JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - Hinoatarubasyo

Author Topic: Pink Vitriol (AtsuMina - COMPLETED) + Sequel - CHAPTER 4 (3/10/2012)  (Read 105588 times)

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: [AKB48] Don't forget to remember me
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2010, 04:32:02 AM »
Sorry I'm late!
I know I shouldn't put the blame on anything else but myself, but I learned a bad new this week (my uncle died) and I wasn't on the mood to write anything. well, except the short KojiYuu one shot but that was because of school.

Nevertheless, I managed to finish this chapter tonight, even though the majority of you will read it tomorrow. Hope you'll like it. Oh yeah, I know Takamina isn't the kind of girl that would leave a friend this way.... Or at least she would talk with the friend in question before... so I don't know if the reason I found will be enough to be credible, but if not... well sorry XD

THANK FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS!!!  :bow: I'm so happy when I read them!  :bow:

College --> beginning of middle school, sorry about that. Well, I looked for Japanese's education system. It's when you're around 12-15 year old.

Sorry for the mistakes!

Chapter 8

They were waiting. It had been almost five hours. While Miichan, Haruna, Yuko, Tomochin, Tomomi, Sae, Sayaka and Mariko were talking together about the accident, Takamina was left by herself, playing with the mini ribbon as her eyes were looking at nothing. The others had forgotten to be mad at her because of her… break from work. It wasn’t the right time. Takamina couldn’t believe she had been the last one to hear about something so important. She had learned about it because of her friends. They had seen it in Internet by some fast geeks who already knew about it. Miichan had thought Takamina already knew about it, so when the captain had told her she didn’t, she had asked Mariko to tell her. She hadn’t known how to announce it to Takamina.

They didn’t know everything. The only thing they were sure about was that Acchan had had a car accident with her manager. The driver, probably her manager since Acchan couldn’t drive, had lost control of the vehicle and they had had an accident. The car had finished crashing into a tree. From what people from the scene said on Internet, there wasn’t blood everywhere, which was a pretty good new, but both of them were unconscious where the ambulance had arrived.

Takamina had almost had a heart attack when she had arrived since she had run all the way to the hospital without stop. When she had arrived, the others were waiting for her. They asked her how she was going and then, they just stopped talking to her, knowing the little captain would rather being lost in her thought than talk with them. They were right. Takamina hardly talked to anybody about her feelings. Most of the time, they saw her crying, but they never TALKED about it. The captain was just waiting for an answer to come. From what the doctor had told them, Acchan would be alright. But Takamina was paranoid: she would not believe him until she saw it by herself. She needed to make sure Acchan was alright or she wouldn’t be able to do anything until the rest of the week… or even until the rest of the month… or even worst, until the rest of the year.

Miichan and Haruna had asked the doctor about Acchan’s manager too. He said the car had crashed directly on Hiroko’s side. She wasn’t dead… But she wasn’t alive either. Only time would say if she was going to be alright. Takamina still didn’t know how to take the news.

The door suddenly opened and the doctor went to talk with them. Takamina was the first one by his side, but Mariko asked him first:

“Is everything fine?”

Mariko was the older among them… And probably the only one capable to stay calm. Well… calmer than the others at least.

“You can see her for a bit, but not too long. She needs to sleep. She was lucky to be on the other side of the car… She wasn’t hurt too much.”

The members asked a bit more about her condition before they went to see her. Surprisingly, Takamina stayed outside a bit more instead of running to see Acchan and asked the doctor shyly:

“How about the other woman?”

The doctor looked quickly at his papers before he said:

“She was sitting directly where the car hit the tree. She’s not as lucky as Maeda-san. I’m sorry about it. She’s still alive though, but she’s in a deep coma. Her head is badly injured, but we can’t figure out if it changed something to her. We will have to wait until she wakes up.”

Takamina froze at the end of the sentence.

“Will she wake up?”

“We can’t tell for now. I’m sorry about it.”

Takamina thanked the doctor as she finally went in Acchan’s room. She wasn’t THAT anxious about Hiroko, but somehow she just wanted to know if she was going to survive. It was probably a reflex she had. But for now, all she wanted to know about was Acchan. 

She went in the room. All the others were there. Acchan was lying on her bed. She had a bandage around her head, she had one in her cheek too and it seemed that she also had a broken arm, but at least, she was smiling to them. She wasn’t totally aware of what had happened, but she understood about the car accident. She seemed to be glad to be able to see her old friends, even if it wasn’t the ideal meeting situation.

As Takamina approached the bed, the others members let her getting closer to Acchan. The two Tomomi were whispering things Takamina couldn’t hear, but it didn’t matter. There was no word to describe how relieve she was to see Acchan was fine. And her friend seemed as happy to see her too because her eyes suddenly began to shine even more from happiness. As usual… Takamina began to cry as she hardly hugged Acchan (remember she had a broken arm).

“Hey if you two want to be alone, we’ll leave.” Tomomi said.

“I’m glad you have nothing!” Takamina said, ignoring what Tomomi said.

She sobbed a little as Acchan said with a mini smile:

“I don’t have “nothing”! I’m hurt!”     

“You know what I mean!”

“No, I don’t!”

“Sure, you do!”

“No!”

Knowing what was going to follow, Miichan said:

“Takamina, if you answer “yes”, I’ll kick you out of here.”

“Hey, why me?!” The captain asked.

“Do you really want to know?” Miichan smirked.

Takamina totally ignored Miichan as she turned to Acchan and said:

“Yes, you know!”

“Geez, you two looked so gay.” Mariko sighed.

Takamina pouted. She had never been great when it came to feelings, so the only way she had to show someone she was glad was to… release tension. Not in a crazy way like Yuko, but she just needed to joke now. She’d rather smile than cry. Fortunately for her, Acchan knew this side of her personality and did nothing else. They just kept smiling at each other as Yuko asked:

“Are you sure you’re alright? How come you were with your manager? Don’t you have a week off?”

“I’m alright.” Acchan nodded. “The doctor said I will only have to stay here for a day. If everything is still fine, I’ll be able to come back home.”

“I’ve never thought the next time we would see you again would be in this kind of situation… But it’s nice to talk to you again. We missed you a lot, but we heard about you. It’s great to see how far you seem from us now.” Sae said.

“Well, I guess… But I’m not that far from you! I’m still the same Atsuko Maeda!”

“Don’t be so modest.” Sayaka pointed. “You’re the most famous actress and idol of all Japan. We’re proud of you.”

“That’s right! The best of all Japan!” Miichan added. “I guess your manager must be proud of you too! She must be popular herself.”

Acchan just smiled and didn’t answer anything. Her friends just needed to believe that everything was fine. It would be useless to talk about Hiroko with them. Speaking of her…

“Is my manager alright?” Acchan asked. “The doctor didn’t tell me anything. He said I need to stay calm so he didn’t want me to know anything.”

Her friends stared at her without saying anything. Since they didn’t know what Hiroko had done to Acchan, they thought the actress liked her manager a lot and didn’t want her to be sad. 

“Well…” Yuko hesitated. “She’s not as fine as you are.”

Acchan’s smiled vanished as she asked:

“What do you mean?”

Mariko felt Yuko encouraging her to speak. Looked like she was the one designed to tell the bad news to everyone. Maybe it was because she was the older… Acchan would never be mad at the great Mariko-sama.

“She’s in coma. The car was hit exactly where she was… So she was hurt badly.”

“I see…”

Acchan couldn’t help but being anxious about her. Even after all those horrible things she had done to her, Acchan couldn’t wish her death. She needed her for work… And before all the things related to AKB48, she was fine. Without her, Acchan felt she would have nothing left. She looked at Takamina and saw the same anxious look on her face... but no as much as she was. But as soon as Takamina saw Acchan looking at her, that look disappeared and she smiled to her. Feeling some tension, Haruna said:

“Well, since you will probably leave hospital tonight… Why don’t we all go somewhere tomorrow? We have some days off too.”

The others smiled. It could be a great idea.

“Bad idea.” Captain Takamina said with her serious voice. “She needs calm. She needs to relax!”

“But we will take care of her! And I’m sure she’d rather be with us than alone!” Miichan said.

“But…”

“It’s alright, Takamina. Miichan’s right.”

Acchan said as she nodded, even though she was a little disappointed. It wasn’t that she didn’t like them… it was just that she had planned to pass some time alone with Takamina… But seeing the others too couldn’t be bad. She probably had to realize that she missed other people than Takamina… She still had to realize it. It may seem stupid, but the only person she missed now was Takamina… Nobody else.

“How about we go to Ueno zoo?” Yuko asked. “Could be funny. It’s been a long time since we went there.”

They all nodded. It had been a very long time and they needed to laugh a little. Seeing some crazy monkeys would help.

“We’ll meet at twelve then.” Sae said.

They talked a bit more about how the group was doing, how Paris had been and how Acchan was doing a great job in her career.

“We saw the latest episode of your drama. Will your character listen to her best friend and leave this poor guy? He’s so nice with you!” Tomochin said. “I can’t believe your best friend can be so selfish! He’s THE guy for her!”

“I can’t tell you exactly what’s gonna happen, but… this guy won’t be alone for long.” Acchan smirked. “And weren’t you selfish too when a fan was too close to Tomomi?”

“That’s so true! See, I’m not the only one that said that!” Miichan said to Tomochin.

“Hey, we were talking about your drama!” Tomochin said as she slightly blushed.

Even though they didn’t talk about the “Tomochin being jealous” case, Yuko saw Tomomi secretly held Tomochin’s hand. She said it to Miichan who smirked and whispered it to Haruna… who told Sae… and Sayaka… and Takamina… and finally Acchan. They were all smiling at the duo who didn’t know what to say.

“I think we’ll go…” Tomochin said with a shy voice.

And both of them fled outside of the room as they were saying “good luck” to Acchan. Everyone laughed when they saw how shy the two Tomo were.

“Really, those two will always make me laugh.” Acchan said as she was trying to calm down. “They didn’t change at all.”

Yuko, who really liked talking about stuff like that, decided to make fun of a certain someone and said:

“Oh, well, nobody really changed since your graduation… except Takamina, of course.”

“It’s so obvious!” Haruna said as she saw Yuko making a sign to her.

She decided to play the game too.

Miichan, Sae and Sayaka just nodded exaggeratedly as Takamina became slightly red. Mariko just smiled a little.

“Hey!” The shy captain said. “It’s not true!”

“Hey, Acchan,” Miichan said, ignoring Takamina, “do you know that Takamina sleeps the morning now? It’s incredible, isn’t it?”

“She even looks at your blog everyday!” Haruna added.

“She talks about you all the time!” Sae pointed.

“She…”

“Shut up, you guys!” Takamina said, interrupting Sayaka.

She was redder than ever as she shyly said:

“It’s not what you think…”

Acchan just laughed a little before she answered:

“Don’t worry about it… To be honest… I kinda did the same.”

Everybody smirked as Yuko muttered:

“Why don’t we leave them alone? It’s obvious they want us to leave.”

“See? Told you they looked gay.” Mariko said.

“Don’t say that, Yuko. “Acchan pointed. “I’m glad to see everyone. I’m sorry about this… ”

“It’s not your fault…” Haruna answered. “I hope your manager will be fine too. She looked… well… not really great. What were you doing to have such a big accident?”

Why did the conversation always need to come back to her manager?! Didn’t her friends see she didn’t want to talk a lot about it?!

“Just talking…” Acchan sighed. “I guess it’s just a very bad luck.”

There was no way she was ever going to tell them what they were talking about. The only person she had to tell this was Takamina. No one else needed to know about it. Like they had read in her mind, Yuko and Haruna suddenly said at the same time:

“We’ll have to go now… We’ll talk to you later! Take care of you until tomorrow Acchan!”

Yuko had a huge smiled on her face as she turned to Haruna and said:

“We said the same thing at the same time! We’re meant to be together! Can I have a reward now? It’s so…”

Haruna sighed and left the room, without paying attention to Yuko’s words.

“Oh right,” Miichan said, “a French fan gave me that for you. He made a video of all the great moments when you were with AKB48. Usually, we are not allowed to accept videos… But you know, since it’s you and everything… I think Akimoto-san couldn’t refuse. But he listened to it before, just to be sure everything was fine. The fan said that even if you probably had one similar, he made it himself and would be happy if you take a look.”

“Thank… I’d never thought someone would do something like this after a year… And it’s from overseas!”

Acchan seemed really glad about it. Knowing she still had fans that supported her even after her sudden graduation helped her to gain self confidence.

“If you knew how many questions we got about you…” Sayaka sighed. “It’s like they wanted to know more about you than us!”

Sayaka wasn’t mad about it. It was great the fans hadn’t forgotten Acchan.

“Oh my god, I so need to tell you something a fan told me about you!” Sae said with an excited voice.

They talked about her and how French fans seemed to care about her for a while. Soon after, Sae and Sayaka decided to leave them alone too. They were glad Acchan was better, but they knew the doctor didn’t want them to stay a long time and wanted Acchan to have time with Takamina in private… Of course, it wasn’t what they told them, but this was the secret reason. As they were leaving, Miichan suddenly followed them.

“There’s no way you’ll leave me alone with them. I’d be useless.” She said to them, ignoring the angry look Takamina was sending to her. “See you tomorrow!”

“What about me?!” Mariko asked as she followed her. “I can’t stay with them either! I’m not gay!”

Takamina and Acchan were left alone as they heard Mariko laughing. The little captain was still a little shy about what had happened before, but it seemed that Acchan had already forgotten about it. Or maybe she thought it wasn’t that important. She had missed Takamina a lot, so she knew Takamina must have missed her too. She lay down on her bed and sighed slightly.

“I’m tired…” She whispered. “I’m glad I’m alive.”

Acchan had said the last part so seriously that it surprised Takamina. Had her friend really thought she was going to die? Of course… Takamina felt stupid. She didn’t know anything about the accident. She couldn’t know how Acchan had felt in the car. She must have been terrified. She must have feared for her life. Anybody would.

“I’m glad about it too.” Takamina said. “I was so worried… I don’t know what I would have done if you…”

Acchan sighed.

“When I saw that tree… I didn’t have time to think about anything…”

She stopped as she began to shake. She was still afraid of it. Takamina waited, knowing her friend needed time.

“I… when I saw the tree… It went black a second later… But still… It made my heart beat so fast I thought I would die only because of it…”

She breathed, sobbing a little.

“I was afraid of dying…”

Takamina smiled slowly at her, trying to reassure her.

“See the sun?” She whispered softly. “It’s real. The clouds too… the bed, the bedroom, your wounds, me, everything is real. You’re still here. You don’t need to be afraid anymore.”

“And the sound it made…” Acchan kept saying, ignoring Takamina, “it was awful… It sounded like a monster… And the collision… And Hiroko suddenly stopped moving… And…”

“Shh, don’t think about it… Don’t think about what might have happened if…”

She didn’t finish her phrase. She didn’t want to think about it. She had never really thought about death… She had never thought of the possibility that one of her friends could die… They were so young… She was glad Acchan had nothing. Once, she had heard about an accident… And if the victim wasn’t dead, she would have to eat by intravenous injection ten hours per days for the rest of her life because her stomach had been badly hurt. If ever the same thing had happened to her friend… Acchan smiled a little.

“I was afraid… I thought I was going to die… But looks like I won’t leave you alone so easily…” She yawned.

Takamina knew her friend was about to sleep. She slowly held her hand as she asked softly:

“Do you want me to leave?”

“Did the doctor ask you to?”

“No…”

Acchan squeezed Takamina’s hand.

“Then, stay here.”

Acchan wanted to feel Takamina’s presence so she could relax a little. She felt great with her by her side. She wanted to talk about anything nice and didn’t want to bring a serious subject since she really wanted to sleep, but at the same time, she couldn’t wait to know more about what Hiroko had told her. She needed to know… Because she wouldn’t be able to look at Takamina the same way as before until she knew more.

“Hey…” Acchan began as she closed her eyes.

She was smiling slightly even if she saw nothing. Having Takamina by her side, even with a serious subject, helped her to feel good.

“My manager…Will she be fine?” She added as she opened her eyes and looked straight at Takamina.

“Well… We don’t know yet.” Takamina answered with an unsure voice.

“I hope she’ll be… I still need her to tell me something important.”

Acchan knew Takamina didn’t know that Hiroko had told her about her past, but she wanted her friend to tell her the rest of the story. What could have happened to them? How could the nice Takamina she knew now… being once cruel and heartless with a friends… almost sister!

“What?” Takamina asked with a gentle voice, trying to be nice with Acchan.

“About you…” Acchan said seriously.

Takamina frowned.

“Me?”

Acchan looked away.

“You were friends, weren’t you?”

“She told you?”

Both of them were avoiding the other’s eyes.

“She told me you left her…” Acchan slowly said. “She told me it was because… she told you she missed you when you were with AKB48.”

“Oh.”

There was moment of silence before Acchan continued:

“She told me… She missed you because you didn’t share enough time together…”

“She missed me…” Takamina repeated.

“She said she told you that she missed you… and that you ran away that day.”

“I ran away…” Takamina said with an absent voice.

Even if she was still holding Acchan’s hand, Acchan could tell she was absent. She was looking at nothing, probably trying to remember that event.

“Is it true? I don’t think you could do that to someone but… it seemed so real…” Acchan asked with a shy voice. “I know you wouldn’t be so… bad… with someone. Especially if you two were close. I mean… I know it’s part of the past now.”

She didn’t want to have doubt about her friend. She knew she could trust her and that she would never leave someone like this, but the painful look Hiroko had this time couldn’t be fake… Takamina had really left her. Acchan could feel it, even she tried her best to deny it.

“Was it all she told you?” Takamina whispered.

Acchan knew Takamina must have a great reason to have done something so… cruel. And she wanted to know about it… Even if the doctor had told her she must stay calm, she wanted to hear what had happened from Takamina herself. But her heart was beating so fast… It wasn’t the best time to be sick again but…

“Yes…” Acchan answered, wondering if it was false.

Takamina looked at her friend, unsure of what to say. What had happened wasn’t that bad… It was just that she didn’t like to think about it.

“I know what you are talking about. She didn’t tell you everything…” Takamina managed to answer with a sad voice. “I did leave her when she told me she missed me… But…”

Takamina looked away again. Acchan knew this side of her. Takamina would tell her everything, as long as they didn’t have an eye contact. That was the only condition. So Acchan released her hand and let her go to look through the windows. As soon as Takamina was “far” from Acchan’s bed and had her eyes looking elsewhere, she started to talk.

“I think it was a few months before her mother’s death. Of course we couldn’t know about this accident… What happened… She did tell me she missed me that day…”

The actress stared at her friend for a moment. Takamina was looking outside, her hair falling down on her shoulders. She had that half serious and half sad look Acchan knew when she was going to tell her something important. And with the bright light of the sun falling down on her, she just looked beautiful. Acchan closed her eyes, breathed slightly and listened to her friend.

Flash Back

“Sorry, I’m late!”

Takamina had promised to Hiroko she would meet her today. She had one of her rare hour off and she knew Hiroko missed her a lot, so she decided it would be nice to talk with her a little. She was late because her practice had been longer than she expected. It was the beginning of AKB48 so it was normal they had a lot of practice. She did her best to arrive as fast as possible, but she was still late.

“Don’t worry, let’s go!” Hiroko answered with a big smile.

Takamina smiled too. She was glad Hiroko was still her friend, even though they were rarely talking to each other. She was grateful to Hiroko to understand how important it was to her. The way her friend looked at her made her feel like if nothing had changed in her life. She was still the little child… except that she had a new boyish personality. Ijime had changed her… But her relationship had never changed and it was great. Takamina felt she still had a part of her old life in her heart. She was herself. She would never let someone else talked to her the way the others had… She was able to protect herself. She felt… strong.

They were heading toward a park they used to go when they were young. Later, they would probably go eat together, but for now, they just wanted to come back there. It was the place where Takamina and Hiroko talked about secrets things, such as ijime for Takamina and Sayuri Okamoto’s popularity for Hiroko. It was the place where they shared everything, joys and tears. As they arrived, they were already talking about everything that had happened during the last few months. They had so many things to say that they both didn’t really know how to begin.

But finally, they were talking about Hiroko’s mother when they reached their place. It was a place in the park surrounded by trees. In the middle of them, there was a bench, hidden too. It was an old one, probably forgotten by everyone, but strong enough to support their weight. They sat there, knowing nobody would ever come and disturb them.

“So yeah, she told me we would go to New York next year! I can’t wait! We’ll finally have some time only the two of us!”

“New York?” Takamina exclaimed. “You’re so lucky! I think I’ll never leave Japan!”

“You never know.” Hiroko pointed. “Maybe when your new group… How it’s called already? ABK48?”

“AKB48. It’s for Akihabara48. Oh and by the way, the nickname you gave to me, I decided it will be the one I’ll use as a member of the group! From now on, I’ll always be Takamina! So each time a fan will talk to me, I’ll remember you!”

“It’s great! I’m glad you chose it! Ah, and sorry for the name of the group… I always forget.” Hiroko apologized. “Yes, maybe when you’ll be more popular, you’ll get the chance to go overseas!”

“And maybe you’ll remember the name of the group too.”

Hiroko apologized again as Takamina sighed.

“How do you want us to have overseas fans? We are in a theatre in Akihabara… I mean how could some people from New York even know about us? They wouldn’t even understand us.”

“Well… You listen to some English songs, right? It’s probably the same.”

“English is worldwide… Japanese isn’t.”

“Never underestimate the power of the web.” Hiroko laughed as she saw Takamina so sad. “My mom too used to think that, but now she receives letter from everywhere. I think some teams exist and they do translations of her dramas.”

“No way! You mean, maybe it could happen to us?! Even if we’re Japanese?! It’d be fantastic! Can you even imagine some fans doing their best to translate our songs? It sounds so great!”

For the victim Takamina had been when she was young, being known overseas was something impossible. It sounded like an unreachable dream.

“I’ll bring you some souvenirs.” Hiroko smiled, happy to see her friend looked better. “When it’ll be your turn to go there, bring me some too.”

“Yes!” Takamina promised. “I’ll bring you some even if we just go elsewhere in Japan. But New York… It seemed so far from here… I mean… Even just China seemed so far, so I can’t even think of going to America!”

They both continued to talk about overseas for a while. Takamina had never left Japan, so thinking about going to New York was… magic.

“Hiroko, tell me… how much time will you stay there?”

“My mom told me she’s trying to have a month or two off, so we could have time to visit everything…”

“That’s long! How are we going to talk to each other?”

Hiroko sighed.

“Why do you mind? It’s already almost like that with your new job.”

“You know what I mean!”

“Of course,” Hiroko sighed even louder, “but you know what I mean too. It’s been a long time since we talked together like this and it’s only the beginning. I can’t imagine how it will be when the group will gain popularity… You’ll never have time to see me. So you’ll probably don’t remember I’m gone when I’ll go to New York.”

“Don’t say that…”

“I know I must be egoist… But really, I wish your group will never gain popularity… so we can still share times together. I’m sorry, I know this is your dream… I’m selfish by saying that… But I don’t want to lie to you…”

Takamina looked sadly at her before she shyly smiled.

“I’ll always have time for you. Even if I become the best of all Japan… Even if my dream came true! Remember, we’re best friends. If I didn’t have time to share with my best friend, then I’d be stupid.”

“Really?”

Takamina was about to add something as Hiroko said with an ironic voice:

“Oh, wait a minute, aren’t you stupid already?”

“Hey!” Takamina said as she pretended to pout. “I’m not stupid!”

“You fail all the time.” Hiroko smiled.

“That’s not true! People don’t like my jokes, that’s all…”

“Your stories are lame.” Hiroko joked.

“Then why are you laughing all the time at them?” Takamina smirked.

“For… nothing?”

They both ended up laughing together. After a minute, Hiroko avoided her eyes for a moment. The main reason why she wanted to see Takamina was exactly because of it. She missed seeing her like this. She missed talking and laughing with her. She was… jealous of her new group, even if she knew it was really selfish from her. She was Takamina’s friend… She was supposed to support her… But… after seven years of strong friendship, she couldn’t just suddenly stop to see her like this.

“You know… It’d be great if we could be together more than once a month.” She said.

Hiroko wasn’t as shy as Takamina, but… There was something she needed to tell her… and that “something” was hard to say.

“I’m sorry.” Takamina answered. “I’ll be careful. I missed you too, you know. But… I don’t have choice.”

“I know, don’t worry about it.”

Even if her friend was still shorter and younger than her, Hiroko felt she was walking far in front of her and that even if she ran, she couldn’t reach her. While Takamina thought that going to New York was unreachable, Hiroko thought it was Takamina. She was unreachable. She was far… she was already somewhere else. In another word than hers. Takamina patted her back as she said:

“I’ll always be your friend. As a friend, I’ll always find some times for you.”

She had said the last part with a huge smile. She really tried to comfort Hiroko because she felt the same. But if she wanted to become a singer, it was the kind of sacrifice she had to do, even if it was painful. Her dream would come true for sure… She couldn’t let it go. She couldn’t live without singing.

“Hey Takamina… You know it’s been seven years since we know each other.”

Hiroko’s voice was hesitant, but Takamina didn’t seem to hear it.

“Yeah! It’s incredible, isn’t it?! I can’t believe it even now… We should celebrate it!”

“You know…” Hiroko said as her eyes stared at Takamina, “during seven years… we’ve been closer and closer.”

“I know! And I still can’t believe the first time I met you, the only thing I had in my mind was a strawberry cake… How selfish I was… But it was great, because of this I didn’t get mad at you so we became friends. Though you scared me, you know! Coming to see me like this… I’ve never seen you and suddenly you came to talk to me and became my friend!”

Takamina was laughing by herself, unaware of the sad look Hiroko sent to her.

“You know… After seven years… Feelings changed.” Hiroko slowly said.

“Yeah! I can’t believe how much our friendship has grown!”

“No… I don’t think you understand.” Hiroko said, confused as how her friends was acting. She was acting like… there was nothing. She didn’t understand… “What I mean is that… After seven years… Our friendship… to me, it’s not just a normal friendship.”

Takamina looked at her with a “eh?” look. She didn’t understand at all. Their friendship wasn’t normal? Right, they were really close to each other, but it was still a friendship… There weren’t thousand kinds of friendship, right?

“What I mean is that… I don’t only see you as a…normal friend.”

Takamina sighed. Really, how was she supposed to understand something? It wasn’t clear… In fact… it was even more difficult to get. Takamina felt some tension. She didn’t like tension AT ALL. She felt something in the air was different… The feeling she had when they had arrived here… had changed. She was anxious… She needed to make the uncomfortable pressure disappear.

“What do you mean by normal? I’m not popular enough yet!” She laughed. “Wait until it happens and then, you will be able to say: Hey, I know her! We’re best friends! And then people will be jealous of you… Okay, I’m getting pretentious now, sorry. But I’ll reach my dream for sure…”

Hiroko didn’t point out that she could already do that since her mother was the most popular actress in Japan. She had something serious to say.

“Takamina… I mean… After so long time…” Hiroko tried to say with a painful voice. “I like you a lot and… now… After all those years… I kinda feel different about you. I mean, you know, more than a friend would usually like another friend.”

It took a few more seconds for Takamina to really understand what Hiroko meant. Then, she frowned. She suddenly stopped breathing for a minute, wondering if she had heard the wrong thing. Then, her eyes went wide open as she hardly asked:

“You mean… not like a friend?”

Hiroko whispered something that Takamina didn’t understand.

“M… more than a friend?” The younger girl asked, scared of knowing the answer.

Hiroko looked away as she nodded slightly. Takamina stared at her for a minute, speechless. She didn’t understand how things had gone so far. They were having fun a minute ago, right?! How did Hiroko suddenly… Wait a minute… what was she supposed to answer to that?! It was clearly a confession! The only thing she could do now was…

“I forgot I had something to do now for the group. I… I have to go.” She whispered.

She stood up, but at the same time, Hiroko grabbed her arm.

“Forget about it. Let’s keep talking.”

Hiroko’s voice was happier, trying to hide her fear of rejection. Takamina was looking at the ground.

“Hey!” Hiroko smiled as she shook her slightly, “Forget about it, right? It was stupid from me.”

Takamina shook her head, not answering.

“Say… Say something!” Hiroko said faster. “I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have said that. Let’s just do like if there was nothing.”

“I’m… protecting you from the pain right now…”

“Eh?”

“I need to go somewhere… I need to leave now… Because if I don’t… you’ll suffer when you’ll look at me.”

Takamina’s voice lost in the wind.

“I won’t suffer.” Hiroko’s voice was supplying Takamina to stay.

“Don’t lie to yourself. You know I can’t… I will… I’m…”

Takamina avoided Hiroko’s eyes who were trying to stare at her.

“I’m sorry! I swear… I will forget about it, okay? It was stupid! Just stay here, I won’t talk about it anymore.”

Hiroko was slowly realizing that she had just destroyed their relationship with her “confession”. Everything was gone in a second.

“Listen Hiroko…” Takamina finally managed to say clearly to her. “I… You… We can’t… We are… Don’t hide your pain, okay? Don’t hide it.”

Hiroko saw their friendship slowly loosing more pieces as she said with a panicked voice:

“I didn’t mean to! I swear! I don’t know why I said it… Please, forget about it.”

But Takamina wasn’t dumb. Even if she was younger, she knew exactly what Hiroko had meant. She understood everything she had meant. So she looked at her in the eyes and said:

“Tell me… What are you thinking about now?”

“What?”

“You want me to stay… but don’t lie to me…”

Hiroko sighed, beginning to realize maybe it was too late to avoid it. She knew Takamina didn’t think the same way others 14 year old girls thought. It was useless to lie to her.

“What do you want me to do?! To let you go?! Do you know how much I want to ask you to give me a chance… to give us a chance?! Do you know how much I want you to stay here, how much I want you to leave your group… how much I can’t say because I’m afraid of ruining our friendship? I want to ask you to give it a try… to… to give us a chance before judging it… I mean… It can’t be that bad, right? I know, I’m stupid… Tell me, we’re still friends, right? Maybe… we could just… wait?”

Takamina frowned sadly… Their friendship had already changed. It wasn’t the same now… It would never be the same now. Hiroko slowly said:

“Do you know how much I changed during those years… You helped me so much… I want to support you and your dream, but I can’t! Now… every time… Do you know how much I want you to stay with me… It’s painful… If I wasn’t holding myself, I would have kissed you by now!”

Realizing what she had just said, Hiroko apologized, hoping it wasn’t too late… but it was.

“What… What are you saying so suddenly…” Takamina whispered with a scared voice as she walked away from Hiroko.

“Wait!” Hiroko screamed.

“I’m sorry, I need to go.”

And she started to run.

End of Flash Back

Acchan suddenly opened her eyes and saw Takamina standing by her side, looking sad.

“She confessed to you?!” She managed to say with a surprised voice.

Takamina nodded.

“Really? I thought you were just friends! She told me she only told you that she missed you. She never told me about… the rest.”

“She lied to you, of course… How could she tell you something like this.”

Acchan frowned.

“I really thought you were only friends!”

“That’s what I thought too! That we were just friends!” Takamina sighed. “I mean, I’ve never seen her that way, so what did you want me to do anyways? To me, she was nothing more than a friend.”

Acchan’s body tensed at those words.

“Nothing more than a friend?” she asked.

Takamina nodded.

“Nothing more. We were friends, that’s all! I’ve never thought she would suddenly tell me she loved me! Hey, I was fourteen, remember?! I was just being accepted in an idol group… There were 23 others girls in the group! It’s scaring when your best friend suddenly confessed to you while you’re in an entire idol group… and that you’re surrounded by girls!”

“That’s why you left her after that?”

Takamina had a regret look on her face as she said:

“I didn’t know what else to do. I didn’t like her that way. How could I ever look at her now? It was just… awkward… I was afraid too… I didn’t know how to react…so I decided to stop talking to her.”

“Even after what happened to her mother?”

The strong captain looked even sadder.

“I had to work and… I… I didn’t want her to have some crazy ideas. I know it sounded cruel but… I mean, what would you do if your best friend suddenly confessed to you?! You know, if I had talked to her again, I would have wanted to make her happy exactly because of what had happened to her mother… but being nice with her… isn’t it telling lies to her?”

Takamina looked like she really regretted it. She knew what she had done was cruel from her, but it was a problem she couldn’t have confronted before. She knew it wasn’t that horrible… But she had not have enough strong back to that time.

“What would you have done?” Takamina repeated with a sad voice. “What would you have done if somebody you saw only as a friend suddenly came and confessed? I was fourteen, she was seventeen, we were perfect, normal friends! And for God sake, we were two girls! I mean, isn’t it a great reason enough to avoid her?! I mean… I’m not gay, right? I’m not! Whatever Mariko may say… You know… I’m not gay! I didn’t even think something like this could happen to me!”

Acchan froze. Takamina was right… But she was hurt. Knowing that Takamina had once rejected her best friend because of a confession didn’t help her to feel good since… She had maybe/perhaps/probably planned to do the same one day. That situation was really similar. Acchan didn’t know exactly how she felt for Takamina, but she knew… she somehow loved her. And now… she knew she could never tell her this. She would probably be rejected like Hiroko had been before. Takamina probably didn’t like her the same way and since they were best friends too… And she wasn’t gay… not that Acchan was, but… Damn, she was confused about it!

“I guess you’re right…” Acchan whispered.

Takamina looked at her.

“I’m sorry she’s your manager, Acchan. I guess I shouldn’t have told you that…”

“Don’t worry, it’s alright. And really, you must have had no choice.”

The captain sighed.

“I guess so… I’m glad you understand my position… I mean really… What would someone do if it happened? Isn’t it… crazy? I wanted to explain myself… But… I was even scarier than with the ijime thing.”

“Right…”

Acchan was looking at Takamina and, without really knowing why, her heart hurt a lot. She pretended to fall asleep.

“I… I’ll leave you alone.” Takamina softly said.

“Sorry about all this…” Acchan whispered, like a little child apologizing to her mother.

“It’s not your fault. At least, it’s not too worst.”

She stopped for a minute, smiling sadly at her as she regretted everything she had said about Hiroko.

“Don’t die yet, Acchan. I still… We still need you. And we’ll have a nice day tomorrow, remember.” She added.

Acchan smiled.

“I’ll see you tomorrow then.”

Takamina smiled nicely to her too as she left.

“Sleep well!”

Takamina stayed in the hallway for a moment, holding her head. She didn’t want to remember this moment… She didn’t want to feel so guilty… She started walking towards the exit. As she passed in front of Hiroko’s bedroom, she turned her head in the opposite direction and walked faster.

As soon as the door was closed, Acchan was looking at the sky, wondering why her heart hurt so much. Takamina had rejected her best friend because of a confession from her… She had also clearly said she thought it was weird for two girls to be together. She had clearly said she didn’t like girls… Acchan was afraid the same thing might happen to them if she ever did the same. Even if she wasn’t sure of her feelings yet, she knew a part of it wasn’t only friendship. And she was afraid of rejection… A lot… she was scared of it because she knew Takamina had put an end to a seven years old friendship because of it. Takamina and she were friends for almost six years… How could she ever hope not to be rejected if she told her she might like her more…? Of course, Takamina was older now… but still… Acchan couldn’t help but remember the question Takamina had asked before. “What would she do if it happened”… She wondered… If Takamina ever confessed to her… she could probably be the happiest person in the world. But she knew it would never happen. And she also knew that… now that she knew Takamina and Hiroko’s story, she must NOT tell Takamina she might love her... because she didn’t want to loose her.

TBC

ENDNOTE: I'll do my best to post soon, but I can't promise anything coz the exams are coming...

ENDNOTE2 (and EDIT): OMG it's the fourth page already! THANK YOU ALL!  :bow:

ENDNOTE3: What will happen with Acchan now  :?

Offline aoi_sora

• Member+
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2010, 10:40:10 AM »
update!!!!!!
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
i feel bad for acchan! :cry:
i knew it.....  that girl is in love with takamina!
anyways...
looking forward to the next chapter in the zoo...
might be fun!
thanks for the update!!!
 :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline shahi

• Member+
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2010, 12:17:07 PM »
after all I think if acchan would confess her feelings for takami,takami would accept them.I hope for this in the future  :heart:

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2010, 02:45:41 PM »
 :O
Now I feel bad for Hiroko.
Now how will Acchan deal with this I wonder.
What will happen in the Zoo?!  :D

This chapter sure...brings certain guilt memories on my part. I can so relate to Takamina here.  Oh and my condolences to you on losing your uncle. :(

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2010, 04:56:02 PM »
^ Sorry about that

Hello everyone! I'm back with lot of work so it's a miracle I'm able to post today! Though I don't like how I wrote some part of this chapter since it's not exactly how I wanted them to be >_< But it's almost an hour wasted in front of my computer, trying to find how to say some things and I think I lost enough time like this XD I should improve my English vocabulary someday XD

THANKS FOR EVERYTHING AGAIN!  :bow:

Well, I have nothing more to say today, so here's the chapter!
Sorry for the mistakes

Chapter 9

Takamina breathed slightly as she wondered if it was really a great idea to come to the zoo today. She was worried about Acchan. What if her friend wasn’t strong enough to come here today?! She knew the accident hadn’t been that bad, but knowing Acchan, she knew she must probably just want to sleep. But looking at her, she could see she was happy. She was laughing, probably as much as when Takamina had visited her when she had come back sooner from France. She stared at her for a moment. Acchan was talking to a sleeping lion, telling him to wake up. From Acchan’s point of view, it seemed like an old lion Takamina and she had seen when they had come here two years ago. She was funny to watch. Acchan turned her head and saw Takamina looking at her. She smiled joyfully at her, stars shinning in her eyes. The small girl smiled back.

They had just arrived to the zoo. Others were here too. Haruna and Miichan were taking funny pictures with Tomochin and Tomomi while Yuko was updating her blog. A bit apart were Sae and Sayaka, talking happily together. They were looking at the monkeys just at the right side. They had already seen the lions and… didn’t want to wait the others. They were fine just the way they were, the two of them together, even though they liked to see Acchan. Mariko hadn’t come finally, saying she wanted to see her family because she knew it was the moment she could go and talk with them.

As the big lion finally woke up, Acchan said with an excited voice:

“Look! He’s awake! Let’s take a picture!”

Without letting Takamina answering anything, she grabbed her arm and took a picture with the lion as background. Then, she totally ignored her friend and began to write something for her blog. The captain smiled a little. Acchan seemed so happy, it was hard to believe she was still hurt. If it wasn’t for her broken arm, she would probably have already forgotten about it. But… somehow… behind this happiness… Takamina didn’t know why but she felt Acchan hid something. She just couldn’t find what exactly it could be.

“Hey look! This is so cute!”

“I look so weird!” Takamina laughed as she saw the picture.

“Don’t worry, it’s alright. It’s when you look normal that it’s weird.”

The captain pretended to be mad as she heard Acchan’s answer. Tomochin smirked as she looked at them. They looked so happy together. It was hard to believe they had not seen each other for almost a year before… It looked like the distance hadn’t affected their friendship at all. They were still close to each other… But as she stared at them better, it seemed that Acchan looked… nervous. Sure, she was acting as usual. But her movements were slow, her smile was hesitant and her voice had a nervous ton. Tomochin just shook her head, knowing she must have imagined everything as Takamina joined Yuko, who had finished writing, Sae and Sayaka with the monkeys. The others were still playing together. They were such big kids.

“Don’t leave Acchan alone.” She heard Miichan whispered as she passed by.

Takamina sighed. It wasn’t because she had missed Acchan a lot that her friends needed to joke about it. Acchan didn’t need her to be always by her side or she would think she was a stalker! And she needed some air too! Acchan looked happy the way she was.

“I like this one!” Takamina said as she pointed a brown and white monkey. “He’s so nice! Look, he plays with the younger! They’re so funny!”

“Which one are you talking about?!” Sayaka asked.

All monkeys were brown and white. And they were a lot, so she couldn’t see which was playing with which.

“This one! Isn’t he cool? Look, he grabbed a banana! I love bananas too!” She said to the monkey who totally ignored her.

Sae and Sayaka sighed at the same time. They both remembered the “beautiful” banana sweater… They really liked Takamina, but she needed to be clearer than that. There were still ten monkeys with bananas!

“Are you alright, Yuko?” Takamina asked as she finally left her favourite monkey alone.

She was right to ask because Yuko looked a bit sad, even though she smiled to her.

“I wished me and Nyan Nyan could visit the zoo alone…”

Takamina smiled a bit.

“Don’t worry, she won’t leave you alone that easily. Just have fun.”

Yuko sighed and answered:

“Yeah, but it’s not the same…”

Suddenly, she jumped happily to Haruna and began to hug her.

“Come with me Nyan Nyan! We’ll have fun today!”

The old Yuko was back. She always did that kind of thing, so Takamina didn’t really care about it for long. Plus… where was her monkey?

“Hey, he disappeared!” She pointed sadly as Acchan was coming near her with Miichan.

“Who?” Miichan asked.

“My monkey!”

“Who?!” Acchan repeated.

“The one with bananas!”

“Leave her alone, she’s trying to get your attention.” Miichan said to Acchan as she walked toward the reptile zone.

Takamina pouted as she followed the two others. Really, why did she always have to be hurt whatever they did! Was it only when she was alone with Acchan that she could say what she wanted without fearing that kind of comments?! If so, she wouldn’t mind being alone with Acchan forever. Miichan had a bad influence on Acchan.

“Now you know how I felt.” Yuko quickly said to her as she passed with Haruna.

Takamina sighed. She stared at the two Tomo… It didn’t seem that they were going to join them soon. As Acchan saw where they were heading to, she froze.

“There is NO way I’m going there!” She said with a scared voice.

Even Miichan, who hated reptiles, wanted to go there, even though she wasn’t sure why. Was she suicidal? Maybe. She just wanted Takamina to protect Acchan. The captain was always looking after Acchan and Miichan really liked to watch them. It was always funny.

“Please! Just for once!” Miichan said.

“I can’t believe YOU want to go there!” Acchan replied. “I don’t even want to think about all those…”

She didn’t finish her phrase, finding it too disgusting.

“We’ll just look with the others. I don’t think it can be so bad!” Miichan said as they started walking again. “I don’t even know why we’re so afraid of reptiles!”

Two minutes later

“DON’T APPROACH HIM FROM ME! DON’T EVEN COME 1 CM CLOSER!” Acchan screamed as Sayaka was holding a beautiful… huge snake.

She ran and hid behind Miichan… who was as afraid as her. Haruna and Yuko were not as afraid, but they stayed apart a bit. Yuko thought it was a nice way to be closer to her Haruna, so she didn’t really dislike it… Sae and Sayaka were playing with the snake. They enjoyed it.

“Look, Sae, he’s going… wait… where is he going?!”

The snake was moving from Sayaka’s shoulders to Sae’s, making them moving closer to each other.

“Hold on! Hold on, he’s going to fall!”

Sae had a huge smile on her face, all happy to have her head close to Sayaka’s. Maybe this snake idea wasn’t that bad finally. They didn’t want to take it at first… But finally… it was really nice.

“Wait, I’ll take it.” Sae said as she tried to hold the snake.

Sae walked everywhere with her new friend, having fun to scare the others. Tomochin and Tomomi, who had just joined them, were hiding behind the four others girls, thinking finally, maybe they should have left them… and visited the zoo alone. The two of them. Without that snake. Acchan felt suddenly a bit bad. Looking at all those monsters…. She wasn’t all recovered… Maybe it was bad for her health… The snake moved faster as she thought that she should have used this as excuse to leave this place.

“He’s… wait a minute, it’s a boy or a girl?!” Sae asked, but nobody answered.

Takamina wanted to touch it… But she didn’t trust this boa too much. He was way too tall.

“I said to not come near us!” Miichan ordered too with an anxious voice.

“I told you we shouldn’t have come here!” Acchan’s scared voice mumbled.

Takamina slowly touched the snake… Okay, it wasn’t that bad… She began to take a part of his body. The snake was long. Of course, since he was taller than her… After all she was ONLY 148.5cm, like everyone liked to remind her… She literally dreamed of the day when she’ll finally reach 149cm. Sae cruelly had the great idea to leave her with it. She was laughing with Sayaka as Takamina was trying to not drop the snake because she knew it would freak the others forever. Great… She had it on her shoulder.

“Oh my god… His face is way too close to mine…” She said slowly before she screamed, “Hey where’re you think you’re going?!”

The head of the boa was heading into her shirt.

“Get out of here, please.” She asked nicely as the head of the snake appeared from her sleeve.

The snake ignored her and suddenly climbed on her head.

“Hey, don’t mess up with my hair!”

The boa was still ignoring her and was now moving… slowly around her neck… Now, that was enough and Takamina dropped it.

“He’s going to kill me, get him OFF!” She panicked. “I don’t want to be killed by a snake!”

Everyone laughed… but they had forgotten the man who was supposed to help them was busy to help another woman. And the snake suddenly fell on the ground.

“AHH! WHY IS THERE A SNAKE HERE ANYWAYS?!” Both Acchan and Miichan screamed as they began to run to the exit of the reptile zone.

“I knew it was a bad idea!” Acchan screamed after Miichan.

“I didn’t know they would leave a snake in liberty!” Takamina heard Miichan answered.

“He’s… He’s coming here… HE’S COMING-!”

The two Tomo didn’t even look back a second as they ran to join Miichan and Acchan. Yuko and Haruna quickly followed them as Sae, Sayaka and Takamina were trying to catch him. Finally, the man came back… And even though he was angry at them, he let them go. Knowing the others would not come back here, the trio watched some lizards, spiders, chameleons and turtles before they left the zone. Takamina had chosen another favourite animal. This time… It was a small red and green lizard, who liked to stay immobile on his little rock. She called it “merry Christmas”, much to the two others discouragement.

“What? It’s the same colours!”

The two others didn’t even answer, knowing it would be useless. Why did they come here anyways? Ueno zoo was fun… but… Oh yeah, because of Acchan… This was stupid… coming here knowing Acchan hated reptiles. Worst idea ever from Miichan. Definitely. 

The three of them went outside of the zone, only to find Miichan, Haruna and Yuko helping Acchan to sit on a bench while Tomochin and Tomomi were trying to calm each other. She was breathing heavily. Takamina arrived near them, running.

“What’s going on?” She asked with an anxious voice.

She knew it was a bad idea to bring Acchan here. She definitely knew it. Well… She had known it… Then forgotten it… and now the reality was slapping her hard.

“Seemed that the snake scared her a lot. She seemed to be more tired… Probably because of yesterday… She didn’t sleep enough… Maybe it was a bad idea finally.” Haruna said.

Yup, she knew it. Damn brain who made her forgotten it.

“Are you alright?” Takamina asked to Acchan, sitting by her side.

Her face was near Acchan’s… And Acchan felt uncomfortable about it. So she became red. She looked like a beautiful tomato.

“You’re red, do you feel bad?” Yuko asked too.

Takamina softly touched Acchan’s forehead.

“I don’t think you have a fever… Maybe you’re just tired from your accident.”

She was moving closer to her. As she realized it, she suddenly went apart. She blushed a little. Acchan wasn’t better. Not only did she look tired, but now she looked like she was going to faint. Everyone exchanged look.   

“We’ll bring her something to drink. Maybe she just doesn’t have enough sugar in her blood. I read something about it…” Tomochin said as she left with Tomomi.

Sae and Sayaka smiled at them before they said:

“We’ll bring you food! You know, maybe you just need proteins and stuff like that.”

They left as Yuko pretended:

“I’m… going to the bathroom. Haruna, Miichan, why don’t you come with me?”

“Why do you need us to-” Haruna frowned.

“What a great idea!” Miichan exclaimed. “I knew I had to do something, thank to remind me!”

“Thank to remind me?!” Takamina thought at the lame excuse Miichan had said.

And then, Miichan grabbed Yuko and Haruna’s arms and walked away, leaving the last two alone. Takamina sighed. What had just happened now? She had a feeling about it.

“I think you should go home.” She said to Acchan. “You look pale.”

Acchan slightly smiled.

“I’m sorry… Everyone is worried about me. You can’t have fun.”

“Don’t worry about that!” Takamina answered. “You need to take care of you now! Remember, you’re still weak!”

“I wanted to have fun with you… Since something like that happened… We never know what could happen now.”

The voice she had was sad and worried. Takamina sighed. She couldn’t blame Acchan to think about it. She had almost died yesterday… And thank God, she hadn’t. Takamina too wanted to share more times with her, but she wanted her to be healthy more than anything. She still couldn’t forgive herself to not being able to protect her.

“We’re not mad at you. But take care of you, okay? Go home…”

She smiled at her.

“Do you want me to take you home?” She added.

Acchan looked away.

“No need to.” She just said.

She hadn’t said the real reason. In fact, she didn’t want to worry Takamina exactly because she knew how her friend would act: nicely and sweet and everything… Like someone who care a lot for her. Like a friend, a mother, a sister… a lover… She liked it, but it reminded her that warm feeling she hid in her heart. To see how much Takamina cared for her… Kinda hurt her at the same time. She couldn’t help but wondered if it was really the way Hiroko had felt for Takamina. Acchan sighed. She didn’t want her friend to be so nice with her when she couldn’t act naturally with her. She was sad about it. This situation just reminded her how much she enjoyed having someone who cared about her… especially if it was Takamina.

“Really? But what if you fainted before you arrived?”

Takamina looked really worried about her.

“I’m going to be fine… Just have fun today. I’ll call you if there’s a problem.”

“What if you fainted before you call!? And if you fainted in the middle of the street! What if you got another car accid-… Oh… sorry… I know you must be afraid of it…”

Acchan smiled.

“I won’t faint. Just have fun”

Somehow, Takamina wanted to answer that she couldn’t have fun if she knew Acchan was sick… but her words didn’t come out.

“I guess I should…” She just said.

“I swear I’ll be alright.” Acchan kept smiling, seeing how much her friend seemed to be anxious. “I’ll call you tonight, okay?”

Takamina finally accepted it.

“Okay.” She smiled. “But be careful. If you feel bad, don’t wait and call us.”

“Don’t worry about me.” Acchan answered.

She began to walk away. She had wanted Takamina to bring her back… But with all the revelations she had learned yesterday, she just couldn’t ask her to. She was afraid her hidden feelings might come out… And it was the last thing she wanted now… She needed to stay focused on their friendship, nothing else… Because she knew she could never tell her the truth about it. She knew if one day the love she had felt for her before was to come back… She would have too much pain inside her to support it. Just now, seeing Takamina so worried about her made her heart beat so fast… It was bad for her to feel this way. She didn’t want to. She wanted to ignore it. She wanted to forget it. She wanted to… keep those warm feelings hidden forever…

Most of all, she wished she had never thought of Takamina that way when she was with AKB48.

Takamina saw the others coming back. Ironically, Tomochin and Tomomi didn’t have any drinks while Sae and Sayaka pretended the lines for the food were too long and that they didn’t want to wait too long. Like she was going to believe such things… Did they think she was stupid? Okay, she didn’t want to know the answer to this question. Haruna, Yuko and Miichan came back later. As they saw Acchan was gone, they glanced at each other. Takamina was already watching the tigers a few meters away. They whispered a bit and Miichan came to talk with Takamina. The girl was laughing as she saw one of the tigers fighting with a younger one.

“Look!” She said to Miichan. “They’re fighting! Isn’t it so cute! Oh, the little one fell! He’s so cute I want to take him with me!”

Miichan stared at her with a “WTF” look. What would Takamina do with a tiger at home anyways? The tiger would eat her when he’ll grow up anyway. She’d probably get killed by the “so cute” tiger” anyway.

“I want to take him to Acchan! She would have a real tiger instead of taking pictures of her cats…”

Miichan laughed as she remembered that blog post. It had been so short… but so funny at the same time. And really… Takamina was on fire today! A monkey, a lizard, a tiger… until the end, she would have a complete new family with her.

“Hey, where’s Acchan?”

Takamina took a picture before she said:

“She’s gone. I told her she had to take care of herself and go home.”

“Eh? Stupid.” Miichan sighed.

“What?!”

“Why didn’t you take her home?”

Takamina’s answer was fast.

“She didn’t want me to. She said we should have fun together instead of worrying about her.”

Miichan stared at her with astonishment in her eyes. Even if it were true, Takamina would have taken Acchan home if the girl didn’t feel well. This was a stupid reason from her. Miichan had always hoped that maybe/probably/someday Acchan and Takamina would maybe/probably/someday live together. She even thought they loved each other, without really knowing the reason. Right, she had married Acchan, but she still thought Takamina and the ex face of AKB must felt something called “love”. Or maybe it was just because she couldn’t imagine one without the other… But for now, she had something important to say to Takamina… and hopefully, the others were behind her to help her if ever Takamina became too upset.

“Hey… Um… I have something to tell you about Acchan.”

Takamina didn’t move. She just stared at the tigers. But she wasn’t really happy about what Miichan had told her. For the first time of her life, she wanted to have fun without having a problem to solve, BUT Miichan just HAD to talk to her about… Acchan. Really, when she didn’t want to talk about her, her friends wanted, and when she wanted, her friends didn’t. Could somebody explain it to her because she didn’t understand anything.

“You know… A few days before we left for Paris, she called me.”

Takamina froze. Miichan wanted to talk about THAT?! Could it wait for… never?

“Hey look.” Takamina said nicely to her. “I know she called you… But for now, let’s just have fun. That’s what she wanted, right? So let’s forget about this call.”

Miichan frowned.

“So you’re not upset about it?”

“I guess not. I mean, I can’t tell her to call only me and nobody else right? And we’re fine now, so you don’t need to talk about it.”

Miichan frowned even more.

“What are you going to do about it then?”

“What do you want me to do about it?” Takamina asked, frowning too. “She has the right to call you. It’s fine.”

“Aren’t you anxious about it?” Miichan asked with a serious voice. “It’s weird… I mean… It’s not normal that someone told her that.”

Takamina looked at her friend, confused.

“Someone told her what?”

“Eh?”

“What “Eh?” There’s nothing to do about it! She called you, that’s all. No need to worry about something so… normal.”

Miichan sighed. They obviously didn’t talk about the same thing at all.

“Aren’t you going to do something about that woman’s voice? When she called me…” Miichan took a deep breathe. “Before she hanged up, I heard a woman telling her she would break her cell phone if she didn’t stop talking now.”

Takamina eyes went wide open as she said:

“What? I’ve never heard about it.”

She was a bit sad about the fact that Acchan had told Miichan instead of telling her… But for now, the only thing she had on mind was the cell phone thing. Hadn’t Acchan told her that she had to change her phone?

“What was the reason already?” Takamina thought. “What was it… Someone has stolen it? No… She has lost it… No, she…”

“I heard a… frightening voice… I’m sorry, I knew maybe it’s not the best time to tell you that but…”

“What do you mean by “the best time”?” Takamina finally pronounced. “Why didn’t you tell me that sooner?”

Oh, oh… Bad Takamina was coming…

“Well… I… I thought it was better to wait and see how Acchan was before telling you anything… I mean, nothing bad happened about her, right?”

“She told me… She had lost her cell phone… But the first time… She had said someone had stolen it… What if it was a lie then? What if someone really broke it? How was the voice?!” She asked to Miichan, urging her to tell her everything she knew.

“I’m sorry…” Miichan sighed. “I can’t describe a voice… I mean, it was a normal woman voice…”

Takamina shook her head, beginning to be anxious about it. She grabbed Miichan’s arm and said:

“Where was she when she called you? You must know, right?”

Miichan thought about it a little before she answered with a sad voice:

“Listen, I know you’re worried about Acchan… We are too. But… she told me she was at work. So there are lots of possibilities. It could be anyone.”

“I have to talk to her.” Takamina said as she began to walk toward the exit.

At the same time, Yuko appeared in front of her and told her:

“Sorry, but today, we’re having fun. I know it must be hard for you to think about enjoying this day now that you know about it but… Acchan must be tired. I don’t think she wants to talk about it.”

“She’ll tell us when she will want to.” Haruna added as she came near them.

The little captain couldn’t just stay here when she knew her friend was maybe in danger, but… It was true that Acchan needed to sleep. Maybe the best solution for now was to let her sleep well until she gets better. Then… maybe they could talk about it.

No. She couldn’t. Her inner voice was telling her that she had to know more about it, not only for Acchan, but for herself. Acchan had already almost died because of this stupid car accident, there was no way she was going to let her be in danger again. She would never forgive herself if something bad really happened to her friend… Seeing that determination look on Takamina’s face, Haruna sighed.

“Let’s have fun today. Tomorrow… we have a short meeting for the group, but I guess you can go and see her after. It won’t be so late. Whoever the voice was, I don’t think Acchan will be more in danger if you talk to her tomorrow instead of today.”

Takamina nodded slowly. Tomorrow… There was no way she could forget about it.

But for now… she thought those pandas were cute… She had to take pictures of them… Maybe Acchan would like them.

“Hey, I got an idea!” Takamina said, a smile coming back. “Why don’t we call this one “salt & pepper”?”

“Did I hear well?” Miichan asked to everybody.

“I hope not.” Tomochin answered as they were all looking strangely at the little captain.

Maybe they would have fun finally. Maybe Takamina would come back to her normal self… but they hoped she would not want to add a panda in her “already huge” animal lover family.

Yuko and Haruna were happily talking together as they were walking toward the theatre. They had an important meeting with Akimoto-san about a recording they were going to do. Yuko really enjoyed being with Haruna. She was like a puppy following her master everywhere… except that, much to Yuko’s disappointment, Haruna never hugged her like a real master would do. But at least, Haruna never rejected her because she was afraid Yuko would graduate if she did. So they were closer than before, always going out together. As they arrived at the theatre, they were late. They had talked too much… and somebody wasn’t really happy about it… and it wasn’t only Akimoto-san.

“Where were you?! We’re waiting for you for almost fifteen minutes and… fifty-five seconds!” Takamina said angrily as they sat on the two last chairs.

“Calm down…” Yuko said. “We were just talking.”

“Yeah? Well, stop talking now because we’re already late enough like this.” The captain said, not even a bit happier than before.

Someone laughed as Tomochin said:

“Ignore it, Yuko, she just wants to finish soon so she could go see Acchan after.”

Takamina glanced angrily at her and answered:

“What are you talking about?! That’s so not true!”

Yuko smirked as she thought the serious captain was lying in front of everybody. She looked way more nervous and was playing all the time with the mini ribbon strap that was on her cell phone… And now that Yuko thought about it, she wondered… where did Takamina get it? Yuko smiled even more as she thought Acchan must the responsible for this mysterious gift.

“Well, well, no fight here, please.” Akimoto-san calmly said as he stood in front of the twenty more popular girls of the group.

Everybody stopped talking. The meeting had begun and even the captain of Team A, or better: of the entire group, couldn’t say anything against their creator.

“I’m sorry for doing this meeting when you are all off, but this is really important for the moment when you’ll come back to work.”

Everyone nodded. They couldn’t disagree with him. Akimoto stared at them proudly.

“When I’ve created the group, I would never have imagined seeing you all this way. You’ve grown up… The concert in France was a success. Now, I’m thinking of a new project for all the fans, not only in Japan, but also worldwide.”

He stopped for a moment, waiting for his assistant to bring a map of the country.

“I thought of a documentary that could be recording everywhere in Japan.”

The members stared at him, not really understanding what he meant by “a documentary”. Hadn’t AKB48 already has a documentary about them?

“This won’t be like the other documentary.” He said as he seemed to understand the silent question. “This will be a movie about you. Each of you… I’m sorry for the others girls that aren’t here, but 48 would be too much… So yeah, each member will choose a destination in Japan. It can be anywhere, from Hokkaido to Okinawa and Kyushu. You will all have to choose it and later, you will go there for a week. A cameraman will be with you, filming your trip. This has not too much to do with AKB48. It’s not like 5400sec either. It’s a real “private life”. The fans will really see what you like about this part of Japan, and they will see you doing the same ordinary things they do. At the end, we’ll choose the best moments of everyone and put them as a movie. Of course, you will explain a bit what the city you’ve chosen is, like a guide, understand what I mean?”

The members smiled, thinking this project would probably be funny. They would just have to enjoy their time… It seemed great.

“The reason why it will be accessible to strangers… is because it will be subbed in English. We want overseas fans to see it, which is a premiere for the group. They will discover Japan through your eyes.”

“It will be for a week?” Sayaka asked.

“Yes. A whole week, having fun somewhere in Japan. I think it will be popular, since each of you will have her own version. It’s marketing, of course. Fans who have many oshimen… will probably buy more than one movie. I mean, it will also be different places in Japan, so I guess they would want to see that too. And at the end of each movie, there will be a short performance, so if they don’t like Japan, fans would get the chance to see a live performance of you. And yes, it’s really gonna be a live performance.”

Everyone laughed a little, knowing it was wallet-rape.

“So, I just wanted you to think about it before I tell you more next time.”

Takamina hardly heard about the rest. She thought about Acchan… She didn’t want to leave for a week… especially if someone was bad with her friend. But she knew she couldn’t avoid it. And she also understood that Acchan would probably come back to work soon, so there was no way they could go there together. Plus, Acchan was not a member anymore, so Takamina didn’t understand either why she just got this weird idea of leaving the two of them. Knowing she could not refuse this project since she was a captain, she just nodded as Akimoto said:

“Next time, we’ll talk more about it. Until this meeting, just think about a place. Each place must be different. It will also be a great way to help overseas fans to know more about Japan.”

“This is another step for AKB48 world domination.” Sasshi laughed.

The others laughed too, though she was right. AKB48 was known almost everywhere now… And what surprised them the most was that even news fans of the group wanted to know about the legendary Maeda Atsuko. It was another reason why Takamina could never stop thinking about her friend: People would even talk to her about Acchan when she was shopping just to know about that. Really… would the “Acchan age” disappear one day?

“Also, last thing…” Akimoto added as he turned to the girls in the doorway. “Everybody needs to participate this time. I know some of you couldn’t do the 5400sec, but this time, it’s an obligation because it’s even more important. This is you, AKB48, Japan and the world.”

Takamina sighed as she heard the last few words. She had no choice but to do it, or she may be fired. It was clear.

“Last thing I need to tell you. I’m planning a concert in Tokyo Dome soon! So be ready for it!”

All the members were surprised to hear that, but they were excited at the same time. Finally, Tokyo Dome concert? YEAH!

“The meeting’s done.” Akimoto said as he left the girls.

Everyone started talking as five of the group stared at Takamina. Feeling her friends’ glances at her, the captain nervously faced them and said:

“Wh… what?”

Tomochin had an anxious look on her face. Yuko was smiling… or at least trying to smile at her. Haruna was just staring at her like usual. Miichan sighed as Mariko asked:

“So where are you going to go?”

“No idea…” Takamina mumbled. “Maybe Osaka or Hiroshima…”

“So you’re really going somewhere?” Tomochin asked, surprised.

Takamina frowned.

“Of course.”

Miichan hesitantly said:

“We thought… You know because of what I told you…”

Takamina sighed despairingly as she answered:

“There’s no way I’m gonna stop working because of it.”

Seeing the others with doubts faces, Takamina just added:

“Trust me. I mean, we’re going to Tokyo Dome soon! There’s no way I’ll miss it! The old Takamina is back and ready to work… as soon as I finish talking to Acchan.”

And she fled, leaving her friends behind her. They didn’t say anything for a moment, just staring at each other, somehow feeling sad for Takamina. They knew it must be hard for her, especially now. Silent remained for a while and broke as Miichan said:

“She better finds who that woman is so we can all go and tell her what we think about broken cell phones…”

In another room were Akimoto-san, Sayaka Akimoto and Kashiwagi Yuki. Akimoto Sayaka had stopped being the captain of Team K for a while before she became it again. For all the members, Team K captain was Sayaka and nobody else. They had all wanted her to come back, and as soon as her scandal had been “forgotten”, she was back as the captain. The two members had left as soon as the meeting was done. Akimoto-san wanted to talk to them privately since they were captains. The creator of AKB48 perfectly knew that Takamina wouldn’t come since he had heard about the “Acchan case”. He respected the fact that the small girl wanted to share times with the graduate member since it had been a long time, but it was exactly why he wanted to talk to the two others leaders.

“I’m sorry, I know you want to be with the others, but I won’t be long.”

They both denied the fact that they didn’t want to be there. They had to be polite, right?

“I wanted you to tell me about Takahashi… I heard she was spending a lot of times with Maeda. I know I sent her back to Japan sooner because she didn’t work well and also that she saw Maeda, so maybe I’m the one to blame, but… Do you think it had an effect on her work? Be honest, please.”

They both moved hesitantly.

“Well…” Sayaka began. “It’s true that she seemed to miss Acchan, but I don’t know if it affects her work.”

“If you’re talking about this new movie, I don’t think she won’t do it. She knows when she has to be serious, that’s why she was chosen to be Team A’s captain.” Yukirin added.

The two of them flinched at the serious look Akimoto-san sent them.

“Okay… Well… Maybe she neglected her work a bit… But it doesn’t mean she can’t be captain anymore.” Sayaka said.

“I know.” Akimoto-san nodded. “I also know that I should talk directly to her about this, but you know, usually, she’s always the first to come and talk to me about her problems related to work. So I believe if something really was important, she would come to see me. But I was worried since her own team seemed to have doubts about it too.”

“Maybe you should just wait. She’ll probably come sooner or later. It’s not like her to wait too long when it comes to the group.”

“You’re probably right, Yuki-san. I just wanted to know if you knew something about it… Because if it became a handicap to her later, I need to know about it… What I told you before is true… I’m planning a concert in Tokyo Dome. Everyone must be ready.”

The two captains glanced at each other. If the boss had seen that something bad was going with Takamina, it must be true. It must be evident. If even Akimoto-san had seen it… Takamina needed to be careful. Because if ever Akimoto wasn’t satisfied about her job… maybe she would not be captain anymore. Maybe she would loose her position as leader. AKB48 needed a strong and serious leader… and if Takamina didn’t work as well as before because of Acchan… It would be a problem. An important problem, not only for Akimoto-san, but also for the future of the girl with the group.

Takamina was walking toward Acchan’s house. Again. But this time, the reason was different. Last time, she had come because she wanted to know why Acchan had told her she hated her… Now, she was heading there to know about a possible menace for her friend. Really, she could hardly believe there would be a day when she would go to Acchan’s house just for NOTHING. It was annoying to always go there with a problem in mind. As she reached the door, she waited for Acchan to answer. It didn’t take long time for a crying Acchan to open the door. Takamina immediately went in bodyguard mood.

“Acchan? What’s going on? Why are you crying? Is there someone else here? Are you hurt? Are you okay? Did somebody hurt you? Do you want me to kill someone?”

She had asked so many questions in such a short lap of time that Acchan stopped crying and asked her with a surprised voice:

“What are you talking about? I… I was just listening to the DVD the French fan gave me.”

“The one about you being in AKB48?”

Acchan nodded as Takamina calmed a little.

“I thought… you were crying because… of something else.” She just said. “Can I come in?”

“Sure.” Acchan said as she let her friend coming in. The first thing Takamina saw was the opened TV with Acchan’s face laughing surrounded by all the others members. She remembered it. It was just after her party graduation.

“I stopped it when I heard the doorbell.” Acchan said.

She didn’t push the “play” button as they sat on the sofa, knowing that if Takamina was here, something must have happened.

“Um… Sorry… I should have call.” Takamina said shyly.

Acchan nicely punched her shoulder.

“No need to, you’re always welcome here, you know that.”

There was a moment of silent before Takamina asked:

“Do you feel better? You suddenly left yesterday…”

“Oh… I’m alright now. My arm hurts a little, but it’s okay.” She smiled. “Why did you come here? Don’t you have a meeting with the group?”

“It’s done.” Takamina said before she added hesitantly: “Hum… In fact… Yesterday, after you left, Miichan told me something about you.”

Acchan flinched. She immediately thought about her manager. She hated Takamina for talking about it, but since her friend couldn’t know about it, it wasn’t really her fault. She remembered the call she had given to Miichan and wondered if she had told Takamina. If so, then she would have no choice but to tell her the truth. It was… useless to lie to such a close friend like Takamina. They could felt when the other lied and Acchan knew the captain probably already knew she had lied last time when she had told her everything was fine.

“She told me that you called her… And that she heard something weird when you hanged up.” Takamina slowly said.

She didn’t want to tell Acchan too quickly about it. She was scared it could be bad for her health.

“She told me she heard someone telling you about breaking your cell phone or something like this…”

Well, if she wanted to say it slowly… She just messed up everything. Maybe it was because she really wanted to know about it because she was worried about her friend… like a lot… like she would give her own life to protect her without hesitation.

“Oh…” Acchan said.

“If you don’t want to talk about it, it’s alright.” Takamina added quickly.

Acchan smiled to her. She was kinda cute when she was worried about her. And deep inside, she knew it was now or never. Hiroko was in coma… It was fate that Takamina had learned about it. She had to talk to her about what Hiroko had done to her… Because if she didn’t, she would never do it… and she would probably regret it for the rest of her life, especially if her manager woke up later.

“She’s… right. Miichan’s right…” Acchan whispered as she moved closer to Takamina.

Takamina didn’t say anything as her friend was lying by her side. Then, the small captain let Acchan used her as a pillow and waited for her to speak. She knew if Acchan wanted to tell her, she would. She only had to be patient. Thinking about being patient reminded her when the two of them were still in AKB48 together. Once, she had had to wait silently for almost two hours because she wanted to know Acchan’s problem… She really hoped it wouldn’t be as long because… Because this time, she wanted to know it fast, so she could resolve it… fast.

“You know… My manager…” Acchan began with a nervous voice.

Takamina looked at Acchan as she heard her talking. Her manager? Like… the one they had talked about when Acchan was still at the hospital? Thinking about it made Takamina feel bad too because it also reminded her the terrible thing she had done to… the girl who had once been her best friend. What was Hiroko’s role in this story? Please… she really hoped it wasn’t like she thought it was…

“At the beginning, everything was fine… But then…”

Takamina listened to her friend for what seemed hours. Acchan didn’t cry. She didn’t show any emotions. But Takamina did. She was clenching her fists almost every second. Anger slowly appeared in her eyes. She started breathing loudly… She didn’t move though. The only thing she did all the time was to listen to everything her friend was telling her. She was keeping all the information in her head, preciously. At the beginning, she just couldn’t believe it. She just couldn’t see Hiroko being so mad about Acchan for… well, for nothing! But as it went along, she realized that her friend couldn’t just lie about all that. She trusted her actual friend more than her old one. She somehow felt that everything Acchan was telling her was true… and it hurt her to know all this, even though she had wanted to. Acchan did not look at her as she talked. Not once. She was just telling her what had happened, with a sad and painful voice. Takamina did nothing either. She was just listening… Listening to her silent, to her voice, to her faint sob, to her breathe… She was just trying to understand why she hadn’t been with her before. So much had happened to her friend… Acchan was telling her almost everything… And now, she knew the truth about her cell phone. She hadn’t lost it and nobody had stolen it… It had just being the victim of… Hiroko. Her old friend.

Takamina slightly touched Acchan’s shoulder when she told her that. She felt Acchan tightened as her finger touched her. Her wound must still hurt…

The little captain was angry against herself. She remembered all the things she had told Acchan about Hiroko… How did her friend felt when she had told her those things? Telling her best friend that her violent manager had once being in love with her… She had been so stupid! She had never asked herself how Acchan would feel about it, never asked herself if Acchan may have problems with something… She hated herself. Acchan must have felt… so bad…so lonely. Now… she was telling her the truth… Wasn’t she scared that Takamina might not believe her? After all, Hiroko and she were friends, so it would be normal for Takamina to have doubts about it. But right now, she was bravely telling her everything. She was probably fighting against her fear to tell her that. She must hope Takamina would believe her… And she did. Acchan was trying to show nothing, but as she finished, she couldn’t help but let the anger took the control of her voice.

“I know I should not say that but… somehow… I’m glad she’s in coma now.”

Takamina didn’t say anything for a while, just staring at her friend. She couldn’t tell her to not say that after all she had heard… But really… thinking that Hiroko had done that…

“But at the same time… I don’t know what I would do if ever she…”

Acchan didn’t finish her sentence.

“I believe you.” Takamina whispered to Acchan. “I believe… in what you told me…”

Acchan couldn’t help but smile at what her friend just said.

“Thanks…”

Takamina sighed.

“I guess it’s my fault she’s like that… It’s probably my fault that she’s threatening you now… Since we’re best friends… She must hate you.”

Takamina kept blaming herself for a while until Acchan interrupted her:

“No. It’s not your fault. She’s just… too crazy to belong to this world, I guess. And with what happened to her… Maybe it’s just the way she is now.”

Acchan wanted to believe she could blame it on something else, but she knew it was a bit Takamina’s fault too. Leaving a friend like this… Anybody would be upset.

“I’ll protect you. She won’t ever do that again to you, trust me.”

Takamina made a promise: She was going to talk to Hiroko… maybe… and she would stay with Acchan until things were cool again. But then again, her inner voice reminded her about her main job: AKB48. She wasn’t Acchan’s bodyguard and would never be.

“I’m sorry… I should have told you before.” Acchan said as she finally looked Takamina.

“Everything’s fine. It was hard… I understand now… Why I received those mails… I understand why you looked so… scared when I saw you the first time.”

Acchan frowned.

“You knew about this?”

“I can see when you’re scared anytime. I know you better than anybody. And don’t even think that you don’t know me as much as Hiroko did. Hiroko knows the old me. You know who I am now. There’s a huge difference.”

“Why didn’t you tell me about your past?” Acchan asked.

“You never asked me to… and you never told me about yours too… so I thought it wasn’t important. It would have changed nothing to our friendship… and I wanted to create great memories with you now so I can forget the bad ones. Even if it’s because of it that I’m like this today, I want to replace them… Because I know I’d be happier to remember great times shared with you than… that.”

Acchan was about to ask another question when Takamina added:

“You didn’t need to know about those sad events. And since we’re talking about sad things… The reason why I didn’t graduate with you… I think I finally found the answer.”

She paused. Took a deep breathe. And said:

“It’s because… If I had graduated at the same time, we would have never being able to see each other. I mean… See how far and busy you are now? You don’t even have time to talk to me at phone… If I had left the group too, I would probably be as busy as you are now… Means that we would both probably be so busy that we wouldn’t even being able to mail each other. When I decided to stay with AKB48, it was because I knew that, even if I was busy, I still had time to do something else at the same time… I knew that… I would have time to talk to you, even if you didn’t. I would have time to think about you, to be here right now, by your side. If I had left AKB48 with you, maybe we wouldn’t even talk to each other now because of our jobs. Being a singer is my dream… But I know… for now, all I want is to keep our friendship the way it is…”

Acchan sighed as she realized how right she was. She was so busy… If Takamina had the same life too… they would definitely not talk a lot… or maybe they would not talk together at all.

“I guess you’re right…”

Takamina smiled as she said:

“I wouldn’t be able to listen to you now. But since I can be by your side now, I swear I will do all I can do to protect you… When she’ll wake up… I’ll go and…”

Takamina stopped. She had always avoided Hiroko. Thinking of visiting her was… too much. But it was for her friend. She would give her life for Acchan.

“Don’t.” Acchan whispered. “I don’t want you to go.”

“Why?” Takamina frowned. “She would stop if…”

“For now… We’re fine. I can protect myself.”

“But you know… If I told her to stop…”

Acchan smiled.

“Everything is fine. Can we just stop talking about it?”

Takamina nodded. Hearing the reason why Takamina had not graduated with her reminded Acchan her unsure feelings toward her. For now… she just wanted to stay the way they were, side by side. She pushed the “play” button and the DVD played again.

“Let’s watch it together.” She said as her head lay on Takamina’s shoulder.

They were fine the way they were. Takamina said nothing and stared at the TV. It was Acchan’s graduation scene… Then… some random funny parts of when she was with the group… Here she was crying… Now she had a huge smile in her face… She was joking… Eating a big cake… There was a scene from the Skirt Hikari making of… She was so young… And here was at Yoyogi… And that was a scene from the PSP game… And here was a scene from MUJACK… Another one from Iiwake maybe making of… And this one was from AKBingo… And now she was sleeping… She was fishing… Oh yeah, she remembered seeing this scene from 5400 sec… Takamina wondered how come the fan had all those videos/pictures, but she was glad Acchan had received it. Sure… somehow… it was illegal… But if Acchan didn’t care about it, then she would not too.

She blushed a little, unaware that Acchan had already turned red, when the kiss scene from Heavy Rotation making of, the one shown in AKB documentary, played on the screen. It played three times, probably the shyest moment of Takamina’s life EVER, until a white sentence appeared on a black screen.

“We love you, but not as much as you love Takamina <3 ”

Then, the DVD stopped. The famous kiss scene between her and Acchan was the last scene.

Takamina's POV

The scene went black.

All I can do is staring at the television, even though there is nothing more. The fan who made this video is really great… Acchan seems so touched by this… And when she’s happy, I can’t help but feel better too. I’m thankful for all those great moments we had together… I miss them…

I’m looking at her now. She’s smiling, but I can see there’s something’s troubling her. I wonder what it is… Is it the kiss scene we just saw? It can’t be, right? She kissed me that day… I was so surprised I reacted too late and she did it. I can’t help but smirked as I remember how huge her smile was when she finally did it. It looked like she just did a miracle… though maybe it was since I never kissed anybody. Acchan… gave me my first kiss… Oh wait, there was that actress from Mendol, right? But it doesn’t count since we were just acting…right? Well, I guess Acchan was acting too, right? It was just… fan service, right? It’s hard to know what is real when you’re working as an idol. You always have to look perfect and innocent, but at the same time, fans want to see a… dark side from you. They want fan service too… I wonder how the fans reacted when they saw this scene… They must have been as surprised as I was.

“Acchan, don’t make such a troubled face.” That’s what I want to say right now, but the words are stuck in my throat and don’t want to move from there. I can’t tell exactly how she looks… but it seems painful to her. If only she could tell me what’s going on… But I guess it’s too serious… Or maybe I should just wait. I’m always like this. I want to know what bother people as soon as possible so I can help them… But I need to give them time to resolve their problems themselves… I guess I can’t help Acchan all the time after all. I guess… Even if we’re best friends… there’s still something I can’t do to help her. Maybe I’m not strong enough… Maybe she doesn’t trust me… It would be normal since she knows the truth about what I did to her manager…

Acchan’s looking at me now… Her eyes are beautiful. I feel I can just stare at her forever and be happy. But I must not think like this. This is not a way to think about a friend, right? There’s pain in her eyes… I don’t know what the reasons to this sad look are, but it makes me feel useless… Soon… I’ll have to go back to work… I’ll have to leave Acchan for a week… probably more. I don’t want to leave her with Hiroko… I’m worried about her… But I guess I have no choice but to work… since AKB48 is only the first step to reach my dream. I’m sorry Acchan… If I could stay here, I’d do it. But I’m still with the group. I have to work… I’m not as far as you are.
But you know, even if I told you I’ve stayed with AKB48 because I was afraid I might not have time to share with you if I left the group at the same time… I think we’re slowly moving apart… Even if I try to act the same as before, I can see you’re not looking the same way at me. Why are you looking at me with such sad eyes? Aren’t you happy to see me? I guess if you weren’t, I would have already left, so it’s probably not the problem. I wish I could know your problem, so I could do something about it. I’d do anything… Why don’t you tell me what it is?
Maybe if you could read my mind, you’ll see how worried I am about you. Hey, Acchan, please, smile at me before I leave… Even with your manager threatening you, even if you look so sad… even if it’s my fault, I need to see you smile.

Acchan's POV

I want to tell you everything.

I have no right to think about you that way. I’m stupid. I should stop thinking about it… But whenever I see this kiss scene, it’s like the world stops moving. It’s like there’s only the two of us. I made so much effort just to reach your lips… I know you probably don’t feel the same… I’m sure you probably don’t feel the same about it, but still… I can hope, right? I’m scared. I’m scared of Hiroko, of my career, of what I’m going to do later… but I’m also terrified when I look at myself and think about my feelings. Because I know it is impossible for me to think about you like this.

No matter how I look at this… It doesn’t change. Why? You told me, right? You told me you think two girls couldn’t be together, right? I guess you’re right… I mean… It’d be weird after so long time we know each other. Why am I thinking about it, anyways? There’s no way it can happen. Though I’m glad you came here tonight. I’m glad you’re worried about me, because it makes me feel important to you. I’m sorry if I’m making you sad by staring at you like this, but I can’t help it, it’s useless to hide the pain from you. You’d see it anyways. Don’t worry about me. I’ll be fine. It will leave someday…

Hey… Takamina… If I told you how my feelings are… would you leave me alone? Because when you look at me with that cute worried look… my heart hurts so much I wonder if it’s not better for me to leave you…

TBC

ENDNOTE: Aww, poor Acchan… Well, pain is a part of life, so she has no choice but to deal with it! The question to ask is "how" will she deal with it...

Offline shahi

• Member+
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2010, 08:13:31 PM »
I want to say only one  :( please acchan told her about your feelings

Offline sorakamiya

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2010, 11:48:59 PM »
@bou-j525
maaaaaaan....damn your so good...  :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup i really like the story line. always waiting for your update.please update as fast as u can...  :yep: :yep: i now there would be more pain in this story but ... can't help what would happend next... n i hope soon takamina will recognise acchan feeling to her. :yep: :yep:

Offline alexiel17

• Captain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • dead.... @__@
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2010, 05:02:03 AM »
I haven't read your fic  :gyaaah:  :mon cry: (since chapter 8... Been busy from school...  :err:) Really need to read fast!!  :on study:

Anyway, thanks a lot for the fast update  :] Happy advance Christamas!! :mon santa4: :]
dead...

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2010, 07:26:57 AM »
Aww. Sayaka so brave!  :heart:
Maeda and Miicha...not so brave.  :lol:
Looks like Takamina isn't aware of her feelings for Maeda.
Hopefully that'll change when something epic happens between them.  :twothumbs
And I wonder when our antagonist will wake up and break these two up again?  :smhid
Update as soon as you can!  :thumbsup

Offline mangobanana15

• Member+
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2010, 09:52:06 AM »
wow this is a great fanfic! love the takaachan moments here! :)

lol Takamina and her animal family cracked me up

man i don't want Takamina to leave Aachan for a month but i don't want her to lose her job either

i hope Aachan will confess one day!

Happy early Christmas and update soon!

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: December 30, 2010, 06:12:13 AM »
HELLO.  :grin:
Sorry I'm late.........

[personal story, do not read if you don't care]
Sorry for the late update but I'm working like never before on my project for school! Yes, during holidays.... more than usual when there's school... I think god hates me.
So yeah, the last three days, I wrote ALL THE DAY about things for my project.
And I swear I haven't put at least one finger outside since Sunday T__T I was, and am still, spending all my days by writting texts on computer. YES.I'M.NOT.LYING  :panic: I'M.BECOMING.A.GEEK (like if I wasn't one already XD) This is killing me  :banghead: I can't stare at a freaking computer screen anymore T_______T Well, except for five minutes so I can post this chapter, but right after I'm going to close it............ and open it tomorrow morning for another crazy day XD
Anyways  :nervous Yesterday I was able to finish this chapter at one in the morning. But I was way too tired to post it and I can only do it now because... I've been working on my project all the day again. It's currently midnight.
So sorry!!!!
[End of the personal story]

Hum... I have to say... this chapter may annoy some of you, but read it carefully please! PLEASE.  :bow:

Again, thank to everyone who left comments or "thank", or who are just reading my story!!!  :bow:

One last thing... I have to admit that, due to all the time I spend on computer for writting texts for school, it kinda... how can I say it... it makes my motivation "OFF" for this fanfic. I'm not sure if I'm clear enough, but here's a better explanation: I woke up at 10am, I write texts for school until 8pm. So after so long time on computer, I have no desire to stay longer in front of a screen and write a story...
Of course, it won't stop me forever, but don't be surprise if I don't post the next chapter for the next week. REALLY SORRY !!! Please, keep reading my fic  :bow:

Okay, enough talking, here's the chapter XD
Sorry for the mistakes
Chapter 10

Takamina was waiting in the front of the closed door, incapable to move. She was reading for the fifth time what was written in it.
Number of the room: 257.
Name of the patient: Hiroko Sato
The small captain of AKB48’s team A was standing there, still immobile. She had given her cell phone number to the doctor, asking him to call her when Hiroko would wake up. She had not expected it to be that soon, but the doctor had called her this morning. It had been two days since she had seen Acchan. She hadn’t seen her yesterday, telling her she should rest instead of going outside. The last thing Takamina wanted was another accident, and if Acchan needed to stay inside in order to be safe, she would. One more day and she would have to come back to work… She would have to leave Acchan alone. Well, she was an adult so it should be alright… That’s what Takamina thought too before this accident. She was so paranoid to loose her that it almost made her sick.

She had not planned to go see Hiroko. After all, it had been more than six years since they had seen each other… And their latest conversation wasn’t the best example of what we could call “friendship”. In fact, leaving suddenly and never call back someone even if the person in question needed help because of something horrible that had happened was more the example of something called “farewell”. And that was exactly what Takamina had done. So she was not really at ease to see her old friend again, especially in this situation. The reason why she had suddenly decided to go to see Hiroko was because of what Acchan had told her. She wanted to make sure Hiroko would never do that again. Even if her old friend was still confused because of the accident, she wanted to talk about it now… because she would probably not have time to later. And Acchan’s security was the most important thing in the world.

Of course, Takamina knew she should not scream at Hiroko for what she had done… She was still hurt and just woke up from a deep coma… The captain would have to be patient. It was going to be hard. The doctor had said it was a miracle Hiroko had nothing more than a terrible headache… and bit less intelligence than before. Not that Hiroko was now handicapped forever, no. She was a bit confused with nouns and sometimes needed help to remember something, but it was nothing really bad. Everything would soon come back to normal. Takamina didn’t know if she had to feel relieve about it or scared… She was afraid Hiroko might take revenge on Acchan for this car accident. After all she had done to Acchan, Takamina didn’t know what Hiroko was capable to do now… The friend she had known was gone now and she knew when she would talk to her… it would be like talking to a different person. Because Takamina knew the Hiroko she had known would never do such horrible things.

She carefully opened the door, knowing she couldn’t stay in the hallway for eternity, even if it was what she wanted to do. She scented blood. It was a typical hospital room, white and empty, except a bed, a little television and a personal bathroom, but there was a scent of blood that didn’t seem to want to disappear. Hiroko had lot of money from her mother, so she could have a private room.

Takamina started walking toward the bed where Hiroko was lying. She sat beside her bed, waiting for her to wake up. She was still playing with the ribbon phone strap. It helped her to remember the main reason why she was here. It helped her to not flee away… because she feared their conversation. She feared it because she knew… it would be sort of… a confrontation. But she needed to do it for Acchan… If only Acchan knew what sacrifice she was doing for her right now… but she couldn’t tell her.

Hiroko’s eyes were closed. She was probably sleeping. She had a huge bandage around her head, she was connected to two big machines that made “bip” every five seconds… and she had many intravenous injections going through her weak body. She was white. Horribly white. Takamina couldn’t help but looking pityingly at her. Hiroko was in a terrible condition compared to the last time she had seen her. The last time… It had been when Acchan and she were leaving the studio… And if she thought about the last time BEFORE that…

Takamina sighed as she thought for the umpteenth times about this moment. Her eyes met Hiroko’s as she sighed even loudly. She had tried to forget this moment so many times, but seeing her old friend lying this way… Wait a minute… Hiroko’s eyes?

The small girl flinched as she realized Hiroko was awake, staring at her, emotionless. She froze as she heard Hiroko’s voice for the first time since almost six years old… maybe even seven.

“Ta…ka… mina?”

Her voice was hesitant, weak, hoarse, a bit cold, but it was the same as before. It was the same voice she had heard years ago… with lot more pain than before.

“You’re alright?” Takamina asked, not knowing what else to do.

Oh wow. What a stupid question.

Hiroko’s eyes weren’t emotionless anymore. They showed pain, hope, hatred, happiness, fear, incomprehension… Hiroko was breathing heavily, as if just saying this little word had drained all her strength. Then, she seemed to realize she had called her old friend with her nickname and she had a disgusting look in her eyes.

“What… are you… doing here?”

Even though she was weaker than ever, she was still trying to make her voice cold. Takamina was so nervous… she looked away as she answered:

“Maybe I should come back, you look tired.”

Hiroko slowly shook her head as she repeated her question.

“I wanted to talk to you about something… But I guess it’s better if I leave you alone.”

Hiroko tried to speak, but coughed a little while Takamina added:

“Give you time, you’re still badly hurt. Don’t be so stupid.”

Hiroko blinked. Even though so many years were gone, Takamina could still not be mad about someone hurt. She HAD to be worried about her old friend. Plus, she was the only one that could call Hiroko “stupid” and stay alive after. Hiroko knew Takamina would always call her stupid when she was worried… Like before… And also… Talamina was the one who left Hiroko, so it was normal the woman was mad at her. But she, Takamina, couldn’t really be mad at Hiroko.

“Sorry…” Hiroko mumbled like a little child.

“Take care… Acchan would not forgive you if you died, even after all you did to her.” Takamina said with a normal voice. 

The manager flinched as she heard the end of the sentence… And then began to cough again for a while as Takamina smirked.

“Hey, told you not to die…” the small girl said as she looked away.

Hiroko breathed loudly as she asked:

“She told you?”

“That’s why I came here. To tell you to…”

She stopped talking as she saw a new red light on one of the two machines flashing for a long time.

“Maybe I should wait you feel better. Could be dangerous.” She mumbled.

She wasn’t especially worried about Hiroko. Honestly, she didn’t really care about her since they had stopped hanging out together, but she knew Acchan needed her manager. So she couldn’t just risk killing Hiroko by talking to her in a harsh way.

“…Won’t… kill…you… speak.” Hiroko whispered.

Really? Takamina had doubts about it. The only reason why Hiroko hadn’t killed her yet was because she was hurt.

“Alright then… Stop doing those things to Acchan.” Takamina said with a loud voice. “You have nothing against her. You can’t blame her for something I did long time ago or for something your mother did.”

“She… alright?” Hiroko asked, her eyes half closed.

Takamina flinched at the sudden change of subject.

“Yeah… She’s fine.” She answered.

Hiroko seemed relieved as she slowly answered the longest thing since they had started talking:

“I’m glad… Since she looks so much like… my mother… I can’t help but think that… if she was dead… I would have killed my mother… for the second time… She must live.”

Takamina sighed loudly as she said with a tired voice, trying to control her anger:

“Stop comparing her to your mother. This is useless. The only thing you’re doing is hurting her, so stop it! You know what I mean… Your mother won’t come back. Acchan is Acchan, not your mother! That’s what I wanted to tell you today. Stop hurting her! Stop doing those horrible things to her. You’re her manager. You’re supposed to support her. Accept that… what happened to your mother… it’s gone now.”

It took a long time for Hiroko to answer.

“It won’t ever be gone from my heart… I know I should accept… I can’t help it since… The only person who could have helped me to accept it… was gone.”

Takamina felt guilty. Hiroko was… right.

“Stop blaming the others too… The Hiroko I knew could have accepted this tragedy by herself...” Takamina whispered as she looked at the floor. “Why did you hurt Acchan so much?! She has nothing to do with it! You should have asked her my number and threatening me instead! She… she did nothing to you.”

Hiroko stared at Takamina for a while before her eyes closed, probably because of tiredness.

“She did nothing to you.” Takamina repeated. “She just wanted to do her job like a normal person… But she couldn’t because of you! Stop it. Please.”

“Why do you care…” Hiroko asked.

A machine started to beep loudly.

“She’s my friend. I don’t like when people hurts my friends.”

Hiroko tried to say something, but couldn’t. She was too weak. Takamina, seeing her effort, just stop talking, waiting for her to gain strength to talk. Unfortunately for her, what Hiroko had to say was something cruel…

“Really? You don’t… like people to hurt your friends… but you can hurt them… by yourself?”

Cruel, but true. Takamina froze. She knew the conversation would turn about what had happened. That was why she didn’t want to come… But she had to.

“I… I just want you to stop hurting the wrong person.” Takamina said, trying to avoid the forbidden subject.

Hiroko coughed even more as the machine went crazy.

“I do what I want… Now… I don’t… want Acchan… to make the same mistake… as me… or my mother…”

Takamina frowned slightly.

“The same mistake? You’re her manager! Can’t you trust her instead of hurting her? I know her, she’s not the kind of person who would kill herself by going to help someone! She’s not the kind of person that would do something so stupid… She knows what’s important.”

“She… would save you anytime.”

Hiroko’s voice was faint. Takamina wanted to ask what she meant by this, but it was Hiroko’s turn to divert to another subject.

“Why didn’t you answer to me?”

Her voice wasn’t weak this time. It was glacial. It was like if Hiroko had kept her strength only to say this. Even Takamina couldn’t feel the pain behind this tone. She couldn’t avoid the subject, but she didn’t answer.

“You don’t have to… worry anymore.” Hiroko added. “I hate you now… No… even the word “hate” isn’t strong enough to describe my feelings. Even what I did to Acchan isn’t enough… You… I understand you must have been afraid… But it wasn’t a reason to leave me… when it happened.”

Takamina felt bad as she realized how much Hiroko had changed. The old Hiroko, even if she hated everything in the world, would never say something like this. She would support it. She would do her best to forget it… But now, she was clearly saying what she thought of Takamina. And suddenly, the woman didn’t look like she was in coma anymore. She didn’t even look hurt anymore. She looked… stronger. Only by the way she was talking.

“You… didn’t even answer something… about it. You didn’t even say good bye… You didn’t… explain anything…”

Hiroko was doing her best to stay calm, but her entire body was shaking. Her feelings were finally leaving her heart. It was late. It was at a bad timing. It was slowly killing her. But they were finally leaving her.

“I knew… you wouldn’t… feel the same. I was ready to hear… your rejection… but you didn’t even tell me that. Even after… everything I had done for you… You couldn’t even support me when… my mother died… You… couldn’t just forget about what had… happened…. And … after… all my messages… You never answered…”

Takamina didn’t say anything, knowing it would be useless.

“And now… you’re telling me those things… in front of my bed… trying to do like if nothing had happened… trying to play the innocent… You didn’t face the reality before… Not even now…”

Takamina stand up. She couldn’t stay here. Guilt was hurting her. The sound of the machine sounded loudly than ever. She just kept replaying this scene in her mind. She couldn’t remember the main reason why she had came here… She couldn’t think about anything else.

“After… everything I had done for you… you didn’t even call me back… After I asked you to… call me… you kept ignoring me…”

“I…”

“You… disappeared. I even went to the theatre once… I was telling you… you did a great job… But even then, there was no answer. So… I stopped it.”

Takamina was in the doorway, shaking her head.

“You know… what?” Hiroko said as her eyes were closed. “I have… more things to tell you… Come back later… And for once… come back here for real… It’s important…”

The manager suddenly fainted, probably because she had used too much strength. The machine suddenly went quiet.
The only sound that remained was her breathe… and Takamina left the room silently.

Flash Back

“Sayuri Okamoto died in tragic circumstances yesterday… Witnesses said there was blood everywhere. The two cars had a huge collusion and the two drivers were badly hurt. According to the doctor we just met, the famous actress had no chance to survive. Her head was pierced by a metal piece from the exterior of the car. The diagnostic was obvious. She was brain death. It was useless to try to reanimate her. We will show you some pictures of the scene sent by witnesses. As you can see, the other driver was badly hurt too. The doctor still doesn’t know if he will survive. Sayuri Okamoto was well known for… ”

Fourteen years old Takamina stared at the television, immobile. She was eating her breakfast at home, before going to the theatre. Her mother was listening to the news with her. Takamina had never told her mother that she and Hiroko had stopped talking to each other. She had just told her she had lot of work, so they were rarely talking together at phone. As she heard the man talking about this accident, Takamina felt her heart hurt slowly, thinking about… what had happened between her and Hiroko. She just wanted to close the television… This was a really bad new… but she knew she couldn’t ignore it.

“Isn’t it your friend’s mother?” Her mother asked as she raised the volume.

“…in 1986. Japan just lost one of his most famous actresses of its history. Since it’s really sudden, we still wait for more information. We remind you that Sayuri wasn’t married and had lost her parents when she was younger. Her only family was a sister who live in Chiba and her child, Hiroko Sato. Many Japanese and English artists already planned on doing a ceremony to celebrate the wonderful woman she has been. They say it…”

“She is.” Takamina answered as she finally closed the television.

Anyways, her mother would leave at the same time she would… and it was now.

“I’m leaving!” Takamina said as she went outside.

As she left, she heard her mother telling her:

“Why don’t you go see Hiroko when you come back? She must want to see you.”

Takamina sighed. If her mother knew how right she was… She walked in the street and took the subway to Akihabara. As she arrived to the theatre, she turned her head and looked at a screen on a building. They were still talking about Sayuri’s death. At the same time, her phone rang. Looking at the number, Takamina immediately closed it. She had work to do… She had to focus on work… She entered the theatre and forgot about the rest while somewhere in the city, Hiroko was imploring her to answer.

Five hours later, Takamina left the theatre. She had a little break before the practice of the next choreography and decided to go eat. She opened her phone and suddenly flinched as she saw she had ten missing calls and three messages. She sighed as she saw all the missed calls were from the same person, the same that had sent the mails too. Knowing what it was about, she opened the first mail.

“Takamina…
Can we talk together today?
You probably knew what happened now…
Please, come here.”

Takamina frowned as she read the second mail too. It was hard for her to ignore it. She was curious, even though she knew it would always be about the same thing…

“Come to see me when you have time…
We can talk together now, can’t we?
I need to see you, so please, let’s forget about what I said.
It’s been a long time…”

The small girl sighed. She wanted to answer… She really wanted! She knew Hiroko must be alone now… while she was working with more than twenty others girls. There was such a contrast between the two situations… Maybe she could leave for the rest of the day? After all, she had a friend that… needed… her… It reminded her about their last conversation and how afraid she had been. What if she was too nice with Hiroko? What would Hiroko think about it? Would she… still… No. Takamina didn’t want to think about what might happen. She read the third message.

“Takamina…
You’re the only person I can talk to now.
I’d be alone if you’re not here…
We are still friends, aren’t we?
Being friends is perfect to me, you know… as long as you still talk to me.
Please, answer me.
I’m waiting for you.”

Takamina fight with the feeling of forgetting everything that had happened… But she couldn’t. She just couldn’t face her friend now. She knew her mother’s death was horrible but… she couldn’t support Hiroko. She couldn’t even think about seeing her again. She was too afraid. Now that Hiroko had told her how she felt… She would never look at her the same way… even if everything came back to normal. To see her again… to support her now… it would only made her suffer more. The latest message was sent thirty minutes ago… She could answer now… Just to tell her to keep fighting… to survive… to support the pain… But she couldn’t. Because she was scared. She was scared it might distract her from her job… she was scared Hiroko must misunderstand it… she was scared of her friend… she felt guilty as she deleted the three messages.

“Sorry, Hiroko…” She thought as she closed her phone.

When Takamina came back home, her mother was here, waiting for her. She sighed. Her mother looked mad at her.

“Finally you’re here!” She said as she saw her daughter. “Where were you?!”

“Working, mom, you know about it! It’s the beginning so we have to practice a lot.”

“Wait a minute, young girl.” Her mother said as Takamina was trying to avoid her.

The “young girl” sighed again. She knew what her mother wanted to tell her…

“You should go see Hiroko now that you’re back. She came here twice today, even if I told her you were working. She seemed really sad.”

Takamina hesitated.

“But… We… I have to…”

“Minami, look at me. Hiroko is your best friend, isn’t she? I’m sure she’ll be happy to see you, even only for two minutes. With what happened to her mother, don’t you think you can forget a bit about your job? The only thing you can is to see her.”

Takamina looked briefly at the roof before she shyly said:

“I can’t…”

She hated this kind of “personal” conversation. She felt like she was becoming a little five years old child again. Her mother looked at her in the eyes as she said:

“Minami, are you still friend with Hiroko? There’s something wrong, right? I know you, you would have seen Hiroko even if you had work if there wasn’t a problem.”

Takamina moaned. It was useless to hide something to a mother. She would always discover the truth.

“It must be something really serious if you don’t want to help her despite her mother’s death… Alright, tell me everything.” Her mother said as she sat on the chairs.

“Eh? No way…”

At the glance her elder was giving her, the young idol gave up and began to tell her everything that had happened between them. When she arrived to the part of the confession, she was really nervous of her mother’s reaction. What if her mother told her it was impossible or something like this? What if she didn’t believe her? What… if she thought she was gay?!? But to her surprised, she only asked:

“You know Hiroko is alone now, right?”   

Takamina slowly nodded. Of course she knew! It was all she had heard about since this morning! And it was probably going to be the only subject in her mind for the next month.

“Well, as long as you are aware of what you’re doing to her... You know she’s sad too, right?”

Takamina nodded again, feeling guilt taken over her heart.

“Don’t forget you’re hurting her by ignoring her.” Her mother added.

“I can’t talk to her like before now… Can I?” Takamina asked.

Takamina just wanted to send her mom to talk to Hiroko instead of going there by herself. She wanted her mother to find a solution… Like when she was a child… Even if she knew she couldn’t always ask someone else.

“You should talk to her to explain yourself.” Her mother wisely answered.

“But…”

“As long as you’re aware of what you’re doing to Hiroko, I’ll accept what you’ll do. Maybe it’s not the best solution. Maybe… it’s cruel to ignore her like that. I think you should help her even after her… um… confession, but if you say you can’t, well I can’t do it at your place. But don’t forget too that, whatever you do… One day, you’ll have to face it.”

Takamina stared at the floor.

“But… I’m not…”

Her mother smiled slightly.

“I know that, Minami, but even if you feel different, don’t you think it’d be better to talk to her.”

The girl nodded shyly, knowing she wasn’t strong enough to do so.

“It’s not something you can avoid forever,” her mother added after a minute. “Love is not something you can avoid… even if it’s coming from another girl.”

A month later, Takamina was talking to Miichan in a street in Shibuya. She had stopped receiving messages from Hiroko two ago. During two painful weeks, she had deleted each mail her friend had sent her. She had thought of going to visit her, but each time she was on the front of the door, she couldn’t move. She was secretly hoping one day Hiroko would open the door even if she hadn’t knock… But finally, she was always coming back home.

“Do you know when we’re finally going to learn a new song?” Miichan was asking Takamina.

“Come on…” Takamina sighed. “We didn’t even sing “Sakura no hanabiratachi” properly yet. We need to concentrate on this before thinking about something else. Remember, we’re still at the beginning.”

Takamina had become friend with Miichan at the very beginning of AKB48. Sure, they had been shy towards everybody, but they had talked to each other the second day, and now they were friends. In fact, Miichan had almost talked to every girl that was the same age as hers. Takamina knew the girl was friend with another member named Maeda Atsuko. This girl was in her class at school, but for some reason, she still hadn’t talked to her.

“I’m super motivated!” Takamina said, smiling. “This is going to be fun!”

“Fun? We’re working like… everyday, every hour, every minute… I’m tired… Not that I don’t like to work, of course we all have to do our best, but my muscles hurt…”

“I like to dance. And we’ll get used to so much work. AKB48 will become so popular that… that… we’ll go to America!” The young girl said.

Miichan stared at her, not knowing what to answer.

“Our main public is otaku, remember?” She asked to Takamina who had stars in her eyes.

“I believe it won’t stop AKB48’s fate!”

Seeing Takamina so much enthusiasm about it made Miichan laughed.

“You really think we can make it?” The girl asked with hope in her voice.

“Of course. We’ll go to New York one day…” Takamina said.

The girl who was going to become one of the best dancers in the group smiled.

“I don’t want to break your dream… But you know… it seems impossible.”

Takamina smiled. She had herself said the same thing once…

“I believe in it… Because one day, a frien- acquaintance told me it can become true.”

Takamina smiled awkwardly, hoping Miichan would not pay too much attention to her mistake. She was about to say something more about the future of AKB48 when Miichan frowned and said:

“Don’t turn back… But I think someone’s spying on us.”

Of course, Takamina wanted to turn back… And Miichan held her shoulder to stop her.

“Stop! It’s a girl… Older than us I think… She’s been looking at us for about ten minutes… She scared me. She has… angry eyes.”

Takamina froze. This description…

“Oh no, she saw me looking at her… She’s coming here…”

Takamina flinched. She had to leave… Now. She grabbed Miichan’s arm and began to walk away, but it was too late.

“Hi you two!” The older girl said. “Long time no see, Takamina.”

Ouch. Straight to the point. Miichan stared at Takamina.

“You know her?” She whispered.

“Yeah… Um… Go to the theatre.” Takamina said, seeing their break was almost done. “I’ll see you there.”

Miichan hesitated, but the glance Takamina sent her made her leave them alone. As soon as she was gone, Hiroko walked closer to Takamina.

“Hello.” Hiroko said with an emotionless voice.

“Hi…” Takamina said, avoiding her eyes.

Hiroko seemed to look away as she said:

“Can’t we ever be friends again?”

Takamina flinched. Her old friend was going straight to the main point, probably knowing it would unsettle her. She didn’t answer.

“You know… Even if you didn’t come to see me when… it happened…”

Takamina immediately knew what she was talking about.

“I’m sorry about your mother.” She said. “It must have been hard.”

She didn’t really know what else to say as Hiroko was standing in front of her.

“I can’t tell you I’m not mad at you… But… Can’t you forget about what I said?”

Seeing that Takamina was still avoiding her eyes, she answered:

“I’ll take this as a “no”… I thought…”

She didn’t finish her sentence. She waited a little, unsure of what to say and then:

“I thought you would have come to see me.”

Her voice was still emotionless, but Takamina knew Hiroko must be trying to hide her sadness. She was good at it.

“It’s not that I didn’t want to… but…”

“I know what you’re going to say.” Hiroko interrupted her. “And you know what? I really thought we could be friends again… I really did. I thought someone strong like you could forget about something like this…”

Takamina didn’t even look at her. She was still looking elsewhere, not answering too, feeling her heart beat faster.

“I hoped we could still be friends… even if I feel that way.”

That was too much for Takamina who realized her friend’s feelings toward her hadn’t change at all. She knew it had been only a month, but it was so awkward with her by her side that she turned around and, without saying a word, leave her. She heard Hiroko’s voice before she was far enough.

“So this is a “no” then…”

End of Flash Back

After a whole day of doing nothing except thinking about Hiroko, Takamina finally came back to the hospital. She had thought of not going back to see her, but she couldn’t help but be worried, not only about Hiroko, but also about Acchan. She didn’t know yet if Hiroko was going to stop threatening her friend. She had to make sure Acchan would be fine from now on.

She waited a bit in front of the door before she opened it. Hiroko was awake this time and she immediately turned her head to the door, where Takamina was standing nervously. The captain of Team A walked in, slowly… maybe too slowly.

“You came back… I didn’t think you would.”

Hiroko seemed as sick as before and her voice was still weak, but at least, she seemed to be awake for a bit so she and Takamina could talk.

“Yeah…” Takamina said nervously.

She couldn’t blame Hiroko for not believing she would come back since… well she wasn’t supposed to be here anyways. She had planned to ignore her. Hiroko coughed a bit as she said:

“Why did you come back?”

“I wanted to be sure you would leave Acchan alone.”

Hiroko sighed loudly.

“Of course… you didn’t come here to see how I was… Since we’re not friends anymore, you would never do that.”

Takamina didn’t answer. She could guess Hiroko was still mad and sad about what had happened, but she had told her the truth. She really wanted to be sure nothing would happen to Acchan. As if she read in her mind, Hiroko said:

“I’m… going… to stop it. I’m too… weak anyway.”

Takamina slowly nodded, satisfied. It was great Hiroko could finally do something nice. Acchan didn’t deserve all those horrible things…

“I don’t know when we’ll work again… I hope Acchan will be alright, really.”

Hiroko seemed to care for real about Acchan, which Takamina found not that surprising. It could be dangerous for her precious popularity…

“You’ll have to stay alive, then. I told you, Acchan will need you later.”

Takamina didn’t really want to say this, but she knew it was true. Acchan needed her. Hiroko sighed as she said:

“I’ll stop everything… the threatening and everything… But… only… if you tell me… why you didn’t answer to me…”

Takamina froze. Not this conversation again, please… But she knew she had no choice this time. It was now or never… And it was for Acchan.

“I… You take me by surprise.”

Hiroko frowned. She didn’t think Takamina would accept so fast to talk about it. Acchan must be really important to her…

“I was… ready to hear your rejection… you know? I was ready… to stay friends.” Hiroko pointed.

Takamina sighed.

“I know. You already told me that. But it’s easier to say it than to do it! I couldn’t look at you the same way now… I couldn’t see you the same way neither.”

Takamina began to tell Hiroko everything. The reasons why she hadn’t answered to her, the reasons why she hadn’t called her back… The reasons why she had been so afraid with her… Acchan’s manager was avoiding her eyes all the time she was talking. Hearing the explanations about it… after so many years… Yes, of course, she wanted to know about it, but she didn’t expect it to be so painful. If it helped her to understand more about what had happened, it also opened an old wound from the past. Like she wasn’t hurt enough, now she had the feeling she was bleeding from the inside.

“So… I see…” Hiroko just said as Takamina finished talking.

She knew everything now… She knew the answer of Takamina… She knew her reactions, her thoughts, her fears… She knew everything. And Takamina was feeling better about it. The weight of all those secrets was gone… but replaced by guilt. Looking at her old friend, so frail, weak, hurt this way… Takamina couldn’t believe she had chosen this time to finally tell her the truth.

“Now… You’ll leave Acchan alone?” Takamina asked.

Hiroko nodded as she closed her eyes. She couldn’t make the pain get out of her thin body… Even after so much time… It reminded her… so many things…

“I’ll leave then.” Takamina said awkwardly. “Um… remember… Don’t die.”

She was about to leave the room when she heard Hiroko whispering:

“I hope you won’t make the same mistake with Acchan.”

Takamina turned around, confused.

“What do you mean?”

Hiroko slightly smiled, probably because of tiredness. She had a huge headache… She couldn’t think properly… She couldn’t…

“I hope… It won’t take as much time as with me to tell the same thing to Acchan…”

Takamina frowned, waiting for the end.

“I hope… you’ll tell her in a better way than you did with me, because if you do the same, you’ll loose her too.”

Hiroko breathed deeply, feeling suddenly really sick. Takamina was about to leave the room, thinking that Hiroko must have a problem related to her accident… she must becoming crazy… A person that just woke up from coma couldn’t think properly after all… But she suddenly heard her saying:

“If you don’t want to loose her… Be nice with Acchan if she confessed to you…”

Takamina turned around and went beside Hiroko’s bed as fast as she could, just to hear her whispering before she fainted for the second time:

“Because… Acchan loves you too…” 

And silent remained.

“I understand… We have to choose… Yes, I got it.” Sayaka said to Akimoto-san.

She had just received a phone call from the creator of AKB48, telling her to prevent all the others chosen members that their different trips in Japan would be reported. They would have to leave sooner finally.

“What?” Sayaka asked. “Yeah, I understand… Tell the others captains too? I’ll do it.”

Akimoto added something more as Sayaka open her mouth.

“Really?!”

The creator answered.

“Yes, I understand… I’ll tell them… We leave in one week… All the members chosen leave in one week to their destination? Right, we have half a week to decide… Isn’t it a bit… late?”

Sayaka nodded slowly as she heard Akimoto-san telling her that everything would be fine. The girls would only have to choose between a big choice of cities.

“Right, I understand… In one week…”

Akimoto added a last thing as Sayaka smiled.

“Of course, I’ll tell Takamina too… What?”

She stopped talking, waiting for Akimoto-san’s answer.

“Yes, of course! She’ll come too, don’t worry about it. Yes, I’ll tell everyone.”

Takamina, not aware that she would have to leave in one week for the new project of AKB48, walked in front of Acchan’s house. She didn’t stop. She didn’t look at it. She was walking without thinking of anything. She didn’t even hear her cell phone in her handbag. Even the cars… Even the birds… She couldn’t hear anything…

She just remembered the last words Hiroko had told her… It couldn’t be true, right? Acchan and she were friends, right? The same situation couldn’t happen another time, right? She must be… dreaming! Yes, she would wake up! Anyways, how would Hiroko know Acchan’s feelings? Acchan wasn’t the kind of girl that would tell anybody that she loved somebody… She wouldn’t do that. Acchan… was her friend. And… she was Acchan’s friend too. It was IMPOSSIBLE the same thing could happen…

And what if it was true? Of course, Takamina believed it WASN’T true, but if it was… What would she do? Would she do the same as she did with Hiroko? Wasn’t it the same situation? But for some reason, she knew she just couldn’t do that this time. Not only because she was older… but because she couldn’t even think of loosing Acchan’s friendship.

Her cell phone rang again, but Takamina ignored it. She had forgotten she had a phone in her bag.

The only sound Takamina could hear… was her heart beating faster than ever… and her mother’s voice whispering to her ear:

“Love… is not something you can avoid… even if it’s coming from another girl.”

TBC

ENDNOTE: Now the question isn't how Acchan will react... but how TAKAMINA will...
ENDNOTE2: If everything is fine, I should be able to update in about ten days, but I'm sorry if not...
So I should say.... HAPPY NEW YEAR IN ADVANCE!!! 2011 means...... NO3B ALBUM!!!!   XD
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 06:18:34 AM by bou-j525 »

Offline mangobanana15

• Member+
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2010, 10:48:20 AM »
thanks for updating even with all the texts you have to do  :)

I don't think that Takamina handled the situation really well after the confessing

I feel bad for Hiroko losing her mother and her friendship with Takamina

kinda hoping that they could still be friends in the future

i'm feeling so nervous right now! What will Takamina do when Aachan confesses?!?!?! :O

MAN I'M DYING TO KNOW!! also want to know what Akimoto said to Sayaka!

I will be waiting til you update!

Offline sorakamiya

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2010, 03:20:13 PM »
thanks for the update...  :) this story getting excited...  :lol: waiting for the next update n please.... hurry....  :panic: :panic: :thumbsup

i'm a bit not sure acchan would confess. coz in the chapter 9 acchan already heard from taka that no girlxgirl  :shocked but i guess for this time taka would not do the same as she has done to hiroko. maybe deep in her heart there always be accha...  :P2 who knows..  :roll:

Offline ShibuyaDokiDoki

• (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I am the SPARKLE KING~!
« Reply #73 on: January 01, 2011, 12:21:27 AM »
thanks for the update... i dunno man... i feel bad for Hiroko... xD

what would happen if Acchan confesses? I'm like skfhsdjka over that...

WHAT DID AKIMOTO SAY TO SAYAKA?! WHATTT? D:

please update soon... xD

Offline FoF

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2011, 05:17:41 AM »
I feel for you. School projects can be a bitch really, especially in the holidays.  :smhid
Hang in there! And keep hanging!  :thumbup
Hopefully hiroko will keep her word that she'll back off of Atsuko.
And hopefully, Atsuko will confess to Takamina.
Hopefully though...hopefully.  XD
We will be waiting for an update!  :D

Offline aoi_sora

• Member+
« Reply #75 on: January 05, 2011, 09:43:09 AM »
School...... :banghead:

If ever acchan confess to takamina!!!!
What will be takamina's reaction?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!
But I don't think takamina will reject acchan.....
Takamina please don't!!!!!
Hiroko and acchan are way to different!
TakAcchan!  :heart:

Offline bou-j525

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2011, 02:05:39 AM »
Hello guys!
Thank for all the comments/thank you/reading or anything  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:

I have a great new: My huge project's done!!! I finished it yesterday at midnight!!!  :cow:
I also have a bad new: School's starting tomorrow!!! XD So yeah, I'll have to find time to write, but I'll try to update fast!!! 

Last time I told you I was going to update in 10 days... it was December 29th. And you know what... I completely forgot there was a "December 31th" XD I know, I know: "how the hell did you forget something like this" XD Anyways, I have only 1 day late! Forgive me  :nervous in fact I wasn't suppose to post today, but then I remembered how FoF brillantly kept his/her promise of updating his/her fic, so I told myself I should just try to do the same XD I still haven't read the part 1 though... Haha I feel strong XD

Sooooo.... Sorry for the mistakes!

Chapter 11 

Half a week later, Takamina was heading toward a park to see her friends. She had told Akimoto-san that she wanted to go to Osaka. After all, she had always wanted to visit Osaka castle… and she knew the food was excellent there. Ok, the last point was probably what made her choose that city, but she was sure the fans would enjoy it too. She was leaving in three days for about a week, maybe more since they would all have to record a mini concert at the end. In fact, she was only coming back to her normal life. A life where she had to work hard for everything… where the only thing that matters was to work for the fans… in order to achieve her dream later.

She had seen nobody during four days, sleeping all the time and doing what she had wanted to do since the beginning: Nothing. She had slept, eaten, read mangas…. What else? Oh yeah, she had called her friends, but never seen them. Even with everything that happened, she had wanted to see Acchan, but when she had called her, her friend had a huge headache and couldn’t talk to anybody. Takamina had told her she could come and visit her, but Acchan had just said she could take care of herself. Haruna and Miichan had come to see Takamina, but the captain had just ignored them as she was reading her Shonen Jump. Nothing was more important then One Piece. Except Acchan, but since it was Haruna and Miichan, she didn’t care about them when she read her favourite manga. The only thing she had done outside her house was to tell Akimoto her destination.

She had not thought about Hiroko for a second.

The fact that she had seen nobody had nothing to do with what Hiroko had told her. It was only that Acchan was sick, so Takamina just wanted to wait until she gets better. She had done nothing else than nothing. And it was like paradise for her. She only had three days left from now on. Today, she was going to see everyone and tomorrow she was going to prepare for her departure… And the third day, she would probably just do nothing while waiting to leave. Oh wait… Then she had only two days left? Time passed fast.

She arrived to the park, just to see that everyone was already here, talking together. And by “everyone was talking together”, she meant that Miichan and Mariko were trying to separate Yuko from Haruna who was screaming at the poor squirrel, that Tomochin and Tomomi were talking to Sae and Sayaka while Acchan was laughing at everyone.

Her eyes were glued on Acchan. The actress felt better, it was obvious. The only thing she needed was to sleep, and now that she had, she was smiling and laughing as usual. The scene in front of her reminded her when Acchan was still with AKB48. But she knew it wouldn’t be long until their ways separated again. In fact… until the end of the week, she was going to say goodbye to Acchan again. And as soon as Hiroko would get better, Acchan would stop worrying too much and would come back to work. Their separation was only a matter of time.   

“Hello everyone!” Takamina said as she approached them, her heart pounding faster at Acchan’s glanced.

Today was a crucial day for her. She was going to watch every single move Acchan would do. Sure, it wasn’t the nicest thing to do, but she couldn’t just ask Acchan if she loved her, right? It was impossible she could do something so… embarrassing. So today, she was a real detective and her main goal was to discover if Hiroko was right…

“Takamina!” Haruna said, happy to see her. “Help me! Get Yuko off of me!”

“Help us, you mean!” Both Miichan and Mariko said.

Yuko was grabbing despairingly Haruna’s arm and didn’t want to let her go, saying her “Nyan Nyan” would be better by her side, kissing and hugging each other.

“Takamina, am I fat?!” Tomochin said as she went closer to the little captain slowly.

And as Takamina was helping her two friends to separate the others, she turned to Tomochin and said:

“What are you talking about?!”

She just arrived to the park, but it seemed that problems were already here. She really wondered why she was always the one who played the mediator role.

“Tomomi said if I didn’t move more, I’ll become fat!”

Takamina frowned at Tomomi. Tomochin was THE girlish person of the group… It was the worst thing ever to tell her! How come Tomomi had told her that?!

“I was just kidding, it’s not my fault it she takes it seriously!” Tomomi explained.

Sae and Sayaka were just staring at them. It looked that both of them had tried to convince Tomochin that she wasn’t… and that they had both failed.

“Hi Takamina!” Acchan just answered.

Somehow, Takamina was glad someone could just welcome her without doing something weird. She pulled Yuko away from Haruna before she looked at Acchan. She had not really talked to her since Hiroko had told her… “that”. Takamina knew Acchan and she were just friends… Seeing her so healthy now made her happy, but it couldn’t be because she loved Acchan! It was just normal to worry for a friend, right? Hell, if being worried for someone meant love… Well, she was in love with the entire group. NO WAY. The investigation had begun. She smiled back at Acchan and said:

“Thank for telling me “hello” in a normal way! I was beginning to think I shouldn’t have come here.”

Acchan laughed a bit. Takamina was still looking at her and didn’t know what to think. She was acting as usual with her. There was nothing special or nothing more than before… Takamina couldn’t see a tiny difference between now and before. That meant that Acchan was just acting like a friend! Why was she so worried about it! It was obvious that Acchan would never LOVE her! If she loved her, she would act in a different way…

“Nyan Nyan, come here!” Yuko moaned.

Takamina frowned. Of course, if Acchan loved her, it wouldn’t be as obvious as Yuko’s way of acting. Or at least… she hoped so.

“Nyan Nyan, I wanna kiss!!! Skinship!!!” Yuko implored as Haruna was hiding behind Mariko while Miichan was trying to stop the squirrel-in-heat.

Takamina sighed. Thank God, if Acchan loved her, she wasn’t acting that way. It was so embarrassing. She felt bad looking at Acchan with a detective look, but she had no choice. Damn Hiroko who had told her something so surprising! Now she couldn’t think about something else when she saw Acchan! After all, what was she afraid of? There was only friendship between them… It reminded her what had happened after she had seen the kiss scene back when she was at Acchan’s house.

Flash Back

The screen went black. The two girls stared at each other, one with a shy look, the other with pain hidden behind two dreamy eyes. They didn’t say anything for a while. Takamina couldn’t look away. Somehow, she was attracted by Acchan’s eyes. They were so close to each other… if it wasn’t her, Takamina would be dead because of shyness. But it was Acchan, so it was different. She had a really warm feeling when she stared at her, but she couldn’t put a name on it. It was awkward, but less than she thought it would be… it was more about… complicity. Takamina knew their close friendship was the main reason why they weren’t dead because of shyness about this scene.

But the way Acchan was looking at her now… what did it mean?

“Um… I guess it’s again because of this “TakAcchan” or “AtsuMina” thing. You know… what the fans imagined.” Takamina said, breaking the silence.

Acchan slowly nodded, looking away for the first time.

“It’s incredible, isn’t it, all the things the fans think about us?” Takamina quickly said, trying to act like usual.

Acchan just kept nodding, without really answering anything until Takamina moved her hand before her eyes.

“Are you here?” She asked to the actress.

“Ah… sorry. I was just thinking about something.”

“Ah, really? I was sure you were thinking about nothing.” Takamina laughed.

“Yeah…”

She looked unsure of what to do.

“Forget about it. It was a nice video, right? I must be really important to this fan…”

Her smile suddenly appeared on her face.

“Let’s do it again!” She exclaimed.

She tried to move her lips closer to Takamina’s but her friend moved away, an amused scary look on her face.

“Don’t even think about it.” She mumbled shyly.

“Takamina, come here!”

Acchan looked so serious Takamina almost thought she was taking everything seriously like if they were dating or something. “Almost”.

“Catch me if you can!” She said before she ran outside the living room.

Acchan didn’t hesitate and began to pursue her friend everywhere. She couldn’t blame Takamina to think she was joking since it was almost that… How would she react if she told her she was serious? She would flee and never come back, right? That’s why she couldn’t tell her anything.

Takamina turned around a couple of times while she was running, avoiding Acchan’s glance. As they stopped running, breathless, her eyes finally met Acchan’s. She didn’t say anything as she saw a slight painful look passing through her friend’s glance. But it disappeared so fast she didn’t get the chance to see if she was wrong.

End of Flash Back

Takamina shook her head. It wasn’t the time to think about it.

“CAN SOMEBODY JUST STOP HER?!” Haruna screamed.

Both Sae and Sayaka, acting like real gentlemen, hold Yuko. They didn’t know what she had today, but she seemed more in love than usual… if it was even possible. While Tomochin was still thinking about her weight, Mariko said:

“Before things went crazy, we were talking about AKB48’s new project.”

“Right, BEFORE things went crazy.” Miichan said as she pointed Yuko. “She’s even more excited than usual.”

“It’s because I won’t be able to see Nyan Nyan for a whole week!” Yuko said with a sad voice.

“So what? We won’t see anybody too.” Sae said as she slowly release her, seeing that the girl was calmer.

“I want to share every minute left with the girl of my life!” Yuko said, stars shining in her eyes.

“Weirdo.” Tomomi said.

“Don’t tell me you won’t miss a certain Tomochin.” Yuko replied, half smirking, half pouting.

“I’m not the only one!” The squirrel complained as she saw everyone shaking their head to her. “Everybody here will miss someone… except Mariko and Miichan!”

“Hey!” Both the two girls said.

“It’s true!” Yuko said. “I’ll miss Nyan Nyan, Nyan Nyan will miss me, Sae and Sayaka too… I don’t think we need to talk about Tomomi and Tomochin since it’s obvious… And Takamina will miss Acchan as usual!”

“What do you mean “as usual”?!” Takamina protested.

Everyone ignored her intervention, knowing how the small captain was lying.

“I’ll miss Mariko!” Miichan said, disliking being apart.

“I’ll miss Miichan!” Mariko said, hating being apart.

“All for one…” Miichan said.

“And one for all!” Mariko finished.

They ended up hugging each other, pretending to cry. It was strange to see Mariko playing the game, but it was great to see the older girl could relax sometimes too. Takamina laughed at their scene, making the others bursting of laugher too.

“So, where are you all going?” Acchan asked, curious about what was going to happen to her old group.

“Chiba.”

“Hiroshima.”

“Kyoto.”

“Osaka.”

“Nara.”

“Kobe.”

“Yokohama.”

“Nagano.”

“Nagasaki.”

Acchan stared at them. It was such a wonderful project! She wished she was still with AKB48 only to be part of it!

“It’s amazing!” She said.

They all nodded.

“And we’ll leave in three days.” Sae said. “For about a week… and we’ll come back to Tokyo for a live concert. It will be subbed.”

They all smiled. AKB48 world domination, exactly like Sasshi said.

“I wish I could do it too…” Acchan said as she looked at Takamina. “But I need to wait for my manager.”

The captain felt Acchan’s glance on her. Takamina stared at her for a moment, thinking Acchan must look at her because of her manager… Takamina hated to lie to her friend. She knew she should tell Acchan she had visited Hiroko before her departure... but at the same time… it wasn’t what she wanted to do.

“How is she?” Sayaka asked slowly. “Don’t answer if you don’t want of course.”

Acchan smiled at her, glad of the attention.

“Hospital called me yesterday. The doctor told me she was not better. In fact, I don’t know why, but it seemed that her health is even worst since four days.”

Takamina flinched. Four days… It had been four days since she had seen Hiroko.

“Really?” Mariko said. “I hope she’ll get better… But I guess you can’t wait for her forever, right? You’ll need to go back to work soon I guess… Your new drama, it’s not done yet, right? They’re waiting for you, right?”

“Really?” Tomomi asked. “I’ve never thought they would wait for you! I mean… You have a broken arm!”

“They said it’s gonna be alright. I don’t know how, but it seems that they will find something so my character will suddenly have a broken arm.” Acchan laughed. “They said… I was a great actress, so they needed me even with that arm.”

“So you’ll tell us how it ends right?” Tomomi asked. “I want to know how your character will react to the kiss!”

“Kiss?” Yuko asked. “What kiss?”

“Don’t you know?” Tomochin said. “Her character got kissed by the guy! Oh my god, it was so romantic! It was so beautiful! Tomomi and I watched it this week end!”

“I don’t know, I missed it this week end… I was… busy.”

Yuko had said the last word, looking at Haruna who was slightly blushing. Everybody saw it and smirked at them. They would have to find out what had happened between the two… It was becoming really funny to follow their adventures. It was almost like a drama. Right, it would make a great drama: The adventures of Yuko and Haruna, also called: “a hundred ways to avoid the other’s love.”

“Kiss scene?!” Takamina asked as she reacted later than everybody, which made them laughed at her.

“What? Jealous?” Miichan asked.

“Shut up!” Takamina replied. “I just don’t know what you guys are talking about.”

“About Acchan, of course!” Miichan answered, all happy to laugh at her. “I thought that’s what you wanted, to talk about her!”

Acchan blushed slightly as her eyes met Takamina’s again. Takamina didn’t avoid her glance. She needed to find out what Acchan really thought about her so she needed to be able to surpass those awkward moments.

“Don’t tell me you didn’t know?” Yuko asked, making fun of her too.

“You didn’t either.” Haruna sighed to her “lover”.

“But now I know! And Takamina doesn’t! So I have the right to say that!” Yuko protested.

“It was only a little kiss.” Acchan said.

Takamina looked at her. When she had had a kiss scene back when it had been Q10, newspapers had talked about it a lot. But now, it was almost… normal. Since Acchan had played in lot of drama, it was normal to do love scenes and so on. But why was she feeling so upset about it?! It was Acchan the subject of her investigation, not herself!

“A LITTLE KISS?!” Both Tomochin and Tomomi exclaimed.

Acchan moved awkwardly. She knew Tomochin and Tomomi would watch her drama since it was the kind the couple liked. She also knew Haruna and Yuko had done something else, since Yuko herself had said it. And judging by the look Sae, Sayaka and Miichan were sending to her, they didn’t know a damn thing about it too.

“Well…” Miichan said. “I planned on watching it later. I wanted to visit my family.”

“Not my kind of drama, sorry Acchan.” Sae said as Sayaka answered the same.

Acchan couldn’t blame them. They were honest. They didn’t need to watch her drama only because they knew her. As for Mariko…

“I watched it.” She just said with an indifferent voice. “It was great. It was…kind of hot, you know, but it was great.”

At the word “hot”, Yuko suddenly stopped climbing on Haruna and asked with an excited voice:

“What did we miss?!”

“Pervert.” Haruna mumbled.

“Why are you so cruel to me?!” Yuko protested again.

Both Tomochin and Tomomi stared at them, especially Takamina, amusing. The little captain didn’t know anything about it since… well it was one of the day she had spent on sleeping. It was hard to sleep! Yes, really one of the hardest things she had done. She needed to concentrate on nothing… which was REALLY hard right now for Takamina, especially with the accident and Hiroko and so on. She couldn’t help it… Before sleeping, she thought about her day then it made her think about Acchan… Acchan made her think about Hiroko… and Hiroko about the cruel things she had done to her… and her childhood… and so on until what seemed forever.

“That was amazing!” Tomochin said as Tomomi began to tell them exactly what had happened.

“The guy invited the girl in a café. They began to talk together and as they were leaving, it began to rain. When they reached her home, the girl saw that she had forgotten her keys and couldn’t go home, so the guy invited her to his house. When they were just sitting side by side -it was so cute- the guy touched her cheek slowly…”

“And then the girl tried to resist, but the guy kissed her slightly! It seemed that he didn’t know if he was doing the right thing so he stopped and stared at her for a second.” Tomochin said faster.

“And the girl blinked at him as she held her hand! It was so cute! Acchan looked gorgeous in this scene by the way! So the guy kissed her again… But in a harder way, you know what I mean? And it went even more intense as their bodies began to move in unison… They were both breathing heavily… They were breathing the other’s air… Their eyes couldn’t look away… and the guy began to caress her…” Tomomi added.

“And then the girl moved apart from him! So suddenly! It broke the magic of the moment! She said she was sorry and left his home… And…” Tomochin said.

“IT WAS THE END OF THE EPISODE!” Tomomi finished as she pretended to cry.

The group was staring at the two girls, speechless. They were so into it… Even Acchan didn’t know what to answer to that. Takamina was red. Really, she was red. It wasn’t her fault! Hearing that Acchan had had such a love scene… just after Hiroko had told her Acchan might love her… So her imagination… She had figured the same thing could happen to them and it made her become red. WHY THE HELL WAS SHE THINKING ABOUT SOMETHING SO PERVERT?!? WITH HER AND ACCHAN FOR GOD SAKE! God… she should have stayed home today…

“Amazing!” Yuko said. “I need to see it!”

“You’re really a pervert.” Haruna said with what seemed a mini smile.

“Not as much as Takamina.” Miichan said with an amused voice. “Look at her, I think she’s going to faint.”

Acchan, who was still looking at her friend, could tell she was trying to hide her cheeks. She found it cute, the way she was so shy, walking awkwardly around. It was part of her job to have this love scene, she couldn’t help it. But she wondered why Takamina looked so shy about it. Like she had read into Acchan’s mind, Sae said:

“Look who’s jealous! She’s probably wondering when her turn will come…”

“Shut up!” Takamina repeated, looking away.

Acchan smiled, surprising herself as she was telling herself:

“It can’t be true…”

Takamina was still trying to avoid everyone’s glance when Acchan suddenly hugged her.

“Stop being jealous, Takamina!” The actress said happily.

“I’m not!” Takamina smiled back to her, knowing it was just a game between them.

Everyone smirked as Mariko took a picture. They were so cute together. She would send it to Takamina when she would leave Tokyo for a week. Takamina might hate her now, she would thank her later for that.

“I love you Takamina!” Acchan smiled.

Takamina smiled back, knowing Acchan was joking. In fact, each time Acchan said these three words to her, she knew she was just kidding… Like before, when she was with AKB48… Always being a joke… They had never talked about their exact relationship. She only knew it was more than normal friendship… without really breaking the border between friendship and love.

“I really do!” Acchan added with a more serious voice, even though she was still laughing a little.

Takamina looked at her. She couldn’t be serious. And everyone was watching her. “Do you really love me?”… Was it the question she had to ask? No, Acchan was just playing around. She thought of what Hiroko had told her as she shook her head. It just couldn’t be true. Acchan would always be her best friend. She knew Acchan would never say those three words seriously to her, like a confession. After all, the ex member of AKB48 had repeated those words to everyone, so it couldn’t be serious only with her, right?

“I love you too, Acchan!” Takamina answered.

“See that?! She said it so cutely!” Miichan exclaimed. “They are so cute!”

Blushing a little, the captain stopped hugging Acchan, who was just smiling.

“Don’t be shy, Takamina!” Sayaka said.

“Shut up!” The captain answered.

“Can’t you answer something different for once?” Yuko asked.

“I’m not that shy!”

Everyone glanced at her.

“Yeah… you know, I don’t think lying is better finally…” Mariko said.

Takamina didn’t answer, making everyone except Acchan smirked at her.

“Well, let’s forget about it since someone here seemed so shy!” Tomomi said. “We’ll just wait until Acchan make out in one of her roles, so that maybe that someone will finally realize she’s jealous.”

Both Acchan and Takamina blushed furiously as the actress said:

“I’m not going to play that kind of scenes!”

They all laughed, knowing Tomomi just wanted to joke about the duo. Takamina just nodded at Acchan’s answer.

“Look, Takamina doesn’t want you to either!” Yuko said. “Understand, Acchan, no more love scenes or else she’s going to be jealous and we’ll have to endure her!”

Acchan smirked as she cutely took Takamina’s hand.

“So… what about some love scenes with Takamina?” She asked innocently as she looked at everyone.

“W… What?!” Takamina said as she blushed even more, though she had already broke her record of blushing.

“Because… the feelings I have… I really love Takamina…” She whispered, slightly moving her lips.

Takamina suddenly felt Acchan discretely squeezing her hand. She stopped breathing for a moment, speechless. No way, Acchan was serious? So Hiroko was right? Acchan… loved her? What more, is the world going to crash?

“Just kidding!” Acchan suddenly laughed as she released Takamina’s hand.

While everyone was laughing at how cute the small captain was, Takamina couldn’t stop making her heart racing like never before. Acchan had said it so… seriously and cutely, she couldn’t take it. For a second, she had really thought Hiroko was right. So everything was a joke finally? Like before, like now, like… it would always be? Was her investigation… done?

“Stop looking at me like this.” Acchan added, amused. “It was a joke.”

“Of… Of course it was! I knew it!” Takamina stammered, forcing herself to smile.

“Well, never do that again Acchan or your lover will die. Look how she’s nervous now!” Mariko said cruelly.

They all teased Takamina and Acchan and suddenly, the atmosphere became a bit sadder as Haruna said:

“It’s been a long time since we’ve fun like this together, right?”

Everyone sighed except Yuko who said:

“But it won’t be the last time! When we’ll come back, we’ll meet again!”

Acchan nodded, knowing that when they would come back, they would have to work again. This new project meant the end of their break.

“What about going to eat when we’ll come back?” Sae proposed. “I’m sure we can find some times to be with you!”

“Yeah…” Acchan said hesitantly. “But I don’t know myself when I’ll go back to work. Maybe when you’ll come back, I’ll be gone. My manager should be better then.”

“Hope not…” Takamina mumbled.

The members of AKB48 stared at her as she realized her mistake.

“Not that I don’t want Hiroko to get better”, she said quickly, “it’s just that I think if you don’t go back to work soon, it’ll be easier to see you.”

It didn’t help her at all as everyone AND Acchan frowned even more at her.

“I-I mean… I hope Sato-san will get better, but that Acchan won’t work soon so we can see her when we’ll come back!”

“Why did you call her by her first name? You know her?” Tomochin asked.

“Me? No! When did I call Hir- Sato-san by her first name?!”

They stared at the VERY nervous Takamina… and just decided to ignore her failing. After all, they didn’t want to know about it… yet. But Acchan was staring at Takamina while she was wondering why her friend had called her manager in a friendly way. Hadn’t she told her they were… enemies? They kept talking about it for a moment until Miichan said:

“Leave it… She probably just wants to be more with Acchan, that’s all.”

“Let’s play Takamina!” Acchan said with a happy voice as she hugged her again.

Takamina wanted some attention? Well, no problem about it. She would give her a lot.

“Stop it! It’s embarrassing!” Takamina said in a very cute way.

“You two look so-”

“I’m not gay!” Takamina furiously interrupted Mariko’s voice.

It seemed that “you two look so gay” was becoming Mariko’s new favourite sentence. Miichan smirked as she realized that, for a long time, Takamina had ALWAYS repeated that she wasn’t gay… But as for Acchan…she never did.

“What about you, Acchan?” Miichan asked with an innocent voice.

Acchan, who was still hugging her friend, turned to her and said:

“I love Takamina!”

“See?” Mariko said loudly with an “it’s pure evidence” voice. “They are-”

But Takamina interrupted her as she smiled:

“What are you talking about, you two! We’re best friends, right, Acchan? It’s usual to say we love our best friends!”

The small captain hadn’t taken seriously … again. Well, she couldn’t help it since Acchan had told her exactly the same thing five minutes ago... And it did turned out to be a joke. But she didn’t know that, for the first time, even though she had said it with a funny voice, Acchan was serious. She just couldn’t say it with a serious voice, making everyone always thinking she was joking. Seeing Takamina smiling so nicely at her made Acchan answered:

“Of course!”

“See! It’s not because the fans saw us as a couple that we are one! Unlike two others I know…” Takamina said as she glanced at Tomochin and Tomomi.

Miichan sighed. She was sure that Acchan looked like she was telling the truth. How could she be wrong! She had a sixth sense when it comes to love! She had always thought these two would get together… Her “dream” had broken when Acchan had graduated and now she hoped that the two friends would get together when they would see each other and see how much they missed being together… But it seemed that she was wrong for the first time of her life. She couldn’t believe she was wrong… something must happen with these two… Something was wrong about it… but it wasn’t herself for sure.

“Best friends forever!” Acchan repeated even loudly as she was acting like a little child.

So Takamina kept smiling at her, unaware that, behind those smiles and laughs, pain and sadness was hidden deep inside Acchan’s heart. And Miichan couldn’t stop looking at the small captain. What was wrong was not herself… it was… someone else.

Takamina had not slept the whole night, wondering how she was supposed to be the guide for overseas fans. Really… she was going to Osaka… she was supposed to be ready to explain how Osaka was to the fans… It was the goal of the project, right? Made them discover Japan through her private life, right? But she didn’t know what she was supposed to say except… that the food was good. But now that she thought about it… the fans would like to hear about food, right? Anyways, she would find something.

It was midday, she was eating, half sleeping… and ready to leave the same day at two. Yesterday, she had packed her things almost all the day. She had also had a meeting with Akimoto in order to talk about everything for the last time. He had told her he was glad she was alright and hoped that everything was going to be fine. He had not talked about Acchan, which she was glad about.

She was finishing eating as she received a phone call from no one but the famous actress.

“Hello?” She said with a sleepy voice.

She heard Acchan laughed.

“You’re sleeping?” Her friend asked.

“Yes, call me later.” Takamina joked.

“Okay, talk to you later!” Acchan answered.

And Takamina heard Acchan hang up. She stared at her phone for a moment. It kinda woke her. She immediately called Acchan back.

“Hey!” She said as soon as the ex member answered. “It was a joke!”

“No, it wasn’t.”

Acchan was so serious that Takamina asked with an anxious voice:

“What do you mean?”

“I called you BEFORE. You said you were going to talk to me LATER. Now you called me back. And it’s one minute later.”

She heard Acchan laughed slightly.

“Very funny.” Takamina mumbled. “You just failed at life.”

“In fact… I just wanted to wish you a nice trip. Work hard!”

Takamina smiled as she answered:

“Thank. I’ll do my best!”

“Guess what?”

Takamina smirked as she thought how easy it was to talk with Acchan, even with her departure thing. They would always talk about something else, just to have fun together.

“What?”

Acchan seemed to laugh again as she said:

“The reason why Yuko and Haruna didn’t see my drama… Yuko told me before she left that she had finally confessed to Haruna.”

Takamina didn’t know what to say for a moment. She knew Yuko had always liked Haruna… But she thought she was a bit like Acchan was, always joking too. So it was surprising to hear something like this. And then again, she couldn’t believe how right the fans were with the couples they made for AKB48. They had seen TomoTomo, SaeYaka… Matsuix2… Who was the next one? Unsure of the reason, she really hoped it would not be Acchan and Miichan… After all, they were married… And the fans sometimes saw them as a couple… Oh please, she wanted them to stay friends. Why? She didn’t know at all… probably just a feeling. Wait a minute… the fans saw HER and Acchan as a couple… Which was worst? She couldn’t choose. Thinking about it was weird. It was even more surprising that Aki-p had not made a rule “No boyfriend AND girlfriend in AKB48”. After all, if they couldn’t have a boyfriend… it seemed that all the girls were trying to find girlfriends now. It wasn’t better, was it? Weird.

“Really?” Takamina asked, surprised. “So that’s why she was so excited last time!”

“Yeah! She told me it was the most difficult thing she ever had to do, but she managed to confess to her. And then she said she had to hurry because she wanted to kiss Haruna before she left!”

Yuko had already left. Her departure was before Takamina’s.

“What? Seriously?! How did Haruna react?”

“According to Yuko… It took a long time to get an answer, but she was happy about it.”

Takamina could hardly believe it… but in a way… it was credible. She had never heard Haruna saying clearly she didn’t like Yuko.

“Well… I’m never going to look at them the same way now! I’m glad for Haruna though.”

“I knew it was coming.” Acchan said with an excited voice. “I wish I could congrats them.”

“You knew it?!” Takamina asked. “What do you mean?”

“It was obvious they were going to be a couple. You never saw it?”

“What?”

“The way Yuko was looking at Haruna. It was obvious she truly loved her.”

Takamina sighed. Was she really the only one that never saw those kinds of things?

“Everyone’s in love with everyone or what?!” Takamina laughed. “I thought Yuko was just joking…”

It took a minute for Acchan to answer.

“If you look better, you’ll see that there’re many girls in love in AKB48… And out of the group too.”

“Ah, don’t misunderstand me, I’m not judging them or anything. I’m not against that… It’s just surprising, you know. But I’m glad for her… I can guess she won’t stop thinking about Haruna the whole time of the trip now. It’ll be funny to see the videos of her trip… She’ll compare everything and everyone to Haruna.”

“I know.” Acchan laughed. “I need to see it too! I missed the group sometimes… There were no secrets between us.”

“Well… It hasn’t changed on this point. There’s still no secret between us two, right?”

Acchan seemed to hesitate before she answered:

“Of course! I’ll tell you everything! That’s why I called you. I wanted you to not be surprise if ever you… surprise them…”

“Oh please, no more information.” Takamina implored with a fake shy voice.

They both laughed. It was obvious they didn’t want to see them doing weird things, but it was great to know Yuko had finally beat her fear of telling Haruna her true feelings. Acchan felt somehow mad about herself to not being able to do the same. Sure, she wasn’t as sure as Yuko about her feelings… Okay, it wasn’t that she wasn’t sure about them… It was more that Takamina had “kind of” told her she had “kind of” rejected a friend because the friend had “kind of” confessed to her… So Acchan “kind of” didn’t want to do something that could destroy what she had more precious to her life.

It was easy to talk together, even if she felt her heart hurt a bit. She was glad Takamina had not chosen to graduate finally… Because she could tell Takamina was happy just the way she was now. They kept talking about nothing when Takamina’s alarm rang. 

“I need to go now…” She said to Acchan with a sad voice. “Work’s calling me.”

She looked at her clock… They had talked for about an hour and thirty minutes. She was going to be late if she continued like that.

“Work’s cruel, right?” Acchan asked, half serious.

“Sure, it is.” Takamina answered. “I’m coming back to work now. I have to focus on AKB48… I can’t do the same mistake I did when I came back to Japan earlier.”

“It will be hard since you don’t leave Japan.” Acchan laughed.

Takamina sighed as she answered:

“Really funny! It’s the “lame joke” day or what? I came back to see you, remember?”

“Thanks for that!” Acchan said with an honest voice. “I’m glad you did it.”

It was true. If Takamina hadn’t came back sooner… Who knew how broken she would be because of Hiroko now?

“Me too.” Takamina answered.

There was an awkward moment of silence before Takamina continued:

“Well… I’m leaving now, I have to hang up.”

“I understand… Take care of yourself.”

“I will. I’m not the one stupid enough to get in a car accident.”

“It wasn’t my fault.”

Takamina smiled, even thought she knew Acchan couldn’t see her. She had fun talking with her… but she was already late. She wished she could stop time.

“I really need to go now. I’ll talk to you when I’ll come back. Or I’ll send you a mail.”

She heard Acchan sighed. She seemed to be really sad… but Takamina could felt there was something Acchan didn’t tell her… Her sixth sense could tell her that. But she had no time to think about it now.

“Take care! I don’t want you to be at the hospital when I’ll come back!”

“Even if it’s just to see how my manager is?” Acchan asked with an innocent voice.

“As long as you’re not the one in the bed with lot of machines around you, it’s okay.”

Acchan felt that warm feeling again as she heard Takamina telling her that with the soft and honest voice she had always liked.

“You know… about what happened at the park…”

She stopped, unsure.

“Yes?” Takamina asked.

The actress sighed. It wasn’t something she could say at phone. They needed to meet… It wasn’t something… she could just say and forget about.

“No… Nothing…”

“Are you sure? You sound… sad.”

Acchan smiled sadly. Takamina was right… But she couldn’t tell her that, could she?

“I’m alright… I just-”

“Damn, I’m even later than before!” Takamina interrupted quickly. “Sorry, take care, Acchan! I’ll miss you!”

And she hanged up, not letting time to Acchan to answer. She knew it wasn’t polite from her… but she was going to get killed if she didn’t hurry… or worst.

In another house, far from Takamina’s, Acchan was staring at her TV screen, replaying the kiss she had given to Takamina during the Heavy Rotation recording. Next time… maybe she would be able to confess… It was going to be a very long week.

The train was ready to leave. There was two cameramen with the captain of Team A and another man who was here for security reasons. She was alone, waiting for the departure. She knew if was going to be very long week, but she was glad to be part of the project. It was now or never. She was going to prove to all the members she was still working for AKB48 sake. There was no way she would come back sooner of anything this time. It was serious. She was with Mariko on the station, waiting for her turn to come. She was taking another train, but she had had the kindness to come and wish her a nice trip before she left. Takamina was glad Mariko was still with the group, even if she knew her graduation would probably be soon. She’d rather no think about it.

The train began to move as she said good bye to Mariko… until she couldn’t see anything. One of the cameramen opened his camera, saying she needed to say a word to the fans now that she had just left Tokyo.

“Hello everybody! I’m currently on my way to Osaka!!! We’re going to have fun and I’ll do my best to help you to discover this nice city. Food here is delicious, don’t forget it! Now I’m really tired because I didn’t sleep at all because I was so nervous! I couldn’t think about what I was going to say, but now I’m fine and I hope you’ll enjoy the trip as much as I will!”

She pretended to fall asleep for five minutes before she suddenly opened her eyes.

“You’re still filming?” She asked. “Yes? Hello everyone, this is tired Takamina! We just left Tokyo! I have nothing to say now so I will nicely ask the cameraman to close his- Ah, sorry, I got a mail. Everyone, wait a minute, please!”

She opened her phone. She smiled as she saw the picture. Here were she and Acchan, hugging together, smiling and laughing. They seemed really happy on the picture. Takamina stared at Acchan for a minute. The actress was staring at her with so many stars in her eyes… She was glad to see Acchan so happy when they were together. She was glad to see she could make Acchan so happy, especially after everything her friend went through. She couldn’t help but thank Mariko to send her the picture right when she needed it. She was already missing Acchan.

Hiroko was wrong. They were best friends. They were having fun together. This picture proved it. Either Acchan really hid well her feelings, because Takamina could not see even a bit love feeling in her eyes, either she was only seeing her as a friend. And to the little captain, the first option couldn’t be the real one. Takamina came to the conclusion that Hiroko must have said something like this because she was half crazy… But still… doubts remained in her mind as she thought about the painful look she had thought she had seen at Acchan’s house.

She turned to the camera and said:

“It’s a mail from Mariko! So today… I got three mails! It’s incredible, isn’t it? My record is… six mails! It’s a picture of me and Acchan together! We’re looking great, right? I think this trip will…”

And she kept talking for ten minutes. The train was moving faster, far from Tokyo, leaving behind him… Mariko on the train station… and Acchan, still staring sadly at her TV screen.

TBC

ENDNOTE: I don't know if I'll do it for each chapter, but here's a mini quote of the next chapter to make you forgive me from the 1 day late XD:

“I know you very well.” Miichan finished. “I’m sure you thought that I didn’t understand anything about your feelings, am I wrong? And right now, you're thinking I shouldn't talk this way to you because I don't understand your feelings, right? But you know, the reason why I insist so much is because I’m sure of what I’m saying. I wouldn’t talk so much about it if I weren’t sure of everything. So in fact, maybe it’s not me who doesn’t understand. Maybe you just don’t understand your own feelings...”

Why can’t you just look deeper in your heart?

ENDNOTE2: I don't know when I'll be able to update, but I'll try to do it as soon as possible!

Offline immo

• Member+
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2011, 04:34:00 AM »
thanks for updating buddy. will read tomorrow when I'm at work, lol. :P

Offline alexiel17

• Captain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • dead.... @__@
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2011, 04:47:04 PM »
Haha :] Know what? :mon huh:  I've modified my post!!! :mon roll: :grin: Ha! no embarrassing comment from me...  YeY! my image isn't ruined! (for now hehe :])
Anyway, still haven't read this chap.. :mon sweat:  (because of that blasted hw of mine... not to mention that my preliminary test is due next week... Oh NO!!!!  :panic: :panic:  :banghead: :mon zoom: )

Anyway, this post is really for you...haha :]  :D (hope you're not wondering... hehe :] sorry bout that... hehehe :]  :nervous )

Thanks again for the update :]  :grin: :mon XD:
dead...

Offline shahi

• Member+
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2011, 11:24:39 PM »
takacchan so cute together  :wub: and takami so shy,members always tease her about acchan and her  :P

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - Hinoatarubasyo