:27:40 PM »
The demo for Asura's Wrath is out now. And it's....alright? I guess? I'm all in favour of OTT action in my games, DMC and Bayonetta espeically. So to bunch a giant space Buddha or have a sword long enough to penetrate through the Earth sounds great, I love that kind of craziness. But there's just so many QTE's though. Who's to say if the full game will be as loaded with QTE's as seen in the demo but I didn't really feel like there was much of a game at all. More like an interactive anime. Even those rare moments where you are in control seemed way more simplistic than I would like and there's just not enough of it. In fact, seeing as CyberConnect 2 made the game, it essentially feels like a reskinned Naruto game.

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #1787 on: January 12, 2012, 03:20:41 AM »

:lol:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1788 on: January 12, 2012, 12:09:39 PM »
The demo for Asura's Wrath is out now. And it's....alright? I guess? I'm all in favour of OTT action in my games, DMC and Bayonetta espeically. So to bunch a giant space Buddha or have a sword long enough to penetrate through the Earth sounds great, I love that kind of craziness. But there's just so many QTE's though. Who's to say if the full game will be as loaded with QTE's as seen in the demo but I didn't really feel like there was much of a game at all. More like an interactive anime. Even those rare moments where you are in control seemed way more simplistic than I would like and there's just not enough of it. In fact, seeing as CyberConnect 2 made the game, it essentially feels like a reskinned Naruto game.

I played the demo and after reading how dope the demo is and how everyone loves it, I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one feeling underwhelmed by it. I was really hot for this game and was about to pre-order, but after playing the demo I'm not so sure anymore.
Seems the game will have a lot QTE's, I'm not a fan of QTE's but I can live with them, if they're used in the right places, but this was just one long QTE sprinkled cutscene. I would have loved to see some "normal" gameplay instead of two bossbattles.
Since February is already packed with games I want to play, I will push Asura back, wait for some reviews and buy it at a cheaper price later in the year, if it still interests me then.

Talking of failed expectations, a friend who was as eager about AMY as I was, just messaged me telling me to NOT BUY THE GAME if I haven't already! She did and said it's total crap. Good thing I dl the demo first, eventhough I said this was a first day buy for me.
Now I'm really scared to even play the demo, I was so looking forward to this game... my only hope is, that tastes are different and I have a tendency to enjoy medicore to crap games, even if everyone else doesn't XD

Offline arun.yothin

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1789 on: January 13, 2012, 03:20:09 AM »

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1790 on: January 13, 2012, 12:21:49 PM »
:lol: bigger every game.

I had fun with asura's wrath! I played the big finger episode, it seems fun to me!!
at one point I was shouting ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA and having a crazy fun time in the process  :cow:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1791 on: January 14, 2012, 11:34:06 AM »
I AM THE FUCKING LEGION HUNTER!!!!!

Finished Shadows of the Damned on hard, now I'm only missing two achievements, but one would require to replay the game again (did it already 3 times, since the achievements for difficulty don't stack) and the other I tried, but couldn't do it.
Would have loved to make this 100%, maybe I'll pick it up in a year or so and try again.

Also AMY is imho not as bad as reviewers make it sound. Sure the game has its flaws and is no masterpiece and it can be hella frustrating, but I still like it (ok, I'm only on chapter 2, maybe my mood will change XD)
Most people crtisize the bad controls, the trial and error and the absence of a saving system during chapters, so you have to complete a chapter, otherwise you loose all progress in that chapter, when you turn your console off.

For a veteran surival horror player like me, who started out on Ps1 with Silent Hill 1, bad controls are like a part of a good survival horror game. I know a lot of people will disagree, but for me this adds to the feel of helplesness.
So AMY makes me feel nostalgic of the PS1 days XD

I also can live with trial&error, if it doesn't get too much.

But not being able to save during a chapter really is a problem!!!
I really hope the developers find a way to fix this with a patch.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 11:45:43 AM by coachie »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1792 on: January 17, 2012, 02:00:26 AM »
anyone here a gamestop powerup rewards pro member?

GameStop is giving all
PowerUp Rewards Pro™ members a FREE entry, worth $10, into the EA Sports Challenge Series qualifier tournament, featuring Madden NFL 12, FIFA 12 and NHL 12. The top 12 players get a trip to New York City to compete in the live finals event for a chance at $1,000,000 in cash prizes! Register by Wednesday, February 29, to qualify for your shot in the tournament.

i suck at these types of games but was curious if anyone here was entering

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #1793 on: January 17, 2012, 02:24:17 AM »
I'm a member  But I have a complaint about Gamestop.  I wanted to pre-order Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition there, but they told me they stopped taking pre-orders.  However, their website allows pre-orders still.  Why can't the store still do it, the game doesn't release for a month or so.  If you pre-order on the website they stick you with shipping fees, and they don't do a ship to store.  So, I went and pre-ordered from Best Buy.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1794 on: January 17, 2012, 05:55:17 AM »
bought deathspank (lol) for ps3 - at 60% download still (i almost forgot about it and turned off the ps3  :doh: )

think i'll play kill some higs in the meantime

EDIT: lol half the time i was hig  XD
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:45:10 AM by john_hung »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #1795 on: January 17, 2012, 04:12:53 PM »
Going to order the OST of Sonic Generations, 'cause that game is too awesome! <3
And a CD shelf without Sonic OSTs is a boring place.....

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #1796 on: January 18, 2012, 08:00:46 AM »
Anyone else playing/played Saints Row 3?  For some reason, I can't do the wrestling takedowns any more.  When I run towards people and use attack as normal, I push them aside instead.  What the hellllll?

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1797 on: January 18, 2012, 08:48:29 AM »
there's wrestling takedowns  :huhuh i've just been kickin' the shit outta people or shooting them lol (or drive over them  XD )

i might have to play some later too investigate...

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #1798 on: January 18, 2012, 10:54:24 AM »
Anyone else playing/played Saints Row 3?  For some reason, I can't do the wrestling takedowns any more.  When I run towards people and use attack as normal, I push them aside instead.  What the hellllll?
Could be a timing issue...try pressing the attack button a bit sooner. Are you using keyboard/mouse or some kind of gamepad?

Speaking of which, any SR3 players check out the free TF2 heads that were released this week? :lol: Too bad there's no knife weapon in the game; it would be nice to do some Spy backstabs. But hey, you can still be a crazy looking Demoman or Heavy with the weapons that are actually in the game. Hopefully this will mean more freebies will come along the way...I wanna see them bring back mission/cutscene replays, dammit!

Yeah, my take on Saints Row: The Third after a few weeks of playing and nearing the final story mission is that it's a sideways step from the previous game. It does several things better (PC compatibility, driving mechanics, car customization options, crazy/epic presentation, the Insurance Fraud activity is slightly less frustrating) but loses several things that made SR2 so fun (no more clothing layering, no more crib customization, Steelport as a city not as appealing as Stilwater, the aforementioned mission/cutscene replay ability, less melee weapons, lack of fighting style options). A great game that falls just short of being really great, but still definitely worth the time. I plan on starting a new save file once I get a new video card, since I kinda regret some of the mission-ending choices I made--I have two tanks when I could've had satchel charges! :doh:
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1799 on: January 18, 2012, 10:49:21 PM »
I don't know why it is but lately if I should win on competitive multiplayer matches like MW3 or AC:Revelations, not only do I come out on top, but I'm also the one who's been killed the most!

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Toe - After Image