JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - I Not Crazy Am You Are

Author Topic: [2012.12.17] 2nd AKB48 Kouhaku Taikou Uta Gassen  (Read 14140 times)

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
Re: [2012.12.17] 2nd AKB48 Kouhaku Utagassen
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 09:10:23 PM »
DVD/Bluray release

2013/03/27

DVD 4,980 yen
Bluray 6,980 yen

2 discs, contains 20 page booklet and 3 photos

http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-11460725139.html
http://akb48-dvdcatalog.com/kouhaku2/

Chihiro

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2013, 11:37:02 AM »
DVD/Bluray - VID from official channel

Offline YKT

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • MayuyuOrg
    • MayuyuOrg
    • +YKTing
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »
Cover

Offline Ruka Kikuchi

• Member+
  • Aspiring actress and writing for fun!
    • rukakikuchi
    • rukakikuchi
Re: [2012.12.17] 2nd AKB48 Kouhaku UtagPosterioren
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2013, 11:42:35 PM »
AKB48 at Kouhaku UtagPosterioren 2012

Oogoe Diamond (Special Acappella ver.)

Highlights Include:
Beautiful vocals from Yuka and Sayaka
Tomo~mi and Amina's sweet voice harmony
& Shiichan's outrageous beat-boxing(I never knew she could do that)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 12:11:50 AM by TTLuver497 »
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:heart: l Completed: Fire and Ice l Black Chocolate l My eternal blue rose l Dishonored l The Black Rose l Fruits of a Rose l Remnants l :heart:
:heart: l Dropped: Tentomu chu l REBORN l Bite me l NMB Gakuen l YumeToki l Cafe 48 l :heart: l Hiatus/Indefinite: Samurai l Blood Bonds l Night Wind's Deed l PRISM l Time Travelers l :heart:
:heart: l Collab threads: Sky&Ruka l Ruka&Michael l :heart:
 l Compilation thread: 48G New Gen l :heart:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2013, 12:00:04 AM »
I always mean to leave some kind of "review/thoughts" after I watch a concert but rarely get round to it, so here we go, hope it's not too rambly...

So, I've watched disc one (ends at the Mariko solo song), and overall, there were a few really standout songs which make it worthwhile, but as a whole, I enjoyed it a lot less than the first one. A lot of this might come down to the fact that with the first one, no-one knew what to expect - plus it had the excitement of a livestream.

I did not watch any news footage or any of the DVD clips from the last single so I had no exposure to this beforehand - just Paruru's solo which Masa played on her jphip radio birthday special a few hours ago. When I saw the setlist at the time, I remember thinking that pretty much all the unit songs were repeats of last year, and this felt much the case when watching it, and was disappointing, as the first year felt very fresh and this a bit of a rehash. Let's get on with the highlights though:

1. Oogoe Diamond acappella version. This was fantastic, and not what I expected. It had the parts like a real a cappella group to make the song feel complete. So good they even did a reprise in the MC.

2. Kitagawa Kenji performed by JKT48 and Kitagawa Kenji himself. The man took centre stage and rocked it. The JKT girls did well too and this is always a great upbeat song.

----

3. Sakura no Hanabiratachi - Yukirin solo with an acoustic guitar player. Really different to both Acchan and Wasamin's solo versions, Yukirin delivers again.

4. Heavy Rotation - the Hey!x3 break - nothing special, I just really liked hearing/seeing the song, and seeing Mayu and Yuko lots since they started/ended the show so did not see them the rest of it...

5. Anata to Christmas Eve - like I said, I was disappointed with the repeat units from last year and so when Sakiko came on the grand piano - I was like "oh no", but she did not sing, Kojiharu and Sayanee did - and there was a choir, which is what made this version different.

6. Oshima Yuko's solo Give Me Five! - not for her bits, but rather for the instrumental solos.

----

It's also worthwhile mentioning that Mariko-sama did a really good job with Mujin Eki and looked great there. The best of the repeat units was AnRiRe Heart Gata Virus. I also enjoyed Joan D'Arc. Less so the rest of them. Maria was great in Yuuhi wo Miteiru ka? which just wanted to make me watch Team 4.

The concert started really well, with Team Aka Oshi and Wasshoi Shiro being new versions of great upbeat songs. Then came the solos for my oshis. Which was one thing I was not looking forward to - and also meant they were kind of a warm-up act and I would not see them the rest of the concert. Paru did really well with Soredemo Suki da yo, and I was really proud of her. I never thought Mayu would suit Kimi wa Boku da, and it did not really work. She looked absolutely stunning but the performance lacked the sass and liveliness of Acchan's.

Nothing much to say about the rest. They wheeled out a lot of Japanese comedians, who aren't my thing at all, and definitely not what I watch an AKB concert for. One of whom even dragged out the intro for HKT's Takeuchi Senpai for ages, and it was disappointing that HKT only got to do a song I do not like much. Apart from a unit where Meru was in - guess she is certified as future AKB ace. Yuria seemed to have a new role in Ame no Doubutsen that I've not seen in other performances, kinda a joke role though. There were professional cheerleaders in one song that completely outshone all the 48 group members, and little kids dancing it one song, which was odd. There was some wotagei folk doing backing for another song which was fun. They also stripped UZA down to a two-member performance, inexplicably, but remixed it slightly to make it sound even more like generic Western pop.

Overall, I'd say it's definitely worth checking out the highlights, which were mostly the unique arrangements of songs. And if you do watch the whole thing, maybe skip the MCs...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 10:25:41 PM by Jul3 »

Chihiro

Offline maliciel

• Subcru
  • Member+
Re: [2012.12.17] 2nd AKB48 Kouhaku Taikou Uta Gassen
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 04:59:13 PM »

Yeah, Annin really loves performing for the fans. :lol:

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rin Toshite Shigure - I Not Crazy Am You Are